[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were the SAR stories true?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

I,like many others have read the Reddit thread about the SAR officers stories. ( found here https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/3ppq81/im_a_search_and_rescue_officer_for_the_us_forest/ ) . I wonder how much of these were actually real, Are the stairs really a thing? Or was the whole thing fictional/fake. He wrote in a very convincing way so I dont know what to think. Either way it was an intresting reading.
>>
>>17531654
I heard that it was mostly real. One of my friends knows a SAR officer, when I asked him about the stairs he acted confused like he had never heard about that before and changed the subject.
>>
>>17531673
But I got confused beacuse on his tumblr he wrote that they were fictional but then i he posted a picture of stairs in the middle of nowhere.
>>
After the 7th entry or so he states he will continue the "story" in book form
Yep fiction, if you wanted to know
>>
>>17531681
That's both intresting how he made so many people belive his stories but also a bit dissapointing with the stairs and that stuff.
>>
>>17531748
Some stories are based on facts that I've read in books

Not sure about the stars at all though but the missing people stories are somewhat factual
>>
People disappear in the woods every now and then. You can read some of David Paulides material if you're interested in all that noise. Here's him discussing disappearances on C2C http://youtu.be/6o2edkA1Ud0
>>
>>17531788
I don't chalk it up to spooky stairs though.
>>
No sleep is pure fiction.
>>
>>17531788
I heard that David got some shit due to that thread since it was factual and he reffered to David
>>
File: bufflaugh.jpg (15KB, 324x291px) Image search: [Google]
bufflaugh.jpg
15KB, 324x291px
>>17531673
Imagine if your friend asked you if a mysterious giant lolipop ever appeared in the middle of the McDonalds you worked at. You would probably be confused and change the fucking topic.
>>
>>17531654
>Were the SAR stories true?

well, uh

>posted on a subreddit for fiction
>on guy's personal website he admit's he never even did SAR, just had a friend who trained in it for a summer
>stupid subreddit rule that commenters have to pretend that the stories are all real or they get banned tricks idiots into thinking the stories are true

i must be a disinfo agent
>>
>>17531654
no, it was a piss poor attempt at taking a good thread and going "deeper" with weird alternate realties scares. The real, regular stories where fine and interesting, these were pathetic. Look at any of those dumb writing prompts they have. Its all childish garbage
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.