[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spiritual Awakening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: awakening-294x300.jpg (27KB, 294x300px) Image search: [Google]
awakening-294x300.jpg
27KB, 294x300px
Sup /x/, wanted to ask how I can get spiritual awakening and free myself from all attachement and boundaries my "ghost or soul or something other" has

What Books should I read ?
What should I do except reading ?

Who of you people here on /x/ already attained it ?

As far as spirutality goes for me, my mother is spiritual in some way, so I grew up with the believes of rebirth, ghosts, souls and angels a lot.
As it stands now im a Buddhist (former Christian), I have read alot about Buddhism and I already see how its "effects of me".

Can you help me /x/ ?
>>
Maybe you can Google it. You took the effort to type all that shit out, now maybe you can put some effort in to type it into Google what you ask instead of waiting for people to tell you.

I don't think the people on /x/ are very reliable.
>>
there is no liberation because there is no self
>>
>>17664437
you took the effort to respond, maybe you should be useful instead of a cunt twat.
do you honestly think OP has never heard of jewgle?
>>
>>17664443
No since he obviously made this dumb thread
>>
>>17664415
when you think you have achieved it you have failed
>>
I recommend looking into Alan watts and eckhart tolle and their books. It's a good start
>>
>>17664451
hey i am not disputing that this thread is dumb, but seriously google is evil, for reasons i don't understand because i'm not technologically literate, but i know they are not good.
>>
>>17664415
Baghavad Gita is a good one that heavy on the spiritual side and actually encourages action instead of pointless self hypnotisation.

>yes action is important in spirituality

if you want a more western-kind of spiritual explaination i suggest Alan Watts

i'd say meditate, but the most important thing is to find a "purpose" something to pursue or achieve that's outside just sitting in your room or meditating in the woods.
>>
>>17664415
this
>>17664471

when you think, you don't
think of the world around you as something that isn't separate from your self.

>>17664438
states there is no self.
This is true and false to some extent.

There is no singular self contained self. But there is the self intertwined with other parts of itself. Think of all of creation as a brain. think of yourself as a neuron. You're just a small connective dot, a small center of attention concentrated on that one spot. Although you're just one neuron, the whole of the network across the brain would be infinitely different if you weren't there. Think of all of the neural connection as a geometric shape in all of it's dimension. The shape is in the shape of the connected dots of neurons, but also of the neurons functions as well. When you learn something new you go from your old neural geometric shape which didn't contain this knowledge into a new shape which does, like a quantum interdimensional QR code. So you are just a sliver of information in this vast knowledgebase of divine insight, yet you are just as much the entirety of the brain as you're the singularity of the neuron. Since you could say that if youre at neuron a, then it would be the same pattern as neuron b, but the pattern would emerge from neuron a and vice versa
>>
>>17664526
also;

Here are some movies. My advice is to not watching them with intention. Make it your intention to watch them at some point. Just become aware of them, know that they exist and only watch them when they randomly pops in and you go "heck I'll just watch that" and then you'll watch them when they synchronize with you. Not trying to sound like a wisecrack or anything, it's just the way I've gotten the most out of them and therefore I can't argument for anything else, since I wouldn't know about what I would then be talking about.

the matrix
the lego movie
groundhog day
Independence day

watch them or not, it's up to you. It might be something. It might not. Again it's only what synchronized with me and might therefore not mean anything to you, but they were made with intention these movies, so just write them down on a piece of paper or whatever and put it somewhere you don't have to look at it and might forget all about it. Then when one of these bad boys present themselves in your life without you looking for them and you happen to have the time and no expectations just watch them if you haven't gotten anything else planned anyway

peace, friend, I hope we turn up
>>
Mindfulness in Plain English: http://www.urbandharma.org/udharma4/mpe.html

Vedas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io50RICsFAg

Upanishads:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zLI8N7QDDc

Prajnaparamita Sutra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ooCodjgjkY
>>
File: alchemy.jpg (49KB, 358x463px)
alchemy.jpg
49KB, 358x463px
>>17665437
Upanishads: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zLI8N7QDDc
>>
Practice compassion as much as possible

Try new experiences

Meditate and exercise daily

Don't do drugs (although I suspect that moderate usage of alcohol and marijuana aren't harmful unless you start to rely on them for something, like social confidence)
>>
>>17664415
Although I am not fully enlightened by a long shot, my awakening came out of despair. Several years ago I was severely depressed for a number of reasons that are unimportant. I had been trying to open myself up to spirituality, reading books, buying tarot card all kinds of silly shit. One day I decided I'd had enough and hanged myself with a belt. I lost consciousness fairly quickly, and all I can remember was static and voices that were speaking without making words. I couldn't think but I was present. After what could have been an eternity or two seconds, I woke up on the ground. It was a terrifying sensation, like when your foot falls asleep but throughout my entire body. I was shaking and sweating, not sure if I should call an ambulance. After a few minutes I looked at the angel tarot deck that was sitting on my desk and for no particular reason I asked, "which of you did this?" The card I pulled was the Prince of Air.

I laughed harder than I have ever laughed before, and from that point forward I decided to take a lighter approach to life. It isn't always easy, and I've had my ups and downs, but overall things have been better. I no longer feel attached to people or to things the way I used to.
>>
>>17664415

Raja yoga. Read Patanjali
>>
>>17664415
Honestly mushrooms
>>
>>17666440

If you've already laid the spiritual groundwork, that can certainly help. Otherwise, it's really hit or miss.
>>
>>17666444
THIS. I've seen people have a really bad time on psychedelics because they haven't got into the right mindset beforehand.

