[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Third eye

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: img-thing.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
Whether it be drug induced or through meditation, do you consider the opening of your third eye a higher level of conciousness in which one is more enlightened? or is it meerly a delusion that starts you on the path of insanity?

Opinions, discussion and experiences are all welcome here
>>
>>17712824
>do you consider the opening of your third eye a higher level of conciousness [sic] in which one is more enlightened? or is it meerly [sic] a delusion that starts you on the path of insanity?
What's the difference?
>>
>>17712834
I suppose i would consider a higher level of conciousness to be beneficial to an individual where as insanity would be nothing more than a brain with either broken or inccorect wiring.
>>
>>17712847
So it's literally the same thing but if it's beneficial you consider it higher consciousness and if it's a hindrance or even just neutral you consider it insanity? Aren't certain characteristics beneficial in certain circumstances, while useless or possibly even harmful in others? How do you objectively discriminate between higher consciousness and insanity without allowing outside factors to affect your judgement?
>>
>>17712869

Beneficial in the sense that what a person is experiencing indeed holds some truth with the opposite to that being the hindrance in which what a person experiences is simply a malfunction of their own system and holds no substance to reality.

In this case, insanity would hold no benefit in any situation
>>
>>17712824
The first time I opened my third eye it hurt a little, I tried different objects but couldn't come. I still don't understand why some people seems to like this...
>>
>>17712824
No one could ever go insane from enlightenment though some would like to pretend so.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (257KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
257KB, 1920x1080px
>>17712847
You are so close to understanding you have no idea man. The reality is that there are two core principles at work in the universe, good and evil, God and Satan so on and so forth. Don't try to conceptualize them individually the reality is that nothing is pure in our universe everything is a mixture of these two core principles. What people call their third eye is simply them channeling that initial moment when these two core principles mixed for the first time. Don't be too concerned with visions and spirits and the supernatural, it is the symbolism which matters not the literal meaning.
>>
>>17712924
I did not go insane from enlightenment , but I thought I was enlightened because of insanity (psychosis)
>>
>>17712941
Symbolism is certainly something i can appreciate but sometimes i will be presented with something i could loosley describe as a "flash" vision which appears sometimes to be something i have recently looked/focused on and sometimes they are patterns or a representation of something deeper.

Cognitively speaking i feel i have improved over time however visual activity is also more frequent. I can attribute some of this to meditation but some concern is reserved for the fact that i could also consider my past use with certain substances.
>>
>>17712970
You are experiencing something Divine but you're missing the big picture. You can not have enlightenment unless you contrast it with darkness. The Demiurge gives us the illusion of diversity and complexity, the universe is much more simpler than that. Question everything and when you finally admit there is no objective truth... then you will be enlightened.
>>
>>17712982
Thank you very much.

Its very helpful to receive input like this. Every now and then i can let worrying thoughts get the better of me
>>
>>17713003
Just remember pure happiness and pure suffering don't exist. Everything is somewhere halfway between the 2 extremes. If you're feeling down just know that it will inevitably get better, it always does.
>>
File: awesome smiley4.png (86KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
awesome smiley4.png
86KB, 736x736px
>>17712824
Both. Depends what angle you're looking at. Anyone who goes deep enough will reach this state that you call insanity but you can go even further and come out the other end is what people don't know. Without the proper spiritual guidance who could possibly know you can dive so far in insanity you end up on the other side?
>>
>>17712824
>Whether it be drug induced or through meditation, do you consider the opening of your third eye a higher level of conciousness in which one is more enlightened?

Not really. It's more of a.perceptual thing.
>>
>>17712824
When you say 'third eye' as if it's entirely explicit where and what it is, you'll obviously run into a lot of different replies. Some will rightly say delusion and others rightly heightened consciousness.
The way I understand the third eye is as a metaphor for straight-forward mind; not "buying into" phenomenal reality but rather seeing it as such. In that sense, we're not talking about fixation with ideas or increased IQ or anything even tangible, but of the very cessation of delusion and therefore broadened and deepened awareness.
>>
>>17712982
>when you finally admit there is no objective truth

Let's have some fun throwing good rationale down the garbage chute of /x/! I'm going to show you why it is IMPOSSIBLE to not have an objective truth.
>>
>>17713379
First, we'll start with a question:

Is there an objective truth?

