[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knowledge or insight that has changed your life.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 25

File: Image12.gif (74KB, 280x286px) Image search: [Google]
Image12.gif
74KB, 280x286px
Knowledge or insight that has changed your life.
>>
>>17542054
It's actually pretty easy to cook a good soup.
>>
Living in other countries is not hard.
Jacking off in a cup or plastic bag makes clean-up easy.
Don't trust women.
>>
>>17542085
Idiot. Either gender will betray you just as badly.
>>
The hypocrisy in everybody is just too damn real :P
>>
In every argument, both persons believed in the side they were arguing for.
Unfortunately for those of us who end up in a courtroom at some point, this is not necessarily true for lawyers.
>>
>>17542143
What about trolls?
>>
>>17542118

I've been travelling solo abroad for over one year. Guys are generally bros and will offer me lots of free shit (food and housing for several months), show me around, do shit together.

The last time I trusted a woman's good will, I ended up being owed money, overbudget, and sharing one toilet with 20 guys while I diarrhea'd 6 times a day and eating nothing but spicy rice.
>>
>>17542199
Pretty sure you need to come to terms with your homosexuality, Anon
>>
>>17542202

Unfortunately, I'm not a flaming faggot. It would make life easier yeah.
>>
File: Lucifer Light Bringer Descends.jpg (12KB, 236x319px) Image search: [Google]
Lucifer Light Bringer Descends.jpg
12KB, 236x319px
That this whole world is Lucifer's and our reality is greatly an illusion...
>>
>>17542118
>>17542202
t. roastie

Anon's right. Don't trust women
>>
Everyone on this board is an RP'er, mentally ill, or just here to keep it going for their amusement.
>>
>>17542073
Kek
>>
If you feel like farting a big one don't shit your loafers men
>>
- Take nothing personally. Everything someone else says or does only just shows you where their head is/what their maturity level is. It reveals nothing about you.
>>
- The only thing any group of people has in common is the particular thing that unites them. Other than that, you will always have the full array of human traits, for better or for worse.

That means that in every group, without exception, you will find a few bad apples. Not many people are mature enough to realize this, expect it, and account for it, and thereby not condemn a group as a whole for its inevitable bad apples.

The kicker is that a person condemning other groups as all bad for their bad apples is invariably prepared to protest "But not all X!" when someone outside one of their own groups does the same thing to them. Irony.
>>
- The enormous majority of the human race thinks in excessively simplistic ways. There isn't much ability for people to think in nuance or in shades of gray; everything is either Good, or it is Bad, for example. The corporate media exploits this weakness every chance it gets in order to carefully shape public opinion. Expect this and account for it.
>>
Be the best person you can be for yourself, not for the approval of anyone else. People might try to hurt you or take advantage of you but I would rather trust and live graciously than to distrust and be afraid and be lonely.

That said, don't be blatantly obtuse. If something feels sketchy it probably is.
>>
>>17542085
Women are snakes with tits.
>>
>>17542550
- Whenever you hear/read someone say something like this, know that you are talking to someone who is a raging asshole IRL who isn't man enough to take responsibility for the blowback.
>>
>>17542054
Never buy cheap bin bags. They always rip and you have to pick up the same rubbish twice.

Also, around blacks never relax.
>>
- Be careful what you choose to put in your mind. If you focus heavily or only on the negative/what's bad/wrong, then all that fills your consciousness is what's negative/bad/wrong. You become so accustomed to automatically overlooking the positive/what's right that it stops registering at all for you, and your experience of the world is that it's a negative place full of badness and wrongness. This can lead to depression, etc.
>>
>>17542467
I've actually only ever told true stories.
>>
the secret of happiness which is simply to do what you fear
>>
>>17542631
Nah. Consider this scenario: You're a kid, and you just broke something in the house on accident. Parent-Who's-Had-A-Bad-Day might scream at you, spank or belt you for it, shame you for it, call you stupid, clumsy, maybe even worthless. The same parent who's had a really good day might give a mental shrug, realize you're not usually a bad kid, and allow for the fact that accidents are just a part of life, and ask you to be more careful. "I know you didn't do that on purpose, but please be more careful next time, honey."
Same kid, same incident, two wildly different ways of reacting to it that have nothing to do with the kid. Thus the kid shouldn't take the parent's reaction personally.
>>
>>17542054

Today's Physics is 90% bullshit that is either based on assumption (faith) or "normalised" equations.

I spent 19 years studying it before it dawned on me that the rabbit hole just kept going.
>>
The world isn't anything like what I thought it was growing up. The people in the government aren't merely trying to do their best in a difficult job. There's a reason critical thinking isn't taught in schools. There's a reason corporate media is so full of drivel and bias, and a reason that it fails to report what it fails to report. There's a reason everything is so carefully dumbed-down. There's a reason there's such a heavy emphasis on entertainment and sports.
>>
The antiquity of a belief is not a measure of it's truth because truth is ageless.
>>
>>17542726
Correct I was born in 1975. I grew up in the 1980's

I honestly feel like a stranger in this world now...

