[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work at a haunted movie theater

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

File: image.jpg (350KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
350KB, 1080x1920px
Alrighty boys and girls, it's time for me to come forward and share my tales. I am a closing usher at a movie theater in a small Wisconsin town. This theater is haunted by some sort of spirit named "Wally". I'm looking to cut my hours or leave altogether soon, so it's just feels like the time to share. I am heading into an hour long appointment right now, but I'll be back soon to share my stories. I suppose if anyone has any questions right off the bat they can ask now and I'll answer them first.
>>
What does the spirit do? What evidence do you have to support it's existence?
>>
what kind of faggot ghost hangs out at a movie theater?
>>
>>17677083
One that likes to watch movies without paying, I'd say.
>>
What is Wally's feelings on the new Ghostbusters reboot?
>>
OP here, Sorry for the wait guys! So I'm actually workin right now and I'll be here closing until 3 am. Will provide pics and stories now.

Wally was allegedly a projectionist and the oldest theater still has a bathroom stall built into the projection booth (since the projectionists would have to not leave the film unattended back in the day). This is considered "his corner" and there is a door to an electrical closet right next to it that is considered "his home". Very eerie feeling being up there. Always breathe a sigh of relief when I get to close those projectors earlier in the night.
>>
As far as why he may or may not hang at the theater, I'm not sure. He didn't die here according to his story (which is spotty, to say the least).

He hasn't expressed any opinions on the new ghostbusters film(s). But I'm sure he will let me know if he's unhappy.
>>
File: image.jpg (189KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189KB, 1280x960px
Here's just one of the random theaters that's empty right now. Just to show that I can and will take pics if anyone is interested.
>>
File: image.jpg (286KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
286KB, 1280x960px
Here's the hallway that has his little corner, you can see it way at the end.
>>
File: image.jpg (297KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
297KB, 1280x960px
Here's a close up of the corner. I have the lights on obviously so it's bright, but being in the building alone at 2-3 am up in that corner is a nope no matter how bright it is.
>>
>>17679457
That's fuckin' neat I wish I could work there, the atmosphere is real
>>
>>17679484
Yeah it's real fun at first, I used to love exploring the place at night. But now I practically live here and I know every nook and cranny.

Later when the lobby is closed I'll post a picture of this creepy ass area where you can crawl under one of the theaters.
>>
>>17679520
Shit yeah I'd love to see that! Does the spirit there seem hostile to you or how come you're in such a hurry to cut hours? The ones I hear of that freak me out are the type that attach themselves to you, I've never seen a spirit but I wouldn't risk going to a place where I can bring something back..
>>
File: 1460847280289.gif (199KB, 336x468px) Image search: [Google]
1460847280289.gif
199KB, 336x468px
el bumpo
>>
more pictures?
>>
OP again, just closin the vending stand now then I'll be at your service again. Give me about 10 minutes. And I'd say he's not a malevolent spirit to any degree. I'm only cutting hours to pick up a delivery job as well. I'll post the creepy under the theater picture when I'm back soon.
>>
File: skeleton.gif (995KB, 499x374px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton.gif
995KB, 499x374px
What is the biggest SPOOK you've ever gotten at work?

Any ghosts try to attack you??
>>
>>17679579
He JUST said that the ghost isn't malevolent.
>>
File: image.jpg (258KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
258KB, 1280x960px
Ok so here's the garbage can pulled out so you can get an idea of the location.
>>
File: image.jpg (243KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243KB, 1280x960px
Here's what it looks like naked with no light up close (my apologies my phone is fucked and I can only use the front facing camera so pics are difficult right now but I'm trying boys)
>>
File: image.jpg (213KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213KB, 1280x960px
Here it is up close at the entrance to this "hole" and I'm shining a damn light in it. That's as far as I'll go though haha. My buddy loved to crawl under and find old shit. Found some cups and tickets as old as the 70's!
>>
Now for s story or two...

Biggest spook at work?

