[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever been close to death? Or had an experience that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 34

File: image.jpg (70KB, 660x660px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 660x660px
Have you ever been close to death? Or had an experience that could of killed you?

this includes

-actually dying and coming back
-getting a bad wound but you got treatment fast enough
-dangling off the edge of a cliff due to slipping (and stuff similar to that)
-getting in a car crash, that the doctors were surprised you lived from
-surviving some horrible disease
-accidental med overdoes (or on purpose, god I hope not)

Stuff like this

Share your story, anything goes as long as you got close to death. I for one had not had anything like this happen but would be interested to hear everyone's stories

"there is only one God,and his name is death...and there is only one thing we say to death...not today" ~Syrio
>>
i came close to death from two suicide attempts but i blacked out during the one that was closest to death (i got put in the icu for over a week for that one). other one i hallucinated terrifying shit nonstop and had a seizure. convinced i would have gone to some bad place if i had died that time with the people coming out of the computer screens leering at me, can't really say what the other one felt like but i came extremely close to death and it's honestly a miracle and a testament to medicine that i didn't die. the one where i blacked out was scarier because i didn't even know i was dying until everything had already happened
>>
the one where i overdosed on wellbutrin (took pretty much an entire bottle plus my grandma's bottle) was the one where i hallucinated nonstop and had a seizure. the hallucinations looked kind of like google deep dream but more shadowy and wispy and less colourful and full of dogs. it was like the darkness was enveloping everything around me and i could see the strings holding everything together, and it felt kind of like being drowned from inside your brain if that makes sense. multiple distorted bodies and faces were coming out of every computer screen and i was seeing these weird ghost subliminal images happening while i was watching tv or going on the computer that made it impossible to focus or concentrate on what i was watching or reading or typing. it felt like being bombarded with important incoherent messages while sleep deprived and sick. it made a huge impression on me and i really believe i would have gone somewhere after death in that instance. somewhere not good, and i don't even believe in hell or an afterlife at all. just somewhere you don't want to be or visit. it could very well be chalked up to it being such a big overdose but i've overdosed countless times in my life and it was never like that. when i had the seizure i blacked out during and it really felt like someone was coming to take me from my body with force
>>
>>17633059
Hallucinated from drugs I am guessing?
>>
>>17633088
Always could be the overdosemaking you think that ect...but fuck...sounds terrifying
>>
>>17633092
yeah, psychiatric meds, definitely made a huge impression on me due to the hallucinations etc but like i said it was honestly much scarier to wake up in the icu and realize i had been so close to death for so long without knowing anything about it. the fact that no one knew i had od'd on the wellbutrin until i had my seizure, vs my family and partner being in the icu, terrified for my life and looking like they hadn't slept since the ambulance was called. that shook me up a lot more deeply than something so easily attributed to the pills. it's extremely terrifying stuff to wake up and have everyone be shocked that you're still alive, and know that they've been there the whole time and you might as well have been sleeping through the entire experience. i'd venture a guess that most Actual Deaths feel unremarkable and boring like this, desu. i know it's not as cool or spooky as the stories where you feel the end approaching, but it taps on those more mundane fears surrounding death (i.e. eternal nothingness, the end) and i think that's why it got to me, along with me missing the whole thing
>>
>>17633122
to clarify, i say this because it was a very sudden near death experience. things like a terminal illness where the person has time to process their demise beforehand could very well lead to more intense spiritual near death experiences imho. more time to ruminate and reflect on your fears and feelings around death when it's inescapable and all around you rather than a sudden onset that takes you very quickly and gives you little time to process
>>
>>17633122
Sorry...to make you remember all that stuff again...but thanks for sharing...

Just huh...it's terrible and vile to think about it...but death is so fascinating

Everyman and women fears it to some point...but there is so much curiosity surrounding it.
>>
>>17633130
have you read stiff by mary roach, op? it's a great book that lightened my attitudes towards death a great deal. for instance, did you know that during a certain point, when decomposing, a man's testicles swell to the size of a grapefruit each? it tackles the scientific, a bit of the paranormal, and a lot of the cultural attitudes towards death. she has another great book i picked up after such an engrossing read called 'spook' and it's all about great historical hoaxes and the paranormal through the eye of a well researched and fact-based but open minded individual who presents the interesting along with the facts. i didn't want to post her stuff here in case she becomes a meme or something but they're truly fascinating reads, especially stiff
>>
>>17633149
can you tell me about the overdoses? when i was little my best friend's mom od'd on heroin and died and it was always something i was afraid of with my own mother. i'm interested in other peoples overdoses a great deal and might start compiling a text file on them, it's really interesting and personal stuff and i'm especially interested in the accidental ones as mine have always been intentional and i feel that might alter the course of my near death experiences with them bc i knew it was coming if that makes sense
>>
>be me
>be 4
>at pool with mother
>she's chatting with friends, I'm playing near the poolside
>slip
>oHSHIT
>mom hasn't noticed
>4ft water
>I'm about 3'2" at the time
>thisishowidie.crayola
>struggle
>feel like I'm gonna pass out
>feel second wind
>doggy paddle to steps (30 feet)
>get to shore
>cough up 1/4 gallon of water
>mom freaking out

And that's how I learned to swim
>>
>>17633148
I haven't, but I might read it one day when I don't have anything to do

Thanks for the info
>>
>>17633149
Did you try to kill yourself with mushrooms?¿! Just oh god
>>
>>17633161
Sure.

The first time I drank heavily before injecting two bags (0.2 grams) of raw heroin. I remember sitting in a chair in one of my "friends" houses, with a couple other people there. I pull then needle out and untied the shoelace (its easier to hit the vein if you tourniquet). When you inject opiates you get a warm sensation that travels up your arm and into your chest, this time it was like fire and the dope was much better than I expected. My friend asked me if it was good (the dope) and I lazily replied "yeah". Then everything slowly went black starting in my peripheral vision, and I felt myself falling forward.

It's hard to explain the next part. Everything was black, but not the sight of blackness, rather the complete lack of visual input. It was warm, like laying in the sandbox on a mild summer evening when I was kid. Beautiful. I was conscious but none of my memories followed me there. A bit like dreaming when there is nothing on the screen, the subconscious is active but the conscious is not projecting any the day to day onto it. There is no sense of time there at all, not even the absence of time.

I went from floating in the black to laying on my back with people standing above me cutting my clothes off with scissors. Don't know why but I started swinging at them from my back, could have been the 5 shots of epinephrine they had given me at that point. They pinned me down and said what I guess were reassuring things but none of it made any sense at the time. After a few moments I calmed down and regained my "senses" they put me on the gurney and loaded me into the ambulance.

What was told to me afterward by the friend that stayed and called 911 , and the paramedics, is that I had been "out" for around 10 minutes. When they got there my face was purple and I was in full cardiac arrest, requiring the tube and bellows thing(really dont know what its called) to force breathing, and over a minute of cpr.

cont.
>>
>>17633212
The paramedic who rode in the back with me told me that he had only seen a heroin addict that far into an overdose a few times before, and none of them responded to the epinephrine or cpr. They died. He told me I was one of the luckiest bastards he had ever met and I should get me shit together and do something with my second chance. I did more heroin.

The second time was much less memorable. I was only out for a couple minutes and responded to the cpr right away, think they said they only used 2 shots that time instead of the 5(plus another 2 on the way to the hospital) the first time.

I made the same mistake, instead of alcohol it was xanax this time but they are almost the same thing and should never be mixed with opiates.
>>
>>17633044

I wouldn't say I necessarily died, but my body apparently stopped working for just over a minute once. I had been having increasingly horrible headaches all night, and when I started passing out every half hour or so, I got myself to the hospital (which was a nightmarish experience in itself, given the circumstances).

I was apparently experiencing a brain aneurysm. I was pretty fuzzy as I lay in bed with doctors and nurses bustling about, still fading in and out, and at one point, everything just starting going soft and misty, which might sound like passing out, but it was different. My mind became completely disconnected from what was going on around me, but unlike the previous episodes that evening of passing out, I (believe I) was still there. Mentally active, I mean. After I passed from the world going soft and misty into a different experience, it was like sinking into a cold, gray sea, without sight but with sensation, yet not at all scary or discomfiting. Neither pleasant nor unpleasant.

When I came back out, they told me I'd crashed, for seventy-three seconds. No activity, no respiration, nothing. They got my body going again, and that was that.

I checked myself out when they wanted to do a spinal tap to see how much blood was in my fluid, which I got into a huge amount of non-judicial trouble for (I was on active duty at the time). Had to sign a waiver saying "patient is aware of risk of death" and everything.

Never happened again. No idea why it happened that time.
>>
I was swimming with some bros at our river and my friend Tyler drowned. His heart apparently stopped for a few minutes and he said he didn't ever see anything. It was like he just blacked out
>>
>>17633185
Not explicitly. I was 19, my life fell apart. I got kicked out my house, kicked out of school, and they girl I was going to marry left me all at the same time. I just said fuck it whats the worst that could happen.

Pure euphoria like busting a nut and terror that having a loaded gun pointed in your face can't compare to, at the same time, the whole time. For 10 hours in real time. Felt like thousands of years in trip time. While every single thing I have ever experienced went through my brain, every memory, every word, every meaning, everything disassembled and picked to pieces by an inner voice that didn't shut up for the whole ride.

Fucking terrible don't ever do it.
>>
I got hit by a truck walking home one day when I was 16 or so. The thing had run out of control, only very temporarily, but enough to run it up over into the pavement for a few seconds and into me. Got a huge concussion, from the impact, and the wheel well cut me across my left breast and shoulder real bad. They had to cut my clothes off apparently.

I woke up naked in hospital, in the dark, with blurry vision. I was terrified and had no idea where I was. Had lost a massive amount of blood and for a while they were concerned the concussion was serious enough to impact my sense permanently. Scary stuff.
>>
File: headshot.png (2MB, 1439x1074px) Image search: [Google]
headshot.png
2MB, 1439x1074px
Thought I would share.
>be me
>be 12
>be on boy scout camping trip
>in a narrow valley with steep hills/rock wall on either side
>it rained the night before
>started up the hill side for dry firewood
>came to a 6 or 7 ft flat rock wall
>250lbs ish boulder at the top
>started climbing it
>put my hand on the boulder
>it came loose
>jump down from the wall
>too slow
>rock pushes my head into mud
>thisishowidie.bsa
>it rolls down my whole body
>jump up and sprint down hill screaming
>scout leader catches me mid run
>immediately takes his shirt off and wraps my head
>had to hike out
>walked my cryin ass to the truck
>drove an hour to the nearest hospital
>15 staples
>pic related is me
>>
>>17633044
This happened to me
>>
>>17633044
Got pushed off a steep snowbank when I was in grade seven by a larger child. Face impacted a chunk of ice and as far as I could tell I lost consciousness. Woke up with a broken jaw, severe neck pain, and my pants around my ankles, pushed my jaw back into place and told no one. A massage therapist told me I had two backwards vertebrae and a fused one but it wasn't in a formal setting and we were drunk so I figured she was bullshitting.

2016 I don't think she was bullshitting, shit has been getting incredibly weird in my life and my metabolism makes about as much sense as the bible.
>>
>>17633149
Is the darkness just entropy or something else?
>>
Yep.

>in ocean at beach club
>5 yrs old
>using wave board
>tell mom i dont wanna use it and just swim
>"okay anon just stay safe"
>swim off
>go further off than all adults, by like 50 feet
>waves start getting large and strong
>lose control and start crying and screaming
>getting pushed under waves, praying to live
>lifeguard whistling
>physically cannot swim back, waves too strong
>adult swims over and picks me up, bringing me back to my mom hugging me at the beach

I remember every single moment of it to this day. I can assure you, if that guy didn't rescue me, that would be it.
>>
>>17633276
The mushroom trip? Was in my friends living room at night, with no lights on just a TV. The TV ended up being the most annoying fucking thing I have ever been around would have preffered to just be in the dark honestly.
>>
>>17633288
cool i got dubs

Anyways, another story:

>no one is home
>fills up tub
>puts head in
>basically losing air after 2 minutes
>feeling body give up
>start getting dizzy
>eyes start fading and blur
>hear door open
>"Hi anon, how was your day?"
>immediately pull up head
>"hey mom"

It was a suicide attempt, but if my mom didn't come in, I would've died. I tried more times after that, but I got into too much pain and just pulled my head up. Haven't tried to kil myself since, but still feel like shit
>>
>>17633297
That sounds like a horrifying way to kill yourself
>>
>>17633313
Yeah, but I had no other way
No drugs, alchohol or anything like that in the house
And I didn't wanna jump off a bridge, that's way worse
>>
>>17633044
>Be living in Puerto Rico a few years back
>Mosquitoes are a fucking nuisance
>They bite my white flesh dozens of times a day, still have scars on my feet and ankles
>Inevitably contract two different hemorrhagic fevers, one year apart from each other
>First is called Dengue, or "Break-Bone Fever". The other, more severe one (in my case) was Chikungunya. You can look them up in more detail on your own, but basically, vomiting, shitting, blood coming from most orifices, awful rash, severe fevers, and hallucinations in the night. Not a fun time.
>Have a fever of well over 100 degrees
>Playing Fallout 3 while wearing a heavy blanket, in the middle of the PR sun like a moron. (I felt cold and the blanket felt good against my rash)
>Almost pass the fuck out before climbing up the stairs to the bathtub to cool myself
>Sister ends up taking us both to the hospital (she had it too)
>End up sitting there all day and actually get better after a few days.
>My sister wasn't as lucky
>She still has joint pain over a year later

Fuck the Carribean
>>
Car crash, I never got hurt , but concider myself to be lucky. Friend and I were going to a waterpark, we were younger so his mom was driving us, an 18 wheeler came us behind going at least 50 and rear ended us. Nobody was hurt bad but his dad was a cop so 3 of us had to sit in the back of a cop car for about an hour and 30 minuites. Probably the worst part if the day. Shit's uncomfortable as fuck.
>>
>>17633288
We're happy for you anon
>>
I once induced a schizophrenic episode but it was real and I was almost murdered for figuring it out.
>>
>>17634014
Sure, anon.
>>
>>17633570
thx pal
>>
It wasn't really a big deal at the time but

>About six years ago
>Spent all day walking around and my muscles are killing me so I decide to have a bath
>BF about to go to the store and pick up some stuff and dinner
>He leaves, I trip when I go to turn off the faucet and fall forward, hit my head on the wall, pass out with my head in the water and my ass up bent over the side of the tub
>Wake up on the floor coughing up water

Boyfriend had left his wallet and keys on the bathroom counter when he came in to tell me he was leaving. He went all the way downstairs and into the parking lot before he realized. Luckily one of our neighbors was going in when he got back to the door or I probably would have been fucked because he didn't have his keys and I wouldn't have been able to let him in. And then he took a picture of me in my weird position before he even pulled me out of the tub because he's an asshole.

I freak out more now when I think about it because I was under water for like five whole minutes or maybe longer and that could have been bad. Didn't even go to the hospital because we didn't have money, I only ended up going a few days later because my head was still swollen (fractured my skull a little).
>>
>>17634963
That's messed up, anon. And he is an asshole, wow, I don't think I'd stay with him if I were you.
>>
>>17635030
Nah, he's all right. We were both just dumb and stoned back then (and now, to a slightly lesser extent). But about a year before that incident he tried to jump down a flight of stairs and landed weird and broke his leg bad enough that the bone came through and I made him wait a bit before I called an ambulance so I could take pictures and start sketching it. So. I guess we're even.
>>
>>17635030
Dont feed the attention seeker whore anon. You must know that as soon as they put their gender into the trashcan it goes.
>>
>>17635096
>Mom mom I post it again!
>>
While climbing down a really steep mountain I lost my footing and slid for around 50 feet before catching myself on a tree. Dislocated my shoulder since I was going so fast but it was better than plummeting to my death
>>
>>17633374
Reasons why I hate tropical places...

