[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What causes nightmares?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: WORST NIGHTMARE.png (3MB, 2036x1668px) Image search: [Google]
WORST NIGHTMARE.png
3MB, 2036x1668px
>>
>>17709521
Your shitty ass sigil on your pictures is laughable
>>
Pineal gland releases DMT.
>>
>>17709521
My worst nightmare happened back in kindergarten. I was about 5 or 6, and i remember waking up several times during the night seeing bright green and red lights shining in my room. When i went over to my parents room and asked them about the lights they said they didn't see anything, so i went back to sleep. The dream itself wasn't scary, but the imagery in it stayed with me until this day. I remember my mother, dressed all in black talking gibberish, when suddenly her face just fell off onto the floor and started bubbling and melting like a frying egg. Can't remember much more than that but i was terrified for days. The weirdest shit happens when you're a kid
>>
>>17709813
>The weirdest shit happens when you're a kid

Can relate to this.

The worst nightmare i ever had was when i was about 8 years old. I remember pretty clearly considering it happened almsot 20 years ago.

>Be me dreaming
>Start walking around the apartment, go to my parents room.
>Se the devil or a demon of some sort (muscular guy, really tall and with huge horns)
>The devil kills my parents in a gory way (cant remember how, but there was blood everywhere)
>He forces me to follow him, he goes room by room killing all my family, brothers, sister, grandma.
>At some point i decide to run, didnt want to use the elevator so i use the stairs, whent down the 13th floors.
>Leave the building, and start running around the city.
>The city is deserted, i feel helpless and think the demon just killed everyone
>Find a group of other children, i think they experienced the same as me and we make a group. Wee keep running
>The sun starts to come up
>I woke up, the sun is also starting to come up
>>
>>17709813
Oh what a coinisidance
Red and green.
I wonder what gave you that idea to put in your made up little fairy tale >:/
>>
>>17709866
Nothing i say can convince you, but what the fuck do i honestly have to gain from lying about a bad dream i had when i was a kid? OP's pic is probably why i remembered it, i can't for sure say what lights i saw but i remember them being red and green.
>>
File: seriously.jpg (20KB, 292x219px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.jpg
20KB, 292x219px
>>17709866

> >:/

Are you familiar with this sites rules little anon? they state that you have to be at least 18 years old to post on this site.
>>
There's something weird about nightmares/dreams, it's more about the feeling than what is actually happening. Things can be abnormal and seem completely fine at the time while completely normal things can be the source of huge discomfort. You can feel in the dream that something is wrong even before it happens.

Anyways, the scariest nightmare I can think of was situated in our familiy's summer cottage. It was dark and I was in the living room, my family was standing around but in a zombie like state not reacting to anything. I explored my surroundings and when I came to the sofa I noticed a pillow that had a face in it. The dream "zoomed" in on the face and it unleashed a loud scream after which I woke up. Really odd dream that I can't explain.
>>
Chemical imbalances in your body, which fuck with your brain which has parts of itself shut down during REM sleep.

Something that specifically fucks with your dreams is eating food that's difficult for the body to digest before going to sleep. It's why greasy pizza and Halloween candy nightmares are a thing.
>>
>>17710047
Shit, I had a screaming one, I ran towards a girls I liked in high school and when I caught her she turned around and her face was deformed. Immediately she let out an extremely loud scream which made me avoid her for a couple of weeks in school.
>>
>>17710047
>There's something weird about nightmares/dreams, it's more about the feeling than what is actually happening. Things can be abnormal and seem completely fine at the time while completely normal things can be the source of huge discomfort. You can feel in the dream that something is wrong even before it happens.

Good point.
It happens with paranormal things.
People can feel comforted by a Sasquatch looking in through their second floor window, or terrified by little grays or black eyed children.
>>
>>17710054
There's a book called 'Get High Now' by people who research altered states.
They tried different kinds of cheese before going to bed as well and said it really worked for influncing their dreams.
>>
File: booklet14.jpg (2MB, 5712x2911px) Image search: [Google]
booklet14.jpg
2MB, 5712x2911px
Do you sense something??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3vNehMoTXA&feature=youtu.be
>>
Fear is stress. Stress causes evolution.

Think. Keep thinking.
>>
I just woke up from a dream where a disease broke out, and it mainly effected birds and turned them into homicidal dive bombers. It wiped out a majority of the Earths population and the remaining were left to rebuild.
And no, I didn't watch The Birds the night before.
Fucking birds
>>
>>17709813
>I remember my mother, dressed all in black talking gibberish, when suddenly her face just fell off onto the floor and started bubbling and melting like a frying egg
Dreams where relatives or close friends just start acting wrong or breaking down are the absolute fucking worse. Monsters you can laugh off once you wake up and the more you think about it the less scary it becomes, but that kind if stuff is far more unsettling.
>>
>>17709521
Nightmares where my teeth fall out and it feels real as fuck. Like inside the dream, you just feel the soft holes in your gums too.
>>
>>17710047
Yeah, I definitely get what you mean.

I had one dream where I was suffocating while wrapped in some kind of film, barely managed to claw myself out which revealed that I was a deformed rotting skeleton with some kind of bone cancer in an apocalyptic landscape. I'm not describing it very well but the imagery was horrifying, like some Zdzislaw BeksiƄski painting. In another dream I walked through a half-flooded pitch-black cave with dead bodies hanging from the ceiling trying to grab at me. Both times I woke up feeling great, like I had just watched a cool movie.

