[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me write this play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 10

File: 2016-04-02 02.14.26.jpg (1MB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-02 02.14.26.jpg
1MB, 1440x1440px
I'm writing a play about these four school shooters in Hell. I've been doing research and I've been wondering, how would you say each shooter's individual personality was like? Also, what should I read or watch in order to get some good research? Also, I've hear different accounts of Eric and Dylan's friendship. I heard some accounts where Dylan was just being used by Eric for the shooting while some say it was Dylan who came up with the concept and used Eric after he didn't find a partner and found his anger useful. Which one's the truth?
>>
MK Ultra.
>>
while I find this idea interesting, it really doesn't need to be done

what statement are you trying to make with this?
or do you also just find the concept interesting?

because if you dont have a purpose or a statement to make, you should just leave those boys in hell where they belong and end it there.

these people dont need any more recognition
>>
>>17537208
I do have a purpose, and yes I do find the concept interesting. I want to explore their motives and kind of humanize them when they have been subject to being exaples of psychopaths by the people who remember them. I want to write a play that explores how the media themselves not only immortalize these people but also create them without trying to make it sound pretentious or preachy.
>>
>>17537216
so in order to humanize them youre going to examine them, while they are in hell?

that seems, backwards

youd be better of going through their childhoods and the slow decent into madness. from each person to person in order of their crime ending each story right before the shooting. showing the similarities will sort of shock people but yet put into perspective of how these psychologies delevlop and how our society is manufacturing pyschos .that gives you a better idea of how one shooting leads to another in a way. how the cycle of tragedy starts and continues.

maybe end the whole thing with just a brief encounter between the four in hell contemplating both what led them their and how they might feel about it now.

finding out childhood stories might be hard, but odds are you can fudge a lot of it because really we can guess what starts to push someone over the edge
>>
>>17537197
Do you think Eric an Dylan were experimented on? After stealing that electronics shit from that truck?
>>
>>17537229
You can substitute hell with any sort of after-life or limbo, it would be abstracted.

In any case, their pasts would be explored by the interractions between the four in which they reveal themselves to each other. I want to focus on keeping the action very contained within one setting to keep it simple for the most part but also to signify their loneliness with a sort of segregation between them and most of society.

I want to hear their voice as if they were recounting their crimes and reflecting upon what they did.
>>
>>17537329
If youre building youre whole story around the interactions between the 4 in some hypothetical afterlife then you can just bullshit their opinions because you have no way of knowing how theyd feel about it now.

you just want to write about 4 losers reflecting on what losers they are? just take 4chan posts and piece a story together. it wont have any depth but itll give you the story you want. trying showing instead of telling.

>keep it simple

dont bother writing then really, if you arent going to put true effort into a story like this then it doesnt need to exist
>>
>>17537195
Eric being the mastermind and Dylan being the follower is the most common theory. If I were you, I would focus on their relationship the most, because they weren't as batshit crazy as the others and there's still a lot to be said about the Columbine incident.

>>17537329
Personally, I think hell would be the best place to put them. I mean, what they did was quite obviously bad, so most of the public would be a little unnerved if they ended up somewhere that isn't hell.
>>
>>17537341
Yeah, my intention is Hell but I wouldn't make it look all fire and brimstone.

>>17537340
What I meant with keep it simple is that you can place so much of a narrative within a confined space and without scene transitions. Look at 12 Angry Men for example.
>>
>>17537341
this as well

not making it straight up hell is a pussy move really

its like saying "oh yeah they were bad, but they didnt mean to be so they dont have to go to hell"

they can be as remorseful or not as you please but they belong in hell regardless. thats kind of the point of hell
>>
>>17537352
you can but why?

that doesnt mean it works every time. in this case it would just be boring.

it just sounds like you dont want to make scene transitions because youre lazy.
>>
>>17537360
further more, 12 angry men only works because of the characters with in it all have different view points and personal biases which keep the story rolling in and of itself.

these guys dont have enough personality variation between the 4 of them to create any sort of discussion that can matter in an afterlife situation

"shit man remember that killing spree"
"oh dude that was wild"
"maybe we shouldnta done that"
"welp dont matter now were in hell!"

what are you going to call it?

