[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3301 // Where are we?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: cicada.jpg (31KB, 800x486px) Image search: [Google]
cicada.jpg
31KB, 800x486px
/x/, where are we in the progress of Cicada?

Libus Primus?

The Hash?

7 / 7 = ?
>>
>>17688885
thats what they're all saying
>>
File: outguess screenshot 05-13-2016.png (31KB, 563x349px) Image search: [Google]
outguess screenshot 05-13-2016.png
31KB, 563x349px
>>17688885
Most of us are still at Liber Primus.....

Some of us are at 3301.jpg or past it.

Heres the weird "3301.jpg":
http://i.cubeupload.com/ubTEBo.jpg

Some call the pic fake though. (but its mostly those who are still stuck at Liber Primus)
>>
3310 is very dissappointed with people teaming up to find out.
And I agree; the puzzle is for individuals only. Thus the puzzles are made for individuals capable of solving them. They are made to be solved by individual thinking.
Be strong and do it yourself.

Good luck.
>>
Any discord chats?
>>
>>17690822
How did you get outguess to work?
It closes for me instantly after I load the image
>>
>>17690822
Also pic doesn't seem to be fake, or someone took there time to dig into the past.
>>
>>17691331
Interesting part is if you change the .jpg into .mp3 it plays the 761(The Instar Emergence) music...
And from what I know you get that 3301.jpg file by a link from the pages, 53 of the 00-57 to the 4th page of the original 1-17 of Liber Primus, backwards, in hex string continuing(from page to page with only 3 characters each), both pages(53 and 4th) and the 3301.jpg have the same Cicada 3301 logo..
>>
>>17691479
Omg you helped me alot
I know what to do with the audio. I don't know how though. do you have a discord room I could join?
>>
>>17691479
>>17691318
I think you may have an answer there.

This is two files that are treated as one file by the puter (like those old jpg with hidden rars that used to be around. Iirc you only need it to have the jpg file header, and many other files are quite happy to have that load of crap at the start).

Anyway, it's probably crashing because the file is way bigger than what it expects.
>>
>>17691500
I think I know what to do, I'll share results with all of you guys as I don't have any clues (been out of the loop for almost half a year)
>>
>>17691492
Do what?
>>
>>17691510
clue in audio :)
>>
>>17691509
Look forward to seeing it.

I've only been looking at any of this in the last couple of weeks. So can anyone tell me Liber Primus suddenly totally solved now or is it worthwhile me fucking about with the middle pages?
>>
>>17691522
Ugh... I'm sorry for the hype build up, for nothing. I wasn't able to manage to get anything from this other then that I know it's encoded using LAME3.98.2 (wich is a very old version, ca 2008)

However I'll keep looking
>>
>>17691548
>I wasn't able to manage to get anything from this other then that I know it's encoded using LAME3.98.2 (wich is a very old version, ca 2008)
stick a pin in that information as it may prove to be useful. Don't lose heart. While I hunt down a copy of the 7/7 image are there any other files hidden away in there? I can't remember if .mp3s need the footer (I don't think they do) so that could even be stuck in the middle with the jpg at the beginning and other stuff at the end. File size could also be made to fit with this sort of technique
>>
>>17691572
open the .jpg the mp3 originates from in a text editor. All the information I got is bases of of that.

Sadly I'm not in a group ._.
>>
7 / 7 = ?
>>
>>17691580
Just join an irc or w/e

Is your file size 5x5x161033 bytes btw?
>>
>>17691749
>>17691580
What's all this [10:33] crap too? There's a 16:7 which is also with the 161033 factor of the file size. so you get 3301, 1033, 16 and 7 all linked plus some fun 5s
>>
>>17691749
sorry I can't be sure. No lobger at my pc.
I'll check tomorrow
>>17691767
I don't know but I think you are going the right direction with that.
>>
Cool, another conversation between the same 3 people on /x/ who still think cicada is even 0.1% relevant anymore.
>>
>>17691749
Size: 3.83 MB (4,025,825 bytes)
Size on disk: 3.83 MB (4,026,368 bytes)
(that's the mp3)
>>
go post in /sci/ or something you stupid retards this is not /x/ related at all
>>
>>17688885
7/7=1

Don't you dumb fucks get it?
>>
>>17691911
Let me explain to all of you out there... How many ones are there in seven? Seven. So how many sevens are there in seven??????

One!
>>
>>17691911
>>17691917

Don't bother. Have you read any of the other cicada threads?

They are, quite exhaustively, populated by mouth breathing retard pretentious blowhard children.
>>
>>17691961
Sadly I agree with you, however if you open the picture as a txt you'll see 7/7=?
>>
>>17691902
we have the same cluster size bruh

In fact it uses up a prime number of cluster sizes (983)

Time to keep looking
>>
>>17691991
I still wonder, did the outguess close itself becouse the password was invalid, or because the file was not what it thought it would be.

For now I realy don't know, I'll check it out tomorrow I guess.
>>
>>17692031
Looking at how outguess works (I assumed it was like my old dither steno tools from way back) it shouldn't matter, it should work on amy kind of data file. Tho it does have a secret sauce specially made for jpg

I tried an mp3 steno tool on it, and I think the error output is saying it can find what it thinks is steno data in there but the data is incomplete. It goes through the motions until the end at least and takes a massive dump of something.
>>
>>17692062
I used the Outguess reborn as this is a windows machine. No output files whatsoever.
>>
>>17692079
Try cygwin (it has to be the 32bit one afaik) to install outguess instead. Tho I'm fucking about with it currently and it's a pita
>>
>helping each other solve it
Enjoy your "too bad you helped each other we won't tell you shit" webpage at the end of the puzzles
>>
>>17692167
After looking into it a bit, some people gave up at an early message just before they did enforce individual work that didn't even say "too bad...etc"

Then some other people got salty after they made a tcp server but didn't make it say and do things.
>>
3301 is fucking obvious, how haven't you faggots figured it out yet? topkek
>>
File: e.jpg (9KB, 238x371px) Image search: [Google]
e.jpg
9KB, 238x371px
>>
bump?
Where are we on this?
>>
>>17688885
>The Hash?
The sister page to the pilgrim hash looks p solveable in quite a few places.

Somebody else must have noticed the different word lengths in that one. As for this thing, there are definite issues with the file, not least that outguess will only read the jpg bits (they take up like 10 or 15 kB so the amount of hidden data is meh). I can't get it to look at the file as an mp3 because it don't like it.

The other page with the cassiopeia looking shit (what else could that even be? There aren't that many things that are dots arranged like that but also meaningful), probs says at the end "An %???: ??? ?? ???"
% is a vowel sound. The last three words only have so many possibilities like Ham On Rye or some shit.
>>
>>17692219
>elliptic curves over R
>elliptic curves over any field that isn't algebraically closed or finite
For shame.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 236x305px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 236x305px
>>17688885
7/7=1.
Why the fuck is everyone finding this shit so hard?
>>
>>17694246
Sever no verse ever?

The mp3 file has something going on
>>
>>17688885
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.