Then I've had other dreams where I hear a slightly unsettling ringing noise or see something unusual out of the corner of my eye and wake up scared for my life and terrified of everything.
>>
I once had the same horrifying wake-up-covered -in-sweat-and-tears-terrified-out-of-your-wits dream two days in a row. Now there were two dreams, the first dream took place at my Oma's home in Florida. She has a screened in pool yard, to get out to the pool there is a glass sliding glass door. In the first dream it was dark out and at night, i was swimming in the pool at night when I got the feeling of wrongness. so i swam to the edge, got out and for some ungodly reason I turned around. there standing on the water was a black haired little girl. My sister. My little sister to be exact, i only realized it was my sister that featured in my dream a day later. but the fact that she was my sister did not register with dream me, no dream me only knew that this little girl was going to kill her and that she needed to run, to get away. So dream me ran and slammed the sliding glass door shut. The little girl teleported(appeared out of fucking nowhere) to the glass door asking me why I wouldn't play with her. she kept on asking me to play, to come out and swim, dream me started screaming at the girl to go away, GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY! She starts banging of the glass and multiple hands not attached to any thing join her banging on the door. It starts to crack and I wake up.
>>
The second one was just disembodied hands reaching for me and and undeniable sense of wrong ness and screaming, lots of yelling and hard to understand screaming.
>>
File: 1452734673050.png (6KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
1452734673050.png
6KB, 320x288px
>>17709866
>>
>>17709521
Worst dream I ever had was when I was about 6-7 years old and I was so hard into scary movies and I would watch scary movies all the time but I was never scared or nothing

Shit finally catches up to me

Nightmares, scared at every little noise etc etc

One nightmare sticks out especially

It takes place in my old trailer (from SC ofc I lived in a trailer) and at first everything is normal but I can tell something is off and I just start getting fucking scared for no reason I can just feel something is gonna happen that something is Wrong and I go find my parents and tell them something is gonna happen but they just laugh it off and I wake up

No it doesn't sound scary but it was so real and scary I thought it was real and that I was about to die
>>
I remember when i was younger,i had a dream where me and my bros were playing some stupid game on our tv, and for some reason my dream focused on the tv, and one of those scary cow skulls flashed on the tv for a brief second and was gone. The dream went back to normal, but i woke up because i was freaking out due to what just happened.
>>
>>17709792
what sigil ?
>>
>>17710663
this
when i was a kid aboit 4 or 5 i dreamt about my mum who had the body of some skinny animal but her head was her own
she hid all my socks behind a closet and kept yelling at me for something but i disnt remember what
>>
>>17709521
probably whatever is going on in my life when I'm awake.
>>
>>17709521
Anyone had a nightmare where you scream but can't make a sound and move? also it is if you're there in your bed experiencing it before you then actually awaken. Can't explain it.
>>
>>17709813
>>17710663
When I was a little kid (like 6YO maybe) I had a dream where I was walking down the street with my mom. I came across a kid's body with the head cut off, and then I noticed some more across the street. Something gave me the idea there were bombs inside the body, then something made me think, and I said it to my mom, "They (whoever killed these people) want us to eat them." Then my mom ran across the street. I don't remember anything else from the dream.

That dream fucked me up so bad. I was sad/scared as shit the next day. I couldn't help but to cry every time I tried to talk, or explain to my parents about it. I think I even had to miss school the next day because it messed up my mind so bad.
I still remember it pretty vividly to this day, but I asked my parents if they remember that scenario a few years ago and they had no idea what I was talking about. Maybe I just dreamed about having that dream messing me up, or maybe just a false memory, or maybe they just don't remember it. Still creeps me out though.
>>
>>17711708
You mean sleep paralysis?
>>
>>17711711
I also seem to remember one dream plaguing me repeatedly, where I was stuck underground and there was something about me having to dig through endless tunnels to try to find something but I was always trapped. I don't remember exactly but, shit, I know it kept me restless.

Even just thinking about all these nightmares is making me feel terrible, like I'm about to experience that kind of fear again. I may need to find a happier thread.
>>
The worst fucking nightmare I've ever had was just me browsing 4chan unable to find a single interesting thread, unable to leave, just scrolling back and forth through the catalog endlessly. Any kind of horror is better than that. Can't I at least be safe from this hell in my sleep?
>>
I always get bad dreams if I read supernatural stuff in bed, until I fall asleep, one time I was the mc character of a Borges story

>>17709813
>suddenly her face just fell off onto the floor and started bubbling and melting like a frying egg
Could work in a Lynch film
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 460x276px
I had my worst nightmare so far just a night ago.
>climbing some ruined building embedded into a snowy mountain in the middle of an abandoned city
>nearly at the top
>strong winds, I can barely make it to the top
>my friend is a bit heavier so I grab her hand and try to swing her over the beam (think of a building that's not yet fully built, kind of like a rusty steel beam)
>only holding on with one of my legs shifted into a small crevice on top while trying to lift my friend up
>wind's getting stronger
>lose my footing and we both fall off the building down into the ashes of the ruined city
>we both die
>start to float over our bloodied skeletons (like a ghost seeing your own dead body right after you died)
>the rest of the dream is a bit blurry but imagine it like in the movie Enter the Void
>float around my body, then around the ruined city and keep floating all the way across the world until I'm watching over my friends and family
>it starts to get morr warped by the end
That's all I can remember and that's why I mentioned that movie because the whole dream sort of plays out like the sequence after Oskar's death.
The weirdest part for me though is that I didn't wake up the moment I died, but kept on dreaming, which is something I've never really experienced.
>>
>>17711815
I forgot to mention that right at the moment I knew we would fall, an unimaginably strong sense of dread came over me. Like an incredible weight pulling down on me. Just like in real life when you know you fucked up real bad. That kind of dread.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.