[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is love chemical or spiritual?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: DO LOVE AND DRUGS GO TOGETHER.png (3MB, 1481x1278px) Image search: [Google]
DO LOVE AND DRUGS GO TOGETHER.png
3MB, 1481x1278px
. . . or perhaps transcendent of those narrow labels?
>>
Every feeling including spiritual experiences are chemical
>>
>>17671306
In ignorance love degenerates into the desiring to possess and identify with what appears to be the source of love. This possessive love admits duality, and thereby admits it's complement, hate.

Possessive love is a shadow of what real love is, that which unifies all as one existence.
>>
File: image.jpg (152KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152KB, 480x608px
>>17671324
That's not love that's just lust or obsession
>>
>>17671306
Love is a subtstance,one is always in it. It's ignorant to believe that you can be out of it.

Transcendence is to rise above the duality of separation, such a state makes no demands and has no preferences, for there is only one.
>>
>>17671333
To believe that me or another is the source of love is n illusion each is a vehicle, or a mediator, for the drawing power of love.

It's like thinking of the moon as generating a light source, when in reality, it is reflecting the light of the sun.

To that degree is human love but a pale reflection compared with the source of love.
>>
>>17671306
>As above, so below
It occurs on both the physical and the spiritual, and a change in either's love chemicals/emotional energy can affect the other plane's emotional energy/love chemicals.
>>
>>17671306

Love has three types.

1. Eros - Sexual / physical love. This is hormonal; and chemical.

2. Phileo - Brotherly love. This is chemical, because it is from the mind (psyche), which arises from chemicals.

3. Agape - Unconditional Love. This is from the spirit (pneuma). This type of Love is the only lasting Love, because it comes from God and not you.

Eros grows old after weeks to months. Phileo wears off after about six to eighteen months, which is why divorces usually occur between 6 months and 2 years.

When Eros and Phileo wear off, if Agape is not present, the relationship or marriage is doomed to fail. Agape is a gift of God, and can be prayed for. Once it exists, it cannot go away any more than one could presume to slay God. Agape is a decision to Love someone no matter how you feel at the time, and this is the only way a relationship or marriage can last, because everyone feels angry/unloving/unloved at some time or another, but Agape still says "I Love you no matter what" during and after the feeling.

Jesus asked Peter three times if he loved him because the first two times were "Phileo", or brotherly love, the LAST one was "Agape", or Unconditional Love.

He was asking Simon Peter, if you Love Me Unconditionally, please feed my sheep, meaning show with your actions and not just words that you Love me by taking care of my little ones.
>>
>>17671306

God is Love, so if you are giving and receiving Unconditional Love, you are experiencing God.
>>
>>17671306
What does something being "spiritual" even mean?
>>
Love is balance.
>>
>>17671911
>What does something being "spiritual" even mean?
Not physical, eternal in nature.
>>
>>17672027
How is something 'not physical'?
>>
What chemical combination creates "love"?
>>
>>17672032
Physical existence is only someone's philosophy, just like everything else.

Existence just is. It's not a word. If everything is contents of mind, how can anything really be physical?

You can't touch your memories can you?
>>
>>17672057
I can touch a rock and its there when I'm not thinking about it
>>
>>17672072
But what does it mean to touch something?
>>
>>17672089
I get what you're saying how our brain creates our reality but the stimulus is still outside of us physically existing. It's not just a philosophy all in our minds
>>
>>17671306
Connection is spiritual. Love is just a thing.
>>
>>17672072
You never touch it in the first place. The molecules of your hand get close to it and your nerves react. Some weird quantum shit would go down if the atoms came in contact.

Furthermore, that the rock is there when you're not thinking about it is but a small minded assumption. You don't know, and it effectively doesn't exist when you're not observing it or thinking about it.
>>
>>17671318
Proof?
>>
>>17672340
Are you trolling or do you actually not understand how this works?

You experience things through your brain. You are an organic organism and your brain is an organic organ, all it of it runs on chemical reaction. That's what your brain fucking is. If you experience anything it's chemical. That's how it works.
>>
what ever love is
I think the chemical reaction in our brains are to lets us know that its present or there is a possibility of letting it through.
>>
A chemical.

http://www.vislab.ucl.ac.uk/pdf/NeuralBasisOfLove.pdf
>>
>>17672492
>>17671318
see
>>17671333
>>
>>17671306
Romantic, lustful, love is a mix of oxytocin, dopamine, testosterone, estrogen and vasopressin. Basically, partner selection and sex drive is chemical in nature.
I would however argue that there is something beyond the chemical compulsion to copulate. Platonic interactions, especially altruistic ones, aren't mediated the same way. Couples past that ~6 month-1 year honeymooning period that form a tighter bond rather than drifting apart, lifelong friendships: these seem to be evidence for a higher form of love.

When you want to control something and stick your dick in it, it's animal, it's chemical. When you want for the well being of another beyond all else, that's true love. I admit my knowledge of neurochemistry is still rudimentary but I believe that the latter is something truly special.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.