[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

End of the World Cults

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: writing.jpg (1MB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
writing.jpg
1MB, 1600x1067px
Lets discuss some Apocalyptic Cults. Can anyone name me a few? I'm especially interested in cults where the end date has already been reached, and what they did after.
>>
>>17525991
When the time is nigh hey usually tend
a) to off themself to reach the mothership/ higher planes/ to get out easy / ....
b) shrug, put it down to malicious ill-will and human error and assign a new date.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lev17JUYQZc
>>
>Lets discuss some Apocalyptic Cults. Can anyone name me a few?
/x/
>>
Aum Shinrikyo
Church of the Subgenius
Heaven's Gate (technically still active because they're email address still replies)
Scientology
Branch Davidians (all dead)
People's Temple (all dead)

For the "I'm especially interested in cults where the end date has already been reached, and what they did after." Look up X-Day. The Subgenii say that the end of the world didn't happen on the prophesied date because the aliens changes the date to fuck with them. Now they hold a festival every year on July 5 in case the year finally becomes 1998.
>>
File: smiling-cat2.jpg (59KB, 555x419px) Image search: [Google]
smiling-cat2.jpg
59KB, 555x419px
>>17526574
>/x/
>>
File: f7.png (227KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
f7.png
227KB, 720x576px
I think you should be more interested in cults that are plotting the end of the world rather than ones delivering up blatant propaganda..
There is a major difference there and your time would be spent wisely if you investigated the Underground Church.
It's a kind of extreme christian secret society with a primary directive to make revelation 15 happen.
11BX-1371 is their public message in which declares their end game of releasing a plague on the earth, starting with the usa.
This may come as a shocker since their disinformation campaign which PWW is a conspirator in tends toward the conclusion of mere art.
However, the psychological cryptography reveals tell tale signs of their authorship in frame by frame biblical numerology ciphers which their worldview is the key to the cipher itself.
They hunt witches and kill them, bomb government buildings (Timothy McVeigh was one of them), protest homosexuality and murder them, and on and on. (Google "christian terrorism")
You can find limited information on them which is mainly disinformation documents (some credible though) through WikiLeaks.

ITT: Context to your thread's relation to them is their 2028 end of the 7,000 year timeline of earth. There is a Underground Church propaganda campaign which is searchable and doing decent in terms of media outreach dubbed 2028end.com - Keeping in mind that they believe it is their "higher calling" to progressively complete some of the nasty things in revelations. Only the inner-circle of their command structure (which is international and well funded) has this goal in mind (biological terrorism through airborne engineered virus transmission through consumable products) and the vast majority of their cult members are oblivious to this fact. None of what I just offered you is a joke, look at the frame number and ask yourself if pic related is a symbolic signature of this christian secret society or merely a coincidence...
>>
There's was a documentary on a Christian End of the World cult, where the leader thought he was Jesus and God gave him permission to diddle all the girls, and they fell for it.

The final part of the documentary is the end date and their reactions to it. I forget the name of it or the cult.
>>
>>17530389
Mormonism?
>>
>>17525991
Do you even know what they imply through the word "world" ?
>>
>>17525991
Jehovah's Witnesses.
Nowadays they keep knocking on strangers' doors.
>>
Book When Prophecy Fails by Leon Festinger is a classic.

http://www84.zippyshare.com/v/fwZfH4tp/file.html
>>
>>17525991
All of them
>>
>>17526580
You understand the church of subgenius is actually satire right?
>>
>>17530389
>God gave him permission to diddle all the girls, and they fell for it.

...prove that god exists. Well done ;)
>>
File: why_pol_craves_happening.png (19KB, 1215x144px) Image search: [Google]
why_pol_craves_happening.png
19KB, 1215x144px
>>17526574
/pol/
Why else would they make sacrifices to Ebola-chan and, more recently, support Trump's bid for the US presidency?
>>
>>17528094
I was totally oblivious of that, and I'm having hard times finding any kind of information about them.
A little bit of help, anyone?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.