4 regretful douchebags?
>>
>>17537386
H4tefull Four
>>
File: 1238544064491.jpg (26KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1238544064491.jpg
26KB, 200x150px
>>17537612
top notch
>>
>>17537195

>I've been doing research and I've been wondering, how would you say each shooter's individual personality was like?

Probably were all /x/ lurkers
>>
>>17537195
No Easy Answers by Brooks Brown is a good book on the Columbine shooting. Brooks Brown was one of their friends so that'll probably the best book to find out about their personality.
>>
>>17537642
i'm that anon again.

something i forgot: Dave Cullen's book is apparently not so good but i didn't read it. As for Dylan Klebold you might already know that his mother Sue Klebold recently published a book (A Mother's Reckoning: Living in the Aftermath of Tragedy), so that might be worth a read for you.

Good luck for your project, it looks interesting
>>
ill just leave this here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3Kc8uzRRes
>>
>>17537649
Cullen's book is complete bullshit don't read it. Look up videos that hey made, so you can get a pretty good insight on their personalities
>>
>>17537627
This, just study certain boards like /pol/, /x/ or /r9k/ and you could probably piece together solid personalities

I have a silly little idea to do a web comic on Eric and Dylan's relationship and childhoods (specifically Eric), make it yaoi bait for twisted fujos, make them human and sympathetic but ultimately wrong, etc which would piss people off because Columbine is kind of off limits still. I dunno if I would change their names to have some tact or just go for it. It's an idea anyway, probably not gonna do shit with it but still fun to kick around.

Do it, op. Just got the weirdest captcha right now too.
>>
>>17537354
or, hell doesn't exist so you find out that when you die you go to the same place as all of these guys for eternity anyway.
>>
>>17537195
Eric Harris- completely consumed with violence at the end but most people thought he was a pretty good guy for most of his life. He was also a big liar, at least in the last year. Still, if anyone had really thought about what he was saying, they probably would have been concerned but they didn't care until it was way too late.

He felt powerless (he was a small guy, about 5 foot 8/9). He was angry and also suicidal but his stated reason for killing was usually his dislike of the entire system that allowed totally average, unintelligent people who gave up their individuality and didn't think for themselves to fit in and thrive and left anyone else screwed. At Columbine HS, there were a bunch of kids who didn't fit in and they suffered for it. Eric became kind of a bully later on but don't let anyone fool you into thinking that he wasn't bullied too.

He wanted a girlfriend but he mostly couldn't get girls to stick around for more than one or two dates. Many experts believe he was a psychopath but I don't really. He seemed like he wanted to connect and he was just bad at it.

He had a bad temper and if friends upset him he would sometimes turn on them and vandalize their houses with other friends. Brooks' family brought his internet threats of violence to the police over a year before the massacre.

It was supposed to be a bomb attack that took out hundreds of students but the bomb in the cafeteria failed that day so they had to improvise. Eric wanted to make a statement if he was going to die but he also wanted to live out his Doom fantasies in real life because it was all he lived for in his last year. He wanted to be remembered if he was going to die. He thought the spree would bring him the respect he didn't get in life.

He wore a tshirt that said "Natural Selection" when they went on their spree and he dreamed of a world where he was the ultimate judge of life and death and most of humanity was destroyed, except for him and the people he liked.
>>
Dylan Klebold- obsessed with finding his one true love. He thought and wrote constantly about some (or more than one) mystery girl who he silently worshipped and thought that if they could be together he would be happy.

He was very shy and didn't feel like he could tell anyone about how unhappy he was. He was writing about suicide from sometime in 97 and about going on a shooting spree soon after that. He wanted to get a gun so he could do one or the other.

Dylan was a little bit smarter than Eric, in my estimation. He had been in a program for gifted students as a child that gave him more freedom than the average kid. He valued his independent thinking and he thanked his parents for teaching him that.

He was taller than Eric (over 6 feet) so he said he didn't have as many problems with "jocks" as Eric did but he couldn't stand that they got all the respect, girls and happiness. There are still incidents of bullying toward him though and his life at school was somewhat unhappy because he was just so shy.

At least toward the end, he was a little bit loopy. His thinking was all about "existence" and how he was a god but he was doomed to live in a human body with all the other humans who didn't understand what it was like to be him.

