[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Less known religions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: tengri.jpg (27KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
tengri.jpg
27KB, 306x306px
Im looking for less known religions because im fucking bored with atheism. Pic related is tengrism.
>>
Became a Swedenborgian.
>>
>>17620386
So you're bored of atheism and you want a hipster religion to impress your friends because ofcourse the mainstream religions are far too mainstream for you and not edgy enough.
Sound like a faggot to me, op.
>>
I suppose you could make up your own religion. It worked well for JC
>>
>>17620400
No i don't want mainstream religions because christianity is for edgy /pol/acks who thinks they are the knights of jesus christ.
Islam is the hipster cancer religion.I am not a jew. Buddhism is again for unsecure faggots.
So whats your point here? Because i don't want to convert to some shitty sandnigger religion that came out from the cesspool that is the middle east im edgy now?
>>
>>17620408
Cause you dont go looking for a religion. Religion is for absolute retards. You can believe in God, why the fuck not. But why would you trust something another person wrote down for you to believe in? It never made any sense to me. Anyone can write a super mysterious edgy story and claim it to be true. But without evidence, that shit is all fake though.
I always wonder why we ridicule people who believe in bigfoot yet religious people are considered totally sane even though theres less evidence for any retarded religion than there is for the existence of bigfoot.
>>
>>17620428
*stealthly tips fedora*
>>
Found it: OP needs Astrocism.
>>
>>17620386
Prais Tengri desu
>>
>>17620428
*unsheathes tactical zombie hunter machete*
>>
>>17620458
>>17620506
Sure convinced me with those hot counter arguments. I'm not even an atheist but this is rather pathetic.
>>
>>17620458
This type of comments only prove that he has kind of a point. If you visit Europe barely anyone is religious anymore. Maybe you Americans need to grow up and get with the times.
>>
Just to be clear im op and these
>>17620458
>>17620506
Americunts are not me.
>>
>>17620386
Read about the gnostics.
>>
>>17620562
If an AI read all of the internet would it see a pattern? If yes then this thread is part of a Bible.
>>
>>17620562
>teleports behind you
>unsheathes katana

Where's your skydaddy now?
>>
Thelema; Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
Aleister Crowley's religion
>>
File: caf.jpg (13KB, 252x311px) Image search: [Google]
caf.jpg
13KB, 252x311px
I was raised catholic, but eventually became an atheist.
I was a pretty hardcore fedora tipper.
But then i realized i didnt hate religion or spirituality, but rather organized religion.

I study the occult, chaos magic, Gnosticism, anything mystical and obscure, like the sufis or Kabbalah, satanism, and paganism.
>>
File: 1261418126112.jpg (763KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
1261418126112.jpg
763KB, 1280x850px
>>17620386

>Bored with not being convinced by religious claims
>Decides to willfully believe in one just because
>>
>>17620915
This guy gets it!
>>
>>17620386
Say fuck no to dogmatic bullshit!
Be an animist.
>>
File: Eris.jpg (100KB, 600x836px) Image search: [Google]
Eris.jpg
100KB, 600x836px
Discordianism.

You've probably seen lot of people posting stuff about it lately. I guess it's the new thing on /x/. I've been a Discordian for a while myself. I can tell you about it a bit if you're interested.

Contrary to what some people say on this board
Discordians aren't a secret society and everyone can join, though some groups of Discordians group together in cabals. Each can have their own traditions.. and one person cabals exist.

You don't need a cabal though.. and we aren't exactly "anti-religion," we just put aside the BS of the abrahamic religions and see the world for how it is.

Not all of us have the same beliefs, either. Many different beliefs are accepted.. you can be a Discordian alongside other religions too if you wish..

If you want to know more about it I
recommend reading the Principia Discordia, which is our "holy book.." it can be used for toilet paper in the most dire situations, and will teach you a lot about Discordians. If you Google "Principia Discordia PDF" it should be the first result

Not all of us worship Eris as a goddess. some see her as a personification of chaos, some are in it for the freedom (though you don't need to be a discordian to be free), and some (I know of one other person besides me that does this) see her other aspects. she is known as Eris, Morrighan, Freyja, and a number of other things .. meaning:

She is the goddess of life, death, war, and cycles.. Google the names I told you about if you want to see her other aspects.

Most Discordians (as far as I know) mainly know about her chaos aspect. but hey, chaos is the way the universe goes, you know?

If you have any questions just ask me.. I'll do my best to answer.
and if this thread is archived by the time anyone else reads this I can be reached via email: [email protected]

That is my main email. Ironic how the name was supposed to be temporary, isn't it?

Anyway, just remember to have a good laugh every now and then..
>>
>>17621779
(Cont.)

have fun, my friends. I hope I've helped you today.
>>
yao tao has fallen out of popular eye, animism especially hausa would give you an excuse to make fun of tulpafags and requires very little effort to get up to speed in, and mithraism would let you muh secret club shitpost very easily
>>
>>17620386

Become an actual christian.

