[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I avoid having nightmares, or preferably avoid having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: dreams.jpg (20KB, 645x350px) Image search: [Google]
dreams.jpg
20KB, 645x350px
How can I avoid having nightmares, or preferably avoid having dreams in general?
Having dreams is an unpleasant experience for me regardless of the dream and I just want to sleep.
What do /x/?
>>
>>17554458
smoke weed.
thats what i do when i want to close the door of the akasha and having sweet dreamless nights.
i understand some dreams may be unsettling.
but remember this is temporal you will eventually will have to go back to dream and face whatever you don't want to dream.
>>
>>17554464
That's not an option I can consider because of my work, unfortunately.
>>
>>17554458
Tell us what happens when you dream that makes it unpleasant OP?
Maybe we can offer advice based on that?
>>
>>17554474
well nigger you got to face your nightmares them
start meditation to solved quicker.
>>
>>17554476
It's just the concept of dreams in general. Being in some helpless state of sleep while in a state of consciousness that I cant really control just makes me uneasy and paranoid. I'm afraid of what I can see in my dreams or will see again. I'd rather just close my eyes at 12am and seemly open them up the next moment and its 6am.
>>
>>17554458
DREAM GENERAL >>17515303
>>
Look either for some loving-kindness and/or dream yoga instruction. Both really could improve your condition
>>
Stay up looking at a bright light late at night- facebook, video games, etc... for about an hour before you go to bed will make your brain stop having dreams for the most part.
>>
>>17554718
It's worth noting that blue light does this better than red light.

It's also worth noting that there is a program/app called f.lux that you can put on your computer/phone that gradually filters out blue light on your screen as it gets later in the evening, to help you get better sleep (and dream more).
>>
>>17554488
How old are you, 70? You should be getting 8-9 hrs sleep a night.
>>
>>17554488
This is the issue, not dreams. Imagine if you find yourself in a 'helpless state' in waking life, sick, in hospital, etc, how are you going to cope with that? You need to face this stuff before it gets out of hand, OP.
>>
just dont care about what your dreams show you, and you will eventually start to not remember them. I would not suggest it though, as dreams are very useful in terms of integrating and understanding one's own perspective.
>>
I got a similar problem OP. I have several long, vivid dreams every night which I get flashbacks to throughout the day as if they are real memories. I often wake up believing that they are real and have to remind myself who I am and where I am. I sometimes dont want to go to sleep at night because I know I'm going to spend time in there, almost conscious, believing this nonsense is real, then wake up remembering a lot of it in detail. It's an unpleasant and annoying process to go through so any tips on not dreaming or not remembering dreams would be appreciated.
>>
>>17554458
>Just want to sleep.
Truth: You get a more restful, deeper sleep, when you reach the REM stages of sleep which also are accompanied by dreams.
>>
>>17554474
>muh wurk excuse
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.