[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heaven, Hell, brought back to life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: 1454995070495.png (27KB, 477x387px) Image search: [Google]
1454995070495.png
27KB, 477x387px
if heaven and hell exist, lets say we brought back someone from the dead, like with science, would God allow us to take the soul back into the body that it once inhabited or would it be a soulless empty shell of a person?
>>
>would God allow us to take the soul back into the body

Yeah. Just ask someone who passed on and was resuscitated. Many have claimed to have encountered Heaven or Hell.
>>
>>17661078
What if it was the mind convincing itself it was dead? before it finally turned off?
>>
Read:
http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/hwr.aspx
>>
I mean, doesn't that also pose the question of whether the soul and consciousness are linked? Are they the same thing?

If not, what purpose does the soul actually serve, then?

If they're the same thing, would it even be possible?

If they aren't the same then you'd have a person without the qualities that having a soul imparts. Although I'm not totally sure what those qualities would actually be.
>>
>>17661083
How would that change the outcome? Mentality =/= spirituality.
>>
If heaven and hell exist, then god has some explaining to do.

Well, mostly just answering one question: Why the fuck does hell even EXIST, insofar as this god is supposed to be loving and forgiving.

Loving and forgiving people don't build a spike-pit full of burning coals and shrug their shoulders as unwilling, unsuspecting people are dropped form a chute into it.

Loving and forgiving people don't make torture dungeons full of meat-hooks and hot pokers in their basement, kidnap people and tell them "Well, you didn't fall in love with me whilst I was staring at you from my bedroom window, so you sent YOURSELF here!"

Also, literally nothing is gained form this outcome. People get tortured for their so-called "sins", especially that whole "not loving the creepy stalker" sin, they beg for the agony to stop and that they will repent or do anything for it to end..... and then it keeps going for eternity.
WHY!?!
What's the point?
How does this benefit ANYBODY?

Is the guy in charge of hell just a massive sadist? is god HELPLESS to do anything about it, or just unwanting?

Does he ONLY wish to spend his time surrounded by sycophants, grovelling serfs and people that would gladly drink his piss?
And everybody else must be brutally tortured for not being said piss-drinking type?

That's not a god, that's a narcissistic cunt! that's a VILLAIN!
>>
File: i am listening.jpg (9KB, 261x216px) Image search: [Google]
i am listening.jpg
9KB, 261x216px
>>17661084
I'll admit, I'm lazy, and I've always heard his work is amazing. I really need to read them

>>17661085
>>17661091
It's like a cog more or less, what if instead, they work like a clock, all the little cogs form to build 1 giant clock. The spirit is the biggest 2nd biggest cog up to the mind being number one. You remove these 2 and you have Henry Frankenstein. (reference)

A man with no real man or soul to guild the journey of life, is no more than an animal to go thru and eat when hungry, shit when needing to, mate when in heat. So what more are the 2?

Commonly, I hear,"Without a soul you have no moral grounds"

>>17661116
I believe God exists but does not interfere with humanity (anymore if he ever did) so we can learn on our own and make humanity good again. I don't believe the bible is actually God's word due to it being written by a bunch of old men who just didn't like things going the way they wanted. So no one REALLY knows what God wants. Maybe he is the flying spaghetti monster, maybe they are really aliens. Who knows, all I know is when I die, I really hope there is an afterlife.
>>
>>17661138
>I believe God exists but does not interfere with humanity

WHY do you believe it AT ALL!?!
What's the justification? what makes you think this in the first place?

*so we can learn on our own and make humanity good again.*

When was it LAST "good"?

*So no one REALLY knows what God wants*

Or if it CAN want anything.
How is the god that doesn't interfere with humanity compare with the god that doesn't exist?

*Who knows, all I know is when I die, I really hope there is an afterlife.*

.....Why?
>>
>>17661154
Man, you seem really mad at my thread and seem really snobby. Please calm down friend.

>why?
Cause I have to anon. It's one of those feelings that make me feel like a chocolate cream doughnut, and with out I'm just an empty doughnut
>>
>>17661176

>Man, you seem really mad at my thread and seem really snobby.

I AM NOT MAD!!!!
Actually, I'm more confused. none of this makes any sense to me at all. I don't understand why people are so drawn to it.

If anything, I'd like answers.