Have a look at history: christians were persecuted in Rome, but strangely enough it was alleged "devil" worshippers the ones persecuted in witch hunts and so on, and in the modern age we have "insane" people.

I'm sure you have noticed now that jesus is the antichrist and you shouldn't trust the bible a single bit, and you should hate your enemies, as most people in the world are actually devils, why love them? why be humble? why serve them? are you retarded?

And who told you that sex is bad if not the guy that wants to ruin mankind, the devil? Didn't GOD place lust for anal sex and a prostate in your butt? And then place a desire for it in there? Well? Isn't it HIS will then?

And notice how the faggots that pretend to be devil worshippers in here will take good care to defend that piece of shit jesus. Don't they claim to be wizards and pagans and shit? What fellowship would they have with jesus? And in a place with cp occasionally of all websites.
>>
Sufism
Early (aka, real) Christianity.
Catharism
Celtic Paganism (lots of different practices depending on the type. Druidism is in there as well.)
Manechism
>>
File: image.jpg (146KB, 497x729px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146KB, 497x729px
>>17620428
>>
>>17620386
Ever considered paganism?
>>
Scientology
>>
>>17624767
Oh! I forgot one OP!

Semitic Paganism, the religion where Yaweh came from.
>>
>>17620386

Or you could try to form your own philosophy surrounding life and love and non violence? Most religions celebrate hate and killing.
>>
>>17624789
>most

You mean like...4?
>>
>>17624766

You again!? Everything you say comes off as twisted and evil. At best, you're a wild satanist, at worst you're literally a psychopath. Every time you post in a thread you talk about hate and/or killing your enemies. Which you seem to believe is everyone. You seem to attack the bible and the god written about within, but you use the same weapons, celebrating HATE and KILLING of humanity. That's evil. That's insane.

If I am wrong, and misunderstanding you, please correct me.
>>
>>17624791

I'm sure it's more than 4, if not most.
>>
>>17624798
Well, define "celebrating hate and killing." Because if you use that too broadly, you're just pointing out the human condition.

Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and Hinduism are the big 4 that literally condone violence for religious purposes as a rule. My religion sees violence as a fact of life. It is not celebrated. And that is largely how Pagan religions in general see it. Minus a few exceptions (Norse, and Semitic Paganism.) But that is not the whole religion either. Within most religions there are tiny sects, and in every religion there is a tiny sect who may condone violence. But that is never representative of the whole.

Unless you are looking at Islam, modern Christianity or Judaism. Even Hinduism's violent acts are mostly intrinsic to a few cults/sects.
>>
>>17624831

There is usual some reward for acts of violence, regardless of whether the god or the commanded individual commits them.

>>...pointing out the human condition.

You say that like it's supposed to be our default state. Like we have no power to reject violence and hate.

>>Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and Hinduism are the big 4 that literally condone violence for religious purposes as a rule. My religion sees violence as a fact of life. It is not celebrated. And that is largely how Pagan religions in general see it.

Which is why I reject religion as a whole at this point. Even within paganism, I don't know of a deity that all out rejects violence and hate.
>>
>>17620386
You're converting to a new faith because you're bored? That's not how belief works you manchild
>>
>>17620408
>Christianity is for edgelords because all Christians are members on 4chan and not a religion encompassing Europe, America, and Subsaharan Africa
The only edgelords here is you
>>
>>17620386
you seem like a tryhard faggot
>>
>>17624844
>There is usual some reward for acts of violence, regardless of whether the god or the commanded individual commits them.

Yeah, in like 4 religions who condone it as a rule.

>You say that like it's supposed to be our default state. Like we have no power to reject violence and hate.

Well we do. But you seem to forget that people do CHOOSE to be violent. Some people are just violent people with zero interest in pacifism . And that is with or without religion.
>Which is why I reject religion as a whole at this point. Even within paganism, I don't know of a deity that all out rejects violence and hate.

>Who is Buddha, Danu, Dionysus, Jesus

They rejected it. But in instances fell victim to it, or had to participate in order to NOT fall victim to it.
>>
>>17624917

Jesus said anyone who doesn't hate their family couldn't be his disciple. http://biblehub.com/luke/14-26.htm

I didn't know about Danu or Dionysus, thanks.

I thought Buddha was just a regular dude with some good beliefs?
>>
>>17624968
desire causes suffering,

so don't desire anything! Ever!

>good beliefs.

I guess if you think existential suicide is 'good'.
>>
>>17624968
Jesus was a pretty ok dude. Anything "bad" he said, you can usually trace to Paul and later biblical "editors".

Danu is a very caring "mother" goddess who adopted an entire race of people who washed up on her island (Ireland, most likely.)

Dionysus was all about partying and entertainment. He was a lot like Jesus in that he was once human, and was killed because he was too chill.