Nothing is the same at all...people are colder...even this reality feels dimmer and more sinister...
>>
>>17542664
that would place you in the 'mentally ill' category
>>
Nobody has a clue what they're doing. They're all making it up as they go. All of them.
>>
File: gold_texture456.jpg (597KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
gold_texture456.jpg
597KB, 900x900px
Learn to observe. The more you observe your emotions, the more in control you'll be of yourself. By observing your pain, you'll overcome the suffering that comes with it. Sadness and anger will no longer overpower you. The more you observe, the more you can forgive and understand both others and yourself.
__

Treat your dreams as memories. They are half of your life, so give them that importance. I've quenched my materialism by not taking for granted dreams of luxury. The more you enjoy the present moment in the day, the more you'll feel your dreams at night.
__

Your mind reflects your habits and examples. The more you polish your surroundings, the more polished your thought patterns will be. Learn to better your habits, to always change the negatives to positives. Dress in vibrant colors, focus on the kindness in others, if you're going to listen to a song 100 times, choose a positive message Your thoughts will start changing for the better.
>>
>>17542467
You're on this board and are clearly not amused. So what's your diagnosis?
>>
>>17542671
That doesn't matter. People who always go "it's not me, it's you" are also always the ones who have done something to provoke a rage response. Normal people don't spout anything of this sort.

Also, the kid in your example did something that would normally cause a bad response. It has nothing to do with the parent having a "bad day" when he gets said response. If he gets lucky and doesn't get in any trouble, that doesn't change the fact that he was negligent and ended up breaking shit.
>>
An indifferent approach to absolutely everything in life is the only way to live avoiding disappointment
>>
>>17542594
Very true. The only people who actually think and act in an intelligent way are those that have had to grow up from a very early age.
>>
File: 593px-Dhumavati_yantra_color.jpg (81KB, 593x600px) Image search: [Google]
593px-Dhumavati_yantra_color.jpg
81KB, 593x600px
>>17542903
this + fractals

/thread
>>
>>17542682
we need secret space program sciences!!!!
>>
>>17542054
everything on this website
>http://fulldisclosure.today
>>
>>17542054
Conspiracy theory time
What if I told you that a large number of Satan worshipers are Satan himself,
Satan is able to live through dead bodies that he puppeteers with magic, keeping them alive with medicine.
These puppets are known as zombies, voodoo people, lizards, devils, the Jinn, etc.
These drones are the things that are oppressing mankind.
He and his puppets are described in scripture as having secret counsels, the evil in high places, etc.
Ecclesiastes 5:8, Ephesians 6:12, Surah 58:10, Surah 8:36
The 6,000 year old tentacle monster that is Satan conspires against humanity in these secret meetings, where it is almost like he is having a tea party all by himself with dead bodies.
He is in fact, the 1%, almost all by himself, and he is pretty much just a little fat boy who wants everything for himself, much like Eric Cartman
He is also bisexual, and transgender, and a special little snowflake
He's a joke
He also 404s all the good threads
>>
>>17543094
In addition, all humans on earth are aliens that Allah created from black-mud and clay from the planets that inhabited our solar system, the Twelve Tribes of Israel
Meaning that we are all God's Children, i.e., Jewish
Only the lizards go to Hell.
>>
>>17542980
This.

Not trying to be an edge lord, but it just seems like I only feel differing degrees of annoyance and gladness these days.
>>
>>17542777
>>17542726 here
Yeah. I am one year younger than you are. My mentality growing up was this: In the world of the 1980s, even though the ongoing Cold War was still kinda scary, there was nevertheless a sense of general optimism. Most music was upbeat and happy, clothing was bright and wild (and so was the hair... I hated the bangs, heh.) But the US was truly the bastion of freedom (I loved Lee Greenwood's song,) people in government truly had the best interests of the people in mind, and the future was so bright you just had to wear shades. ... I miss that feeling, but I don't miss my total clueless naivete. The world -does- feel a lot colder.
>>
Its not about the man in the fight , its about the fight in the man
>>
>>17543171
Well most of Reagan's administration was compromised of Bohemian Grovers...secret Shit was going on then too

Also look at Warrants DRFSR album...that's Mammon on the cover...shit was happening under our nose...
>>
If you shake it more than twice, you're playing with yourself.
>>
>>17543174
You can take the boy out the hood,but you can't take the hood out the homie
>>
Saturn Moon Matrix Theory , cloneing and donald marshal/tila Tequila , and dulce base
>>
>>17543187
Yeah. I know that now, but I didn't know that then. Honestly, I think shit has been going on for a -long- time, even long before the Kennedy assassination. I'd guess the US government lost its sovereignty at the time of the formation of the Federal Reserve Act on Dec. 23, 1913, and probably long before even that.
>>
>I know that I know nothing at all
anyone who claims to know is a liar.
>>
wow I cant read more than 3 words on each post, youre a la bunch of gigantic faggots
>>
>>17543217
Your an astute man anon wish I knew you in the 1980's watching Gi Joe and Heman...
>>
This my Niggas
>>17542637
>>
>>17543244
Go away millennial
>>
One of the things that really most rocked my world was the realization aliums exist. (go watch the documentary I Know What I Saw on youtube.) Prior to this, I thought aliens were purely a tinfoil hat thing. I had a reaction I've since found out is very typical: holy shit, aliums exist. There are large numbers of military personnel who've had direct dealings with these objects. Why is this being kept a secret? Why are they being dishonest about it? ... what else are they keeping a secret, what else are they being dishonest about?... and that opened the door for me to no longer have a kneejerk 'it's all tinfoil hat' reaction to 9/11 conspiracy research. I'm still finding out exactly how far this rabbit hole made of lies and manipulation goes.
>>
>>17543253
My best guess is aliens are Fallen Angels or subjects of Satan the Prince of the Powers of the Air...

