[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/omg/ Occultism & Magic General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 31

File: 1462582415797.jpg (1MB, 1327x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1462582415797.jpg
1MB, 1327x1333px
I did it because no one did it BTW edition
It's truly hard to understand the value of such a library until you have to build your own: the link
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ!pMw3kaoS

Spooky pseudoscience for fun and profit.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwLJ8mj-ZuoGc0NKUEtoLTBmQXc&usp=drive_web#list
>>
Yes shamelessly copied older threads op post entirely. Anyway.
>>
>>17699179
Or I didn't.
>>
Where should I start if I want to move things with my mind?
>>
>>17699171
What happened with the regular tripfags and namefags?

What happened here?
>>
>>17699370
Nothing; I've been going through my index of materials to upload. Been busy, finally got free this weekend.
>>
>>17699378
Geez man, don't scare me like that.
>>
>>17699285

Forget about it, for a while, and work on improving your ability to concentrate.
>>
It seems regulars are here. I wanna ask about my fear. It seems my metamagic grasp effects my life too fast. I only do banishment and shielding and oh boy is it effective?

So I am afraid to doing more powerful rituels. Any advice?

Chaos noob BTW.
>>
>>17699773
85% of noob questions (including yours now) get the same response from me.
>Moar Yoga
>>
>>17699171
Could someone decipher the real meaning of reversed pentagram?
>>
>>17699773
>>17699789

Yep. Strengthen body and mind.
>>
>>17699789
what yoga?

also good books on zazen for newbies?
>>
File: thanks.jpg (294KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
thanks.jpg
294KB, 750x500px
>>17699171
>temple of solomon

was that mega library created by ape? whoever created it, thank you, good sir
>>
>>17700144
Kundalini. Also vibrate Agni into your spine.
>>
>>17700144
Read Patanjali to gain the understanding of what the eight limbs of yoga are. After that you could read other classic yoga books like the Shiva Samhita and Gheranda Samhita, but you'd likely get a better understanding after reading some Vivekananda. Read Raja Yoga and Jnana Yoga by him, they're really good expositions on yoga.

Practice practice practice. Forget about zazen if you're a newbie. Look into more traditional buddhist meditation first (I'd say). Upacara samadhi is a good place to start. Look it up (also known as access concentration in English). Practice practice practice.
>>
>>17700155
If that's what's linked, then yes.
There are a few copies floating around on various megas, my backup and the backups of others.
I've not actually checked the link in OP, but it looks like a different URL than usually use.

>>17700384
^Mostly.
>>
Hey guys, the fat guy who made MEGA said that it only had like one month or so to live, so I'd recommend mirroring everything, or get a vps.
Dunno, just wanted to say that.

Have a good day.
>>
>>17700384
Anything besides Bhakti yoga is essentially useless in this age. Lord Chaitanya has made the process simple and sublime. The results of chanting harinam are greater and more potent than any other yoga system can yield.
>>
Who runs the library? Someone can add things on it?

I like to sutgest, to make a pair of folders in the library for other lenguages, i have some books in spanish, basic things, but i can find more, and a lot of people here it would be easy to understand some terms in his lenguage, as myself.

Also i'm sure there are some interesting books in french or slavic lenguages useful too.
>>
>>17700404
ISKCON meme-cultist pls go.
>>
>>17700491
Enjoy going through another 8,400,000 species of life. It's how long it will take before you get a second chance to become a devotee of Krsna
>>
>>17700510
But if I mindlessly chant an empty mantra long enough that I'm going to hypnotize myself into a coma, I'll achieve Moksha, right?

Is there any other group of Hindu memesters more retarded than ISKCON? I vote no. You losers give Vaishnavism a bad name.
>>
>>17700533
The mahamantra and its potency is described in a myriad of Vaishnava sastras. It is also not an empty mantra, having the proper conception of the thing is just as paramount as chanting it. Not in ISKCON either
>>
>>17700550
Forgive me if you're not, you sounded like you were. I agree that the proper conception of the mantra is as paramount as chanting it, however, what exactly is it that attracts you to it in particular, as opposed to other mantras (such as Shaivite ones, or others)?
>>
>>17700395
Looks like Kim Doctom being skittish. He doesn't even own the thing anymore, as far as I'm aware. Here's Mega's response to Kim's statements:

>“Mega has significant funding and strong support from shareholders so its financial position is certainly not precarious. Dotcom’s comment is factually incorrect and the motive is unknown,” Hall informs TF.

>“Mega continues to experience strong growth which illustrates the global appreciation of the quality of its services. Mr Liu has a shareholding interest but has no management or board position so he certainly doesn’t control Mega.”

My only concern at that point would be how to provide you fine folks with new updates and/or a stable archive of the materials.

Remember, there's stuff as rare as ThROA or the Warburg Microfilms in that library, along with many many other rare materials.

If you care about your current you've already made a private copy and are sharing rare Crowleys with your peers.

>>17700404
see
>>17700491

>>17700550
Kularnava Tantra has a lot to say about right mantra usage, wanna have a pissing contest over hermenuetics, or you just wanna smugpost here about how superior you are for your choice of devotional godform?

>I'm so enlightened I go where my presence is historically disliked to convert people who have no interest in my exoteric material in the first place

Literally as bad as the Jehova's Witnesses.
>>
>>17700573
Certainly there can be much benefit from propitiating Lord Shiva and other demigods (both materially and spiritually). According to the Gaudiya conception however, Krsna is the fountainhead of all incarnations and the original form of Godhead. Lord Shiva is his intimate and most confidential servant. Krsna has also imbued this specific sound vibration (the hare krsna mahamantra) with incredible shakti (spiritual potency). It is easier to make spiritual advancement in Kali Yuga with this method than any other process in any age. It is so powerful that the ninefold process of bhakti (hearing, chanting, remembering, etc) is contained in krsna-nama.
>>
>>17700587
>Kularnava Tantra

Interesting, I'll definitely check this out. Just finished reading the Shiva Purana. Are you familiar with the story of Ravana? Lots of esoteric knowledge contained in their exchanges
>>
>>17700598
>according to
>according to
>according to
According to the Bible we're all going to rot in the lake of fire. According to Zoroastrianism, you're doomed for not washing your hands. According to Paratrisika Vivirana, the highest mantras are not of Krsna. According to Liber L vel Legis none of this matters because people will do as they please while seeking Liberation so it's a moot point.

See where "according to" gets us? At least our resident Buddhafags appeal to phenomenology of perception more often than scripture.
>>
>>17700598
Well, all of what you're saying rests on the Gaudiya tradition, which seems exclusionary and toxic. Seems kinda like a "fuck you" to Hinduism, for you to basically hijack it and to try to make it fit a tight little mould.
>>
There is no TIME or PRIVACY in my life for all these super complicated rituals, and from what I see magic = ritual.

Fuck.
>>
>>17700629
Eh, if you have enough time to post on 4chan, you have enough time to do some meditation or yoga. No need to go over the top with time-intensive rituals. Make do with what you have.
>>
>>17700623
>Seems kinda like a "fuck you" to Hinduism, for you to basically hijack it and to try to make it fit a tight little mould.
I blame colonial Brits for telling native Hindis which religious scriptures they should be paying attention to more than others. Literally none of this would be a problem if they hadn't latched on to historically Krsnite materials as "The Hindu Bible", telling natives and people back home that's the spiritual tradition they should most rightly follow.

>>17700629
Make some. Cut out that three hours of League. Cut out that hour and a half of netflix. Start doing yoga early in the morning so it won't cut into normal operating hours. Instead of picking up that magazine, pick up Chaldean Oracles.
>>
>yoga

Oh god not this bullshit again. How many times are people going to try and shove yoga in. It's just meditation by any other means. Do your cobra breath or advanced yoga without doing the basics and the effect is the fucking SAME.

Waste of time.
>>
>>17700648
>It's just meditation by any other means.
For what it's worth, the word that's most often tossed around for Buddhist forms of contemplation in their own traditions?
>Brotip: It's yoga.

Now, if you're going to "meditate" but ignore the thousands of years of practical discourse thereon, that's fine, but don't expect me to take your praxis that seriously.

Moreover, "advanced technique" depends on specific tradition and individual capability. Some individuals might slip very naturally into Dharan or Dhyana but have a hard time keeping Pranayama metric.

The idea behind comprehensive study is to come toward a holistic understanding of all facets of the practice.

But you're obviously the Ascended Master here, so how about teach instead of complain?
>>
>>17700648
Yoga is not just postures, and it's not just meditation. At least look into it for more than 10 minutes before posting stupid shit that might affect others who also don't know any better.
>>
>>17700668
There is nothing to teach. It's 5000 different ways to form 10000 positions. Yoga is almost as muddy and forked as Christianity. All to the same purpose. Meditation.

Sure, waste your life reading every yoga book ever made on every different type spending years to "master" top secret things as simple as cobra breath. I will not, nor should anyone.
>>
>>17700681
Yes it is. Breathing patterns and sucking up your anus isn't something that takes 20 years to learn. Everything else is placebo. Snake around your spine? That energy? All in your head.

And that's FINE, but don't act like it's this amazing magical foundation. Meditation in general is completely overblown in eastern and western magick practice.
>>
>>17700687
>>17700698
I guess you could continue proving yourself to be both ignorant and wrong, but what would be the point of doing that?
>>
>>17700687
>There is nothing to teach.
Then why are there so many historical and contemporary manuals on yoga.

