[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Witchcraft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 14

File: 2819210.jpg (886KB, 1000x703px) Image search: [Google]
2819210.jpg
886KB, 1000x703px
Anyone here actively practice witchcraft, secular or otherwise? I've been looking to get into it and was wondering what I need to know before immersing myself into it.
>>
>>17727004
here's a warning from the Qur'an
Surah 2:96
"And you will surely find them the most greedy of people for life - [even] more than those who associate others with Allah . One of them wishes that he could be granted life a thousand years, but it would not remove him in the least from the [coming] punishment that he should be granted life. And Allah is Seeing of what they do."

Surah 2:102
"And they followed [instead] what the devils had recited during the reign of Solomon. It was not Solomon who disbelieved, but the devils disbelieved, teaching people magic and that which was revealed to the two angels at Babylon, Harut and Marut. But the two angels do not teach anyone unless they say, "We are a trial, so do not disbelieve [by practicing magic]." And [yet] they learn from them that by which they cause separation between a man and his wife. But they do not harm anyone through it except by permission of Allah . And the people learn what harms them and does not benefit them. But the Children of Israel certainly knew that whoever purchased the magic would not have in the Hereafter any share. And wretched is that for which they sold themselves [their souls], if they only knew."
>>
>>17727025
Go fuck yourself and your "religion of peace"
>>
>>17727025
Who cares muslimfag, get out of /x/ and let the serious people gather to answer OP. Nobody wants your religious bullshit and threats here.
>>
>>17727038
mad cause you already fucked up huh?
the undead can't rest
>>
>>17727025
dude, it's a translation, so technically, it doesn't have any value
>>
>>17727045
says the same thing in the Bible..
You cannot drink from the cup of devils and from the cup of the Lord.
You purchase magic at the expense of your own soul, your afterlife.
>>
>>17727025
too bad the qur'an is full of shit, please fuck off
>>
>>17727057
Then what's the difference between magic, science, and common-sense deductive power, theologically speaking ?
>>
>>17727080
idk, sounds like an essay question that doesn't have a real answer
>>
OP here.

I don't really mind Qur'Anon's input. It's simply commentary on a possible consequence of practicing witchcraft.

But I still would like to hear what practitioners have to say about it.
>>
>>17727092
hey OP, don't mind the magic shills
it's just what you become once your soul is whored out
you become a puppet controlled by the devil
"13 These are of one mind, and they will give their power and authority to the beast. " - The Revelation 17:13
they have no free will and are often just dead bodies, corpses
they are the devils, the lizards
>>
>>17727089
Then I'll make it more straightforward: why would magic be bad (assuming it exists, which is actually quite a stretch of the imagination), since it would only be using nature's ressource, just like science.
For instance,if you find out that saying some formula allows you to fire fireballs, why would it be intrinsically bad ?
>>
>>17727101
Says the guy with a book purported to be of supernatural origin
>>
>>17727105
ask Young Thug desu
he sold his soul for ice powers then froze his dick off
>>
>>17727004
>Anyone here actively practice witchcraft

Yes, mostly neurotic tumblr roasties aka Wiccans. I wouldn't raise my hopes too high.
>>
>>17727117
What is this supposed to mean ?
>>
I'll recmmend you to read a fucking lot, Aliester Crowley wrote really awesome and powerfull shit, also read about some tool of divination ( Tarot, pendulum etc) and read Carlos Castaneda's books, (shamanism) and for wicca read Cunningham works, thats tje basics.
Im from México, every tradicional family had a tale about "nahuales", " amarres", "se me subió el muerto" "mal de ojo" or something with schamanistic magic. I practice magic with herbs, im México its rlly popular "peyote" or another drugs, i tryed Salvia Divonorum, drug used by natives to contact their deitys.
>>
>>17727152
Exactly what it says on the tin, probably. I just don't know who Young Thug is, but he gets name dropped a lot here.
>>
>>17727152
just a metaphor, letting you know that you don't know what you're fucking with and you're going to send your soul to hell and probably ruin this temporary life you have as well
>>
>>17727025
Go shit in a street somewhere you sordid dirt merchant.
>>
>>17727167
PS, God made those green herbs for you
>>
File: 67f.jpg (45KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
67f.jpg
45KB, 499x499px
>>17727175
Yes but it doesn't make any sense within the discussion.

