[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hex /x/ whats your recomendation for some occult books ? I dont

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 16

Hex /x/ whats your recomendation for some occult books ?
I dont want books from con artists, And I dont believe in paranormal nor in afterlife, I believe that all these stuffs are metaphors.Thats why I dont want to read book from mentally ill person.I want to find the meaning, not to create one in then.
>>
>>Books

Invisibility: Mastering the Art of Vanishing (Paths to Inner Power) - Steve Richards
http://www.4shared.com/document/G7-ECo8G/Invisibility_-_Steve_Richards.html

The Practice of Magical Evocation - Franz Bardon
http://www.4shared.com/document/ZLYIUlx1/The_Practice_of_Magical_Evocat.html

Initiation into Hermetics - Franz Bardon
http://www.4shared.com/document/HZkTR3P0/Initiation_into_Hermetics_-_Fr.html

The Key to the True Kabbalah - Franz Bardon
http://www.4shared.com/document/fhCmHIbI/The_Key_to_the_True_Kabbalah_-.html

Frabato the Magician - Franz Bardon
http://www.4shared.com/document/WfFh4yWh/Frabato_the_Magician_-_Franz_B.html

Goetia: The Lesser Key of Solomon - S. L. MacGregor Mathers
http://www.4shared.com/document/1lfwtgKE/Goetia_The_Lesser_Key_of_Solom.html

The Grimoire of Armadel - S. L. MacGregor Mathers
http://www.4shared.com/document/9ptmzGba/The_Grimoire_of_Armadel_-_S_L_.html

The Kabbalah Unveiled - S. L. MacGregor Mathers
http://www.4shared.com/document/9B2xhzKl/The_Kabbalah_Unveiled_-_Samuel.html

The Sorcerer and His Apprentice - S. L. MacGregor Mathers and J. W. Brodie-Innes
http://www.4shared.com/document/n_F14x73/The_Sorcerer_and_His_Apprentic.html

The Encyclopedia of Angels - Rosemary Guiley
http://www.4shared.com/document/IruS2Gzh/The_Encyclopedia_of_Angels_-_R.html

The Encyclopedia of Demons and Demonology - Rosemary Guiley and John Zaffis
http://www.4shared.com/document/gu2oxjIp/The_Encyclopedia_of_Demons_and.html

The Encyclopedia of Magic And Alchemy - Rosemary Guiley
http://www.4shared.com/document/R830PYjK/The_Encyclopedia_of_Magic_And_.html
>>
File: 4sharedLinks.jpg (16KB, 654x240px) Image search: [Google]
4sharedLinks.jpg
16KB, 654x240px
>>17638092
>>
>>17638099
yeah shit...
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Invisibility%3A+Mastering+the+Art+of+Vanishing+(Paths+to+Inner+Power)+-+Steve+Richards
>>
>>17638125
Anon here most likely has the high quality editions of these files ready in his backpocket and you think it's better idea to send fellow anons on an almost all day-long goose hunt to see what kind of wild random shit comes up. *facepalm*

If your advice was so sound, certainly you wouldn't mind starting from the beginning with the very first book file on Invisibility and show us where you can find it on the interwebs and how long it took you.

>>17638092
You wouldn't happen to have other works by Steve Richards, would you anon? Stuff like "Levitation: What it is, How it Works, How to Do it" or The Traveller's Guide to the Astral Plane.

Tnx
>>
https://fringechan.org/library/
>>
>>17638092
new age: the list

next you're going to tell people to browse montalk

>>17639929
spoke too soon.
>>
>>17640023
>new age
"New age" is a stupid buzzword.

It's funny how the occult is the only area of study where old knowledge is preferable to new knowledge. The scholars of religion tend to be forward-thinking, while the scholars of sorcery are backward-thinking; this is why nobody respects occultists.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/Book-SubGenius-Sacred-Teachings-Dobbs/dp/0671638106/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462036895&sr=8-1&keywords=Church+of+the+Subgenius
>>
File: Oldschool Norah Jones CD.gif (5KB, 357x369px) Image search: [Google]
Oldschool Norah Jones CD.gif
5KB, 357x369px
>>17638092
>All this stupid fake jewish shit
Modern Western magicians worst magicians.
>>
>>17641910
Yes one which is synonymous with hokey bullshit that doesn't even real.

