[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vampires

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5

File: eyy_thats_pretty_gud.jpg (34KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
eyy_thats_pretty_gud.jpg
34KB, 500x374px
Are they really out there?
Out of the massive heap of "spoopy" paranormal shit that /x/ discusses, I think vampires seem the most plausible to actually exist.
>>
>>17636650
i dont think so.. though i have to say there are some people who are very obsessed with pretending to be vampires who show up in almost every thread.. and thats pretty spooky.
>>
Yep

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porphyria
>>
>>17636705
Holy shit anon
>>
File: Garlic Traveler.jpg (13KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
Garlic Traveler.jpg
13KB, 355x355px
I remember a while ago, an alleged vampire hunter did a AMA on /x/. I asked him if I shoved a piece of garlic up a vampire's ass, would the vampire explode? He replied with: "If you shoved a piece of garlic up a pixie's ass, would it explode?" The thread later 404'd before I could get a clearer answer.

Then an alleged member of a secret NWO organization did an AMA on /x/. I told him the story of the vampire hunter and asked him the question. He kindly replied with "Pixies do not exist."

Whenever I see a vampire thread on /x/, I repeat this story. It is not a great story. It is a dumb one. One that deals with people who are most likely RPers on /x/. Still, it is my story and I don't know why I share it. But, I have now shared it with you. Maybe one day I will know the answer that if vampires were to exist, would shoving a piece of garlic up one of their asses cause that alleged vampire to explode.
>>
>>17637829
No, I am am a totes legit vampire and I shove garlic-coated dragon dildos up my ass all the time.
Trans girl btw.
>>
>>17636650
They exist. But vampire threads are very unproductive on /x/ because anyone claiming to be a vampire is immediately called a roleplayer and discounted. There's no point to vampire threads on this board because of that.
>>
>>17636650
Nosferatu!
>>
File: tantrum.jpg (33KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
tantrum.jpg
33KB, 600x399px
>>17638042
>Waaaaah! The other kids won't believe my roleplay!
>>
>>17636650
theres a small graveyard next to the village church (which was built 1400-1500~) with some graves, and two graves that are so old that you cant even read anymore when they are from sometimes get some candles in the middle of the night.. but its just those two old-ass graves.

i thought maybe its a vampire putting candles there for someone they knew when they were alive or something.
>>
>>17638210
Mental illness.
>>
>>17637829
Thnx 4 share bro
>>
>>17638042
Hmm, I wonder why...
So mysterious!
>>
>>17637829
Wow! That is one glorious experience.
>>
Where can I find one? I want my neck bitten.
Is it true they can't come in unless invited?
>>
>>17636650
>>17638397

They're not "out there", rather "in there."

Maybe you're aware of how certain things in the legal world seems to go...

Some massive corporation lobbies to get a law changed in a way that will restrict people's freedom and give them unfair advantages over other businesses. Some people realize what is about to happen and start a movement to stop the new laws.

After protesting and getting a lot of attention, the unfair law is stopped, but barely.

Then 3 years later the public have forgotten about it, and something else is the focus of media attention. Then the law is brought up again and this time people are busy and noone stops it.

It's been called the "shock doctrine", using disasters as a distraction to get your way.

For some of these things it seems like the organization/corporation has been trying to change these laws for a very long time. Maybe 100s of years. This is explained by them having agendas written in secret documents that are then passed on over the generations. These things are blamed on freemasons and other secret societies.

But what if there are no secret documents and no agenda passed down over time.. what if it is the same person the whole time, someone who wants to change society in a certain direction and who is not bothered by passing time..?

That's were you could find a vampire. What if all these anti-capitalism conspiracy theories are just people trying to understand things without know all the facts. That there are no secret agendas, it's the same individual all throughout history.
>>
Real vampire here ama
>>
>>17636650
bump for interest

Anyone with even mildly credible leads, information or just something to actually contribute to the discussion other than dank maymays please post.
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 594x506px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 594x506px
>>17637829
Great post. Here's an article for your consideration. I think the garlic wouldn't make it explode but something would happen. http://www.ibtimes.com/vampire-alert-issued-serbia-after-mill-collapses-where-sava-savanovic-buried-909638
>>17637854
Go back to /b/
>>
>>17639360

Do you have any more information on the subject to share?
>>
>>17638237
you mean me or the person placing it?
>>
No. There are only mentally ill faggots (most likely on the autistic spectrum) who drink blood out of a weird fandom of vampires. Mostly tumblr landwhales looking for attention. So they prick themselves or others with a needle and 'feed' for egotistical measures.