I say yes, you said no. Alright. At this pont, some people might start arguing over proofs and examples and whatnot, but it's MUCH simpler than that. We just step back and ask another question:

Does the question "Is there an objective truth?" have an answer?

Since I answered the 1st question "yes," and you answered "no," and neither of us answered "There's no answer to this question," then we can easily see the answer to the second question from both of us is "Yes."

And THERE is our objective truth. We both agree that the first question can be answered, thus establishing an objective basis upon which to ask the question. And the real delight is that it keeps working.

Say we disagree on the second question. I say "yes, the question about whether there is an objective truth can be answered," and you say "no, that question cannot be answered." Well we can step back again:

Can the question about the question of the existence of objective truth be answered?

And again - we have both already answered the second question, so we must agree that the third question is objectively true.
>>
>>17712869
Why are you even arguing that meditation is on the same level as insanity. That sounds insane in of itself. One is a made of peace and introspection and the other is made of fear, anger, and paranoia. Obviously the same thing.
>>
"3rd eye" stuff is snake oil.
>>
>>17713408
Is that why I feel a warm, relaxing sensation on my forehead when I meditate for long enough?
>>
>>17712824
>do you consider the opening of your third eye a higher level of conciousness in which one is more enlightened? or is it meerly a delusion that starts you on the path of insanity?

Neither. It's a tool for looking at things in other dimensions or for remote viewing. The eye itself doesn't bring anything to you except images.

I've only used it very briefly after opening it, don't know how to activate it by will.

Woke up at night and saw a detailed 3d x-ray of my own body, with energy streams included, glowing in green and yellow. It was more detailed then my normal eyes, I couldn't depict it.

The other time the aim went into something else, and I saw advanced parts of machinery, I believe these are nano-bots that are inside particles, alien technology.
>>
>>17713408
Pretty much.
>>
I have a theory about this kinda thing. Humans' minds are made to register things strictly within the 3rd dimension. We can hypothetically see the 3rd dimension (our dimension) through the window of the 2nd, though, if we close one eye- that is, you lose your depth perception. With both eyes open, we see the 3rd dimension through the window of the 3rd dimension itself. However, if you were to add another eye, it can be theorized that you'd see the 3rd dimension through the window of the 4th dimension, which is duration.

Just my thoughts on the subject.
>>
>>17713398
objective
adjective: objective
1.(of a person or their judgement) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.
Something cannot be objective and true at the same time that is an oxymoron. Truth is purely subjective.
>and you answered "no,"
You're missing the point.
>>
>>17715686
No, you did.

>Truth is purely subjective.

This statement CANNOT be made unless you accept the objective truth that there is an answer to the question.

A subjective statement NECESSITATES objective truth.
>>
>>17712941
Believing in duality alone is the sign of a true unenlightened pleb. Hegelian bullshit that one most grow beyond to see the real scope of possibilities because that is the lowest common denominator of observation
>>
>>17716502
I would go as far as to say that there is an answer to every question and call that objective truth if I wanted. Does it mean anything? Nah. Stop obsessing over details. You might be technically correct, but the statement that truth is purely subjective holds meaning while your thought experiment does not.
>>
>>17712847
what makes you think the rest of the world wants to tolerate your higher consciousness? this world is fucking retarded. you might as well become mad.
>>
Not insane, but beyond sane.

You are still sane, but you are also far more informed of your surroundings than other people.

Just make sure you can learn to close it. I spent the last five years with mine wide open, never blinking, and the depth of existence became more than my mind could physically handle.
>>
>>17717032
What kind of crazy shit did you see brah. I totally know what you are saying! I usually abide in closed off mode cause I imagine if I had the balls to just SEE I would get locked up as a crazy person. I try to keep my awareness under wraps but some people can tell and get pissed cause I perceive more than them. People think Im crazy sometimes and I get responses like this sometimes. What kind of person says this kind of thing "You have no secret knowledge!" WUT?

