[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes a pragmatic spiritual leader?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

What makes a pragmatic spiritual leader?
>>
File: dali_lama.jpg (50KB, 360x404px) Image search: [Google]
dali_lama.jpg
50KB, 360x404px
Hello Dali.
>>
>>17563471
The ability to see through bullshit. Lots of people are really good as sussing it out but, to be a truly effective spiritual leader, you need to see through it.
>>
File: thumb-350-509718.jpg (46KB, 350x219px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-350-509718.jpg
46KB, 350x219px
>>17563511

but as a leader, wouldn't you already be teaching your followers already to see through the bullshit?

Not trying to put down your response, at all, but I believe there must be some things more challenging for such leaders.
>>
>>17563537
Not all effective spiritual leaders are actually preaching spirituality. Sometimes they make suicide cults. It's a perfectly valid form of leadership.

Also watch Kumare.
>>
>>17563511

I see through it and it's heartbreaking. Why do people do things that hurt others?
>>
>>17563471
be modest, kind, don't have a ego and love all life and yeah see through the bullshit.
Don't be materialistic.
>>
>>17563471
A pragmatic spiritualist is a contradiction.
>>
>>17563566
Bullshit is wider than empathy. Caring isn't enough.
>>
>>17563577
marcus aurellius. or diogenes.
>>
File: muhammad04.jpg (91KB, 529x794px) Image search: [Google]
muhammad04.jpg
91KB, 529x794px
>>17563471
The skillset of a warlord.
>>
>>17563589

What does one do if they can't do bullshit, become a hermit?
>>
>>17563574

Sorry, but that should already be obvious..
>>
>>17563471
Nowadays they have to like everything and be very open minded. Look at the new pope...

But it doesnt matter anymore in the old days they had more charisma and could visit you in your dreams more often. Once I met the "new" dalai lama but he just told me to be quiet when I wanted to ask my foolish questions. He put his finger on my front teeths even a total lack of respect, but in this dream I also were a buddhist monk so I should have submitted to him.
>>
Pragmatism, pragmatism makes a pragmatic spiritual leader.
>>
>>17563471
He needs to understand what people are looking for when they come to religion (as opposed to science or society).

A leader needs a group of people to lead. Those people are formed into a group by a sense of connection to each other. Since you're talking about a spiritual leader, this connection would have something to do with religion.

The usual thing is to tell them that membership in good standing makes them THE SAVED and everybody else is THE DAMNED. People are built to think in an us-versus-them mode, so once you set that up it's self-perpetuating against anything but overwhelming contrary evidence.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.