>It's 5000 different ways to form 10000 positions
W-wait, have you actually read the core texts?

>Yoga is almost as muddy and forked as Christianity
I don't think anyone denies this, as the above exchange with our Krsnite friend demonstrates.

>All to the same purpose. Meditation.
>Implying the goal of Yoga is Meditation instead of the goal of yoga and meditation being Liberation

>waste your life reading every yoga book ever made on every different type
K, I'll make sure to do that, but I wouldn't exactly call gaining knowledge in comparative religion useless to my undergraduate knowledge base or my graduate school interests and beyond.

>top secret things as simple as cobra breath
Save for like specifically lineal mantras, the secrets, like Freemasonry, have all been published long ago, and you do not even need those lineal mantras to attain given both them and the important ones are specifically handed out in public texts.

>I will not, nor should anyone.
>What is preferable to me is a universal Truth!
I mean, it's ok that you have your tastes but to ascribe them as objective facts of life is foolish.
>>
>>17700622
The main difference is that the near entirety of the Vedic literatures points to Krsna being supreme.
>>17700623
Not true at all, I know many Vaishnavas who render service to kalabhairava, mahakali, etc. Even the kavaldeivam of South india
>>
>>17700721
Lol what a fucking mess.
>>
>>17700731
You said it.
>>
>>17700721
Can you point where in the Vedas that it describes Krishna (or even Vishnu) as being supreme?
>>
>>17700721
>The main difference is that the near entirety of the Vedic literatures points to Krsna being supreme.
And the entirety of Thelemic literature points to Pan/XAOS being supreme. Saivite literature points to Siva as supreme. Zoroastrian literature points to Ahura Mazda as supreme.

Your point?

A thousand years of your proselytizing convinces me of nothing compared to direct experience, of which Kali's love seems more immanent than Krsna's to me, to say nothing of Shiva.

Comments like this: >>17700510, tell me you're posting for the same self-satisfactory motivations that Christfags have when bleating about brimstone and hellfire. It tells me a LOT that Krsnites are so eager to brag smugly at people about how far they are from spiritual apprehension while preaching humility from the other side of their mouth, while the Saivites are more focused on how close you are to that apprehension, and how far you've come to even have the privilege of being born a human, let alone one who hears of the grace of Para.

I've NEVER seen a case of spiritual progression come from being told how shitty you are, or how worthless your practices are, or how perfect your tradition is compared to others....it's empty and baseless posturing, and unbecoming of someone seeking a nondual approach to Godhead.
>>
>>17700747
After Vedavyasa divided the four Vedas, compiled the Ramayana and Mahabarata, he was still satisfied. Understanding this, the sage Narada Muni implored him to compile the Srimad Bhagavatam which exclusively glorifies Krsna and is understood to be the ultimate commentary on vedanta sutra. That said, the supremacy of Vishnu is sprinkled throughout the Rg and Yajur Vedas, as well as numerous puranas and upanisads.

http://www.krishna.com/some-scriptural-references-hare-krishna-maha-mantra
>>
>>17700765
>puranas
Certainly not the Kalika or Kaula Puranas.
>>
>>17700758
Do you know the meaning of the word sadhu? It means "razor". Harsh words are meant to sever ones attachment to material existence, which is why we emphasize the suffering of the material world and the cycle of birth and death.
>>
>>17700758
Amen.
>>17700765
Sorry but nowhere in that link that you gave me is there a satisfactory answer to my question. Puranas =/= Vedic. Having just finished reading the Rig Veda two days ago, I did not see a single reference to anything related to Krishna or another similar aspect. The "supremacy of Vishnu sprinkled throughout" the Rig Veda means little if that same sprinkling can be taken by Shaivites to point to Shiva instead, for example.

>>17700776
Holy shit I hope you're not that Krishna guy because that'd be hilarious and telling. A bhakti cult using harsh words (akin to verbal abuse past a certain point) to "sever one's attachment to material existence" is questionable. Which leads back to ISKCON.

Again, let me reiterate.
ISKCON meme-cultists pls go.
>>
>>17700776
Yes yes yes, I fucking get it, you're better than everybody and the most enlightened person on /x/.

You're only in here every fucking week making sure we understand in case we didn't hear you the last hundred and eight times. That's not annoying in the slightest.

>I want to sever attachment to materiality
>I have a BRILLIANT idea, I'm going to tell everyone that if they don't read and practice my material, they'll be doomed to a thousand incarnations of materiality, thereby perpetuating anxieties about the very materiality I seek to liberate people from!

In my experience, the person saying the most about the practices of others doesn't have much going on in their own temple, and the people least concerned about materiality have little to offer in terms of scare mongering.
>>
>>17700793
>A bhakti cult using harsh words (akin to verbal abuse past a certain point) to "sever one's attachment to material existence" is questionable.
If you think that's bad, you should see how often I notice someone saying "the only way to liberation is being born a Brahmin" in the Krsna/Advaita threads, which is a reprehensible stance to take in a field of scripture that seeks to shatter the chains of material bondage, that actively prescribes AGAINST that assertion.

Meanwhile the Saivist is offering his beef to both dog and untouchable with a smile on his face.

Reminds me of the Christfags who would rather spit on a prostitute's face than wash her weary feet.
>>
>>17700807
>the only way to liberation is being born a Brahmin

This is totally contrary to our siddhanta.
>>
>>17699669
So I should meditate?
>>
>>17700826
That is literally step 1 to every "How do I..." question on /x/
>>
>>17700807
>tfw not born a Brahmin ;_;

I hear you. Those Christfags barely deserve to be called Christfags, since they are so far from Christ. Like these...Krishnafags? Doesn't quite roll off the tongue as well as Christfag but what can I do? They seem to be full of the negative emotions and beliefs that severely cloud their minds. The irony is lost on them; the Indic religions all talk about casting off those negative, mundane aspects of the mind, and of existence, but these people either don't do that at all, or they do the exact opposite (such as using extremely negative speech to try to get someone else to "snap out of it"). What a shame. Talk about the blind leading the blind, eh?
>>
>>17700797
http://www.vedabase.com/en/sb/3/31
>>
>>17700826
>So I should meditate?
1. Pranayama
2. Yoga
3. Meditate for concentration
4. Bij mantras for chakras daily (vibrate them)

If you don't do this, you will fail, not just at magic, but at life. Ignore the other posters. They're dogmatic fucking retards.
>>
>>17700844
>"They're dogmatic fucking retards"
>said the dogmatic fucking retard
>>
>>17700828
It's my private assertion that the vast majority of Krsnites are folks who are completely unable to let go of the self-certainty, social posturing, etc., of their former Christianity. They find a religion that's not Christianity but has the same sort of merchant class social-mobility kind of aspect that comes with trying so hard to discredit other spiritual traditions...and again I blame this on colonial forces passing of the Krsnite corpus of materials as "The Hindi Bible" to the natives and abroad.

In a lot of senses, current popular trends of Hindi religious systems are predicated entirely on colonial revisionism; Buddhism's another great example of this, a religion almost entirely extinct in the subcontinent before the UK's Orientalism had them in a desperate bid to attempt to find a Prophet like Jesus of Nazareth, of which Gautama fit that bill wonderfully.
>>
>>17700844
>If you don't do this, you will fail
How dogmatic of you to say that
>>
File: ungern_.png (264KB, 390x423px) Image search: [Google]
ungern_.png
264KB, 390x423px
>>17700849
fuck off dipshit.
>>
>>17700836
You'd think after being told so many times that I'm not interested in buying what he's selling, dude would lay off the conversion attempts.

Hey, asshole, I don't linger around your threads telling folks to abandon Krsna for Siva. I don't hang in the Christfag threads and tell people Crowley is better. You could, at bare minimum, extend me the same fucking courtesy.

>Brotip, the harder you attempt to convert me, the harder I'll resist. I imagine the same is true for most of our regulars, considering how often we generally get conversion attempts IRL predicated on the exact same scare tactics. You will NEVER scare me into any given praxis.

>>17700826
Depends entirely on the tradition in question. Various groups will have various protocols. Find one that resonates with you.
>>
>>17700862
That sounds reasonable to me. I think we've spent enough time dealing with dummies in this thread, shall we move on? I guess we could keep it along the same topic for now. Have you read any cool tantras/sutras/etc lately? If not, what have you been reading/working on?
>>
File: Vsnu.jpg (233KB, 380x508px) Image search: [Google]
Vsnu.jpg
233KB, 380x508px
BG 7.3

manuṣyāṇāṁ sahasreṣu
kaścid yatati siddhaye
yatatām api siddhānāṁ
kaścin māṁ vetti tattvataḥ

Out of many thousands among men, one may endeavor for perfection, and of those who have achieved perfection, hardly one knows Me in truth.
>>
>>17700844
Is that the order in what I should do these things or should I do it as I please
>>
>>17700883
Lately? No, I've been mostly going through Paratrisika Vivirana, but should get on with deciphering Sarada Tilaka Tantram and Varivyasa Rahasya, and plan on buying up a full set of the Tantraloka when I get my next scholarship disbursement.
>>
>>17700882
Not interested in converting you at all. Those perusing these threads asking about yoga and meditation should at the very least be exposed to the Gaudiya perspective. Who are you to exclude a spiritual tradition that you find unfavorable?
>>
>>17700901
>should at the very least be exposed to the Gaudiya perspective
No, they shouldn't. Don't push your rotten drivel on impressionable minds.

