[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else frequently have false awakenings/inceptions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
Does anyone else frequently have false awakenings/inceptions?

I have them almost every time I dream, and it's usually about three dreams within a dream, so 4 in total.
They are almost always negative. Something really weird and bad happens to me, I wake up relived, only to find that the same thing is still happening or something worse is.
And it repeat, over and over, till I wake up.
I find myself in these states where I truly cannot tell if I'm dreaming, even in my waking life.
Sometimes something big will happen, that is reported on the news, and I'll wake up in the morning to google it to see if I'm still dreaming or if it really happened.
I do this same routine when I wake up in the dreams, but it never makes me realize I'm still dreaming.

What does this mean, if anything? And how do I stop it, or use it to my advantage to lucid dream somehow?
>>
can't answer your question but lately i've been having lots of sleep paralysis, i'm really scared about this, and wondering if you can get heart attack or something and die during paralysis? has something like this happened to anyone? i'm really scared
>>
Wow you guys are lucky. I dream once in about 3 to 4 months. Don't know whats wrong with me but meh. At least I sleep easily.
>>
>>17717822
as i've gotten older my dreams have gotten less surreal and fantastic, and have become more realistic. they are usually happy, which makes me sad as i wake up and see the contrast with real life. your situation sounds terrifying.
>>
>>17718591
You dream, just you forget them.
>>
>>17717822
I know exactly what you're talking about.

When I was a kid I used to have a lot of nightmares. Usually about something entering the house and I'll wake myself up from it and straight into sleep paralysis. Fucking scary as hell when you're 6.
I got some advice, either irl or in a dream that I needed to face the thing trying to enter our house.
I did, but instead of chasing the thing away I accepted it into me. Whenever I had a nightmare after that I would search for the thing and accept it and after a while I didn't get nightmares any more. I could also lucidly dream freely after that and change my dream world, but got bored of it after my teens and just let my dreams progress by themselves.
There were still points in my dreams where I got tired of the bullshit and tell the characters in my dreams that it was only a dream, to which they would act fearful and shun me. When I try to show them and change the dream world around me it only makes things worse.
Anyway, along with lucid dreaming came being able to wake up from my dreams at will without sleep paralysis.
Unfortunately a few weeks back is when I experienced what you were going through. I couldn't control my dream at all. I was repeatedly killed and woke up, only to find out I was in another dream and getting violently killed again.
I don't know how many times this happened, but the only way I knew I was finally awake was when I saw my sister in the kitchen as she hadn't been in any of the dreams where I'd been repeatedly killed.
>>
>>17717822
>>17721985

I always dream the same type of dream for the past 6 years.

Its hyper realistic, and each one slighty varies in setting but its essentially the same thing.

Im ususally trying to get from A to B, things get confusing, people seem strange (like from an alternate dimension). There is usually anxiety and a sense of things not working or being dilapidated.
Some settings

>Country area with many houses and main town lot of side roads
>Urban areas , rundown and look pretty ghetto
>Airports that and part mall as well, lots of overlapping concourses
>Universities I have never heard of.
>Labyrinth like industrial properties looking abandoned.

Once in a while off the wall stuff happens like being chased by people or some kind of disaster. Last night I had one where the moon exploded and everything got straight messed up. I also became aware that it kept repeating the same event several times, and i had knowledge of the other repeats but everyone else didn't. That never happended before.

But, mostly just being lost and trying make a deadline. Lots of times involving airports or train stations.

Heard that dreams can be windows into other worlds/dimensions. Any insight?

I always seem to know people and they know me and , I always have my own residence and its always low-class accommodations.
>>
File: 1455259301197.jpg (36KB, 462x579px) Image search: [Google]
1455259301197.jpg
36KB, 462x579px
>>17717822
You take fluoxetine/prozac?
>>
>>17718513
I used to get them allot, at one point I'd get this intense electrocution feeling in my ears like I was being stabbed with electrodes it would really hurt. But I don't ever get sleep paralysis anymore I grew out of it I think.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.