He went to prom 3 days before the attack with a female friend (the one who bought guns for them) but he never really dated a girl, except for a couple weeks in (I think) his junior year.

He wanted revenge in a lot of ways but he mostly wanted to die and this was how he chose to do it. He wore a tshirt that said "Wrath" and he hoped/thought he would go on to an afterlife where he wasn't constrained by the limitations of this world. He laughed frequently during the shooting and may not have had a good grasp on reality by that point (or maybe he did and it was just exactly what he wanted to do).
>>
>>17537195
You are not writing a play or any other piece of fiction meant for public consumption. This here, /x/ is your sole medium of communication. Embrace it honestly. You'll get something worthwhile out of it if you stop fucking lying and kidding yourself. Start again OP. Your next post will be your sincere attempt to communicate your desire for discourse regarding this topic. And it will be received better due simply to your honesty.
>>
Get a copy of that book titled, appropriately, "Columbine". I was in middle school when Columbine happened. I remember the day it happened very clearly. I thought I knew a lot about it. I learned so much, especially about the type of people they were. Eric Harris was, apparently, incredibly socialble.
>>
>>17538264
I Certainly hope hes not preparing it for a public audience

cause so far it sucks
>>
>>17538224
>>17538247
In terms of the friendship, I believe it was a total partnership. Neither one led the other. They just had similar fantasies of hurting other people to release their pain and they egged each other on. In some ways they both used each other to get what they wanted. I do believe Eric felt he had someone he could connect to with Dylan but I suspect Dylan wasn't quite as fond of Eric but didn't feel like anyone else was there. I believe they considered each other best friends though.

I don't think either of them coerced the other into going along with the plan though. I think they both walked into it making their own choices because they weren't totally dependent on each other to the point that they would be desperate to please the other with mass murder.

I think for the most part that Eric was the brains behind the tactical planning but Dylan was probably more of the "idea man" in terms of finding reasons to justify their behavior. I think they complemented each other's thinking and it just worked out that way because neither one was going to change their mind. I think they both hated the idea of conformity in a lot of ways and this was the only way they saw of staying true to themselves. Plus, there was a ton of pent up anger on both sides and they finally had the freedom to express it (in an unthinkably cruel way).

In Jan 98 they broke into a van together to steal electronics and got arrested a short time later. Both boys found the event humiliating and the shooting was, to a small extent, revenge for that.

Oh, also, Eric's nickname was REB (rebel) and Dylan's was VoDKa (I think because he drank a whole bottle of vodka one night but I can't remember if that's true). They were both just totally immature and totally lost but they thought they had it all figured out at 17/18 years old.
>>
>>17538288
I could go on a little about Lanza if you want but I doubt you're still here. I don't know much about Cho.
>>
>>17538293
Oh yeah, I'm here. I just wanted to thank you after you were done. It's been great so far. Where did you get this info?
>>
>>17538281
I watched this unfold through the then better, and rather dispassionate lense of Canadian News Media as a teen. Each and every new news blip contradicted the last in at least a small way. Memory is a fucking useless tool in regards to these things, but I assure you I have a better memory than most- and that's not a boast, it's a fucking curse. The story is fucked and wrong and will NEVER be made clear. This is not the avenue to go down if you want to learn about the world. You will learn nothing of value- you will get pieces that are tasty that will lead and lead and.. nothing.
>>
>>17538299
I've been reading into Columbine for a little while now. Some of the stuff I said was personal opinion so keep that in mind and don't hesitate to form your own understanding because I'm certainly not the ultimate authority (but really, no one is). I feel like I've gotten a pretty good picture by now (though I've looked more deeply into Eric and I left out a bunch of stuff about him because of the word limit) and their writings and things that other people said about them give some insight into who they were before.

The best information is really the police documents because it's from the people who were there and who knew or interacted with them and you can see who said what. But you can start by reading through stuff on this website (because it's pretty accurate and has lots of document excerpts) so you can get the overall story much more quickly:

acolumbinesite.com

acolumbinesite does have the 11K documents and other police records from the investigation so you can read them there but a doctor who has done extensive research and written several books about mass murderers runs this website:

schoolshooters.info

where you can read the documents as well. He also has his impressions and comparisons and he has indexes of the documents so you can look for specific information.

