[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death and Aging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 21

File: 1456885517903.jpg (520KB, 1545x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1456885517903.jpg
520KB, 1545x1600px
How old are you?

How do you deal with getting older?

What is the point of life?

What happens when you die?
>>
>>17543889
Just turned 21 a few months ago. I don't deal with getting older, I drink and generally try and forget about my mortality. The point is different for everyone, for me it's to enjoy what time I have. Regardless of if I die tonight or in 60 years. I don't know about you anon but my afterlife will be in Valhalla after I die in glorious battle, drinking with my brothers and the goat that lactates mead
>>
>>17543963
>Die in battle
Yeah, okay. You mean in WoW or irl?
>>
>>17543889
Turned 22 a month ago.
Tell myself I've survived another trip around the sun.
To survive another trip around the sun.
You keep orbiting the sun but in a casket.
>>
>>17543971
The last part was shitposting, but I do live in straya so i will probably die doing battle with an emu or dropbear or some shit
>>
There's got to be a point, we just might not see it yet. The design of the body, other life, plants, the solar system. Everything around us definately took some sort of thought. It's crazy to stop and think about how it why you exist in the first place. Like, why me? Why do I exist? I personally believe there is more to life than dying. It's a mystery, we can only guess. I dare say religion around these parts, but whether you're religious or not I suggest reading the Bible for it has interesting information. I'm open mind so I try to get as much information available, and come to my own conclusion, and at this time in my life It leans more towards the possibility of there being an afterlife.

One thing I have noticed is that everything around us is automatic. Your body functions on its own, (I'm talking about your organs,immune system, your senses, etc), the planets rotation around the sun, the development of a human in a womb, plants growing, the list goes on. And when I think about how everything is automatic, it tells me that it's that way intentionally, meaning it was created by something or someone.
>>
File: Brain_Gadget.png (275KB, 478x353px) Image search: [Google]
Brain_Gadget.png
275KB, 478x353px
>I'm 36
>not worried about dying, death is a teacher. It's the body falling apart that is hard to deal with, it's irritating
>life is a chance to move from the not-real to the real. It's an illusion to test whether we can make it in the real world
>if you're american, you pay off your student loan
>>
>>17544005
It definitely is a interesting read however a lot of the concepts are rather arbitrary.

> don't do that cause God said
> do that cause God said
> God is letting Satan run rampant on earth cause he decided so
> God is going to kill lots of people at the end of days and finally imprison Satan because he thought it was a good idea

Additionally with everything being automatic (including our personalities and sexuality at birth) it's interesting how many religions condemn gays even though that part of them is just a different balance of chemicals in their brains
>>
Just accept that one day you will die and be gone forever.

The West has completely made death a taboo and for that reason many fear it (inb4 muh natural biological reaction, we are men.... not beasts and should be capable of introspection as well as masters of our savage, beastly nature).

When it comes down to it you must understand nothing is eternal, and everything around you, including the house around you, is temporary.

If you need religion, astral projection, etc.. to help cope with the fact that one day you will die and be gone from this earth then fine use that. Whatever helps you in dealing with your mortality and maximizing your potential, happiness or whatever you seek in this life is worthwhile.

Nothing else matters.
>>
>How old are you?

>How do you deal with getting older?
I never really notice aging and I'm still pretty young, so I'm fine with it

>What is the point of life?
I don't believe in an objective point. We create our own meanings. Live life according to your terms.

>What happens when you die?
Probably nothing. There's no way to test an afterlife, and all we have to go off of is people's accounts of being "dead" and what they experience, which could all just be hallucinations due to your brain dying. I think that reincarnation is the most likely afterlife, if there is one.
>>
>>17544028
Not arbitrary:
>don't do/do this
The don't do's hurt another person or else your relationship with of God. The do this's do the opposite.
>Satan runs rampant
Adam gave Satan his world by his faith in him
>god is going to kill
No, death comes by not having eternal life. Hell is where those "dead" people are placed

Being born homosexual isn't an excuse, it's a direct effect of Adam's sin. It's a card you're dealt because Adam rebelled.

