[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 14

File: kosmicidemony.png (572KB, 598x540px) Image search: [Google]
kosmicidemony.png
572KB, 598x540px
Explain this.
>>
>>17680946
cool
>>
>>17680946
>>
>>17680946
>never having the pleasure of the prince on most high shitposting at length on this topic
>>
>>17680981
>>17680946
i watched a documentary about alister crowley, was very interesting, but that guy was just a psycho, he did some extremely "hardcore rituals" he even fucked a man for the purpose of invoking satan in the desert...he died like a piece of shit
>>
>>17681014
he kept pretending to be able to do so many things, like control people and stuff, but he just didn't WANNA...srsly?

for me that was just autism.

he wrote that shiitty book that became the satanists "bible" but all those "satanists" were just emo goth kids...
>>
File: image.jpg (160KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160KB, 1680x1050px
>>17680946
Explain what? It's called a meme. His comments and the alleged NC abduction are unrelated events.

>>17681023
>he wrote that shiitty book that became the satanists "bible" but all those "satanists" were just emo goth kids.

What book? Crowley wrote many books and was not a Satanist. What are you talking about?
>>
File: 5375652091_c3706a51d4.jpg (152KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
5375652091_c3706a51d4.jpg
152KB, 500x366px
>>17681014
>just a psycho
Funny he was never institutionalized and continued publishing coherent material until shortly before his death.

>he did some extremely "hardcore rituals"
Looks like Bartzabel/Paris Working is about as "hardcore" as AC gets, really.

>he even fucked a man for the purpose of invoking satan in the desert
>Choronzon
>Satan
Pick one.

>he died like a piece of shit
At Netherwood in Hastings, pic related, of which he had the upper half of to himself, found with a strongbox stuffed with cash under his bed?

Yeah, no, TOTALLY looks more hellish than dying in a sterile white hospital room while nurses who don't know your name scurry about like rats.

>he wrote that shiitty book that became the satanists "bible"
Thelema is not Satanism, and it's a central doctrinal text, if you wanna get technical the Thelemic Bible would consist of all Class A documents.

>>17681103
>What are you talking about?
People just regurgitate whatever meme they heard in passing, adding their own flavors of BS as they go, rather than taking the five minutes it takes to skim his wiki article.
>>
>>17681014
Be wary, for he will come back to HAUNT you and your family!
>>
File: 1462925157828.jpg (38KB, 589x399px) Image search: [Google]
1462925157828.jpg
38KB, 589x399px
>>17680972
>>
>>17681113
Thelema is satanism.
Its goal is to become a god and this is pure satanism. Of course you wont achieve this by their methods anyways. The only way to become god is gaining a karma right for it, but its still conditioned existence and it will end when your god karma will vanish.
>>
>>17680946
You do realuze I've covered this before on my show /x/?
>>
>>17681129
>Thelema is Satanism
No, it' isn't.
~t. thelemite.

>the goal is to become a God
No, it's not. Have you actually read through doctrines around and after Magister Templi?
>>
File: alien_on_computer.jpg (8KB, 150x226px) Image search: [Google]
alien_on_computer.jpg
8KB, 150x226px
>>17680946
Well, in various mythologies, you'll often find beings with hypertrophied body parts, such as feet (Monopods), eye (Cyclops), head (OP's pic), benis (Priape), whatever...
It's only natural that some products of the imagination are based on variations of the human body.
The head being highly symbolic, no wonder beings with big heads are found, coincidentally, in several beliefs.
>>
>>17681129
Lol, but it isn't Satanism.. if anything it is just him trying to get you to realize your true capabilities as a human, instead of living a life full of restraints for fear of some bs.. Do as thou wilt that is the whole of the law, basically he is just asking you to be yourself, love yourself, and live to your fullest.
>>
>>17681113
>Funny he was never institutionalized
If you read the Mask of Sanity, one of or the (I forget) first book to put forward psychopathy and sociopathy as things talks in depth about psychopaths managing to not be institutionalised. In fact that's really one of the key points behind creating the diagnosis: they only seem at a given time to be operating as normal people but their behaviour as a whole over time would suggest they need psychiatric help/treatment.
>>
>>17681155
So he was insane for fucking a man? Or he was insane for pushing himself to the edges of his emotions in order to prove to himself that they weren't as binding as some believe? He was quite a smart man who may have done some questionable things.. A psychotic man he was not though.
>>
>>17681149
im the guy who said its satanism, IT IS SATANISM, the cult of the self, poeople who believe that they are their own god? I mean how this is not satanism?
>>
>>17681179
>IT IS SATANISM
I'm the guy who assembled the first digitization of the unpublished Yorke Microfilms of the Warburg Institute.

