[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horror movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 29

File: 1430323974484.jpg (55KB, 823x1011px) Image search: [Google]
1430323974484.jpg
55KB, 823x1011px
General horror movie thread. Post your favourites.
My 3 favourites right now are:
>Sinister 1/2
>As Above So Below
>>
Hocus Pocus
>>
>>17706698
The Ring
The Witch
It Follows

>Btw Sinister 1 was awesome, Sinister 2 was shit
>>
https://fsmedia.imgix.net/5f/72/50/40/0f47/4eef/aa8c/51387287fc7f/goat-dancegif.gif?dpr=2&auto=format&q=75
>>
>Lebudspencer&terencehill
>>
>>17706708
It Follows was pretty boring, and the ending was stupid. The atmosphere was pretty good tho.

I'll have to watch The Witch, thx for the suggestion

Why do you think Sinister 2 was shit?
>>
Antichrist
Beyond the Black Rainbow
The Blair Witch Project
The Blair Witch Project 2
The Descent
Drag Me to Hell
The Evil Dead
The Exorcism of Emily Rose
The Innkeepers
Jeepers Creepers
The Last Exorcism
The Last Will and Testament of Rosalind Leigh
Let the Right One In
Nosferatu the Vampyre (German)
Night of the Living Dead
The Ring
The Shining
Signs
Silent Hill
The Sixth Sense
Sleepy Hollow
>>
File: yIkbDr7.jpg (132KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
yIkbDr7.jpg
132KB, 1024x1024px
>>17706698

Rosemary's Baby
The Omen
Le VVitch

>not horror but I really like The Ninth Gate

Always been really interested in depictions/characterizations of the devil.
>>
>>17706708
>>17706725

The Witch had some of the best atmosphere I've seen in a movie in years and some really interesting dialogue if you know a little about Calvinism and what that family would have believed.

I liked the first Sinister also interested whether the second was worth watching?
>>
>>17706754
Sinister 2 was more of the same with a different family and arguably more gruesome murders. It was less entertaining overall in my opinion.
>>
Guys Sinister 2 is terrible. It leaves nothing to the imagination and there's no suspense what so ever. Jump scares and an awful score is the flavour of the day.

Just watch Sinister again and forget the second one even exists. It's so cookie cutter.
>>
>>17706754
>>17706771
>>17706780

I have to admit that Sinister 1 was way better, but compared to other horror movies, i think Sinister 2 is still breddy gud
>>
Don't know if the Saw movies count, since no horror movies actually scare me which I'm mad about since I can't really enjoy them. Only video games scare me because it feels like I'm actually in it.
>>
Classics:
A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
The Exorcist (1973)
Rosemary's Baby (1968)
The Thing (1982)
Hellraiser (1987)
Poltergeist (1982)
Pet Sematary (1989)

You probably haven't seen:
Dominion: Prequel to the Exorcist (2005)
Prince of Darkness (1987)
Phantoms (1998)
Event Horizon (1997)
Vanishing on 7th Street (2010)
The Descent (2005)
>>
>>17706727
>>17706746
>>17707045
My Negroids
>>
dead end (2003)
cube (not really a horror per se but the concept itself is terrifying)
that's all worth watching that is kind of scary. rest is shit.
>>
File: fingers_original.png (298KB, 500x948px) Image search: [Google]
fingers_original.png
298KB, 500x948px
Roger Corman's 'Poe Cycle' is rather patrician:

1.House of Usher (1960) (based on the short story "The Fall of the House of Usher")

2.The Pit and the Pendulum (1961) (based on the short story of the same name)

3.The Premature Burial (1962) (based on the short story of the same name)

4.Tales of Terror (1962) (based on the short stories "Morella", "The Black Cat", "The Cask of Amontillado", and "The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar")

5.The Raven (1963) (based on the poem of the same name)

6.The Haunted Palace (1963) (based on H.P. Lovecraft's novella The Case of Charles Dexter Ward, using the title from Poe's 1839 poem)

7.The Masque of the Red Death (1964) (based on the short story of the same name with another Poe short story, "Hop-Frog", used as a sub-plot.)

