[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The shadows are after me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: shadow.jpg (6KB, 385x339px) Image search: [Google]
shadow.jpg
6KB, 385x339px
Before I start, I live in western Washington in condos next to a giant expanse of undeveloped parkland that literally nobody knows anything about. The county has no idea where they got it, but that's just clerical oversight.

About a week ago, around 10pm, I went out back to have a smoke. As I was finishing up, I saw something in the dark off to the right. It looked kind of like a person, but not quite. sure, it was bipedal, but the shoulders and head weren't quite right. Since it was faint and vanished when I looked directly at it, I dismissed it as a trick of the light or something. I'm growing my hair out and it has been getting in my eyes and peripheral vision a lot, so that wouldn't have been unusual.

What WAS unusual is that when I went back inside and turned around to close the sliding glass door, i saw it again. This time it was a few feet closer, just outside the reach of my porch light. I noticed it just as I was closing the blinds and shutting off the light, and as I did so it flickered and then it was even closer.

Still thinking I was just seeing shit, i tried not to think much about it. However, i was pretty sure it wasn't just my eyes playing tricks. I kept myself facing the door, and as the blinds were swinging I could see that it was still out there.

Satisfied that this thing was outside and not inside, I walked away and shut off the dining room light too, still making sure to watch the door. It was a huge mistake, because then it was suddenly in the fucking room with me. I went as fast as I could down the hallway into my room, and as I turned around to look at it again it was standing on the outskirts of the light projected through the entryway of the kitchen. Then it flickered again and fucking teleported to the other side of the light and started drifting towards me. i closed my door and slept with the light on. Next morning, everything was fine.
>>
>>17564746

However, I've been seeing them since. I even killed one, I think,by pointing a flashlight at it. It kind of ripped itself apart, at least from what I could tell. They aren't solid or anything, they are sort of hard to see. There's more than one, though, of different sizes. I'm not sure how many. I can't go out at night because they're out there too.

From what I can tell, they can't do the 'teleport' thing over more than three feet, and they can't get through windows. They're too big, it seems like they need a piece of glass that is at least as tall as they are. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be impeded by my blinds. Either that, or they have found places to hide in my apartment. At least they don't seem to care about my cats, just me. It also seems like they can't exist in light above a certain level, but if it's dim enough they can. As light increases, they seem to fade. I don't have a way to measure lumens, so there's only so much information I can gather.

I'm not sure what to do here. They are clearly sinister. I've seen them watching me from shadowy places when I go out of my room at night. Not only that, but I am cold all the time. No fever or anything. Even in a hot bath I am still cold. How do I stop them?
>>
>>17564755
Ok I have a solution. Delete this thread, shut off your computer, break your Internet router, get an education, get a job and stop making your family ashamed by being a roleplaying degenerate who shitposts on /x/. You can do it anon I believe in you.
>>
>>17564746
Try confronting them, try to punch or kick one of the shadows just to see the reaction
>>
>>17564746
This is more than likely just a shitpost, but fuck it, I'll help you.

They're not after you. There are three things these beings could be based on your description.

1:Sometimes very powerful ethereal beings can absorb light to a certain degree, stopping it from being reflected and casting a shadow. However, they can't actually hurt you, and they know this. If they had some way to manifest, like how poltergeists can move objects and the like, then maybe they could, but shadows are still just shadows.

2:Slightly more dangerous, they could be impressions from another plane. This is only SLIGHTLY more dangerous, not because they can hurt you, but because it indicates some sort of weakness in the bonds that separate one plane and the next. Probably nothing, but if you wake up one morning wearing a different shirt, or with a box of frosted flakes on the counter instead of cheerios, thats why.

3:Worst case scenario, something has attached itself to your consciousness, and is trying to get your attention. In this case, it can hurt you, and the shadows will only get more aggressive and more powerful with time. This is an attempt to assert themselves as the dominant consciousness in your mind. If they succeed in taking over, then you will die, and they will assert control. Sorry. I don't know how to stop them if this IS the case, but trying to "kill" them is a waste of time, because they don't physically exist anywhere but in your mind. Maybe try to seek some spiritual help, if that makes you feel better. For whatever reason, these battles tend to be mostly mental.

Good luck, OP. Unless you're a liar, in which case, fuck you.
>>
>>17564746

say shoo shoo jiggaboo
>>
Lay off the drugs
>>
File: 9036.jpg (102KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
9036.jpg
102KB, 960x960px
26343 82 563 9136 14 563 433 615
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.