[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unsolvable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (82KB, 537x820px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 537x820px
Hey /x/

Recently I rewatched one of my favorite movies John Dies At the End a mindfuck type movie with lots of /x/ type stuff to enjoy however there is a riddle at the beginning that despite watching several times still confuses me
Link here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9rQC7XC79w4
Pic unrelated
>>
On one bitter winter day, you use ax to behead a man.
He had been a big, twitchy guy with veiny skin stretched over swollen biceps, a tattoo of a swastika on his tongue. Teeth filed into razor-sharp fangs, you know the type. And you’re chopping off his head because, even with eight bullet holes in him, you’re pretty sure he’s about to spring back to his feet and eat the look of terror right off your face. On the fol ow-through of the last swing, though, the handle of the ax snaps in a spray of splinters. You now have a broken ax. So, after a long night of looking for a place to dump the man and his head, you take a trip into town with your ax. You go to the hardware store, explaining away the dark reddish stains on the broken handle as barbecue sauce. You walk out with a brand new handle for your ax.
The repaired ax sits undisturbed in your garage until the next spring when, on one rainy morning, you find in your kitchen a creature that appears to be a foot-long slug with a bulging egg sac on its tail. Its jaws bite one of your forks in half with what seems like very little effort. You grab your trusty ax and chop the thing into several pieces. On the last blow, however, the ax strikes a metal leg of the overturned kitchen table and chips out a notch right in the middle of the blade.
Of course, a chipped head means yet another trip to the hardware store. They sell you a brand new head for your ax. As soon as you get home with your newly-headed ax, though, you meet the reanimated body of the guy you beheaded last year. He’s also got a new head, stitched on with what looks like plastic weed trimmer line, and it’s wearing that unique expression of “you’re the man who kil ed me last winter” resentment that one so rarely encounters in everyday life.
You brandish your ax. The guy takes a long look at the weapon with his squishy, rotting eyes and in a gargly voice he screams, “That’s the same ax that slayed me!”
Is he right?
>>
>>17548572
>>17548579
No, he's not right.

This is really just a stupid riddle made for the cheap thrills that JDATE fans like from the series. It's just edgy and funny and WHOA MAN MIND-FUCKED HAHA RANDOM XDDD

The riddle means fucking nothing. It was literally fucking created to intrigue people like you into thinking there's even remotely an answer.

Cheap writing, cheap bullshit, cheap audience growth.

I've read the book and watched the movie all for a friend. And it's completely stupid made up shit, made to not make any sense to appeal to the LOL XD faggots.

Take your shitty JDATE material and gtfo of /x/
>>
>>17548745
Calm yourself. It's just an edgy retelling of theseus ship paradox.

OP, that's what it is.
>>
>>17548758
Yep. This is the correct answer op.
>>
>>17548758
Don't mind anon, he just got butt raped by a million demons
>>
Read the book. The book is better. I don't know why all the random. So some shit in it doesn't make sense, but it does actually make you think and question some shit.

OP, the riddle would make more sense if you read the book. In the movie they leave out one part with Dave that might explain the riddle;

Think about what the broken ax represents. Instead of buying band new ones, Dave chooses to replace the parts instead. First the splintered body, up to the chipped head. Why bother with those extra steps?

Anyway, I kind of want a sequel for the movie. I mean there weren't even any mention of shadow people in the first. When my friend first saw the movie they thought it was aliens.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.