Not trying to shit post or push religion, but there's better arbitrariness in the book besides the ones you mentioned.
>>
>>17543996
Nevar forget
>>
>>17544064
Never forget based anon

>>17544058
Still seems pretty arbitrary. Why do those things in particular piss him off? At one stage he said women couldn't go to church without covering their heads.

Why does one persons actions Fuck everything up for everyone forever?

And last time I checked God could just take all the Christians, firebomb the rest then imprison Satan. Instead he unleashes four horsemen of doom, turn water into blood and unleash years of torture. Seems pretty much like he's doing it for shits and gigs
>>
File: images (1).jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>17544078
He wants everyone to get along but he's not human and I personally don't see that he understands us very well. We are like God, but he's not like us.

>women, blah blah, hair
Yeah, it was a cultural thing. Seriously half of the book is a response to long-dead cultures.

>why does one person get to fuck it all up for us
Because it all went by natural order, or inheritance, etc. You biologically inherited weakness in this body, right? Sin nature is explained the same way.
>I don't believe that
Meh, that's what the claim is
>why doesn't he end it now
He's wanting others to repent. "If he wasn't so patient, you wouldn't be forgiven either, so STFU." Romans 2:4
>>
After death is the Judgement.. please seek our heavenly father
>>
File: Abe.jpg (130KB, 1645x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Abe.jpg
130KB, 1645x2500px
According to research done on human time perception, 19 years is actually the midpoint of your life. What this means is that even though you might live to be 75 or even beyond, the years between 19 and 75 will feel like another 19 years due to how you perceive time as you get older.
>>
File: sadblanket.jpg (74KB, 495x636px) Image search: [Google]
sadblanket.jpg
74KB, 495x636px
>>17543889
Will be 29 next month.

I just tell myself that everything is meaningless, because it is. All those fears inside your head, nothing matters when you're dead!

There is no point beyond what you want to make of it on a personal level.

Simply put, you stop existing. There's no afterlife, no "souls". Nothing. When you die, the very concept of "you" stops existing. We're just biological machines, and like regular machines, the second the electricity stops flowing, all that data essentially ceases to be. Until science finds a way to turn your brain's electrical impulses into recordable data that preserves your memories and personality, you'll be gone--and even if we had that technology, what happens when the power goes out? Nonexistence, baby.
>>
>>17543889

39... turning 40 next month

Deal with it by a combination of philosophy and trying to think of things to be thankful for mixed with periods of low-key despair when something else goes wrong with my body or I look in the mirror and can't pretend I don't 'look' like I'm used to looking

The more I live the more I don't think there is a point. I've burned through multiple interpretations of christianity, 'new age' stuff, kind of just abstract notions of nature's cycle... then something happens or you have a moment of insight and realise you're still missing something.

Death? I'm pretty much convinced that there's some sort of 'rebirth' potential but not really in the traditional reincarnation sense. I think being dead is peaceful one way or the other (no judgement, no heaven or hell)... but becoming dead - that's gonna be scary so I hope it happens quick.
>>
>>17544094
>Because it all went by natural order,
Then the fault lies with the creator of that natural order for creating the weakness in the order to begin with.
>>
File: stockholm syndrome.png (105KB, 489x418px) Image search: [Google]
stockholm syndrome.png
105KB, 489x418px
>>17544237
The easiest way to manipulate people is by fear. Fear is the mind-killer; people stop being able to think when they’re afraid. Make someone fearful, and you can easily control their behavior.
Take religion, for example. Quite a lot of fear-based religions believe that god, by whatever name they call that entity, is a giant enough asshole to have created a hell where people receive infinite punishment for finite misbehavior.
That whole “there’s a gun to your head, so make the right choice or else” thing is manipulation by fear.
Terrorism: “the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce”
Most standard religions believe god is a terrorist. They’re also so terrified of this great terrorist in the sky that they convince themselves that they actually like the gun they believe god is holding to their heads.
>>
File: 1315895551003.jpg (27KB, 498x332px) Image search: [Google]
1315895551003.jpg
27KB, 498x332px
>>17544250
Not all people experience that though. It isn't fact, it's like that dumb "You only use (x) % of your brain."