I would rather take pine trees over palm trees anyday
>>
in Charlotte NC they have light rail trains and I'm a Yankee but one day I was taking the train and the heat made me so tired and dizzy that I didn't realize there was a line you had to stay behind and I was over it, but I was mere seconds away from getting slaughtered by the train but my moms bf grabbed my shirt to alarm me seconds before it came lol
>>
Drowned when I was 5 at the public pool. I was dead for 7 minutes before being resuscitated. Didn't see shit.
>>
had a friend who died from cancer a little less than a year ago, poor guy was 19

saw him the night before and the morning after, its a fucked up experience seeing that
>>
>>17635218
You'd best come up with a better criteria than just pines. Florida has pines. And palms. And chikungunya and dengue...

>>17633374
This report makes me feel OH-so-great about being just one or two counties away from where the chikungunya was reported in FL last year, and IN one of the counties that had dengue...
>>
>>17633044
Overdosed on codeine and tramadol as a suicide attempt. Missing person call went out and an ambulance picked me up and hauled ass to A&E, where they did my LFTs before telling me I was fine. Got sent to inpatient at another hospital because of the risk of a repeat OD, where I started puking up my guts and getting all delirious and shit. This was all about one in the morning. Don't remember anything from the next couple of days but when I was conscious again (still delirious) I was on a ward on some kind of drip, sick as all hell. Slowly got better but I would have died if the inpatient staff hadn't stuck their neck out and challenged A&E's decisionmaking.
(Nothing against A&E staff at all, they're overrun in my area, but the inpatient staff could very easily have just said "deal with it" at that hour.)
>>
I almost fell of a cliff in my sleep in a cave. If my friend didn't get up to piss id probably be dead
>>
>>17635105
But the anon didn't even mention their gender, just having a boyfriend. Should we use gender-neutral relationship terms from now on, so that you don't get upset by the mere possibility that someone who is not a straight male might be using /x/? Your comfort is important for us, anon.
>>
File: the one that nearly got me.jpg (202KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
the one that nearly got me.jpg
202KB, 450x600px
>>17633044
I nearly died earlier this year actually.

I was walking with my girlfriend in London. we were on a busy pavement; about three quarters of a metre in front of us was a middle-aged guy and his daughter. we were walking past a new skyscraper they are building (its about 25 storeys) pic related.
one second: everything is normal. the next second there is a plate glass window atomised on the ground in front of me.

if that shit had fallen a second later it would have killed my girlfriend and/or me. one second earlier and it would have got the guy and his daughter.
>>
>>17633044
I had pizza from Dominoes the other day, if that counts.
>>
>>17633246
mvp
>>
>>17633044

Yes.

It's not lawful to speak of such things.
>>
>>17633149
>I ate a little over 20 grams of high quality mushrooms by myself in a dark room.
Tell us, bro...

Tell us!
>>
>Mountain biking on a trail in a park
>It's an older bike with minimal suspension so it can't roll over stuff as easily as newer mountain bikes can
>Going downhill fast, then a quick turn, then up a hill
>Still going fast uphill
>Hit a root and fly over the handlebars off the side of the trail
>Oh fuck
>I'm headed straight for a metal stake sticking out of the ground
>Twist my body as much as I can b to avoid it
>It grazes my side, it cut through my windbreaker and T-Shirt and barely broke my skin, giving me a scratch
>I almost got impaled

I shoulda sued the shit out of the city, why the fuck did they have a foot high signpost without a sign right next to a mountain bike trail?
>>
Male, 20 something here

The beginning of a coke od (drug effects aside)
>intense feeling of impeding doom
>shortness of breath, absurd heart speed
>vision at 5fps, constant black outs as I moved my eyes, as if they were "disconnecting" or something
>pressure around frontal area of head, sort of soundwave feeling? As if something not physical was pressing against my forehead and frontal lobe
>throwing up pure neon green bile, felt like battery acid coming up
>eventually couldn't get up or move without tumbling over
>arms felt heavy and chest felt absurdly tight
>started having flashbacks and random, disconnected thoughts and memories
>friend saved me by dripping hospital grade antipsychotic down my throat while I was in a near catatonic state

Shock (during surgery)
>major surgery under light sedation due to risk
>received local anesthetic plus a strong dose of dissociative
>warned doctors I am strong against all sorts of anesthetic despite being a small guy
>halfway through the surgery, dissociative passes
>local anesthetic not enough
>feel the exact moment where they separated my muscle from my pelvic bone to see the faulty tendon they were after
>felt like ripping the flesh off a mandarin orange, only inside me
>started trying to speak but could only form mixed sounds
>crying, pain is there but feeling is worse than pain itself
>start choking on spit and apparently convulsing
>They said I told them "this is my hell" though I don't remember it
>couldn't breathe
>I remember feeling as if that surgery would never be over and that it was my "forever"
>by then they had to bring in a fuckload of meds and inject those otherwise I could have gone into deeper shock (cardiac arrest or something)
>I remeber turning my head to the side and crying silently, while the doctor did his best to speed things up

I've got more if anyone's interested, mugging/murder attempt, another surgery gone wrong, two diseases.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIGMUAMevH0
>>
>>17633044
I was mud riding, as country folks do, and I was sitting in the back of this jeep that had a spare tire rod in the back. Only there was no spare tire. Upon a sudden break and an even more sudden accelerated take off I was flung and was almost stabbed through my torso by the rod

Another time me and my cousin were hunting and I need to adjust my jacket so I stopped as, where I was standing, two buckshots were shot into the ground

The last story I was adjusting a cenderblock under the trailer that I wad living in and somehow fucked it up because the trailer adjusted a foot missing my noggin by inches

These all happen before age 14
>>
>>17636828
Oh and stepped on a cotton mouth and it bit into my rubberboot.
>>
1st asthma attack when 3 in icu for week, many others like this one that caused me to be intubated when younger actually got so used to the ambulance rides that I would casually gasp asking what the tools were.
2. sezziure in 7th grade due to add meds lasted 15min cant recall a thing.
3. traped under inflatable pool raft for 1.5min when 14 friends on top didn't realise I fell under it barely escaped it was punctured and deflated so I managed to get up and get air 4. 1 gram of vyvanse by taking multiple and 1 gram of Lexapro also by multiple not proud tried to an hero depression and stress are a bitch I weighed 170 pounds at the time 5 hours had passed eventually decided to call the hospital as nothing had happened and parents were home and well they wanted to have dinner and I didn't want to start convulsing at the table.
>>
>>17635096
wow he's a lucky guy
>>
>>17636767
I have to live with symptoms like that because of over prescription of adhd meds and anti depressents resting heart rate of 90bpm and all that sensory screw ups
>>
>be me, 10 y o

>run against lantern pillar like in a movie

>wake up, 20 kids just looking at me, remember nothing.

Apparently i was 20 minutes in coma, lying on the grass.

I felt nothing, just nothing, it's like you put your life on pause.

It's eternal blacknes. You don't get to feel a thing.

If this is death, i like it. No hell, no heaven. Just nothing, you don't feel shit, nothing just really nothing, pure emptyness, love it.
>>
Drowned twice (one dragged by a strong wave, second in a pool), almost killed by bomb twice (im serious, the one in bali and flamboyan street), almost die by a dengue fever when my thrombocyte drastically go down to 5 in one day. They didnt know it was a dengue fever because there was no red dots at all, it was the rare one.

and, if you believe in astral projection, my supernatural body got loose by accident, does that count? And like maybe 3 times.
>>
>>17636874
Yes that is death. Heaven and hell is just a concept in religion to make human behave out of fear. People needs something to believe in simply because they dont have anything else as a visible purpose in their life and they are afraid of not having any because its scary for them for not knowing whats coming in the end.
>>
>>17636908
Magic isnt real. I think you have that chuunibyou syndrome.
>>
>>17633044

>be me
>two months ago, have heart attack
>get heart cath, doc sees three clogged arteries and sends me off to larger city for bypass surgery
>next doc decides not to do surgery and put in two stents, and thinks i'm stable enough to wait to get third artery repaired later
>get home couple of days later
>exhausted
>sitting in my chair at pc, doze off
>suddenly awake, looking across room from my computer chair
>three pitch black figures launch at me from the side of my computer table
>i cringe back toward wall
>they miss me, each one just missing me to one side or the other
>turn and look, but nothing but wall behind me
>look under table, nothing to be seen
>day after, feeling terrible still
>back in hospital, another heart attack now in progress

not saying the figures were related to the new MI, but maybe an omen that i was still sick maybe? i finally had the bypass surgery three weeks ago after a month and a half of constant battling symptoms and side effects from the bad 3rd artery.
>>
>be 12
>at Beach with my best friend
>can't swim so I take a body board with me to hold onto
>get pulled out a bit
>huge wave dunks me
>fall off board and let go in panic
>under water, eyes open even though I still cannot to this day at 25 open my eyes under water
>so peaceful, have never felt so calm in my life
>tide goes out and I find the bottom and manage to stand up
>can hear lots of people asking if I'm okay
>trying to get breath back and sand in my eyes but otherwise okay

It's hard to describe the feeling. I've always had a fear of drowning and I still do even after that, but under the water was just so calm. I mean I've heard people say that drowning is the most peaceful way to die and I'm inclined to believe them after that experience even if it still scares me. I really thought I was going to die but i wasn't in anyway worried.
>>
>>17636953
Sure dude, you seem lonely
>>
>>17633122
before I was born one dog tried to bit my mom's belly in which I was in, but she somehow avoided it and it bit her leg, then I was born 7 montish and around 3 pounds, had everything intact, I guess i wanted to live in this world really bad, but jesus if i go in the near death experiences I've had. Then again I used to live in a third world country, I saw peopple getting shot, getting stabbed, you name it, It came to the point where hearing shoots at 9 pm was normal, so no one went outside, well others have it worst I guess
>>
>>17636908
Not you again.
>>
>>17636953
Wut The.. Ummmmmm. Yes.

Right?, right?
>>
>>17636908
>>17636953
Nigga, you never go full retard.
>>
when I was 7. we were having PE in a school pool. I didn't know how to swim but my mom told me to be nice and I figured bothering the teacher with 'details' would upset him.

thank fuck I was a tall kid so I could touch the bottom with my feet, just barely. I'd stand on my toes as still as I could, by the corner, away from the others, afraid they'd pull me down or something.

then one day I slipped. I tried getting back on my feet but it seemed impossible. I was flaying and screaming but no one listened since the kids were being noisy and it all blended together. the teacher was distracted, talking to someone.

then I (almost) blacked out. I remember being unable to breath and slowing fading away, thinking my mom would be pissed if I ever woke up. as I was about to go, I remember something tightly grabbing my arm and pulling me up. it couldn't' have been the teacher or any of the kids, they were too far away. everyone was quiet by the time I came back to my senses, so I must've been gone for at least a minute.

I looked around but no one seemed to have noticed me, either.
>>
when i was like 13 i had a friend who was really crazy when it comes to riding his bicycle. he was unbelievably fast and afraid of nothing. one time we came to a railroad crossing and he just kept driving despite the red light. he was so into it that he wouldnt have noticed if i couldnt keep up so i tried my best to keep his speed and cross the rails. the train literally touched my bicycle wheel, acted like nothing happened
>>
>>17636613
20.... im dutch and had 60 grams handled it like a champ u fucking pussy..
>>
>>17636968

Uh… I’m from Humberside. I’m sorry if, uh, I made a fool of Humberside but, all those people who called me a sleepwalker… I woke up. Now I’m going back to sleep because I’m gonna be committed in an isolation room because I’m going to go back to the Ministry and allow them to perceive me as I am. A FUCK-UP!!! GOOD-BYE
>>
>>17633222
You have one shot at life and you've chosen to do this. I bet everybody is real proud
>>
>>17637238
guy must be really lucky to still be alive. I'd be proud of it, cheating life like that.
>>
>>17637254
Yeah whike other people are changing the world and raising families, these degenerate loser gets hooked on heroin, nearly dies and decides to keep using. What a waste
>>
I personally have not experienced a near death experience, but one of my buddy's on xbox live sure as hell had. His heart stopped beating or some shit like that and he was rushed to the hospital. He had told me what happened when he "went." I'll never forget it. "There was bright ass white, and then I saw my Granddad and you know what he told me? "You damn well turn back around mister! It's not your time yet!" And that was when I woke up. Now whether you want to believe me or not this shit happened." You know? this makes me think, did he massively hallucinate? Or is that actually something you go through when you are pulled from the plug in the real world? Guess I'll never know till it happens for myself.
>>
>>17633044
Once, about 15 years ago, I gut drunk and fell over a 2ft ledge, broke my beer bottle at the bottom of the fall and sliced my hand up bad and smashed my head. Suffered major blood loss. My brain was without oxygen for the last few minutes before my friends arrived with me at the ER. Covered the back seat of some dudes car in blood and plasma.
>>
>>17637275
20ft not 2ft
>>
File: DYE_fantasy.jpg (627KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DYE_fantasy.jpg
627KB, 1920x1080px
>>17636959
I've had a similar experience like that at a Water Park. I was crossing over a pool that had swinging handle bars, lost my grip and fell in. I just let myself sink while looking up.
That was probably one of the most pleasant experiences I've ever had in my life.

Of course I'm sure that once water gets into your lungs, it'll feel like it's on fire-or so I'm told.
So the sinking part may be pleasant but once water comes rushing into your lungs instead of oxygen, that's when I'm sure it'll suck.
>>
>>17633088
>ODs
>goes to watch tv and play on the computer
>>
>>17637286
I guess I'll share my big bro's story here too.

He almost died by drinking too much. When he passed out, his buddies just drove him back home, dumped him on the couch and left without notifying my parents.
My parents woke up and discovered him on the couch. He was panting rapidly and they immediately knew he was dying.
He was taken to the hospital and my parents expected and feared the worst.
Somehow though he manage to wake up from his short coma and is alive today. I forgot how long he was out (it was more than a couple of days though) but when he did, he said he didn't experience anything at all. He said it was like just a regular black out, there was nothing. He also couldn't recall about going out or waking up.

He's attempted suicide a few other times but one worth mentioning is when he used a bunch of insulin shots. After injecting himself he went to sleep, woke up later with a terrible feeling, shot more insulin into himself, went back to sleep only to wake up again still feeling awful. He then gave up and just ate and carried on his life. He didn't have much to say about the experience because he just basically slept through it.
>>
>>17636767
Did you sue the shit out of them for not listening to you about being near immune to sedatives?
>>
>>17637288
it lasted for a day and a little into the night, and it's not like i was going outside while in that state. just passing the time really
>>
Severe & intentional fentanyl overdose at 22. Took enough that I 100% shouldn't be alive. Was discovered hours after the fact in the middle of choking on my own fluids.

Spent about a week drifting in and out of consciousness in intensive care. From the moment I woke up for real, I could recall a sense of terror in the darkness of unconsciousness, and feeling as though I was doing my best to hide from something that was pursuing me. I spit in death's face and I've never really felt the same.
>>
Last August I was sitting at a red light on my Vespa. A dude hit me from behind going 45. If I wasn't wearing my helmet, I would have died.
I was in ICU for three days, and don't remember being hit, or anything... My brain was bleeding, and filling my skull and they thought they might have to drill a hole to relieve the pressure.