Please direct me to the roll of film that supports your interpretation of the doctrine.

>the cult of the self
?
It's the cult of Ra-Hoor-Khuit, if anything. Possibly Babalon and χαος, depending on how you wanna parse the metaphysics.

>who believe that they are their own god
Huh, wonder why Crowley wrote so much about Godforms, and repeated, constantly, at length, that the HGA is NOT an aspect of ""higher --self--" as indicated in Magick Without Tears.

You sound hilariously ill informed.
>>
>>17681194
dude I respect you, and your work, but why would I bother reading his shit seriously?

here is the link to the documentary I watched : could be interesting to give us your point of view, since I don't know anything about his philosophy :

>here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsm6WI5i7p0

for me he sounded more like a charles manson, a psychopath, he manipulated people, and had a group of groupies ready to do anything he in his mansion. foer me he is like any other sectary cult. he was a psychotic guru.
>>
>>17681213
And you believe that slander that others say?
>>
>>17681213
>my point of view
Sensationalist garbage assembled by a team who knows functionally little about Thelema.

>for me he sounded more like a charles manson, a psychopath, he manipulated people, and had a group of groupies ready to do anything he in his mansion
Funny how scary music and hostile interviewees can do that.

Hell that three hour "Great Beast" documentary was better, even if they overblew his homolust (I mean, dude had fuckin' kids and multiple stable relationships punctuated by trysts with women who had personalities as volatile as his own).

Read some biographies on the dude of you want a picture of his life, preferably as many as possible standardized against his diaries so you can approach something like truth.

>why would you bother reading his shit seriously
Oh, I dunno, comparative synchretic religion and his almost encyclopedic knowledge of literature and philosophy leading to commentaries on everything from Ferdowsi to Bernard Shaw?
>>
>>17681231
I'm pretty sure that crawley guy would have enjoyed the fuck out of 4chan/x
>>
File: magicalmystery.jpg (1MB, 2498x2498px) Image search: [Google]
magicalmystery.jpg
1MB, 2498x2498px
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 269x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 269x200px
>>17681167
Read Diary of a Drug Fiend (by AC). Then get back to us.

>>17681179
Satanism... Explain. Hermetic Kabbalah is about understanding God and a person's relationship to it. How is this Satanic?

Crowley was considered a charlatan by scholars (re: actual academics who publish peer reviewed scholarly works on the Kabbalah) but he wasn't a Satanist. His academic research techniques were comical at best, but that doesn't make him a Satanist.

Don't most religious philosophies attempt to understand the Godhead and man's relationship to it? Just because his rituals and practices were questionable, doesn't make him a Satanist.

Bear with me. Christians attempt to understand God and their relationship to It. Christian rituals include symbolic ritual canabalism (Communian). This does not make Christians cannibals or Satanists.
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 750x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 750x480px
>>17681113
If you want to get technical, Class A books of the various Hermetic Kaballah traditions may be considered Holy Books. As a collection of documents they are not a "Bible", are not presented as such, and use of that word should be considered offensive.

The very nature of Class A documents brings their authority into question. They can't be challenged. Even the Bible can and routinely is challenged in its authority, authorship and language.

If an initiate finds obvious fault with the information presented to him, he has no recourse but to leave his tradition and is bound by honour to not discuss the problems he perceives.

But I can eat Cheetos and talk about it freely.
>>
>>17681330
>If you want to get technical, Class A books of the various Hermetic Kaballah traditions may be considered Holy Books. As a collection of documents they are not a "Bible", are not presented as such, and use of that word should be considered offensive.
Well, there are multiple editions of the Holy Books of Thelema, ijs, if we take the face value definition of bible being a collection of multiple interwoven religious texts, the shoe fits.

>they can't be challenged
Hence why I see so much discourse on the validity of L? That said, I really have no problem accepting the common narrative on every other Class A text because we've got diaries and witnesses.