I don't see the difference at all.

One's a doughnut, the other one's a doughnut with extra.
It doesn't equate to the analogy, because life is demonstrable and the bit that comes afterwards just seems to be a comforting notion to tell you that there's a reward at the end.... so, you're working hard in order to get something nice AFTER you die?

The fuck's with THAT?
it almost sounds like something out of a fantasy involving a death-cult.
>>
>>17661186
>If anything, I'd like answers.
As I said, I don't have an answer really cept the doughnut analogy for ya. its like my main fetish, I still dont have a damn clue

>It doesn't equal
It does because a cream filled doughnut vs a normal doughnut with a whole in it.

>Why work hard if for something you don't know is real
It's the adventure. You make it sound as though

"Why does he get an apple when he did nothing" concept.

It's not about religion, it's about being spiritual. All religions basically revolve around this concept but tell it differently.

Why do people want or have this or need it in their life? Because we are weak, we need something to sustain us. We need something that will make us feel like we are worth living, and if you wanna be a Beta Atheist, laughing at people who are happy while you're not, then in reality you're the guy that's actually the most sad when people want something to know when they die

>death cult
That would imply we all die together and we drank the cool-aid. that's different. Believing in something, doing something to make the world better; religion isn't bad in itself but the people that take it way too overly serious.
>>
>>17661204
No, that's a suicide cult.
a death cult worships death.
>>
>>17661296
Most religions don't worship death, they worship life. Death is bit a part of life therefore you cannot surpass it so you might as well accept that you will die some time in the future
>>
>>17661186
STOP typing LIKE this you FUCKING RETARD. IT makes YOU look like a RANTING LUNATIC.
>>
>>17661314
MAKE ME!!!
>>
>>17661303
actually, they claim that life is the test, the first stage of the "better stuff that lasts forever" which comes afterwards.

Most religions absolutely worship death.
>>
>>17661067
Satan tries to do this already in Emergency Rooms, but instead of putting the soul back into the body, his aim is to put his spirit into the body instead, so that he can live vicariously through the victim's body...

This is why the phrase "puppet for the devil" exists.

This is how voodoo zombies are made, these are the devils, the lizards that are on earth.

He uses them to make an oppressive army on the earth... using countless bodies to shill and commit acts of evil, terrorism, etc.
>>
>>17661067
>>17661442
I can even speak from experience...
Last Christmas I was attacked by a demon, the antichrist, Tom Brady/Young Thug (yea it's weird ik)
He used telepathy (schizophrenia) to talk to me and pretend that he was Allah.
He told me to break all of the mirrors in my house which I did, and I ended up being hospitalized for it.
It was a set up, and at the hospital I was physically attacked by lizards working there, drugged with unknown sedatives, and had my blood drained while I was unconscious.
He thought he could turn me into a lizard and bodysnatch me, but he was wrong.
God kept me alive and put my spirit back into my body.
When I woke up I was in the crazy house and was trapped there for a whole month.
>>
>>17661442
>Satan tries to do this already in Emergency Rooms

Prove it.

> his aim is to put his spirit into the body instead, so that he can live vicariously through the victim's body

Prove it....

>This is how voodoo zombies are made

Prove they exist....

> these are the devils

Prove they exist.

>the lizards that are on earth

Prove they exist without making me laugh.

>He uses them to make an oppressive army on the earth

You seem to know an awful lot about this invisible being...

>using countless bodies to shill and commit acts of evil, terrorism

Actually, it's religion and religious ideologies that cause that.
>>
>>17661454
nigga it's the fucking internet, and on top of that, it's /x/, you either Believe or you don't
>>
>>17661459
What kind of a retard just believes ANYTHING without evidence?
>>
>>17661449
holy shit, please seek therapy with shock treatment

>>17661459
Middle ground
>agnostic

which im hoping most people here are

>>17661471
>>>/sci/
>>
>>17661505

Wait, why direct me to /sci/?

Oh, shit, wait.... I get it!

None of you actually do believe that this stuff is real, do you?
>>
>>17661067
A better question is; what if a rapist pedophile got into a car accident, suffered severe brain damage, and recovered with no rapist or pedophilactic urges, then is his spirit still a rapist or is it "cured"? Or in another case, if a good samaritan suffered brain damage and then has the urge to murder, is the soul a good samaritan or a murderer?
>>
>>17661505
>evidence isn't important because I like being an ignorant neanderthal
>>
>>17661521
Yes. Sorry there beta fedora some of us wanna believe in something. Why do you think /x/ is a thing?