Then we have 'magick vampires' special snowflakes who claim the leech off other people's 'energy', which is a load of made up bullshit.
>>
http://jacquesricher.com/occult/psychic.pdf

"After finding herself the subject of a powerful psychic attack in the 1930’s, famed British occultist Dion Fortune wrote this detailed instruction manual on protecting oneself from paranormal attack."

This spawned the "energy vampire" in occult literature, and was popularized by LaVey.
>>
>>17639402
Psychics don't real, the 1930's was a scientifically ignorant period of time, the occult was a 1920's phase that was perpetuated by the richer classes out of boredom and pseudo-intellectualism, LaVey was a charlatan.
>>
>>17639402
>http://jacquesricher.com/occult/psychic.pdf
So, as a skeptic, it is good to go to the source.

Of course Tumblr mentions nowadays are 99% bullshit. The concept has watered in popular media. That is not the occult, that's Harry Potterism.
>>
>>17639409
As a scientist, again, go to the source material. That link is the authoritative canonical work. If you haven't read it, you do not get to say it is all bullshit, by your own scientific standards.

Unless, you give quotes from that book, with a rebuttal, you are neither an occultist or a scientist.
>>
>>17639401
Has your sexual partner never bitten you during sex?
>>
>>17639416
B-b-b-but there is no empirical evidence of paranormal occurrences whatsoever in over 50 years of research! There was a million dollar prize for anyone who could demonstrate psychic ability for almost two decades and nobody could!
Protip: The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence"
>>
>>17639416
>>17639416
>As a scientist
>authoritative canonical work
>appealing to authority this hard

Fuck you. Vampires don't real. The occult is woo bullshit that relies on mental aerobics and word salad, it means nothing. At best all it does is appropriate basic human psychology, that's it.

I don't even need to try to argue against it, because it's 2016 and everyone--even the layman--knows it's horse shit.

>>17639418
Read what I wrote:
>At best all it does is appropriate basic human psychology

What are you about to do, anon? Move the goalposts and try to validate vampirism by projecting it onto natural human behavior? Occultfags do this shit all the time, ever since Alchemy got debunked and BTFO, it's all they can do to stay relevant.
>>
>>17639427
Literally the first sentences from the book I just send you give a rebuttal:

"IF we look at the universe aroundus we cannot fail to realise that there must be some overruling plan co-ordinating
its infinite complexity. If we take into our hands and examine minutely any living thing, however simple,equally must
we realise that the ordered diversity of its parts is built upon a determining framework.Science has sought in vain for
this organising principle;it will never find it on the physical plane, for it is not physical. The driving forces of the
universe, the framework upon which it is built up in all its parts, belong to another phase of manifestation than our
physical plane, having other dimensions than the three to which we are habituated, and perceived by other modes of
consciousness than those to which we are accustomed.
We live in the midst of invisible forces whose effects alone we perceive. We move among invisible forms whose
actions we very often do not perceive at all, though we may be profoundly affected by them."

How spoopy is that?!
>>
>>17639429
Fuck you. Magnet's don't real. Insane Clown Posse is woo bullshit that relies on mental aerobics and word salad, it means nothing.

At best, at best, at best, at best.

At whose best? Yours? Maybe you are not good enough (yet).

> it's all they can do to stay relevant

Exactly. And they've been doing it since forever. You are railing against your own frail perception of things.
>>
>>17639443
>Paragraph that drives the reader to accept x or y
>False dichotomies
>Science cannot explain blah blah
>Treating science as if it is an entity of it's own to be debunked

This was pure narrow minded horse shit. It tries so hard to undermine empirical thought and observations made by falsification methods only to assert that everything is 'myserrrrrious and unknooooown'.

