[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hungarian Suicide Song

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Let's discuss the Hungarian song 'Gloomy Sunday' and its alleged ability to cause people to commit suicide. Do you think it's possible to encode music with such a level of dispair?
>>
This artist encoded such a high level of despair into his music that he died shortly after: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6ChkExqv2E
>>
Hungarian guy here.

I don't even know this, where do you find this stuff?
>>
There is a Wikipedia article about it.
>>
>>17678057
Yeah, i just found it
>>
So what do you guys think? Possible?
>>
>>17678070
Maybe if you're in a depressed state and listen to it, it may bring some depressing taughts to your head
>>
The concept of a perfectly happy person being 'triggered' by some kind of despair code is fascinating to me.
>>
>>17678023
The sound of the hungarian language can make u want to kill yourself, IMAGINE IT SINGED, its all over.
>>
Anybody know of anything similar? Could something like this be weaponized?
>>
>>17678150
The riot police in the USA have a sonic weapon that disorients protesters when directed at them. Really loud glissando type drone.

You could also just edit subliminal messages into normal songs in hopes of swaying the subconscious
>>
I heard subliminal messaging is bullshit, though.
>>
>>17678174
Maybe that is what they wanted you to hear?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqAPVB4u9Zs

Judas priest better than you better than me, some kids killed themselves while listening to this song.

The band went to a trial, police suspected them to be devil worshipers.
>>
I'm just barely old enough to remember when loads of bands were being accused of putting hidden messages in their songs. Makes you wonder...
>>
File: 20160510_192042.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160510_192042.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>17678023
The english version is actually just a mellow relaxing song, any power it had didn't transfer when it was translated.
>>
>>17679064
are you from the 1500's
>>
>>17678993
>>17678622
Rob Halford said it best, "Why would we want to kill the people buying our records?"
>>
>>17679064
Sweet Victrola
>>
>>17678049
Gloomy Sunday
it aint that deep though
lot of minor chords
song is about a dude who kills himself after his wife dies
>>
>>17678023
I think you would have to be depressed to begin with, but I've definitely listened to songs that that could have that ability. There's a Swedish black metal group called Shining whose music's sole purpose is to make people kill themselves.
>>
>>17679064
Billie Holiday version is better
>>
>>17678115
>singed

Really, bro? I can understand not being sure whether to use sang or sung, but fucking singed? What the shit.
>>
>>17678031
>This artist encoded such a high level of despair into his music that he died shortly after
good song :)
>>
Gloomy Sunday sung by Billie holiday listen if you dare and judge for yourselves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUCyjDOlnPU
>>
>>17679386
Billie holiday don't count her music makes me feel better where when im depressed
that song should've been in new vegas desu
>>
>>17678023
>encode
>dispair

inb4 /x/'s new favorite meme
>>
You now get banned if you try to post the words that are synonymous with 'anguish algorithm', so the meme magic beat us this time!
>>
hungarian here. I heard about this sonk for the first time, listened to it, its not even that bad... It's very much like our folk songs. The lyrics, quite sad, but.. Meh, I guess?
>>
>>17678023
>The Despair Code
>>
There was a movie about this song featuring a nice love triangle and some nice tits.
But mostly the origin of it being a suicide song is some newspaper articles (remember its between the two world wars) of some suiciders listening to it before killimg themselves. Its the same thing that transpired with emo-s. There were edgy people back then as there are edgy teenagers nowdays. Also take into account that most of the music of the swing and early jazz era was happy and cheerful, and then came a sad low tempo ballad about death amidst the time of the great depression ofc media would attribute most suicides to it especially when record labels knew about viral marketing before the internet so
>>
Just listened to it
Just a vague feeling of melancholy
Not a bad one though
>>
>>17679064
The Billie holiday version is my favourite.

The song sounds great on old vinyl though. The little crackles and pops really adds to the mood of it.
>>
>>17678023
There is no proof that anyone ever killed themselves because of the song.

It's an urban legend.
>>
>>17681055
In the extra features to Schindler's List there was an account from a jewish musician who would play at Goeth's villa and he said there was an incident where an officer asked for the song to be played...after he shot his brains out in the balcony. Fucker was probably going to do it anyway.
>>
>>17679377
hilarious and checked

as for the song, maybe. there are tones that can make you shit yourself apparently and everything is vibrational so why not.
>>
Does anyone here know immortals exist? Do you have any articles about immortals? How do they do it? Do some people just have the right genes or is it through magic?
>>
>>17681903
Sorry I meant to start a new thread, ignore.
>>
>>17681480
And was that verified?

There are lots of stories, but they are all unverified.

People even talk about how the composer killed himself because of the song. Despite committing suicide 35 years AFTER he wrote it.
>>
Oh shit lavender town music!
>>
>>17683700
>>
>>17683700
Verified now?
>>
>>17686970
>>17686972
An anecdote is not verified proof.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.