[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a skeptical amateur ghost hunter anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 23

File: images.jpg (9KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 183x275px
Background:

>Don't ghost hunt that often anymore
>doesntpaythebills.jpg
>Used to ghost hunt all the time in college
>Used audio recorder and camera
>Would frequent supposed haunted locations
>One location in particular will stick with me forever

...Aaaand go!
>>
Got any video of the one that stuck with you?? Still a skeptical ghost hunter ..must not be the evidence you were looking for?? Explain ,who,what,where,when,why???greentext if you must
>>
Fuck off, this isn't reddit.
>>
>>17722471
Never got any video evidence, got some photographs on an old phone I don't have anymore, nothing really impressive. Just a few blurry pics that could've been dust or something. Only two pics that creeped me out was that of what appeared to be a white, translucent German shepherd's head floating above a chair in a house I once lived in. The place, itself, was super creepy. Can greentext some stories of it, if desired.

I heard and saw some things that would make most people believers. However, just because I heard or have seen things, doesn't necessarily make them valid, and could be chalked up to pareidolia or sleeplessness. However, in the house I would hear a woman's voice, sometimes crying, sometimes laughing, and I'd hear footsteps and things move. Three people have died on the property, which has been in my family since the house was new.

I did, in college, get some really cool evidence of a female scream which I didn't hear with my own ears and didn't react to, but only heard it when I played back the tape. I don't know where that tape is anymore, as that was years ago.
>>
>>17722506
>skeptical ghost hunter
>carelessly "loses" all "evidence"

GTFO and never return you lowlife RPing scum
>>
>>17722519
It's not like that, it was just something I did for fun. Been thinking of doing it again and actually documenting shit. There was a place south of St. Paul that was really creepy, where I recorded the voice and other weird shit happened.
>>
>>17722519
>>17722525
I made this thread to tell my stories and answer questions, not to provide any hard evidence one way or another. Just to share and exchange experiences.
>>
>>17722413
I am a skeptic shaman who does cleansings and blessings and who has seen some unexplainable shit, so I know where you are coming from.
>>
>>17722529
Story time! Let's hear what you got.
>>
>>17722529
>I am a skeptic shaman
kekkling
>>
>>17722537
Okay, which one do you want to hear? I have three good stories.
>hellhounds in the graveyard
>house with dripping ooze
>thing that absorbs light
Will type them all eventually, but before dinner I have time for one
>>
>>17722568
Didn't see you. Yes, a skeptic shaman. I attribute the benefits from the rituals I'm doing to a placebo effect. And I tell people to clean up their houses, it improves the living conditions ofthe residents, which in turn improves their overall wellbeing
>>
>>17722572
Gimme dat black hole story.

And, in turn, I offer some of my stories:
>Phantom scream/sightings of a translucent man/followed by "phantom truck" at supposedly haunted island
>My experience living in a haunted house for 2 years
>My experience with a possible demon

Again, I'm a skeptic. I don't pretend to know everything that happened. I can only give a firsthand account as to what happened, as well as a corroborating story about the island.
>>
Are ghosts real?
>>
>>17722605
No idea. Based on my own experiences, they might exist. I've seen some things I'd classify as being ghosts, or at least "paranormal." I've seen apparitions.
>>
>>17722586
once again, kekkling

good on you for helping those in need though
>>
>>17722603
>>17722572
samefag
>>
>>17722617
Not even. I'm not spiritual/religious.
>>
>>17722603
Welp, since nobody has made a request, I'll post my favorite. This is my account, and some dumb bitch's account, of the wonders that is Grey Cloud Island.

>Be me, age 19
>lovesghosthunters.jpg, let's do that
>visit Shadowlands for some possible locations, most entries look like they were written by 8 year old autists
>go to some locations anyway, because fuckitwhynot
>see location called "Grey Cloud Island" and read more about it
>seems stupid
>check out anyway

The first time I went to the island, I went by myself. It's just south of the Mpls/St. Paul metro area, and is accessible by car, as there's a bridge that leads to it.

Other times, I went with my roommates and some friends from college to drive around for the spoops.

>First time going, I instantly get a creepy feeling upon entering the clearing and seeing the bridge that goes to the island
>feelsdarkman.png
>Don't really see anything, just has a really weird vibe.
>Driving along a road when I get followed, closely, by a white truck, which vanishes when I get back to the bridge
>didn't matter where I turned, how fast or how slow I was going, white truck's gonna truck and followed me around
>whateverman.mp4

The next time I went there....
>With two roommates from college, Ben, a tech dude, and Cody, a stoner- both pretty chill
>Driving along the roads again at night, Cody, Ben and I see a red orb cross the road
>It's the middle of nowhere, there's only a couple houses and a cemetery on that road
>Slow down to where it was, see nothing, but get goosebumps
>keep driving around, and every so often we'd see shadows. I'd attribute it to animals, such as deer, just doing their own thing in the woods

These two stories are pretty bland, but it picks up...
>>
>>17722617
Nope, I enjoy my tripfaggotry too much to be anonymous again.
>>17722603
Okay, here goes the story of the slobbering mass that bends and absorbs light.
A few years ago, I went out for a walk around town with a friend of mine. We were getting close to the woods that surround most of it. We saw a dog on our way, something my friend saw as an omen. He believes that when he sees stray dogs, bad shit will happen. Usually they do, but hey, I think they are coincidences.
So we were getting close to the woods, with a couple hundred meters to go to them, when all of a sudden, a blob rolled up the road just in front of the woods and everything started getting darker. It wasn't black, it was a lack of light and color so dark that my eyes started to hurt.
My friend lost his shit at that point and just dropped to his knees and started whimpering. I shrugged and told him and the blob I wanted to continue through and so I did. Through total darkness, I went closer and closer to the blob, my friend screaming for me. Then, as fast as it came, the darkness left. Weird.
>>
>>17722666
con't...