>>17661541
damn that is a good question

>>17661551
I didn't say that. I said Agnostic. Meaning, if there is proof awesome, if there isn't well whatever. There's a big difference. I'm not blindingly following something I can't see of course which is why I denounced myself as a christian sometime around 3 years ago. I'm not believing in a book that can't prove nothing and is no more than fiction to me yet is for some reason in the Non-fiction section.

I believe there is a God out there. But what he is too, I have no idea.
>>
>>17661568
>some of us wanna believe in something.

But why believe in THIS?
Obviously it's only because you WANT to, but why THIS, of all things?
>>
>>17661599
Why Do you KEEP doing THIS?
WHY do I like super HEROES? Because I want to.

>I don't know how to read the thread or anything I've already said so instead I'm going to keep asking you same thing over and over again and get mad when you don't answer it the way I want to hear it cause I don't like opinions
>I'm a fedora neckbard atheist and hate anything to do with religion or god. Therefore, any one who brings up the subject, I'm going to be 100% an asshole about it
>I don't like being lonely, but no one understands me and my euphoric ways
>>
>>17661615

>WHY do I like super HEROES? Because I want to.

There is a profound difference between liking superheroes and electing to sacrifice your intellect and your dignity to the primitive notion of a tribal blood-god.

Comparing the two is just fucking retarded.
>>
>>17661639
>>17661599
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y201QzDdzbg
>>
>>17661639
I'm not saying to follow a cult, I'm not saying you should listen to it, what I'm saying is that there could be a God. I'm not going to sweat over it tho. I see no reason to. Most common religions aren't saying to kill yourself over it. Most from what I've read just say to enjoy life, be a good person, and as long as you do all that, you will get into heaven when you die. But if all you look at IS that then you pretty much are selfish and can only see that as it is.

the reason I compare the 2 is because of liking/believing in something can be around the same concept. You believe in something, so you more than likely like it.
>>
File: 0s7gfo[2].jpg (18KB, 600x344px) Image search: [Google]
0s7gfo[2].jpg
18KB, 600x344px
>>17661454
Lol faggit
>>
>>17661663
he's not wrong tho
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
I have a question that's been bothering me...

What if death really is the end and who we are is gone? I mean... not in some shitty atheist sense, but what if death means that who we are stops existing? No conscientiousness or spirit.

Your brain gets a blast of chemicals to ease the death and when it's done....you're gone.

If that's the case, what do people shot in the head experience if their brain can't deliver the chemicals?

I've lost sleep over these questions, my mind is often riddled with thoughts about my transition to dead. It's a deep empty feeling.
>>
>>17661673
>last sentence
see! This is what I'm saying. Atheism or not, it's the concept in which, when we die, our brain is active just long enough to let our mind finally finish. What if, that part of our brain makes us think that there is a heaven and hell cause it was taught to us?

So lets say now, that we find someone who is 100% Agnostic. He was never taught religion, he was never taught Heaven and Hell, but instead just told there is something out there for us when we die. We haven't told them anything other than this, or we tell them nothing.

We find a way to kill them and bring them back and ask them"What did you exp?" and they tell us. If the answer is "Some blinding light, some golden gates." and whatever else someone else says before without anything like that, then I could say"I feel better knowing someone who has never known religion or God to know that it could or not exist.
>>
File: 1462376068303.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1462376068303.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>17661701
Coincidentally, I am very agnostic.

I have been told Hell is what you fear most and heaven is what you want most.

I just want to nap all day with my passed pets. I just want to see them again.

But you do raise an interesting experiment.

Not enough studies are done on death and I think it's either because people are scared of answers or someone is being hushed.
>>
>>17661655

>what I'm saying is that there could be a God

Perhaps.
There might also be naked, invisible pixies sliding their dicks in and out of your ears.

Because it's not impossible, are you now forced to believe that your brains are full of pixie cum?

Of course not, because you're not a complete fuck up.

The time to START believing in something is when there's a damn good reason to begin entertaining the notion.
A few books written by some unimaginative primitives about their base lack of understanding about the world and morality is NOT a good reason.