8.The Tomb of Ligeia (1965) (based on the short story "Ligeia")

Occasionally, Corman's 1963 film The Terror (produced immediately after The Raven) is recognized as being part of the Corman-Poe cycle, although the film's story and title are not based on any literary work.
>>
File: 3.png (430KB, 825x408px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
430KB, 825x408px
There are many, many others but these will always be my three favorites.
>>
Cannibal Holocaust

Has everything I enjoy in a horror movie. A nice soundtrack to the movie, found footage done right, an interesting setting, and it actually has some well-acted scenes, like the one where the guy was smiling at the impaled woman, but when the cameras started he acted disgusted.

Trick r Treat

My favorite anthology film, and has an instantly likable mascot of Halloween. Every story except the werewolf one entertained me the whole way through and they all tied together perfectly at the end.

The thing

Probably my favorite concept of an alien ever put to film. The idea of something able to look perfectly human but having unnatural mannerisms and suddenly deforming at will is horrifying. I hope a movie like this one and "it follows" gets combined one day.

The vvitch

The atmosphere in this one is perfect. All the woodland animals are perfect in their roles, and they somehow made a rabbit ominous. The witch herself really portrayed a classic witch well, being almost sub human. I feel like not enough people took this movie seriously.
>>
>>17707394
What was wrong with the werewolf story?
>>
>>17707405
Just a little slow in the beginning and middle, but the ending with the transformation scene redeemed it.
>>
Trick r Treat
The Thing
The Descent
>>
>>17707045
uuuhg event horizon so spoopy.
All good picks as well.
>>
>>17706698
I tried to like 'as above so below', but I just thought it was absolute garbage from 30 min and on.
>>
>>17706708
Sinister started out pretty good, but omg Mr Boogie! This guy looks so ridiculous! I love him. So many laughs were had.
>>
I hated the witch

Almost fell asleep during it
>>
>>17707579
I think there are legit shill threads being cycled on /tv/ for it.
>>
File: 1456047809674.png (167KB, 780x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1456047809674.png
167KB, 780x1000px
>>17706698
It Follows
The Conjuring
The Babadook
The Shining
*Evil Dead
Evil Dead 2
Army Of Darkness
Cabin in the woods
*Let Me in
*Let The Right One In
Jug Face
*Coherence
The Exorcist
*Aliens
*Rosemary's Baby
*The Omen
*Oculus
The Conspiracy
Silence Of The Lambs
*Psycho
*Hellraiser
*V/H/S
*V/H/S 2
*Reanimator
*Drag Me To Hell
*Creep
*The Thing
The VVitch
*You're Next
The Borderlands/Final Prayer
Event Horizon
The Taking Of Deborah Logan
Banshee Chapter
*The House At The End Of Time
*A Field In England
*Cloverfield
10 Cloverfield Lane
*The Fly
Cannibal Holocaust
Eraserhead

Ignore the asterisks, I just copy/pasted this and I have those next to every horror film I have yet to see.
>Inb4 "omg how have you not seen that"
>>
>>17707579
Its not for everyone, It is mostly atmospheric horror and while I personally loved it I can see why some people would hate it.
>>
>>17707791
Also 964 Pinocchio
fucking horrifying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJI_szKnDbo
>>
>>17707799
It's the 'this film is one of the best horror movies in recent memory'/'you're a capeshit-loving pleb for hating it' attitude that most people have a problem with.

Nice dubs.
>>
>>17707820
Yea but still the film itself is great, even if you didn't enjoy it its still a nice change from the trash that fills movie theaters today
>>
>>17707828
Agreed. Modern horror movies need to find a more appropriate balance between jumpscare schlock (e.g. Paranormal Activity; Sinister; Insidious) and arthouse semi-horror (It Follows; The Babadook; House of the Devil). At least as far as mainstream releases go.