Fuck off occultfag.
>>
>>17639388
You. You are mentally ill
>>
>>17639455
>>17639455
Just because you don't know shit doesn't mean everyone else doesn't know shit. Stop projecting your own ignorance as if it were normal, because it's not. We live in a society that has long since made great scientific strides in understanding and mapping out the ontological. It's no longer a case of ''WELL Y'KNOW I THINK DIFFERENTLY WHO ARE YOU ARE TELL ME I'M WRONG, LET'S AGREE TO DISAGREE!''

No. You're objectively and absolutely retarded. Vampires don't exist, psychics are frauds, ghosts don't exist, neither do angels or demons btw. Fuck off.
>>
>>17639459
> Treating science as if it is an entity of its own

Bingo. Complexity science on complexity science. How appropriately meta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFtUTLCd090

For you. Related, but uneasily non-spoopy and scientific.
>>
>>17639478
Notice how these cherry picked and dramatically edited clips from E-rated academics talk about the vague concept of humanitarian issues, and not about vampires, ghosts and spooks.
>>
>>17639418
Hands don't bite, brah.
>>
>>17639490
Sad. You have no idea who you are talking about.

In fact, I deem the chance that you have tenure to be the same chance that the sun does not rise tomorrow, and the chance that you ever had a academic accomplishment to be around 3%.

Nonredeemable. No scholar would ever talk about colleagues like that, nor treat a topic with such pre-conceived fervor that makes Creationists shiver with glee.
>>
>>17639506
Come off it. You're on 4chan /x/ for christ sake, stop feigning a false sense of professionalism, you're not an intellectual, you're simply a faggot who believes in stupid shit that doesn't exist trying to backdoor his way into being credible by acting 'proper'.

You're a retard who believes vampires are real. That's your problem dude and you should fix it.
>>
>>17639512
Vampires are not real. Reality is not real.

You just dissed a bunch of Nobel-prize winner, because you wanted them to talk about ghosts, like your 1 million dollar dwarf does.

I see why _you_ are here though. You don't belong on /sci/, and you get a kick out of telling other people that their reality is not real, and that yours is so much better, because you have it for about 2-3 years now, and you want to tell the world. Go for it.

We've established that vampires are not real, and that you are a dumb fuck.
>>
>>17639518
>You don't belong on /sci/

We're on /x/ you fucktard.

>Reality is not real
Lmao

What the fuck are you talking about anymore you aspergic fuck?
>>
>>17639527
That I do not envy your reality-tunnel.

Now go to a Insane Clown Posse fan forum and start dissing the music, because it's shit, because your parents told you so. Then, you _are_ probably right.
>>
>>17639530
Why are you still talking about insane clown posse? Why are you adding shit like _to your words_

The fuck is up with you, you crazy fuck?
>>
File: 14464751563.png (285KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
14464751563.png
285KB, 720x720px
Man, people always get so angry and defensive in vampire discussions. Saying they are definitely not real, arguing for hours in a row back and forth.
>>
>>17639539
They're not real. No human being is immortal, humans cannot live purely on blood alone, there has never been a human person who survived only on blood let alone achieved immortality or lived up to the vampire stereotype.

There has only been attention whores/mentally ill faggots who clung to vampirism after reading bram stoker in the 19th century, that's about it.
>>
>>17639548
Why do you care so much? Why get so butthurt? Let them roleplay and have fun then, if that's your believe.

Does it matter for your life?
>>
>>17639375
There was a thread posted about it the other day look in the archives. OP siblings got sick with some unknown diseas after going in the mill as well as many other town folk, the family that bought the mill shut it down out of fear, the thing used to be a vampire. That's all we got.
>>
>>17636650
Do you mean an actual vampire of lore or do you mean mental vampirism.because mental vampirism very much exists.the whole basis of mental vampirism is that the "vampire" feeds off of other peoples thoughts,emotions,and other psychological affairs.alot of people are like this inherently.it doesnt matter if they beleive it or not because they are. So in a sense,yes,vamirism does exsist.just not in the sense you are thinking of.
>>
>>17639551
The OP asked the question if they are real or not, it invited my say in the matter. Vampires don't exist. They only 'exist' in so far as retards roleplaying as what bram stoker originally described in a fictional novel.

Unfortunately on /x/, it's not simple roleplay. We have a board full of retards who can honestly tell you that ghosts, vampires, psychics, demons exist. It's beyond stupid.
>>
>>17639562
You are almost there. You realize that other people can have different views.