Thankfully they didn't.
Recovery was a bitch.
>>
I had alcohol poisoning 5 years which almost caused me to die but not directly
>16 y/o
>dad had back surgery and is in recovery therapy somewhere else during the week
>mom doesnt drive
>it was may the first and me and two friends decided to go drink
>buy 1l of brandy and vodka
>one friend says he wont drink
>get pissed and start drinking on my own
>for some reason i drank 0.5l of brandy in 10-15 min
>next thing i know im in a hospital bed with 10 doctors around me
>im not even shocked i just woke up like i would at home
>they start asking me this and that
>i just ask them where my stuff is
>i move my hands and see a needle in my hand
>my entire arms and hands hurt like hell and i see a bunch of needle marks
>counted a total of 16
>nurse comes in and i ask what happened
>tells me my parents brought me in the middle of the night all puked up and shaking
>then at one point i became violent and flailing around and yelling at the doctors
>tells me i spat at a nurse
>eventually they put me in a bed and raised that fence up
>tried to give me infusion but i was so "cold" that my blood didnt flow properly and they had to warm me up with blankets to hook me up thus all the needle marks
>says if my dad hadnt brought me i'd die for sure
>later a doctor came and told me he needs a urin sample
>i say okay and go to stand up and realise im wearing nothing but a diapper which made me lol
>when they brought me breakfast i couldnt swallow food because my throat got burnt from stomach acid that yellow shit
>spent 3 days in hospital on all sorts lf tests
>my mom has traumas from the entire experience
Also my friends later told me what happened
>they saw me getting really drunk
>tell me theyll take me home
>im just stumbling and mumbling
>fall down and start vomiting on myself
>retarded friends looking as i vomit while on my back
>they call my parents because i was too disgusting to carry
>luckly it was the weekend and my dad was there but had carry me after back surgery
>>
When I was 10 I chugged Nyquil, but also have doubts of it happening for some reason. The memories are very incomplete and feel fake, but at the same time, it feels like something I'd do. Most of my childhood feels fake due to abusive parents.

When I had food poisoning I swear on my life I was going to die. How I survived I have no real idea. I remember more than once laying on my bed, shivering, and just suddenly not feeling anything. I tried to call for help or get up, but I couldn't. I blacked out shortly after, woke up in bed again, same position. Quickly drank some water... but I threw it up lol
>>
When i was 3-4 years old i stuck a key into a light socket
I remember it so vividly
>Was squatting next to it
>Insert key the best that i can
>i felt the biggest "shake" in my thumb i rememeber that
>fall on my ass in shock
Lesson learned
>>
i had 3 near death experiences, only one where i was almost gone forever.
>be 12
>I had no school that day so my dad thought to bring me to work
(he worked as a pharmacist in a little town on mt. Gran Sasso, this is important for the other stories)
>it was raining lightly and as it stopped we went to a bar on the road to get some coffee
>we went back in the car, forgot our seat belts and continued driving
>on a little downhill curve the car starts spinning
> my father reaches to protect me from hitting the windshield
> about 5 seconds later we crash on an house with my side of the car
>we get the fuck out
>my side of the car was completely destroyed on the outside, the rest of the car was fine
>the house's owners get outside to check on us but we were all fine, just scared
>they told us that about 3 cars a year crash in the same point so they got a huge insurance on the house and rebuild it every year, they've been living like that for 5 years
> they still don't give a fuck because insurance moneys

>still with my dad
>I was sleeping in his house on mount gran sasso
>it's a real neato place
>2009 l'aquila earthquake happens
> we wake up and get outside
> house collapses 5 minutes after we get out
at least the state gave him a free house after that
>>
>>17637505
third one
>be 18
> depressed as fuck and "schizophrenic"
> my therapist put me on a way too high dose of risperdal
>I couldn't feel anything, I just felt void
>I was at school
> suddenly think "fuck it, I'm gonna kill myself"
>sign to get home from school
>get home
>my dad used to keep a fuckton of benzos home
> I eat 20 bars of Xanax and down three little bottles of amitryptiline
> sit outside my house smoking cigs and waiting to die
> rethink about what I've done and call an ambulance
>"118, what's your emergency?"
>"I tried to kill myself with benzos but I don't wanna die anymore"
>"how much did you take?"
>"20 bars and three bottles of amitryptiline"
>he literally says "WHAT THE FUCK, tell me your address now and tell me how long ago did you take them"
> I tell him everything and he says to not hang up and to talk to me
>I tell him that he's not my boss and that I'll sleep it out
>pass the fuck out
>wake up in the ER with a tube in my nose and an IV
>they pumped my stomach while I was out
> they tell me that I managed to stop breathing while almost having a stroke
> I had almost a gram of amitryptiline in my body and that was enough to kill about anyone
> they still don't know how I woke up and stabilized my vitals suddenly because they thought I was gonna die

after that I stopped going to therapy and stopped taking meds, I don't hear voices anymore and I'm not that depressed
>>
Well this one time I was driving back from the beach, the moon had been really big and really red that night. Well driving back not even 100 feet ahead of the car I was in a blinding light from the sky came down and burned out maybe ten feet from the ground. Almost got hit my a fucking comet , and I still regret that I not have a dashcam that could have filmed it.
>>
>>17637358
Gotta hate asshole "friends" like this who would just ditch someone so they don't get in trouble.
>>
File: 41Pz5ClQ46L._SY300_.jpg (7KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
41Pz5ClQ46L._SY300_.jpg
7KB, 300x300px
>>17633044
>was about 5 or 6 years old doing stupid kid shit
>got the idea to play with a surprisingly heavy little BB I found around the house
>like the dumb shit I was I put this BB in my mouth
>continued playing and jumping around
>remember it getting dangerously close to going down my throat and choking on it
>was saved by the call for dinner and it was mysteriously gone when I got back

Maybe I was fated to die that day, but I didn't. it was only a year later that I was raped by a relative as maybe some kind of punishment.

Also when I was 14 I miraculously didn't drown in one of the great lakes, I was far away from shore and any help. There was a storm warning and the waves were over my head and a rip tide.

Death lost out another couple times besides that.
>>
>>17637606
Adding a bit more to this, I have always felt like the few times I have had close encounters or near death experiences that I was supposed to die (including my 4th plat DXM trip combined with a package of dramamine when I was on SSRI'S)

I feel I was fated to die and when I didn't I would always have more and more fucked up experiences in life, am I normal /x/?
>>
>>17636953
Oh wow, this is literal word-soup, psychotic babble, schizophrenic talk, any one of the three, or all three.
>>
>>17637721
Don't feed the troll.
>>
Twice: once when I was about three years old and got crushed by my house during a freak wind storm, and the other was a suicide attempt I made last August.
>>
File: please.jpg (6KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
please.jpg
6KB, 290x174px
>>17636953
>>
I've od'd on heroin three times. Nothing special though. But my friend od'd and died in the back seat of my car. She was only 19. I don't shoot dope anymore
>>
File: 1461641999843.gif (490KB, 382x498px) Image search: [Google]
1461641999843.gif
490KB, 382x498px
>>17633044
someone who use to have epilepsy as a kid here.

i died once when i lived with my dad after having a seizure. when you die it doesnt all just go blank buy more or less like when you stand up too fast and thing get fuzzy buy white and not the typical grey and black.

you know when your leg falls asleep, well its like that but all over your body and slowly without it hurting and more of a numbing instead of a hurtful buzzing.

you do feel calm and see white light but i assume thats just your brain dying from lack of oxygen. its kinda hard to remember who you see tho because your life does kinda flash before you but its kinda random like when you just remember things you did either by interacting with something or just no reason. kinda like that.

well he revived me with the adrenaline he had for me and now its hard for me to remember specific things, like ill just forget how to spell the words "always"or words wont seem like theyre spelled like that. mostly forgetting things with words.

questions?
>>
>>17633044
I had two experiences where I could have died. The first was when I was 16 and caught swine flu (H1N1) and went into cytokine storm. I didn't feel close to death at all but doctors said it was often fatal if not caught quick enough and that I was lucky.

The second was an intentional overdose in January of this year. Took three months worth of antidepressants and whatever xanax I had leftover and went to bed. Woke up at 5am throwing up everywhere and was absolutely zombified and so so achey and sick for a few days afterwards.
>>
>>17637411
How much did you do? I love fent so i want to see how large yiur dose was
>>
>>17637633
Idk about the whole being fated to die thing im just chiming in to say that dxm is great and 4th plateau is great
>>
Back in 2009 I got the swine flu and had a really nasty fever. I don't think I was in any real danger but at the time this signal went out from my brain telling me I was going to die that night. Funny thing is I didn't have regrets or fears, I just thought to myself that I deserved it and that I was a shitty person.
>>
I don't think I've ever had a near death experience but my little brother had one.

He pulled our mom's mini van out in front of an 18 wheeler going full speed down the highway.

He said he was looking left at a funeral procession in the distance when he heard his two friends on the passenger side say "fuck" at the same time. He turned just in time to see the tire going up over the side of the van and he only had time to shield his face. The whole front of the van was ripped out and the right side crumpled. The guy sitting in the passenger seat had his legs dangling over the ground when the car stopped. We always joked about how all you had to do to get the seat belts to lock up was breathe. But I'm pretty sure it saved that guys life. The guy in the front had a bad bruise that covered pretty much his whole right side and the guy in middle row passenger side dislocated his shoulder. My brother only got some cuts from the glass on the hand he used to shield his face.

My brother is the only one who remembers everything that happened. The other two had such bad shock all they could remember was when he pulled out. My mom always kept rosarie beads hanging on the mirror. When my parents were cleaning their posessions out of the wreckage, mom found her cross still hanging from the barely attached mirror. The cross was snapped clean in half. All the stuff from her glove box and the floorboards were strewn all over the road but her cross was still there.
>>
>>17638611
This is at the junk yard when my parents were getting their stuff out
>>
Not my own story, its my mothers but nonetheless
>Moms in the kitchen doing kitchen shit
>Dads dog a springer spaniel named Buck comes hauling ass around the doorway while being chased by my moms golden retriever Ezra
>Buck slams into my moms leg and dislodges a bloodclot
>mom falls on the floor in pain
>Ezra goes immediately from chase mode into "Im gonna fucking rip your throat out for hitting my master" mode
>Ezra proceeds to leap over my mom and pounce on buck
Ezra was the runt of the puppies btw, he was really small when we got him but he ended up growing way bigger then his brothers and sisters, was larger then his pops too
>pins buck on the ground and immediately goes for his throat
>i was only 8-9 at the time and this wasn't the first time these two tried to kill each other
>grab fire poker and stick the straight part in between Ezra's jaw to pry him off of Buck
>mom gets up and grabs Buck by the scruff of his neck and proceeds to pick him up and toss him on the deck
>day goes on and mom continues to say somethings wrong with her leg
>goes to work, Ezra gives her huge problem when she tries to go out the door
sorry for the pre story but trust me it all fits in
>moms at work carrying log books to back of group home
>stops and realizes shes having a heart attack
>that blood clot that got knocked loose is finally fucking shit up
>mom drops to the ground immediately shes fighting to get her phone
>instead of dialling for 911 she calls her work friend whose close with are family and tells her to say to me that she loves me and all that shit people want to say before they die
>work friend calls 911
>911 has to call 911 to reach the area my moms in
My mom was laughing about this when i saw her in the hospital btw
>mom finally dies from heart attack
>10 minutes later ambulance comes
>revives the fuck out of my mom
>she goes in and out of death entire ride to the hospital
will cont
>>
Tried to OD

Doctor said its some kind of miracle because downing as many pills as I did should have killed me no question, regardless of me throwing them up 5-10 minutes later
>>
>>17638747
Oh I guess paranormal twist

Grandfather died the same night I tried to OD

I'm not a spiritual man, but I'll live out the rest of my days knowing the reaper chose him over me.
>>
>be me age 14
>me an my friends slicer and xXkillzoneXx hanging out at my mums in the basement
>we have six big bottles of vodka and whiskey and we drink two each
>I stole a pack of ciggerets of my mums boyfriend because he's a stupid fat Mexican but he thinks he's Samoan and he keeps hitting mum when she makes shitty food for dinner or let's the cat out
>we smoke the cigerets and start to get so high but slicer just gets baked not high
>I say we should go out and light fire works
>after I light the fireworks I hulucenate that were getting chased by cops and I jump on the roof of a house near where we did the fireworks
>the roof is 9-10 feet and I just ran and jumped got half way up and pulled myself up can't remember how I did it because I was still so high
>found a gun on the roof and $500 which I keep and I use the money to buy more liquor I got a guy to buy it for us because I don't have a fake id
>slicer pukes everywhere in my front yard
>mum finds the puke and we just say oh must have had too much popcorn haha
>don't get grounded at all
>>
>>17638742
Interesting. Go on.
>>
>>17638742
>get pulled from school by dad
>hes a frantic mess, only seen my dad cry a handful of times and this was one of them
>he calms down and tells me mom had a heart attack, she died and then came back
>being only 8-9 i was pretty shooken up
>drive there in silence
>get to hospital, dad has to sign in and hes already loosing his shit
>getting mad at the lady behind the desk and everything
>yelling at her saying if his son doesn't get to see his mom one last time and she dies hes gonna come back and shoot no only her but everyone else who tries to stop him
my pops was super bi-polar btw, he would be fine most of the time but if he was really emotional or shit was going wrong he would really let it slip
>lady scared as shit lets my dad go through. tells him where my moms room is and all that
>get to room, dads in hysterics afraid hes gonna lose my mom
>mom slaps the shit out of him while in bed saying if he doesn't straighten out and calm down then they are going to arrest him
>dad leaves room to calm the fuck down
>ask my mom if shes ok and all that
>assured my mom isnt going to die i then ask her a bunch of questions about dieing
>ask her what she saw when she died
heres where it spooks me and il elaborate after
>mom says she saw the light but she saw the dark as well, said neither place wanted her
>says she remembers seeing a bunch of creatures in the dark
>wouldn't go on any further than that
isnt the first time my mom has died btw
since there was a chance of blood clots dislodging again doc prescribes coumadin.
my mom takes it up until 2010
over the course of one of her periods she literally doesn't stop bleeding for almost 4 weeks.
Almost bleeds to death, only reason she didnt die was because of the massive amounts of oj she was drinking doc says
>mom dies again due to low amounts of blood
>docs and nurses literally fighting to keep mom alive and get blood and fluids back in her
enough greentext for now
last part coming next, sorry if its a letdown
>>
>>17633044
I had pneumonia. Like severe pneumonia. When I was a lad, I ended up blacking out and they had to pump a bunch of fluid out of my chest cavity. I don't remember anything before or after. Just kinda regained consciousness in a hospital bed with the TV on. I started crying cause I had no idea where I was and thought I was dead.
>>
>>17638795
Final part

My mom has died alot if you couldnt tell
Shes gone through alot of shit in life including her own spoopy shit
but this takes the cake appearently
>2 months ago my mom wakes me up at 3am
>shes so fucking drunk its not funny
>she drank a big ass bottle of the new jack daniels honey whiskey and half a bottle of some coffee flavored vodka
>my mom knows how to handle her alcohol but christ shes drunk
anyway
>she proceeds to tell me about her time dead
>remembers every time as clear as day
>tells me when she first died she could see the creatures in the dark, same type of shit your mind thinks of when your scared shitless in your bed at night
>goes on to say that when she first died they were clawing at her but just couldnt reach her
>says the second time she was much closer to them but they wouldn't come near her
>third time she died she said she remembers saying how scared they were
>i asked her if they were scared of something around her and she pauses and says no
>looks me dead in the eye, could swear i could see her sober up straight, without sluring a single word says they were afraid of her
>asked her if she thought they were demons
>not slurring she says yes goes to even swear they are
>said every time she died she felt like someone or something had fucked up really badly

TL;DR my mom died and saw the shit that hides in the darkness
it was scared shitless of her

any speculation or whatever would be appreciated, my mom isnt the type to bullshit
imo i think Death really fucked up a few times
>>
>>17638829
also have a few other stories from when my mom was a kid if anyone is interested

includes aliens and ghosts and shit
not in the same storry
>>
>>17638832
Definitely interested.
>>
>>17638829
In truth. It was likely her mind in a panic trying to jump start everything by hallucinations. Part of the reason sleep paralysis suffers might see similar is because the brain is trying to force your body into action. It knows somethings wrong but doesn't know what so it figures if I can get the adrenals to fire then maybe we can run away or fight or do something.