You're no better than a christian or a muslim. Your religion is a disease and should be stamped out as soon as possible.
>>
>>17700901
>Who are you to exclude a spiritual tradition that you find unfavorable?
>t. schismatic, dogmatic pseudo-Hindu
My sides are in orbit.

The Gaudiya perspective is baby-tier compared to the rest of the Hindu "perspectives". Why are you here? Don't you have some chanting to do?
>>
>>17700911
You're the same dude reprimanding me "verbal harassment"? Who don't you actually read our sacred texts and then formulate an opinion
>>
>>17700901
Well, I imagine if they want a Gaudiya perspective, they'd ask in your fucking Gaudiya thread as opposed to the thread that's historically had a high percentage of filthy barbarian Tantriks.

Or maybe you do actually want me hanging in your threads Kaliposting the entire time and posting passages from Crowley's Class A materials? Because it's hard to tell at this point.

The problem, if this wan't clear enough, isn't the tradition, it's specifically YOUR aggressive attitude and inability to understand you've annoyed most of the regulars here.
>>
>>17700895
How much is the Tantraloka? And how long is it? Out of curiosity. I wish I knew about those other works you just listed but I'm not familiar with them. Could you say a few words about what they contain?
>>
>>17700920
Actually, no, that's not me. That guy is full of vitriol, whereas I am mostly just messing with you.
>>
>>17700920
>>17700914
>>17700911
Y'know what, you kids have fun bitching at each other, it's late and I have better things to do than perpetuate and facilitate these constant conversion attempts and wand measuring contests.

I'll be finishing my nightly rites while you boys are figuring out which sky daddy has the biggest willy.

>>17700922
Ten volumes between 300-900 dollars depending on the deal you can find. For what it's worth I've got the first four then the 29th chapter of the Tantraloka in English under the:
>Eastern>Abhinavagupta
Folder structure.
>>
>>17700935
Beautiful, thank you, I'll check them out.

For what it's worth, my sky daddy has the biggest willy.

Fare thee well, Ape.
>>
>>17700894
Those are your priorities. Imo, Pranayama is the most important, then Yoga, and so on.

Experiment, see what works for you, but try out what I said. It's very important to have a daily practice and stick to it.
>>
File: 1463289246549.jpg (85KB, 435x571px) Image search: [Google]
1463289246549.jpg
85KB, 435x571px
Thank you OP for remaking this wonderful thread!

Last night I had a peculiar dream. Possibly occult related, been reading and mulling over these PDFs for days now. Still non-practicing

I was dreaming I was back at my teenage era house, only it was modern day. My old high school girlfriend was there outside, a chance meeting. Her hair was blue now, for some reason. An oddity. Anyway, she says hello to which I respond, in a voice that is definitely not my own:

"I want to FUCK you"

It was far far too commanding of a tone for me. I'm a huge pussy IRL. Weirder yet, old GF just smiles and laughs at this, which is totally out of character. She then says she wants to show me something

A moment later we're looking at a monitor to a 4chan thread. Its some variation of a "rekt" thread, where people generally get badly hurt. Old GF points me to a post of an embedded video with the words "stupid bitch gets exactly what they deserved to get", something worded in such a way to make it seem like the video poster is the video creator. Edgy shit, I'm curious as to why my GF wants to show me this so I click it

I'm now in my current bedroom and I'm in the video. It is very dark. The door opens and a dark shape quickly swoops in to bed alongside me. I assume its old GF, so I slide on top of her because honestly she turns me on. But immediately something is wrong. The shape is all wrong, too firm and masculine. Its too dark to see, but this isn't my GF. I'm being held in place by the back. I reach for the lamp on the nightstand but it doesn't turn on. Then I feel this sharp PAIN of being grabbed or pinched, right near my left shoulderblade. I awoke shortly after with that pain still lingering in the shoulder, it was a very real sensation

I'm not really sure what to make of it. Honestly, I think it was just a spooky nightmare

Anyway, tangent over, still researching my favorite occult school of philosophy. Bemusing myself with "chaos magic" right now, it seems novel
>>
>>17700965
Ty for explaining this to me.
>>
Any anthropology books/articles influential on your practice or especially helpful makig your practice lucid to you or putting it in context?
>>
>>17699370
/x/ has been pretty meh lately.
>>
>they believe in chakras
lol.

Yoga is a straight up garbage timesink for bored magicians.
>>
File: 1455140943692.jpg (129KB, 700x471px) Image search: [Google]
1455140943692.jpg
129KB, 700x471px
Chaos practicer here.
Besides the basic texts, I've done some goetia, and I do LBRP. I want to scry Enochian Aethyrs but I'm not exactly sure if I need all those expensive material goods to do it. What is the bare minimum it requires besides a trancelike or gnosis state?

Any other interesting self contained stuff I'm also all ears for.
>>
is star ruby basically lbrp?
>>17701104
>lately
you mean for past ~5 years
>>
>>17701165
Excellent pic.
>>
Where do I start with magic?
>>
>>17701584
Wherever you want. You're not going to practice this stuff for someone else's sake if you can't even learn to serve your own will with it. It's a highly personal thing like that. So long as you want it, it can be done.
>>
>>17701591
Is there any magic that isn't dark? Do you have any keywords for me to use in my research?
>>
>>17701598
>that isn't dark?
How dark are we talking? Death, disease, famine? Making someone stub their toe? Upsetting some finicky god who did nothing more (by their own testimony) than create you? Accidentally stubbing your own toe because you didn't have control over your own mind?

Magic won't guarantee you can't regret the outcome. It's just a tool, and it's up to you how you want to use it. There are people who would call even healing magic "dark." It's a nonsense category as far as I'm concerned. Nevermind that you can kill someone with a fucking pencil, no. It's gotta be the tool that made it happen, never the wielder.

As with any tool, your intent in using it dictates the effects it will have.

Personally I practice chaos magick so there's not much I can tell you in terms of formal research or key words or anything. Other anons might be able to help with that better than I can.
>>
>>17701598
christian mysticism
>>
>>17700698
lol this guy has clearly never had a kundalini experience
>>
>>17701611
U-upsetting the creator.
>>
>>17701611
I want to talk to some gods and spirits and help people with magic mostly.
>>
>>17701819
First help yourself.
>>
I'm curious to know what sources are the best for studying the right-hand path and all aspects of magic that align with that path, to truly walk in the light and not in the false light of deception and self-worship.

I will study other forms of magic as well.
>>
>>17701824
I'm fine. I only exist to help others.
>>
>>17701825
What is right and what is wrong;
To be set in light must we solely sing a song
Tuned in to perfect harmony
With all that we may see?
Or will the darkness teach us much
Of the lies to which we desperately clutch?
Descend into your deepest cave and recognise what it is you truly crave
And that there could be so much more...
As you frantically seek the ground, in this room without a floor.
>>
>>17701568
I must be getting old then. /x/ used to have a much broader knowledge base.

>>17701165
I'm of the opinion that the enochian powers should be left well enough alone. The can be accessed with a bit of ink and paper if you're lazy, benjamin rowe's writing makes them accessible enough. Though if you really want their antention, go balls deep, get the table and tablet. But you really don't want their attention.
>self contained
everything is made up of stolen bits of other peoples works. Everything is series of self contained practices sown together with some often tenuous dogma. The Celtic Golden Dawn by Greer is modern enough to be easily understood, simple enough to not require much other research and made up of enough working bits to be called functional.

>>17701584
There is a beginners folder in the mega.

>>17701598
Fak you're new. listen to these
https://mega.nz/#F!otdDEbYR!_aLrv-1mc1zph9Nip1rF-g
>>17701584
>>
>>17699171
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Today I had a strange epiphany. The word Kenesiyah in Hebrew is the modern word for church, as in a temple to YHVH. This is backed by the word itself, which means Kenes (assembly) of Yah. Interesting.

Otherwise, bump bump bump.
>>
>>17700144

The Three Pillars of Zen, is good. So is Suzuki's, Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind.

>>17700384
>Forget about zazen if you're a newbie.

kek
>>
>>17700826

Yes, something solid likd zazen or ashtanga yoga.
>>
>>17701165
>I want to scry Enochian Aethyrs but I'm not exactly sure if I need all those expensive material goods to do it.

You don't need much in the way of materials, but you do need fairy solid ceremonial skills to work the system. Enochian magic is complex and not for beginners.
>>
>>17701598
>Is there any magic that isn't dark?

Angel magic can be less dark.
>>
>>17701074
Turner's Ritual Process.
Malinowski did a thing on worship and sex that I've not read in ages but remember being pretty good.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 384x384px
I've been wanting to get into occult/magick shit for a long time (mainly chaos magick).

Where should I start?
>>
>>17702008
rtft
>>17701902
>>17699789
>>
>>17700965
No asana without pranayama, no pranayama without asana.
>>
>>17701568
>is star ruby basically lbrp?
no
>>
>>17700587
>Remember, there's stuff as rare as ThROA or the Warburg Microfilms in that library, along with many many other rare materials.

Are you still here?

For someone with currently limited time, what rare/obscure documents do you recommend downloading from there. I plan on reading more later when I get time (which may be in 6 months from now or so).