OP, if you want real magic, don't do >>17727167 's ludicrous mexican memeherb magic.
Get a chemistry degree. It does much more thing.
>>
>>17727117
..w. wut..?
>>
>>17727167
>Magic with herbs.
I do this too.. its called smoking weed.
>>
Hey OP go to wizardforums it's a great place for beginners where you won't be spammed to death by abrahamic nuts and skeptics. There are a vast amount of threads that could help you out.
>>
>>17727025
I thought you weren't supposed to translate the Quran
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 268x188px
can i get a curse here? pls? just for the next 3 games. i beg you anything a small spell whatever
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tVpR60fXqU&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>17727950
You can safely ignore Qur'an posts. They're only put there by time travelers who didn't get the memo.
>>
File: hopniss.jpg (654KB, 1366x1055px) Image search: [Google]
hopniss.jpg
654KB, 1366x1055px
Here's what you need to know.

God is female because boys don't get periods.

Water is female too
So is earth

Air and fire are male, and bisexual with each other.

Wicca is a sex cult.

Uh, magic is all around you and stuff.
Common garden weeds are literally God incarnate.

Seriously learn what lives near you, and start from there.

The tools of a real witch are as follows

A sturdy mortar and pestle
a caldron/cooking pot
Dildos
Witchy herbs

If you read it with true conviction, this post will take you far.
>>
File: satanicwitches1.jpg (1MB, 1771x1419px) Image search: [Google]
satanicwitches1.jpg
1MB, 1771x1419px
Bump.
>>
>>17727004

I've done it.

I've had 100% success on spells that would just be a matter of changing someone's attitude or altering a bodily function (make a person kinder. Increase fertility and sexual arousal).

It's dangerous to mess with the state of someone's mind, though. I stopped doing it a couple years ago after ruining someone's marriage by making a person more outgoing and spending more time away from their family.
>>
>>17727950

You can, but the original text must be present as well. It's why english krillins are only english on one side of the book and arab on the other.
>>
>>17727004
I've done some sigil magic, that's about it.

No results yet
>>
Ive practiced magick for 15 years. Just start doing it. Experience is the best teacher. Dont wait start now.
>>
>>17727133
Unfortunately this is true.

However, not always. Hope OP can find what they're looking for

>>17727004

Basically it's not casting fireballs out of your hands or anything, but you probably knew that. It seems "invisible," but you can see the difference you can make.. also, if you haven't already you should get aqquainted with your inner energy. I don't mean chakras or any of that other stuff.. I don't know how much of it's true anyway.

You know that feeling you get when you sense danger or something bad's gonna happen? The way it seems to come from your chest/stomach area almost.. if you try to 'look' there.. more like a feeling though.. you'll find it. This is the energy you'll be using.

Google and find out how to use runes. Basically just draw them out with your intent.. (if someone says you need to chant or whatever they're full of shit) practice with this by using Laguz to help you sleep or something, you'll figure it out.
(Yes, the runes related to Odin are what I'm talking about. They hold power)
>>
>>17730493

I hate people that obsess over invocations.

Their original purpose was only ever to explain to a congregation what was happening and what you were doing. Some of them were just to help you remember what to do.
>>
>>17730523
>>17730523
Yep.. you could also do evocations and speak to them..

I'd prefer that method of communication to be honest. And you may be thinking of divinations.. they seem to obsess over tarot as well..