This is all speculation of course. If capable I'd definitely like to attempt dying while under a brain scan to see how much activity happens at the end. If the brain fires on all cylinders until it can't anymore or if it just slows and dies.
>>
Another one i guess
From when they were teens-13-15
took place in mahopac new york, closer to croton falls if you know the area
>My mom and her twin brother are walking down their long as fuck country road in the middle of the woods to get home
>their mom didnt want to pick them up so they had to walk all the way from Mohegan back
it would be about 1986-88 btw incase if anyone else saw it
>as they are walking my mom and uncle notice lights overhead
>uncle thinks its shooting stars and just keeps walking
>my mom stops and so does uncle
>my mom is looking up staring and says they arent stars
>a giant and i mean giant ufo is flying maybe 40ft above the treetops
>mom said it must have been over a mile long
>thing was incredibly silent, no noise no wind nothing
>house is maybe 500 feet up driveway
>uncle immediately starts booking it mom just stands there
>starts to run after uncle
>runs past uncle
>uncle starts screaming not to leave him behind
>they make it back to there house and look out from the clearing
>they watch it move and then shwooooop its gone
>saw the lights stretch and just vanish
>uncle is just freaking out talking about being abducted and shit
>losing his marbles all over the place

thats about the end of it, ive asked my mom if she remembers losing time or anything but she said nope just saw it and that was it
>>
last one i feel like typing out

Involves a ghost my grandfather was good friends with before said person died and became ghost

>My moms sitting in class staring out the window
>says shes just watching rain hit the glass and all that shit
>all of a sudden she feels weird, like electricity is just gathering around her
>all of a sudden this guy in a tweed overcoat and slacks, covered in blood with a camera around his neck just walks through the wall and takes a seet
>guy turns his head introduces himself
>guy then proceeds to say "Tell your father im alright, im in a better place and not to worry"
>guy up and vanishes
>mom goes home and sees her dad
my grandfather was really chill, he used to work for abc news screening what was ok to show to the public, all the footage from Vietnam went through him first
>mom goes up to him and asks him if someone he knows died
>he says no
>mom goes to explain the ghost to him and everything
>he sits there for a minute
>leans in and tells her that one of his good friends died same day in a firefight between some African rebel group and shit
>said just before she came in he was on the phone with his friends son who relayed it to him
>proceeds to tell my mom not to mention a word about it to her mom
>mom goes to bed that night
>wakes up to this blinding light
>its the same mother fucker except cleaned up
>just says thanks and then hes gone
thats about as much as im willing to type for today
again speculation is welcome to all of this
>>
File: mongol.jpg (94KB, 736x386px) Image search: [Google]
mongol.jpg
94KB, 736x386px
>be like 5 years old
>go to public swimming pool
>go to deep end of pool
>drown
>get drug out of pool by life guard
>soul leaves body
>can see a bunch of people gathered around my body
>everything is glowing and it feels very warm
>get sucked back into my body and cough up water
>go home and eat watermelon

in retrospect haunting a swimming pool wouldnt have been that bad having lived the life i have
>>
>>17637513
>"how much did you take?"
>"20 bars and three bottles of amitryptiline"
>he literally says "WHAT THE FUCK

kek. Glad you're okay though, anon.
>>
750mg of DNP and LSD.
It was like I was talking with the cells of my body.
>>
I overdosed on my antidepressants at one point. I was 16 and my parents came home and noticed I was unresponsive when they called me. An ambulance came immediately.

My car lost control and slammed into a massive oak tree. A bunch of people ran over and thought I was at least seriously injured. The car was totaled but somehow I crawled out and didn't even go to the hospital.

Back when I lived in Alaska, as a kid, I went sledding down this steep hill. My dumbass forgot that there was an ice lake at the bottom of it. I only realized that when it was too late and I was sliding on ice. Not only was I unlucky enough to land on the thinner layer of ice but there ended up being moose like 5 feet away from me. I nearly shit my pants and had to lay there while I got stared down by a huge bull moose.
>>
>Be about 8 years old
>Feel ill, so don't go in to school
>Ask mum if I can go to doctor
>She reluctantly takes me
>Supposed to have an appointment in 15 minutes
>2 hours later and we're still waiting
>I'm noticeably worse
>Mum gets angry and demands to see doctor immediately
>1 hour later and I can't keep my head up any more
>Finally see doctor
From this point on, I was so out of it that I don't remember what happened. This is based on what my mum told me.
>Doctor instantly identifies that something is wrong
>Rushed to hospital
>Blood test done and given a bunch of intravenous and oral antibiotics
>Stayed in hospital overnight; can't remember how long my med course was
Turns out it was a severe group A streptococcal (GAS) infection in my blood. According to the hospital doctor, if my appointment had been delayed by even half an hour more, I would have died of multisystem organ failure.
I don't really remember what happened most of the ordeal; just the painful parts.
>>
>>17639014
HOW much lsd? Was it 750mg of dnp with some lsd or 750mg each?
>>
fell 24ft from a window almost a year ago. broke my lower spine, my pelvis in three places, my wrist, my elbow (shattered) and my shoulder (shattered). Lung collapsed too. Am now up and walking
>>
Couple of times now. I think I have been abnormally lucky, and that scares me a little.

-been homeless, almost died of exposure, FOUND cash (actually found. 100 bucks in an empty cigarette pack.) Came back from that brink.
-almost hit by lightning (within maybe 10ft) 2 seperate times while boating.
-chased by a bear, got away by shimmying down a cliff face. Rescued by hunters
-hit by exploding mining equipment. Miraculously missed my torso by about an inch, grazing my side.
-survived 2 equipment failures while SCUBA diving
-stabbed in eastern europe at bar.

Jesus, as I type, more keep coming back to me. Am I lucky or unlucky? What the hell, man??

-caught in steam blast, partially flayed all skin off my left hand.
-in 4 car accidents, never as the driver. Once while in the trunk. During the crash, a pole speared through the trunk from below. Missed me by a foot maybe. Everyone assumed they were going to find me drunk when they popped the trunk, out I come pissed off and staggering.
-poisoned SO many times. Not even gonna count those.
-Major nerve almost severed. Surgeon later told me I was roughly .75mm away from paralysis.
-hit in throat by shrapnel (also at previous mine). It stuck in, and looked gruesome, but missed major blood vessels and didn't penetrate deep enough to pierce windpipe. Just looked REALLY ghoulish.
-got a bum ticker. Heart hiccups sometimes. Usually during sex, desu. Feels real bad.

What's crazy is I was almost stillborn. I wonder if it's like some final destination shit, where I was not supposed to live.

Also, not unique in this regard, but I was an army brat, and as a child, was inside the fallout radius when Chernobyl happened. So there's that too.
>>
>>17639417
Radiation makes you stronger
Look at the hulk that worked for him so hey
maybe you have super powers and just dont know yet
>>
>>17637267
All NDEs have repeating elements (usually a white light and a tunnel, meeting your deceased relatives, etc) so unless there is a chemical which creates this EXACT experience according to your memories, it's real.
>>
>be me
>13 yrs old
>total badass so i decide to climb a walmart
>big pipe on back,climb it like a firepole
>i didn't do much but i did piss of the back of the building for the lols
>am climbing down
>fall
ohshit.jpeg
>all of a sudden I'm flying
>right before i hit the ground i just start flying
>i am scared as hell but yolo i was cool
>i flew around and i watched everything happen, people didn't even see me
>flew to japan and watched peaceful rivers
>even explored a jungle temple
>lady appears infant of me
"this was a big misunderstanding, It isn't your time yet
>wtf let me explore the temple
>wake up
>in hospital
>i landed on glass bottle and had surgery to remove shards of it from my body
>they had to remove one from my spinal cord
>doc says if it was 2 mm deeper it would have severed an artery and i would have died from blood lost
>i still have one piece of glass the size of a dime in my left arm
>fukin walmart
but yea i didn't think of it as anything, i thought it was a dream but it definatly changed my perspective of death
>>
>>17633044
i had a nail up my head once when I was in 2nd grade, cont. if anyone interested, it's a pretty short story
>>
>>17639417
Holy shit you must have some interesting stories
>>
File: readImage.jpg (13KB, 323x301px) Image search: [Google]
readImage.jpg
13KB, 323x301px
>>17633059
>. the one where i blacked out was scarier because i didn't even know i was dying until everything had already happened

>there's nothing after death

shutupshutupshutupshutup
>>
>>17639417
define stream blast
>-poisoned SO many times. Not even gonna count those.
should tell us about some of the interesting ones

>a pole speared through the trunk from below
what? how did a pole go through the underside of a trunk?

your post in itself is a miracle
>>
>>17633044
got literally mauled by a wolf when I was a kid. can't remember much. my mom saved me from it.
she saw the wolf and had a battle stare with it and the wolf went away

my story is in a documentary although I won't mention the name

As I said, I don't remember much I fell unconscious and I was very little
NEVER PLAYED ON THE WOODS ALONE AGAIN
>>
File: The_Dude.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
The_Dude.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
>>17639931
Yep. If you ever see me at a bar, buy me a cider and I'll just keep talking til you tell me to stop, man.

The trick would be finding out if I am me. Just come up and ask me if I like bones in my drinks. If it's me, I'll know what you mean. I look a lot like the Dude these days.

>>17640011
A piece of machinery vented steam when it was not supposed to, as my arm was reaching across. The skin just kind of... blew off. Like it was crepe paper hit by a hose. It was still largely intact, but dangling from my elbow. Due to the shock, it just felt oddly breezy.

Hm. Well I have been bit by a few snakes, and dozens of spiders, and so many variations on bees and wasps, that I seem to be immune to beestings now. Just feels like pinches. Now I am extremely resistant to sedatives, which is mildly entertaining at the hospital. Scares the piss out of the nurses when you just don't go down.

So I was drinking in the trunk. Being smuggled into an undisclosed location. When the driver (not drunk, I should note) swerved to avoid an animal, and went up over a stout fence. The car somehow got up on top of the posts, which were driven by the weight of the car up through the hood, and the trunk. Everyone then gathered around the trunk expecting to find a mangled and impaled me, but in my drunken stupor, I believed the car had been run off the road by scoundrels, and came out in a FURIOUS AMBUSH.
>>
>>17633044
That picture of broken bones triggers me.

I had a compound fracture of my tibia and fibula. If you don't know what that is, it's when you break a bone and the bone slices through the skin and pokes out. Luckily, the paramedics were close, but apparently I lost a lot of blood. It took em 15 minutes to arrive.

While I was put under with some drugs for them to do surgery (relocate the bone, insert a rod into my bone for it to heal) I had what can only be described as a bad drug trip. I hallucinated that I was about to die, and I was floating towards nothingness. That's about it tho.

Having dreams while put under is NOT fun. At least in my experience.
>>
I remember when I was a kid my parents had taken me to this big recreation area for some huge event. This place was awesome and had tons of stuff to do via pools, sports and whatnot. I remember roaming and what not but I knew where the adults were and whatnot but I was still out of sight.
Anyways I was being an idiot and running by the pool( adult pool no less so it was deep as shit) i remember slipping into the pool and instantly freaking out and getting exhausted. Finally I just started to sink...still fighting it though and I shit you not someone picks me up from behind and drags me out of the pool(it was my father). IDK how the fuck he found he or even knew... like i said I was way out of sight and there was basically nobody around.
>>
File: 1447306350740.jpg (123KB, 680x599px) Image search: [Google]
1447306350740.jpg
123KB, 680x599px
>>17633044
Car accident, but the closest one was by drowning. Very peaceful when your body stops strugglin.
>>
>>17633261
How did you feel waking up with your pants down. We're u naked in the snow? Why did nobody find you?
>>
>>17638829
Did your mother change in any way after each of her deaths? If so, please explain how she was before and after. Also was she religious before or after (or not at all)?

With what she said about her experiences, I can only assume she grew spiritually stronger each time which is why the demons were repelled (or that she just started getting use to dying and had nothing to fear anymore)

But sometimes a person's religious belief can dictate what will happen to them after they die or what state of mind they're in, which could explain why your mother had such a horrible time for her first NDE although that's what makes it so surprising because she knew she was dying and made her farewells which usually helps in making the death more peaceful.
>>
File: $RZ1GK27.jpg (147KB, 625x505px) Image search: [Google]
$RZ1GK27.jpg
147KB, 625x505px
>>17633044
well. i don't but someone close yes, he have a bike accident for ride that shit drunk in 2011, slam in one truck and broke the half of he skull with one concrete post, he was death for 45 minutes, weak up in road to the morgue in the hospital, what he say was he see, was a light tunel a long one, and one old death familiar just angry with him, he re primended him and turn him back, saying "he need go back for he daughter", this guy in that moment have a pregnant girlfriend, with a unrecognized girl upcoming,
a totally broke jaw, and one desire for stop drink was he life for one year, i visited him one time, he mood change drastically but in essence still the same with the same jokes, just totally desfigurated for one time that happen in 2011, the girl burn he respond for she, but one year ago he start decaying in the drunk life again, its a shame he don't learn the leason, he mother, a women of 65+ told us a couple of times, he actually don't told the complete history about what he see, wen she was care him from the surges she say some times he scream for the nightmares, he never told what is, but he mother swearing he see more stuffs in he death time but don't have the guts for recognized it. in 2015 he lost he family again and we ( they suppost firends, dont wish to talk with him cause he is screw up.), short time ago like 15 days ago we go to he mothers house, she change house cause dotn want to see him in that decadent state and dont want to deal with drunk people entering to she house, she say to ous "maybe if have other accident, nobody will return him this time", but well, that guy just abandoning he daughter with almost 6 years old, just for buy a taxi and restart he drunk abits... i think, he mother its right, its a shame, was a good guy loong ime ago, but since he start drinking again 1 year back, we leave him, friends and familly, wath a wasted of oportunity for him.
>>
>>17639988
Why does it matter? After you die you won't know you're dead. Just eternal blackness. You won't have a way of knowing. So it won't be so bad. But what if you're born into another life? Like the life of a Muslim that gets beheaded? Someone tortured till almost your entire body doesn't work and live a full life? Maybe you relive your entire life all over. Maybe you'll get to make different decisions or you're just on repeat. All the heartbreak, all the pain, all the depression, all the lost hopes and dreams. Only to get to the end, die, and the tape rewinds.
>>
>>17640491
I kind of want to kill myself now but I don't want to. I'm conflicted.
>>
Ask away
>>
>be me
>be 13 year old male
>be by this pond at a shopping center
>a few other kids are there
>notice that the pond is full of ducks, but mostly a flock of Canada Geese
>damn Canucks
>walk by this one goose, it sticks its tongue out and it hisses at me
>20 min later
>one of the kids dares me to run across these stepping stones in the water to this small island in the middle of the lake
>look at it. It's about the size of a kitchen, with reeds everywhere
>agree
>I proceed to madly leap across te stepping stones to the island
>hear hissing
>ohshit.jpg
>look to me left to see a female goose and her nest hidden in the plants, which means...
>turn to see a giant ass man-goose flying at me
>proceed to turn, try to run back to land
>not yet, motherfucker
>the Canada Goose fucking bites the back of my neck, drags me into the water
>continues to peck at me, almost gets my eye
>nope.jog
>I manage to throw it off my back, get onto the stepping stones, and half-limp, half run back to the land

Fucking Canucks.
>>
>>17640511
Being dead is the same as being not born yet. It's the exact same thing you experienced before you came into this world...nothingness.