>Be a week or two into star wars 7 this past winter
>2 am, last movie finishes in like 15 minutes.
>movie is playing in theater 1, which is the theater that projects from wally's corner.
>I'm standing at theater entrance watching the end of the movie.
>It fucking finishes finally.
>Wait for everyone to leave the theater/building.
>Just like that I'm all alone in this big ass building
>Unlock theater 1&2 hallway to go close projectors.
>Light is off, Wally's door is open (literally no one at all had any need to go in there ever), and this bulb that's dead usually is lit above the projector.
>Fuck mang.jpg
>Waltz on over to theater 2 projector and shut it down quickly all the while lookin over to the end of the hallway.
>Kill the breakers for theater 2 and as it powers down, it gets so uncomfortably quiet.
>Chillsrightoffthebat
>Cautiously, yet swiftly cruise over to theater 1 projector and literally kick his door closed (it was lit wide open, just half way)
>Door is closing super fast from my bad ass kick, see a damn figure or something as its closing... In the closet standing there.
>Imstantly say "Yoooo, is there someone in there? For real man? Can you please not fuck with me?"
>Talking big and casually hoping to sustain my own nerves as well as to make it feel less like it could be a ghost. Idk I'm a weird guy.
>No reply of course
>"I'm not opening the door, this is your only chance to give it up pal"
>Door opens like an inch and then SLAMS shut like hard as fuck. Just booms down the hallway.
>"OK! FUCKER, THATS IT" Sweatjng and heart beating and anxiety af.
>Throw door open, fists up literally ready to kick the shit out of some intruder (I'm a fight boy on the side)
>ROOM IS SO DARK I CAN'T EVEN SEE THE BACK WALL. LIKE SO DARK IT'S GOT AN OCCULT VIBE TO IT. LIGHT FROM THE HALLWAY IS LITERALLY NOT PIERCING THIS DARKNESS.
>>
>>17679623
FUCK. THAT.
I mean, not gonna lie that's a pretty sick escape route if some white dude tried to shoot up your theater but damn.. creepy as fuck.
>>
>Stand pressed against door panting, sweating, generally in a fluster.
>minute or two goes by of dead silence besides my breathing and head pulsing.
>Coast is clear?
>Open door and light is on in closet... Everything else is fine. There is nothing wrong and no bad vibes whatsoever.
>Close door, shut down the projector, and never take my eyes off the door or corner.
>Everything is just fine and dandy.
>Felt like there was just an explosion of activity and energy then it just disappeared.
>Literally leave and nothing else happens.
>Have never seen anything like that "darkness" before.
>Was able to smoke some weed and fall asleep just fine.
>Worked the next night, nothing.
>Nothing has happened to that degree since.

That was definitely the most scared and theeatened I ever felt. But more than anything it was just incredibly unfamiliar and spooky. Didn't feel very in danger
>>
>>17679666
>>17679685
Creepy.

But there are so many stories of haunted theaters, both movie and stage theaters, it makes me wonder how "realistic" this is. I mean, hotels, old battlegrounds, churches, and murderhouses I get, but why would there be so many hauntings at theaters? It sounds like most of it is just made up by coworkers to screw with each other. Not that I'm saying your story is fake, but it just seems unlikely that every theater is haunted.
>>
>>17679784
I'm actually in complete agreement bro! I thought this whole Wally thing was bullshit and sometimes I still do. But stuff like that is just too creepy to ignore. If not haunted by a singular entity like we've implied Wally is, then I think there's some other occult or spooky paranormal stuff going on. There's just a very bad vibe at times.
>>
>>17679827
Is there any way that could have been a flesh and blood intruder who just had mad ninja skillz or something, or would it be virtually impossible to escape without being seen by you?
>>
>>17677039
Milwaukee here, where you at
>>
>>17679836
If you look at the first few pictures I posted you'll see the corner it happened in. There's no way someone could have gotten out of the closet at any point without me seeing.
>>
>>17679849
La crosse, pretty shitty but pretty ok
>>
WI is just plain haunted, my aunts place in Mauston has a number of ghost go threw there. Also a freaky shadow figure
>>
>>17679893
Do tell. Anything you've personally experienced?

>>17679784
Why not simply to watch movies, or just look at them? If he worked there for a while he might have been a fan of movies
>>
>>17679867
Oh, I failed reading comprehension since I'm kind of tired, didn't realize it was the closet.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>17679471
Wait, it's just an open stall? So if the projectionist has to do a push, he's gonna smell it for the rest of the movie?