>Go to island again with friend from college, Josh.
>Driving along the same road as orb
>Josh freaks out
>OHGODDAMMITSTOPTHECARHOLYFUCKINGSHIT
>Says he saw some dude standing by the gate to a house
>putmybrakesonflipitandreverseit
>I see nothing, neither does he
>I ask what the dude looked like
>Said he was wearing a red flannel jacket, an orange hat, and was holding a shotgun
>thought it could've been the garbage can near the gate, but he said no
>keep driving in the area slowly
>being the no fucks given asshole I am, I provoke the supposed spirit by taunting him, calling him "flannel boy" and saying he isn't tough shit
>Josh says OHHHHFUCKISEEHIMAGAIN
>wut
>I look in the rearview mirror
>backseatpassenger.jpg
>jump and slam on brakes again (my poor car)
>look back again, nobody there
As we were driving home, we were followed by a white truck for about a mile or two until we reached the bridge to get back to the main land.

There were numerous instances with the white truck. However, there was another time when I saw a different vehicle...

>Driving along the island again
>OhheylookI'mbeingfollowedagain.webm
>I've decided I've had enough of the being followed bullshit
>pull over
>other car pulls over
>I play the waiting game
>solid two minutes go by
>other car pulls forward and leaves
>I tail him
>seehowyoulikeit.jpg
>car starts going pretty fast, as do I
>we're doing about 50-60 down a gravel road
>all of a sudden some fog appears, but this road is a straight shot at that point
>taillights vanish
>What the hell?
>I drive around trying to find that car, looking in the ditch, thinking maybe he went off road.
>nowheretobefound

The time I caught the scream on tape was actually a pretty uneventful night. Same eerie vibes from the island, just no sightings or noises until I listened to the tape and heard a blood-curdling scream. I didn't react to it, as I only heard it on the tape. The final and most intriguing story from the island will follow...
>>
>>17722706
con't... Final story of the island

>be dating 3/10 girl, I didn't have high self esteem
>girl was nice, but lived kind of far away, near my hometown
>her friend wanted to hook up with me
>her friend was autistic as fuck and would sometimes use my gf's phone to text me that she wanted me
>after weeks of annoying me about wanting to hook up, I said "fine"
>I give her an address, the address of the road where I saw the orb, recorded the scream, and where me and my friends saw the guy in flannel
>lol out loud as I sent her on a wild goose chase to a haunted island
>hours go by, and I'm just in my college apartment, eating Ramen, watching YouTube and doing poor people shit
>GF calls me
>anon, what did you do to my friend?
>lolwut? Nothing. She wanted to hook up so I sent her a fake address. Dumb bitch doesn't need to know where I live
>GF says her friend went to her aunt and uncle's place nearby after being scared shitless

Keep in mind, I didn't tell my girlfriend I did ghost hunting for fun, so she had no idea about any of this shit.

>I ask her why her friend was scared
>GF says her friend saw things
>What things?
>GF forwards me the texts
>Basically says she got to the place where I said I'd be and she saw a man wearing a red flannel jacket, an orange hunting cap, holding a shotgun and smoking a cigarette
>thismeanssomething.jpg
>Say, "So? It's a rural area. Dude was probably going hunting."
>inside I was laughing my ass off, as I knew, internally, she had seen flannel boy
>GF forwards me more texts from her friend, saying that the man was in her backseat every so often, or in the middle of the road behind her.
>says the guy would just appear and followed her even after she was off the island
>epic lolz were had by me, but nobody else

Needless to say, I didn't hear from her stupid ass again. And I broke up with gf about a couple months after that as she was a slut (ended up cheating on me) and not even an attractive one.
>>
>>17722688
I'm rarely on here, and usually only post in /vr/ so I'm typically anon

The blob story sounds weird, I've never seen or heard anything like that, other than an actual black hole in space. Did you do any research as to what it may have been? Any folklore surrounding it?
>>
>>17722749
I love /vr/, easily one of my top 5 boards.
As for the weird blob, it's just that. Weird. Can't explain it, never heard of anything like it. But it has something to do with my friend since he is a weirdness magnet.
>>
>>17722780
I actually visit that more than /b/ these days. It's just full of gore threads and overused memes. But yeah, usually I visit /vr/ and post. I'll lurk on /x/, and sometimes lurk and post on /mu/ and /v/.

So have you seen that blob after that? Or had any inclination it followed you or your friend?

Also, do you have any weird experiences doing blessings? I'm non-religious, but when I was religious, I did my own blessing of the haunted house I lived in. It worked. Not really sure how to explain it. Could be a higher power, could've been the serious tone of my voice. Either way, shit picked up when I did it, and then it went quiet and stayed that way.
>>
File: 1463325668773.png (472KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463325668773.png
472KB, 540x720px
>>17722413
>Are there any ''nice'' ghost that sense your fear and try to hide from you to spare you confrontation?
>Are there any ghost that fear YOU from trying to find them so they hide?
>Are most ghost or spirits you find have a tendency to portray themselves as special through certain actions or motion or do they just ''free' and don't cling to anything particular
>>
>>17722807
>do they just ''free'

Meant to ask - are they just ''free''
>>
>>17722807
I'm going to answer this under the assumption that ghosts are real. Again, I've seen apparitions and have experienced things I cannot explain. These could be ghosts, these could be pareidolia and hallucinations. However, with the frequency in which they happened in the particular areas in which I've experienced them, I'm going to just assume, for the sake of argument, that the things happening were the result of ghosts.