Saw 'The Shrine' recently and liked it. Still on Netflix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mpiuO0F01o
>>
>>17706727
I watched Beyond the Black Rainbow on LSD. That was the most terrifying experience I've had with a movie.
>>
>>17706698
Frozen. No, not the Frozen you're thinking of.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1323045/
>>
>>17706780
>Sinister 2

I remember when I burst out laughing at this scene in the theater: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm9aBp6yaxo

Broke the tension of the film too much for me, had a lot of giggles after that.
>>
>>17706698
if you could sleep after watching this all the way through you're a WWII vet.
>>
>>17707951
Me and my mate started to watch that on shrooms...only lasted about 5 minutes then had to put it off.

A Field in England is god tier on psychadelics however
>>
>The Thing
>Oculus
>Quarantine

*SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THESE MOVIES*
These three movies share a common theme: the protagonists did everything (or most things) right and still died. THIS is true terror. I'm happy that the whole stereotype that horror protagonists are dumb. That only applies to shitty horror. Something is truly terrifying when everything is done right and you still die. There's just no way to beat The Thing. There's just no way to beat Lasser Glass. Quarantine could have maybe had survivors if the government were slightly less dickish. But as far as that particular scenario was concerned, there was no solving the problem.

Oculus made me unable to sleep the night after I watched it. It wasn't even a completely terrified "lol I'm scared of nightmares" sleep. My brain just couldn't stop thinking. I was trying to see some possible way out. What could they have done better. How could they have prepared more? And, that's the thing: they actually PREPARED! It went beyond just dealing with a sudden spooky situation. They went INTO the spooky situation with PREPARATION. A lot of it. Very thoroughly prepared. And, it just didn't matter. My mind couldn't stop trying to think of some way to win. Even in my sleep, I just kept running scenarios on what to do better. It just gave me such a horrendous sense of paranoia. There were no jumpscares. There was nothing particularly "lolsospooky!" It was just purely mind-crushing terrifying defeat.
*ENDSPOILERS*

>>17706700

I wish there was an upvote button.

>>17707877

Hey now, Insidious has more going for it than just some jumpscares!

The Babadook is pretty fucking golden though. Your taste pleases me.
>>
File: what a pleb amirite.jpg (42KB, 550x367px) Image search: [Google]
what a pleb amirite.jpg
42KB, 550x367px
>>17708190
>Quarantine
>>
>>17708193

Not quite as good as the other two, yes. But, I wanted to provide another example of a horror movie where the protagonists didn't completely do everything wrong and still died.
>>
>>17708152
Exactly right. And that's the whole film. It really was a let down after the excellent first, but that's what happens when you change directors.
>>
>>17708190
I think Lasser Glass could have been beaten, but they would have to die. What if something unpredictable happened? It gave it that crack before.

What if someone was driving with it and then someone else crashed into the car?
>>
>>17708197
The point >>17708193 was trying to make is that Quarantine is a shitty 1:1 remake of a much better Spanish film called [Rec].
>>
>>17707394
>The atmosphere in this one is perfect. All the woodland animals are perfect in their roles, and they somehow made a rabbit ominous. The witch herself really portrayed a classic witch well, being almost sub human. I feel like not enough people took this movie seriously.

I agree, the witch was great but I think a lot of people found the trailers to be misleading and ended up not liking the movie as a result.
>>
>>17708231

Well, I admit my memory of Quarantine may be blending with the original. I've seen both. That may account for why I think that Quarantine is good. I should go back and watch them both again.

>>17708229

You wouldn't be able to choose to put the car in a dangerous situation. And, the only way you're likely to get another car to crash into you without putting yourself in that dangerous situation would be to instruct them to drive into you. And, they wouldn't be able to choose to do that.