The problem isn't old or new, the problem is that the modern "Western" tradition of magic and the occult is based on stupid jewish fraud garbage like Abramelin sprinkled with flawed perceptions of older religions. Dungeons & Dragons literally has more occult truth than Hermeticism.
>>
>>17641996
There is no "real" magic. Magic isn't real.
>>
>>17642003
Why are you here?
>>
File: 1334628464173.jpg (17KB, 350x277px) Image search: [Google]
1334628464173.jpg
17KB, 350x277px
>>17642003
Ok bluepill.
>>
Did their authors really intend them as metaphors or did they really write them as manuals for magical rituals?
>>
File: velma hijab.jpg (119KB, 900x1165px) Image search: [Google]
velma hijab.jpg
119KB, 900x1165px
>>17642006
Because I'm interested in the paranormal? The board is called /x/ - Paranormal, not /x/ - Magic. Magic isn't real.
>>
>>17642008
>appealing to a bad 90's pop cultural reference because you don't have any substantial arguments

A real wizard wouldn't be getting sucked into internet arguments about whether or not magic is real.

Magic isn't real.
>>
>>17642017
I didn't get sucked. I just stated the obvious fact that you're a badly bluepilled mundane.
>>
>>17642021
"You're a bluepilled mundane" is an opinion, not a fact. I don't consider myself mundane. From my perspective you're the one who's mundane for clinging to archaic superstition. Magic isn't real.
>>
File: 1427575964241.jpg (44KB, 681x496px) Image search: [Google]
1427575964241.jpg
44KB, 681x496px
>>17642014
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArbitrarySkepticism

>Not being genre savvy
>>
Is 'mundane' and 'bluepilled' supposed to be some derogatory word or something?
>>
>>17642017
Wizards are allowed to shitpost, nay, we are the kings of it! Who else has endless spare time on their hands?
>>
File: star_wars_q2.jpg (31KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
star_wars_q2.jpg
31KB, 400x300px
>>17642030
It's ok. In your later teens you will begin to realize that the world is not so simple as you fathomed.
>>
>>17642021
Do you even know what "blue pill" and "red pill" mean?

It's a dichotomy between those who embrace pleasant fantasies, and those who embrace unpleasant truth.

Regardless of whether you believe or don't believe, it's a fact that for most people, the idea of magic is a pleasant one. Nobody disbelieves in magic because they find the thought unpleasant.
>>
>>17642046
>words can only have this meaning that i give them!

Have you even seen the /x/'s version of blue pill and red pill? Stop splitting hairs retard.
>>
>>17642038
>In your later teens you will begin to realize
Don't most occultists believe that wisdom exists in people of every age? That things like time and space are part of the "illusion"?

A wizard would never insult someone based on their age, that's definitely something a mundane would say, you mundane.
>>
>>17642046
>Nobody disbelieves in magic because they find the thought unpleasant.
>Muh ebul eye
That's simply false. And obviously you're a White suburbanite child who's never met a black in your life.
>>
>>17642051
>Stop splitting hairs retard.
Calm down, you are way too invested in this argument you've started. If magic existed, you wouldn't be this upset about people saying it doesn't. Magic isn't real.
>>
File: sunglasses.gif (991KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
sunglasses.gif
991KB, 320x240px
>>17642053
You don't even know what wizard or magic is. You're that mundane. Kid.
>>
>>17642065
I still want to know why you're so arbitrarily skeptical of magic but are interested in "the paranormal"? What part of the paranormal are you interested in? Cryptids are mostly hoaxes and ayy lmao shit is mostly new age crap mixed with government disinfo.
>>
File: nazar-amulet-65015_1280.jpg (404KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
nazar-amulet-65015_1280.jpg
404KB, 1280x960px
>>17642054
>>Nobody disbelieves in magic because they find the thought unpleasant.
>>Muh ebul eye
The people who say "muh ebul eye" do believe in magic, though. They believe that it is real and harmful. I'm saying it's fake and harmless. You can't compare me to them.