Either way bad news
>>
>>17542054

That Eris and her 8 paths are all that could ever be. That chaos, arbitrary and capricious pulses govern the universe and all reality -- or rather its hyperreal simulation. That the absurd and anarchic physical is all that exists, and we are just briefly looking at it until we crumple under time's ascendant weight, mutant matter staring at itself in virtual-spatial transit. Meat machines walking along a pebble, how absurd how absurd.
>>
>>17542637
This is really important, most people that I meet that are depressed or have negative attitude has this problem.
>>
>>17542054

If you're alone, you don't exist. Other people/something alive makes you exist.

If you don't see something it doesn't exist. Here, see means any of the 5 senses.

We are all just blobs of energy. Everything is energy.
>>
>>17543207
Elaborate.
>>
File: natural-triangle.png (43KB, 508x321px) Image search: [Google]
natural-triangle.png
43KB, 508x321px
Imagine being a small animal such a fox, intelligent only to such a degree, growing up in the spirit world and progressing through larger and larger bodies as you approach godhood, somewhere out in the woods doing your fox thing, when you come into in conversation with an actual god. The god is outwardly caring, even shy and humbled to be in philosophical pursuit with an animal (which is rare given the difficulty in maintaining their attention) and actually feeling ashamed after noticing the fox has mutated slightly as being apart of a different genepool or family. What exactly has to take place? There are a lot of hypotheticals to assume here. Is the fox unwitting and literally animalistic to the extent it doesn't notice? or does he by some cunning nature of the animal instinct manage to suppress his feelings and just get confused about the slight perplexedness on the god's face? Out of literal kiddie fear the god shifts his weight nervously thinking he needs to bring up a way to help the fox understand.
>You know, He (the ultimate creator) created me this same way. I was ugly too, at one point, but now when I look back on it, it's funny. Funny because I never really understood it myself, having grown up naturally and still finding things funny today as I did when I was a yungin just as yourself. I mean, don't you appreciate the fact that I still come back to these woods all the time? I mean I'm here today, aren't I? Gee, that's how you caught me.

>foxes can't laugh
>>
>>17542054
Literal psychopaths hold positions of power across the globe, and have since before civilization became a thing. This is probably where the whole reptilians thing comes from; people seeing psychopaths and just not being able to understand what's up. Probably where vampire myths sprang from too.

Read books and internet articles about psychopathy; once you realize what it actually is (as opposed to the common perception of crazy axe murderers) and how it affects our world/history, everything will begin to make sense. Scientists are increasingly sure it's genetic, but I don't think it's been proven yet.

Jews seem to have a heavy strain of it, and the most damaging psychopaths to humanity are almost always jewish.

>>17542967
I'm not that guy, but I just disagree. Normal people do stuff that makes me rage inside everyday, and they think it's normal, and then they rage about the most petty bullshit like it's some giant outrage. Normal people are also generally retarded. Pure coincidence, I'm sure. I'm just a raging asshole, though, don't mind me.
>>
>>17542054
The Salvia Divinorum Goddess
>>
>>17543312
>If you're alone, you don't exist. Other people/something alive makes you exist.
that's heavy
>>
>>17543312
Nah, the one thing you can be completely certain of is the existence of your own consciousness. Even if absolutely everything else might be a complete illusion, the fact that you are aware proves beyond doubt that your awareness exists.
>>
>>17542054
this is gonna sound corny, but it's important: it's OK to make mistakes. It's normal, it's human. Pick yourself back up and move on. Allow other people the space to make mistakes, too.
>>
File: wut2.jpg (117KB, 611x375px) Image search: [Google]
wut2.jpg
117KB, 611x375px
>>17543035
>http://fulldisclosure.today
What a crock of shit.
>>17543094
Satan is an external entity only, you sure are paranoid.
>>17543330
Still none the wiser about what you just said.
>>
>>17543586
This is horseshit, if I think before I do something retarded I am avoiding the mistake. I will not accept the behavior of someone that has the exact same capabilites as me of avoiding a mistake and yet decided to make one. Your logic is weak.
>>
File: Blood Bank 1.png (65KB, 360x276px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Bank 1.png
65KB, 360x276px
>>17542463
>Don't trust women
Meanwhile, we can definitely trust all of our presidents and every leader ever. They can be trusted because men. :^)
>>
the world is a vampire
>>
>>17542054
There is nothing but love. Everything that isn't love isn't acceptable. Hence, I deserve every attack from others that I experience when I don't express love.
>>
>>17542054
Grating cheese in an arc motion is much easier then grating it in a straight motion
>>
>>17542054
If you willfully and bravely follow any thought as far as you can, you will literally begin to figure out the universe.