Ah, well, in this day and age it's hard to stop the spread of misinformation
>>
>>17730463
I've done it and got positive results each time. I don't know if it's just my subconscious working it out, if it's real, or if it's coincidence every time but I don't really care as long as it works
>>
>>17727004
Thread is about witchcraft and its books,
Next poster is a muslim speaking of the quran.

Seems about right. That thing is the book of the devil.
>>
>>17727025
Contacted the authorities
>>
>>17729900
Any way to find out if it's done to me? I've had a lot of weird events happen to me as of late. That and I've been doing shit that I normally wouldn't be doing and know I shouldn't be doing.
>>
>>17727025
>here's a warning from the Qur'an

Who gives a fuck?! The Quran is an even bigger shitstain on human spirituality than the fucking Bible!
>>
>>17727616

Wizardforums is full of dilettantes and asswipes.
>>
>>17731397

Not unless you're roughly aware of how it would have been done.

Just bathe in saltwater. Generally clears anything.
>>
File: children of cain.jpg (54KB, 449x598px) Image search: [Google]
children of cain.jpg
54KB, 449x598px
>>17727004

Here are a good series of exercises and skills you'll need to master to get you started. This is from a Traditional Witchcraft author and not Wiccan bullshit either.

http://dokkvitki.tumblr.com/post/35946513986
>>
>>17731676
>Not unless you're roughly aware of how it would have been done.

If I do?
>>
>>17731311
>implying that witchcraft is the devil
>implying the devil exists
>>
>>17731633
Agreed, and they both destroyed a lot of spirituality
>>
>>17731698

Then repeat the spell, but ask to be freed from it instead.
>>
Are men who practice witchcraft called "Warlocks" or are they just called Witches too?
>>
>>17731977
They're called faggots. Witchcraft is for girls.
>>
>>17731988
Cool.

I hope witchcraft isn't real so you don't get raped by ethereal dicks tonight
>>
>>17731977
they're called witches too because they're usually faggots like Tom Brady/Young Thug
>>
>>17731977

Some go by Warlocks, others go by just Wicca or Wiccan.

Then you get the really flamboyant ones that go by priest or shaman. At least shaman is a pagan term, I guess.
>>
>>17727004
Magic in all its forms from bullshit to the actual hidden reality of it uses power gifted by demons, hiding as nature spirits of some type, for the sole purpose of damning your soul. Don't do it.
>>
File: 1310678689317.jpg (44KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
1310678689317.jpg
44KB, 446x400px
>>17732055
>he believes in magic
>>
>>17732055

>evil demons that can condemn you for eternity

The god of Abraham truly is worthless.
>>
>>17727004
I'm sure you've had plenty of advice from people here, but as someone who's been practicing for about 6 years now, I would recommend checking out traditional witchcraft.

By "Traditional witchcraft" I'm not referring to Wicca, as it tends to be a little watered down. Try Robert Cochrane, Nigel Jackson, Gemma Gary and other strains of witchcraft not affected by the white-light new-age bullshit.

Also, get yourself a copy of "The Devil's Forest" by Robin Artisson. You won't regret it.
>>
File: hank.jpg (10KB, 250x183px) Image search: [Google]
hank.jpg
10KB, 250x183px
christfag and m00slimfag are all like.....
>magik is bad mmmkay... you dont want be the devils bitch mmmkay....

Paganfag: >do it anon you'll be kewl and be able to summon and fuck demonic concubines n shit tho...
>>
>>17732461

Hilarious right?
>>
>>17732461

Pagans are more like
>just do it. You'll be happy you did.

Pagans don't believe in demons. Just spirits and deities.
>>
File: trivial.gif (2MB, 210x118px) Image search: [Google]
trivial.gif
2MB, 210x118px
>>17732055
The actual hidden reality of life is available to us, and for the sake of "wholesomeness" you demand that we do not pry?

You already know about this sin, you live it whenever you speak.
SO come on, explore , don't be a puss.
Ye know jesus is coming back someday.
>>
OP here once again. I have a few questions and replies.