Just for reference, I'm a Muslim. "The evil eye" is something many more superstitious Muslims take very seriously and guard themselves against (pic related). I don't guard myself against the evil eye because I know it isn't real. Magic isn't real.
>>
>>17642089
I thought muslims are supposed to believe in magic.
>>
File: dawkins.jpg (63KB, 948x1414px) Image search: [Google]
dawkins.jpg
63KB, 948x1414px
>>17642089
>I'm a Musli
>i don't believe in magic
>Muhammad flew on a winged horse and split the moon

Holy fuck, the cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>17642093
Well, there's nuance to these things. What the Quran refers to as "sihr", which is commonly translated as "sorcery" or "witchcraft", is a fair ways removed from the western concept of magic.

Sihr is the art of communicating with jinn. It does not involve doodling made-up sigils on paper, or inscribing metal amulets, or walking around in the circle while waving a wand. Is is an austere, brutal, and malevolent psychic art. Nobody on /x/ has ever seen a jinn, I can guarantee you. Most people don't survive the encounter, and those who do are never the same.
>>
File: fedora 021.jpg (87KB, 888x440px) Image search: [Google]
fedora 021.jpg
87KB, 888x440px
>>17642098
>>
>>17642089
That was my point exactly. They don't believe in magic because they like it.

>Just for reference, I'm a Muslim.
Ahh, now the retardation makes sense. You still haven't answered the question though. What do you consider "paranormal" that you seem to believe so much in?
>>
>>17642117
So magic is mentioned in your holy book and you don't believe in it?
Doesn't matter the methods, using jinns or amulets or spells, they're all magic or at least what people believe is magic.
Besides, the modern Saudi Arabian government have executed people for black magic. Not for communicating with jinns, but for black magic.
>>
>>17642098
>>17642124
The jewish religions don't know what magic is so they can't see it in their own bullshit mythologies.

>Old Testament: Divination is EBUL!
>Use divination constantly
>>
>>17642127
>Doesn't matter the methods, using jinns or amulets or spells, they're all magic or at least what people believe is magic

I mean, I guess, but aren't you just arguing semantics at this point?
>>
File: fedora jack.gif (403KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
fedora jack.gif
403KB, 500x373px
>>17642126
>Ahh, now the retardation makes sense.
>>
>>17642136
Well it sure ain't science.

Also since you bring in sihr, does that mean you are saying sihr is magic?
So, in that case, do you believe in sihr?
>>
>>17642054
Wait. So blacks ARE magic? I was right all along.
>>
>>17642127
They were probably gay, desu. They'd rather people think there are evil witches in their country than gays. Muzzies aren't a fan of gays.
>>
>>17642117
Muhammad split the moon in half, Muhammad flew on a winged horse, the sole existence of Islam is based on a purposed communication with an archangel. That is all magic

mag·ic
ˈmajik/Submit
noun
the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
"do you believe in magic?"
synonyms: sorcery, witchcraft, wizardry, necromancy, enchantment, the supernatural, occultism, the occult, black magic, the black arts, voodoo, hoodoo, mojo, shamanism; More
adjective
used in magic or working by magic; having or apparently having supernatural powers.
"a magic wand"
synonyms: supernatural, enchanted, occult
"a magic spell"
informal
wonderful; exciting.
"what a magic moment"
synonyms: fascinating, captivating, charming, glamorous, magical, enchanting, entrancing, spellbinding, magnetic, irresistible, hypnotic More
verb
move, change, or create by or as if by magic.
"he must have been magicked out of the car at the
>>
>>17642210
>appeal to false authority

Dictionaries are not authoritative. If you were in a debate hall and you started reading definitions out of a dictionary, you'd be called out on your fallacy and laughed out of the room.
>>
File: 1453229383828.jpg (685KB, 900x971px) Image search: [Google]
1453229383828.jpg
685KB, 900x971px
>>17642230
pants on head retarded
>>
>>17642230
No, it's an appeal to a well defined word. You can't just concoct definition in your own mind and then expect everyone not to think you're retarded when you say "Welp, not under my definition!"
>>
>>17642230
We're not in a debate hall, go fuck off somewhere else where you make up up your own meanings of words.
>>
>>17642239
>>17642238
Okay, then let's say the dictionary definition is authoritative. Let's agree to define magic as the ability to alter the course of events by using supernatural powers.

