[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I meet a ghost?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 101-trillium.jpg (65KB, 539x600px) Image search: [Google]
101-trillium.jpg
65KB, 539x600px
The cliche is that I say that I can't write and that I've never been on /x/. Those aren't true. I do visit /x/ from time to time and I can write okay. Not great, but well enough to get through a BA in English, so here goes (also not green-texting because that sucks; I know how to, but I also know why not to):

To keep it as brief as possible, I was visiting family in a place called Beaver, Ohio. Chuckle if you are under 13 and then fuck off because this is an 18+ site.

I went to my favorite nearby nature getaway, Lake Katherine. Now Lake Katherine is many things, but it's not spooky. I like to take pictures there with my DSLR and relax in a few hidden off-trail areas.

I went to such one off-trail area last week, below the main waterfall, and there was a girl, all alone. Now this is in a county called Jackson Ohio, which, like most backwoods county has two things going against young girls: first, if you look up sex offenders on the web, the site lights up like a Roman Christmas tree. Second: while this is a fact, people around ignore this fact and let their kids run around like it's 1953 and Sheriff Griffith is making his rounds to check on all the young'ens.

I am aware of this proclivity among my people, and as a very NON pedo in a very big-man body, am both concerned with kids being safe, and afraid of spooking kids and adults if I inquire too much into the state of said kids.

So at first I said nothing when this kid, alone, is sitting in one of my favorite spots in the world, "Indian-style," where few people know they can get to off-trail, and when I've seen maybe three other people all day.

Cont.
>>
I admire the sights and go about my business, pretending as though she doesn't exist. She's about eight or so and wearing good clothes for this time of year: a flannel and hiking boots.

As I get ready to leave, I feel the need to make sure she has some kind of awareness about her. Young girls in that area, though they are often the target of abuse, are for some reason, rarely aware of it. So I said, "You okay?" or something of the sort.

She looks up at me and says, "My foot's broke or sprained."

I asked if her parents were around and she said they had gone home. While in most parts of the world this may seem weird, again, in this part of the world, it's typical. So I asked if she needed help. I almost turned to go because in that neck of the woods, no one ever says "yes I need help" unless they are really sore off.

But she just said "please." So after a lot of looking over my shoulder, and seeing that we are alone, I had a decision to make: appear to be a creep, or leave a kid in need and actually be a deadbeat idiot. I figured I can live with myself if everyone in the world thinks I'm the worst kind or person, as long as I know in my heart I'm the good guy.

To whit: I'm 6'2", and muscular with a beer-belly. I'm not a model by any means, but I'm the kind of guy most people feel they can approach, but no one messes with. I'm not trained in anything, I am just big and look scary. Big fish, small pond most likely.

Anyway, after looking at this kid's foot and seeing that it does indeed look raw and nasty, I hoist her onto my back.

cont.
>>
and to make a long story short, we make for the head of the trail. The trail ends, or begins, depending on how you look at it, in a clearing with a few poster-boards with your typical wildlife information on it (such as the wildlife you might see, fauna and flora, etc.) that is a mess in the summer and fall, mostly overgrown, and rife with pests. This time of year, however, it's much nicer, as the wheat/etc. has fallowed and the ticks haven't come to their own in force yet. So it's not kept, but it's nice.

So imagine my surprise when after piggybacking this kid over a quarter-mile of a pretty steep climb, after setting her down from said climb, after talking to her about SpongeBob and Pokemon, the only things I could think to relate to her with, I put her down, look toward the parking lot to see only my car, hear her say, "Thanks, Anon. I'll be sure to repay the favor," imagine my surprise when I look down to her, about to ask if she wanted me to call the police to get her to the lousy hospital in the area called "Holzer" (where medical talent goes to die a slow and overly dramatic death), that she wasn't there.

Imagine my surprise when I thought back hard, and still am, and cannot remember giving her my name. Imagine my surprise when little what's-her-name new my name and I didn't know hers. Imagine my surprise when an 8-year-old or so uses the phrase, "I'll be sure to repay the favor" when such a phrase is beyond most teachers of her grade in that area.

And she's gone. I mean, there's no where for her to have run, and on that foot, she'd not have gotten far.

cont.
>>
So while I'm not the first to shout "ghost," I'm also not the last. I am here, after all. But I need your help.

1) What was this girl?
2) Am I in danger?
3) Did I do the right thing? (should I have left here there in a well-enough alone sort of way)?

I know the difference between the 1% of people who are versed in the arcane and can give me valuable info and the 99% of shitposters etc. on here, so thank you, 1% for any info you can provide here.
>>
As far as i know, ghosts rarely lie.
If this girl thanked you and said she'd repay the favor, then you may have just gained some sort of guardian angel or something. Or atleast some help when you're in trouble.
Good job my dude.
>>
>>17679995
Thanks anon. It's actually good to just hear another voice on this. I don't feel like I can tell other people not on an anonymous board, so this helps. As you might imagine, this shook me up somewhat.
>>
I dont think you are in danger, no nasty feelings on your side. Just the shock of the kiddo disappearing outta nowhere.
>>
Whelp, an hour on and one reply. A nice reply, but as there's only one, I'll check back in tomorrow and hope it's still up or if not, I'll read the archive. My best to you all.
>>
>>17680076
Oop. Two replies. Anyway, thank you both very much. Thanks, dog.
>>
It sounds like it could have been some sort of test? Definately nothing bad though, maybe if you hadn't have helped her it could have been different? Anything unusal about her knowledge for a kid?
>>
>>17679976
Very interesting. I wouldn't put the phrase "I'll be sure to return the favor" out of reach of an 8-year-old, but other than that I enjoyed your story! Thanks for sharing, true or not. If true, I don't think anything's to worry about.

Just hit is up again if weird shit that makes you feel unsafe starts to go down.

Also, your writing is not BAD, just more straightforward and earnest. It works.
Good luck anon, hopefully both of us can lose some extra fat! Also fuck you I wish I was 6'2"
>>
Check on the missing persons list for your area. You might find something about her.
>>
>>17679931
>Beaver
Stopped reading there.
Lmao
Beaver
>>
File: 20160510_201607.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160510_201607.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>17679976
May is the month to repay holy mary, she gave you a chance to do that and you did.
She will in return help you to solve your problems.

Picture related of mary solving knots I got yesterday from church.
Try to go to church if you can and it might help you.

Otherwise, spooky ghosts are spooky XD
>>
1) Not a ghost.
2) Nope.
3) Yep. You did good. Now forget about it and move on with your life.
>>
Thanks all. I feel better about it. I was afraid someone might have some info about some kind of ghost trick.

I did look at a missing person's site for Ohio and nothing looks like her.

>>17680100
I will definitely come back if shit starts to go down. So far, everything's fine here. I live several states away from where I grew up (yes, sigh, Beaver).
>>
File: whalesky.jpg (930KB, 1200x849px) Image search: [Google]
whalesky.jpg
930KB, 1200x849px
sounds like you have a friend watching your back

time really isn't linear - and for ghosts and astral-like things this is especially true. look to both your past and future for unusual events in which things worked out for you. in the perspective of this protective energy with which you have extended, reciprocated, and participated with, all time is now.

i'm sure it was startling in the moment but it sounds like you did the best thing you could have done with what you had. old fables and fairy tales possess a simple wisdom - be a shithead and things suck, or be decent and all of nature will lift you up. you're decent, no danger ahead. just keep doing your best anon, i enjoyed your tale.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.