My own mother after dad caught me meditating and tried to intimidate me, that didn't work so he threatened me. Then I hear my mom saying sarcastically with hate "HE MUST BE THE CHOSEN ONE!"
>>
File: Bronson.jpg (92KB, 602x330px) Image search: [Google]
Bronson.jpg
92KB, 602x330px
>>17716981
They fucking don't! I know! The world is indeed retarded. For real fuck it bring it!
>>
File: DMT-N.Keller.jpg (268KB, 710x886px) Image search: [Google]
DMT-N.Keller.jpg
268KB, 710x886px
>>17717144
Imagine knowing what everyone is thinking in their subconscious mind.

Imagine knowing what their operators are thinking and how they are using them.

Imagine knowing when a single wrong thought sends you plummeting into a parallel reality.

Imagine seeing the infinite layers of the multiverse all at once.

Imagine staring at the absence of existence. Not just empty space or darkness, a state of nothingness that cannot be quantified because there is nothing in it to quantify.

Imagine seeing other parts of yourself chained for all eternity in realms of pain and torment. Imagine feeling that agony.

Imagine being fully conscious of whenever you die in an offshoot reality because of an action or inaction you took in this one.

Imagine getting to connect with your original family in another dimension, but only telepathically.

Imagine being able to make millions of projections of yourself in the astral realms.

Imagine it isn't enough to stop the ever growing nothingness.

Imagine standing in the desolate ruins of worlds that you remembered when they were alive.

Imagine seeing yourself in forms glorious and horrific, powerful and helpless.

Imagine experiencing eons of time during a single day in the physical form.

Imagine being able to look back to existences a million universes ago.

Imagine knowing that you will never cease to exist or be conscious of your existence even long after everything else in every reality ceases to ever be again.

Now realize that everything I just shared was less than 1% of what I have seen.
>>
>>17717275
What was the trick to witnessing this?
>>
>>17717368
When I was five I was taken from my body and placed on a platform towering over an abyss. Surrounding me on distant platforms were colossal statues of ancient gods - Anubis, Shiva, Woden, Ahriman, and one who had no name.

I was forced by their power to subjugate myself to their will before I was allowed to fling myself off the pinnacle. I found myself in my body here.

It's been that way ever since. I don't know what they wanted of me, but it woke me up to my full self.
>>
it is a more complete view of the universe. humans are essentially locked down, and controlled. opening it gives way to knowledge, and from there...responsibility. i wouldn't go back, but man is it a pain in the ass.
>>
>>17717435
Sweet.
>>17717435
>it woke me up to my full self.

What do you know of bliss?
>>
>>17717564
Bliss is the feeling that comes when falling through realities. Plummeting at speeds beyond that of light. It's the warm hum of a thousand realities' energies. Being able to look into forever. Standing at a crossroads in a world made of nothing but crossroads. Feeling the cosmic love of the Source of existence. The sensation of everything being alright. The oldest song since before a trillion universes ago that still reverberates through and influences reality to this day.
>>
>>17716932
>the statement that truth is purely subjective holds meaning while your thought experiment does not.

It really doesn't. Because IF this were true, then it would be false because I don't like it. Your statement negates the very concept of the word truth. Or as the dictionary's example put it:

>Subjective is the opposite of objective, which refers to things that are more clear-cut. That Earth has one moon is objective — it's a fact. Whether the moon is pretty or not is subjective — not everyone will agree. Facts are objective, but opinions are subjective.

But this is moot because you are either too stupid or willfully ignoring my point.

A subjective statement REQUIRES an objective truth as a basis.

YOU CAN NOT HAVE SUBJECTIVE STATEMENTS WITHOUT OBJECTIVE TRUTH.

It is not possible.

For instance:

>the statement that truth is purely subjective holds meaning

This statement is true or false but MEANINGLESS unless you accept that meaning exists. Without the objective truth of meaning, your statement is less than wrong.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.