Science has consistently shown us that humans don't have supernatural powers. Magic isn't real.
>>
>>17642279
Then Muhammad was a liar.
>>
>>17642279
Are you the previous muslim poster?
You're saying your holy book is wrong?
>>
>>17642283
>Then Muhammad was a liar

That seems like a non sequitur. Muhammad did not claim to have supernatural powers.
>>
>>17642285
>You're saying your holy book is wrong?
The Quran does not attribute any supernatural powers to humans.

Miracles are not a human power; prophets who perform miracles are passively channeling the will of God. Miracles are absolutely not magic.
>>
>>17642294
The key point is believing in the existence of supernatural powers, are you saying you don't believe in magic but believe in supernatural powers if the human claiming them says that it comes from god or jinns?
>>
>>17642279
All magickal systems, western or otherwise, require supernatural agency. The ones who don't will be be the first to admit that magick for them is just an archaic psychology.

And >>17642283
>>
>>17642288
Did Muhammad have supernatural powers or not? Is splitting the moon a supernatural act or not?
>>
What is this splitting the moon thing people keep bringing up?
Something like that should have some record in history. If it literally means like what I think it means.
>>
File: download.jpg (14KB, 196x257px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 196x257px
OP do not read the literature of the dead of spend your time amongst the congregation of the dead, living out damnation

here are the words of the living God

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/john-kjv.html
>>
>>17642303
I don't even understand what your argument is at this point. It seems to me like you're just being argumentative for its own sake. Magic isn't real, why is that so hard for you to accept?
>>
>>17642323
>Did Muhammad have supernatural powers or not?
No.

>Is splitting the moon a supernatural act
It is an act of God.
>>
>>17642347
Why is it so hard to answer a simple question?
>>
>>17642347
Hard to accept that you are a muslim and yet don't believe in magic.
>>
>>17642357
Especially when there's a muslim country that regularly beheads people who were accused of practicing black magic.
>>
>>17642354
>No.

Explain each of these

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracles_of_Muhammad
>>
>>17642117
>>17642117
>>17642117

I'm a Muslim (Usuli Twelver) and I don't know what this anon thinks he's talking about. Sihr is definitely a form of magic, and is fairly consistent with how magic was practiced in the middle ages and renaissance (the Goetia, etc.).

Surah Al-Falaq is a prayer of protection from "the evils of those who blow on knots", which is a reference to magic. It seems very silly to suggest that Allah would grant us protection from something that isn't real.

Magic is real. You can't be a Muslim and not believe this.
>>
>>17642362
To be fair, Saudi Arabia isn't exactly a sterling example of Islamic government. Obviously I show my Shi'a bias when I say this, but there are a lot of Muslims who take issue with the KSA's Salafist interpretations of law.
>>
>>17642354
>It is an act of God.

For someone who has been in Western occultism (Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn), we also claim that our magick is synonymous with God's grace. Our claims cannot be real but ones from your Holy Book are.
>>
>>17642388
So, Iran doesn't hang witches like they do with gays?
>>
File: 1449981987436.jpg (258KB, 770x1038px) Image search: [Google]
1449981987436.jpg
258KB, 770x1038px
>>17642392
You don't have to feed the troll.

Islam actually has a long-standing tradition of divinely inspired "white magic" (Sufism), in fact many western magical texts draw influence from Sufi. Principles of astrology, numerology, and sacred geometry can all be found in Islamic culture.
>>
>>17642407
Any good excerpts on the white magic stuff in Islam?
>>
>>17642434
Not much that's been translated into English, unfortunately. The Picatrix is a good place to start though.
>>
>>17638037
The requisite: Order of Nine Angles
https://omega9alpha.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/the-requisite-ona.pdf

I welcome you as a brother. Seek truth, not illusion
>>
>>17642003
>Magic isn't real.
>>17642014
>Magic isn't real.
>>17642017
>Magic isn't real.
>>17642030
>Magic isn't real.
>>17642065
>Magic isn't real.
>>17642089
>Magic isn't real.
>>17642279
>Magic isn't real.
>>17642347
>Magic isn't real.

