[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Semi-lucid dream?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (43KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 300x168px
Hello /x/,
Last night I think I had a half-lucid dream, if that exists. In the middle of the dream, I realized I was dreaming, but couldn't change the dream. It was almost like watching a movie in first person, constantly knowing I was asleep. Does anyone know what the fuck happened?
>>
>>17640144
It's a lucid dream.

lucid dream does not necessarily mean you can control what you are dreaming.
only that you are self-aware.
>>
>>17640144
Have you tried to change it?
>>
I have those all the time, as well as other times where I can sorta control things, but it feels like something is fighting back against my control.

It's all in your mind. Not just the dream, but everything.
>>
>>17640144
Use the dream thread. >>17625608
>>
Just the start of lucidity. First lucid dream I ever had I realized the truth it was a dream, literally walked briefly, then sunk back into am uncontrollable normal. Although, it was all so surreal.
>>
I guess posting this here is better than starting a new thread. I don't dream much, or don't remember them at least. I have a dream once every few months that I remember when I wake up. Its been this way as long as I can remember.

Is there a way to work on this? I want to dream.
>>
>>17640818
Start a dream journal. It's one of the best ways to improve dream recall.

Also make sure you aren't waking up during REM sleep or it'll be harder to remember your dreams.
>>
>>17642727
I've had a pad and paper next to my bed for the last year. I've got two dreams written down. Mostly mundane shit. In one I got a really nice car in at work, the other was sitting in a math class and went over shit we'd learned about that day.
>>
>>17640144
Use the dream thread. >>17625608
>>
>>17640144
I had an incredibly weird dream myself which is why i'm on /x/ right now, I think it may of been sleep paralasis but i'm not quite sure I just remember it being incredibly vivid and real during the time. I remember being pitch black in a dark forest and seeing an alien stood behind a tree and he started waving at me I tried to wave back but I was so shook with fear I couldn't move It felt as if I was frozen, then I think It was just the curtain in the dark but i'm not too sure
>>
It's pretty much that way for me half the times I dream.

I sort of know I'm in a dream and it's like I'm participating in it, almost like an actor, but I can't change the script.
Sometimes I even go "no, ok, let's try things again and maybe I can make things go differently"; sometimes it doesn't work and I do the same stuff again, other time it does and I can sorta change the outcome

Most of the time this kind of dreams are accompanied by a feeling like they are a "sequel" to another dream, a spin-off, or in general some sort of deja-vu

Nothing too special, it's mostly fun because sometimes I end up trying to do stuff again and again from a "savepoint", there's not much tension usually

Also, I noticed that these things usually happen in the hours when I'm about to wake up, or when I snooze my alarm button
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.