Who's to say that you won't return to this world from that same nothingness? You're already here, make the most of it and have fun. Things could be worse.
>>
>>17640713
I recall the nothingness. I don't know why but it's always the same. Maybe it was when I was in my mothers stomach. I don't know. But I recall nothingness.
>>
>>17640713
Being dead is a little different.
>>
I overdosed on heroin twice when I was 17. Never saw anything. I came back and tears were pouring down my face, even though I wasn't scared or sad. But I still believe in the afterlife regardless of what happened.
>>
>>17640756
It's nothing more than a really long dream. Once you die you enter another dream. You just keep going deeper and deeper.
>>
>>17633222
Thank you anon people like you are the reason why I work 60 hours a week. I live in LA and I get called to over 3-4 overdose a day
>>
I once was rushed to hospital for practically cutting off my hand. Something woke me up in the middle of the night and scared me so deeply I threw myself out of the window to get away. No spoopy rp bullshit, ghost almost took my hand. Blood was everywhere, bitch to clean up.
>>
>>17636767
No you had visions of 50-60 fps a sec. Normal is 30.
>>
Car wreck in 2011, knocked me unconscious for about 20 minutes, fractured skull, shattered a molar and blood everywhere. Didn't see shit.
>>
I did. Rammed and run over on a sidewalk by a pick up truck drunk driver. Went under and it drove over my body. Nothing broken, some road rash and a sprained ankle. I mean my ankle was basically skinned but I lived with almost minor injuries. Lost my dog that day though, he ran him over as well.
>>
>>17637880
Did you even go to a doctor?
>>
>>17638638
Fuck
>>
I tore my head apart below my right eyes when i was really young what is left of it is a small scar
Makes me look badass wich is nice
>>
When I was a kid I tripped and fell into a busy street. A car almost ran over my head but my parents said I was pulled out of the road but there was no one there.
>>
>>17641538
How?
>>
>>17639417
Are you Rasputin or The Most Interesting Man in the World?
>>
>>17633044
I overdosed on heroin and was dead for like three minutes.
>>
I had a boyfriend in college who tried to strangle me.

>Woke up in the middle of the night, he was sitting over me, naked, with his hands around my throat.
>Blacked out more than once, he was much bigger/stronger than me.
>He let up after I blacked out, i think he thought I was dead, and got up, and I had the chance to dart into the bathroom.
>He started screaming and banging on the door, trying to smash it with a chair.
>Called the police with his cellphone which was in the bathroom.
>Bathroom door holds/he's not as strong as he thinks he is. I cry like an idiot, because I was 17 and apparently lame.
>Police arrive and take him away, spitting and yelling, stark naked.

Found out later he suffered from deep psychological issues and was experimentally off his meds without telling anyone, and he'd apparently thought I was there to spy on him.
>>
>>17641835
Fucking sucks. Glad you lived.
>>
>>17641841
Yeah, me too.

I remember standing in the street, sobbing and wearing nothing but one of those stupid silver blankets the cops have for exposure, and trying to explain to an officer who kept trying to give me a cup of tea that I didn't want any.
>>
Feel of the top floor of a church, the whole expirience is kinda of odd
I had an ilusion and threw myself of the top floor
>>
>>17641715
>>17642164
Shit my bad im kind of sleepy
>>
File: 31d.gif (156KB, 260x187px) Image search: [Google]
31d.gif
156KB, 260x187px
What's bothering me most about this thread is how fucking easy it is to come close to death. Random, out of the blue, and bam, dead.

Sorry all you anons had to go through it. This shit is terrifying.
>>
>>17642295
A friend of mine in high school was walking home and literally got hit on the head by a falling wrench, from one of those tall assed cranes. It was top of a building across the block, and just fell like ten stories and nailed her in the skull. Gave her massive cranial fractures, put her in a coma for months. She's never been the same since.

So yeah. We're all walking fucking tightropes basically.
>>
>>17635105
shut the fuck up you horrible fat neckbeard pillowfucker
>>
>>17636767
dude holy shit i feel sick
>>
>>17642295
Thing is, if it constantly occupies our thoughts, we'd go nuts!
>>
>>17633044

Several times.

I was raised in foster care, and I had one foster parent that was psychotic

I don't like talking about it, but I'm pretty sure she tried to kill me at least a couple of times.

We lived in Arizona and in the summer, one day when it was 118 degrees, she locked me in a metal outdoor shed. Those things hit oven temperatures really fast.

I tried to break the door down without success. Screamed, banged on the walls. Awhile later when I was too weak to fight I just decided to lay down in the dark and conserve my energy. A neighbor who had been using our shed to store some tools happened to come by and open it to get something. He was seriously weirded out by it, even though my foster mom eventually convinced him I had been locked in there by accident.

Another time I got sick with a respiratory infection and nobody took me to the doctor.
I went to a sleepover with some other kids, pretended I was OK. I started hemmorhaging from my sinuses and my lungs were filling with fluid in the night. I tried to clean up the blood, which was all over my nightshirt, but I passed out in a pool of my own blood and vomit. I woke up in the hospital hooked up to IVs.

Another time as a kid I got run over by a car. Broke ribs and my ankle, had some road rash, but got out surprising unscathed. Really thought I was going to die, though.

As an adult I was hit by a commercial truck and was unconscious for awhile. I had amnesia after. Took a lot of physical therapy to learn how to walk and drive again and whatnot.

The crazy thing is, there was no near death experience. No life flashing before my eyes. Just the realization that I was probably going to die, then blackness, usually paired with cold (from shock) or pain (if the shock hadn't set in yet).
>>
A few friends and i hiked several hundred feet up a gully one morning that we had been up many times before. There is a really nice waterfall up at the top we usually travel to before descending. It had been raining for about a week, we figured it would look amazing with the raised water levels in the area. We set out in the morning during a light rain, took us about three hours to get to the waterfall when the rain started coming down much faster and the water levels that usually were anywhere from ankle high to knee high through here were getting up to our waists quick so we decide to turn back...
>>
>>17644207
The water started moving faster on our way down, it became harder and harder to hold our feet down while moving. about half way down there is a trail that converges with the gully so we talked about whether we should just take that. Everyone's like, "this shit is fucking retarded, a full blown tree just flew past us. We are taking the trail". Everyone but 1 kid and I, we thought we could scale this vertical wall about 150feet high and climb down with rope...
>>
>>17644234
I climbed out onto the wall first and scaled across the wall and wedged myself between the wall and a tree. He threw me the rope and i wrapped it around the tree and he tied his side off into another one so he could use the rope to distribute his weight better(he was a bit heavy and out of shape). He started to scale the wall but i could see he was putting too much of his weight into the rope instead of using it as more of a guide and lifeline when all of a sudden the fucking rope snapped on his end. I remember it like it was just a moment ago, he grabbed on the rope tightly as he started to fall into a swing looking up at me while i held the other side of the rope as he was swept away by the current down the falls below.
>>
>>17644253
I tried to spot him but i couldn't. He died while i was close by.
The End
>>
>>17643880
Poor bastard. How'd things turn out for you?
>>
>>17633044
One time I was cutting down dangerous trees. Sick and dying and already dead. Mainly ones that had rotted through roots and where leaning over this dirt road. We came across a patch that had a few completely infested with ants, I cut one and they came pouring out (pouring may be a strong word, not so many you couldn't count them as they came out).

Anyways, there was this one tree I got to, there was a lot of brush and other shit on the ground, I just wanted to get it done and move on so I didn't clear my work area like I should have, but you know how work is, as much as higher ups say safety first, it's really speed, then safety.

so I was really packed in and couldn't get proper footing or a view. I overshot my face cut a little. When I put in the back cut the whole fucking tree spun 45 degrees, so the top part of the face cut (for those that dont run saw that's the cut that the tree falls into) was staring right the fuck at me. I couldn't move from what I was standing in. And then it fell. The branches knocked off my lid, but luckily what was left of the holding wood had just enough hold in it to further spin the tree as it was falling just enough to make it miss me.

Looking back I am a lucky fucker, I never thought of it as a near death experience, but that thing would have crushed me.
>>
>>17640339
Please learn to type English better.
>>
>>17637633
I attempted suicide twice, and I feel the same way sometimes..like if I had only died then, shit wouldn't be so fucking awful
>>
This happened to my boyfriend. Tire from a 16 wheeler bounced off a bridge above the highway, and landed in his passenger seat. His ex gf put it on instagram with the caption "I was in this seat 10 mins before it happened" (which really irritates me, since he was actually in the accident...).
>>
I had my tonsils out when I just graduated middle school. The procedure left an ooze, which isn't uncommon, and I had it cauterized twice. The day before my birthday, two weeks after the surgery, my artery burst while I was sleeping and I'm lucky I woke up. It sounds like rushing water and I was technically drowning. It took a while to convince my mom I was in trouble because she runs a day care and didn't want to leave to get me help. At the cauterizing office they told us I needed surgery asap and I was rushed to the hospital. Two stitches and some blood later I found out I'm allergic to demerol because my skin was turning green at the IV site.

The next day I was left alone at my house. My birthday happened to be father's day that year and my mom and brother went out with her boyfriend, who is now my step dad...
>>
I got off of a bus on a two lane street and as I'm about to cross in front of the bus a car goes flying by in the opposite lane about 6 inches in front of me. That would've sucked.
>>
File: 1459403569614.jpg (401KB, 1200x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1459403569614.jpg
401KB, 1200x1068px
>>17633044
Well i should have died at birth but the most recent close call happened last year when i had to stop my house from burning down.
>>
I came out with the umbilical cord wrapped around my neck and the trainee midwife tried to cut it away instead of unwrapping it, she cut into my neck by accident

So basically I was hanged and had my throat slit in the first 30 seconds of my life
>>
At 5 I went to Benidorm for a family holiday, basically my ma was upstairs with my sister in the hotel room as she fell over. My dad pissed off to the bar so it was just me and my sleeping aunt, I jumped in the pool thinking it was shallow and almost drowned. Screamed for help but my aunt didn't respond, there is no fucking way she couldn't hear me. I blacked out, when I came to I was on the surface of the pool stunned.

The second time was when I was 10 years old. I was hanging out with a friend when I was crossing a road, this car was going 60MPH, I jumped out the way in time and the car was basically a millisecond away from me. This psycho bitch then yelled at us even though it was her fault for going 60MPH in a 30MPH zone tried to follow us, we jumped under a shallow river and hid there for 10 minutes
>>
>>17644597
*There was a shallow river so we hid under the bridge. I can't stand typos, even my own
>>
>>17641030
Dude what? Your eyes aren't a monitor. Biological vision is a continuous stream not still frames.
>>
>>17633148
>have you read stiff by mary roach
another anon here.
Saw your post, gave this a search, and found a free .pdf of it online. I'm excited, thanks.

I saw a dying patient in a hospital once who had balls the size of basketballs-well, imagine one basketball-sized water balloon and one volleyball-sized water balloon and stick those inside a huge swollen scrotum lying on a bed in between an sleeping old man's legs and you'll have it.
I was working as a unit clerk on a progressive care unit in a hospital, and just starting nursing school. When I heard a young nurse talking about the massive size of her patients testes I was shocked. (It was night shift, no visitors or patients able to hear us at all, just FYI). She said, "you want to be a nurse, right? you should see this." She later explained that his body systems and organs were shutting down and he wasn't able to keep a proper fluid balance in his body tissues. I guess since the testes aren't vital organs, it was one of the places fluid was building up in the poor man.

Fascinated to hear that the testicles swell to the grapefruit-size after death.

BTW, what I saw with him was nothing compared to working on a dementia unit in a long term care facility a few years later. I'd MUCH rather have my body break down than my mind.

(oh yeah, one more thing. I was on Wellbutrin for a while, still on Lexapro. have been for years (depression, anxiety.) Thank you for sharing your scary OD story - glad you're OK!
>>
>>17637238
People in active addiction have brains that are chemically damaged, with pathways re-altered (just about permanently) - neurologists have studied the neurotransmitters involved in making choices and decision-making and those of an addict's do not function at all in the same way as a healthy person. An addict's brain literally tells them, chemically, and compels them to seek drugs before safety, food, sex, love, sleep, you name it.

Now it is arguable that an addict chose to RISK this happening the first time they tried heroin, or whatever substance, and for that they are at fault. But it's wrong to think that they chose addiction itself, and the terrible suffering and agony that goes with it- including all but destroying their (and their loved one's) lives.

I hope to change the mind of people who feel the way that you do because, IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE. we all do things we regret in life. I hope an pray no one you know ever has to live through something like this, or possibly live like this only to die from it, like so many others. I know it's hard not to blame them for their initial mistake of trying the drug in the first place, but blaming them for the choices they make once addicted is unfair. Active addicts are people with a brain injury.

>They've chosen to go play in a dangerous area, though signs said keep out. And you're yelling at them to get out, and can't understand why they don't, but what you don't see is how the dangerous area has damaged them. You cannot run out of harm if you have two broken legs, smashed ankles and feet.

>>17637265
again, "decides" to keep using is scientifically wrong - I'll post a video explaining the neuroscience behind it.
AND, many people who've battled addition change the world (musicians, artists - just one example) and millions of working people with families can become addicts, as recovered addicts can reform their lives, start or reconnect with families, and otherwise positively contribute to society.
>>
File: 51kGK9VvNlL.jpg (59KB, 345x500px) Image search: [Google]
51kGK9VvNlL.jpg
59KB, 345x500px
>>17644739
I'm posting a link to a (an unlisted) youtube video that is a clip of a documentary that explains the neurological bases behind the addicts inability to "choose" rationally.

>6. Dopamine & Glutamate in Addiction
https://youtu.be/op0XqgWQn7E?list=PLA8F89537FD4C3FD1

The full documentary is called "Pleasure Unwoven: An Explanation of the Brain Disease of Addiction". The narrator is Kevin McCauley who both is a physician, and a recovered addict.

I believe you can find the entire (or at least the majority of the) documentary online.
Keep in mind it's from around 2009 - addiction science has come even farther in the last 7 years. For a more current look at the reality of addiction, I recommend the HBO documentary series.

Please, please consider a more open, dare I say more sympathetic, view of those suffering from addiction (despite what bad decisions lead them to the place that they're in now. we all make mistakes. we've all done things we regret.) God forbid, you having to come to an understanding of the reality of this scourge late in the game - when it's already got its grips onto someone you love.
>>
>>17644739
Not that anon, but they are completely stupid for choosing to do it in spite of knowing the risks. It would be my hope that they get treatment and fix themselves, yes, but it's like sticking your hand in a blender, turning it on, and wondering why the hell you're bleeding and missing fingers. It's stupid and it's a choice that they made.
>>
Carbon monoxide poisoning by faulty heater. Almost a goner. At one point the percentage in my blood was over that of some people that actually were killed by it. Yet I was able to alarm a friend before passing out.
>>
File: shining jack frozen.jpg (121KB, 375x250px) Image search: [Google]
shining jack frozen.jpg
121KB, 375x250px
>>17633044
almost died in a blizzard a few years back, got blackout drunk and walked into it with no coat

pic related : me
>>
>>17644770
I understand why you feel that way. The problem is that the judgement of them being "completely stupid" is a contributing factor to the crippling guilt and shame addicts' feel which only adds to their reluctance and difficulty in seeking help or admitting they have a problem.