1. I think I know the answer to this, but for the sake of asking: Does witchcraft require the assistance of a deity, or can it come from within? I'm atheist but open-minded.

2. How do sigils work? Is it just channeling your energy into a symbol, then releasing it by burning/ripping/etc.? Could any symbol work in theory, or is there a meaning behind them?

>>17732256

How can I tell the difference between "traditional witchcraft" and Wicca? I think Wicca is probably BS and would like to avoid that if I can.

>>17729900

Do you mind describing what you did? How many years of experience do you have?

>>17732055

Which religion do you identify with?
>>
>>17734647

Can come from within for self based things. If it involves another as the focus you need a close connection with that person. A bond through love is equally as strong as a bond of hate.

I've never messed with sigils. If I use a pentacle, I keep incense on it. Just light the incense when the energies are focused on it to release it. Don't use a candle, or the energy gets trapped. I only use the pentacle if I'm requesting aid from the otherworld.

I'm 9900. I have been doing this off and on for 10 years from various fears and concerns of what I was handling. I used tarot cards and began to wonder if I was bringing the people misfortune from my readings instead of simply reading their fates. It was a foolish concern. Other things I have done are fertility spells, persuasion spells (some would call them love spells, but that's not really accurate), and I once used a spell to invigorate a co-worker with energy so that he would burn out, lose sleep, and have poorer performance when the boss shared a shift with him. It's easier to give energy than it is to take it.

Wicca is ridiculous, but look into Druidry. The ideas behind Wiccan spells are not farfetched, but the flambouyancy they add to it is unneccesary and often gets in the way of things. Plus, wiccans shun the idea of using blood as sacrifice in order to keep up appearances. If yoy want to give energy, the best way is to cut it from your own life force.
>>
>>17727025
>>17727049
>>17727057
>>17727089
>>17727117
FUCK YOU TROLL

You are not a true believer, you are just someone who wants to put dirty on true believers, so every time you can you shitpost to bait for responses.

Get fucked.

Signed: An atheist who knows you are shitting.
>>
>selling your soul to the devil
Enjoy eternal damnation for gaining powers in the mundane
>>
>>17734680

Thanks for coming back and sharing, m8. I have a couple more questions, if you don't mind.

When you talk about things like "close connection," hypothetically speaking, does it have to be mutual? Like for instance, you can't curse someone who likes you? Or cast a persuasion spell on someone who doesn't know you?

Do you think that some magic ability must be innate in order to master the craft? i.e., would I be screwed when it comes to advanced spells if I didn't come from a line of witches/warlocks?

I'm reading about Druidry right now on various websites. I can dig it, but I don't really see where witchcraft comes into play in it. It seems more like a philosophy than a craft. But it makes sense to apply the philosophy to the craft, as witchcraft seems inherently based in nature and the universe. I don't know if I'm ready to plunge headfirst into paganism, though. Would that make things difficult for me?
>>
>>17735469

It took me a few years before I was really ready to embrace paganism. I have celtic ancestors, so I don't know if it plahed a role in my spells or not. I would imagine with the right dedication they would still work. You can curse loved ones and vice versa. As long as there is a connection, then you are fine. However. The magic is only as strong as the connection. If the other person doesn't even acknowledge that you exist, then your spell won't even hit them.

Honestly, as long as you at least somewhat believe in what you are doing, and channel energy like a young child playing pretend (it really helps to begin alone, because you will most definitely feel awkward and foolish trying to do something other adults would call bizarre) you will see success.

