[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blackholes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: black-hole-1-455007.jpg (62KB, 590x436px) Image search: [Google]
black-hole-1-455007.jpg
62KB, 590x436px
I want to know, is it possible that we could go into a black hole at some point and it would take us to a different dimension/time/point in space? Please give me your thoughts on this, or even expand on them.
>>
We would die, so we can't know.
>>
>>17710452
It literally crushes over thing that goes into it

There's no way we could ever travel through them
>>
>>17710459
Everything*
>>
i would think

entering a black hole would be like entering a dream

so pitch black can anything exist but your own thoughts?
>>
>>17710459
In theory. We have no evidence that it would actually kill us. It could, in theory, disassemble the matter that we are made of, then reassemble it somewhere else.
>>
>>17710452
>we could go into a black hole

You realize they aren't actually holes, right? A black hole is an object. It's made of matter (sort of). You can fly into one the same way you can fly into a star - and the effect would be basically the same.
>>
>>17710491
>the effect would be basically the same.
I think you mean the end result, and no, we have no way to prove that it would. Yes we can theorize that it would disassemble you and kill you, but how do we really know? Well, we don't. All we can do right now is theorize, so technically, my theory that it could disassemble then reassemble matter in another place still holds.
>>
>>17710463
Well, if you think about it the inside of the Black Hole probably wouldn't be black sense it captures all the light.

It would be bright as fuck if you were still alive.
>>
Right, let me just clear you all up on a few things.

The Event Horizon of a black hole is our limit. We cannot see or travel past this. The matter that is creating the black hole is tiny, probably somewhere near a planck length.

Approaching a black hole you would be crushed, infact, from YOUR viewpoint, it would take an infinity to reach the black hole. The closer you got, the slower time would pass. From an outside perspective however it would appear that you were ripped apart at the horizon and held in the horizon.

If you could withstand the crush and pass the horizon then space would be drawn to the singularity.

Now, in theory, if you entangle 2 large masses of matter and collapse them into blackholes then you have 2 entangled blackholes. You can divide them by any distance, and in theory, emter either end and meet in the middle. But, once you've entered there's no escape.

There's no way out of a blackhole.
>>
>>17710608

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2ksDczJOAs
>>
>>17710540
but we know the reason the black hole functions as it does is that it has so much mass and therefore, gravity. imagine being vegeta on board a ship that had 10000000x gravity instead of 500.
>>
>>17710540
No, I mean effect. If you approach a star with our current tech, the effect would be death by extreme heat, radiation, and gravitational forces. If you approach a black hole with our current tech, the effect would be death by extreme heat, radiation, and gravitational forces.
>>
Have you ever seen a white hole?
>>
There is a scientist called Brian Cox and he talks about this stuff. I don't know what the show is called, butnebdoes it frequently
>>
File: Earth's Schwarzschild radius.jpg (76KB, 1024x714px) Image search: [Google]
Earth's Schwarzschild radius.jpg
76KB, 1024x714px
>>17710608
>The matter that is creating the black hole is tiny, probably somewhere near a planck length.

That depends entirely on the mass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwarzschild_radius

For instance, the mass of Earth compressed enough to be a black hole would be about 9 mm across.
>>
>>17710662
That would be the size of the event horizon. The event horizon can be very small to very big.

Anon is talking about the singularity within the event horizon, which is infinitesimally small.
>>
>>17710679
>The Schwarzschild radius (sometimes historically referred to as the gravitational radius) is the radius of a sphere such that, if all the mass of an object were to be compressed within that sphere, the escape velocity from the surface of the sphere would equal the speed of light.

>The Schwarzschild radius is the limiting maximum radius of a massive object at which the escape velocity reaches its maximum limit (the speed of light, c).

No, it's talking about the size of the mass.
>>
>>17710476
Matter that enters is slowly leaked out as hawking radiation. Nothing is going to come out alive from a black hole.
>>
>>17710540
That's not how science works. You can't just fling shit at a wall and say it holds because there's no physical way to disprove it. A theory must be mathematically sound, provide a full explanation of the subject, and actually align with other theories to actually work.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.