So, you're left with the option of just driving around until probability catches up with you and someone by random chance crashes into you. That would be a really long time. A really long time with you in VERY close proximity to the Lasser Glass. You don't have a long time. Soon, you won't be driving anymore, even if you think you are.

I see where you are coming from, though. My best idea was to do what the chick did in the movie, but make the thing that would break it even heavier; heavy enough to cleave through a person. But, first of all, there'd also have to be some guarantee you can't just take the mirror off the wall without it being blatantly putting the mirror in a dangerous situation which would count as choosing to harm it. Second, I'd really like to live through the whole thing.

And, that was the main problem I was having in my paranoid sleep state. I was trying to come up with a way to win AND live. They actually could have lived in the movie. When they left the house and turned around and saw themselves still in the house in front of the mirror, that was a bluff. They weren't really there. They were outside the house. They called the police while outside the house, there was no cell reception in the house any more. The police call actually happened since they showed up at the end. If they called the bluff there, they would have lived. But, there's no guarantee they would have been able to retrieve any good evidence later...
>>
>>17708281

>So, you're left with the option of just driving around until probability catches up with you and someone by random chance crashes into you.

That's basically what I was saying. I got the idea when I saw that the mirror let the movers put it into a truck, so I thought what if someone knew the directions they were going and told a man who didn't know the situation to drive into the truck. I don't know how far the mirrors power reaches out, but I don't think it would be close enough to hear my plan, or quick enough to stop it.
>>
>>17708374

It may be quick enough to stop it. Especially if the plan is something as shitty as "Imma crash my car now!"

It puts ideas in your head, particularly ones that make breaking it seem stupid. And, the idea of "Wait a minute, I don't want to crash my car!" is a pretty easy idea to put into someone's head seeing as how the plan was pretty stupid (since they don't know why they're doing it).
>>
>>17708411
Maybe you could use a self driving car than. No human error what stop it.
>>
>>17708422
would*
>>
File: 220px-Prince_of_darkness.jpg (17KB, 220x344px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Prince_of_darkness.jpg
17KB, 220x344px
>>17708190
>THIS is true terror
I agree.
>>
>>17708426
Btw, if you are scared of mirrors this one is....ideal.
>>
>>17708422

If you want to avoid human error, then you may as well also put the mirror in something other than a car. Just leave it in a house or something and crash the self-driving car into the house.

But, this begs the question of how much influence it has over machines. It seems to be able to make machines do things beyond just making people hallucinate that they are doing things. It may be able to just stop a self-driving car. And, these are the paranoid thoughts that I have every time I try to figure this out.
>>
>>17708454
I haven't watched the movie in a while, did it ever control machines? I know it made them interact with machines but I don't remember if it ever controlled them without the help of humans.
>>
>>17708468

It's hard to tell what was perceptual and what was actual. But, cell phones did a lot of wonky things throughout the movie. Unless a lot of hallucinating was going on, some of them had to be it actually controlling the phone, or at least denying/manipulating its functions.
>>
File: angel's egg.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
angel's egg.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>>17706698
Angel's egg is really good,really odd though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgO9AzAFAX0
Triangle is another mind skrew (spoilers)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWZfHfQokMA
Martyrs is also very good.
>>
>>17708422
I feel like the mirror would find someone else to influence regardless. It's hard to say since there's really no metric for its effective range.
>>
>>17708605
not really into horror though but these were really spooky.
>>
>>17708625

Oh. Oh. That's what it was. It could turn lights on and off. Heck, it cut power to the house. That's why she had the lights set up at various distances from the mirror throughout the house; so she could tell how far its zone of influence was spreading. The longer it fed off of them, the longer it got.

