[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Land of Enchantment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: 17074942827_8e50346074_b.jpg (399KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
17074942827_8e50346074_b.jpg
399KB, 1024x768px
Hey, /x/, I'm a NM resident and was wondering if any fellow New Mexicans knew of any local creepy attractions worth a shit or interesting folklore.

In b4 Roswell.
>>
>>17523123
Roswell.

You can beat up those guys who stole Roswell Museum's flying saucer. That's always fun.
>>
File: 1294575742548.gif (260KB, 200x110px) Image search: [Google]
1294575742548.gif
260KB, 200x110px
Anyone?
>>
>>17524599
Another NM fag here (SIlver City), New Mexico in general has fuck all.
>>
There's got to be a lot. Desolate as fuck, tons of rundown creepy areas where people can probably get away with murder.
>>
Santa Fe here, I was cruising around the caja del rio and saw a black GOVT helicopter do a low fly over and land in the gorge by the Rio Grande, been bothering me for months.
>>
>Grew up in Gallup
>Native American
>yes skinwalkers are real
>AMA
>>
>>17523123
A good thing to do is drive hwy 491 or 550 in the middle of the night youre guaranteed to get serious spoops that way
>>
>>17523123
If you're in northern New Mexico, try southern Colorado. Lots of spooky shit. My family were Spanish settlers down there and in NM before they were states, they always talked abou "witches who could shape-shift". I have stories if interested
>>
>>17523123
Zamora landing site
>>
>>17525819
I have heard many stories about them, many of them seem to insinuate that they don't intend to hurt anyone
is this so?
im also native
>>
File: joker eating popcorn.gif (37KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
joker eating popcorn.gif
37KB, 100x100px
>>17526180

OP here, please do? And thanks in advance.
>>
File: stairway_to_heaven.jpg (58KB, 300x243px) Image search: [Google]
stairway_to_heaven.jpg
58KB, 300x243px
>>17523123
NM resident also. For mysterious check out the stair case of Loretto.

The legend is the chapel's architect died before a staircase was added to the choir loft. The sisters at Loretto prayed to St. Joseph and on the 9th day a stranger showed up and offered to build the stair case. The man built the stair case all by himself and left before being paid or thanked. His identity is still unknown. The design features thirty-three steps that make two 360-degree turns, with no visible means of center support. It was built with no nails, only wooden pegs, warm water, square, and a saw.

Considering this was territorial NM in the 1800's it's design and construction is quite remarkable. Some say it was a miracle, others say it was just masterfully built.

It has no nails, only wooden pegs. Keep in mind it was built in the 1800's
>>
>>17526938
Impressive, but not impossible.
>>
>>17526938
and no hand rail either, despite being very steep. I've seen that staircase IRL and wouldn't go up or down it if you paid me. (not that they let people do that anyway; it's roped off)
>>
>>17523123
The Kimo Theater in Albuquerque is said to be haunted by the spirit of a young boy who died there in a water heater explosion in 1951. He is said to have a mischievous spirit and will cause accidents to happen during performances if items are not left at his shrine. To this very day toys, and sweets are left to him.
>>
File: Bobbys_Shrine.jpg (39KB, 300x447px) Image search: [Google]
Bobbys_Shrine.jpg
39KB, 300x447px
>>17528168
forgot pic, here is an image of the shrine from a while back. I can probably find a more modern one also.
>>
UFOs? ....
>>
Not from NM, but living in Texas close to the NM border.

I hear David Paulides' has investigated some disappearances in the Lincoln National Forest over by Cloudcroft/Ruidoso, but I don't know how true that is.

There's also Dulce Air Base, where all the conspiracy folk claim government collaborators and extra-terrestrials perform experiments and such.

There was also a human mutilation (similar to the famous Guarapiranga UFO case) that occurred in White Sands. Funnily enough, the only UFO I ever saw was close to White Sands, near Alamogordo.
>>
>>17523123
agree
>>
>>17523123
Your a Near Mint resident?
>>
>>17526236
They will have an intended target which is why they usually run away when found. If you are the target you will never actually encounter them unless you're lucky enough to catch them by surprise.
>>
>>17528445
Hmm, what do they do to you if you are a target? I heard mostly they run away, which made me believe that they are basicly just trying to do their own thing, live their own lives etc, and it was just coincidence that people stumbled upon them. I remember going to hear stories by native story tellers in the early 90's, it was this program set up for children, they fascinated me. i wish i remembered more of the stories. is there anyway to communicate with them?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.