I also advise researching any deity you call to work with if you decide to. Some are fickle and will give you a monkey paw effect to toy with you. Others may just dislike you for the way you live or your lack of devotion. Start without deity until you feel ready.
>>
Bump, im interested, keep the post going.
>>
I've used magic on and off for the last twenty years.
In the last several years, it's something I really only do a couple-few times a year, as various needs arise. I had a friend who needed a place to live, for example, so I had a candle going on that.
I would remark that there are a lot of very different magical traditions/systems out there, ranging from decorously ceremonial, to very religious, to more kitchen witch/hedge witch types of systems. Most people tend to be drawn to one specific type or another, but there are people who mix things up, too. I'm very pragmatic about it and will use anything from any system as long as it works. My preferred style of work is candle magic with a heavy flavoring of hoodoo.
>>
File: IsIs.jpg (277KB, 1215x717px) Image search: [Google]
IsIs.jpg
277KB, 1215x717px
What if I told you, Catholic Christianity was hiding the truth right in front of you?
>>
>>17737731
I'd probably treat you exactly like every other anonymous poster on the internet. Like a faggot
>>
File: FB_IMG_1454062076163.jpg (46KB, 487x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1454062076163.jpg
46KB, 487x720px
Bumping for interest
>>
>>17729900
I'm looking to guide a loved one away from a relationship is very destructive for her. The guy looks over her every move, tells her whom she can and can't talk to, and is forcing her to move out of state with him away from her support group. From her parents, friends, and family. So he'll keep her isolated.

I've been practicing magic. Things like communication spells. But anything else, I've asked for help for people who are also in the know and have been told that it's either not worth my problems, or it's against their 'code'.

So I am looking around the net, scrounging for information to brake these two up for good.
>>
plot twist it's
>>17737757 gf
>>
>>17737757
It's worth looking into hoodoo for spells that will do that for you. Google "hoodoo break up" (note the spelling.) Whether you decide to go down that road or not, good luck both to you and the loved one who is lucky enough to have you looking out for her.
>>
>>17727167
>17727167

If you want to find the Truth, I recommend reading the Kabylion by the Three Initiates; while not apparently written by the original Thrice Great Hermes it contains the lost wisdom of the ancients. Even Iasaic Newton found the Wisdom of the Thrice Greatest Hermes illuminating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-96ZM9vl_w
>>
>>17727004
Hoodoofag here. It's perfectly safe so long as you don't fuck with the wrong person. We also believe in a sort of karma. Read up and see if it's right for you, I'd say
>>
>>17728975
Notice how anything that's satanic has to make their god's female, like that wicca or whatever it is has three "goddesses" which is a bastardization of the holy trinity which is male orientated
>>
>>17727057
Depends on your denomination. The Catholic church recognizes and accepts Voodoo
>>
>>17737795
thank you for making it clear that neither judaism or islam are satanic <3
>>
>>17737811
They're still bastardizations none the less
>>
>>17737835
no they're not. they worship the one God. Satanists also recognize the masculine as the sole ultimate power.
>>
>>17737799
Ehhhh, more or less. The Haitian Vodou has been more incorporated into Haitian Catholic liturgy lately, but I'm pretty sure Louisiana Voodoo is still a no-go as far as the Vatican's concerned.

Though it's kinda hard to say what is and isn't *really* Haitian Catholic, as most followers of Vodou consider themselves good Catholics.
>>
>>17737775
Seconded. There's a lot of good material on hoodoo that's easily accessible via google. I personally think of Cat Yronwode's articles as being pretty well-researched, though she does advertise her own products in them. But that's not exactly contra the historical way hoodoo has been practiced.

But I'm also a white dude from California, what the fuck do I know. My closest connection with that stuff is that my family is all Baptist southerners.
>>
>>17737845
The one God Jesus Christ? No, Also Satan is depicted as hermaphroditic.
>>
>>17737786
>while not apparently written by the original Thrice Great Hermes it contains the lost wisdom of the ancients. Even Iasaic Newton found the Wis
just started reading and am pretty stunned, any other books you would reccomend? this one seems short
>>
>>17737934
sorry for the spelling im fucking tired
>>
>>17737912
Jews and Muslims don't think Jesus is God, but that doesn't mean they don't worship God.
>satan is depicted as hermaphroditic
In a couple old illustrations, yes, but not in most of them. Satan is very nearly always depicted as male. There's a reason for that. Judas was male, too, and that's not a coincidence.
>>
All I can say is, stay...the fuck...away from any form of low magic, any black magic that involves some satanic ritual or a demon....white magic is a practice as well and im sure that wont get your ass blasted to hell (if such a place e/x/ists) I mean if you dont mind burning forever then its not a problem but it doesnt sound very appealing in my opinion
>>
>>17737786
>not written by the original Thrice Great Hermes

