[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kings Park Psychiatric Center

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_4553.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4553.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
/x/ I was wondering if any of you have heard of/ have been to this place.
Its an abandoned psychiatric center on Long Island. Lots of urban legends and folklore surrounding it. Legends of an underground tunnel linking all the buildings for example. weird stuff, also a lot of paranormal stuff supposedly. Its also a big urban exploration site, I can post pictures that Ive taken similar to this one if you guys want.
>>
>>17618501
I've been there before nothing special
>>
I live about 30 mins from it. ive been there 10 times. 9 at night, once during the day time. I've only had one weird experience there.
>Walked up 13 floors of one of the more traveled buildings.
>ive walked this building plenty of times before
>we always look in all the rooms, its not hard to do, its very open like in ops pic.
>were coming back down the hall when we hear chains shaking, like someone is holding heavy chains and rattling them.
>the door is halfway open and its completely black inside. we had just looked at that room minutes earlier with flashlights.
>walk away from the room because were not sure who is in there, especially since we were just in it minutes ago, and remained on the same floor down the hall
>as we walk away, the door slams shut. we ran down stairs.

but ive been there other times and its hard to get around. its hard to park, you have to park at a bar down the road, not on the actual grounds.
cops patrol it and you can get in some shit for being there. once we went up a bunch of floors, went on a ledge, saw a cop cruising the grounds and we ducked down behind the 3foot high brick wall that stopped you from falling off the ledge. the cop ended up shining his high power lights up the walls of the building looking for people.

Ive been there before, and encountered other explorers who are always friendly. one time, we met a group of dudes who told us to not go to a specific area because there were not nice dudes scrap metal-ing. ill post some pics i have from there.
>>
>>17618636
>>
>>17618642
>>
>>17618648
my grandmother used to work there, and at pilgrim state as well
>>
>>17618656
>>
File: 4chan.jpg (110KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
4chan.jpg
110KB, 540x960px
>>17618648
fixed that picture for you
>>
UrbanEx threads are always appreciated. Good job OP.
>>
>>17618684
im very novice when it comes to editing photos, etc. what exactly did you do to fix it? i cant tell a difference.
>>
File: 4chan-logo.jpg (30KB, 600x240px) Image search: [Google]
4chan-logo.jpg
30KB, 600x240px
>>17618713
What is the 4chan logo?
>>
More?
>>
File: Group Shot Fail.jpg (3MB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Group Shot Fail.jpg
3MB, 2400x1600px
Been there bunches of times, always during the day. It's pretty fun, isn't it? Pic related, OC.
>>
>>17618501
Is this the place the documentary "Cropsey" is about?
>>
>>17618908
I dont think its the same place. cropsey seems to be a very interesting movie though. nice indirect reccomendation
>>
File: IMG_4541.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4541.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>17618815
took this on the top of one of the buildings
>>
File: IMG_4531.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4531.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>17618815
>>
File: 2002 - KPPC Steam Tunnels (Full).jpg (136KB, 1198x748px) Image search: [Google]
2002 - KPPC Steam Tunnels (Full).jpg
136KB, 1198x748px
found this image of a map of the underground tunnels connecting some of the buildings. You guys hear of this before?
>>
>>17619074
Yeah I really liked it. I'm from suburban MA and there are a few similar places around here and urban legends about patients who never left the grounds etc. Although a lot of the old institutions have been/are being demolished now. Kind of sad to see them go.
>>
File: 1277860706829.jpg (100KB, 1040x692px) Image search: [Google]
1277860706829.jpg
100KB, 1040x692px
>>
I went there about 6 years ago. My friends and I tried to get into a building but niggers with a BBgun kept shooting at us. We left when we kept seeing cops every 2 minutes. I also caught a baby rabbit. Some dopehead slut I was with sold it for 2 bags of heroin. I got pissed off and threw ice cream and hot sauce all over her room in a drunken rage.
>>
>>17619077
iv smoked bud up there a bunch
>>
>>17621408
tell us the stoary
>>
>>17618735
woah
>>
>>17618899
Nice hat, dude! Love that show
>>
>>17620665
>Alright people, we all knew this day would come. I'm going to need you to clear out your workspaces and place your chair in the pool
>>
>>17618636
That's pretty spook.

>its hard to park, you have to park at a bar down the road
Only at night though, right? In the day you can park in plenty of places.

Something about that bar is really cozy. Like because it's right in the middles of 2spookyville.
>>
>Legends of an underground tunnel linking all the buildings
That's not really a legend. I have friends who have been to them and I'm pretty sure you can find pics online. I wouldn't recommend going down there though because the insulation on the pipes is most assuredly asbestos that's been falling apart, so you're probably kicking up the particles as you're walking through the tunnel.
>>
I live a half hour away, whats the best way of getting in? Do police still patrol the place
>>
File: 3.jpg (4MB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
4MB, 2400x1600px
>>17626416
>Do police still patrol the place?

Yes, as well as park police.

>What's the best way of getting in?

It's not one building, but many. You're allowed to walk around the grounds freely, and as long as no one sees you enter or leave a building, you're fine. As for actual entrances, they open and close frequently. Just walk around until you see something. 140 (Isolation/crisis unit) and 135 are two small buildings that have had their doors wide open for a long time.

They seem to be making more of an effort to seal up entrances recently. In June we used the door in the pic to get into Building 15 (criminally insane), as of January.

>>17625080

Thanks! I love it too.
>>
File: KPPCMapb.png (3MB, 2100x2202px) Image search: [Google]
KPPCMapb.png
3MB, 2100x2202px
>>17626522
>>17626416
Here's a map, btw. It's useful to know the buildings by number.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.