He also has info on Lanza and Cho there.

There are other websites but I mainly look to these for the facts.

There are some interesting articles if you look around enough. You can look at westword.com articles since that was the Denver paper and the ones in the first months have some interesting (though not always totally reliable) info.

Another good site for Lanza info is this site:
https://sandyhooklighthouse.wordpress.com/2013/09/07/timeline-adam-lanzas-life-and-online-activity/

The whole thing is great but you can start there, with the timeline overview of his life.
>>
>>17538471
Experts are without fail hired shills. There's a reason gangsters kill witnesses- that's the best there is. In a case of mass anything, things get all fucked up. That guy wore red, no blue, no a hoodie.. fuck that. There is a reason these things are cloudy and that reason is too much stimuli for any one witness to properly witness. If it is a huge cover-up, cases like these lend themselves to that trope. WE CAN NEVER BE SURE. I know I would be fucked to accurately detail a horrible event like that if I was in it. Fuck, I can't remember accurately who caught what and when sitting on a boat when the trout are biting. Here's a thought, great fishing stories are as vague as mass shooting stories. The only people who know are dead, or will be if they spill the beans.
>>
>>17537195
>great fishing stories are as vague as mass shooting stories. The only people who know are dead, or will be if they spill the beans
nuff said
>>
It's all a little boy's game. Scale it up or down as much as you like. Spiderman said it, great power, yada yada. With great power comes even greater power to make things go away, even if you thought those things were for the greater good, or your good, you, we, can make them go away.
>>
>>17537195
Well OP, I haven't read through the whole thread yet, so someone might have given my answer already.
But a good movie to look into for ideas about personalities would be Zero Day
>>
They were all on fell good pills
>>
Mind controlled people don't go to hell. That how the controllers justify it.
>>
>>17537197
sources?
>>
fuck humanity
>>
>>17540885

Google it ya fool. Tons of infomation out there
>>
stop right now. cross out hell and write heaven instead.
>>
>>17537195
This might be the cringiest thing I've ever read.
>>
>>17537195
Well, besides this being a really stupid play concept. The truth among the school was, Dylan and Eric both used each other. Dylan was much more shy, and Eric actually had friends, but Dylan did not have the nerve to do anything, then when they did do something it was Dylan who enjoyed it while Eric had second thoughts and started crying during the shooting. There is also talk of a homosexual encounter referenced in the banned and illegal basement tapes. It was a complicated thing, Eric actually had friends and spoke to girls, yet was the main driving energy and planner, Dylan could not speak to anybody but ended up enjoying it the most and participating in the actual shooting the most.
>>
OP, do you know what a play even is? Have you seen theater? Have you read any actual plays?

Plays, while some are fantastical, are still grounded in some sort of reality. They have some allusion to societal norms and have an opinion on the world outside the stage. I am not seeing anything about your play that can be anything more than a character study (and I'm using that term very generously).

If this gets out to the public, I promise you you will be hated.
>>
>>17542707
What a thought-policing asshole you are.

Pretending that there's no purpose in writing something like this because YOU can't understand why it might work and then threatening him with universal hate.
>>
hey OP,
have you read No Exit by Satre?
VERY famous play set in Hell. I think you should read it, and after you have more of your play together, at some point, anyway, ask /lit/ for advice. Just don't go there till you've familiarized yourself with No Exit, cause it will come up. Probably the Faust legend, too. (maybe read Goeth's Faust and The Picture of Dorian Gray.) They're both readers and writers over there, but they're extremely intellectual.

if you know your stuff, I'd like to think you could get tips and minimal razzing there. and you seem too, as you don't seem too fazed by the utter BS posted by some of the /x/weirdos here.

good luck!
>>
>>17543818
p.s. just a thought, eric and dylan weren't the same psychotic as Cho or Lanza. Will you explore that in your piece? Have you thought about using other killers more similar to them? like Dylan Roof or Timothy McVeigh?
>>
>>17543829
Some experts think Dyan may have had mild psychotic symptoms. It's also unknown whether Adam Lanza was truly psychotic. He seemed to have had some hallucinations at times (that caused him to be very paranoid and fearful) but we don't know how much that factored in to his spree.