You got that part right.
>>
i just want to say i agree with God being a female.

because how else could you be omnipotent and incompetent at the same time
>>
>>17737957
hell is a fairy tale told to frighten adult children in order to keep them in line, so don't worry about it - it isn't any more real than Narnia.
I do, however, agree about staying away from black magic, simply because what goes around comes around, and you don't want anyone using that shit on -you.-
>>
>>17737795
>Implying it isn't the other way aroud
>>
>>17737757

Try a spell that grants her wisdom so that she can willfully leave him.

>>17737795

The triple goddess has relics that date back further than relics from the time of Yahweh. We know that they existed before christianity, and we know that the holy trinity was a conversion tool.
>>
>>17727189

I'm actually interested in this kind of stuff. How can I properly begin?
>>
>>17737934
If you're OP (and even if you're not, I guess), the first thing you should know about pretty much any form of occult/esoteric/whatever practice is that just like with mainstream religions, everybody's got an opinion. Even within the same movement, there are usually vast differences of thought and even factional rifts. Perhaps even more so with occult practices than with mainstream religions, because there generally aren't governing bodies trying to force the thing all into one mold.

Basically, know that whatever you find, there's probably someone out there who is convinced it's bullshit. Don't worry about that. Find something that makes sense to you.

As an example, that Kybalion that you've been reading. It doesn't have much of anything to do with the historical ideas of Hermes Trismegistus.
>>17737960
isn't wrong about that.

However, don't be put off by that. Maybe it's the same stuff from a more modern mindset. Maybe they were able to even refine Hermes' ideas. Or maybe it's bullshit. Keep reading and form your own opinions. Go with what makes sense to you, not just on a logical, but also an intuitive level as well.
>>
>>17738936
Chemistry or Latino folk magic traditions?

For the latter, check out the wikis on things like Santeria and Palo. Also look into traditions like novena candles, and figures venerated in Latino folk Catholicism, like Santa Muerte and Jesus Malverde.

It might also be worth exploring some other South American syncretisms that were likewise touched by African religious practices, such as Haitian Vodou (or the related, but distinct Dominican and Cuban forms), or even Louisiana Voodoo or American hoodoo/rootwork (the last one's my personal favorite).

I don't know much about these traditions, these are just things I've heard mentioned which would be a starting place. In most of these traditions, you're going to want to find an actual practitioner to learn from if you want to get serious, but there should be enough info on the internet to get you started.

For chemistry, go to college.
>>
>>17737934
>>17739638 cont.

If you get more into it and find it feels hokey, it seems you definitely at least dig the "feel" (I'd call it more "flavor") of Hermeticism. I'd take a look at that, and other classic texts in the Western esoteric tradition (which is what I believe is meant by "traditional witchcraft"). Guys like Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa (wrote about the synthesis of natural and demonic magic and Christianity) and John Dee, books like the Lesser Key of Solomon (classic text on demon summoning), and The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage.

Unfortunately, those are all pretty damn long and come with a LOT of old-timey language and ideas. These guys were pretty much all philosophers and scientists (or at least, the equivalent of the day). Plus a lot of it is written with the trappings of alchemy and/or Freemasonry, so there's an assumption that you're familiar with those symbols. It can be hard to find that useful for your own practice, but it's real cool information to have.