Like what are the most non-mainstream works in the collection that are hard to find anywhere else?
>>
>>17702032
>For someone with currently limited time, what rare/obscure documents do you recommend downloading from there. I plan on reading more later when I get time (which may be in 6 months from now or so).
>Like what are the most non-mainstream works in the collection that are hard to find anywhere else?
Yorke Microfilms of the Warburg Collection (warning like ten gigs)
>A.'.A.'.>Crowley>Yorke Microfilms
The Alchemy folder has rare gems.
Chumbley/Cultus Sabbati folder is relatively complete.
The Eastern (particularly Saivism, Shakta, and Vajrayana).
Gnostic and Neoplatonic materials have dozens of texts from Brill that cost 3-400 a pop.
>>
>>17702074

Thanks!
>>
>>17702074
You're doing God's work, Ape. Krishna is pleased. Have you chanted the mahamantra 5000 times today? You'd best get on it if you haven't.

That Brill shit is pricy. How'd you get your hands on so many of them?

Hare hare.
>>
File: bowser.jpg (12KB, 253x238px) Image search: [Google]
bowser.jpg
12KB, 253x238px
>>17702136
>Krishna is pleased. Have you chanted the mahamantra 5000 times today? You'd best get on it if you haven't.
Pic related.

>That Brill shit is pricy. How'd you get your hands on so many of them?
I dig through about four or five book uploaders plus whatever feeble entry I can get into private trackers personally or through others. It's not that the stuff's explicitly hard to find, you just gotta be aware of titles and who uploads what. After that it's a matter of aggregation - that's why I carry so little 'new age' material because I'm not scraping entire torrents or websites, but rather using my own knowledge base to snipe materials.
>>
>>17702163
What I think that you meant to say was that Krishna's divine love helps you snipe the best materials for your library.

I'm sorry but after last night I can't stop laughing at Krishnafags. I remember one day I went to a "group meditation", and I didn't know what to expect. Twenty minutes into the meeting, the two middle aged white couple running the show... the guy pulled out a guitar and started jamming generic chord progressions while they both sang along with the mahamantra, guiding the group in a kirtan. I never felt further from "divine love". Truly worse than Bowser.
>>
>>17702163
It seems to me that we should have a starter practice image. You know that babby's first existential crisis pic? Like that. I could help.

While I sympathize with the peculiarities of different traditions daily praxis, I tend to believe that there's an essential set of skills that we can abstract.

Anyway, the polished English translation of Mahasi Sayadaw's Manual of Insight came out today. Mahasi Sayadaw is the granddaddy of the modern vipassana movement. He's the direct source for Jack Kornfield, Sharon Salzerg, Joseph Goldstein, Daniel Ingram, etc. It's an important event for buddhafags, even if they don't know it.

I'll probably have the file later.
>>
>>17699171
So can you people actually do anything, or do you just shitpost about pseudophilosophy all day?
>>
File: 1440900305779.jpg (99KB, 666x636px) Image search: [Google]
1440900305779.jpg
99KB, 666x636px
So far my efforts have been focus on sigil magick and it's had absolutely no effect.

Should I accept I have a weakness in this area and move on to another area of study or should I take this as a sign I have 0 magickal ability and stop all together?
>>
>>17702307
The modern vipassana movement is drivel. What a shame that it's still a thing.
>>
>>17702621

Maybe you need more groundwork.

Sigils are a tool, if you don't know what you are doing it won't work.

I've personally been very hesitant to use sigils because of obvious dangers. Then I reached a point when I realized I needed to express a spell to get it done, and I ended up using a sigil drawn on a dirt road.

The few times I've used sigils they have worked 100% but I think I only ever used less than 5 sigils in practice.

Don't focus too much on the tools, use them if you have to, not because it looks cool.
>>
>>17702621
Sigils are bullshit. Move on
>>
>>17702671
>bullshit
>worked 100% of the time with me

Just because something doesn't work with you, you can't say it's bullshit. Yeah, I almost forgot I was in 4Chan.
>>
Give me one example of a sigil working that could not be attributed to coincidence. Also explain why you think a symbolic representation could alter physical reality
>>
>>17702853
Also, if this stupid shit worked why would it only work for a select number of people?
>>
>>17702874

The same is true for mathematics. How come the really heavy stuff only makes sense to a tiny handful of egg heads?
>>
>>17699789
>>17700036

Ok. But while I really like more active body trainings. Like in the same time with yoga if I do boxing that'll do also. Right?
>>
>>17703371

Not as effective. Martial arts will do. A decent lineage should teach you to meditate, as well. My teacher learned aikido, before yoga
>>
>>17703381
I used to reach stillmind easyly. Now while I shield me from outside from people somehow managed heavily intellectualise myself. And because some of recursive patterns those I recently recognize I exlude myself from animal side of mine. Now I understand. But also I understand that the mindset that I have right now is so occuppied. So what I need right now more of consuptive kind of bodywork. At least until I explore again that primal self once again. Than I may direct myself yoga. (Hatha obviously)
>>
>>17703428
And now come to think of, hatha and breathwork easily support other trainings. Other than that boxing only genuine option for right now.
>>
>>17703337
Not being able to understand difficult mathematics cannot be likened to sigil work. With the latter the mechanics are straightforward and should work universally (if they do work at all)
>>
>this and that yoga
just meditate and invoke anime characters lmao
>>
>>17702867
personally I find magick's nature to be very coincidental which is probably why scientific world dismisses occultism
>>
Friendly reminder that spiritualist tendencies about became a Godhead is in real just imprison your manyself to one being/doing position. Mutation will be enough.
>>
>>17704750
the worst thing is that you actually believe this is what chaos magick is about...
>>
>>17705181
it is for me and my practice, but perhaps you can enligten me with your own understanding
>>
If you had to pick one and only one book for Yoga to study and practice solo, which would it be?

Trying to decide ... I have no idea what is good. I'm down for a training video, a book, whatever. I cannot however find a "guru" or anyone practicing anything close to "real" yoga where I live (podunk southern USA town).
>>
>>17705352
raja yoga by swami vivekananda
>>
>>17705352
>If you had to pick one and only one book for Yoga to study and practice solo, which would it be?
light on yoga by Iyengar for all the basic asanas.

Ignore >>17705375. This guy is a retard and Raja Yoga is worthless. Physical asanas are absolutely necessary and nothing compares.
>>
>>17705352
>If you had to pick one and only one book for Yoga to study and practice solo, which would it be?

Since there are multiple kinds of yoga, that's not possible. If you mean hatha, Sivananda Compamion to Yoga, is pretty good. If you mean raja, then you should probably read multiple translations of Patanjali.

No simple answer, here.

>>17705389

kek
>>
>>17705389
>Thinks raja yoga doesn't have anything to do with asanas
At least pretend to read the book before posting stupid shit, otherwise you're just going to get put down by people who actually know what they're talking about.
>>
>>17705389
>Iyengar
Your opinion is now discarded. Please leave.
>>
>>17702307
>>17702163
Manual of Insight by Mahasi Sayadaw, released yesterday:

https://mega.nz/#!msg31brS!AiwJDeGQ2QKkaKcQ4iFpgTdFMDAG8M29x9f6pZvTZis

Granddaddy of the vipassana movement. Get it while it's hot folks. Going down later.
>>
>>17700935
b-but desu senpai, Shiva has the biggest willy!

HARA HARA MAHADEV!

Honestly, krishna is a small faggot, who should eat some shit and grow up. He OD'd on tranny hormones, and now insists that the gaudiyas forget who they are through chanting so they can become jolly little mental trannies too :^)

honestly i miss /omg/, i have to stay and shitpost here for a while
>>
>>17705389
Yeah, lyengar, and your local fitness place yoga teacher sure give great yoga advices. Make sure to supplement with crossfit for maximal spiritual growth.

>>17705375
Actually good advice/10, glad to see somone who isnt a fucking idiot.

>>17702136
Krishna can suck a dick together with his mythical harem, i helped ape gather a chunk of the eastern canons, krishna-faggotry included. By Mahakala's grace if you wish for formalities, by my whiskey bottles blessing if you wish for realities.

>>17702020
good advice/10, no pranayam without yama, no yama without niyama and... fuck i forgot the rest. PATANJALIS YOGA SUTRA MOTHERFUCKERS

>>17701934
zazen- yeah
ashtanga- youre an idiot, an hero

>>17700687
lol. In all truth though, you are semi-right. Reading every book in the world about yoga is a waste of time. So is learning cobra breath. Even practicing cobra breath for millions of years is a waste of fucking time. What you need is a guru - and for this you need to read or hear maybe one sentence in every true book or teaching about yoga. No guru - no gain, or no pain no gain... either way, whiskey is the way.
>>17700623
THANK YOU. somone who is sober enough to see

god this felt good.
>>
>>17706211
>good advice/10, no pranayam without yama, no yama without niyama and... fuck i forgot the rest.

Manic phase?
>>
File: 00-0.jpg (510KB, 1025x1600px) Image search: [Google]
00-0.jpg
510KB, 1025x1600px
>>17702163
Could I request Calcidius on Demons, by J. Den Boeft?
>>
>>17706211
>Even practicing cobra breath for millions of years is a waste of fucking time.
Confirmed for retard.