People jump out of planes and off of cliffs and ski down mountains, but if they get injured no one says "they got what they deserve" or turns away help thinking they are some kind of degenerate loser.

And sometimes knowing the risks isn't the issue. There are some who try heroin because their mothers or fathers did. And far too many end up addicted to painkillers because of an injury, or chronic pain. They were following a doctor's orders when they found themselves chemically dependent.
Addiction often accompanies mental illness - imagine a 20 year old in college who doesn't even recognize yet that they have depression, or anxiety, or worse - they're just partying like an average person their age until the use turns to abuse so that they can cover up their anxiety or sadness...

The path that addicts have to follow to survive is a terribly, seemingly impossible one - especially that of opiate addicts. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. There is a reason so many wind up dead or in jail before they get a chance to get clean on their own terms.

Both kids from troubled families and healthy, happy families are dying. The county I live in has seen overdose deaths r/t heroin soar in the last ten years. It's a proper epidemic in several U.S. states now, and still people say "it won't happen to me." or "my kids wouldn't do that". People whose children and siblings are dead said the same thing. How is judging their dead son/daughter/sister/brother helping them cope? Might as well invite the Westboro Baptist Church to picket the funeral is an extreme way of looking at it.

We must become less judgemental and more educated about the subject if we hope to solve this problem.
>>
>>17644770
>>17644849
thanks again for responding and I do understand why you think the way you do.

the TL;DR of my above post would be this

>>17644770
>it's like sticking your hand in a blender, turning it on, and wondering why the hell you're bleeding and missing fingers. It's stupid and it's a choice that they made.
No, it is not like that at all. That is an over-simplification and a gross misunderstanding of a complicated issue. Please reconsider.
>>
>>17644849
Look, I know all those reasons, but you don't have to get so defensive over it. There are still people who willfully do dumb, dangerous things because they think it's fun. Look at any drug thread people try to start here, when you tell them to fuck off, they're like "lol drugs is fun, y so hate", "go away, prude" and "muh spiritual enlightenment".

People who get hurt skydiving or whatever are still kinda dumb, but you can't even compare because drugs are harmful with no real purpose, other than a temporary high or escape from problems, like you've said. Anyway, this is the near-death experiences thread, you should probably go to /adv/ if you want to preach tolerance for addicts so we don't derail this any further.
>>
Nearly drowned in a public pool when I was 9, hit the bottom of my rib cage and started to sink, until someone pulled me out.
>>
bamp
>>
>be me
>10-11 weeks ago
>small party with (ex) gf, friend's gf, and some others
>everybody already shitfaced when i got there, friend's gf having a fucking depressive breakdown over bf
>fuckindrunkies.jpg
>we let her freak out since nobody wanted to deal with a crying drunk girl
>after a while she runs outside
>wtf
>ex gf and her friend crying
>nobody sober enough to chase her except me, and that's my best friend's girl so I had to go after her
>running for a little while, find her in the middle of a really busy street, trying to get hit
>i'm slowly walking across, expertly trying not to get killed
>on the other side of the road, car swerves to avoid hitting her
>turns my direction
>clips my leg and I go flying
>almost get hit by second car, stops inches away from my head on the pavement
apparently she just walked back home after that and fell asleep.
fucking drunk girls man, haven't gone to a party since
>>
Once I overdosed on iron supplements. I was badly anaemic at the time, and I couldn't swallow meds so I chewed them. I didn't realise it overdoses you. Iron overdose can be fatal even in small doses but the supplements I had were high dose anyway because I was so badly anaemic. I also had pretty bad anxiety/depression at the time so was too scared to seek help and so I just risked dying I guess. It hurt like a bitch though.
>>
>>17633169
My cousin almost drowned this way when he was younger.
>>
>>17633044
I haven't ever come close to death but my mom did, and she died during spinal surgery for about 30 minutes. She described seeing herself on the operating table with her back open and everything,and all the doctors were trying to get her back alive, and then she started seeing a really really bright light. Then she heard this voice telling her it wasn't her time, and that she should go back.
>>
>>17633044
When I was 13, I accidentally broke a already weakened window. My hand went through it, cutting my wrist. If the glass broke in any other way, I would have cut both arteries in my wrist. Instead, the wound just slightly oozed blood, and I was able to apply pressure with a towel, and walk to the kitchen where my mom was and say "Mom, I think I need to go to the hospital.". When I arrived at the hospital and finally went back, I rated my pain level at -5/10, and then discussed the best placement for the 5 stitches with the doc.
>>
>>17644894
Had a similar experience, except at a pool owned by my school at the time.
P.E. teacher/life guard at the time was some really fucked up bitch. I'd seen her watching me getting my gayass beat during recess a lot before. I wasn't a strong swimmer and what happened was she kept trying to step on my hands when I put my hands on the pool edge. Basically lil 5 y/o me ran out of steam and went under and according to my class mates she just stood there and watched me go down. I passed out and only got out 'cause one of the stronger swimmers went down and started trying to pull me up. She got fired and put on the pedo-list and shit, but yeah. I woke up in hospital I think two days later.

Also I've attempted suicide twice. One overdose and one where I tried to jump in front of a train.
>>
>sophomore year of college
>coastal region of the South
>stupid friends and I had seen on TV Yankees doing "polar bear challenge"
>thought it was interesting but settled on them being pussies for getting their bodies used to the cold before the dove in
>we actually get snow, temp is 26F, which is below average for that area
>"lets do this"
>decide to go to the beach, driver awaits in car
>car's heat is cranked up full blast
>plan is to go from direct heat to full submerge in the 26 degree weather
>quarter mile jog to the water
>one friend runs far faster than me
>as I approach the water, he's coming back from being only partially submerged, saying "fuck that"
>I conclude that he's a pussy and dive in
>extreme pain all over my body
>could have only been moments, but felt like eternity
>sort of black out
>come to consciousness underwater
>pull myself from the water
>every part of my body feels like it weighs a ton
>the same sensation of your foot being asleep, but over the entirety of my body
>hard to breathe, feels like my lungs are the size of dimes
>can hear my breaths being loud weezes, taste blood
>every footstep takes a huge amount of willpower
>fight the urge to sleep every second
>finally get to the car
>"what took you so long, anon?"
>me and other bro huddle around towels the rest of the night
>drink off the reality that I almost went into shock on my way back to the car, and my dipshit friends would have probably found me dead

And ever since then, I have a hard time being high strung about anything. I was extremely diligent and clean before this event, and now it takes a lot of effort to force myself to even shower. It's like... a part of me died on that beach, and the ability to be alive is such a huge magnitude above daily, mundane tasks. Takes me forever to get angry, I avoid altercations at all cost, etc.
>>
No joke I almost died from constipation same year I almost drowned my life sucks
>age 12
>abused as a kid my bowels stretched out
>I can't shit I'm so fucked in the head
>stop shitting for a few months
>go to the doctors
>you have a bowel obstruction anon
>your shit has mummified
>if you don't shit you will have surgery
>I don't want a shit bag
>go to emergency room
>docs have their hands up my ass grabbing shit
>this was a 4 month process I was bedridden
>couldn't eat lose 60 lbs in a month and half
>I throw everything up I'm laying on death bed
>call for mom she won't listen
>start crying out of hopelessness
>feel arm on shoulder
>see twinkle in corner of room warm sunshine
>overwhelming euphoric feeling
>"I'm ready to die"
>light goes away and I push it of as nothing
I think it was a hallucination from starving
I recommend fasting its very enlightening and blissful after the 4th day the pain was over
>My bowels are fixed but my mind isn't
At least I can shit like a normal person now
>>
Car accident on motorway, thought
>going to die
>peace happened
>awesome, beautiful
>life is good but have no fear of dying now
>>
>>17633169
Holy fuck thats how i lrarned to swim
>>
>>17633242
They kicked from your house? Why?
>>
File: lakepalestine.jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
lakepalestine.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
>>17646204
My drowning experience
>still 12 this is after the bowel obstruction
>suicidal loner with no friends
>even the emos pick on me
>everybody hates me
>go camping with senpai
>favorite spot I in east Texas piney woods
>me and best friend make up stories
>dead people curses we talked about murder
>this night just with senpai and senpai friends
>midnight and need to pee
>this little hidden dip looks cool
>IDIOT
>start to pee
>FUCK FUCK FUCK don't let me die this way
>cliff breaks off into water I'm slipping
>clinching to mud and tree roots
>screaming for help senpai can't hear
>tree roots and vines wrap around legs
>feels like arms pulling me down
>panic mode very violent way to go
>all I can think about is my new sneakers
>please don't let me lose those sweet sneaks
>mom wakes up pulls me out of water
>I'm safe
>STILL GOT THE SWEET SNEAKS
I wonder if it was the curse we spoke of thus place meant a lot to me it was so unique the way the sun shone through the trees
>>
>>17637513
what do you think helped with stopping listening to the voices and with the depression? why did you stop going to therapy?
>>
File: hi.gif (368KB, 400x223px) Image search: [Google]
hi.gif
368KB, 400x223px
>>17638890
>wakes up to this blinding light
>its the same mother fucker except cleaned up
>just says thanks and then hes gone

What an extremely casual ghost encounter.
>hfw
>>
>be me about a year ago
>super depressed
>decide to an hero
>try to hang myself
>pass out
>wake up

I survived hanging. Wtf.
>>
>>17646466
I managed to get myself out of the noose
>>
>>17641835
> I cry like an idiot, because I was 17 and apparently lame.
that's a bit harsh on yourself. That's a pretty fucking intense experience for anyone.
>>
>>17644860
not the other guy but
>People who get hurt skydiving or whatever are still kinda dumb, but you can't even compare because drugs are harmful with no real purpose

I think you should read that a few times until you realise how silly that sentence is. But you're right about derailing the thread so I'll probe no further
>>
>>17644302
>it's really speed first then safety

Truer words couldn't be spoken. I've seen more than a few guys miss death by mere inches. I was lifting an elevator car with my mechanic when I was an apprntince and I saw him almost lose his hand when we were running new ropes.
>>
>>17633044
I had a molotov explode on my forehead a few months ago
I just remember falling down and feeling a soft heat, I wound up driving myself to the hospital because my friend couldn't drive stick

sometimes I'm sure I died and am in hell
>>
>>17647550
Good news and bad news anon. Good news, you didn't die then. Bad news, this IS hell.
>>
>>17639904
Nah, we're cool.

[spoiler]Just post it, don't ask, faggot.[/spoiler]
>>
My near death experience is surburban at best, plain at worst. My apendix exploded in sophomore of high school. I was in serious pain for a couple of days, without going to tge doctor because we were pretty down on our luck at that point, so we had a habit of pushing these things. Pretty boring though, but a really pretty nurse touched and felt my balls when they were diagnosing me in the emergency room.
>>
>>17643816
Not really, we could live much more fulfilling lives if we had our death more present.

>I better act now, I coud die right this very moment.
>>
I was riding my motorcycle on my way to work at like 40 kmph when some asshole taxi driver starts to enter my line right fucking next to me, pushing me into the other line with cars going faster. I start honking and reving up to get the douchebag attention and he just stares emptily in my direction, I was looking that stupid ass motherfucker right in his stupid motherfucking eyes and he just keeps pushing me into the other line.
I still remember the blank empty stare in this asshole face, looking at me like I wasn't even there.
Sorry for typos, remembering this makes me rage.
>>
File: Just nuke my shit up.png (398KB, 500x467px) Image search: [Google]
Just nuke my shit up.png
398KB, 500x467px
>>17633044
>That fucking collapsed arm
Jesus
>>
>>17648029
existential crisis fag here, battling with that shit right now
>>
>>17648140
You should get a motorcycle, it help me with my depression, knowing that I could die any moment put things in perspective, also the thrill of speed and the joy of not having to use the motherfuckin subway
>>
>>17648140
Also, don't take a nihilistic aproach to your death. Just because nothing matters doesn't mean you shouldn't care about them or enjoy them.

Carlos Castañeda books can get you in the righ mind set.
>>
>>17648127
The fucking file name
>>
>>17640014
Wont mention the name, aka you watched a documentary about near death and claimed it as your own.
>>
>>17645660
If you were that severely anemic you wouldn't be taking iron supplements as it could make it worse. You would have been on other meds. Sounds like the doctor suggested iron supplements but you taking them when you shouldn't have in the first place almost killed you.
>>
File: 678543.jpg (16KB, 180x281px) Image search: [Google]
678543.jpg
16KB, 180x281px
>>17633044
I overdosed on heroin and my heart stopped. I was legally dead. I saw myself in 3rd person and I was very ok with fading into oblivion. I'm glad it happened, it changed my life positively
>>
>>17649124
Elaborate on that when you saw yourself as third person.
>>
>>17649124
I saw exactly where I was laying. Dont know if I can elaborate any more than that. Everything made sense.
>>
One evening I was riding home from grocery shopping with my mother. My mother was driving and I was in the passenger seat. All the sudden for some unknown reason I couldn't breathe. I kept trying to breath in but no air was going into my lungs. Surprisingly I was very calm about what was happening. I remember thinking to myself. I thought well I can't breathe in but maybe if I breathe out it will trigger something so I'm able to breathe in. So I try breathing out but no air would leave my lungs either. I was like well shit now what do I do? So I tapped my mother on the shoulder and put my hands up to my throat giving the chocking sign. She thought I was joking. Then all of the sudden I was able to breathe again.
>>
File: 1431643169427.jpg (168KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1431643169427.jpg
168KB, 1920x1200px
>be 18 drinking cuz fuck yeah no more highschool also canada
>A few months into summer almost my bday going down a bad path in life with bad people
>I would drink till I blacked out and would be 'functional'
>So I deliberatly seeked out this state of brain death through heavy drinking
>It worked I remember nothing to be a being removed from morals and judgement but their was rules
>The rules always do every action and all the actions in between never assume
>I loved it, I loved brain death.
>closet ive gotten to this state again is shrooms but the mind stays active yet can not remember
>After a night of really good drinking this night I ended up at home.
>I remember her most of all
>20s naked full frontal
>the face was shadowed veiled covered
>she glowed faintly as if she was made of light
>was I moving to her or she to me
>everything else was a felt black
>I called her lady vodka
>I called her beautiful
>and as I got close to peek under her viel
>I coughed I choked
>Then the noise water, rushing
>Bright light more noise
>realization
>Bathtub spilling all over floor
>Turn water off.

I still don't know what saved me that night how I got home.
yet all this isn't important because I don't remember fuck about the entire week
or anything else from the year nor that birthday I wasn't ready for.
shitty life decision and I got a pass
>>
>>17636487
Poor, poor anon. Are you okay?
>>
>>17637606
Bro that's very odd, when I was like 5 I found a heavy bearing too and pit it in my mouth I was watching TV and it fell down my throat in my wind pipe good thing my lungs where at full capacity at the time and I pushed and it came out. Completely forgot about that
>>
File: death mountain.jpg (53KB, 510x383px) Image search: [Google]
death mountain.jpg
53KB, 510x383px
>be 7yo me, in an inflatbale indoor playground in germany
>go to pic related with dad, inflatable climb mountain 5/6 meters tall, "let's race to the top!"
>he wins and waits for me
>as I reach the top he jumps down on the bouncy top part
>catapulted right off the mountain
>land upside-down at the bottom on neck while dad slides down laughing
>everythinghurts.jpg
>realize I can't breathe, not even wheezing, just no airflow
>frantically signal to dad
>he's still laughing
>dad finally understands that I'm dying, doesn't know what to do, no one around us and he doesn't speak german anyway
>a solid minute by then, start seeing black and white dots
>he punches me in the stomach as hard he can

we never told anybody
that punch hurt like hell bc >army dad

but a few years later
>11yo me at "gym club" on lunch break
>fall off uneven bars, land on neck exactly the same way, but no bouncy floor this time
>notagain.jpg
>look up to gym teacher who hates my guts, 50ft away, his eyesight obscured by sports magazine
>11yo friends dead silent, frozen in place while I "gasp" silently like a fish
>okaythen.jpg
>punch myself in the stomach
As an adult, I'm now pretty sure that there's a better way to get my diaphram to function again but fuck, it works
>>
>>17637513
>>17637505
cool stories but that's not how greentext works
>>
>>17646696
Holy fuckin' shit eh? yeah it's crazy how that works.