Also, if you're referring to the Tunis Comment w/r/t "not discussing" shit, the Comment is NOT and has NEVER BEEN a part of Liber L's manuscript. It's a footnote added almost thirty years after the fact.
>>
>>17680946

North Carolina here

what abduction?
>>
>>17681014
He was bisexual so I doubt that wasnt the only reason he fucked a man. And most of his rituals and persona were just a front for his espionage
>>
>>17681023
Bro you are making a fucking idiot out of yourself. You obviously know nothing about Crowley.
>>
>>17681129
Jesus this guy is clueless. This is why Crowley has such a bad reputation, cause of idiots like you who don't know anything of his work but yet make allegations about it.
>>
>>17681330
What are class A books?
>>
>>17681130
Fuck your gay ass show. Go hang yourself and post it online
>>
>>17681231
I am currently reading one on him, I totally agree dude. This mans image has been painted wrong for decades.
>>
>>17681439

http://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/class-a/
>>
>>17681280
>How is this Satanic?
There is a type of christfaggot who thinks that everything that isn't their own particular sect of christfaggotry is inspired by Satan. There's no point in arguing with them.
>>
>>17681129
Viewing Crowley through the lens of Christianity, he is a satanist. However, so are reiki practionists and every indigenous tribe ever.
>>
>>17681250
he would've liked /b/ too honestly
>>
File: 1410271037791.jpg (504KB, 1600x1016px) Image search: [Google]
1410271037791.jpg
504KB, 1600x1016px
>>
>>17681149
Asking out of curiosity, could you explain thelema and your personal beliefs?
>>
>>17682656
kek
>>
File: fuck this shit.png (329KB, 525x436px) Image search: [Google]
fuck this shit.png
329KB, 525x436px
>>17680946
And tomorrow is when? Aleister Crowley was an idiot.
But occultist = good on /x/ afterall.
>>
Are there any proof that AC killed someone? He's never been to jail or caught by the law?!
>>
>>17680946
Aiwass - I was
Lam - I am
>>
>>17681437
Basically this. /x/ is especially notorious for its idiotic users who do 0 (zero) research before opening their mouths on a given issue.
>>
>>17684344
The only incident of lethal violence in AC's record is a tale in which he relates shooting a mugger who pulled a knife on him in India.

>>17682801
Thelema generally starts and ends with those who accept the metaphysics and precepts of Liber L vel Legis. That's the bare minimum definition. Inside that, you have various strains of esoteric transmission: OTO is symbolic and quasi-Freemasonic. A.'.A.'. is more devotional/spiritual and is modeled on the Golden Dawn.

I personally feel that Thelema works best as a philosophical overlay on top of existing systems; like Chaos but with more notes and classic literature.
>>
>>17681129
Nonono, you cannot 'become' a god or God itself.

You can however, be one or the absolute one and unlock your powers through meditation and what not.
>>
>>17684410
Let me tell you a secret.
You are already god.
>>
>>17681194
I owe half my masters degree to you kind anon, wrote my thesis on egyptian elements in thelema, wouldnt have the money to travel to london from my poor eastern country...
>>
>>17684419
In essence but not in degree, plus why not better yourself? Seems like a good thing to do while we're "here".
>>
>>17684457
>In essence but not in degree

You speak lightly of this essence. Why not seek it?
>>
>>17684492
This is pretty much what we're saying lad.
>>
>>17684495

What is this self that is going to be better?
>>
>>17684501
Well at some point you some to the realization of the non-existence of this "self" you've come to identify with throughout the discourse of your life.
>>
>>17684513
*come
Apologies on mobile.
>>
>55 posts
ctrl F grey 0 results
ctrl F rept 0 results

come on /x/ what the fuck
>>
File: boskopman.jpg (75KB, 446x431px) Image search: [Google]
boskopman.jpg
75KB, 446x431px
>>
File: 1267372540220.jpg (107KB, 701x612px) Image search: [Google]
1267372540220.jpg
107KB, 701x612px
>>
>>17684513
>I'm a level 5 solipsist, I don't even believe in my self
>>
>>17686299
>>17688365
This needs to stop. I'm all for spooky made up stuff but people are taking it seriously.