Buddha is a title, and many people were "Buddhas", and "The Buddha" is once again, like Jesus and Dionysus, in that he was a human with some cool ideas, and he passed on and is revered as godlike. And in Buddhism it is sometimes hinted that he reincarnated as the other people named Buddhas.
>>
>>17624981

Not sure I follow you, friend.

>>17624982

>>...you can usually trace to Paul and later biblical "editors"

That's unfortunate. I would like to know the truth. I've often thought that Jesus and God written about in the Bible couldn't be the same being. God is clearly a hateful, murderous thing, and Jesus (aside from a few odd messages like the one I linked) seemed to be about love and life.
>>
>>17624992
Yaweh is an ancient Semitic Pagan god, and he was related to Baal. In some sources he's Baal's brother. Most Semitic Pagan gods were not about love/life or any of that. And Yahweh was the worst one. He's a war and storm god. Like Baal.

Jesus, if you strip away the Christian connotations was like Buddha, or Dionysus in that he was just a man, who knew how to lead and teach.

And if you take on the spiritual connotations, he was Yaweh's "other half", it was a dualistic thing. One's about destruction, the other was a force for creation and love.
>>
Lifelong Taoist here.

Do you like Star Wars and the idea of the Force?

If so, you might like the Tao, which you can think of as the flow of the Universe. The two concepts aren't exactly the same (e.g. no fucking midi-chlorians) but they have a lot in common. If you fight the flow of the Universe, you experience hardship. But if you "use the Force" to select the path of least resistance, you can often flow around the obstacles in your life like water.

There are three treasures that can help you go with the flow. They are:
-Compassion (alternative translation: love)
-Moderation (alternative translation: frugality)
-Humility (alternative translation: daring not to be first in the world)

When you consider what to do, you can ask yourself: is this compassionate? Is this a moderate course of action? Is this humble? Is this the path of least resistance? I've found that using the three treasures enables me to make decisions that impact my life in positive ways.

Another tool you can use to make decisions is the I Ching, the oldest classical Chinese text. Depending on how you see it, this book is either an actual divination tool or a device that acts similarly to a Rorschach test, allowing you to gain further insight into your situation. You can access the I Ching for free online through many websites, like this one: http://flytrapinteractive.com/~complimentary/iching

If this appeals to you so far, you can read the brief central text of Taoism in one sitting: http://www.taoism.net/ttc/complete.htm

Finally, if you want to remain an atheist, you can. You can refrain from holding any supernatural beliefs and choose to follow Taoism because it's a healthy, peaceful way to live. At the other end, you can worship the Jade Emperor as God and dive into Taoist alchemy and magic. Anything in between is OK, too. I'm an atheist because I feel that a simple interpretation of Taoism describes the Universe perfectly with no need for God.

May the Force be with you, OP.
>>
>>17620897
Thelema goes beyond Crowley
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law,love under will.

People always leave out the end
>>
>>17624766

Literally none of what you just described (except perhaps not giving a fuck about anal) is Christian in any way, you slavering edgelord. I'm a complete apostate and even I know that.

The outright, shit-eating insanity of the ignorance some people display on this board is mind-boggling.
>>
>>17625022

I've never heard direct info about Taoism from an actual Taoist. That's really cool. Is there anything else you'd want to tell us about it?
>>
>>17625043
Because people are selfish retards.
>>
>>17625043
>>17625115

I'd be really interested in a plain-language breakdown of what Thelema is actually about. Descriptions of it online, in my experience, tend to be really vague.
>>
>>17620408
>No i don't want mainstream religions because christianity is for edgy /pol/acks who thinks they are the knights of jesus christ
this is one of the best and funniest posts i've seen in awhile. i expect this from some cultural marxist shit on /b/ who is only doing it to reject their parents' old ways. i didn't expect this from you, /x/
>>
>>17625092
I think the important disclaimer here is that any direct information about Taoism can only ever be one person's interpretation.

According to the Tao Te Ching, which is the brief central text of Taoism I mentioned earlier:

"The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named is not the eternal name"

The flow of the Universe can only be known through one's experiences. So, to folks like the OP, I would recommend reading the Tao Te Ching and any other Taoist texts of personal interest, then keeping that perspective in mind in everyday life. If Taoist thought seems to align well with one's own experiences, it's worth looking into further.

With all religions, but older ones like Taoism in particular, both language and culture can become barriers to greater understanding. For example, even referring to myself as a "Taoist" is just a way to adapt old Chinese language and thought to modern Western language and thought. Traditionally, there was no term for a lay person who followed the teachings of Taoism. The idea of using "Taoist" like one would use "Christian" or "Muslim" is a modern one.

I bet many people who spend years practicing T'ai Chi or Kung Fu develop an advanced understanding of the Tao, even if they don't think of themselves as Taoists. They learn through everyday experience.
>>
>>17624893
My point still stands.Christianity today is fucked up.
>>
Become a Scientologist
>>
>>17620386
why don't you believe in love?
https://youtu.be/31shlv5Z71A
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.