Also how did you become a projectionist? I had a bunch of film classes and am familiar with loading analog projectors, and was TA for a film history class that got to use the local independant theater for screening. I just loaded a dvd player, so I don't k ow the dcp stuff, but I learn quick.

I ask because I'm in a town with a wide vareity of theaters and would like to job.
>>
>>17679623
Dude I'd climb the fuck in there but only if I was sure some asshole wasn't going to lock me in
>>
Holy shit op it must be haunted, the ghost flipped all the pictures upside down!
>>
>>17677039
No you don't.
>>
>>17680318
No he didn't.

Posted from my iPhone.
>>
>>17680393
>iPhone

No wonder this thread is so god damn gay
>>
Wow most pictures are upside down,so cool! is this the new thing?? wew
>>
File: 1416530789409.gif (482KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1416530789409.gif
482KB, 256x192px
Any more stories, OP?
>>
>>17680581

He did say he was taking photos with his front-facing camera
>>
Damn, most people on this board don't even provide pictures at all. I thought providing any evidence would be welcome. As I said my camera is broken on the front of my phone so I can only use the selfie camera. It's hard to take normal pictures but at least they're clear and all you have to do is slightly rotate your head. i suppose I do apologize for the inconvenience though I stand by the fact that this is still much more content than other OP's have provided in the past.
>>
Also, yes, I have many more stories. Some paranormal, others more just creepy closing tales. I am at work this evening again as well until 2 am
>>
>>17680241
I'm actually not a projectionist. We use digital film now so the managers just pop some little fucker in and play the movies on a schedule. I just get to close the projectors down when I close the building. Easy peasy part time job shit.
>>
>>17682196
I'm glad for the pics. I just assumed this was happening in Wisconsin, Australia.

Thanks for the pics and I'd love more stories, maybe ones your coworkers have shared?

For my part, if ghosts get to choose, I'd much rather end up in a theater of some kind than some boring old house. Seriously.

Also, maybe Wally is really into closing credits and you ruined it for him.
>>
>>17682239
Sure I can share another story

>About 5 months ago
>Me and 2 other coworkers are up in wally's hallway. A guy and a girl coworker
>Grabbing something from freezer
>The dude is real into Wally and is just talking our ears off about his experiences
>I think it's bullshit, kinda stuff that would make you nope the fuck out of a job real quick
>Just laugh a little and occasionally give him a "yeah?"
>He says not to egg on Wally
>Me and girl kinda crack up and call him a goof
>Light above theater 1 projector just kinda pops on out of nowhere on its own
>That damn light isn't supposed to ever be on
>Dude looks freaked, girl is clenching my arm and is asking wtf is going on
>Wally door is creaked open, just notice.
>I man up and go push it shut, firmly.
>Right as door closes, light turns off.
>None of us know where the switch is, I assume it's in the closet
>I say it's probably just a sensitive switch and the door triggers it
>Guy counters with no one is ever even supposed to do anything with that closet to begin with. Everything gabby is controlled in there either stays in or off at all times.
>I say it's just a shitty building and it's whatever
>We go back down to lobby, all a bit spooked and tell everyone on the shift about it
>GM plays off that he has to go in there sometimes and it's not spooky
>I side with him.
>Stupid story still becomes strongest Wally evidence to date. Ugh
>For the record I haven't shared my spooky closet story with any of the other employees since I don't want to fuel the fire.
>>
*Everything that's controlled in there is either turned off or on at all times.

Sorry I type too fast and don't catch my goofs
>>
>>17682442
Spoopy

Have you checked to see if the door is just loose so sometimes it creaks open?
>>
>>17682521
>Door makes creaking sounds
OMG IT'S A GHOST
Fuck you, just because you hear something creaking doesn't mean there's a ghost. Come back when you hear EVP's saying your name or a ghost wanting to get into bed with you.
>>
>>17682521
The door closes just fine.
>>
>>17682459
Interesting. Also, out of curiosity, do you know why there are lights that exist that are never supposed to be on? Why do they have those lights, and bulbs in them?
>>
>>17682609
They were installed prior to the digital projectors being brought in. Those lights sat above the old projector and would only be turned on when repairing it and such. As for why they weren't taken out when we got new projectors? Not sure.
>>
If the manager is chill with it, please set up a camera overnight like that guy with the painting did. See if anything shows up overnight and then post the vid. You'll get tons of hits on YT or whatever, and the appreciation of many /x/files. Also, the theater will make a killing on ticket sales.
>>
>>17682537
Opens by itself*