Bonus points if you do it on mushrooms. Get ready to level up about 13 times ina 60 second period.
>>
>>17544120
This whole thing seems to be a common flaw of human nature. "if a few people from a group I'm not a member of exhibit problem behavior, I assume that that means the whole group has that problem. However, if a few people from a group I'm a member of exhibit a problem behavior, I don't see it as representative of my group as a whole in the same way. Instead, I see that those are just problem individuals."
>>
we are born in a prison
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A6Kbf-ocWk
>>
The truth is : you're not real.
>>
>>17544448
But can be and have been given the possibility thanks to our long suffering creator.
>>
>>17544168
That's ingroup/outgroup bias.

t. Psych student
>>
>>17543094
wat if satan reversed modern religion and christianity is actually the form of blind follow and satan worship and satanism is actually the right way to follow for salvation? wat if im just indoctrinated by saten? wat if u are? who knows my dude...
>>
Never trust a pie
Because the pie
Is just
A lie
>>
>>17543094
I gave you the benefit of the doubt until the Cartman part. Don't go referencing cartoons if you want us to take you seriously on this. This is coming from someone who has /co/ as one of his top 3 favorite boards. Are you the same guy who was saying you had Satan talk to you and could control what he said and made him say "I'm a little piggly just like Eric Cartman?" That was the cringiest shit I've ever read, I feel like an aspie just typing it.
>>
>>17543244
>You guys are faggots because I'm illiterate.
>>
>>17544638
Namaste.
>>
File: Lacerta (3).jpg (631KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Lacerta (3).jpg
631KB, 774x1032px
>>17542054
The sphere of influence theory / Lacerta.

Highly recommend to read and understand, its in the 2nd part.
>>
question for the people who listed knowledge of conspiracies as life-changing: do you do anything differently as a result of this knowledge? any different practices, activism, anything? or are the changes all internal?
>>
File: 1417558457934.gif (915KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
1417558457934.gif
915KB, 500x200px
>>17544122
mein neger
>>
>>17544780
different practices, activism, anything? or are the changes all internal?
All of the above, you'll be surprised yourself looking at things from a different angle, pretty mind blowing.
>>
>>17544887
like what? what do you do differently? can you be specific?
>>
>>17543312
Babby's first idealism. How do you account for continuing between 'unseen' things? Berkeley proclaimed god the ultimate experiencer. Kant posited the noumena as an objective thing in itself. Welcome to the big issue with idealism.
>>
swadadawd
>>
>>17542807
This so hard.
>>
File: greeneyes.jpg (37KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
greeneyes.jpg
37KB, 259x194px
Once I recieved a p insight I started seeing huge eight-limbed monsters crawling on buildings everywhere. They never do anything. They just stare at me with countless sunken eyes as I pass.
>>
>>17544931
*Especially profound* not "p"
>>
>>17543330

you are not a fox.
>>
File: ilda.jpg (112KB, 681x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ilda.jpg
112KB, 681x1024px
Tilda Swinton
>>
>>17542054
XOR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_d4l8OuI-U
>>
>>17544443
Ugh. This is nitpicking bullshit at its finest.
So, we're created not by God but by an evil egotistical entity? And yet this entity is dumb enough to allow us to "reach knowledge and consciousness" every step of the way but we're too dumb because angels and demons prevents us from doing so? And then the Pope is evil as well? But there's also Satan that's evil but works in a different department or what? Yeah, no, bullshit.

Either believe in the Bible or don't, but don't go making stupid nitpicking like this because that's just retarded.
>>
>>17543253
For me, it was the other way around.
The scientific realization that we're probably, most likely, all alone in the universe.
All those articles about space travel being bullshit that arose back when Interstellar was released, make too much sense to me, to believe there's beings out there watching us for no reason at all.
Thinking they're infiltrating us, or giving us technology and shit is the most bullshit when you think about what really would take for space travel to be possible and the kind of knowledge they had to own...

It's as ridiculous as thinking I'm gonna buy a super expensive Cadillac Escalade, travel around the continent to the desert in Arizona, and start playing with the ants that live there, dropping sugar cubes and maybe give them some of my technology so when they destroy themselves, I get their dirthole, sure, why not?
Ridiculous.
>>
>>17545007
i see tardbabby is out of his cage again posting pics of that uggo hussy all day lmao :D
>>
>>17542571
So fuck borders and law and shit?
>>
>>17544120
Roastie getting toastie. Women have no conception of intangiable concepts such as loyalty or honor. They do whatever "feels" right to them and rationalize it afterwards. They cannot be trusted.

Politicians have the highest rate of sociopathy of all professions
>>
You create your own reality, literally, reality IS the Akashic Book, wide and open to you at all times, and this open book is communion with The ALL!

Love is also the most powerful force there is, second to God, hold Love in your Heart and no one can harm you.
>>
The power of the mind is more than what modern science will admit. I'm still uncertain about the details of what that means.
>>
>>17545573
Nice and vague, hippy.
>>
>>17542571
Pretty much the only smart thing said in this thread.
>>
>>17542594
Bitter teen detected.
>>
>>17542777
Nice spooky ellipses. Really makes you look mysterious and wise.
>>
>>17544120
Entitled, raging landwhale detected. Nothing to see here, just move along.

Pic related, thats you.
>>
Yeshua Christ, the Father and the Holy Spirit are real and are God.

