[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An indescribable feeling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: $_57.jpg (284KB, 1600x1390px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
284KB, 1600x1390px
Every once in a while, I get this feeling. and I'm not sure what triggers it.
It has happened many different kinds of moments. I even remember it happening when I was a kid.

The first time I remember it, I was seven or eight years old, playing some ps1 game with my brother. I microwaved some taquitos, and as I ate them, I noticed the soft, grainy texture of the tortilla. I was dizzy for some reason (normal for me as a kid) so I laid down on the floor.
There was carpeting on the floor and usually it was very comfy as a kid. Except this time the floor felt kind of like the tortilla, but also like a rock.

The feeling is hard and soft at the same time, and you can feel it somewhere in your brain or on your head. When I feel it I get more and more anxious, trying to pinpoint the feeling or what it means.

Sometimes I catch myself thinking, "That's what the 'real me' is feeling right now, somewhere out there," like I'm in the matrix and getting a glimpse through it.

Has anyone felt something similar?
>>
>>17527526
You have some sort of weird anxiety disorder and or/other mental issues. This is not /x/. Go talk to a therapist.
>>
Sounds like a petite mal seizure or the onset of one. Seizures sometimes activate certain pathways in the brain that can cause strange feelings.
>>
Sounds like episodes of self-remembering, glimpses of your "self".
>>
Sounds like it could be dissociation to me. I've experienced something somewhat similar before in a dissociated state. This is a mental issue though, not paranormal at all.
>>
All this is extremely hard to describe, I'll just say that I used to have extraordinarily bizarre episodes during fevers as a child. The room seemed the size of the universe. There was an uncanny and inexplicable sense of big and small at the same time or fluxing back and forth. The ceiling as I looked at it would seem to be alternately right in front of my face or miles away. Turning my head one inch to the side on my pillow seemed like an infinite, impossible task. I couldn't even shuffle down the hallway to the bathroom, it felt like I was hurtling at 100 mph.

I've done some searching and people online have coalesced around the term "Alice in Wonderland Syndrome", check that out and see if it sounds familiar. Maybe my brain was swelling, maybe it is seizures. I don't know except that it seemed extremely meaningful as you say. And I can sometimes access a very mild, transient form of it by touching my fingers together in different ways.

Like I said, it's so hard to describe.
>>
>>17527557
Im a different person,
i havent had it in a while but i used to randomly get this strange sort of unpleasant feeling radiating throughout my whole body but it would be most prominent in my chest area.
Like, it wasnt pain, and i was never in an overly emotional state, it wasnt dizziness, it was sort of unsettling but bearable and it would last just a few seconds. idk how to really describe it, and idk what it couldve been.
low blood sugar?
fatigue?
idk, but i was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder
>>
>>17527628
that's it. it's anxiety

I also feel like a huge weight in my chest and usually don't find an explanation to it.
But actually there is

I'm so disconected with my emotions that I usually am sad/nervous/anxyous and I don't really feel it. My body has to express it somehow and shows the symptoms (heart racing, legs shaking, sad face) but I don't really feel it.

I.E: I had to take my driver's licence test. I consciously didn't feel nervous, I didn't think I was gonna fail, I practiced a lot, I was pretty confident. But when I got in the car my leg started shaking uncontrolably. I couldn't even hold the breaks/clutch steady and I almost fucked up the examn. I still felt consciously confident but my body was showing me that something was wrong deep inside me and that I was, indeed, scared of failing
>>
I sometimes feel like I'm no longer in my body, but as if I am standing a few feet behind myself. There are different levels of this feeling. Sometimes I will feel this way and still have my sight coming from my eyes. Other times though, I have to shut my eyes when it happens; and when I do, I don't see the back of my eyelids, instead I can actually see myself from behind and no matter if I physically turn around or I get up and walk, I always see myself from behind- never from the front. Am I crazy?
>>
>>17527743
>>
>>17527526
I've had the same op. When I was younger the feeling would come with images of something very large and plush, or very small with craters on it, and the feeling of holding something smaller than the diameter of my closed without my fingers touching.
>>
>>17527770
Noted. -No trusting of anyone...ESPECIALLY self.
>>
>>17527526
I get a very bizarre feeling in dreams when I fall into a void. It's a lot like in games where the skybox is bugged out and it draws the last thing that was on your screen. I call it falling into infinity.

It's almost like there's an inward and outward pressure at the same time and you experience every sensation frame by frame as if time is slowing down.

It actually reminds me of my experiences with Salvia, where the 'it' is shown to you -- an experience that transcends our language.
>>
>>17527526

Yes actually.

I used to read fantasy novels (Robert Jordan, Terry Pratchett, dragonlance) and after sitting for a while, maybe 1 - 2 hours (I would read a book in 1 -2 sessions like 3-4 h at a time) I started feeling like I had a soft weight on my head, like a piece of foam. If I focused on it it got really intense. I then started feeling the same on the palms of my hands, and the rest of the body felt like I couldn't move. But it wasn't scary, I just sat there feeling different parts of my body and then I started reading again. After I finished I got up like normal and felt nothing again.
>>
>>17527526
> The feeling is hard and soft at the same time, and you can feel it somewhere in your brain or on your head.
OP, when I was little I had a dream I was in an arena with these massive floating shapes, and they seemed immensely huge but light as a feather at the same time. It was such an odd sensory experience, even for a dream, that I still remember it. This part of your post really spoke to me.
>>
>>17527610
I thought I was the only one to experience this...
>>
Its called disassociative disorder.
>>
I think I've experienced something similar.
Several times when I was a kid I remember lying on my bed and getting this feeling like the mattress was hard as a rock but also soft enough that I could almost melt right into it.