>>17544284
Perfection can't be anything but decaying. We're on a rollar coaster of bang and crunch, and our births and deaths are symbolic of this essential nature. As a person dies, in those brief moments, one achieves perfection, and then you become something new, like shaking a priceless etch a sketch drawing.

But perfection isn't valid if you don't work for it enough. It's given in the end, so you restart, to try and reach perfection before death next time. What can be a better infinite game than that?

>>17544286
Shiva isn't a terrorist, Most buddha's aren't terrorists, and some governments like the CCP are terrorists without religion.
>>
>>17544271

but how do you explain ghosts?
>>
>>17543889
I don't do nothing, because i don't care. Everyone gets old.

The point of life is to live and have fun. If you don't have anything of that, then you can kill yourself. Life isn't important afterall.

When you die, your spirit and energy stays in this world forever.
>>
>>17543889
By serving Yeshua Christ. The Living God.
>>
I've been kill twice that I can remember on this plane. After death there is nothing for a little while, then you are called back. Time doesn't flow in a linear fashion after death. One of my past lives was in the future compared to this one. There doesn't seem to be any real point to life, and if there is, maybe not discovering it is why I keep coming back. The hardest part is remembering the people you grew close to in life and realizing that you will never encounter their consciousness again once they have moved on.
>>
>63
>try to forget about it desu
>I'd thought it was to have a family but I never had the strength to make it happen... now I still just wondering
>no ideas...
>>
>>17543889
>47
>put on a brave face
>no point
>eternal darkness
>>
File: Guanyin_00.jpg (123KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Guanyin_00.jpg
123KB, 500x375px
did you forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr0NBPRMe2E
>>
>>17543889
wendigo?

Vid somewhat related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUagNA1jqa0
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXrgqDZT7Lo
>>
>>17543889
>22

It feels like yesterday I was 15, and when I think about it it terrifies me. Time flies so quickly.

The point of life is completely personal, imo. I think you should live, be kind, and leave the world a little less shitty than it was when you were born.

Probably nothing. Part of me hopes it's like sleeping.
>>
22 and I don't think there's a point or any meaning in life...which means we have to find our own. I also don't think I fear Death, I'm a positivist so I see it more as "We are already lucky to experience life and that's what matters". Also if anyone is kind of anxious about Death, I would recommend reading books from the Discworld, the author didn't shy out of directly tackling the matter of Death, it is literally a character, and he really did it in a clever way that's never really depressing. And they're also good read in general.
>>
>How old are you?

i could say badly. once you see those around you dying, you definitely deal with being mortal.

Go get some experiences, while you're young.

And then, focus on money.

Money allows you to be free and experience a lot of things.

New things will be new experiences, building new neuron connections inside your brain. Take travel, for example.

This is how you slow down time passing.

idk, maybe experience & learn as much as you can, and take it back to where ever?

well, either your soul gets incarnated again, or your whole conscience ends up as food to the big boss...who knows?
>>
>>17546186
*consciousness
>>
>>17546034
Man, I fucking love this song.
>>
>>17546186
let me clear up focusing on money.

I should rather have said that money can free you, but it also can chain you.

Just get enough, so that it can be the tool it is, like enabling you to take half a year off to tackle the appalachian trail or move to new zealand, or take up early retirement on your (small?) boat...
>>
I'm 31. I don't care that I'm dying because it's inevitable. My dealing with it is that I'll make sure to die before I get so old that it hurts to live and I can't do shit and just lay around farting in pain. I'm going to Valhalla fuck it
>>
>>17543889
I'm 55 and handicapped. People like me only had a 7-14% chance of survival at birth back then.

Since turning 40 I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and I get wounds and infections quite a bit.
I almost died of sepsis and pneumonia a couple of!times and my kidneys have stopped working temporarily a couple of times.