Roof and McVeigh killed for political ideology but Harris/Klebold were no more ideologically inspired than Adam Lanza, in a way. H/K claimed they wanted to start a revolution but it was a lot more personal than that because they wanted revenge on the people in their lives who made them feel like outcasts. Adam Lanza talked a lot about American (and human) culture being destructive or having negative implications that caused isolation, putting us under unnatural restraints that naturally cause a person to explode in anger.

Here's one of Lanza's posts that may shed light on his motives:

“American mass murders were less prevalent before Richard Speck precipitated their rise in 1966. My best estimate for the -absolute- minimum amount of mass murders in the US since 1966 is 960. I would be surprised if there weren’t a minimum of somewhere around 1500 in reality, but we’ll just vaguely say that there have been over 1000. If you were trying to measure alienation in a society, what could be a more blatant indication? And it’s glib to dismiss them as not being indicative of anything just because there have been over a thousand of them instead of over a hundred thousand, or however many you think are necessary, because mass murdering is so ridiculously over-the-top of a response that very few people are prone to do it under any circumstances. But just look at how many fans you can find for all different types of mass murderers ”not just the [Columbine killers]”...

cont 1/2
>>
>>17545379
[Columbine killers]”, and beyond these fans are countless more people who can sympathize with them; and beyond these are millions more who never think of relating the circumstances of their lives to anyone else but instead just go through the motions of life incessantly dissatisfied with their environment. Thinking of this society as the default state of existence is the reason why you think that humans would be “not well” for “no reason whatsoever”. Civilization has not been present for 99% of the existence of hominids, and the only way that it’s ever sustained is by indoctrinating each new child for years on end. The “wellness” that you speak of is solely defined by a child’s submission to this process and their subsequent capacity to propagate civilization themselves. When civilization exists in a form where all forms of alienation (among many other things) are rampant, as can be seen in the most recent incarnation within the last fifty years which AS55 talked about, new children will end up “not well” in all sorts of ways. You don’t even have to touch a topic as cryptic as mass murder to see an indication of this: you can look at a single symptom as egregious as the proliferation of antidepressants. And look in your own life. You’ve said that you’re afflicted by unrelenting anxiety and that you’re afraid to leave your house. Do you really think that the way you feel is not symptomatic of anything other than your own inexplicable defectiveness?”

2/2

Sounds like he may have been politically motivated to some extent. And if not politically motivated, then at least he was explaining how he thinks this all happens so often.
>>
>>17537195
You're a faggot OP. One of the reason people do shit like this is to become famous. If we want them to stop we just need to call them faggots once and then ignore them.
>>
>>17537195
Top left:
>chaotic
>impulsive
>short tempered
>kinda confident

Top right
>hateful, spiteful
>feelings of inferiority
>god fantasies

Bot left:
>dry
>autism
>intelligent, thoughtful
>can't fit it, feels like alien
>introspective, self reflective
>analytic

Bot right:
>absolute robot in the literal (non r9k) sense

desu it's really hard to assume anything about Cho. Motherfucker didn't leave many hints. Probably extremely tormented/obsessed by violent fantasies.

Either way the first two were humans with human desires fears and anxieties who you could emphasize with pretty easily or think they were cool (as some of their classmates did). They just got the shit end of the stick by chance. The last two were unintelligible for humans. They existed on whole another level. Normies wouldn't be able to even comprehend them even in the smallest.

I may be the Lansa type :(
>>
>>17545522
That's an oversimplified understanding. Fame is usually the last piece of the puzzle, on top of everything else.

You say "ignore it and it will go away" and that's not true. They already downplay these people by referring to them as "shooters" much of the time but it continues to happen because fame is usually a small part of it. There are plenty of other ways to gain fame, respect or power if you still believe that you are ever going to be capable of succeeding in society.

And understanding someone is different from glorifying what they did but most people think in black and white terms about this and even mentioning their names is taboo.

I think there's something to be learned from every single one of these cases. The majority (probably all) of these people felt isolated and marginalized by their society. Your solution is to encourage people to shut up, stop talking. To further marginalize people for having an interest in these issues and then ignore/hope/pray it all away. Doesn't sound very productive to me.
>>
>>17545569
No wonder you say such complimentary things about Lanza if you identify with him. He was definitely highly intelligent, a lot more sophisticated than Harris, Klebold or Cho but I would disagree that he was all that self-reflective.

