[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are ghost? Souls, formerly trapped in a body, now trapped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: MntDKyw.jpg (12KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
MntDKyw.jpg
12KB, 500x368px
What are ghost? Souls, formerly trapped in a body, now trapped on this plane? Remnants of energy? A glimpse into parallel/alternate/??? dimension? Something else?

Share your theories if you've got the time.
>>
>>17546097

ghost is a band from sweden
>>
I was actually thinking about this last night. I decided that there was, in line with my spiritual beliefs, no such thing as "ghosts", as in, spirits of deceased people interacting with our plane. If anything interacts with you here, it is not of earthly origin. Most like some type of demon or thoughtform manifesting itself as a human.
>>
>>17546108

your subjective beliefs are not in line with what literally everything else suggests,
>>
>>17546108
It could be argued that the spirit itself is not originally of earthly origin neither, altough i don't know much about the matter.
>>
>>17546124
Ellaborate, fiend
>>
>>17546124
I never said they were, which is why I said
>in line with my spiritual beliefs.
If you had asked me this years ago, or possibly in the future, I would have a different answer. What do you mean by
>what literally everything else suggests

There is nothing definitive about ghosts.
>>
>>17546125
This is an interesting concept. Depending on what you mean by spirit, it could be of earthy origin or not. if our spirit and earth come from the same origin, does that, by proxy, make it of earthy origin? That the earth is "above" us and we are an extension of it, the same as the earth is an extension of something else?
>>
>>17546097

I've always thought of ghosts more as emotional/mental echoes that were left behind by previously living individuals.

Say someone spent the majority of their life living in one place, they shared a lot of intense emotional moments there. They had several decades worth of Christmases, Easters, Birthdays, etc, and all that emotional energy built up in that one place, so that eventually the energy took up a life of its own. Sort of like a spectral tape-recorder, constantly replaying highlight reels from someone's life.

The ghost isn't the person itself, but an imprint that was left behind
>>
>>17546097
Idk
I figure ghosts are just astral bodies interacting with our plane
Some people (martians) can appear as ghosts (if you can see them) via astral projection and can walk through walls etc.
>>
>>17546097
May I suggest a book?
https://a.pomf.cat/yegfjc.pdf
Go to page 60.
>>
>>17546500
So could a person experience his own ghost?
>>
>>17546781

Potentially, yes. I've read stories of mentally disturbed/troubled people who were haunted by their own poltergeists

I can't think of any specific titles off the top of my head but I'm sure you can find them with a bit of google-fu
>>
>>17546097
Some ghosts seem to be actively trapped being while some seem to be echos of tragedy. I think it depends on the circumstamces. Aso for the alternate dimension manifesting itself, I've only heard a handful of stories.
>>
Powerful spirits of hell that manage to Break the dimensional barrier. Not for long. Not for good. The hatred they feel for mankind powers their will. If only they knew what it was to love again, will they then become guardian angels in heaven.
What I'm saying is, that the surface of the planet is hell itself in another dimension that is all around us. We are immune because our human minds cannot comprehend the reality of the spirit world, so we can't see it. Love is the ticket to heaven lol.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.