That the Bible is true.

http://pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW
>>
>>17542571

There are many groups that have less bad apples per capita. To say that all humans are equally predisposed to doing "x" is wrong.

That comes to my bit of wisdom. Humans are extremely different from one another due to us being social and intellectual animals.
>>
Cultivating virtue is far superior to believing a certain action can be intrinsically moral or immoral.
>>
>>17542467
I read esoteric texts because I can't dismiss something I haven't at least tried. How enlightened you sound anon.
>>
>>17542682
Could you please elaborate that anon?
>>
>>17542726
I am a fan of Geoffrey Hill. He points out that one of the best weapons the uneducated have is the word 'pretentious'. We are taught to dislike obscurantism and taught to appreciate the simple message. Notice how Orwell has become so respected by the powers that be? His naive focus upon simple language was also the propaganda philosophy of Goebbels, simple messages that spoke to the hearts of people got them to vote. Complex language that doesn't treat its readers as a moron is the true democratic language. Obscurity is, at worst, useless and harmless, at best it is enlightening and rewarding.
>>
I'm connected to the future, with telepathy, and out of the nonsense in my head, they have made many memes of me. Memes work in an entirely different context than they do now, guys, it's truly incredible.

>have all the freshest memes
>can't use them because "they'll be old in the future if you do."
>>
File: 1256315855588.jpg (19KB, 252x342px) Image search: [Google]
1256315855588.jpg
19KB, 252x342px
>>17543312
This anon does not have theory of mind or object permanence.

>You're literally dumber than a toddler.
>>
>>17544899
Ignore this man, he is working for them.
>>
>>17545573
The more interesting is that even if we created a perfect map of the brain and how each element causes each function, we probably still would never be able to understand why the Brain functions in these particulars.
>>
File: 1456926845577.jpg (92KB, 423x951px) Image search: [Google]
1456926845577.jpg
92KB, 423x951px
That you will become way less concerned with what other people think of you when you realize how seldom they do.
>>
When you realize Saint Dre was correct and indeed, bitches ain't shit, nay, they are indeed hoes and tricks.
>>
>>17545503
>Men have no conception of intangible concepts such as loyalty or honor. They'll tell any lie in order to do whatever "feels" fun to them and blow it off afterwards. They cannot be trusted.

Fixed
>>
>>17545844
Kek. Look at the butthurt roastie. Women are nothing but fuckholes
>>
By the grace of God there go I.
To understand is to forgive all.
Don't trust people who are selling you things.
Most people have no idea what they're talking about and are not to be taken seriously.
>>
>>17545844
You want to know why men don't trust women? It's the same reason women don't trust each other.
>>
>>17542054
In order to keep everyone distracted from finding out about the real power structure, the powers that be keep us busy with distractions. There are a few of these.

- heavy emphasis on frivolous entertainment in media, (stuff like Dancing with the Stars and sports, etc.) de-emphasis on actual news, coupled with
- censorship and outright omission of anything TPTB do not want you to hear in the news
- by making sure there's a lot of infighting in the general population - religion vs religion, race wars, men vs women, etc. If we're busy ganging up against each other, we won't pay attention to what the powers that be are doing.
- and the deliberate omission of the teaching of critical thinking skills in school, so we are not able to notice any of this or think about it.
>>
>>17545729
bump
>>
Life is a test to see if Human's can master their game
>>
>>17542054
Hard determinism
Everything that has happened was going to happen no matter what.
I would have to go back and change the beginning conditions of the universe to change what has happened in my short life.
The best thing to do is to move forward, even if my destiny has already been chosen, but I don't know what it is yet.
>>
Fault and Guilt are both irrational concepts that people are just emotionally dependent on. There is no actual sense to the idea that someone deserves a punishment because they did something bad. You can punish someone for the sake of maintaining order in a society, but that's not fairness, it's technically sacrifice.
>>
>>17546353
I conceived determinism when I was really young and I cannot fucking shake it, but it's not so much about the predetermination, it's more about the nature of cause and effect.

I have a hard time believing the whole "parallel universes for anything that could have gone differently" idea because I don't see how things can go differently from how they go.

Anything that happens happens because it's the direct result of culminating factors which preceded it, and caused it. Probability isn't a real thing, it's a part of the fallible human perspective. If you push a boulder down a hill it's only going to roll in a certain way. There's no alternate reality where it goes left instead of right, whichever way it goes depends on the contour of the land and the way in which you pushed it. There's no room for variation at any given point in time in any context that doesn't involve an actual 50/50 chance of a thing happening, which probably only occurs in computer simulation. Perhaps then the universe splits, whatever.

People rail against this because the concept of predetermination disturbs them, but I don't think you have to see it that way. It's pretty irrelevant to us... You can make whatever decision you want, I still consider us to have free will. There's nothing actually restricting about the deterministic nature of it all. You are free, determinism is just the technical reality of how things go down (as I see it, that is).

As I mentioned in >>17546373 I do think acknowledging determinism has some serious ethical implications. Guilt, blame, and punishment are utterly irrational.
>>
God is a person, and his name is Krsna.
>>
>>17546400
You don't even need determinism to prove free will is impossible. Just look at the pleasure principle - when given a choice we can act only according to what we perceive to be the most pleasurable option
>>
We were born with 2 eyes, 2 ears, and only one mouth.

