[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some of the best Lovecraftian mythos facts you know?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (117KB, 400x588px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 400x588px
What are some of the best Lovecraftian mythos facts you know?
>>
>>17696211
It's all fiction.
>>
Yuggoth is Pluto...maybe.
>>
God is real and wants to eat us.
>>
>>17696227
>It's all fiction.

Wow, Capt. Obvious wants /x/ to know he's on the job.
>>
>>17696275
Half of /x/ believes or wants to believe it's real.
>>
File: rtesrthdsthddfd.jpg (75KB, 640x298px) Image search: [Google]
rtesrthdsthddfd.jpg
75KB, 640x298px
>>17696289
I like the idea, but it seems a little depressing for me.
>>
>>17696289
>Desperately wants to appear knowing.
>>
>>17696312
In English please?
>>
>>17696353

he is calling you a tool, now are you faggots going to fight or nah?

if so post more lovecraft shit
>>
>>17696211
Lovecraft predicted the discovery of a new planet in our system. He depicted it as a huge dark world inhabited by sentient fungus. He called it Yuggoth. Years later Pluto was discovered wgich is an ice world significantly smaller than Earth, that presumably debunked his prediction...
Today we know that there is yet another celestial object beyond Pluto and that Pluto is influenced by its gravitacional pull. We no longer consider Pluto a planet but a mere planetoid or even a satelite. Of the object beyond it we know little. Only that it has an irregular pattern around the sun,that it is extremely dark and ten times larger than Earth. We call it planet X... Lovecraft called it Yuggoth.
>>
The bloop can be traced to the approximate location of Cthulhu. Let that one sink in.
>>
>>17697032
imagine it's real? spooky
>>
File: I, Cthulhu.png (418KB, 3032x1872px) Image search: [Google]
I, Cthulhu.png
418KB, 3032x1872px
>>17696211
>>
>>17696211
Humans were created by the ancient inhabitants of Antarctica, and our evolutionary rise was due to escaping the shoggoth into Africa.
The degradation of humanity was an allegory to desegregation/irish immigration and the farming towns he wrote about and hated so much were inspired by his welsh linage, which Lovecraft despised and feared.
https://radishmag.wordpress.com/2014/04/21/cosmic-horror/
>>
>>17697032
Your comment sent me on an adventure last night, researching the bloop (not at 16x speed). I also listened to some ice quake noises for comparison. Where as the two sounds can be considered similar...i'm pretty damn sure the bloop is NOT an ice quake. So...who knows maybe Cthulhu IS real!
>>
The ghoul that was once Robert Pickton is a chill ghoul, and will help you if you are also chill to him.

Also, be extremely nice to cats, always.
>>
>>17696678
He also believed that those things from Mountains of Madness (can't remember their name, so I'll refer to them as Space Autists) could somehow fly through the vacuum of space with giant bat wings, surgically blind FUCKING PENGUINS to use as servants and somehow build cyclopean masonry without hands or tools...
>>
>>17702017
Characters use human knowledge at the time to describe what they can't truely understand, common theme in his work.

Also, shoggoths were the slaves used in construction, the pinguins were just there.
>>
>>17697032
The bloop is Cthulhu sleep farts. FACT.
>>
>>17702017
>surgically blind
That was in no way specified in the story. Since the penguins inhabit the tunnels long after the demise of the Elder Things, the most logical conclusion is that they had naturally evolved to dwell in the cave system that lead to the subterranean ocean, thus becoming totally white and losing their eyes.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.