The fact that the world is very beautiful and that it functions just so, and it all seems very complex is NOT a good reason to suppose a magic man is behind it.

>Most from what I've read just say to enjoy life, be a good person, and as long as you do all that, you will get into heaven when you die.

Your lack of ability to get out of the house and actually experience the real world is not my problem.

Also, heaven? Why is this obvious lie so attractive to you? It's literally promising you ANYTHING as long as you'll kneel like a serf bitch.

HOW are you falling for THIS!?!
>>
>>17661731
more than likely they are scared this is an after life, a heaven hell satan and god to think that if they kill someone they goto hell.
>>
File: paint bait2.png (17KB, 1233x794px) Image search: [Google]
paint bait2.png
17KB, 1233x794px
>>17661748
>There might also be naked, invisible pixies sliding their dicks in and out of your ears.
>The other dimension
>Doctor Strange

ok im not listening to you any more till you STOP talking in RANDOM fucking CAPS cause you look like an idiot

Will you please shut the fuck up and go away

you're not talking about anything here but completely dissing the concept.

PLEASE be a BETA faggot SOMEWHERE else.
>>
>>17661731

Me: "Hey you! Buy this box off of me for a hundred bucks!"

You: "Oh boy! what's in the box!?!"

Me: "everything you've ever wanted. EXACTLY what you want right at this very moment. it's magical like that!"

You: "OH BOY!!! Can I see it before I hand you my money?"

Me: "Oh, no, no, no! If you do that before giving me your money, then everything in the box will turn into everything you hate and fear the most."

You: "GOOD GOLLY! thank you for warning me, honest stranger! TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY!!!"
>>
>>17661763
Awe, look at that: the little primitive can't answer a simple question....

I said nothing to do with dimensions or doctor strange. I have no idea where you even pulled that from, you dishonest fucking coward.

I said that the notion of believing something before there's any good reason to do so is fucking retarded.
>>
File: what game.png (17KB, 625x617px) Image search: [Google]
what game.png
17KB, 625x617px
>>17661764
no one is listening to you any more. Please fuck off

Guys, heres what we do, when this dumbass posts, just post a troll or bait pic to him

>>17661771
I've literally answered your question like 5 times. Why do I believe? Because I can. Why do I like something? Because I can. How many times have I said this? I think 3 or 5 times? I'm not sure any more. You're literally not going to convince any one here. No one here is taking you serious at all cause you keep posting in caps, you keep posting like a retard beta fedora atheist who acts like he has no real friends in the real world so instead he has to make fun of people and has to drown himself in more self pity.

You're not cool
You're not smart
you're an asshole who thinks he's better than everyone else.
This is no evidence of god but there is no evidence there isn't a god either.

It's like you're watching a terrible movie with a bunch of people and you're the only one laughing with the 11 other people saying shit like"YOU DON'T GET THIS HUMOR? HOW DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THIS? ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID?"
>>
File: image.jpg (268KB, 722x1107px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
268KB, 722x1107px
>>
>>17661796
dude that is some cool art
>>
>>17661791
Well, you wouldn't be a true christian if you didn't run away from an argument like a little bitch when it becomes too difficult for you.
>>
>>17661810
I didn't run away at all. I told you the answer 5 times over.

I cannot explain why, i just believe. I'm sorry that I do.

I believe because I have the need to believe. Like 1 dude said, it's just this empty feeling you get and it's nothing that can really help you feel better but that.
>>
>>17661849
Yeah, the answer you gave five times was "i believe because i want to".

My question for FOUR of those times was "WHY do you want to believe it?"
Which you elected to not answer.

because you're a fucking coward.
>>
>>17661891
Ask them all right now. I answered what made fucking sense. I'm not a coward. You're an asshole who can't talk coherently at all

I like how when I call you a beta faggot fedora loser you say nothing to it.
>>
>>17661891
what's it like not having friends?
>>
>>17661919
I would be his friend. Meanie.
>>
>>17662020
Or her. Their friend I suppose.
>>
>>17661176
>It's one of those feelings that make me feel like a chocolate cream doughnut, and with out I'm just an empty doughnut
That is probably the cutest thing I've read on 4chan
>>
>>17662087
You're welcome anon
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.