[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/, anyone else here an empath? I keep trying to reach out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: empath.jpg (14KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
empath.jpg
14KB, 600x315px
Hey /x/, anyone else here an empath? I keep trying to reach out to talk to others who share what I can best describe as the abilities of an empath, but all the places I look it's just tumblr tier "special snowflakes" who make a huge deal about it, like it's fantastic, which I've found it to be quite the opposite. I've gotten better at tuning it out, to the point where I can stonewall it, but that's more just ignoring it. Any help/stories?
>>
>>17513672
I found not using THC helped a fair amount, and weirdly, teaching ESL where nobody spoke my language helped me separate my own shit from the genuine data.

I've also found that just practicing forgiveness helps the upsetting stuff not stick around as much. Godspeed Anon.
>>
>>17513763
I don't smoke, can't hold a grudge, and what's ESL?
>>
>>17513672
It's fantastic if you're having sex or making out or whatever, but the day to day makes me want to kill myself.
>>
I agree, we're not special snow-flakes. It's not like a learned skill. Some people are simply more sensitive than others, for whatever reason. Having grown up within a complex, and often difficult, family dynamic, it's been more of a burden than anything else. It is what it is, I suppose. I don't know life any other way.

From my experience, it is important to be cautious about who I allow into my life. Because we intuitively know where people are coming from on some level, they generally find us very disarming, and will usually open up to us easily. This is not always a good thing. So it is prudent to be cautious. It's too easy to get sucked into a massive vortex of other people's shit otherwise. While you can't choose your family, you definitely can and should choose your friends and potential significant others wisely.

Lastly, since we are constantly being bombarded by other people's crap, it is extremely important to make it a priority to regularly spend some time alone doing something you love. Go hiking, paint, or wherever your happy place is. You need time to disconnect and recharge, otherwise you risk becoming imbalanced and ill.
>>
>>17513672
Are you the chick from Star Trek? Post your tits.
>>
>>17514688
Ok. Am I thinking you are a LARPing faggot right about now? Am I feeling disgust for your entire existence?
>>
You're not an empath, you have to be a fairy to be an empath.
>>
"Empath," that is, the idea and not the word, at its most base means the ability to take on the energy around you- like a chameleon to colour, like a mirror to light, etc... You "mimic" but also "make a part of your being." This ability in its most negative form is akin to vampirism, in that you only "take" the energy, in its positive form akin to healing in which you "give" energy, and in its natural form in which you both give and take. The problem with strong empaths today is that they are very focused on giving away their energy without being necessarily fluent in the "healing," "channeling," "changing" arts, so they feel drained by taking on energies of all people rather than selecting those with whom they wish to share energy. Do note these words don't work the best and the ideas behind them are what counts. Hope this helps in some way (By saying that if you'll notice it is an effort in "sending out energy" or "transferring ideas." Whereas if you were to write an angry post you would be "sending out negative energy." The thing is, /you/ are the decider of what energy you let affect you- so learn how to control your "reactions," "emotions," "thoughts," etc... and you can better control both your "energy" your reality," etc...)
>>
>>17513672
If you are an empath you know that horrible feeling when someone is depressed, disappointed, mad or looking down on you.
Negative energy sucks
>>
you are too tuned inn.

the secret is

[spoiler]01100100 01101001 01110011 01110100 01110010 01100001 01100011 01110100[/spoiler][spoiler] 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01101101 01101001 01101110 01100100 00100000[/spoiler][spoiler] 01110111 01101001 01110100 01101000 00100000 [/spoiler]
>>
>>17514767
With what anon? What is the last word.
>>
>>17514744
>negative energy sucks
Here here.
>>
>>17514707
I actually had to Google LARPing? (Shit, I'm old!). Reddit is a snooze-fest these days, was lurking (without clicking ANY gifs..Cause 87% are likely disturbing), Was only trying to give some random dude some honest advice about special snowflakes. You kids these days, with weird channels in multiples of four? Grew up in Silicon Valley, this shit is definitely funny. Who would've thunk it??? Thanks for the laugh (kek?). All three of my parents have died in the the last couple years, still dealing with the fallout? So I most certainly needed it!
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mzs9ev8rr61rw7zjf.jpg (66KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mzs9ev8rr61rw7zjf.jpg
66KB, 500x667px
>Tfw you're a sociopath and have no idea what it feels like to have highly tuned emotions
>>
>>17514767
That translates directly to "distract your mind with"
The fuck that mean?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.