He seemed incapable of looking at his own issues without bias. Society can be blamed for marginalizing him to an extent but what were they supposed to do about the OCD symptoms, paranoia, issues with sunlight, hallucinations if he wouldn't submit to treatment? How were they supposed to accept and welcome him if he turned himself into a recluse because of an inability to deal with the world (for whatever reason). Lanza never gave the world a chance.

In some sense, I feel terribly for him, because I believe he could have done amazing things but he seemed tortured by his mental illness. The problem is that he chose to blame society fully and would not accept any responsibility for his own actions that made everything worse. He also didn't have the courage to confront his issues and move past them so he could fix what he saw wrong in society. Instead he chose to gun down a bunch of children and then kill himself. No one will ever take his intelligence and insight into society seriously now because of how he handled it all. Just a total waste. Of the children's lives, of the adults' lives, of his mother's life, of his own.

I also think you are a bit off about Harris and Klebold but I'll leave that for another time I guess.
>>
>>17545708
>but I would disagree that he was all that self-reflective
Yeah I was actually regretting putting that up on the list. He may have aswell lacked any kind of self awareness.

>He seemed incapable of looking at his own issues without bias
It wasn't just about his own issues though. He saw society itself as inherently incompatible with human nature. He studied the case of Travis the chimp and concluded from that that humans innately aren't accustomed to a life in civilization and that only aftera thorough 'preparation' in childhood is their coexistence made possible. But conflict between human nature and what modern society demands constantly manifests itself as stress, depression, various anxieties and possibly increasing antisocial tendencies. This is why psychological problems seem to be becoming more common and more and more people grow dependent on various pills. Travis lived a life of a normal child. Brushed his teeth, watched TV using the remote, browsed the computer to watch pictures and whatnot. One day though he mauled his owners friend into pieces and was killed by police when attempting to kill owner. I guess this was a prime demonstration to Lanza of the inevitability of a violent end to the conflict of humanity vs society. I came upon this when researching the behavioral sink so I do have to admit his views didn't seem that far off the mark to me.

>No wonder you say such complimentary things about Lanza
I wouldn't say they're complimentary if they come with the alienation.

>I also think you are a bit off about Harris and Klebold but I'll leave that for another time I guess.
Yeah I was going by the memes and gut feeling mostly. The small research I did was more into what they did than what they were. But I'm pretty sure I was right about Dylan being more confident than Eric. Wasn't there a girl who was into him who he disregarded for some reason?
>>
>>17543021
Yeah 4chan isn't a place to look for any sort of useful tips in the first place. There's nothing thought provoking about this "story". It's just self serving fan fiction you find on deviantart or live journal.
>>
File: human c.jpg (14KB, 510x287px) Image search: [Google]
human c.jpg
14KB, 510x287px
>>17537195
>Hell
you mean Valhalla?
>>
File: 1455372208279.gif (2MB, 300x241px) Image search: [Google]
1455372208279.gif
2MB, 300x241px
>>17537340
>you just want to write about 4 losers reflecting on what losers they are? just take 4chan posts and piece a story together
>>
>>17547380
There have been great pieces of art made about Nazis, gangsters, wars, rapes, murders but there is nothing thought provoking in this story because..you say so.
>>
>>17537627
>Put on the tinfoil hat for too long
>Get fried
>mfw everyone is conspiring against me in school
>>
>>17537195
Name my band /x/?
>>
>>17547450
WE WUZ VIKANGZ
>>
>>17537195

They all have one thing in common, MK Ultra.
>>
>>17537729
YOU SHOULD SO DO THIS
(post it on /x/ when done)
>>
>>17537329
you going to need some tarantino level dialogue there, can you make it?
>>
>>17540885
he doesnt have any. he just threw out a random /x/ bait word
>>
File: 654.jpg (5KB, 228x175px) Image search: [Google]
654.jpg
5KB, 228x175px
>>17537729
I second this, you get the schizophrenia aspect of /x/ and the Racist, genocidal aspect of /pol/. I don't frequent /r9k/ so I have no basis of what types of people that lurk there.