(Shut up and listen and observe the world around you and everything in it that's what your here for to learn)

>>
>>17546416
I don't know about that disproving free will. If that disproves free will, then what are you defining free will as? All that proves is that we are beholden to what we want, which means nothing.
>>
>>17542054
Knowledge of other minds, notwithstanding the question of their legitimacy or being, and how to interact with them to some degree. Knowledge of many products of other minds.

Knowledge regarding the above, knowing that any further possible knowledge will, as far as I will tell, be incomplete. It is a never-ending task, hampered by physical programming, variation, and decay.

Knowledge regarding the fact that I will never hear the same kind of silence that most of everyone else within the median of "normal people" will hear. Knowing the many emotions associated with that knowledge. Knowledge of learning to forget that very knowledge to better perform tasks without incident.

Knowledge of affect. Knowing that I am both capable and incapable of things. Knowledge of regularity, of lucidity. Knowing that I want little to do with the total affect of over 580 million people's lives, let alone 4 thousand, but also knowing that I fully accept the choice to be responsible for strangers nonetheless. Knowledge regarding the fact that I choose to withhold information from some, that I refrain from helping some, despite being fully capable and available to do so on a regular basis; I choose not to help, knowing that I can.

Knowing what it means to be the cause of death, and the cause of life... and how silly this all looks or reads. Knowledge of not being the only entity capable of the above, and certainly not the last.

Knowledge of what it might seem like, to not have regrets.
>>
>>17546441
You can do what you want, but you can't want what you want. Think about it, you don't choose the things that gratify you, they are instilled in our nature.
>>
>>17546459
What other basis of want can there be but nature and upbringing? Yes, we don't control the world that shapes and surrounds us. All this does, in my perspective, is influence the dynamic of our choices.

It's so incredibly hard to explain for me... It's like we're subject to a certain system, we operate within a system. We may not be able to control the system but we're still functioning within the system, by those rules and functions which were not written by us. What allows it to be deemed "will", as I see it, is consciousness. This implies that animals don't have will and that's kind of awkward to discuss, but I still think humans have free will. The nature of it isn't as loose, wild, and random as many would like to believe, and from a perspective which is irrelevant to us it's all predetermined, but it's will nonetheless.
>>
>>17544120
>not trusting a certain group of people automatically means to trust anyone else
The simple mind of an underage shitposter
>>
Free will is the catalyst for growth given to us by "the serpent" for that we must give thanks and always apreciate such a great gift. Being like gods creating and destroying paths wether you know it or not. You create your own path with your Thelema. (FREE WILL)
>>
>>17542054
every cop is a corrupt one
every banker is a thief
debt is a lie used to control and enslave
solidarity is our best weapon for fighting back
>>
>>17545939
>heavy emphasis on frivolous entertainment in media

I don't think it's the actions of higher powers at all. This is the natural course of things. People are always going to be more responsive to shallow entertainment, the reason why it's surging is because of the response to demand.

What best illustrates the truth of the matter is an american cable TV network named Animal Planet. They used to have these wonderful, informative, and expensive shows about nature. They simply cannot afford it anymore and now it's a bunch of reality bullshit. It's not because the government or the illuminati wants to keep people from being informed on natural science, it's because it's not profitable to broadcast that shit anymore.

The reason for this, and the reason why news sucks, is because of the internet.

People get all their intellectual stimulation from the internet, people get all their news from the internet. If you want to know what's going on in the world you look it up and cross reference articles, you don't turn on the fucking TV. When you want to know stuff about animals you look up stuff about animals, you don't turn on the fucking TV. And when it comes to the internet, there is virtually no emphasis on anything. Everything's there. So you can't easily assess what media and information people are ACTUALLY consuming because they're consuming most media and information through a medium which is much harder to track.

Fun fact... People today are far more informed, knowledgeable, and disillusioned than at literally ANY point the past. TV and movies are just kind of dumb, as they've pretty much always been.

>and the deliberate omission of the teaching of critical thinking skills in school, so we are not able to notice any of this or think about it.

It's not actually omitted, shitty teachers just have the means to omit them by pandering to standardization. The presence of standardization is not actually forcing teachers to suck, it just enables them.
>>
File: stones.png (24KB, 111x127px) Image search: [Google]
stones.png
24KB, 111x127px
>>17546529
every cop is a criminal
and all the sinners saints
>>
>>17546497
Certainly there are many factors which influence our decision making. But the bottom line is that whatever we do, we are bound by our perception and by the pleasure principle. Simply put, we can only do what we think will bring us pleasure, and in this way our will is not free.
>>
>>17542054
leaders will always betray you

the largest genocide ever took place in north america

IMF and World bank collect tribute from poor countries, intentionally keeping them poor while maintaining an image of trying to eliminate poverty

most conspiracies aren't real, the horrible truth is the elite mostly hate each other almost as much as they hate the rest of us, and are largely inept
>>
>>17546544
>>17546544
To declare that free or not is still a matter of perspective. Free will shouldn't be defined the ability to be utterly random, of course there is going to be a reason for any decision you make. The pleasure principle, at best, just provides a broad explanation for the "why".
>>17546563
Well that's fundamentally false as an absolute. I've been a leader and never failed anyone. If you were a leader, would you fall to corruption? Do you honestly think that of yourself?