>alright, my apprentice, watch this.

Another time, quite recently, with a different company, not quite a near death experience, but again, unsafe working conditions. I was working with an in town pruning/falling company. I was climbing, taking off the top weight before falling the rest so it wouldn't smash into the neighbors yard. The employer never gave us bucking chaps/falling pants. And the chain brake was fucked on the climbing saw. At any given moment I could have cut my leg off. But me, being the 22 y/o boy I am, I couldn't complain with $20 untaxed per hour. I didnt want to get myself replaced for an expensive complaint. So I went with it.

But as soon as I cut one branch wrong, which was ridiculous considering he wanted me to put in a poorly described face cut/back cut in, when the whole time I should have had proper rope rigging tied to the branch to lower it to the ground. He said what I did was unsafe. And hdd me replaced

Like, c'mon man, you didn't even tell me I needed to have hi-viz for work, I just used my brain and assumed, as well as proper forestry hard hats, me an him were the only two people that had them, the other guys had normal ones without face and ear protection. And of course none of us wore safety glasses. So yeah, rant over.

I'm going back wildfire fighting soon. I actually feel safer doing that.
>>
>>17633044
I don't really know if this thread is paranormal but here it goes. English is not my native language so please don't roast me if I make mistakes

>I was like 5 maybe less
>we were on a party at the house of some friends of my fathers, another couple with two kids, the boy was a friend of mine
>it was a house on a ranch or some shit like that
>I think it was new year's eve
>everybody having fun
>the kids running around
>mothers gossiping
>fathers drinking and munching and probably talking about chicks or sports
>now, this was like 22 years ago and in a poor area of an overall poor country, there used to be water tanks in the floor, they used it for the bathrooms and stuff, I don't know what it's their name in english but it was basically a hole in the ground with water in it and a heavy lid closing it
>anyways every kid there was fucking running up the place like crazy
>everybody must have steped over the lid like 5 times each, I don't know
>I remember having passed over it a couple of times myself
>one moment I'm running and the next minute I'm inside the fucking tank, sinking
>panic starts to hit and I start trying to swim but I couldn't because stupid
>being the autistic piece of shit that I am, I start trying to scream for help
>bad fucking idea
>lay there, slowly sinking, looking up at the light coming from the party
>suddenly the light is blocked, only fucking darkness
>I'm dead and I know it, at the time I didn't had a proper notion of dying and stuff but I knew I was done
>suddenly light again
>I see now that what I had assumed was the lid blocking the light, was in fact the father of my friend entering the tank to save me
>thank God, I don't think I did at the time but I am doing it now, thank you Lord
>black out

I woke up inside of the house with some new clothes some time later, I remember someone saying I was out for 2 hours but I don't really know. Everyone was treating me nicely and asking if I was alright, and that's it, lame I know it
>>
Jesus christ no wonder why this board is so terrible, it's populated entirely by heroin addicts and girls.
>>
I have one that I think fits the whole quantum suicide thing more. I took half a bottle of ambien while drinking Yeager straight from the bottle. The dose I took for my body size should have killed me 3 times over but I woke up that next morning feeling completely fine. Actually I'd felt better than I had in a long long time. But I still should have died. I remember before I passed out, I couldn't breath. The bottle of booze had fallen from my hand empty and my cat jumped into my lap. I tried to say goodbye to my cat and then I just couldn't take in the air. Then it was fuzzy like static playing in my ears and black. And then I woke up fine. That's the last time I should have died. There's about 3 more times but that's the most memorable because it should have done the job without any problem. Which makes me think I'm in the universe where the gun doesn't fire.
>>
>>17633044
>be me
>2012
>live in NYC
>Hurricane Sandy hits
>subways are shut down
>a month before I pre-ordered assassins creed 3
>nearest Gamestop is a mile away
>know my mom will flip if I say I'm going out during a hurricane to pick up a game
>shes goes off to do laundry
>take a poncho and umbrella and walk 18 blocks to the nearest Gamestop to pick up my copy
>not a single car or person
>get there and its closed
>wait at a bus stop
>20 minutes sitting there and it turns from category 1 to 5 winds
>remember there's no transportation today
>decide to walk back home
>finally get home and see my mom
>coming up from the laundromat and talking to our upstairs neighbor
>mom and neighbor wave high to me
>we have a tree, its about 15 feet tall, in our buildings courtyard
>stand and wave at them
>wind is howling and my ears are full of water
>dont even hear the tree crack and fall behind me
>tree was so close that it tore the back of my umbrella
>my mom and neighbor are screaming and asking if im alright
>mom forgets about me walking out during a hurricane

You think a game that almost got me killed would be good, turned out to be shit. Since then I've ordered all my games online. Mother nature is fucking scary.
>>
>>17641030
>Normal is 30

Fucking kek
>>
>>17635240
It's weird how many of us drowned as kids and didn't see anything. My mom thankfully realised I was drowning and gave me mouth to mouth and saved my ads.
>>
>>17633044
Several times. I have dodged so much bullshit, been so incredulously "lucky"... Earth, Wind, Fire, Water. I've almost drowned, have been poisoned, have nearly been hit or thrown from several high speed vehicles or craft, have been in the middle of a large raging fire, have gone comatose at least once, been within 4 feet of ball lightning on several occasions, nearly fell to my death through blind ignorance, nearly been murdered, have nearly been shot by a stray bullet, have nearly lost my leg to a Brown Recluse, have gotten lost several kilometers from home without a form of communication (during the middle of a mild winter in the middle of the night), watched as my neighbor's car exploded in the middle of the night...

I have never heard such a silence before in my life. No cars. Just rural roads,snow, and darkness.

I could have even never survived birth if I didn't have such an attentive mother from the get-go. Now here I am, despite everything, taller than everyone in my family and eclipsing them all in terms of health and wealth.

I could be dead. Should be dead.

I've even had the pleasure to "talk" with "the manifestation of my subconscious" during said comatose event. Facing myself was one of the greatest things I have ever done... piece by piece. It really doesn't matter what I post in this thread. No one else can really vouch for it, and ultimately I don't think it'll amount to anything else but another archived post.

>wew lads life is gr8 everyone dies
>>
Let's see, as a toddler I was almost hit by a drunk driver because my grandmother (whore) wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and I toddled into the street. My dad's psychotic dog (who is a story all in his own rights, but this isn't the thread of the world's most fucked up Great Dane) broke his chain and grabbed me by my diaper. He got me to the other side of the street but.... Well his backend didn't get out of the way in time.

I barely remember the dog (again, toddler) except that I used to crawl into its fenced yard and my mother had to call my dad home from work to get me out, because the dog hated everyone (except me?) but hated my father less than others. Despite that being my only real memory of the dog, I feel like his death began my hatred of my grandmother. Her telling people I "asked for it" after it was discovered I had been molested/raped from age five to eight didn't help.

Then I had several suicide attempts between age nine and eighteen. None worked very well, I have a sensitive stomach and kept visiting up the pills. And I failed at hanging myself, the beam I tied my wool scarf to broke and dumped me unhappily alive on the ground.

But at 13 or so I got pneumonia (I have had pneumonia a LOT, but that was the time I went to the hospital) and apparently the doctor discussed what to do if I went into a coma, whether my parents wanted me to have resuscitation if I stopped breathing. I don't remember that, I remember waking up once in the bed and being angry because someone brought a golden retriever to the pediatric ward but didn't bring it where I could pet it.

And at 22-ish, I was having asthma attacks and decided to go see the doc at Urgent Care. My blood oxygen was in the high 70s, which apparently is a bad thing. The kind of thing that gets the doctor threatening to call an ambulance, and walking you to your car to make sure you aren't driving yourself.

And as of now, I'm just weirdly suicidal. No reason for it. I guess I'm just sad.
>>
>>17651367

Well you deserved to be hit by that falling tree for being stupid enough to think a game shop would be open during a hurricane.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you? Do you have aspergers or some other kind of learning disability? Because its obvious you're not all there.
>>
>>17633044
I was in a diabetic coma and unconscious for about a week. 10 years old, apparently hours from death.

All I remember is waking up and wanting the catheter out. Watched Shaolin Showdown.

Gonna meditate and see if I may have repressed any memories of my time in the coma.
>>
>>17651944
You've already lived through so many other things, anon, might as well tough it out and die of old age.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>come home from school, half day Friday
>12 years old
>left keys at home but upstairs neighbor let me in the back stairway (live in two flat)
>grab my bike to kill time til parents come home
>beautiful warm sunny afternoon
>biking around neighborhood
>having a great time
>van parked in front of garage, blocking sidewalk
>van too tall to clearly see street for any oncoming cars
>cut across street
>get hit by car
>everything goes black
>wake up lying in the street surrounded by people
>wtfhappened.jpeg
>still image of car's front bumper rushes into my mind
>bleeding from my head, no helmet
>struggle to stand up
>"I'm ok, I'm ok" as everyone tells me to continue lying down
>fall down again and black out
>wake up in icu, mom next to me
>>
When I was 13 I wrapped a long thin ribbon around my neck as tightly as I could and knotted it off, hoping to suffocate myself. I managed cto claw it off as I began to black out and got cold feet on the whole suicide thing. That's it.
>>
I drowned and vomited while I was taking DMT in a bath and thinking I was changing into a crocodile. My cats hit the water and the noise saved me. I had a terrible asthma crisis after it.
>>
>>17633325
Did you want to allow your family to have an open casket funeral or something? (Tbh I do that, but masturbate.)
>>
>be me 6 years back
>on a fieldtrip otw to a forest
>be with usual squad (4 of us)
>river crossing
>waited for everyone to cross to look cool af
>current got stronger
>4 of us got pushed away from the crossing
>we all realize there's a waterfall
>sees the fallen tree close by
>all of us hang on to it
>everyone panics

Eventually we were all saved cannot forget that day
>>
>>17652204
Correction
We see the waterfall and THEN everyone panics
>>
>>17636920
Being in a coma isn't the same as dying. Your body still functions, some people dream in comas
>>
>>17633044
I was hospitalized for 4 months, kept vomiting up everything i eat and drink. Aster the first week of hospitalization they let me home claiming it was all in my head. I was home for 2 days when i fainted, i was out of it for 34 hours. My organs started failing and no one could figure out what the problem was. Most doctors just dismissed my case claiming it was because of stress (i'm a teen and they thought i was a little bitch who couldn't handle school work or some shit like that). Lost 18kg, skin became transparent, hair started falling out and my body had lost 90% of the necessary vitamins and stuff. I was getting 6 bottles of intravenous therapy (they wouldn't tell me what was in it) to keep my awake. After 3 months of surgeries, MRI's, CT's and everything else you could think of, my parents demanded that the hospital let me out so that we could go to a private hospital. The hospital wouldn't let me out because it would damage their reputation, parents were furious and went to court. After 2 weeks we finally got the release papers. Went to private hospital, no difference there, parents went apeshit and we went abroad in hope that someone could find out what the hell was wrong with me. Finally, it was determined that i had extreme radiation poisoning. The cells in my gastrointestinal tract were being destroyed. They treated me with some shit intravenously and with blood transfusion. Now i'm at home, still on the intravenous therapy (medical technician comes a few times a day to check on everything, doctor twice a day). Waiting to see what will happen. Cheers
>>
Closest I've been is being pointed at with a gun. The first time it happened I was robbed by two guys, and at the time I was going through severe depression and I wasn't even scared. Part of me wanted to be shot. A few years later though I was in the middle of a store robbery, and I was looking around so I didn't notice people were being moved to the backstore by the robbers and one of them poked me with the gun, I turned around and was like 'oh fuck'. Unlike the first time, I was absolutely frightened and prayed for my own safety.
>>
>>17633044
i got separated from my squad in Baghdad. Almost got rolled by some Sadrists. Managed to escape with a broken arm and took two of them out. If they would of managed to catch me they would have removed my head
>>
>>17652569
That's fucked man, were did you even get radiated?
>>
>>17652569
What shit doctors. And how the hell did you get radiation poisoning??
>>
>>17633222
Stop doing drugs faggit
>>
>>17637104
Holy shit dude
>>
Goddamn, all of you talking about over dosing on drugs and alcohol are fucking fags. Gotta skip all those ones because its literally just

Tldr

"I was all high n sheit but I Gus i most died, so that is y I still use today. Party 4 evr"

Kill self
>>
>>17651051
Opiates are cool man
>>
>>17652017

You might be right about that.

I can't die yet, I wanna have a kid and name it after my granddad. He was a ww2 hero (although he never actually told us so, we found out after he passed away and people kept coming up to us at the funeral to say what an honor it was to know him. Good going Granddad, you couldn't have told us all that whole you were ALIVE?!) and every time someone in the family got pregnant he would ask if they'd consider giving the baby his name.

No one did while he was alive. I gotta do that before I kick off. He's getting his damn namesake. According to his records he should've died a few times over his military career, he was supposed to die six times in the time I was alive (one car accident, twice attacked by pigs and three bouts of pneumonia) so maybe I get my death dodging skills from him. Or can give them to my human larva through the name.
>>
>>17653699
This is a good idea.
>>
>drink 5 NOS energy drinks a day
>have mysterious stomach pain for 11 days
>have high pain tolerance
>go to hospital
>think its gull stones
>1 hour from the hospital get a feeling like being stabbed
>Nope.jpg
>Back to hospital instantly emitted
>Have a hole in your stomach
>Doctors cant find it but see air
>Tube down your nose for 5 days
>No food the entire 5 days
>Miserable
>think you are dying
>cannot do anything
>be pissed off
>be hungry
>8 days total stay
>never find hole
>you can no longer eat peanuts or seeds

I have never been into my own head as much as when this happened
>>
>>17652588
No idea, no one can determine where it could have come from
>>
>>17653914
how is that near death? also was it from the energy drinks?
>>
>>17633044
Me and some Crip punked some Cholos Saturday and one had his hand on his gun half the time and half the time was talking about shredding his homies friend with my fighting ring. Im by western definitions a total psycho. Im a Berserker, a warrior filled with unstoppable rage; Odins favorite.

Once chased this fuck who said they were gonna shoot me in the head until he threw the gun. Cops didn't even show up. I just now realized its probably cause the first time I did prison time was for hitting a cop lmao. I literally lmao while they beat me while in hand cuffs.
>>
File: dog gif.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
dog gif.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>17633044
Id like to change your quote to the only thing to say to death is... BRING IT!!!
>>
>>17653914
Lol medicine is bullshit, you come in thinking you're sick, and instead of finding out if you're full of shit, they're just start fucking up your body to make some money. Your lucky they weren't smart enough to sell you cancer or diabetes.
>>
>>17652583
Would you have felt you deserved your death, selling war in another man's country?
>>
>>17654025
Bro, imma drop some realness on you. They took advantage of a virus, and saw a way to make money off of you. The medical community creates fake diseases to fight, and keep into remission.

Take your kid in for the flu, he comes out diabetic. Go in for a cough, you've got cancer. They're not healing anyone.

72 hours of fasting causes the human body to rebuild its own immune system. It stimulates stem cell production.

You are barfing 4 or 5 days straight, because you're not meant to have food. Your body just defeated a terrible virus, and now it needs to get rid of the dysfunctional immune cells.