I don't fear death, but I'm not looking forward to it either. I don't recall ever seeing anything while I was unconscious for ten days, but after I woke up I couldn't sleep for four nights. Every time I closed!my eyes I would see swirling. Nebula, or sepia tone clouds and hear the sound of WWll planes dogfighting.
>>
>>17543889
>20
>I rather die than live than get old and sick
>I don't know yet.
>I don't know, but i hope there is something after we die.
>>
>>17548243
i fucked it up.
>I'd rather die than get old and sick
>>
>>17543889
>How old are you?
almost 30
i don't, it's terrifying and i just try to put it out of my mind because there's nothing else you can do. as time goes on, it's harder to ignore though. i've had some health problems lately and my parents are getting older so it's there all the time.
there is none. do whatever makes you feel like your life meant something, try to experience as much as you can and have as much happiness as you can manage. that's basically all i'd want.
you don't exist anymore.
>>
>>17543889
just enjoy what you want while you can
>>
File: kafuka.png (499KB, 540x406px) Image search: [Google]
kafuka.png
499KB, 540x406px
>>17543889
>how old am i
23 in a month
>how do i deal with getting older
heavy alcoholic
a bottle of whisky every 1-2 days which isnt bad currently though
i smoke a lot of weed too, every day constantly throughout the day
>what is the point of life
to die
>what happens when you die
nothing, complete end of suffering (human body)
>>
>>17546186
>New things will be new experiences, building new neuron connections inside your brain. Take travel, for example.

>This is how you slow down time passing.

this anon got surprisingly right that point... ever wondered why your chilhood memories were so long... and then at some point... you just fast forward to now?
because when you get used to it, you pretty much pause yourself while the time keeps going and aging, the newborn have everything new, everything to learn everything to explore, thats why at that stage and till year 7-8 max your life was remembered as long, then... you just get used to all, i dont know if i made my point clear.
>>
>>17543889
search for ''jacques fresco'' he is 100 y/o and listen to his speech, for everybody saying ''hurr durr im gonna die young before get old and cant do shit'' those peoples are already doing shit with themselves and their body only decays at that point.
>>
File: 1439239618933.gif (874KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1439239618933.gif
874KB, 500x375px
>How old are you?

Gonna be 24 in 4 days

By trying to take better care of my body, absorbing everything around me and drawing better than I did 2-3 years ago. Also now I actually want to do something with myself when before I was content to just stay high all the time and shitpost.

Mine for now is to be more forgiving towards myself and others, deal with psychological issues that hold me back, and to create something worthwhile that will outlive me to prove myself to myself because I stupidly think of it like a revenge on life/god. I'm just a fucking thirsty soul. Also selfish. Feels good to admit it.

I know we're supposed to like ascend from this reality or whatever but I got shit to do.

I don't know but I hope it's not too traumatic. If reincarnation is real I hope I can remember a few things from this lifetime like my loved ones, the music and of course who I was.

Also nice to see this place isn't filled with only millennials and teens from /b/
>>
>>17543889
not enough edgy dudes in their 20's itt
>>
>>17543889

By not worrying about it.

To continue living.

No idea. Same as everyone else who isn't a liar.
>>
>>17543889
Turned 20 a few weeks ago.

Not really worried about getting older, 'cause I've picked up hobbies that keep me happy. Though, I do worry about my current health as I've been putting on a lot of pounds in the last few years and I already have a heart problem.

I believe the universe will recycle your consciousness when you die. it wastes nothing.
>>
>>17544286
not defending the one you are replying but...
from a theological PoV...

The good creates things that has their own will, eventually since they have their own will, one should be different, that would be the bad, the bad says, hey im the good rebell and he is the bad dictator...

the good has 2 options,

1) smite him down and destroy the bad, the good would be bad as should be proving the bad's point that indeed he is a dictator.

2) let it be and let the contrast begings... we shall see what is better at the end, the good or the bad.

This answers perfectly one of the questions of the ''problem of evil''
> if he (god) is able to (erase the evil) and want to do it, then where the evil come from?

this would be the playground where what is good and bad for real come to conclusion, after let the bad gone wild, build and destroy, do as he wants to.

>where we come to play on this and why the punishment in hell according to this?

well... at the end when all conclusions where made and everyone see how everything goes to crap, simply proceeds to destroy. (now w/o accusations of dictatorship for what everyone saw what happens)

>why an eternal suffering for a finite actions?

philosophize this... the end of a ''conciousness'' cant be, therefore its not by actions, is about a choice, about to pick and be the good on the side therefore, picking your future residence.

i myself dont believe on this... strictly saying, mostly because as i said at first ''from a theological PoV'' but that doesn't stop me to feed that onto someone and have a feedback, in your case is this, because there is no point at reinforce a stablishment opinion.
>>
How old are you?