Cobra breath is the best way to raise energy up the spine and if you weren't a dipshit, you would know that. Try it before you bash it.
>>
>>17706443
No, just drunk in samadhi

>>17706628
>what is a guru
without a guru theres no spiritual growth.
>>
>>17706668
The eternal question is whether the guru must be physical.
>>
File: high priestess.jpg (866KB, 1280x1826px) Image search: [Google]
high priestess.jpg
866KB, 1280x1826px
When does symbolism cease to be esoteric? On the one hand, things like the Waite-Smith deck or Ganapati are dripping in esoteric symbolism and yet it's blatantly out there. The meaning of individual symbols may or may not be occluded, but the presentation itself has none of the metaphorical occlusion that more traditionally occult shit possesses.
>>
>>17706668
>without a guru theres no spiritual growth.
Obviously bullshit, but hey it's your life you go ahead and spend it sucking on another dude's cock. It's like saying that a seed needs to be around a tree to grow.
>>
>>17706713
>posting mai waifu
Anyway I think that's why most people are making another pass with aesthesis at this point; if the occlusion is at the lower strata then the idea is to then create a medium through which inherent occlusion is limited and/or mitigated via serious and hard looks at notions like broad context.

In short, the presentation's more important than the specific apprehension...indeed nobody comes to cultural or personal apprehension without presentation.

>>17706718
He's right.
>Brotip: A guru need not be someone bathing daily in the Ganges (it helps, but that's another story),

A guru is simply one, that you trust inherently and devotedly, who has trod the paths you have with enough insights gained to guide others.

>>17706682
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Who initiated the first Kaula?
>Shiva
Sit and stew on that for a while until you get your cognition revving.

>>17706462
Mebbe, my backlog's ALMOST sorted.
>>
>>17706779
I think the reception is more important than the presentation, with aesthesis being that which improves reception. The inherent occlusion is a feature, not a bug and reflective of the intuitive processes practice is intended to stimulate and act through.

That is, by removing the occluded elements and making the bateleur into a magician, the meaning shifts from direct apprehension into petty intellectualization. He is rife with occluded symbolism but not himself occluded.

I came to this working my own aesthesis and found that outward sincerity in imagery makes my viscera recoil. By being intentionally inaccurate, it remains in the realm of representation and serves its purpose rather than becoming simulation, a signifier masquerading as signified. Or maybe I'm just a hipster and can only exist through irony, which is still somehow more sincere than actually being sincere solely by the fact that there is no express expectation of sincerity in the act.
>>
>>17706779
>A guru is simply one, that you trust inherently and devotedly
I don't trust my own mother like that why the fuck would you trust another dude like this, it's literally asking to be buttfucked. Then when it happens don't go wash away your tears in the ganges, take it like a man.
>>
>>17706815
Yoga, in general, is a huge blind for magicians. It has all the promises of what occultists find interesting, when, in reality, it's an idiotic waste of time.
>>
>>17706847
So what, specifically, is a waste of time unique to each individual practice under the blanket of yoga?
>>
>>17706847
Man I like yoga, and you know a lot of things require teachers, people more experienced that teach you the ropes and correct you and such, but a guru is such a gay fucking concept, basically it's an overblow teacher student relationship where you willingly give up a part of yourself to someone that isn't you so you can get a better understanding of whatever, thing is his understanding is not your understanding and can never be, you are yourself and you can't learn how to be yourself through someone else. And another thing, the more you feel like you're learning from this person the farther away from yourself you are getting.
>>
>>17706814
I think presentation is only in the field of the apprehender; I can do everything I can to facilitate apprehension but there's a mutual exchange going on here.

Not everyone who passes through an exhibit on dank Roman marble hunks of aesthetica is going to have an earth shattering epiphany...others are.

Facilitating the life experience up that point of apprehension that spurs apprehension's the bitch.

Webm INFINITELY related.

http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1462543622698.webm
>>
>>17706895
This is why things like:
>Trust
>Ethics
>Seeking second opinions and dissenting voices
>Self reflection
>critical judgement
>etc.
Are critically important.
>>
>>17706895

Have you been in such a relationship and, if not, why should we value your opinion more than those who have?
>>
File: kokuzo-tokyo-national-museum.jpg (123KB, 500x682px) Image search: [Google]
kokuzo-tokyo-national-museum.jpg
123KB, 500x682px
>>17706899
Exactly. What I was saying is that returning occult symbolism to an actual occult position frees it from the dangers of intellectualization and makes it more effective. Otherwise you trivialize the objects of value in the representation.

That is what I see coming from the æsthetic movement. They want to get at what in an object relates to the core of their subject in order to better understand it and the flavor and presentation of most occultism fails to scratch at it. I see it as a motion towards a very rustic intuitive process more in line with the origins of most practices that had appropriated exoteric symbolism and imbued it with esoteric meaning, only to be at the state we are now where the esoteric meaning is made explicit.

Where blue skinned meditational deities purveying wisdom are all well and good in what their intended purpose is for most, I enjoy a syncretism with other hermetic figures such as ganapati with the facade of another edgy gnostic wandering star to harmonize with my inner æsthesis and better grasp the nondual nature of all things.

Thus as we meme at each other, our intent is purer and more directly understood because the implied meaning of the meme and its constituent referents are never directly stated, yet what is imparted is clear as day.

http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1462757316526.webm
>>
>>17706462
oh, heck yeah
>>17706779
>Mebbe, my backlog's ALMOST sorted.
if you don't mind requests, i'd love downloads of the pritzker editions of the Zohar, I'm sure others would too. Thanks again for the library
>>
>>17706779
>Anyway I think that's why most people are making another pass with aesthesis at this point; if the occlusion is at the lower strata then the idea is to then create a medium through which inherent occlusion is limited and/or mitigated via serious and hard looks at notions like broad context.
>In short, the presentation's more important than the specific apprehension...indeed nobody comes to cultural or personal apprehension without presentation.
what theorists influence this line of thinking?
>>
>>17706211
>Ashtanga
I don't know anything about it. What is it and why do you think it is stupid?
>>
>>17706975
there are lots of people who accepted others as guru's and were mistreated, or simply wasted their time and have reported that fact.
>>
>>17707292
This is why a guru must be tested according to vedic injunctions.
>>
>>17706779
>Anyway I think that's why most people are making another pass with aesthesis at this point; if the occlusion is at the lower strata then the idea is to then create a medium through which inherent occlusion is limited and/or mitigated via serious and hard looks at notions like broad context.

Well that was a load of shit
>>
>>17707292
Don't pick a shitty guru. There are plenty of scriptural excepts that can be dug up to point out how a guru should be tested before accepting them as such.
>>
>>17707271
Abhinavagupta, Schiller, Nietzsche, other aestheticits.
>>
File: file.png (89KB, 694x639px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
89KB, 694x639px
>>17707454
And not knowing Ape at all, Chumbley if I had to make an æsthetic guess. The man had some very interesting shit to say on the topic.
>>
which discipline of magick/the occult is most centered around self improvement?
>>
>>17707542
Depends on what you mean by self improvement.
>>
>>17707555
nothing in terms of like growing 4 inches taller or becoming incredibly seductive to the opposite sex. But things like the ability to focus intently, to be more calm in your emotions, to have greater will power, etc.
>>
>>17707570
classical yoga
classical buddhism
vedanta
shiva not krishna
>>
>>17707576
cool thanks
>>
>>17707633
there are also western occult traditions that might have the effects youre looking for but some of them can be contrived and overly complex, especially the more symbolically ritualistic tendencies related to freemasons, hermeticists, and other initiatory bodies of knowledge. if youre more inclined towards that type of experience, then by all means.

ultimately, a vast majority of occult traditions have the same sort of goals in mind, they just have different ways of "getting there".
>>
>>17707570
christian mysticism
>>
Should I begin reading gnostic texts with The Nag Hammadi Scriptures or The Gnostic Bible or..?
>>
Is Prometheus Rising worth reading?
>>
>>17709493
It's not a bad read if you have never considered how much programming contemporary culture has on the populace.
>>
>>17709493
Yes.
All this bullshit is too much in this thread. Overly complicated systems only exist to give false enhanced meaning to ritual. I'm looking at you astrology/yoga/kabbalah.

Can I do magic without all the complication?

Also my phone and Kindle are shit for reading pdf scans. Any recommendations?
>>
>>17709523
> false enhanced meaning to ritual
I'm inclined to disagree.
>Any recommendations?
Yes, buy books.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1456502251897.jpg (19KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1456502251897.jpg
19KB, 360x360px
>>17709526
>Spending money on books
Hahahahahahahahaha
Check out this idiot.
>>
>>17706815
HARA HARA MAHADEV!

How can you fully trust god with your own life and soul if you cant trust a guy? As was said once by Kalu Rinpoche, its better to devote yourself to a guru you know is false, than to break that vow of devotion.
>>
>>17707292

Curiously, not what I asked.

>>17709351
>>17709493

Yes.

>>17709523

Incorrect.
>>
File: 8581736.png (20KB, 669x542px) Image search: [Google]
8581736.png
20KB, 669x542px
>>17709754
>Oh shit he said I was incorrect fuck me what an architect of argument
>>
>>17709493
yes but try not to take it to seriously, he wanders into quantum mysticism and witchcraft a few times

>>17709523
you're dismissing things as false simply because you've never taken the time to understand them. That is a massive fallacy and condemns you to pretty much being stuck with sigil and energy work alone.

If you can't read pdfs get the mobi or pub versions.

>>17709551
>>17709920
you're kind of an ass
>>
Is there any book that can help me with pyrokinesis? Also, is there anything for Levitation, maybe?
Do you think it's possible or is beyond the scope of magick?
>>
>>17710695
i'd say that's beyond the scope of magic
>>
>>17710700
If magick could actually manipulate reality, why does it only result in minor alterations that could be attributed to coincidence? Why the fuck can't you shoot fire out of your hands
>>
>>17710714
i highly doubt that magic can "manipulate reality" -- it seems more like magic can manipulate consciousness both your own and others'
>>
>>17703519
Thats a retarded statement, lurk more, read more whatever.

