[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/ im thinking of writing a book. The only idea i have is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1459113530589.gif (2MB, 319x343px) Image search: [Google]
1459113530589.gif
2MB, 319x343px
Hey /x/ im thinking of writing a book. The only idea i have is i want the ending to be the beginning and the beginning to be the end. A continues loop. The only way i see it being possible is time travel. What do yall think would be good ideas?
>>
>>17521908
Not that, it's been done.
>>
>>17521926
What book was it? Was it time travel or loop? Or both? Either way i think it will be fun writing a loop
>>
>>17521926
To death.
>>
File: tomato soup.jpg (42KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
tomato soup.jpg
42KB, 720x540px
>>17521926
>>17521975
Agreed.
>>
>>17521935
I know of a movie, "Triangle"
>>
>>17521908
>The only way i see it being possible is time travel

It sounds like you haven't read that many books, if you need that convenient plot device to present your story you'll never make it as a writer.

>>17521935
Hopscotch did it. Time travel was not involved.
>>
Wut you do is have a creature made of assholes appear befpr ypur protagonist and give him the time machine. Each time the protagonist travels in it, he grows an extral asshole. It gets to the point where he is covered with assholes and travels back in time to give his past self the time machine.boom endless cycle
>>
"Finnegan's Wake" to name the first one that comes to mind. Futurama also did an emptied involving time travel like this.
>>
>>17522309
would read/10
>>
>>17521935
Dark Tower also has a loop
>>
>>17522309
Still better love story than twilight.
>>
Every Japan book ever
>>
people wake up to annoying sound. they have no memory. they don't trust each other. sound came from small device everyone is carrying. device reads "get to destination in 1 hrs 2 min.". People follow direction of device. they strugle with each other, one gets killed by the others. they reach destination. device says "missing person for successful travel". people wake up to annoying sound. they have no memory.
>>
>>17522935
I'm stealing this.
>>
Start with the end of story and end with you starting the story . Do it backwards
>>
Uneducated anons! The only thing you need remember from this thread is as follows! The first and last lines of James Joyce's Finnegan's Wake:

riverrun, past Eve and Adam's, from swerve of shore to bend
of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to
Howth Castle and Environs.
A way a lone a last a loved a
long the
>>
Have you read the outsiders good book and does that
>>
>>17521908
>100 Years of Solitude
Read it.
>>
>>17521935
Robert Heinlein, "All You Zombies"
>>
the movie "mine games" is like that. Good movie too.
>>
>>17523041
Go for it!
>>
>>17523041
welcome - was my idea. no copyright, feel free to take it. Made this up as rpg adventure
>>
>>17522923
Underrated
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.