For a more modern take that's still very classic but brings a lot of threads together, check out A. E. Waite's Book of Ceremonial Magic. It's still long, but it's like a mega-grimoire. Waite was a member of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn (like Aleister Crowley) and developed (along with the underappreciated Pamela Colman Smith, who was a badass) the classic Rider-Waite-Smith Tarot deck everyone knows.
>>
>>17739742
I think it was just your wording, but just to be clear, Ocha, haitian vodou, louisiana voodoo, hoodoo rootwork, palo and santeria are not south american syncretic systems touched by african, they are in fact african systems, touched by south american, american, or other cultures.

I think you already understood this, I just wanted to be clear that all of these practices originate within the african diaspora.

Also regarding your advice to find a practitioner before getting involved, that is good advice since most of these faiths are initiatory. You can practice and you can even go a long way, but to call yourself a Palo, or a santero or a vodouisant and have it mean something, the initiatory process is required.

Also more in regards to the topic of the thread, there is zero reason not to practice both "ludicrous memeherb" magic, AND chemistry, they are not mutually exclusive disciplines and focus on entirely separate portions of reality and life.
>>
>>17734647
>How can I tell the difference between "traditional witchcraft" and Wicca?

Like I said, I think "traditional witchcraft" tends to mean the European ceremonial magic tradition, which is Judeo-Christian in basis. Often it has to do with communicating with or summoning angels or demons. Though there is also an aspect of so-called "natural magic" which has to do with releasing the innate (spiritual) power of natural things like rocks and roots. I'm sure I'm messing that description up, but it's not my specialty.

Wicca, on the other hand, is a form of neo-paganism. As such, it's more connected to nature and there is a distinct Celtic/Druidic bent, but it is a distinct religion from Druidism. Also, there are other neo-paganisms or pagan revival traditions extant today beside Wicca.

>I think Wicca is probably BS and would like to avoid that if I can.

Yeah, YMMV, but I tend to agree. I've never met a Wiccan who wasn't a total faggot (it doesn't help that they shit up this board with self-important, ascended master type posts all the time). And it has too much of the infighting of established religions, without having enough of a cohesive belief system to hold it together.

But like I said, there are other pagan/neo-pagan communities out there today. Asatru is one, though they seem to be more about brewing mead and playing with swords than they are about doing magic or venerating the old gods. I'm not super into paganism, so you're on your own in finding others, but they're out there.
>>
>>17739794
Oh yeah, you're definitely right that they originated with the African diaspora. I just used "touched" to indicate that there was a relationship there without implying that the original African (Congo, Fon, Ewe or what have you) traditions were in some way "superior" or more "genuine" or "true."

Which tends to happen in these threads, because everyone thinks their belief system is "right," and there's often this idea that the older or more "pure" the belief, the more legitimate it is.

And that's how we get asshats who say they're gonna wage wizardwar over the internet.

>Also more in regards to the topic of the thread, there is zero reason not to practice both "ludicrous memeherb" magic, AND chemistry
Fucking seconded. I'm an engineer, but I'm also looking into pursuing an apprenticeship in rootwork.
>>
>>17739872
oh yeah, I figured you understood that, I just wanted to state it for those who dont have any background in the diaspora.

It is, I feel, fairly well understood throughout all of the diaspora faiths that no one is "better" or "correct" in their particular faith. Considering that all of these practices are de-centralized anyway, they can have different practices even one block away from eachother depending on the individual santero/mambo/whoever and not have to argue about who is correct or "better". This is inherent to this particular constellation of belief systems and what attracted me to them in the first place.

Regarding the "older is better" delusion, the diaspora has done away with that as well by being a constantly shifting thing which adapts and changes as information and society change, which I find beautiful as well.

The diaspora faiths, in my opinion, are the most robust, dynamic, and open religious practices on earth. And if you WANT to fight the "mines older so its better" argument, the west african faiths they descend from, if we take homo naledi into account, ARE in fact probably the oldest extant religions on the planet, even to the point they are probably older than modern humans themselves.