But yeah, it can definitely mess with electronics since it shut off the power, and that definitely actually happened.
>>
>>17708190
Not saying the protagonists in It Follows were necessarily smart, but it was the only horror movie that kinda got to me because it's impossible to ever feel safe.
Yeah I know, "just fly to some island", I still wouldn't feel safe.
>>
>>17708443
me and a friend of mine watched Poltergeist 3 in grade school, she refused to look at a mirror for days.
>>
>>17708605
I didn't really get what Triangle was supposed to be about, it's theme was confusing to me.
Martyrs was just shit imo. I can kinda see why someone would like the idea, but it wasn't executed that well.
>>
File: fuckoff.gif (1MB, 425x256px) Image search: [Google]
fuckoff.gif
1MB, 425x256px
>>17706725

I know rite?

>monster made of aids breaks the window, bitch goes and check it out just for spooks
>when she feels overwhelmed, she goes into a fucking forest where there's little light, of all fucking places
>hey guys I know, let's fucking electrocute the monster/ghost made of STD's in a pool
>they fucking shoot it in the back of his head
>it dies
>mfw

yet everyone in this board and /tv/ said it was a masterpiece…

And also the end of the Witch is pretty lame
>>
The Thing. Theres probably no other movie that inspires as much terror and paranoia.
>>
>>17706780
I thought Sinister 1 was so good, I drew the curtains and put it on alone one evening not knowing what to expect and I can say totally shit my pants.

I really want Sinister 2 to be as good but everyones telling me its shit... Not sure if its even worth watching
>>
>>17707045
>Vanishing on 7th Street

That movie was pretty good, not a a masterpiece but it was really interesting even tho I when I saw it on tv I didn't catch it from the beginning
>>
>>17711038
If you like the murder videos you should watch it,
>>
>>17707045
Is event horizon the one in space where they open a gateway to hell or something like that? Remember watching it a few years ago, Need to watch it again
>>
>>17711047
yes
>>
>>17711047
Yeah, Sam Neill starred in it as some paleontologist. Turns out the gateway they opened had dinosaurs inside. Pretty strange stuff.
>>
File: tumblr_m1jd7we0mp1qbiotjo1_500.jpg (194KB, 500x630px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m1jd7we0mp1qbiotjo1_500.jpg
194KB, 500x630px
>A Field In England
>The Witch
>Noroi: The Curse
>Martyrs
>>
>>17711162
Great taste. Haven't seen Martyrs yet though.
>>
File: 1450043306776.jpg (2MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1450043306776.jpg
2MB, 1920x1280px
>>17711162
>A Field in England

The patrician's occult film.
>>
File: 19fp794d30zrljpg.jpg (159KB, 2190x930px) Image search: [Google]
19fp794d30zrljpg.jpg
159KB, 2190x930px
>>17711172
it's a nasty piece of work.
>>17711185
I watched it with my roommate, and when he did acid and hung out in a nature preserve with his friends a month or so later, he told me couldn't stop remembering it.
>>
File: baskin-poster-02.jpg (1MB, 1600x2370px) Image search: [Google]
baskin-poster-02.jpg
1MB, 1600x2370px
Pic related is pretty good. Lots of creeps and gore and a confusing ending. Also the music is pretty sick at time.
>>
>>17711172
Don't even think about watching the new one. Watch the original from France.
>>
>>17711029
Did you know "The Thing" is part of a trilogy from John Carpenter? The others being In "the Mouth of Madness" and "The Prince Of Darkness".
>>
>>17707045
Continuing because some might want to watch.