>the largest genocide ever took place in north america
Don't know if that's true but I don't see the significance of it if it is. It was certainly one hell of a genocide but it's not like we don't talk about it. They were talking about that shit in my fuckin 3rd grade class.

>IMF and World bank collect tribute from poor countries, intentionally keeping them poor while maintaining an image of trying to eliminate poverty
I'm fairly adamant that it's more profitable for most institutions to have more prosperous countries to deal with.

>most conspiracies aren't real, the horrible truth is the elite mostly hate each other almost as much as they hate the rest of us, and are largely inept
Amen.
>>
Separateness is an illusion, and this is backed up by our modern knowledge of physics. What we call separate things are really just the same 4 fundamental particles of matter arranged in different patterns. Calling them different things is useful at our level of detail in the universe, but it is easy to mistake them for actual separate entities. Like, imagine if your eyes saw reality at it's deepest level of detail. Your room would look like a giant mass of quarks and leptons all moving around in different patterns. There would be no distinction between yourself and the chair, because at the fundamental level, there is no distinction. What's even crazier is that quarks and leptons arranged in such a pattern, and elements arranged in such a pattern, and molecules arranged and proteins arranged, etc. results in what we call life and consciousness.
>>
>>17542054
Democracy is a fundamentally authoritarian system that developed under, and eventually overtook, monarchy as a means for social control.

Any system predicated on majority rule requires lines of separation such as borders and means of coercion such as police.

Democracy and freedom are in fundamental conflict. Also, whenever the people vote to do something unacceptable to rulers (like taking their money away), the veil democracy disappears and a military regime takes it's place.

The only way to truly make a difference is not by participating in this facade, but actively resisting the contant abuses of authority
>>
>>17542054
Cough syrup goes down easier with sprite.
>>
I am the Prince of Zamunda.
>>
Drugs kill, plants cure
>>
Evolian traditionalism really helped to tie together my interest in esotercism (mainly hermeticism), conspiracy theories, and far-right politics.
>>
>>17546945
Julius "feels=reals" Evola
>>
>>17546533

You make the most sense out of anyone I've seen in /x/
>>
>>17546533
The single smartest thing I've ever seen on /x/, in that it's just common sense.
>>
>>17545939
Your tinfoil hat is on too tight, buddy.
>>
>>17547169
>>17547177
Thanks. Know that I also believe in ghosts and psychics so take me with a grain of salt :)
>>
File: yuan-ti.png (437KB, 500x683px) Image search: [Google]
yuan-ti.png
437KB, 500x683px
>>17542621

Fuckin' yuan-ti.
>>
>>17543253
don't want to offend you but 911 was an inside job
you'd have to be a moron to think otherwise
>>
There's clearly a scheme made up by world leaders/powers that be to keep humanity from any sort of development or enlightened. Mass media is all lies; The Internet is fucking dead. Overtook by these group of people to keep power and the secrets of the world.

Those who win the wars write history. Those who win the warz need a polarized/scared society to keep their current policies a certainty.

I'm not saying it's aliums, illuminati or the jews, but it's so painfully obvious that I can't fathom the idea that just a few get it.

Feudalism and kingdoms never really ceased. Democracy is a lie. There's no god. Mass media -including the internet and social networks- are humanity's ball and chains. Life ends when you die, do what you please, look into stuff, don't be afraid to speak your mind even if it means you'll get unfriended or judged on ur social media.
>>
>>17545081
>triggered
>lets post my confusion
>prove how retarded i am
>>
File: BURNN.jpg (8KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
BURNN.jpg
8KB, 160x160px
>>17545844
>>17545861
>>
File: Hogwarts_cb8d97_1628631.gif (106KB, 450x263px) Image search: [Google]
Hogwarts_cb8d97_1628631.gif
106KB, 450x263px
>>17545857
This guy knows.

Also, don't ever trust anyone or anything that claims to give you something for nothing. Apply this principle rigorously to your life.
>>
>>17544638

why?
>>
>>17546747
How's the second semester of politology going?
>>
>>17547442
>>17546533

moar
>>
>>17542054
The tumblr-reddit confederacy will eventually overtake every board as it has this thread
>>
>>17543273

underrated + ∞
>>
>>17547771
If you want to hear more of what I think look at the determinism discussion, that was me too

>>17546373
>>17546400
and so forth
>>
>>17545834
This desu senpai
>>
>>17542054
Jesus and the bible
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (22KB, 169x238px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
22KB, 169x238px
>>17547516
>>
>>17542903
I wish I could hug you.
>>
>>17545092
FACT: interstellar was a piece of dog shit
>>
>>17542085
Totally agree about the woman bit
Thank God I'm gay.
>>
>>17542726
This so much.
>>
File: 1459527300064.jpg (46KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1459527300064.jpg
46KB, 540x405px
>>17542054
All water is a living superorganism that seeds itself on planets, using them as a substrate to grow
>>
>every negative emotion is ultimately rooted in fear
>people always have a reason for doing something and would hardly ever consider themselves as truly evil due to said reasons
>people will almost always take the easy way out whenever they can; don't be disappointed
>don't expect anything from other people you wouldn't be able to do yourself in their position
>ultimately, you're the only one you can rely on, but asking for help and gaining information from other people's experiences is nothing to be ashamed of and should be encouraged
>although all people are connected and should do their part in caring for each other, every person has a free will and is free to make their choices and mistakes; even if it hurts to see someone choose "wrong", speak your mind and let them
>being kind doesn't mean you're weak and inviting abuse; don't let fear ruin your connections to others
>if you don't know how to sustain or stop something, don't put it to use
>wisdom comes from learning, learning happens by making mistakes; avoiding making mistakes due to fear of not being good enough will prevent you from growing to be good enough
>people can be amazingly forgiving
>>
File: 1434141699469.jpg (41KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1434141699469.jpg
41KB, 500x384px
>>17548426
cont.