I would def enjoy it.
>>
>>17549352
R9k is lonely autists
>>
>>17537729
a lot of people already do columbine stuff with a sexual tone (art/writing), some of it yaoi type stuff, some of it not.
>>
>>17537208
>while I find this idea interesting, it really doesn't need to be done

If you think about, no art really needs to be done. No art is actually necessary for life. But art still gets made in spite of that. And sometimes controversial art like OP's play gets made.
>>
This is /x/, so you can't forget the part with the shadow people.
>>
>>17537216
Doing the good work anon no one can see the connections between the shooters start adding it up your on the right path anon
>>
Not to be like the other naysayers OP, go ahead with your play if you want but its just going to look like shock value edginess to others. That's just the way the majority is.
>>
>>17545569
>desu it's really hard to assume anything about Cho. Motherfucker didn't leave many hints. Probably extremely tormented/obsessed by violent fantasies.

"In 1999, during the spring of Cho's eighth grade year, the Columbine High School massacre made international news. Cho was transfixed by it. "I remember sitting in Spanish class with him, right next to him, and there being something written on his binder to the effect of, you know, ' 'F' you all, I hope you all burn in hell,' which I would assume meant us, the students," said Ben Baldwin, a classmate of Cho.[29] Also, Cho wrote in a school assignment about wanting to "repeat Columbine". The school contacted Cho's sister, who reported the incident to their parents. Cho was sent to a psychiatrist.[30]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seung-Hui_Cho#Early_life_and_education

This is something that stuck me out to me when I read about Cho a few years ago. The fact that he felt inspired by Eric and Dylan's actions. Now whether he still had these feelings about Columbine when he did his own shooting six years later is up to debate. However let''s say he did. In that case, Cho could considered a copycat killer in some sense. Eric and Dylan could have also been idols or inspirations to him. Their actions could have been one of the things that inspired Cho to do his shooting. OP could work this stuff into Cho's character. You could show the reactions when Cho meets Eric and Dylan. You could also show the reactions of Eric and Dylan when they see how Cho views them and how the two feel about their shooting being a source of inspiration for Cho's.
>>
>>17537195
OP, don't listen to the naysayers in this thread. Do take the actual advice and legitimate criticism into consideration. But don't just give up on doing this play because people think the concept is stupid or edgy. It's not stupid. This really does have a potential to be an interesting study into the people who committed these horrific actions. And their personalities and motives for their shootings are distinct from each other.

As for the people who say the concept is edgy and try-hard. Well a lot of plays and other forms of art probably have been considered edgy and try-hard by people. And whether something is edgy and try-hard is often up to the perspective of an individual. And saying something shouldn't be made because you think it's edgy feels very dismissive and close-minded, in this case at least. And it's not like the art and entertainment world hasn't already focused on school shootings and the people behind them. Just look at films like Zero Day and Elephant.

People here also say that we shouldn't give these people attention and that's why OP's play shouldn't be made. Well the truth is we have and do give these people attention. However it's not stuff like OP's play where most of the attention derives from. It's actually the news media, by sensationalizing these shooting and those who commit them, finding everything they can about them, salivating at any new information. Ever notice how ever since Columbine, mass shootings like it keep happening every few years? I bet you one of the reasons why is because of the way the news media reports on them. So the attention that OP's play gives to the shooters would be minimal compared to the amount of attention the news media gives them.
>>
You should write the top fellas as doom-obsessed beavis and butthead style morons who constantly spaz out and imitate shotgun sounds etc
>>
>>17537195

make it a musical
>>
>>17553384
"Springtime for Columbine: A Gay Romp With Eric and Dylan in Littleton"
>>
>>17553200
Kek
>>
>>17537195
Buncha spoiled suburban shits who acted out because the world was a mean doo-doo head to them.

Yeah, real compelling characters.
>>
>>17553483
More compelling than some faggot who sits on his ass all day and trashes them on the internet 20 years later.

Go shoot up your school anon, and then maybe you'll get some attention too. No need to be jealous.
>>
File: 1441408055178.jpg (49KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1441408055178.jpg
49KB, 600x400px
>>17553419
I would donate to see that in action
>>
>>17553493
Hahahaha. Check out this little edgelord.
>>
>>17553532
He is right, though.
>>
>>17537195
Strangely enough I actually met Klebold, probably a year and a half or two before the shooting. Had coffee with him and some friend of his for about 40 minutes in a coffee shop.