All magic work depends on the one doing it. Its the intention and the inner alignment, energy levels and other factors that matter. The sigils or whatever else are just tools for attention focus.

The principle is universal, insert code in to subconcious/nagual/whatever you want to call it , it creates a thoughform that manifests. But the thoughform depends on the clarity of your intent- have a bit of a subconscious doubt? Nope. Not enough energy for it to "stick"? Nope. Did not really concentrate and release it in the shallow level, instead of connecting with the deeper levels? Nope.

Its more complex than that, if it was not complex every 16yr old chaos magician would be a king.
>>
>>17710766
You can take all of these things into account (inner alignment, energy levels and other factors) but they still won't work. Grow the fuck up
>>
>>17710809
Even as a chaos magician I am inclined to agree with you. Some random thoughtform you make up when stoned will not have the power and wisdom of ancient thoughtforms that have been in and around our consciousness for thousands of years.
>>
what's the recommended reading/initiatory book for Chaos Magick?
>>
File: Mai.jpg (261KB, 1075x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Mai.jpg
261KB, 1075x1600px
'Sup, guys.

Please, the Guru is the most important gift we could receive in this life of ours. With a Guru, how can we fail? If you still don't know or are not connected to your Guru, pay obeisances to Lord Shiva or Sri Krishna. Both of them surely will help you since they're the first (and only) Guru in the end.
>>
I read the ch.1 (I think, or was it the intro?) of Kali Kaula and it was one of the best things I've read in a long time. The one the author tells us the story of how Shiva and Parvati met. But I couldn't go further in the book, I think I'm more myth kind of oriented when it comes to understand things. Or maybe a kind of philosophy narrated in a story as Plato did. Well, I want to read more about the east religions in that way, what book should I look for? (Specially if it involves Shiva and Parvarti.)
>>
>>17710714
>why does it only result in minor alterations that could be attributed to coincidence?
Because most people have weak, pathetic Souls without the energy to manifest anything. Most "occultists" are thelecucks or kabbalists and don't do anything to empower their Souls.

It's like weightlifting. Your Soul needs to be significantly strengthened before you can perform feats of spiritual strength.
>>
http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/1611_John-Chapter-1/

Whoever reads these words, this will be the first day of the rest of their life.
>>
>>17711427
>king james version
>not eastern orthodox bible version
pls seek christ's forgiveness
>>
>>17711190
The vedas. Upanishads. bhavagad gita if you stay out of ISKCON. Shiva specific, there are tons of puranas and various stuff.

Oh yeah, best is probably the vijanabhairava tantra. That would be my guess as to most like what you are looking for.

This is a thing I was going to bring up earlier, how many practices have an exoteric mythology that has either been the face of esoteric practice, or had an esoteric practice spring from the mythology and symbolism.

The problem with going at it through myth and fable is that it is grossly incomplete when it comes to indian shit as most of these fuckers wrote massive treatises filled with very dense philosophy. You need both to understand either.
>>
>>17711510
To the faggot who recommended this book, you're pretty okay.

[spoiler]Don't go to class tomorrow.[/spoiler]
>>
>>17709551
Someone has to buy those books to scan.
>>
>>17699171
is that one of Zdzislaw Beksiński's paintings ?
>>
File: 1416534177722.jpg (172KB, 600x834px) Image search: [Google]
1416534177722.jpg
172KB, 600x834px
>>17711710
Having been the one that posted it, I'm fairly certain it is.
>>
>>17711660
Might have been me. Thanks senpal
>>
>>17711112
Liber Null.
About 2 seconds of Google would have told you that.
>>
How can I create or deepen a person's attraction to me? Especially if we are not that close yet or currently?
>>
>>17712147
With your own good merits. Don't be a dumbass
>>
How can I create or deepen a person's attraction to me? Especially if we are not that close yet or currently?
>>
>>17712155
I'm obviously good at the dumbask thing
>>
>>17711354
and i suppose you shoot lightning out of your ass?
>>
anyone remember that frater z cuck that claimed to be able to have performed a kamehameha?
>>
>implying the fact that i’m an ascended master occultist isn’t even more impressive to your GF than the fact that i have a 9 inch dick
>>
non-occultists are fucking cucks

brb casting a love spell on your bitch
>>
who here has fucked somebodies bitch because of their magick?
>>
>>17712277
If by magic you mean lots of charisma and an unhealthy attitude towards other people, then yes. I did a friends girlfriend on his birthday in and on his car. And then I kinda wrecked his car by jumping on it repeatedly
>>
>>17712307

With your trip I really am not inclined to believe anything you say. But if that's true you're a fucking asshole and I hope one of these days you evoke something that'll tear you a new asshole.
>>
>>17712374
It's an ironic trip. What if the father of lies wasn't a liar? And yes, I am an asshole, and yes, I met shit that tore me a new one.
>>
>>17712307
did she tell you that your dicks bigger than his?
>>
>>17712307
>a friends
>fucked his girl
>on his birthday
>in his car
>then wrecked it

I LOLd
>>
How would you guys start approaching Tiferet?
>>
>>17705133
Que?
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 191x264px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 191x264px
>>17705352
Even a derpy flow spandexy female dominated class will be pretty good to make sure you are on the right track physically. At least for the basics.

If you're anxious, just know that everyone's there to practice just like you. Put your mat in the front or on the side so people know your serious and not being a creep.
>>
>>17710714
>If magick could actually manipulate reality, why does it only result in minor alterations that could be attributed to coincidence?

Maybe you should invest more time and energy into your work?

>>17711105

Pretty much.

>>17711354

kek

>>17712617

From Malkuth.
>>
>>17702320
If you have to ask, why would I tell you?
I gain nothing from talking about myself
But from listening to others I gain everything
>>
File: 1459224179955.jpg (551KB, 900x1391px) Image search: [Google]
1459224179955.jpg
551KB, 900x1391px
Why does Chaos current seem so cool and awesome but it's just a psychological model?

I want crazy experiences but everything I've done had been really tame.

How do I ROCKET LAUNCH myself into magick? Which rituals or currents will totally slam my nuts to a wall?
>>
>>17705352
Listen to Ram Dass on youtube for very good yoga knowledge
or Alan Watts or Eckhart Tolle
>>
>>17713425
do psychedelics. >2.5g of mush or try DMT, LSD, try new thing. Spend time in nature and you will see and do magic.

I'm being serious
>>
>>17713430
Can't find them anywhere. Tried growing some but didn't have a place to hide then so I trashed all the stuff. Fug.
>>
>>17713430
>Finally admits magic is just drugs

Finally. You can't have any crazy experiences with magic because it's a load of shit. Everyone knows this.
>>
>>17713445
>finally
that was my first post in the thread mate lol.
FYI spiritual experience and chaos psychomagic and whatnot is not at all just drugs. Psychoactives act as a catalyst for your brain in such endeavors, for obvious reasons (mind expansion, consciousness alteration, tuning to different channels)
You can feel the aliveness of plants and the story-tellingness of the sky even if you haven't taken mush, but drugs help you disregard your cultural filters.

Magic is when you feel the flow of things in the universe and when you can dance with it. If you walk down a street and it's the street you waled with your first girlfriend 10 years ago, then this street has a magic significance different than other streets on the map.

>>17713439
You just need to know one guy, who knows one guy... etc. Once you find someone with a plug for mush it's really not that expensive. Weed people often know coke people or mush people etc. the other ones I listed might be harder to find lol.
>>
>>17713458
>Magic is when you feel the flow of things in the universe and when you can dance with it.
t. retard who smokes dope and thinks he does magick

Magick is the application of the Soul. People have to realize that the Soul is a very tangible thing. You can feel and see it with practice, at which point you can take a totally scientific approach to understanding it.
>>
File: 1455343524715.jpg (49KB, 330x479px) Image search: [Google]
1455343524715.jpg
49KB, 330x479px
>>17713465
>denies self and relation of self o the universe
>thinks magic will come from science
>"drugs are stupid"
>>
These are the threads I like the most
I save them to my laptop

When read my first book on this path, Menneskets Åndelige Rejse (eng. Mans spiritual journey), a book about reincarnation and eternal life, I hadn't given second thought on the books mentions of this being a minor introduction into the occult. Something triggered in me a desire to transcribe the book through my second reading and establish a physical and digital library of my many books to come. It was so strong that I still to this very day feel an urge to become an archivist and devote the work of my life to be the gathering and sharing of data and information regarding the occult and many other things. I haven't really gotten far yet but I must admit, that seeing the libraries of yours gives me a kind of hope and inspiration. I have decided to read through and use them as a start of my dream to become more and more capable within the occult until I can afford a new computer for better word processing capabilites. This setup lags when I reach 15-18k words hindering my progress with spellcheck and such. It's not just a cat poster, I believe it to be 100% real, due to what I have experienced during my brief while here on earth.

It just seemed like a good time in the thread to pop in and say "hi, I'm lurking and here's why." I hope to see more of this kind of approach on this board.

Now I'll go back to lurking and maybe reply if someone responds to this. Still I don't really see the need to respond to it, but hey it's a somewhat free world.
Have a nice weekend
>>
>>17713554
>Something triggered in me a desire to transcribe the book through my second reading and establish a physical and digital library of my many books to come.