Classics
Village of the Damned (1960)
Day of the Dead (1985)
The Shining (1980)
The Omen (1976)

You probably haven't seen:
Frozen (2010)
Night of the Creeps (1986)
[Rec] (2007)
The Mist (2007)
The Amityville Horror (2005)
Lord of Illusions (1995)

Bonus, eerie films:
Donnie Darko (2001)
Dark City (1998)
Sphere (1998)
Solaris (1972)
Stalker (1979)
Forbidden Planet (1956)
>>
>>17711632
I was about to call attention to this myself, but you were too quick for me, anon.
I just came to the realization that I've never watched all three back to back. I bet that would be pretty damn intense. I wonder if they're best in chronological order or some other arrangement....
>>
I wanna see a horror film with paranormal stuff, not that everything was in the mind of someone, or aliens, or some psycho, or some other thing like that. Shit you can't explain

Anyone knows of something?
>>
File: Lifeforce SFW.png (1MB, 2160x912px) Image search: [Google]
Lifeforce SFW.png
1MB, 2160x912px
Some classics that are often overlooked/unmentioned in these threads:

Galaxy of terror
From Beyond
Lifeforce
Hellraiser (1 and 2 only, fuck the rest)
>>
post some good found footage pls
>>
>>17706727
The Blair Witch Project 2
ive found this movie to ve really bad
the first one was good tho
>>
>>17708163
I giggled at your post.
>>
>>17711820
how did you fuck up that censor bar
>>
>>17711871
No nipple
No b&
>>
>>17711848
The 2nd BWP being bad is a popular meme, but I think it's quite good on its own merits. It incorporates a fair deal of Wiccan concepts and subverts them. It's a different type of film than BWP, and its plot connections to the original are tenuous, but BWP 2 kicks the shit out of most modern horrors.
>>
>>17711891
>BWP 2 kicks the shit out of most modern horrors.
You liked it and that's your opinion (I thought it sucked), but the point is it was a lame spin off and that they somehow got the right to use the Blair Witch Project name and they used it to lure fan of the original in. It has next to no connection to the original except for mentions of the "found footage" at the beginning and the only reason they were allowed to have this very thin connection is because they had to have it in order to use the BWP name. It's like they made a Batman movie with no batman but with a guy who loves bats, saw batman and decided to become a veterinarian to cure them from rabies and they called the movie "Batman: Book of Plagues". Would be shit? Yes.

tl;dr BWP2 is a shitty unrelated sequel that bought the right and use the BWP name to cash in more money.
>>
>>17712024
>Co-written by the writers of the BWP
>Multiple scenes referencing the original lore and expanding upon it

You're heavily exaggerating how loose the connection is. Disappointed that it wasn't another found footage with the original cast?
>>
>>17706708
I really didn't understand it follows when I watched it

My favorites are
Hannibal
Hide and seek
Saw
>>
>>17711725
That is some crazy synchronicity, I was thinking on doing the same.

>>17711784
There are some neat suggestions on this thread anon, look them up.
>>
>>17707791
Rolling yo
>>17708190
Holy shit this, you put this into such perfect words.
My husband hated Oculus for that reason. Because they did everything right, they were ready and it still ended in death. Such a smart movie, I really enjoyed it.
>>
>>17707791
ok
>>
>>17711047
yeah, it's inspired by a quote from A Brief History of Time where Hawkings imagines the inside of a blackhole to be a terrible, hellish place... don't remember the exact quote. But they just kind of take it literally and run with it.

Great movie though. Saw it in theaters when it first came out and it was too scary for me back then and had to leave the theater. (I was 12).
>>
>>17711829
Troll Hunter is probably the only found footage film I really like. Most found footage movies are garbage.

I'm not sure I would call Troll Hunter horror though. It's probably equal parts horror, fantasy and comedy/satire.
>>
>>17712499
everyone think's I'm joking when I say I really liked this movie :(
>>
>>17712664
I don't understand why it gets so much hate...
>>
>>17712664
Dont worry i love it too, dearly.
The best found footage movie ive seen.
>>
>>17707819
wtf
>>
>>17707163
Cube is such a cool movie, watched the first one a long time ago and loved it, found out there was sequels recently, finally got around to watching them and realized that one of the actors in the third is from my very small town
>>
>>17706698
As Above So Below was awful!!!
>>
>>17706725
It Follows was a pile of wank... So disappointing.
>>
>The Dark Hour (Spanish)
Weird as fuck but worth a watch.
>Martyrs (French)
Dark, weird and brutal, gives you an uneasy feeling watching it. Really good film!
>Holy Motors
Isn't real a horror, it's just fucking weird and wtf inducing.
>Any of the Resident Evil films, especially 3, 4 and 5.
>>
>>17712827
Want to know where I can get me one of those seashell iPhones, though.
>>
I think I watched all the good horror movies, which sucks. Cause now i'm bored.
>>
File: 1455463641668.jpg (48KB, 268x400px) Image search: [Google]
1455463641668.jpg
48KB, 268x400px
>>17712843
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horror_film