He was extremely soft spoken, but seemed friendly enough. Laughed at jokes, smiled, was polite. We were all the weird kids naturally in all black hanging out at a coffee house instead of going to school.

His personality honestly was unremarkable, he didnt give me the creeps or weird me out, he was just kind of a shy and meek goth kid.

I know everyone likes to bash the two for basically being whiny little shits, but I think its important to note that the school district columbine was in was notoriously shitty. They gave almost no attention to academics or the wellbeing of their students at all, almost all attention went into fundraising and sports programs to the point that they ignored obvious safety hazards on campus to fund organized sports instead. I had also gone to school in the district a few years before the event and it was a shitty time.

Im not excusing their actions but I dont feel the school district was ever held fully responsible for the role they played in making such a crappy environment for students.
>>
>>17553560
>dylan klebold
>goth kid
sounds like bullshit to me
>>
Honestly, it sounds like it'll be rough to pull off, but if you do, it could be really mindblowing.

If you could find a way to somehow justify the actions.. or rather give people a glimpse into the mindset that allows someone to do what they did.

Maybe also touch on the relativity of good and evil. If you can do it in a profound way, it would be something Id really like to see.

Then again, I'm one of those horrible shits that really becomes fascinated with people that find themselves able to commit humongous evil acts like they did. That used to be a big thing in the 90's but people aren't so keen on it these days.
>>
File: 2774273ho003-columbine.jpg (48KB, 635x476px) Image search: [Google]
2774273ho003-columbine.jpg
48KB, 635x476px
>>17553587
Who else wears trenchcoats, honestly
>>
>>17553587
Dont know what to tell you man, it was a goth coffee shop, full of goth kids, all black, eyeliner, trenchcoats, poetry reading, all the faggy goth shit we did. He was in all black with the rest of us, in a black trenchcoat, drinking coffee and listening to faggy goth poetry.

I mean you can have whatever image you want of him broseph, but that's what happened.

also this:
>>17553724
>>
>>17553724
spies (pic related)

>>17553935
i think he was somewhat into goth stuff and had some gothy friends but from all accounts, wearing black clothes and a black trenchcoat was as far as it went (aside from the faggy poetry). he didn't wear makeup or nail polish or take it to a full-on goth persona and no one who knew him ever referred to him as a goth as far as i know.

anyway, your other points are valid and i agree with them but i just had to say that because he wasn't goth and even the black clothes stuff was relatively new (only for a couple of years before he died).

anything else you could say about him? you say he was soft spoken but do you remember anything specific he talked about? i still doubt your story but why not ask. also, what were the names of the mutual friend that brought you two together? what was the name of the coffee house?
>>
File: secret-spy-trench-coat-bc-806446.jpg (81KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
secret-spy-trench-coat-bc-806446.jpg
81KB, 1600x1600px
>>17554703
i forgot pic
>>
>>17553724
Nazis? Just sayin'. I feel they were disturbed youths tho.
>>
>>17545955
>I came upon this when researching the behavioral sink so I do have to admit his views didn't seem that far off the mark to me.
I agree

>I wouldn't say they're complimentary if they come with the alienation.
Point taken

>But I'm pretty sure I was right about Dylan being more confident than Eric. Wasn't there a girl who was into him who he disregarded for some reason?
Yes, there was a girl who supposedly wanted to date Dylan but I don't know if she ever expressed that to him directly. Still, Dylan was probably less confident than Eric. He was extremely shy (Eric was too but grew out of that a little bit, later on in his life) and felt like he had no friends and no one who understood him at all. He had been described as more of a "follower" a few times so he basically went along with whatever his friends wanted a lot of the time. I would not use the word confident to describe Dylan Klebold, even in comparison to Eric.
>>
>>17537195
Are they room mates in hell? Is it a sitcom? I think that'd have some potential.
>>
File: 1.gif (8KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
8KB, 645x773px
>>17538247
>Dylan Klebold- obsessed with finding his one true love. He thought and wrote constantly about some (or more than one) mystery girl who he silently worshipped and thought that if they could be together he would be happy.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.