It's sad. Anxiety sometimes.

Dunno. Having fun I guess.

I won't give a fuck when that happens so why would I do it now?
>>
>>17543889

> How old are you

> How do you deal with getting older

Trying harder every year not to think about all the relationships I've had and ruined, trying harder every year not to think about how different life could be if I hadn't made mistakes, trying harder every year not to think about the one girl I thought was my soulmate who won't even talk to me any more, trying not to imagine what our life together would be like if we had worked things out

> What is the point of life?

I dunno

> What happens when you die?

I dunno
>>

i deal with getting older by making terrible life choices i guess which is why i'm in a shit situation now

imo the point of life would be to provide positive growth to the human race or our lovely planet in SOME way. bringing happiness to others, contributing to advances in science, creating art, etc. if everyone did this I feel like we could be much further than we are now

the infinitely small particles that I am composed of will be put in the ground. as i decay, these atoms, molecules, particles, energy, will be distributed as building blocks for other forms of life. I will be part of everything, and considering the number of these particles that i am made of, i probably already have been. only in this way, do i believe in reincarnation.

but who really gives a fuck about my opinion
>>
>>17543889
>How old are you?

exercise regularly, try to eat healthy, enjoy simple shit like beach trips with the kids, and fucking my wife occasionally

There is literally no point to life. If you dwell on this fact it will drive you bat shit crazy. You have to make your own point to life. Find something you enjoy and just stick with it. Fuck what the normies think.

I don't know and I'm not anxious to find out. But I have a strong faith that whatever it is I will be alright when it happens.
>>
>>17546186
this
and looking forward to it
me 31 years old

Everyday before bed, I think about how to preserve my self or how could I "upload" my soul on a machine if the need arises.
Philosophically I am trying to discover the seed of artificial intelligence code to create a medium for soul storage.
>>
>>17543889
>How old are you?
I look forward to it ending. I'm not suicidal, but it will be good to not have to get up every morning.
Cannot think of on yet.
I just hope there is no afterlife; the thought that it does not have an ending terrifies me. Once I am dead, I wish that to be an end.
>>
>>17549835
>I hope there is no afterlife

I know, RIGHT? When I die I hope it's darkness and I never know. The idea of heaven simply irritates me. Be good until you die, and then spend the rest of forever there. Yeah, sounds great. Can't wait to meet up with ol God fearing aunt Linda again
>>
>28
>death is part of life, no reason to worry about it
>money, food, alcohol, travelling, nature. The more money the easier it is to be happy
>after death I believe in nothingness but in my belief there are slight chance for some kind of after life
>>
>>17543889
I'm 29, and deal with aging by keeping my body healthy and fit to mitigate the physical effects.
>>
>>17543889
I don't.
To be a productive member of society.
I'm guessing nothing, sorry dude, you end up as mulch.
>>
File: a man's man.png (286KB, 494x345px) Image search: [Google]
a man's man.png
286KB, 494x345px
>>17543889

>How old are you?

Get older

To live

You die
>>
>>17543889
30 nigga

its not too bad, im getting """"wiser""" as i get older. but more cynical at the same time.

you can spend your whole life looking for a purpose and never find it, or you can just roll with the punches and go with the flow.

ssdd, nother day nother dollar, closer to the grave, etc

shits not so bad
>>

>about to become a wizard

I have many broken dreams. Life's been a true hell for me but I do have the faith everything is possible though the bad odds. If what I wish doesn't happen and my life would remain in silence pain I know I'd be a martyr for the souls

After this life if you chose light you'll go to the Light (as soul once in eternity can't change direction) and if you rejected the Light your soul will reject it as well in eternity

3 ways: hell, purgatory and heaven

None of both first two options you want to go to
>>

I deal by reminding myself and others tomorrow is not promised and this shit is real. Get off your ass and do what you got to do and be the best you are.

The meaning of life is to find something worth dying for. Find it.