Rake through American ones you haven't seen decade by decade. Then transition to European ones. Not a bad system. You'll find something new to like.
>>
>>17707045
just informing everyone that johnny depp wasnt in nightmare on elm street originally in my dimension.
>>
The Babadook was really good imo. Later a friend of mine told me the movie's about depression, watched it again and it was even better.
>>
>>17712839
The Resident Evil films? Really?

>>17712857
Who was it in your dimension?
>>
I still love banshee chapter. Definitely try hard, but it was fucking good if you're a conspiratard like me

Also VHS, VHS 2. (VHS 1 is better imo)
>>
File: merde.jpg (223KB, 718x404px) Image search: [Google]
merde.jpg
223KB, 718x404px
>>17712839
>Holy Motors

Isn't that from the same guy who directed Merde, a segment from a movie called Tokyo!?
>>
File: kek.jpg (56KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
56KB, 390x470px
>>17712857

>just informing everyone that johnny depp wasnt in nightmare on elm street originally in my dimension.
>my dimension
>dimension

roleplaying faggot, please go
>>
henry portrait of a serial killer 1986
terror at the opera 1987
>>
>>17706698
>As Above So Below
What?

>>17712821

i agree, As Above So Below is the worst horror movie i've ever seen...

in the last scenes when she run kickin demon asses i had a mix of disapointment and laugh.
>>
>>17707791
Sure why not
>>
>>17713248
>Who was it in your dimension?

John Travolta
>>
>>17706727
Sleepy Hollow is one of my favourites.
>>
File: Retribution.jpg (15KB, 344x500px) Image search: [Google]
Retribution.jpg
15KB, 344x500px
I love ghost movies where they drive the protagonist insane, as opposed to just killing them outright

>>17713497

Yeah BC was very enjoyable for me even if Ted Levine's Hunter S. Thompson impression was kinda goofy
>>
>>17707394
Alice In Wonderland made a rabbit ominous.
>>
>>17708426
The video at the end fucked me in the ass.
>>
>>17714135
Was that the movie where they went into the catacombs in Paris?
>>
>>17711018
Good atmosphere but not enough utilization of the Monster and fell to stupid horror movie cliches.
>>
>>17711018
What's wrong with the Witch ending? I thought it was fitting
>>
>>17706746
>Always been really interested in depictions/characterizations of the devil.

Same. I just read Hawthorne's Young Goodman Brown which was fucking great. Do you have any other book or film suggestions?
>>
A Tale of Two Sisters
Martyrs
The Shining

I don't think I can think of 3 better ones. The Shining.. I can't fault it. I wanted my 3rd to be something recent but even after 30 years it's still a stand-out horror. It's a masterpiece.

Honourable mentions to:

Evil Dead
Dawn of the Dead
IT
A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Ring
The Grudge
The Thing
>>
>>17707045
This list is perfect
>>
File: turnstodisgust.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
turnstodisgust.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>17706727
>TBWP2
>>
File: 1390852525714.jpg (93KB, 576x576px) Image search: [Google]
1390852525714.jpg
93KB, 576x576px
>>17708190
>I wish there was an upvote button.

pls leave this site
>>
>>17712499
Thank you! I really liked this movie, extremely underrated.
>>
>>17706746
The Ninth Gate is also my favorite. Really underrated.
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.