>Are there any ''nice'' ghost that sense your fear and try to hide from you to spare you confrontation?
I don't really fear much, I'd just get creeped out a bit. The house I lived in right after college I assumed was haunted. I didn't necessarily assume it before I moved in, only assumed afterwards. Though, it would sometimes give off a creepy vibe when I stayed the night as a kid. It wasn't due to the settling of the wood or anything like that, I realize old houses make noise, but I'd hear footsteps, laughter, crying, and things of the like. At least two people died on the property, and perhaps a third (I can't remember if my great aunt's sister died there, too, or if she was in a nursing home). Either way, when I moved in, I got a sense that I wasn't alone, but it was a calming, reassuring sense. It felt like my great aunt, whom I hadn't seen since she passed away when I was almost three. I have vague memories of her. But I remember her personality and it felt like her. Her ghost would usually be out of the way, but offering a calming presence and would sometimes laugh, and pull little pranks. However, she wasn't the only one at the house. The other spirits, possibly her sister who died before I was born, and a gardener who died on the property years ago, weren't nearly as friendly.
>Are there any ghost that fear YOU from trying to find them so they hide?
Possibly. At the haunted house I lived at, most activity took place in a single room upstairs.

con't...
>>
>>17722807
con't...

>Are most ghost or spirits you find have a tendency to portray themselves as special through certain actions or motion or do they just ''free' and don't cling to anything particular

This is a tough question. I think ghosts may do a little of both. I think some ghosts may be creatures of habit, sticking to or doing some thing over and over again. For example, the guy in flannel at the island I'd go to was usually in the same place, by a gate across the street from the rural cemetery, however, he followed my girlfriend's friend, and he followed me once on the island, appearing in the back seat of my car. So it seems as if he's drawn to that area, but has the ability to go where he wants and interacts with things. In the haunted house I lived in, they seemed more free, as the noises wouldn't happen at one particular moment. It was always something new. It could be the gardener looking in through the windows at night or early in the morning, it could be footsteps coming from upstairs, it really varied. I remember one time I left my tape recorder running to catch audio evidence of the house's haunting. I started it up, said a quick intro, let it run, and the last thing that you heard was my car leaving outside, followed by a click, a few moments of silence, another click, and the sound of me unlocking the front door and walking up the stairs, followed by my reaction of "Hmmm..."

I was weirded out because it was a 90 minute tape that was still recording even though I had been gone for 3-4 hours.
>>
File: 1457268036918.jpg (40KB, 542x542px) Image search: [Google]
1457268036918.jpg
40KB, 542x542px
>>17722854
>>17722866
Thanks for the read my man
>>
>>17722794
No more blob after that incident. Other than the explanation that my friend is a weirdness magnet, I have no idea.
Weird stuff doing blessings? Other than weird people and weird stuff I've seen in their bedrioms, no. I once saw a dragon dildo on a dresser. Didn't ask into it.
As for the blessings, it's mostly te positive thoughts that are associated to the ritual that do the trick, mostly. And as I've said, I tell people to clean their place up because it's good for them. Maybe there is some higher power, but I don't care about it. If it helps it helps.
>>
File: 1407378454477.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1407378454477.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
>>17722871
No problemo doggo. Hope it helped or at least amused you
>>
>>17722881
Well, I'm a bit of a weirdness magnet, so I can relate. At the job I currently do (which is inventory- I just keep to myself and count shit) I'll always have really weird people come up to me and try to initiate conversation. Don't know why, I'm just a weirdness magnet.

As far as a belief in a higher power, I'm kind of the same. I don't personally believe, but if others do and it helps, more power to them. Again, I don't ghost hunt much these days, but I've always been skeptical of places I went and things like that. I'd always try to reason things away. But there are some things I've experienced that I just can't explain. I don't like to label it as ghosts or paranormal, I only do so for the sake of argument and to make the stories a bit more simplified.
>>
>>17722897
I've been to ghost hunts just to act as a voice of reason. I could always explain shit that happened, other than the three occurrences I stated in >>17722572 , but they could always be written off as mass hysteria.
>>
>>17722918
I'd usually lead ghost hunts. Skeptical, but open-minded. If I'm in an old house and hear a couple thuds or creaks, I'd usually just assume it was the house settling. Small things like that, just keeping a clear head, make a big difference during an investigation.
>>
>>17722949
How would you explain inner walls of a house oozing some kind of translucent goo?
>>
File: antiscorpq.jpg (3KB, 95x124px) Image search: [Google]
antiscorpq.jpg
3KB, 95x124px
>>17722959
Mold.

You are talking about some biofilm in any case.

I do not mean to derogate, I am just filling in a fact.

Sometimes people summon ghosts to extort the living. Have you ever worked with or heard of anything like that?
>>
>>17722959
Could be some type of mold or fungus. Could've been something in the walls reacting to an outside force like a change of humidity. Did the house contain anything like asbestos or maybe even wallpaper? Those things in the right condition might turn gooey. I'm not certain.

The house I lived in contained a lot of black mold in the basement, which can sometimes, apparently, cause hallucinations. That's a big reason as to why I don't always call my experiences there "paranormal." Just could've been from that.
>>
>>17722966
>Mold.
Nah, it wasn't there when we came. It just started oozing all of a sudden. And there can't be so much mold to form that stuff in an occupied house. But yeah, couldn't know that since I dodn't give you the info.
Yeah, I've heard stuff like that. Most of the time the very sentence "I've put a curse on you" can have devastating effects on someone. Doesn't mean that that stuff isn't real, it can just be explained away as accentuating the negative.
And I've seen with my own eyes how the power of suggestion made a curse backfire on the caster.
>>
File: antiscorp.jpg (30KB, 333x435px) Image search: [Google]
antiscorp.jpg
30KB, 333x435px
>>17722986
Could you provide any estimate of the amount of ooze? Details like color, or surface area of the affected zone would also be appreciated.

I need to know what you mean by 'occupied house', and 'there when we came'. That sounds like there may have been a sudden environmental change in the concentration of carbon dioxide.