OP, seeing as how you're a Buddhist, consider finding Buddhist teachers to guide you rather than relying on books.
>>
The celestine prophecy. A great read
>>
>>17665593
what's the disposition to drugs?
>>
>>17666444
people demonize drugs as much as people into the spiritual are demonized by regular folks.. shrooms arent bad for you, lsd sin't bad for you. It's a psychedelic substance. The state of mind psychedelics puts you in is the direct opposite of what were normally suppressed to
>>
>>17666717

I'm not demonizing anything. I'm speaking from experience.
>>
>>17666894
when you get to the point when you're doing it for the euphoria you're out of bounds. Otherwise there's only such a thing as a bad trip, unless you can't handle yourself and crave more, but that's out of bounds once more. And you always come back from a bad trip. In fact bad trips teach you to glide through it without judgement or shame, figuratively killing your ego by letting you choose the path of least resistance and follow the flow without internal conflict or hindrance
>>
>>17666930

Why are you telling me this?
>>
>>17664415
>What Books should I read ?

http://en.falundafa.org/falun-dafa-books.html

>What should I do except reading ?

http://en.falundafa.org/falun-dafa-video-audio.html
>>
Psilocybin containing mushrooms were put here on this so that if the creator decided to descend on earth in a human form, he could consume the friendly reminder that is shrooms to stay on the one path that matters and not get lost in this society.
>>
>>17666953
since you're telling me that you can have bad experiences with it in the way that it's basically a risk, which it isn't
>>
>>17667073

Can you point to me telling you this?
>>
>>17666953
if I misunderstood you I'm sorry I can see it from another way
but basically "enlightenment" is generally hit or miss, since it also happens by itself. I mean that you can be put onto the path through outside interference, that it's really meant to be some times, but it only takes you onto the path, you have to go along with it after that point.

You can't aim for an awakening via drugs, it would never happen by your own doing. It's a two way portal
>>
>>17667092
>You can't aim for an awakening via drugs, it would never happen by your own doing. It's a two way portal

I don't understand what this means.

I did a lot of psychedelics, sometimes on heroic doses. I had a lot of fun. Along with everything else I was doing, I made a lot of progress. Nothing I got out of that was as profound, or as shattering, as states reached without the drugs.
>>
>>17667108
so what exactly did you get out of drugs versus something far more profound while not on drugs?

I'm curious since my experiences literally changed my life, so I'm curious to know if those things aren't "profound enough" compared to what else
>>
>>17667128

I'd hit some heavy trance states on acid and experienced some pretty freaky shit. I was pretty sure I'd hit dhyana at least once.

What happened without drugs was really hard to describe, really. I hit samadhi on the abstract notioin of my magical career, is one way of putting it. I also had what appears to have been the great realization or something like it. You might also say I pulled the mask off the magician. When time started again, I knew a hell of a lot about me than I'd ever known before and had a confidence and certainty in my own being that I never knew possible.
>>
>>17664415
You should carefully select a valid Tradition, and then focus all your heart upon that alone for the rest of your life. Avoid syncretism as you would a leprous AIDS-infested plague-zombie. Anything else, OP, and you'll just be deceiving yourself. Honestly, you won't get anywhere on your own. Ignore all of the, "I'm spiritual but not religious" garbage that people say. Pick a religious Tradition and devote yourself to it to the greatest possible extent that you can.

Remember, too, OP, when you're meditating upon your choice of who you want to become: you don't have to judge a religion based upon it's followers, or upon people who CLAIM to follow such and such religion. Don't be afraid to embody your chosen Tradition.
>>
>>17667189
You still drop once in a while? If not when was the last time and have you considered dropping again? Just looking for a different opinion is all

That sounds awesome, I've never really pierced the vale when it comes to being sober, well I kind of come close, but I haven't punched a hole that's for sure.

A friend of mine talks about remembering early early memories from this life in growing consciousness, and that meditation generally is just self discovery and I think that's cool

On the other hand lsd doesn't merely give you a hallucinogenic experience, it also opens up your mind and psyche so that you can reach insane states of mind and your third eye is just on steroids. I have only used my third eye on acid but that has been very powerful. I haven't even done it that much or in high doses, so it's really mostly something that I can do, which makes it even worse that I just don't follow up on it more while sober.

I'm really pro lsd, dmt, shrooms and especially weed of any grade or kind since psychedelic usage has started to alter the effect of weed on people, enhancing it's psychedelic properties. This seems more to be because of the psychedelics leaving a mark or opening up for the mind rather than the world has just shifted making weed act differently for some people, who just so happens to be also did psychedelics.

Basically I think we've probably learned similar things, but through different methods
>>
>>17667236

I haven't dropped in 24 years. I didn't get zapped until fairly recently. I'd probably consider dropping again, if it were available. Probably be even more open to shrooms.

I don't get much psychedelic effect with weed, unless combined with high-intensity sex and that's not consistent.
>>
>>17667270
Well I hope you get to do it again under nice settings somewhere soon if you desire it. shrooms grow themselves = way easier to get a hold of and cheaper, which is a win/win if you're more proned to that. They can be as effective as lsd regarding psychedelic experience. Shrooms are for sculpting. Lsd is for tearing down a brick wall. Shrooms are organic and lsd is a technology
>>
>>17667525

I tired of mushrooms, though they're amazing at high doses. Ended up giving a quarter pound away.

Acid was different, more edgy. 100 mike was cute. 300 trippy. In between was asking for a bad trip. 1000 mike transformative. I dropped 500 once before Easter dinner at my grandmothers and forgot about it, til the rush hit part way through the meal. Drove home in a stick shift. Fun times.
>>
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year
Running over the same old ground
And how we found
The same old fears
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.