When we die we move onto the next great adventure. Not talking about heaven, not talking about alternate realities. I'm talking about the unknown. There's no such thing as an end to our energy. Our conciousness. We are eternal, its a fact. It's the next great adventure.
>>
>>17543889
going to be 22 soon. Now I can't see it, though from a cute boy I was in 17-18 I got defined strong facial lines. How do I deal with it? A year ago I got paralazyd with fear that one day I will be gone forever. It really destroyed my life. Sometimes I think about it 10-12 hours a day. I might forget about it when I have a good time with friends, but then again I remember about my mortality in middle of cinema or party and I start having a panic attacks.
Point in life?To live forever. As for I enjoy(ed)j sex, music, craft beer, travel and tea&weed usage. Now its rarely helps to forget about inevetable.
What happens when you die? I wish some sort of afterlife existed.
>>
>>17550927
Everyone goes through that phase. Once you're through it, you will stop giving fucks even if thought of it seems impossible.
>>
>>17543889

I'm 25 and going nowhere fast but I don't worry about death or "deal" with it. There's nothing to deal with. When I die, I'll die. I don't know what happens after I die, if anything, so I don't worry about it. Why worry about it until it happens?
>>
File: 0.jpg (52KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
52KB, 460x288px
>>17550927
Ah, I remember my first existential crisis.

I was only a little boy. Toddler me was younger than 5 years old. I woke up in middle of the night and all out of sudden I realized I would die one day. I would cease to exist for the rest of the eternity. Needless to say I was scared.

I went to my parents bed room and I woke up me mom. I told her I don't want to die. She said 'oi you little cunt. Get yor shitty ass back to your fockin bed you miserably failed abortion or I will punch you in the nuts'.

From that on I gave death the finger, until I reached my early 20's. Then the extensional crisis came back worse than ever. It lasted only for couple of months, though.
>>
>>17543963
We have beer these days you don't need to drink old fashioned mead
>>
> How old are you?
> How do you deal with getting older?
I don't think about it much. Nothing I can do, it's just the way of things
> What is the point of life?
to find truth. for me at least.
> What happens when you die?
I don't know and I suspect anyone who claims to be sure is full of shit. That said, energy can't be created or destroyed, so I suspect whatever energy creates consciousness goes back to the blob of all consciousness (whatever that means)
>>
File: 1459138425849.jpg (1MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
1459138425849.jpg
1MB, 2816x2112px

there is only one answer to this.,
aliens have programmed the human being
to have a life on earth aging and reaching
max 120 years.
seach for immortallity through food, good
health, and finding a partner you can shave
love with .. if you can't find a partner for some
reason,,, or had a partner and it didn't work out,
get and animal freind,,
how to deal with dying,,,,(immortallity) seach for the key,,
picture relatred i'm pleiadian and immortal
death dont exsist for me
life has a point and it is meaningfull...
only the intelligent ones will know how and what
to fill in your own life & the reasen for 99 % of you being depressed anos is you have accepted your mortals and living a shitty lifestyle with drugs hores and alcohol and shitty foods .. you might even hate life and your self so much that you are and evil person and also hate other people that are trying to find the immortally key
and belive me it exsist i havent aged in 22 years...( i dont need to explain )
i'm not telling you my secret only this true story
life is magic and life is love and great
discoveries i'm just sad for all of you none of you will ever experience the real future
so life the life you have 100 years max

have a nice day*** mortals
>>
>>17550907
Das it Mane
>>
>>17543889
Anon, thank you for creating this thread. My grandma just died and I opened /x/ to stop crying and calm down. Reading how people feel and think has helped me and I finally am able to stop weeping. Death is always hard. I am 25 years old. I dont mind getting older. It is weird but I actually think it makes me prettier and my face looks more womanly. I deal with getting old with yoga, hours of biking and healthy food. Makes me feel way better in my body that I ever felt. Reason to live? For me it is to explore and expand knowledge, as I always hunger for more. Life after death? I would love to believe grandma went somewhere happy. It would put me at ease. Yet I find it hard to understand. I think we dont know a lot about reality around us. That makes answering this question not possible.
>>
>>17549736
me too man, I am designing nanoneurons that can transfer neural information from the brain, good luck!
>>
>>17543889

Deal with aging by being grateful.

The point is to exist and to comprehend - to be.

After death is you decomposing...