I was trying to say that the door opens without anything touching it, not the actual noise....
>>
>>17682713
Don't feed the shills, OP. Your story is interesting and we want more.
>>
Any reason why his name is Wally?
>>
>>17682730
The fuck you on?
>Hurr durr someone is fed up with 10 year olds going >omg I heard something spoopy must be skeletons XD I wish I could see a ghost for realsies XDXDXD
>Must be a shill
>>
>>17677089
Cheap bastard.
>>
>>17677116
Underrated post.
Also, legit curious.
>>
>>17682789
Yeah, there's a story about the guy who it allegedly is. Think his name was Wallace and he went by Wally. In all honesty I don't give a shit about Wally's history and I've never heard the whole thing and don't know his last name. But I know he died off site and was a projectionist who worked a ton. I want to say he died of a heart attack, but unsure.
>>
>>17682874
Well I haven't heard anything as far as his opinion on it, but a lot of autistic middle aged/old fucks who think I care about their interests sure can't shut up about it.
>>
>>17682968
>In all honesty I don't give a shit about Wally's history and I've never heard the whole thing and don't know his last name
Well, okay, but if you want to get to the bottom of this, you're going to have to do a little digging on that. See, that would give us some information to work with. As it is, it's hard to even imagine researching this.

If you do find out a last name, find an obituary, any kind of evidence, then we could connect more with what you are going through.
>>
>>17683015
I mean, I can ask around for ya'll I just wanted to share some spooks. I think it's cool there's some whacky stuff going on at the theater but I'm more interested in just talking about it and sharing than finding out the origin for myself. If I'm able to present some cool information to you guys though, I will certainly do so! Unfortunately my manager has left for the evening and I have no one to bug about it at the moment.
>>
>>17683065
That's okay. I'd love to know more, but I would also just love more stories.
>>
>>17683088
>Be when I very first started back in 2013.
>Geting mop
>Pushing mop to vending stand
>Mop like stops. As if I hit a wall.
>I'm in the middle of the hallway
>Push hard and mop suddenly has no resistance.
>Spill mop
>Fuck

also

>2 months ago or so
>Training new closer
>Aye, theater checks at the end of the night
>Check numbers for theaters, no one in theater 7.
>Ok cool, we will go in and turn on lights even though movie is playing and I'll teach him how to theater check
>Poke head in theater prior to turning on light
>A dude sitting in middle of theater! Really dark scene and hard to make out specifics. Definitely a guy shape in the middle of the theater though
>Hey new boy someone snuck in here bro!
>He's edgy, excited to kick him out
>Barges in, "Hey! Oh, dude you got me haha"
>I'm like what? Look inside, no guy
>I look at him, "Yeah haha, gotcha bro!"
>He looks at me nervously
>I don't wanna talk about it, here's how you close lol

Some spooky nights I tell ya
>>
File: 1422789280177.jpg (122KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
1422789280177.jpg
122KB, 425x282px
Keep going.
>>
>>17679784
I used to work at a former medieval execution grounds that now houses medical stuff (like model skeletons and brains and so on). I often took the graveyard shift. It never even occurred to me this was spooky until I spoke to the morning cleaners who were mostly totally freaked out and convinced the place was haunted. A lot depends on perspective and social perceptions.
>>
>>17685332
No spooky stories to share yourself?
>>
>>17679468
>>17679471
Is everything in the Wisconson upsidedown?
>>
>>17686959
He already explained this, if you'd bother to read. It's really easy to flip an image around.
>>
>>17686984
Yes. It is. So why didn't he?
>>
OP can you use an emp meter to check magnetic field? Or just go to wallys place again and put a recorder there maybe u catch something?
>>
I'd be really interested to know more, OP. Do ask around for us if you can. If you could get his last name that'd be amazing.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.