[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do we reincarnate? Are we just samsaric currents that happen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: images (4).jpg (21KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
21KB, 262x192px
Do we reincarnate? Are we just samsaric currents that happen to be self-aware? Are our souls eternal, or do they have to earn their immortality? Did I live many lives before this one or is it just this one life? Am I just a drop of the infinite that lives a little and returns to the Source forever afterwards and that's that, or am I a distinct awareness with an eternity of lives and chilling with my other cool soul bros in the higher realms?

Which is it? Everyone can agree on the Absolute but why are there so many conflicting reports about the soul/consciousness?
>>
Dude, there is no and/or only and.

If it is a possibliity, in an infinite universe all possibilities will become reality eventually.

Don't worry or overthink. You don't need to want orto fear, just relax and accept it as it comes.

The "soul" is/has/always will exist, but "You" are only a soul pixel. god is the full soul picture.
>>
>>17526823
I remember opening my eyes for the first time and feeling the very distinct sensation of something very wise saying "I'm here, I've arrived"

Freaky shit
>>
>>17526804
Why dont you kill yourself and find out?
>>
Everyone walks there own path, the "you" whom you think is "you" does not exist.
>>
>>17526804
Question that interests me is at what degree am I different from the being that my soul incarnated before this life. Buddhism says both are so different you can't say he was you, hence Non-Self (Anatma). I'm confused.
>>
>>17526804
nice samsara pic. quick note, the pig represents human ignorance, the bird represents attachment, and the snake represents aversion and anger. those three are called kleshas and they're what cause suffering in every single form.

you're asking a lot of broad open ended questions that aren't really begging for serious responses, and i will say that my perspective on it is that all identities are composite based on the smaller pieces that allow for identities like body, mind, soul, father, mother, child teacher, student, railroad conductor, etc. etc. etc. and with each one comes a set of challenges and tools for growth. Karma is simply a universally broad application that every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

>Everyone can agree on the Absolute

no they can't. peception has infinite different sides and faces.
>>
>>17527206
I know the snowflake analogy gets abused a lot, but it's really an excellent analogy. we are different, but ultimately the same. the formations that we are, and create in our lives are never exactly the same, and with that comes strengths and weaknesses that may seem very very important on a relative scale, and at the end of the say, most won't notice the difference between all of the snowflakes, and they all melt.
From my understanding, all separation is an illusion. everyone and everything is already a fundamental part of you, your past lives are simply a part of you that's a few degrees, or orders of magnitude depending on how you look at it, closer to you.
>>
>>17527206
You don't reincarnate at all, it is the samsaric desire-complex you are the awareness of that gives off more "I"s
>>
>>17526804
If you are a drop in the infinite ocean, you are a fractal of the infinite.

you are both macro and micro. simultaneously. yet you are the singularity of this consciousness.
>>
This Kali Yuga is breaking my balls.
>>
who cares just live your life. 70 years or so really isnt that long, you'll find out soon enough.
>>
>>17526823
This.

It's like trying to tell people to stop saying "What if...". It isn't a matter of what if, it is a matter of WHEN. Better to already be prepared for when it does happen, rather than to not accept that it could, staying clueless towards what is to come.
>>
>>17526804
after you die you merge with the one latter you re-emerge as this one.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.