>Most of the time the very sentence "I've put a curse on you" can have devastating effects on someone. Doesn't mean that that stuff isn't real, it can just be explained away as accentuating the negative.
And I've seen with my own eyes how the power of suggestion made a curse backfire on the caster.

I do not refer to contests of psyching out opponents. I mean the synthesis of apparitions and hauntings. Those are dangerous procedures used to cause harm. I would like to know your protocol for remediating that kind of situation.
>>
>>17722986
That is odd. And the ooze was coming from everywhere? Awww skeet skeet!

The weirdest thing that's ever happened to me, in terms of possibly paranormal things, was I'd feel this dark energy at my parents' house when I was a teen. The place was built on an old cattle pasture, and I ended up helping with a lot of the rock removal and landscaping. At night, I'd just feel as if something inhuman were lurking around outside and sometimes in the house, specifically in the halls and the rec room above the garage where I'd watch TV. I'd get this dark energy and these inner visions.

I remember texting my friend about it once, and she said what I described sounded like what scared her horses where she and her family used to live. As this text convo was happening, I felt the dark presence surround me and I got the visions from its perspective. I described her house, where she lived, the color of the house, and the inside, and described how her family moved out in a hurry. I didn't know any of this. I had no idea where she had previously lived and we didn't meet until we were both in high school. It freaked her out and it gave me some validation that what I had been experiencing might not have been my imagination.
>>
>>17723019
I wish I went to Hebrew school so I could read your pic lol. What is that of anyway? Something about a dybbuk, perhaps? I'm only speculating, as this is /x/, and am only familiar with the Hebraic word for God.
>>
File: adamanteus.jpg (410KB, 1280x914px) Image search: [Google]
adamanteus.jpg
410KB, 1280x914px
>>17723026
Was there a smell associated with this phenomenon?
>>
File: 1280px-Morphoanaxibiapetias.jpg (203KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Morphoanaxibiapetias.jpg
203KB, 1280x960px
>>17723040
Instructions for avoiding scorpions are written in that image.

Sorcery begat biophysics.
>>
>>17723019
The ammount would be roughly 3cm along 3 walls that are 2,5 meters tall, one was about 4 meters long and the other two 3 meters. The ooze was like snot in terms of color and viscosity.
By occupied house I mean a house with people living in it, a family of five to be precise. And when we (the party of 4 people that came to investigate) came into the house, there was no ooze coming out of the wall.
As for the second part of your post, I have yet to see a ghost that is a ghost and that can't be explained by normal means.
>>
>>17723049
Not that I recall. I know that the smell of sulfur would usually mean demonic activity. But I can't remember any smell, as this was like 10 years ago.

I remember what it looked like, though. It would reveal itself to me by flash images in my mind, and would sometimes show me things it was seeing, like my friends. I saw it only once at my parents place since moving out. I'm still affected by it, a little. Not in terms of being fed images or anything like that, anymore. But just sick things like laughing at things that should terrify most people. It definitely gave me the advantage during ghost hunts lol.

>>17723058
That's interesting. I've always found Hebrew to be a rather lovely looking language.
>>
File: Mucus.png (2MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Mucus.png
2MB, 1024x1024px
>>17723064
Thanks for the quantification.
That is not impossible for a slime mold, but the timing is an important factor you may want to mention. Snot has a range of color from brown to white, so I have to ask you to specify.

Also, did the ooze prompt you to investigate?

Was the family present when you arrived?

>As for the second part of your post, I have yet to see a ghost that is a ghost and that can't be explained by normal means.

Once you can see something, you can explain it by physical means; but estimating chemistry is the valuable part. I take your response to mean that you have no procedures for dealing with the problems I have described. Know that there are certain traditions which offer remedies.
>>
File: archangelGabrielBinAndalus.jpg (32KB, 250x335px) Image search: [Google]
archangelGabrielBinAndalus.jpg
32KB, 250x335px
>>17723078
Sulfur has a sour smell that can indicate natural gas leakage or the presence of anaerobic bacteria. Either can cause hallucinations; but I was asking about odors, to be more specific.

Did the place have a musty odor?
Did the old cow pasture have a particular scent?

Please tell me about the imagery and trauma you experienced.

Hebrew has some mathematical basis in the aesthetic quality, and I recommend Stan Tenen as a source if you would like to know more about that.
>>
>>17723120
The "haunted" house I lived in after college had a musty smell due to the black mold which, again, could cause hallucinations. I'm a bit more relaxed when I think about that.

My parents place, where I encountered the really weird, maybe demonic, shit was actually a new house that they had built. No smell to it, or the area, other than the occasional smell of a skunk in the yard, or manure from my neighbors yard, as they kept a lot of horses. It was out in the middle of the country on a dead end road. I'm not sure who owned the land before it, it may have at one point just been an extension of whoever used to own our neighbors land. It was definitely a cattle pasture, as there were tons of rocks in the yard. I had the pleasure of digging up most of them by hand, and the bigger ones that wouldn't budge, my dad took care of with an old tractor.

The weird shit started almost right after we had moved in. I would just get these weird feelings, especially at night. At first, I just assumed it was me getting used to a new place. But often times I'd feel disoriented at night in one particular location near the entrance of the basement. Not sure why, it could have something to do with the way the wiring was. Things started to escalate. It got so bad, especially with the feeling of being disoriented, that I asked my parents if they had experienced anything like that. They said no. We had been living at the house for at least a good year before I asked them about it, as I didn't want to come off as childish to them. I was 15 at the time.

I was always big into shows and stuff about the paranormal, though I only watched for entertainment purposes, as most of those shows could be easily faked. Initially I thought maybe watching those shows was causing those eerie feelings when I was upstairs in the rec room. But that wasn't the case, as I could be watching wrestling or Family Guy and still experience the same feelings.

con't...
>>
File: AvianMagnetoreception.jpg (458KB, 800x1049px) Image search: [Google]
AvianMagnetoreception.jpg
458KB, 800x1049px
>>17723149
How often did you smell the manure?
Did you ever suffer from any sort of injury while digging the rocks out of your yard?