But we go in, and instead of helping your body repair, they use medicines to poison you. They'll keep you half dead for as long as they can keep billing.
>>
>be 12
>hanging out with neighborhood kids
>plan to climb a tree I'd climbed many a time before
>jump up to grab branch and start swinging
>body is parallel to the ground at the moment the branch snaps
>ohshi-.jpg
>momentum of the swing meant the back of my skull took the full force of the fall
>I land on a root
>It was hard as a rock

All the neighborhood kids ran away and I lay there unconscious. They later told me they thought I'd died. I have no idea how long I was out.

When I came too, I walked home, however; my memory of this was as if I were floating about 4m above my body, facing 'myself' (as if I were floating backwards). I can appreciate this probably a false memory of the event, but it's interesting that it followed such a cliched ''out of body'' vision.

Ended up in hospital for 4 days, but don't remember any of that.
>>
>>17644860
He only got defensive when you started acting insulting, and saying skydiving isn't harmful is like saying nukes give you a good tan.
>>
>>17654867
>>17654928

Don't listen to these shits, sounds like anti-vaxxer paranoia at its finest. You should, however, try to find out how you got radiation poisoning in the first place. Look around your house or school. Hell, get a Geiger counter if you can.
>>
>>17633044

Botulism (didn't go to the hospital, just laud in the floor and willed myself to breathe/stay alive for a few hours through the worst or it. Was pretty site I was gonna die), been shot at by meth heads, threatened at gunpoint by drunks and thugs separately, stabbed by a crackhead trying to steal my blow stash while I was coming into my motel room that night (he went for my gut but I saw it coming and shifted so that he got the front side of my elbow), alcohol poisoning on my 22nd NYE, almost hit in driver side when I pulled into the middle of a highway (there as confusing construction where they stopped using one road and had built another parallel and I thought I was pulling into the unused one), etc. etc.
>>
>>17633044
>Be a "problem drinker"
>morning after another problem drinking friend came over for a "few drinks" that ended up turning into a manic frat boy style bender, he wakes me up at 630 in the morning, "I need to get home in a bit, my ex is dropping off my kid at noon.
>I'm still just a bit buzzed
>in drunk terms, that's "too damn sober"
>"I got you bro."
>5 blocks from his house
>to this day I'm not sure what happened
>drunk me is 90% sure it had just turned yellow
>"drunk me"
>clip the bumper of an abmbulance
>the bumper
>OF AN AMBULANCE
>somehow, by the grace of god "drunk me" was right
>ambulance driver is honest and wasn't sure if they turned on the siren before they hit the intersection
>"drunk me" is 100% they didn't
>sober me is still shellshocked
>no breathalyzer
>no ticket even
>cop tells me straight to my face "accidents happen, don't worry, no one got hurt"
>sends me and my friend on our way
>Friend is laughing his ass off. I'm having an existential crisis
>"Dude, shit happens."
>Drop him off at home.
>Make my way home.
>collapse on the couch
>My 4 year old is upstairs. Totally unaware even that I've been home since I left at 8 the previous evening. Hell, my wife too for that matter.
>In the next few moments have a total breakdown where I "realize" for all intents and purposes, I am dead
>scream my child's name at the top of my lungs
>then my wife's
>wife comes first
>still screaming
>she slaps the shit out of me
>hug the shit out of her
>cry
>tell her what happened
>stop drinking then and there

I don't try to convert others because I'm not at all religious, but honestly when I think back on that shit, I think that's the closest someone can get to the edge and still be able to save themselves. And I honestly think of it as the grace of god.
>>
>>17656071
Well, it's a good thing you had that wake-up call to get your life back together and that it wasn't something worse.
>>
>>17633044
The last one with the first you mentioned.
Had a nervous / psychotic/ breakdown,
took about 200 barbituates (phenobarbital) and I woke in ICU, heard an alarm go off and nurses , doctors, rushing, it was fucking vile, being like that.
Before that, I remember there was a darkness, not a light, or anything I've heard described, but a complete darkness, a very,very peaceful;kind, like velvet, such calm and peace. Then there was a presence in the darkness, I don't know what. Me?My parents in Heaven? Doctors? Unicorns? I dunno...wasn't good/bad just...there. And then I was back in my body, the lightness I'd felt was gone.
When I woke days later and they took the tube out (from being intubated) the nurse gave out to me, saying how they had to ''re-bag'' me, I don't exactly know what that means, assuming it's resussitate. I had a huge bruise on my sternum, tubes everywhere.
Relatives I only see at times someone is sick hovering like vultures, and thank Goddess, real people, too, and I felt awful for upsetting them.
Next time I felt a break coming on I admitted myself to a psych unit.
It helped, nurses were great, but the shrink I wound up with was a gimp, and told me she had ''counter transference'',feelings towards me. That was one thing, but she let whatever those feelings were cloud her judgement, so she wouldn't listen, or believe anything that didn't fot her idea of who I was, n that was creepy. It's a pity that the mental health ... services?.. are so shite, it seems so be a worldwide thing.
Heard they're good in South Africa, and Australia?
But here (Ireland), the UK, and america, have heard they're mostly kak.
Better health care would save lives, help and HEAL lives.
>>
>>17656083
Absolutely. Still it scares me thinking about what it can take to do that. For me, I honestly had a bit of an "out of body" experience, for a bit. I saw my wife coming down the stairs. I saw the panic in her face. But it didn't hit me until she did. Then I felt like a bag of sand being poured into a punching bag.
>>
>>17656127
>Better health care would save lives, help and HEAL lives.

Def this. We're improving, but too slowly.
>>
>>17633233
sorry but what do you mean active duty? like as a soldier or something?
>>
>>17640747
So do i, but I've never talked about it to anyone.
I also have strange memories that aren't even mine.
>>
>>17644699
anon who rec'd the book here, i'm so glad you're interested!!! it actually helped with my suicidal ideation somewhat because it demystified death and made it less of this... big scary serious thing, if that makes sense. i loved reading about the body farms a lot. hope you love it as much as i did!!!
>>
biliary duct blockage. could have died, but body kinda fixed it. still need surgery to fully fix it otherwise i will die, but it will be a slow death. may ruin some doctors' careers.
>>
when i was 5 my grandparents lived on a small farm in the middle of the woods at the top of a hill, with a long and winding driveway leading down to a decently busy road. it got slick enough to sled down in the winter, but one winter it was worse than usual. im talking almost completely iced over. it was too slick to sled safely so i was out with my grandpa walking back from feeding the chickens when i slipped and fell/rolled down about halfway down the driveway. i was bundled up so i didnt get more than a few bruises but it scared the piss out of 5yo me

also when i was in 3rd grade the bus i was riding home was hit by a semi at an intersection. the corner of the trailer hit the seat i was sitting in and pushed the wall of the bus in about two feet, also pushed the bus into a ditch. i was ok, just bothered about having to stay near the bus for 2hrs while we waited for the superintendent/police/etc to show up when my house was only about 10 minutes away.
>>
>>17633169
>>17645663
>>17646228
What the fuck? This EXACT thing happened to me as a child too.
>>
>>17635096

You deserve each other
>>
>>17657046
>children slipping into pool because parents gave no fucks
I'm sure it happens quite often.

Well, for me I once fell off concrete stairs to basement as young kid, does it count?
>>
>>17657090
Yeah you're right, I guess the only commonality is shitty parents lol.
Mine once let my child self climb up a set of stone pub steps before falling backwards down them and cracking my head open, so sure urs counts too.
Welcome to the preoccupied parents club!
>>
>>17657135
I was supposed to be taken care by the brother, but he went mow the grass. I standed on these stairs, grabbed ledge by them, changed over the stairs, mumbled something and let go of the ledge and lost consciousness.

Ended up with a stitch on the forehead and nose, apparently I didn't bleed much.
>>
File: EGD.jpg (129KB, 447x335px) Image search: [Google]
EGD.jpg
129KB, 447x335px
Im not really 100% sure this counts as dying or even being close to death, but it sure as hell felt like it at the time. I just want to contribute to this thread because I like it a lot
>Be 17
>Avid user of psychedelics
>One day my friend (who we'll call Nick) offered me some mushrooms.
>I gave him $30 for 3 grams, he warned me they were the strongest he ever tried, I didn't really believe him
>I was pretty experienced with psychedelics so I figured I'd be fine
>Come the following Saturday, I decided to eat the full three grams
>The come up was glorious, beautiful. The weather was kind of cloudy, but I felt amazing. Like walking through a dream
>Got home about an hour after injection, started seeing people in my blankets as patterns, it was fucking beautiful. I was drinking tea and laughing my ass off the whole time
>Messaging my friend online, about two hours in at this point, having a great time. But suddenly start to lose fine motor skills, cant type on a keyboard which is pretty unusual for me.
>Suddenly I realized I hadn't been breathing. I start completely forgetting to breathe and keep coming close to blacking out
>I start thinking that I've vomited but it got stuck in my throat so I can no longer breathe
>Start feeling light headed, lose control of my arms and my legs, slump down in my bed
>Close my eyes, feel myself circling the drain, literally. Try desperately not to die, but I can feel the life draining from me.
>With each passing minute my breath becomes more and more shallow, and I keep forgetting to breathe. I become more light headed, stop being able to move
>Basically enter a catatonic state, in and out of consciousness. I completely forget who I am, where I am, I lose the ability to distinguish dreams from reality
>Cant really think, cant really open my eyes, the only thought going through my head is "Well, I guess this is it. Gone like so many stoners before me, slumped in their bed choking on vomit"
>cont
>>
File: RO2.jpg (404KB, 1450x800px) Image search: [Google]
RO2.jpg
404KB, 1450x800px
>>17657662
>Black out at this point, memory is gone
>Wake up about three hours later, feeling relatively sober
>Didnt throw up, didnt die, just felt incredibly shitty
>Get up, get a glass of water, sleep till 1pm the next day

Probably the most terrifying experience I ever had on any psychedelic. Been a few years now dont do them nearly as often as I used to
>>
>>17636946
How old are you?
>>
File: The Disappearance of Ray Gricar.jpg (114KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
The Disappearance of Ray Gricar.jpg
114KB, 1100x619px
>>17639417
>poisoned SO many times. Not even gonna count those.
>poisoned
>SO many times

What the fuck who gets poisoned like even once?? Are you like a wealthy politician
>>
brain tumor scarring gave way to a small but highly lethal brain hemorrhage, following a pretty heavy hit to the head i was leaking brain fluid, most painful thing ever describable, migraines are like banana peppers compared to this red bonnet. i felt like i just drank 2 bottles of hard stuff but without the euphoria or disassociation of being that drunk, for days.

nobody in my house for almost 3 weeks, couldn't even find a phone because my brother had a hissy fit and threw two of them and the last one's battery died, no cell phone at the time.

came down with meningitis and pneumonia, literally coughing up black mucus, and every time i cough it feels like a hammer to the scull, heavy eye floaters, impossibly high fever.

i was asleep most of the time for who knows how long, with unrelenting spins, unable to seek help or end myself, and i would just have deep dreams or disembodied hallucinations, mundane, fly on the wall shit, or more nightmareish, puzzling things, the worst part was i don't think i was capable of assessing just how gravely ill i was, i was like a zombie, i think a friend stopped by once and i said i think i have a flu, talking hurt my head, thinking hurt my head, day dreaming was alright.

i was also paranoid, and i don't know where it stemmed from, but i would guess the meme or number my friend was thinking of to the point he got creeped out, finishing people's sentences and just generally "reading" them idk how to explain it, i had lost a lot of bearing of myself as an individual, willing though not wanting to wade in piles of my own death rattle fluids that came prematurely.

i mean, i hallucinated aliens, ultra-violence in cold blood, the works, and the language center of my brain was misfiring or damaged or rewired because i didn't speak the same way I did, i could articulate alright, but the words, "pass the remote" would be "the tv button..shit..thing.. give...", easily frustrated,confused, but not hostile
>>
>>17656242
I have a single memory of me looking down at my family from a birds eyes view with me on the ground, I also have memories from before I was born about my family.
>>
>>17657831
2/2 or wtvr
I also felt like i was in a deep void, like waking up the next day was weeks away, some real psychedelic shit, like seeing through the eyes of a pistol shrimp. disorienting to attempt to explain.

anyway, it probably left lasting damage, i had the attention span of a gnat or savant, weed probably kept me alive and the inflammation down, but probably didn't do justice to the lung infection.

I lost a lot of weight it took years to put back, struggled with depression, or rather destitution, well, it just tried to hold me underwater but didn't have the leverage. took a long time to shake off the schizoid mindset, ate plenty of omega 3s, pretty much took the ingredients in alphabrain, i think before it was a thing.

I still get the nightmares, but they aren't nearly as bad as they were, fucking my shit up for days at a time, now it's just pretty much water under the bridge until the rooster cows. and i don't think i could guess things with that level of pinpoint accuracy, maybe i do but don't feed the inner trolls, so i default it to confirmation bias.

this is how people become homeless without being a degenerate addict i think.
>>
>>17657860
also, first time doing DMT, everyone else was like whoa fuck tripping hard and i was just chilling like
>Hello Darkness My Old Friend
>>
>>17644699
Would you mind linking that pdf, anon?
>>
>>17644377
Please tell me he got a shitload of money for this.
>>
>thread is kill

RIP in pieces ;_;
>>
Legally, I've died twice, from suicide attempts. Nothing interesting happened, really. It was dark and kinda warm, like I was in the sun in the middle of summer, but then I woke up in a hospital bed.
>>
>>17656127
where did you admit yourself to? I'm in Dublin and spent two months in JoGs. Honestly my time there was great, I mean apart from a nurse or two the staff was excellent, and if I didn't like my psychiatrist I could have requested a change.
>>
>>17657669
I mean since it was shrooms it wasn't likely to be death, but I still think that's a really interesting experience. As someone who has never tried psychedelics I find it so interesting that in your trip time could feel so slow that it seems you aren't breathing. And that you interpret ego loss as death itself. It's scary and fascinating that there's an irony in losing ego while simultaneously losing control of fear.
>>
>>17633044
I was benching without a spot, i fucked up and the barbell was crushing my neck for a good 45 seconds, i had my neck tense but it gave out after 20 seconds, so i started to blackout and could see shit getting cold and dark, and then someone lifted the barbell off me, it was pretty spoopy
>>
File: 1452484061508.jpg (284KB, 875x622px) Image search: [Google]
1452484061508.jpg
284KB, 875x622px
>>17659584
Well yeah, as far as psychedelics go mushroom is a pretty much 0% chance of fatality. The only thing I was thinking was perhaps I got a bad batch, as in had mold on it. That's not particularly uncommon when it comes to mushrooms, and it can lead to vomiting. So I figured I got a bad batch, vomited, got stuck in my throat, and so I subsequently died. I was particularly paranoid because my uncle died a similar way, choking on his own vomit while drinking too much.

And yeah, I thought it was interesting that ego death just sort of felt like death to me. I guess it's how you interpret the trip, cause sometimes ego death can be an amazingly beautiful thing, other times it can be fucking hellish. I've "died" three times now, two of them were awful, one was amazing. So I dunno, but it was definitely scary
>>
>>17660445
well I mean I think it's interesting because you had ego death, and yet there was still a personality to interpret something. How can a trip be interpreted if there's nobody there to interpret?
>>
File: MED.jpg (287KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
MED.jpg
287KB, 894x894px
>>17660528
Well I could still have thoughts, it was just that my concept of reality was completely gone. Essentially my memories of dreams, thoughts, and my whole imagination became fused with my actual memories of real life, and I lost complete ability to distinguish fact from fiction. I no longer had any idea what was going on, or what essential rules govern reality.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.