What I meant to say by this was that I find it curious and funny how this seems to be a general thing regarding the occult, like a spirit of knowledge or something within us.
>>
>>17700698
Well you don't believe in magic then?
Seems like you've misplaced yourself then
>>
>>17702867
because physical reality is a symbolic representation
>>
>>17713428
Ram dass should get rammed in the ass by a ram. Eckart tolle is a hack. Alan watts is OK but mostly superficial.
>>
Paulo Coelho - The Alchimist
>>
>>17713648
Meditation is not magic. It never has been and never will be.
>>
I wished to cast a love spell on someone but i heard that if you're too attached on the person thats being cast upon so that means that someone with no feelings towards that person has to cast it? or how does it work? how can i make it work? help pls :(
>>
File: 1462905928904.jpg (53KB, 478x640px) Image search: [Google]
1462905928904.jpg
53KB, 478x640px
>>17715220
There is only one worthy of love. Worship her.
>>
>>17715240
eh im serious guys :(
>>
Why does magic follow rules such as sigils and what have you?

I'm a Native American and I don't know much about supposed magic in other cultures.
>>
>>17715821
The western esoteric tradition is so fractured that you'll see a lot of the same or similar practices with different explanations. In a more traditional sense sigil is latin for signature, so using a spirits sigil you could call or command the spirit to do your bidding. In terms of chaos magick the subconscious is supposed to program reality, or some silly shit like that, so sigils are supposed to be a way to program your subconscious.
>>
>>17715165
Everything is magic
Magic as in ability to alter reality. Reality must then abide by "laws of magic" and be magical themselves.

which basically suggests that everything we are, think feel and do is as much magical as it is contained within the realm of reality.

Believe. It's not something you can decide to do, because you always do it. You always believe something. And in my opinion reality dictates belief systems, but I see it as being equally as much the other way around. And everybody believes something at their core and that it what they know for themselves to be "true" it's aligned with their truth. Clearly their internal belief is what drives their external reality. IF you don't believe meditation is magical, then you're acting in a way which you believe to be false or nonmagical in nature, therefore generating the perceived reality to fit with that belief.

We're talking about actually bending the universe to your will, albeit in a much smaller scale relative to the cosmos, but still. And you're sticking to the "fact" that meditation has no magical aspects whatsoever.

Everything is a magical occurrence. Everything has magical aspects. You believe what you believe, you can't really do much else.
But now I told you about my life.

Of course I know nothing about your life other than some short sentence on the internet.
>>
>>17716875
>follow-up

It's waaaaaayyy easier to think of everything as being a computer system and software, if you're opposed to fairytale words.

Consciousness and physicality is just systems in a sense interacting with each other, which basically makes everything in existence it's own type of program. You do what you can do, you can't do anything else other than what's in your power. You can choose to use power to acquire more ability which would give you more power. Essentially upgrading yourself.

Flowers blossom. Animals follow their nature and humans are animals. We follow our nature and we're dictated by it, but it is within our nature to strive towards improvement, which basically allows for us to consciously improve our nature in this life instead of waiting millenia for evolution to do it for us.

Magic in a way is totally evolution. Intelligent life which uses their quantum brains towards improving the "intelligent realm
The physical is the motherboard, geometry is the code and the spiritual and mental realm are the programs, the entirety of it is the operating system. And as with computers in general, you can use them for any purpose and there is no right way or wrong way to use a computer. It's personal cosmos, for you
>>
File: champ-ref-mix.jpg (55KB, 749x360px) Image search: [Google]
champ-ref-mix.jpg
55KB, 749x360px
Not being a chicken legged pussyboi, how do I jam my heel into my perineum?
>>
>>17716916
Evolution is real.
Magic is not.
>>
>>17715165

Meditation is very useful in the practice of magic.

>>17717407

It's not hard. The relevant question is, Why?

>>17717419

Both are real enough.
>>
>>17717459
It doesn't reach and my knee doesn't dislocate that easily far as I've tried. My calves and thighs are so righteous that I just hover 2 inches away when I try.
>>
>>17717540

Do something else, then.
>>
>>17717459
Let's see some magic then. I'm sure this will finally be the thread where a REAL LIFE WIZARD shows all those skepticucks that magic is more than just autistic role-playing.
>>
>>17717548

Okay. What sort of tricks can you do?
>>
File: 61Cx5U7NOYL._SL1000_.jpg (126KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61Cx5U7NOYL._SL1000_.jpg
126KB, 1000x1000px
>>17717545
I need to open ganapati's gate and get the snake to rise. Do you have a better way of going about it?
>>
>>17717559

Sounds like you're kinda fucked. Maybe over-development was a bad choice?
>>
>>17717552
So you got nothing. How unpredictable!
>>
File: shining wizard.gif (895KB, 304x240px) Image search: [Google]
shining wizard.gif
895KB, 304x240px
>>17717569
I can kick down stopsigns and deliver a grorious shiningu wizardo. Gimped spiritual development was worth it. I'll just sit on an orange like I used to do when I ate a lot of oranges and fapped all the time. Thanks for nothing, enjoy your filter.
>>
>>17717581

kek

Stop signs tremble at his approach.

top kek
>>
A while ago I used my tarot deck to contact a friend of mine who passed away about a year ago. I succeeded, and our conversation was good. Still, I feel almost dreadful whenever I even think about tarot since then. Like the deck is holding a grudge or something. Hence I haven't used it since. What do, /x/?
>>
What is so special about Yoga exactly? Someone explain to me in simple terms what makes breathing and stretching so beneficial to occult pursuits.
>>
>>17717947
It gives you a power boost, and teaches control and discipline. It's also good for your body. But I 't know
>>
>>17717947
Yoga is much more than breathing and stretching.
>>
>>17717947

Breath control is important. For one, it's intimately linked to your emotions. Hatha, aside from numerous other benefits, helps you coordinate breath with movement.

The god-tier of yoga is raja yoga, which see.
>>
File: thrice_strong_facepalm.png (26KB, 487x380px) Image search: [Google]
thrice_strong_facepalm.png
26KB, 487x380px
>Checks occultism magic general

>50%+ of thread overrun with worshippers getting their panties in a bunch over which splinter of a major religion is better

>At some point worshippers are not content with gods but they also start gushing over gurus

The fail is strong with this thread.

Guys, try having some respect for your fucking selves.
>>
>>17718134
I'm aching to check the texts compilation at the OP though, sadly can't right now.
>>
How does one get started with rune magic?
>>
>>17718134
Filtered for total lack of reading comprehension.
>>
Can you guys help me with a doubt? I'm dealing with some inner barriers that I wish I could consciously avoid. But the thing is, I can't do that for now. By accident I came upon some videos on hypnosis, a dude doin' it like it was nothing. So I'm wondering if I could do self-hypnosis to "destroy" those barriers and how long would it normally take for one to learn how to do it?
>>
>>17717985
>The god-tier of yoga is raja yoga, which see.
From what I understand, raja Yoga is just meditation. Why then is it better than Hatha Yoga? Explain.
>>
>>17718581
You can force-pattern your mind to adjust to some arbitrary desire, but the underlying problem is still there, affecting your emotions in ways that you've closed off your awareness of. Suffice to say, trying to use hypnosis to force your mind to align with one thing will cause it to unalign from whatever it's currently on. If it's currently on sanity, then forcing it to realign will send you to insanity. That, or while the hypnosis is happening, your mind will be in the perfect state to realize why the doubt was/wasn't a real problem. Overall hypnosis only acts as a type of shortcut to meditation, and meditation is just a shortcut to facing whatever trouble you're dealing with.

TL;DR: Deal with it, faggot. Or avoid it and become a faggot. There is no third option when the problem rests solely in your mind.
>>
>>17718256
That's an entirely legitimate reason and I thank him for it.

My opinion on the first half of this thread does stay the same.
>>
>>17718810

Your understanding seems a bit shallow. Which translation of Patanjali did you read?
>>
>>17719093
>Patanjali
I guess you're a retard. I'm asking you why just meditation is better than Asanas + meditation and you tell me to read Patanjali.

Again, what is unique and useful in Raja Yoga that I can't find in Hatha?
>>
>>17719754
I don't think you deserve to have the answer if you're going to remain ignorant about the matter, instead of searching for the answer yourself, if you actually cared. Nice bait though.
>>
>>17719969
>you're just ignorant
From what I've read, there is no actual system of "Raja Yoga" like there is Hatha or Ashtanga. It's a meaningless term that sounds nice. Some people use it to just mean meditation, probably because "Raja" sounds more legit than mundane meditation.

It's bullshit, all in all.
>>
File: star_wars_q2.jpg (31KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
star_wars_q2.jpg
31KB, 400x300px
>>17720115
>>
Most of you probably wont dig this, but what spells or methode can I use to create love and a closer relationship between me and a certain girl?
>>
File: 1359612183882.jpg (74KB, 444x709px) Image search: [Google]
1359612183882.jpg
74KB, 444x709px
Could any anons give some quick advice on using an Ouija board correctly?
>>
>>17720619
Ouija board don't real, go ghost hunting.
>>
>>17720585
If you're willing to magic up feelings inside her I'd say you're being selfish af., you don't care about her and you have unhealthy feelings you should get rid of.