Anything as insignificant as a stubbed finger, sprain, abrasion, or bruise would be relevant.

Eat some calf liver if you want to build your strength against vertigo. Saag is another good food for that, but any biological source of iron will help.

Please continue.
>>
>>17723120
con't...

The feelings of darkness would always come at night, though, not necessarily at the same time. It started as just an eerie feeling. But then I'd sense something in the room, like a physical presence. It got colder. I was able to sense it and go near it and it felt cold and evil. I've never "felt" anything evil before that. Normally it would follow me in the halls, but would avoid the light. Naturally, I'd turn on the lights when I'd need to use the restroom or get something to drink, and as soon as I'd turn them off, I'd dart into my room. I'd always have the TV on in my room to watch VHS movies or late night TV like Craig Ferguson, as I didn't have satellite in my room. I never had to do that before, but I did it to just have some sort of light, blaring through my room that it wouldn't bother me. Though, I'd hear it stir outside, grunting like a large pig and rustling leaves. It would look up at me in my room, biding its time.

Throughout the day, things weren't as bad, though I'd occasionally be flooded by whatever it was it was looking at. Sometimes it was the outside of the school I went to. Sometimes it was just randomly out in the woods either in my yard or in that general area. Sometimes it was watching my friends from another school ride the bus home. Normally during school hours I was so preoccupied that I was able to shut it out, but I'd still get it.

The instance that I mentioned in an above comment with my friend and the thing that spooked her horses was easily the most unnerving thing.

But, bit by bit, it would show me things about itself, that it had been around for thousands of years, mainly in the same area. It had horns, was very tall, about 7 feet or so. Had broad shoulders, it was all black with black fur, its eyes even blacker, it had a wide face, walked on all fours, yet could stand in a bipedal position and had claws. It often disguised itself as a man, pale skin, wearing all black western clothes and had a toothy grin.
>>
>>17723163
I'd smell the manure almost daily. The strength of it depended on which way the wind was blowing. Our neighbors had about a dozen horses or so.

I never got really injured. I'd get a sore back after a while. A few bruises and scratches here and there from digging up the rocks and sometimes not wearing gloves. Just little things like that. I mean, I'd get the occasional unexplained bruise and scratch, as well. I still get those from time to time, but I always chalked that up to either the cat scratching me, or work, as I've almost always done jobs that require some form of manual labor.

I don't recall ever having vertigo, ever feeling disoriented, only in that one part of the house. Its never happened anywhere else.
>>
>>17723105
Fuck, fuck, fuck my phone.
>3 people were there at the time
>7pm, spring or summer
>parents and one kid
>it formed in one room, cant remember whose
>the kind of snot you have when you get a cold, light greenish
>started flowing? down the walls for maybe half a minute
>dissapered after I tried to touch it
>made a blessing and told them to let more light and air inside the house and to clean up, as always
>everything was okay

Sorry, my phone fucked up, tried to type everything, so I just gave you higlights now.
>>
File: Hand.png (542KB, 693x1072px) Image search: [Google]
Hand.png
542KB, 693x1072px
>>17723168
There are some native american accounts of similar creatures.

Were you east or west of the Rockies?

When did you see it in disguise?

What shape were the horns?

What did it show you in particular?

Please continue.
>>
>>17723233
East. I live in Minnesota. At the time, I was living just south of Mille Lacs Lake.

The horns were like that of a ram, not quite but that's the most similar. They kind of curled down and the tips pointed up.

I saw it only once in disguise at the place where my friend used to live, where her horses were spooked. I was driving by, this was about a couple weeks after she and I had that conversation. I felt as though I needed to go there, just for some confirmation that the place the creature showed me in my mind existed, and it did, in exact detail as the images I received.

The things it would show me were almost nonsensical, like an episode of Seinfeld. Most of it didn't seem to have a rhyme or reason. Maybe it was trying to tell me it was real and it was watching and it knew who my friends are and where they always were. It was sinister, would have an evil smile about it. He showed me what his human form looked like before I saw it in person, via mental images. Puzzle pieces, if you will. I'd get an image of his eye, a vibrant reddish yellow as a human, but still as black as could be. Rather difficult to explain. I think they just became more black when trying to strike fear into something. His human form wasn't very tall, kind of average, around 6' or so. Pale skin, looked kind of aged. Wore a black western style hat, a grayish dress shirt, a black bolo tie, a black vest, black boots, black pants that looked either corduroy or pinstriped, and a black duster. No facial hair, though if I recall I think he had some type of combed back hair, though, I can't remember all the specifics. I just remember his attire and face. He'd show me things from before people roamed the land, there were more like him. He showed me when natives first showed up, mind you, he didn't give a timeline, just sporadic, yet vivid images of things he saw, whether it was a still flash of an image, or a good several seconds of moving footage.
>>
File: NASA_Earth_America_2010.jpg (235KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
NASA_Earth_America_2010.jpg
235KB, 1024x1024px
>>17723182
Certain species of lichen can accomplish this feat.

In what climate region of the world were you?

What kind of blessing did you make?

Good advice, ventilation should have helped.
>>
File: Underwater_panther_NMAI_GGH.jpg (196KB, 383x360px) Image search: [Google]
Underwater_panther_NMAI_GGH.jpg
196KB, 383x360px
>>17723316
Thanks for being specific about the location

Did it look like this picture?

Any further detail about his communication would be appreciated. I would like to know what he said about natives showing up.

Did you have a dog at the time?
Did the appearances coincide with any malfunction in your electronics?
>>
>>17723367
No, that looks like a scrawny chupacabra or something lol. It looked more like a bear or an ape, in terms of physical presence. But with horns and claws, and its face was almost human, very wide. It actually looked a bit like Thing from Fantastic 4, only covered in black fur, had sharp teeth, black eyes, and reddish-yellow irises that weren't always visible. If you want another similar picture, Google "Valus Shadow of Colossus," and you'll get a very similar build and posture of the beast.