>I'm an engineer, but I'm also looking into pursuing an apprenticeship in rootwork.
If you can see the separation, but parallel nature in reality this clearly already, you will do fine as a rootworker.
>>
OP here once again. Thanks for all these contributions to the thread, y'all.

Don't have the time right now, but I'll be back with some more questions/comments/whatever the fuck else I can think of.

Seriously, you guys are pretty cool.
>>
I'm wondering, are there any references that would help, I'm thinking of doing something that involves fertility and pregnancy
>>
>>17734647
Deity is within, like all your experiences.
So even if you are bowing down to a statue, it's only to activate basic (childish) parts of your mind.
But those childish parts are powerful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD9og3ylAzg
>>
>>17727054
Most underrated response to the islamifag's post
>>
>>17739794
>>17739819
>>17739872
>>17739763
>>17739742

>>17739939
Yeah all these guys are saying is 'Witchcraft' is elementalism.
Just because you can float your boat in the waters doesn't mean you shouldn't swim.
>>
>>17740465
>'Witchcraft' is elementalism.
that's a gross oversimplification of what has been stated in this thread.
>>
>>17739899
Oh wow, that is beautiful. I never thought of it that way before. Kind of always considered the traditions individually, never really thought of them as that sort of, like, continuum. I don't have any real personal experience with practitioners, everything I know is from books. But that makes a lot of sense in retrospect, and kind of makes sense of my own attraction to it.

If you don't mind me asking, do you have African heritage yourself, or is this something you found on your own?

And thanks anon, it's real nice to get some validation in that path, especially from someone who really seems to know a thing or two.

Man, sometimes 4chan's anonymity ain't awesome. I really want to talk to you more about this stuff but I don't want to derail the thread into talking exclusively about diaspora faiths.
>>
>>17737795
m8 Wicca's holy trinity doesn't work like that. The God, Goddess, and Spirit are each part of the holy trinity for us. There's only one goddess, but she is often represented as three to show the aging process. First a maiden, then a mother, and then a crone. It's like this because a person is first born as a child, and then (if female) gets pregnant, and then grows old and by the time they die the child is now a mother and so on and so forth. Some traditions also represent the God in the same way.

In a partially unrelated note, God as the Abrahamic religions know him was originally referred to as the Elohim, which essentially means the God AND Goddess. So hermaphroditism can be found even in the roots of Judaism.
>>
>>17740475
Only if you aren't a Magi ^.^

Witchcraft is rather lame for my tastes. The 'high' you get from any sensory is way better than what you can appropriate artificially or even mechanically.

Then again this is also a lifestyle thread, Wicca, not 'witchcraft', yeah I saw.

Just some elementals. ^.6
>>
>>17727025
>look at replies
>it's all edgy fedoras
What has /x/ become ._.
This is like an old pasta that people post in every single withchraft thread like wtf niggers
>>
>>17727101
I really like this. Just recently let Jesus back in my life and heart. I must say I'm alot happier. Things are going much better.. I still can come here to browse, little changed. I just tell people I love them more. And I love Jesus..
>>
>>17740497
Elohim is the plural of El
It means the gods.

They referred to all gods as Elohim, even the ones they didn't like, not just Yahweh. God is a germanic/gothic word.

If you really want to link hermaphroditism to Judism I think there might be some obscure legends about Adam and Eve/Lilith being created joined at the back. But then again I'd expect this to be some obscure heresy.
>>
>>17741460
Me ->>>17740514

These muppets aren't ready for God calculus.

Newton wasn't even emo.
>>
>>17740497

Not entirely true on the Triple Goddess. Some goddesses like The Morrigan, were three sisters of drastically different ages. They showed the process of aging, but they all had their distinct differences.
>>
not "witchcraft" per se, but I do practice various types of magick from dreamstride to enochian.
>>
>>17737795
You knw that satan literally means anything that you find antagonizing.

So, like, pokemon is satanic and stuff.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 400x400px
>>
>>17741582
Try harder with the edgeposting. Maybe one day I'll google something you mentioned.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.