Right now you are still shit tier 0 though:

All the other views are wrong. I and the people I think are right, are right.
>>
>>17639581
Demonstrate it. Put what you believe under the scrutiny of falsification.

Can you observe what you believe?

If so can you demonstrate it?

Can you repeat the result 100% of the time without change?

If the answer is 'no' to any of the above, then what you believe is wrong.
>>
>>17639587
Huh. What is your definition of "observe"?

Like how would one observe a _reductio ad absurdum_?
>>
>>17639614
What you're talking about is non-tangible and purely related to philosophy, not science. That isn't to say that philosophy is without merit, it's actually the most important part of knowledge.

With that said, if you can't demonstrate vampirism tangibly and physically and your only recourse is to validate it through sophistry, then why even call it vampirism?
>>
>>17639614
Also in art and the occult "A mother loves her child" is often taken as a law. Some people say the love from a mother for her child is the strongest there is. Just how strong? Physicist answer, or? Or should we falsify this entire theme, because we can find instances of mothers not loving their children?

You are asking me to wield a broken tool (the scientific method) to weigh the strength of the love of a mother for her child. Occult tools work here, until science advances.
>>
>>17639622
>You are asking me

He was replying to me, not you, you occultist fuckwad.

Also love is not an essence, it is not something that exists in and of itself. It's biochemistry, and when expressed, becomes psychology.
>>
>>17639626
But I am one and the same person.

You just discovered the concept of sense and reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sense_and_reference

You are too cocky to admit that you'll never know what it's like to love a child like a mother, and even dare weigh it, till it weighs nothing much at all.

You don't get it. You are too proud and stubborn as of now, yet flexibility seems to decline when you get older, so quick quick try to turn things around. Or don't. I am using our disagreement to learn more and leach your loosh.
>>
>>17639631
You're a fucking sophist, and your feelings have no bearing on reality. Have a nice day.
>>
>>17639548
All your butthurt aside...
Humans can survive on blood alone, how the fuck do you think nutrients get around someones body after they eat food?
>>
>>17639360
Garlic-bro here. Thanks for the article. The garlic myth about vampires arises from the medical condition: porphyria. I can't remember exactly but I think sufferers are highly sensitive to the smell of garlic because it is so pungent as they are with other strong smelling things. I do know my question is in the hypothetical realm and I will most likely never get a substantive answer, but I'm having fun with it and it also takes the piss out of some of the roleplayers on /x/ though some do humor my exuberance and I thank them for that. Have a nice day.
>>
>>17640084
People like you are why I still browse /x/.
Godspeed.
>>
>>17639461
not him, but how is someone ELSE placing candles on an old-as-the-hills grave make HIM the mentally ill one? Is everyone who sees the candles mentally ill too, then? I don't follow your... ahem... "logic".
>>
>>17639429
>everyone--even the layman--knows it's horse shit.
You VASTLY underestimate human stupidity and gullibility...
>>
>>17639429
>Alchemy got debunked and BTFO
To be fair, the spiritual and ritualistic parts of alchemy got debunked and BTFO, but the practice itself is still responsible for the earliest forms of chemistry. I like to think the 'mystical' part of alchemy as a necessary motivation to continue with the process of trial and error
>>
>>17640205
Nice try, samefag.
>>
>>17640233
learn to check # of posters, you dumb nigger. Now answer my question or fuck off.
>>
>>17639555
This is an interesting answer.
I meant in terms of someone drinking other people's blood.
I suppose this would be more common in times where food is scarce and people cannibalize without wanting to actually kill them. Besides that, I don't think "real" vampires alludes any other similarities to the conventional view of them.
>>
>>17638669

So you faggots ignored the only post that had some new theory. Should that be taken as a confirmation that this is on the right track?
>>
>>17636650
I think I saw a real one on a live stream once.

He had fangs and he seems like he's from another time.
>>
>>17639562
what are people like you who are sure these don't exist, doing on /x/? i'm just honestly curious, me myself am on the fence on these matters
>>
>>17639459
Why r u even here
>>
>>17639587
No one can repeat a experiment an infinite times to make sure it works in every corner of the universe under every single possible condition
>>
>>17639562
Why do even come here? You just said everything that is paranormal is basically bullshit?! What's your purpose in X?
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.