It never said a word, not even in its human form. It would just give an evil smile. I remember gunning it in my car when I saw it at that house. He was just standing outside near where the horses stable, watching me. That house has sat empty since my friend moved out. The windows were all dusty, one broken, and one or two boarded up.

As for the Natives, it just showed me its world, in the area it lived, which is where my parents built the house. It was just heavily forested, and some prairie land as well. There were more of them, and they'd just do their own thing and mind their business. They'd kill animals for food. Not with tools or anything, just rip them apart and eat them. They tried to remain hidden when Natives showed up. I never was able to piece together why that was. They don't care for humans. They'd watch us. There aren't as many of them anymore, at least not in that area. But he's there, still. I still occasionally get an eerie feeling at night when I stay at my parents' house. That may be due to the memories of that thing, or it could be that he's still there. Last I saw of it, I was maybe 22 or 23. It would still torment me in college, when I moved away. However, after that, not so much.

I had a dog at the time, it was a lazy cocker spaniel. The appearances didn't really coincide with anything, it just seemed random. There were instances where the power would go out and it would show up in my room. Normally that wouldn't happen, as I'd have my TV on.
>>
>>17723367
>>17723453

Actually, Quadratus from Shadow of the Colossus looks more like it than Valus.
>>
File: Agawa_Rock,_panel_VIII.jpg (668KB, 1280x993px) Image search: [Google]
Agawa_Rock,_panel_VIII.jpg
668KB, 1280x993px
>>17723453
>No, that looks like a scrawny chupacabra or something lol. It looked more like a bear or an ape, in terms of physical presence. But with horns and claws, and its face was almost human, very wide. It actually looked a bit like Thing from Fantastic 4, only covered in black fur, had sharp teeth, black eyes, and reddish-yellow irises that weren't always visible. If you want another similar picture, Google "Valus Shadow of Colossus," and you'll get a very similar build and posture of the beast.

By my reckoning, shadow of the Colossus and the mishibijiw arre allometrically related. They do not have the exact same shape, but different drawings are only associated by the apparently same anatomical parts.

How did they remain hidden from native americans?

There is a common motif in Native American folklore that fits your description, the image can serve as a reference.

If you still get an eerie feeling often enough to be a detriment, then I can prescribe some help.

Get a new dog, preferably a puppy, and treat it with the utmost care and love.

Learn more about Judaism, particularly as it relates to the book of genesis. If you learn prayers from that context then you should feel stronger.

I am not surprised by the power outage event you described, could you please tell me more about that?

Pic related looks more like Quadratus.
>>
>>17723570
I'm not sure how they remained hidden. To me, it seemed like they'd stick to shadowy areas. At least that's what it gave off, as it ran from any light source. I was actually rather interested in Judaism during my time in college, and when I blessed the haunted house I lived in, I invoked the names El Shaddai, HaShem, I Am, God, Yeshua, Jesus, Allah, and YHWH (pronouncing it several different ways), and after that it was quiet. These are two unrelated instances, though. One dealt with spirits of the deceased (the haunted house) the other dealt with something sinister and inhuman.

Ancient religion has always interested me. Particularly Mesopotamian mythology and apocrypha (particularly the Books of Enoch) as the Watchers in the books of Enoch and in Genesis, as well as the Annunaki in Sumerian texts kind of tell the same story. I don't believe in any personal deity, that's not to say that the universe wasn't created. I just don't like to hold to a belief until convinced by evidence. I used to be very religious, but not so much anymore. Too many inconsistencies not only between the NT and OT, but also in the Torah itself when it comes to the nature of God and whether or not he can hate or be seen. It's a book written by flawed men. Maybe there's something to it, maybe not.

That picture looks a bit closer, though, I'm sure if those are spikes or fur. I don't really recall spikes, but then again, I didn't really see the backside of it clearly. It stood in a bipedal manner, though, as if human, but also kind of crouched.

con't...
>>
>>17723667
con't...

There were a few instances where the power would go off and it would be in my room. It was rare. But I remember one time very vividly. It was about 1 am. There was a huge thud and what sounded like a grunting pig outside, only the grunts were much deeper, almost like a lion's roar. I may have been the only one to hear the grunt, but everyone in the house heard the thud. I awoke in my bed to see it in my room. I bolted out of there and my sisters bolted out of there respected rooms. My parents thought we were being robbed. We were all downstairs, and I was waiting for it to show itself again. At the same time, my mom said she saw a bear outside near a tree, but it ran away quickly. I'm fairly certain it wasn't a bear. We've had bears in our yard before, but that showing up right when I saw whatever it was standing there in my room? That's either a perfectly-timed coincidence or she saw whatever it was that was bothering me. I never told my family what I saw and what I went through. I've only told a handful of very close friends. I lead a normal life, have normal interests, and try to leave it in the past. But it still affects me to this day.
>>
>>17723570
I find it interesting that the mishibijw is pretty similar to what I'm describing. I've never heard of the creature before, and I lived in the area of the Mille Lacs band of Ojibwe.
>>
File: animikiig.jpg (5KB, 260x173px) Image search: [Google]
animikiig.jpg
5KB, 260x173px
>>17723667
Photosensitivity is consistent with native descriptions of similar creatures. Being a part of the jewish community is a remedy to your current condition.

Treat the texts as a symbolism, because the source language is not widely spoken and may be commonly misinterpreted. However, there are references to other hominids dying out during that the time period in which those books were written.

The fine details of that picture are not universal, but the general shape is what I am trying to convey. The lake near your home had cultural significance, so you could try asking nearby tribes what they thought of your experience. If that goes well, they can tell you how to avoid danger; or how to appeal using a local name.

