[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would I know whether or not I have free will?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: light_explosion_by_mindstep.jpg (130KB, 1024x614px) Image search: [Google]
light_explosion_by_mindstep.jpg
130KB, 1024x614px
Why would I know whether or not I have free will?
>>
You posted this thread, didn't you?
>>
>Why
>>
>>17615184
You can't. And if you are the cunt who just posted the same question on sci then fuck off now.
>>
The fact that you are aware that all of your actions are controlled by electrical and chemical signals, means that you can choose what signals to listen to. Perhaps you can even choose what signals to listen to that make you choose what signals to listen to, ad infinitum. We are biological machines run by biological computers. With sufficient technological advancement, Artificial Intelligence will be no different than Natural Intelligence. Only then will the limits of consciousness be pushed.
>>
I wasn't going to post in this thread, because I chose not to, and I have free will.
But then I thought it would poignant if I told you that.
>>
>>17615184
I don't know, why would you?
>>
File: truth2.jpg (2MB, 6450x2401px) Image search: [Google]
truth2.jpg
2MB, 6450x2401px
>>17615222
>you can't
wasted numbers
>>
>>17615257

Oooh, double poignancy for you sir
>>
File: 1454953924299.jpg (77KB, 536x679px) Image search: [Google]
1454953924299.jpg
77KB, 536x679px
>>
>>17615184

The question is, what would it change?

Universe goes on, free will or no.
>>
File: 1449238452421.jpg (126KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
1449238452421.jpg
126KB, 480x608px
>>
>>17615275
>Universe goes on, free will or no.
Unless free will dictates the end of the universe
Unless determinism ends the universe

think twice before you think
>>
>>17615184

Hard to say.

How do we know the OP was not inspired by some power or entity outside of himself to start this thread from the getgo?

Would this not imply that he created this post against a potential willfulness to not create a post when, instead, he could have continued fapping?

And do we fap of our own free will, or is it an innate instinctual drive and desire that wills us into a fapping frenzy?

Why, these are questions I ask myself all the time.
>>
>>17615281

So?

I'll be dead. Thinking won't be a problem
>>
>>17615184
The human brain changes over time, neurons die, and new neurons grow to replace them. Neural connections are cut and new ones form. Your brain is constantly moving and changing form. It's a myth that you can't grow new neurons / brain cells. Google it.
>>
>>17615202
No. I didn't even remember it until just now. It was purely a reaction to another shitpostthread on /sci/.
>>
>>17615222
Same exact question or same type of question? If it was the latter then no I'm not. I'm playing a meta shill game ten levels deep. You wouldn't understand because you're actually sane.
>>
"You can do as you will but you cannot will what you will."
>>
What exactly is a free choice? If you make a choice while being ignorant of the consequences... Then was your choice really free? What does the fact that you are blind to the full extent of the free will choice mean? And then there is the sense of identity you hold which qualifies the mental and emotional activity of your.. "choice".
>>
>>17615275
So if my knowledge of my own free will could determine whether or not the universe goes on, I might actually have a reason to know whether or not I have free will?
>>
>>17615184

Free will is an illusion created by having limited bits of information because you are a created being.

In probability, a Gaussian curve has an infinite number of points. When you generate numbers from that distribution, you create a point somewhere on that curve.

All created beings are merely a collection of discrete points that approximate the true curve. The Infinite Creator that created everything IS the curve itself and also transcends the curve.

Essentially free will is an illusion created by possessing limited bits of information, whereas Creator God possesses ALL information, therefore knows every possible outcome no matter what you choose. So His omniscience and your self-perceived free will are not mutually exclusive, logically speaking. It's a matter of perspective.

In fact, from the perspective of something going at the speed of light (the Singularity, where God lives...), all of space and time is contracted into a single point, so everything that ever has happened or ever will happen, all happens at once. Even though to you, it seems not to have happened yet.

Because your subluminal and finite.
>>
>>17615184
the endless simulation there is no right or wrong...
>>
>all I do is browse x and sci all day
>forget which one im on most of the time these days

fuk u guis
>>
>>17617712

How do you know where God lives? This guy is holding out on us.
>>
>>17615184
If the mods delete your post, free will is an illusion.
>>
>>17617741
>How do you know where God lives? This guy is holding out on us.

I can't say.

I will later, but I'm too sleepy now. Come back tomorrow.

And tell the mods to stop deleting my post on the location of the Templar Treasure. It's time people knew.

I wouldn't wanna be a holdout.
>>
You only have stopping power, you either flow or you don't.
>>
>>17617831
Mods don't decide what they can and can't delete.
The masons do.
>>
I don't believe free will really exists

It is known that I child that has never met one of its parents can often exhibit similar character traits

Things such as mental illness depression, negative thoughts etc are often hereditary

Anxiety also

Can you really say you have total free will when these things are proven
>>
File: fire.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
fire.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
>>
>>17617801
How can deleted posts be real if mods aren't real?
>>
File: 1459221805548.png (826KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1459221805548.png
826KB, 800x800px
>>17618444
Nice trips, have an Echs.
>>
>>17618444
trips confirm
>>
Heisenberg uncertainty principle
>>
Stab yourself in the hand and you will know if you have free will or not.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.