I still get that feeling occasionally, when I'm falling asleep.
It also feels like my body is incredibly heavy and being almost crushed into the bed but also simultaneously very soft and pliable? I don't know it's really hard to explain.
>>
>>17528391
yes i get something similar if i am in a relaxed position and dont move for a while. except mine feels like my chakras are all spinning, but all different rates, direction and frequencies.

i also used to get the feeling like a giant then an ant. my personal theory is a past life or having the blood if giants, and i remember being a giant on some level, but when i try and reconcile that feeling with my current proportions.. confusion abounds.
>>
You're not the only one! This usually only happens to me when I'm unwell and have a fever. Hasn't happened in a while now.

Ok weird, I just got the sensation as I said that ._. It's like...thumping in my head?

This is weird I'm going to stop now because I hate this feeling...god
>>
>>17528410

The arena thing really relates to me. For me I would always dream that I was in this massive white void with these sort of beige colored floating shapes around me that gave me the "hard and soft at the same time" feeling. So weird we had the same dream.
>>
File: 1358545914825.jpg (15KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
1358545914825.jpg
15KB, 500x369px
I use to have this chaotic background sensation like a grinding or a distan crowd, not an audible hallucination just an awareness. It never felt creepy and i learn to manifest t when i want.
it originated during some fever dreams in my chilhood, some kind of bydimensional travel and geometric forms.
those bydimensional dreams were the coolest thing ever
>>
Sounds like dissociation. Usually caused by anxiety or trauma.
>>
>>17527526
Text book anxiety disorder symptom. Same thing happens during seratonin shock.
>>
>>17530892
Oh yeah, OP here, it does happen often when I'm sick.

Like, when you have a fever but also chills, and you rest your bare arm on a countertop, and the cold hurts down to your damn bone?
Something about that feeling is like it, too.
>>
>>17531886
also OP don't know why I haven't yet mentioned I am diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, and have experienced trauma/dissociation, and though I can't recall a time when I had the sensation while also having an episode of anxiety, it still doesn't mean that's not the probable cause.
Either way, how it makes me think I can see or feel some other realm is what made me want to post about it here.
>>
Ive felt something similar before. Used to happen to me as a kid when i was severely sick with the flu.
>>
>>17527628
If it was a sharp feeling that got worse when you breathed it was precordial catch
>>
>>17529165
Nope. Me too. Happened only when sick
when i was really young.
>>
>>17530948
>bydimensional

Fucking 10 year olds need to stay on reddit.
>>
>>17528391
You were doing basic qigong/yoga. If you study those things you will be able to create more interesting effects although I don't really know if there is much value to it. For me it is just entertainment.
>>
>>17529179
Why does everything have to be labelled a disorder? Why can't an experience just be an experience?
>>
File: Tape_runs_out.jpg (19KB, 292x442px) Image search: [Google]
Tape_runs_out.jpg
19KB, 292x442px
I love this kind of stuff. I hope this thread keeps going. I have a weird feeling to contribute.

So you know how some people are scared of some of the opening/closing logos of shows? There are whole wikis about it. I was scared of them as a kid too, but there was more to it than that. There's this weird feeling. Especially when they show the world from far away. It's almost like a sort of dread but it feels very alien and wrong. Like we're all doomed. Thinking about cheap wood paneling and brown carpet like in the trailer I lived in when I was little does it, I almost had a panic attack when I went to a building with similar features. There's this one video that has the logos I mentioned but they're in G-major, this does it even more. Something about the sound. I saw Miley Cyrus' music video for wrecking ball in G-major and that did it too, so there's something about that specific tone. Also, this card from the illuminati trading card game gives me the feeling, even just hearing the phrase "tape runs out" does it. I feel like it might be some weird past life stuff? Thinking about the decade of the 1980s in general also gives me the feeling. I was born right at the end of 1989 so I shouldn't have any memories of the decade.
>>
>>17532222
Disorders are experiences. If we had no way to categorize and label things, you know what I'm not even going to finish this message fuck you
>>
>>17534478
And they are disorders classified by whom? Our completely reliable scientists and researchers? Good goy.
>>
I also get a weird feeling. Not like yours, however.
It happens whenever I'm trying to sleep. I start getting images in my brain, and a very strong feeling in my hands and muscles. The images are normally shapes, and I've always just called this "experiencing the fourth dimension" since that's what it feels like. Does anyone else get this?
>>
File: drill.gif (104KB, 437x430px) Image search: [Google]
drill.gif
104KB, 437x430px
>me browsing this thread
>>
I've gotten this weird feeling before, but I'm not sure if it's what you guys are talking about. Once when i had a fever as a kid. I had a dream where i was in space and moving planets. But more relevant is that i didnt feel my body. I only felt my hands. they looked tiny but they felt giant. My hands also were practically weightless, like they were filled with air. I got this feeling again a couple of years back when i was meditating.
>>
>>17527526
I used to have weird shit like that happen when I was tot. Sometimes I would just lay down on the floor and "zone out" and observe my body, and I'd feel like whatever I was feeling was someone else's feeling and the real me was somewhere else in another dimension. The specific recurring image was me lying on a cold steel table, in a building full of identical white rooms in a grid. Looking back at it now as an adult, I just think it was the kid version of me trying to escape abuse.

When I watched the matrix some years later, I really connected with the idea.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.