Unless you are you without your body.
>>
>>17551128
900 years old, from another star system, yet you still write like an elementary school-level child. Pathetic.
>>
>>17543889
Turned 26 last month, when I think about it it's a quarter of a century, and it seems like a lot, but I just try to enjoy every day to it's fullest, I go to work every other day, work out, go to college, play games and enjoy the company of my wife, we still don't have kids, and to me that's the point of life, live a good life, try to be happy and make the ones you care happy, don't be an ass to other people and take care of our planet. About dying, i'ts an inevitability, altough sometimes I wish I were immortal.
>>
>>17551128
>>17551250
Divine cameltoe though
>>
>>17551899
i'm not from around here
told you already
stop the judgements and anger towards me
because you are in denial about your own
mortallity and can't reach immortallity like me
i write you read you understand
the end.
have a nice day mortal
>>
>>17545618
>The Living God.
Of death incarnate. Thanks for being part of the problem.
>>
File: image.jpg (986KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
986KB, 2448x3264px
>>17543889
>How old are you? 33

>How do you deal with getting older? It's just a natural process, change is the only constant.

Everyone grows old, everyone will die, you can find comfort in this.

>What is the point of life.

Well its paradoxical. You can look at it as the point is the point, experience, what you're doing is the point.

On the other hand you can say there is no point. Neither of these answers are necessarily wrong or right.

Look around and you will see the point.

A rememberance. It's a really good feeling, it can also be traumatic. It's like having reality torn away from you, till there is nothing left but this "awareness".

No names for it. It trancends everything. Words can't explain it.
>>
How old are you?

Dont think about it

My Kids

I probably rott under the earth...
>>
File: image.jpg (206KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206KB, 960x960px
This all sounds so Beta
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 183x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 183x200px
>>17551128
>>
It's only another day
To find, create, enact meaning, or not
The same thing that was going on before you arrived

>e-z
>>
>>17549603
I'm 27, and I do the same. Sleeping tends to be difficult, because that is when creeping thoughts about these things tend to manifest. Human curiosity is truly a burden.

Best of luck man. It'll get better eventually.
>>
>>17543889
im 44 and have learned to"live with uncertainty with grace.
>>
>>17543889
>How old are you?
I don't really think about it
I have no clue
Something good, hopefully.
>>
forgetting about it
to die
you wake up
>>
>>17543963

Turning 21 isnt getting older. You just entered the prime of your life. The culture caters to people your age and a little older.
Wait till youre in your 30s and you'll have a real answer.
>>
>How old are you?
Turned 40 in Feb

It honestly doesn't bother me. I've earned all the gray hair I inexplicably still don't have any of yet, dammit.

I've had different answers to this at different times of my life, ranging from the very cynical to the upbeat. At the moment, I subscribe to the admittedly fluffy "schoolhouse earth/everything is here to help you grow" theory, thanks to a near-death type experience I had.

I'd like to think that the near-death experience type experience I had is accurate and that we do in fact continue on.
>>
maybe you wake up in a man made heaven
in the future, or maybe just a timeless dimension, humans have machines that search for unique quantum signals of consiousness that are no longer attached to their body(death). They then create a body and somehow reattach the consciousness signal or pattern(whatever makes us us) to that body and you just wake up in a perfect place.
>>
>>17543889
>How old are you?

I accept it as part of life

There is no inherent point to life.

I do, however, have various goals and ideal circumstances that I pursue such as family, friends, a comfortable life, and a sense of duty to my larger community.

Your body stops working. It will be after life as it was before it. You will not exist.
>>
>>17543889
Th point of life is living
The point of death is to be dead

Overthinking your life only corrupts the truth.
>>
File: SE-Baphomet.jpg (128KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SE-Baphomet.jpg
128KB, 1600x1200px
>>17543889

Dont care

The point is what you make it be

Ill cease to exist and maggots cockroaches and other life forms will consume this body
>>
File: 1457821328420.jpg (19KB, 405x405px) Image search: [Google]
1457821328420.jpg
19KB, 405x405px
>How old are you?
18 turning 19 in 4 months.
I don't care its inevitable
To live. If you mean like why are we here/ what are we doing here etc. I believe there is no point.
You cease to function/go 404.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.