That pictures is self portrait

https://ac2012.com/2012/10/20/lam-i-am/
>>
>>17680946

The eyes couldn't be any more different.
>>
fun fact, he was also a secret agent! Worked for Mi-6 during and after the war, might have been a double (or even triple! CIA, UK and Russia?) agent using his occult activities as a cover for his spying, etc

Secret Agent 666 is a cool book if you're into Crowley lore and sheds light on an interesting aspect of his undeniably exceptional life.

My favorite part is when he crucifies a frog. Also, speaking as a fellow junkie, this guy lived the addict's dream for basically the last half of his life: moving from palatial estate to palatial estate, supplied by his devout followers with a never-ending supply of pure drugs and strange pussy. Not to mention, yknow, all the magical rituals.

That 'THEY'RE HERE, THEY'VE ALWAYS BEEN HERE' meme is interesting though. So, I've always wondered how Lam got to be such a meme through the image of the greys being propagated so widely though the media.

Crowley draws a picture. Crowley gives the picture to the leader of a cult comprised of the cultural, intellectual and political elite. They 'use the picture as an object of meditation' and two years later the modern age of UFOlogy is born with Roswell and the Kenneth Grant sightings.

I wonder if Whitley Streiber was OTO? Bud Hopkins? John Mack?
>>
>>17681194
>HGA is NOT an aspect of ""higher --self--"

Please elaborate.
>>
>>17688474
Right? Tiny eyes vs giant eyes.

Yes, both basically look like human faces except giant skulls to logically house giant brains. This certainly could be a merely symbolic interpretation for an entity of higher intelligence.

Perhaps there are interdimensional beings that humans are able contact. Maybe they exist in more dimensions than humans. Maybe they are more accurately conscious forces. Humans probably are not able to fully comprehend the full extent and nature of their existence, and during meditative focus states when in contact with these beings/this force, anthropomorphize how we interpret them/it.

Like Kyle Odom. Perhaps he was a very intelligent guy who, as I learned from reading the first page of his manifesto, decided to meditate one night and was able to achieve a very high focus state and did in fact stumble upon some truths. When he says Obama is being tortured sexually, perhaps this was his interpretation of Obama, like many powerful leaders of society, being coerced (by threats or scopolamine) into compromising situations (sex with kids) that are then documented and used as blackmail for control.

And his, like many others', description of lizard people. Reptilian humanoids. >>17682783

Obviously many have suggested the origin of this is the identification of an ethnic group of humans whose brain, and specifically, basal ganglia evolved differently than others.

Ya know, the Juice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reptilian_brain
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basal_ganglia

The mind interprets the universe and creates a sort of metaphor for it. Perception is a subjective sliver of the whole truth.
>>
Crowley was indeed a satanist, but not in the traditional sense, or the common popular current perception of a satanist. Crowley did not worship Satan as an external entity, but he did worship himself, taking on the role as Satan.

Crowley was more Luciferian, or more aptly: Baphometian. Crowley certainly was anti-Christian.

Crowley identified with the Beast 666 from Revelations in the Bible.

Kenneth Grant missapropriated AIWAS as an alien. That is not to say that Grant's view was wrong, since Grant's current was magickal for sure and holds lots of power still. AIWAS, "I was" is about Crowley's Guardian Angel. Of which Grant wrote: "Crowley acknowledged Aiwas as a being identical with his daemon, his genius, or his Holy Guardian Angel...The Devil, Satan...of our particular unit of the Starry Universe." and "Crowley established contact with the Great White Brotherhood when he identified himself with the Beast 666, and with Set or Shaitan (Satan)".

But note that these were invocations of Satan, and elsewhere Crowley writes that invocations are just activating that part (faculty of the brain) of yourself that resonates with the entity you are invoking.

So it remains complicated. Would Crowley have said he was a Satanist. Probably not. Can we find evidence in his writings and poems where he seems to worship the Satan from the Bible. Sure as shit.

"Thou Spiritual Sun! Satan, Thou Eye, thou Lust; Cry aloud! Whirl the Wheel, O my Father, O Satan, O Sun!".

As said: Complicated and debatable. One could even argue that Crowley was a Christian... as at least he gave it enough credence and authenticity to not discard it as a fairy tale. He has done white magick, praising the Gods of creation.

Crowley as a Satanist would be doing him short. Crowley worked with many Gods and demons, and was not confined to merely Satan.

He wanted the media and the church to see him as a Satanist. So, depending on the person's view, he gets what he deserves.
>>
>>17692674
AIWAS -> LAM
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.