I'm so sick and tired of this long train of shitty babbling nonsense. This is like saying: "hey let's get in the car and go somewhere"... and someone says: "wait, I have to step back a thousand years to reinvent the concept of wheel"

FUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

No one gives a shit about what anyone else around here believes. We are not each other's fathers and have zero obligation to be here educating anyone else. In fact I hope everyone around here makes any moron lick their boots and make them perspire a bottle of 5 liters of sweat before even sharing an iota of anything valuable with them.

In short:
Magic = real
You = retard

Magic can be measured, witnessed and replicated like any other real shit. 500 years ago alchemy (predecessor of chemistry and medicine) was such an out-of-this-world department of magic that it had to be encoded with secret cold dragons living in caves and today any mainstream shmuck with a lab coat on his back takes potassium nitrate for granted and knows it burns as fuck on contact with fire and tastes cool on the tongue and comes from cave walls.

Even fringe shit like omnipresence was a magic concept and in the last 50 years became mainstream with countless proved results in quantum entanglement/non-locality that cause all kinds of "spooky actions at a distance".

Magic is stuff that today is at the cutting edge of human understanding and tomorrow is mainstream and will always be unbelievable to 99.9% of smucks. When you see everyone doing mental communication, telepathy will also stop being magic and become mainstream.

That's why people call you a pre-puberty retarded teen, otherwise you would have figured out how life in this world works by now on your own like any decent user of /x/
>>
>>17644089
What is the empirical evidence of magic? What's that? There's none? Well, at least you have a logical argument for magics existence. Oh, you don't? Hmmm... Sounds like magic isn't real.
>>
>>17644089
great b8 btw, you really sell the mentally unstable shut in act very well.
>>
>>17644089
>I'm so sick and tired of this long train of shitty babbling nonsense.
it's just samefag shills

everyone knows magic is real
>>
File: 1446475226105.jpg (17KB, 236x343px) Image search: [Google]
1446475226105.jpg
17KB, 236x343px
>>17644115
>What is the empirical evidence of magic?
what is the evidence against it
what is the definition of it
what is the proper application of the definition of it?
is the proper application of the definition possible
is it doable

magic is real
you aren't thinking
your cognitive dissonance and bias halts you
seek and ye shall find
fnord
>>
>I want occult books that don't take the subject seriously

Which one of the Four Horseman is the Buddhist? Sam Harris? Try him. He likes occult concepts as a psychological tool but for no other purpose. Also read about Jungian archetypes.
>>
>>17644115
>What is the empirical evidence of magic? What's that? There's none? Well, at least you have a logical argument for magics existence. Oh, you don't? Hmmm... Sounds like magic isn't real.

The fucker suffers from OCD... he's obsessed with deluding himself.

You want names/dates/places/experiments/evidence/results/techniques/etc/etc/etc?

Go ask education to your father... he is the one who brought you into this world, you convinced prick... if you don't have one, you're fucked... go slave away to earn it or buy private tutoring, because we have no obligation to be kind to you.

It might have escaped your flimsy perception, but you are in no position to make demands.

From me you get zero... and you are lucky if someone around here doesn't lose patience with you.
>>
I'll start uploading the missing shit because you people are tards.

Where has anyone ever seen a board on paranormal fighting internally about paranormality being real or not?

Go fuck yourselves... both the tard who started it and the mongoloids who should know better but fell to his level.

>>17639810
>You wouldn't happen to have other works by Steve Richards, would you anon? Stuff like "Levitation: What it is, How it Works, How to Do it" or The Traveller's Guide to the Astral Plane. Tnx

1) Levitation: What it is, How it Works, How to Do it: uptobox/com.qm2shspqx5ls hugefiles/net.lcuim5vr6g5y
2) Invisibility: Mastering the Art of Vanishing: uptobox/com.4gq332anxnk9 hugefiles/net.bo4icu35b9xc
3) Luck, Chance and Coincidence: The Mysterious Power of Luck - And How to Make Yours Better: uptobox/com.xskmt0zoj3vv hugefiles/net.6o33h4vdvu4k
4) The Traveller's Guide to the Astral Plane: uptobox/com.2a3tmqml8u6o hugefiles/net.ej3f1t4bw13t

(Exchange the / with the . )

PS: Neither condoning nor condemning Steve Richards material. Check for yourselves and see if he has anything that you can use. Only uploading because in billions of computers connected to this interwebs, I only found one or two with a way to downloadify them.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.