> I awoke in my bed to see it in my room.

Where in your room, and how big, was it?

>But it still affects me to this day.

You need the comfort of people nearby who can relate to you in religious terms about your experience.
>>
File: animikii.jpg (5KB, 260x173px) Image search: [Google]
animikii.jpg
5KB, 260x173px
>>17723729
It is esoteric because the creature is associated with dangers in the landscape.

Do not go out looking for one.

I am Andaste/Yazidi from north of the Washington DC metro area; I have seldom dealt with this kind of thing in rural Maryland.
>>
>>17723744
I've actually been reading a bit of philosophy recently, particularly that of Taoism and Stoicism. What are your thoughts on those? I do enjoy some of the Judaic philosophy, as Proverbs is easily my favorite book of the Tanakh. By any account, I'm not a religious man, I don't believe in a personal creator, but I do enjoy books of ancient myths and philosophy. I own and have read several translations of the Bible. I may have to start learning some Hebrew, as I do own a JPS Tanakh.

I should clarify, I don't live in that area, anymore. I'm about an hour away by car. I visit my parents maybe once every other month. I'll go there one month, they'll come here the next. That type of thing. I'm incredibly at peace, more so than I have been in years. I don't worry about anything. The experiences I've had, while negative, have shaped me. I'm a bit detached, I do suffer from depression, although marijuana takes away many of the negative side effects of that. I'm generally happy with my life, and I live rather carefree. However, it's that carefree part which sometimes gets me. I don't do anything dangerous, but I don't really feel much. I consider myself to be empathetic, able to understand people and I try to help in whatever way possible. But, with the same token, when I'm faced with some type of fearful thing (whether it be money problems, health issues, the threats of others, what have you) I laugh and I get really dark, because I've just become detached and numb from most things. I don't think it has a hold of me, I don't think it's still attached to me as it once was, but I think it affected me in that way permanently. It might just be the role of my depression, but it got so much worse once I started seeing that thing.

So you've met people or have an experience with those things? I may contact the tribe to see if anyone has ever experienced it. It's just nice to be able to talk about it.
>>
>>17723744
Oh, I should also clarify, about the power outtage and myself seeing it...

It was around 1 am when I heard that loud thud and the grunting/growling. I woke up incredibly startled and saw it standing in front of my closed closet door in the corner of my room. It was looking down at me in my bed, standing on its two hind legs, kind of crouched. It looked about 7-8' tall.
>>
File: Yazdanimikii.jpg (5KB, 260x173px) Image search: [Google]
Yazdanimikii.jpg
5KB, 260x173px
>>17723809
Taoism is essentially a means of divination by stochastic computation. There is a lot of subtle mathematics in the philosophy. Stoicism teaches self-discipline, and it is good so long as you ignore philosophical cynicism and skepticism. Learning Hebrew is good balance for your eyes, as a reader of English tends to be focused on the rightward side of his or her view. I recommend the Meru foundation if you want a mathematical and philosophical approach to Judaism and Hebrew.

http://meru.org

>I visit my parents maybe once every other month. I'll go there one month, they'll come here the next. That type of thing.

Does it depress you when you visit?

>I'm a bit detached, I do suffer from depression, although marijuana takes away many of the negative side effects of that

You might benefit from an antifungal agent in addition to cannabis. Do you like hot peppers?

Hemp oil might also be good for you. You can make some halwa or cookies with it if you get tired of smoking.

>I'm generally happy with my life, and I live rather carefree. However, it's that carefree part which sometimes gets me. I don't do anything dangerous, but I don't really feel much.

That sounds like you need more sativa and less indica. Try playing an instrument when you ingest herbal medicine.

>But, with the same token, when I'm faced with some type of fearful thing... I've just become detached and numb from most things.

This is why you need the comfort of a community.

>I don't think it has a hold of me... I think it affected me in that way permanently... it got so much worse once I started seeing that thing.

Seeing something scary that most scientists cannot explain does permanently damper your worldview. I have helped people and experienced firsthand. It helps if you ask the tribe about the history of the lake area in general. Native American wisdom can help you elucidate the mysterious aspects, and Judaism can comfort you as part of a community.
>>
File: Yazdandaste.jpg (5KB, 260x173px) Image search: [Google]
Yazdandaste.jpg
5KB, 260x173px
>>17723845

Did the thud come from the floor?
Was there a storm within 72 hours of the power outage, give or take?

That sounds like you were quick-witted in evasion.
>>
>>17723893
I'll have to check that out. I really enjoyed the Tao Te Ching, it's very deep. I've got a couple translations. I haven't read the I Ching yet. I'm loving the Stoic teachings, my favorite thing so far has been On The Nature of Things by Lucretius. It's interesting how the ancients figured out that the universe was essentially made of atoms.

>Does it depress you when you visit?
Nope. I've never been that close to my parents. My mother was loving, my dad was very strict. I didn't get along well with them while growing up, but have gotten closer since moving out for college.

I love hot peppers (I'm actually eating some popcorn with Cholula sauce right now- it's a favorite of mine). I've been meaning to eat more hot things as I'm overweight and a lover of all things pizza lol. I've never tried halwa cookies, actually. I may have to make some. I keep the stems from the bud and chew on them when I don't want to smoke. But I have a vaporizing pen that makes the sessions last longer and bakes the marijuana instead of burning it. It's easily my favorite way to consume it.

>That sounds like you need more sativa and less indica.

lolwut.jpg

I've heard of sativa, I've tried some organic soda made with it once or twice.

>Try playing an instrument when you ingest herbal medicine.

I listen to music when I do. I've attempted to learn guitar. I'm not very good at it. I can jam a little, play a couple chords, nothing impressive.