Why not try to magic for someone new popping into your life? Someone able to spontaneously love you and whose feelings you can reciprocate?
>>
>>17720681

Eh no. It's mostly a matter of environment and misunderstanding. There's some third parties we're both concerned with. But I've been trying to nip problems in the bud before they start, and we have good chemistry

I'm going to have to stick with my initial request. What could work?
>>
anyone know where i can find potion recopies, and step by steps for rituals/spells?
im not looking for anything in particular, so i'll take what i can get.
>>
is any of this stuff actually real. can you prove more than "i felt something spiritual" like concrete physical proof. ive never had an encounter, and i would like more than anything right now to know that this not great society isn't the only thing out there.
>>
I'm looking for a spell to stop unwanted guests, can anyone help me?
>>
File: Mike-Tyson-in-Tyson-001.jpg (27KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Mike-Tyson-in-Tyson-001.jpg
27KB, 460x276px
>>17699171
Where's the best place in the mega (or elsewhere) to start for someone not wanting to get into indian/Buddhist stuff? I want to explore stuff relating to the Egyptian or Greek/Roman gods as they interest me the most.
>>
>>17721235
Electric barbed wire fence, a decent security system, a watchdog, and a Benelli M2 tactical.
>>
>>17719754
>I guess you're a retard

Looks like you're wrong again, little dude.

>>17720115

kek

>>17721231
>is any of this stuff actually real. can you prove more than "i felt something spiritual" like concrete physical proof.

It depend on how much effort you, personally, are willing to put into it. Expecting someone else to do it for you is childish.
>>
>>17721520
no, they are guests, can't shoot them, just want to stop them from coming over
>>
>>17721653
Ah, the dreaded in-laws. There is no other explanation, since other unwelcome people you can just ignore and don't open the door or shoot them with the pretense of shooting trespassers. In-laws are scarier than anything I've ever encountered. I can't help you.
>>
>>17721668
yeah, they are a real pain in the ass
>>
does love conquer all?
>>
>>17699171
Has anybody here build their own orgone accumulator?
>>
>>17721627
>kek
Nice argument. You Raja fanboys should reread Patanjali and realize that he used raja Yoga as a term for attainment and not as a separate Yoga system.
>>
>>17721993

It's the argument you deserved. If you wish to be taken seriously, you should comport yourself accordingly.
>>
>>17722015
Tell me where I'm wrong. My argument is that "Raja" Yoga has only historically ever been used as a fancy way to say dyanna and a state of success in dyanna.

If you say you practice Raja Yoga, that means you do meditation.
>>
>>17722140

You've claimed so much more than that. What point is there in discussing anything with anyone this childishly dishonest?
>>
File: clavem 8.jpg (771KB, 1948x1363px) Image search: [Google]
clavem 8.jpg
771KB, 1948x1363px
What is the difference between the false self and the real self?
>>
>>17722237
>What point is there
The truth, which you rajafags are unable to handle.

>>17722271
False self is yourself modified by all the karmic shit that muddies your Soul. Hence, burning of all of your karma liberates your true self.
>>
>>17722271
The real self is unconditioned, acausal. It is, regardless. To go any further and call it void or luminous merely confounds the fact that it ultimately beyond conjecture and description. The Creative Nothing at the heart of the Unique One that cannot be described.

The false, or conditioned self, the moving mind, is akin to the reflection in a mirror. It is not the mirror itself, comes from outside stimuli and is illusory by nature. It is not self, though arises from the same ground.
>>
>>17715240

What's the difference between the divine mother and the whore of babylon?

From what I've gathered one is the mother of spirit, while the other is the mother of ego. Idk something like that. Anyone with more experience of the divine mother binary?
>>
>>17722297

Good description.

It's a nothing but it's not complete nothingness, it is being. Not correcting you, but just adding that. I've seen a lot of people say that the absolute is complete nothingness, which is really quite retarded actually, because that's the opposite of being. I'm not talking about manifesting, but being. Its funny though because no matter what you say its just putting another limit on it. It is beyond thoughts, thats why its so hard to put into words haha. srsly though, good job, a lot more succinct than my post here.

>comes from outside stimuli and is illusory by nature

The false self is created by the real self. By how the real self internalizes its experiences. The ego is like an inflammation response of the real self. The real self becomes bottled up within the illusory self.
>>
>>17722303
My interpretation of the matter is that there is nondual All which, due to our egos and nature of our senses, is only grasped the fashion of a point on a linear binary scale or facet of a gem with an ostensibly unseeable structure; that is to say that we are generally limited to grasping either position or direction on a two, occasionally three dimensional plane.

Thus, All is One and these various 'emanations' are but Points in a greater Field and by coming to understand and experience the transgressive side it gives passage to grasping these binaries as an undifferentiated whole.

That didn't answer your question, but I've never been able to grok Thematic aesthetics enough to actually relate it to what I already know.
>>
>>17722335

may not have answered my question but it helped broaden my perspective. I've been really trying to move "beyond good and evil". I obviously don't want to involute into the abyss, but I also don't want to be one of those self righteous right hand pathers, on a perpetual positivity loop without ever realising God within themselves.

The true narrow path is what I'm seeking. Maybe I should stop seeking.

"seek and it shall be opened up to you"
-Jesus

I also know the buddha said something to the effect of "stop seeking and then enlightenment will find you"

Anyone ever been able to marry the truth of both of these?
>>
>>17722328
The 'nothingness' definition comes from intellectual understandings as opposed to direct experience. It's like children talking about just about anything. I can say it's Void or a Creative Nothing, but it takes a shared experience to know exactly what I mean by that. I can also be just as wrong.

What you're talking about nails it. It is Being, which the shaivists relate to something like pure Conscious Awareness. Shiva. The vajrayana school calls it Natural State or rigpa or something. Same idea. In relation to the illusory self, it is the mind seeing itself and not the things reflected in it as self. This also gives the clearest view of Manifestation. A thing reflecting itself into itself. Indra's Net. That relates closely to the tathagatagarbha sutra.
>>
>>17722372
I learned a lot from the Crooked Path. Chumbley has a definite left-hand leaning, but in actuality the majority of it is just edgy wicca with dark edgy shit used as a mask for better understanding of the greater whole. I was actually talking about it up the thread or in a previous one.

By occluding a thing, you are given a more sincere presentation of it. It's arguably the whole point of esoteric practice. The right-hand path has many shortcomings, and without doctrinal dickwaving, they are apparent in contrast to at least two other paths that aren't my own.

What I spy with my little eye is that there is a Lamp of our own creation always Guiding us along the Path. It is Guru, it is the Devil Hisself. It might be Ardhanarishvara or Ganesha. It is our model of the world, our dharma, and this Lamp is ever in front of us, whether we follow it or turn away. Yet it is ever distant, never quite within reach. On the one hand it can be a faithful Guide, on the other, a petulant child promising gnosis but itself incomplete, leading us astray. All we can do is clean and focus it by removing the cruft in how we reflect it within our mind, for the Lamp is what we reflect both inward and outward.

How we achieve unity with this meditational metaphor is the great question. Viewing such a Lamp as Guru or Opposer or God is irrelevant to the nondualist. The lesson granted is either intentional in the manner of the guru reflecting your current state, or an obstacle of some cosmic sadist to be overcome, or an obstacle placed by Yourself to reunite yourself with Yourself. Seeking and not seeking are the same thing, it's the direct experience of this fact that is hard to grasp because it is a thing that is ungraspbable yet that which we already hold.
>>
>>17722303
>What's the difference between the divine mother and the whore of babylon?

Depends on your frame of reference.

The ego is entailed by our physical existence. Doubtful you could get around well without one.

>>17722335

Pretty good.

>>17722509

Other than underlining, "of our own creation", I can add nothing of value. Well said.
>>
All of metaphysics is idle speculation. In the event that part of it isn't, it's impossible to be told from the part that is.

There are interesting reflections and beautiful words in the last few posts, but ultimately it's a hollow pursuit only valuable by the effects it has on oneself, with delusion and hubris being sadly paramount amongst them.
>>
>>17722614
This isn't metaphysics, this is psychology and phenomenology. It is the exact point at which we are able to perceive and the very study of those perceptions, their scope and limits.

Not to mention these threads are about comparative occult and religious practice. If you want to compare and contrast your own occult practices with the ones in this thread, feel free to. Otherwise, take your existential nihilist epistemology back to babby's first /lit/ thread before you get egg on your face.
>>
>>17722641

I'm almost shocked by what Chumbley has done for you, so far. Impressive.
>>
>>17722655
I was already balls deep into this shit before 4chan even existed. Chumbley is a contemporary. A much more realized one, but this particular flavor of aesthetic syncretics built from the bones of other practice and shaped by the aesthesis of obscure philosophy and actual goddamn science spanning millenia has been ascendant for like 20 years now. We may actually hit that nadir before long.

I've never actually worked anything from chumbley, we just share a lot of practical background. I didn't even know about him until last year. Reading azoetia has been like an alternate universe version of my own journals.
>>
Any Brits going to the Ritman Library's symposium in London next Saturday?

http://www.rosycross.foundation/
>>
>>17720585
Hoodoo
>>
>>17722641

I appreciate psychology (to an extent) and phenomenology. If you're so sure the distinction applies here, I'm willing to take your word for it.

Practice is fine. It is theory, which can be a volatile mix of ungrounded assumptions and wishful thinking what worries me, and I'm extremely wary of anything approaching metaphysics, by training.

I'm not saying the previous discussion here was such a mix, but I'm extremely suspicious of certain flavours of thinking *everywhere*

TL;DR: I study philosophy and I won't swallow certain trains of thought.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.