[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Embracing The Power Of Evil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

This will be a long post so I'll TL;DR the cliff notes at the top:

>has anyone tried living completely for egotistical reasons?
>using shortcuts and connections in purely self-serving ways
>fucking people over and caring about no one but yourself

Lately I've come to wonder if living purely for myself isn't the best possible outcome for my life? I've wrestled with this thought because one part of my mind wants to help people, but the other part doesn't give two shits about other people.

What I;m asking, in a round-about way, is if anyone from /x/ has embraced the dark, egotistical side of themselves in its full capacity? Many religions and occult practices talk about the ego being a major problem in our lives that prevents us from reaching our full potential. But I can't help but find that when following this path, everything feels like such a chore. The way of a Buddhist or a Monk seems so boring and entirely devoid from what I personally want in my life. I want money, power, and so forth to be at the forefront of my existence and I don't think I should fight this inner temptation anymore.

Why fight a part of who I am? I'm not evil in the sense that I want to kill innocent people, rob banks, or punch small children. I mean evil in the sense that everything I do, my relationships, and so forth are completely self serving and for MY benefit alone.

Is this a naive way of thinking, or have any of you embraced this side of yourself in its full capacity? Because I believe, in my naive mind, that even the most seasoned meditation experts and religious leaders still have to fight that primal urge to let lose and let that evil inside of them.

Anyway, maybe I sound edgy or something but that's not my intention at all.
>>
>>17710542
Sure why not, the Chinese already do this and they're not doing too badly
>>
>>17710542
The people who can pull of being asshole are either very attractive, very smart, very rich or a combination of the three.

If you don't have the personal toolset that gets you what you want, you need to interact with people and form mutual bonds that will take you to where you want to go in life.

Positive relationships breed opportunities that may never have presented themselves otherwise.

There is nothing wrong with being focused and apathetic, but being purposely destructive to a groups dynamic is just petty and of no worth.
>>
File: 1463591452501.jpg (144KB, 561x561px) Image search: [Google]
1463591452501.jpg
144KB, 561x561px
>>
>>17710542
Yes I have, and then I turned 17.

But seriously, I have tried and I never felt right. After a few months I went back to being the good person I am. Just remember that it's a lot harder to earn back someone's trust than to lose it, so be careful who you hurt.
>>
>>17710578
>17
>that fucking react image
4chan is for adults only
You need to GIT out
>>
>>17710578
>But seriously, I have tried and I never felt right.

I know that feeling but I always feel it when i try to detach myself from my ego. I know that the ego can never truly be dissolved; it's part of being human. But, for instance, when I tried for roughly a year trying to follow the core beliefs contained within Buddhism, it didn't feel right. Earlier in my childhood I was brought up as a Christian and that never felt right either. I'm 26 now and every time I try to focus on a path that doesn't embrace the more "evil" side of things, it doesn't feel right.

I don't like the feeling of being a servant to others. This isn't to say, however, that I'm constantly using people and fucking people over. It's the sense that every interaction and action I take in my life only feels right if I'm benefiting from it.

I'm not denying that there are people who derive great pleasure and reward from helping others -- I'm not one of them.

>>17710572
> purposely destructive to a groups dynamic is just petty and of no worth

I understand that notion. But in the same regard, my social interactions and bonds that I form are purely self serving. The reason I have a girlfriend, for instance, is because I want a combination of things (sex, interaction, companionship), and if I didn't receive those then I wouldn't hesitate in the slightest to end that bond altogether.

Maybe evil isn't the right word because that often implies hurting other people or doing bad things for no reason whatsoever, whereas I do things in a completely self-serving way. But I don't necessarily feel that's wrong, is it? Isn't everyone fundamentally operating this way in some regard? Why won't they admit it?
>>
>>17710542
I have embraced it. But not to take over completely because everything in this wrold is duality. So I maintain a balance within myself. I embrace the "evil" as much as I embrace the "good".

I would only point out that not all humans are what you think, not everyone has that "evil" side and not everyone wants money and power by default. That is the common misunderstanding simply because people who enjoy non materialistic way of life are not that common and that way of life is not "popular" according to society.
Everything on TV and other media does not promote non-materialism because that opposes the people who do want money and power and they need other people to believe in this so they can get rich using the majority of popualtion.

Basically a great trickery is at hand. Those people that trully want money and power tricked other people to want that too, even tho for some people it is not within them to be like that but they got tricked by media and other ways of our society's propagand to believe that that is the only acceptable and "normal" way of living.
>>
Sounds like you're struggling with your sociopathic nature and morality. Live the logical and righteous life. Idgaf if you're a selfish solipsist, just remember spiritual evolution > earthly pleasure. Or you can stay here and continue giving out lessons to beings that may just use them.
>>
File: Max_stirner.jpg (10KB, 200x237px) Image search: [Google]
Max_stirner.jpg
10KB, 200x237px
Was passiert in diesem Faden?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (168KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
168KB, 1920x1080px
>>17710542
Embrace the Evil or Get Down!
>>
What could be considered more evil? Knowing someone's being hurt, not doing the hurting but also not caring that the person's being hurt.
Or
To hurt someone and care that you're hurting them, but doing it anyway?
>>
Remember God sees all...

There will be an accountinh
>>
File: 1431429725545.jpg (47KB, 450x353px) Image search: [Google]
1431429725545.jpg
47KB, 450x353px
>>17710940
>>
>>17710542
>I mean evil in the sense that everything I do, my relationships, and so forth are completely self serving and for MY benefit alone.
>Is this a naive way of thinking, or have any of you embraced this side of yourself in its full capacity?

To be blunt, doing this with no concern for what others think of you will hurt you. You can't only benefit yourself with any real success.

If you "fuck everyone over" they will all turn against you. That will defeat the purpose of what you do.

Yes I'm totally paranoid about this because hurting someone will cause a negative reaction that will come back to me in some way.

From the very same outset you use, I'm forced to come up with complicated schemes to keep other people happy so they won't cause me trouble. You may refer to it as "bribing" or buying off but you're benefitting others to benefit yourself.

Try it in the dumb way and you'll see how fast you get enemies everywhere.
>>
File: concern.jpg (108KB, 784x708px) Image search: [Google]
concern.jpg
108KB, 784x708px
>western dualism
>think they can comprehend the spectrum of life
>they glorify the surrender to idiocy
>>
Just my two cents, but I see what you're saying and I honestly feel like the best way to achieve your goals is to move past "good" and "evil" (those terms used very loosely, as I'm sure you're aware). If you kind of strip yourself of those notions, I think you'll find the quickest route to getting what you want. Removing those qualifiers seems to reveal the most direct path to getting money, power, influence, etc.,which usually turns out to be some sort of mixture of what most people would call "good" and what they'd call "evil." So, to achieve a certain goal, the most efficient way to do so may be to do the "right" thing. The most efficient way to achieve a different goal may be to do the "wrong" thing. Do you see what I'm saying? I may not be explaining it very well. Of course, to be very successful takes a sort of charisma and finesse to blend these two aspects together to form a coherent kind of identity (it might be suspicious to see someone doing a bunch of morally incongruous things). Like, for me, to be the person I want to be, I have to do mostly "good" things. It's still self serving, but it doesn't really matter because I get closer to what I want, and I'm doing good things for other people. But that's just me personally. I don't really think right and wrong have any sort of objective validity.
>>
>>17710542
Op this anon >>17711908
basically has it.

Read some Nietzsche and figure out that you just need to do what maximizes achieving your goals.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.