So were you raised in a Jewish household? I was raised as an evangelical Christian (yeah, one of those types lol), and abandoned that faith when I came across contradictions between Paul's writings and the writings of Jesus and his disciples, as well as contradictions between the Old and New Testaments alike.
>>
>>17723930
The thud was the thing that woke me up. I'm unsure of its origins, exactly. But it sounded like it resonated throughout the entire house at it woke up my sisters, on the upper floor near my room, and parents, who sleep on the main floor. A storm was actually going on as it happened. There was some lightning and thunder, nothing severe, though. It was mainly rain. The sound of thud was definitely different than the sound of thunder. It came from within the house and sounded like something heavy dropping onto the floor, though, I'm not sure if the floor was where the sound originated.
>>
>>17723990
>It's interesting how the ancients figured out that the universe was essentially made of atoms.

It's an ontology because atoms are the name to which they attribute indivisible elements. The concept applies in database programming also.

>I love hot peppers (I'm actually eating some popcorn with Cholula sauce right now- it's a favorite of mine).

I recommend making your own hot sauce from scratch so you can tune it to your specific tastes.

Use legal hemp oil instead of chewing stems, it is better for you. In my opinion, vaporizing is more dangerous than using a clean water pipe. Indica and Sativa are two quasispecies of cannabis. Practice guitar regularly to feel less numb.

I was raised in a secular household. I was orphaned, and my biological parents had enlightened views of organized religion. My biological mother was knowledgable about Native American theism and my biological father was wise with respect to all of the Abrahamic religions, along with Taoism.

Christianity in Egypt has typically been faithful to the original words of Jesus. I agree there is too much contradiction in most of the European tradition. French christianity is extremely reverent towards Jesus, on the other hand.

The sound and weather confirm my suspicions about how the mishibijiw function.
>>
>>17724148

I may try making some from scratch. Cholula is probably my favorite hot sauce. Anything spicy is pretty good. I'm a big fan of garlic, as well.

What I use is called a "vape pen" but it doesn't actually use any water vapors or chemicals. Simply, it's a chamber to put dry herb, and you select a temperature at which to slowly bake the herb. High Times magazine said 400 degrees Fahrenheit is the preferred temp, as it evenly bakes it and tends to last longer while still giving off a wonderful high.

Before I bought the pen, my preferred way of smoking it was the hookah, as I loved the big clouds of smoke. However, you inhale the chemicals of the coal on top of it while smoking it that way. I'd mix it with shisha so it didn't burn the weed so fast.

I was raised in an incredibly religious and right-wing household, and attended a Christian school. I didn't fit in all that well there. But I was able to transfer my senior year.

So when did you meet your biological parents, since you were orphaned? Do you still keep in touch with them?

Also, do you know if the mishibijiw shape shift and use telepathy? Because that's how it would communicate with me, by sending me mental images. If that is truly what the thing was.
>>
File: DuskyDawn.jpg (848KB, 3471x2311px) Image search: [Google]
DuskyDawn.jpg
848KB, 3471x2311px
>>17724235
The heating element and chamber material are not biocompatible in any product I have examined. Glass is superior for that reason.

The sulfur compounds in Hookah coals are the reason why it is not recommended to inhale the smoke.

My biological parents died when I was very young.

Mishibijiw are said to change shape and influence dreams as per native observations.
>>
File: roasted garlic.jpg (50KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
roasted garlic.jpg
50KB, 736x490px
>>17724235
>I may try making some from scratch. Cholula is probably my favorite hot sauce. Anything spicy is pretty good. I'm a big fan of garlic, as well.

You need to make hot sauce from scratch because the xanthan gum is exacerbating your depression, and that negates the antifungal benefit.

I would try this recipe:
https://katroserichards.wordpress.com/2013/01/30/homemade-hot-sauce-similar-to-cholula/

But I would roast whole garlic and use red wine vinegar to boost the effect.
>>
>>17724583
Oh, man, I'm sorry to hear about your parents. My sincerest condolences.

And yeah, I'd use my pipes or bong for smoking, but the smell bugs my roomies, so the pen is the best for that purpose lol.

And alright, well that explains that, then. Dude, you've helped me so much by not only talking to me about the thing I saw, but also identifying it. I never thought in a million years anyone would actually know what I was talking about.

And thanks for the tip on the hot sauce, man. You're prepared for damn near anything lol. I dunno who you are, but you da real MVP. If you're curious about any other weird experiences I've had or just want to bullshit, email me: skepticalleprechaun @yahoo .com
>>
File: waterpanther.jpg (200KB, 1600x950px) Image search: [Google]
waterpanther.jpg
200KB, 1600x950px
>>17724647
>skepticalleprechaun @yahoo .com
Email sent.
>>
>>17723325
>Certain species of lichen can accomplish this feat.
You sure?
>In what climate region of the world were you?
Continental climate, central Europe.
>What kind of blessing did you make?
Positive reinforcement and a sprinkle of holy water.
>Good advice, ventilation should have helped.
Well, more air, light, and a cleaner living area are always good advice.

Sorry for the late reply. Went to sleep.
>>
File: LikenToLichen.jpg (573KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
LikenToLichen.jpg
573KB, 1280x960px
>>17724878
>You sure?
I know for a fact.
>Continental climate, central Europe.
Was this near the alps?
What altitude?
>Positive reinforcement and a sprinkle of holy water.

That is not specific enough for me to comment about it.

>Well, more air, light, and a cleaner living area are always good advice.

You might have encouraged the occupants to improve the environment with a chemical effect that is not insignificant.
>>
>>17724911
>I know for a fact.
Okay.
>Was this near the alps?
About 300 km away.
>What altitude?
Less than 200m above sea level
>That is not specific enough for me to comment about it.
Specific enough after 6, 7 years.
>You might have encouraged the occupants to improve the environment with a chemical effect that is not insignificant.
Yrah, bleach and ammonia can do that.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.