>you can never truly know another person, so judging them as people instead of what they do is totally pointless
>you are not your past or the media and products you consume
>change is a constant part of life; when you start to stagnate, you start dying
>everything (ideas, feelings, flora, fauna) has a right to exist
>you're not, and most likely will never be, perfect; doesn't mean you shouldn't improve yourself towards your ideal
>always keep yourself hydrated
>perfect circles don't exist, reality is polygons
>we all look equally horrifying under our skins; deciding who has the most good-looking exterior to cover it up is pointless, giving them preferential treatment even more so
>never assume responsibility or be apologetic for something you haven't done or don't agree with
>being polite doesn't mean groveling
>a relationship built on anything other than friendship, loyalty and love will turn hollow and superficial
>if your (potential) partner isn't suitable for a healthy relationship with you, just move on

Can't think of much else. Have this cute bread instead.
>>
>>17543094
>404s the good threads
what good threads
>>
>>17548426
>>17548432
Surprisingly mature for /x/ (or 4chan at all)
>>
>>17544931
Play less videogames, socialize more.
>>
>>17543463

i think the whole reptilian thing is because the part of the brain concerned with greed (which psychopaths in positions of power most definitely use the most) is the first layer reptilian part and that is reflected outwardly to people who can see through the wierd holographic conceptual haze whilst on drugs or schizo
>>
the concept of lila (life as a play) is most probably correct
>>
I just as every person in the world am capable of influencing literally any part of our universe

This world wasn't originally meant for humankind

Nothing in this world and most of things out of it can hurt me. I don't claim death as harm.
>>
>>17548447
/x/ is the best board on 4chan imo
>>
>>17542054

Learning how to read and write.

Seriously bad topic OP. Too vague.
>>
>>17545844
lol fat feminist fuck off.

honor and loyalty is the reason since primal times men have been warriors and women have been walking talking vaginas
>>
>>17545939
everyone who believes in conspiracy theories already knows this shit, your first statement was sufficient.
>>
>>17546308
what dos that even mean?
>>
>>17546373
thats some pretty shitty logic, people who hurt others don't help our species live longer and therefore must be removed from it. dont be edgy, fault and guilt exist as concepts to help us determine who is trustworthy and helpful as a species.
>>
>>17545844
>>
>>17542054
Were all gunna laugh. We're all gunna cry. And we're all gunna take painful shits.
>>
>>17543024
Don't /thread your own posts and op is a faggot
>>
File: 1449842735439.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1449842735439.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>17548548
>>17545844
Huh. Picture didn't send.
>>
>>17542454
Exactly. We are to believe that the universe outside of us is where we will find God. However, it is quite the versa vice. So in that sense, stop becoming attached to everything around you - material will not bring one closer to understanding the meaning of this world we are cast into as universal incarnates.
>>
>the despair code
>>
>>17548597
Baha best gif ever
>>
>>17546747
its even worst, popular demand gets the right to chose?
people are EASY manipulated, are fucking dumb as shit, and the guy who has the reason?
fuck him up ofc, we are doomed to this shit.
as propaganda and pop culture just keep spoiling and rotting the young and in 4 years the adulthood thus, the ones who choses.

on the other hand there is the intellectualism that it wouldn't work either thanks to the evil fucking nature of the EGO, ''my fucking will shall prevail over everyone except me,'' taking advantage and oh well...
i would keep going on but further than this is just shitpost.
>>
>>17542054
cat's can control weak minded humans.
There is something that all religions call god in their own way, but its far from any of their attempts of explanation.
>>
>>17548547
I fail to see how that contests anything I said. When I say fault and guilt are irrational, I don't mean that they don't have use, in fact I described the opposite. What I'm saying is that the concept that a person "deserves" something on account of some "wrong" action, is irrational.
>>
Be nice to anyone and very soon you'll be a laughing stock.
Don't talk too much. Don't emote very often.
Don't get into drugs. Don't start drinking.
Don't talk about yourself.
Don't fuck around with girls too often or you'll develop a reputation and when you finally come to your senses and want to settle down, no girl will be willing to do it with you.
Time really does heal everything. So does work.
Other people of your own gender will get jealous as fuck if you displaying any kind of superiority towards them, even unintentionally.
Rumors are spread like wildfire and people remember them for years.
>>
>>17544119
Yes but sometimes mistakes happen due to unforeseen circumstances. Also, people aren't robots. Not everyone has ~perfect, infallible logic~ like you, precious. Human beings learn from fucking up.
Thread posts: 203
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.