[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time perception

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2316.jpg (1MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2316.jpg
1MB, 3888x2592px
Does anyone notice that time is speeding up?
>>
>>17666172
You're just slowing down.
>>
>>17666172
It's a phenomenon called: 'Getting older'
>>
>>17666172
You're just getting older
>>
I was referring to the the theory that time is speeding up because our solary is getting closer to the center of the galaxy and that is probably why many people feel that time seems to be moving faster. Also interesting phenomenon is that technology and evolution of conscientiousness are probably responsible for that. As for a human getting older, well not sure that is a reason enough for that feeling especially for a twenty something years old.
>>
I was referring to the the theory that time is speeding up because our solar system is getting closer to the center of the galaxy and that is probably why many people feel that time seems to be moving faster. Also interesting phenomenon is that technology and evolution of conscientiousness are probably responsible for that. As for a human getting older, well not sure that is a reason enough for that feeling especially for a twenty something years old.
>>
>>17666182
>>17666191
>>17666194

Not OP, but how does "getting older" = faster?
>>
>>17666257
I didn't say anything about age. OP is just slowing down, so time seems to be moving faster around him.
>>
>>17666172
No your just getting old... When your 40 you'll have a mid-life crisis and probable kill yourself realising you've wasted all your time
>>
>>17666297
can you experience a mid life crisis at 21?
>>
>>17666329
If you snuff it at 42 you can.
>>
>>17666172
Yeah it's called growin up and starts with 16..
I never believed my mom when she told me this but now at 32 i can say she was fuckin right... now a year goes by and it feels like a few week or months...
As a child a summer felt like eternity but now if i think at 2 hot days mehh i chill at home the summer is over...
>>
>>17666337
>42
Is it because 42 is the meaning of life?
>>
watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxb5lSPLy9c
especially from 3:15 onwards.
>>
Your brian compares time with the time you have already lived. To live a year longer when you're 2 years old is litteraly half your lifespan longer while 1 year to a 40 year old is only 1/40 of his lifespan.
>>
Time is surely speeding up OP. I'm getting the feels too. Everything will pass by and all of us will be dead in no time. Just think about being in your death bed and thinking about everything that happened wile you were on this ball.
>>
>>17666365
Not really, time is actually speeding up. It's muuuch more faster than before. I blame CERN and/or LHC.
>>
>>17666367
> time is actually speeding up. It's muuuch more faster than before [citation needed]
>>
>>17666368
Deny as much as you want but it is actually happening.
>>
>>17666257
Life is just like a toilet paper roll. The closer you get to the end, the faster it goes.
>>
Don't listen to this shills OP - time is spiraling inwards, as should you.
>>
>>17666368
http://ubpost.mongolnews.mn/?p=1514
Found this in a quick google search. But muuuuch faster seems unlikely to me. Also I don't think anyone would feel the difference in time.
>>
Gravitational waves have been high functioning lately. Sectional density in the bandwidth were experiencing right now has been increased. Volatility of distortion is pretty bad. It'll meter out and leave us with a slow comedown. We're caught between crossover right now which is why it's up and down. One has more energy than the other and tears. It'll stabilize for a while again but the scale on which the mechanism works isn't comprehensible through a "let's wait and see" type ideology.
>>
>>17666250

Yes it is reason enough. The longer you're around the more your perception of time increases. Minutes can feel like ages to children because they haven't been around long enough. They haven't experienced hours, days, month, years at the same capacity a twenty, thirty, fourty, etc. year old has.

The more perception you have the more appreciation you have for every minute. But at the same time you start to concern yourself with larger measurements of time.

When you're older you think months, years in advance. Putting time into larger chunks for easier management. And that makes it feel like it's speeding up.
>>
http://in5d.com/schumann-resonance-and-the-time-speeding-up-phenomenon/

Schumann resonance sounds legit
>>
File: image.png (84KB, 571x565px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
84KB, 571x565px
>>17666367
>I blame CERN and/or LHC.
>and/or
>he's not even sure who to blame
>>
>>17666356
No because 42 is 21 x 2,is this board really as dumb as they claim
>>
>>17666172
Guys For me Time is slowing down but it's not a case of not doing anything I have a very busy day, so what dose this mean?
>>
>>17666921
>is this board really as dumb as they claim

yeah
>>
>>17666257
The perception of time depends on age
When you are a child, 1 second passes almost 50% slower. When you are old 1 second passes almost 50% faster
>>
>>17666257
Each moment is relatively smaller and smaller to your entire lifetime. It feels like it goes by fast as the memories build up. Also adults usually have busier lives than children and life goes by faster when you have to go) work to pay bills etc. As a kid everyhong IA fresh and new, nothing to compare it to.
>>
>>17666257
When you you're 5, 1 year is alot of time.

When you're 50, 1 year is nothing.
>>
>>17666172
Yes I did.

I noticed it near the end of March.

Around the same time a bunch of my class mates stopped coming into classes/came 20 mins late. A lot of them dropped out.
>>
>>17666916
Yes, you are not far off friend.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.