[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About 15 years ago, back when I was in high school, one of my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 5608567.jpg (36KB, 471x367px) Image search: [Google]
5608567.jpg
36KB, 471x367px
About 15 years ago, back when I was in high school, one of my best friends decided he needed to get in touch with his roots. Being a quarter Cherokee, he sought out help from a Medicine Man at a near-by reservation.

Since I was the one with the car, I took him and dropped him off for a weekend for a sweat lodge and all that "getting in touch with the ancestors" stuff they do. When I came back to get him, the old medicine man pulled him aside before he left and said something to him quietly, casting glances in my direction.

On the ride back, I asked about it and he said to me that the old man warned him about me, telling him "you can't trust those like him, those who were never born." My friend brushed it off and we kinda just laughed about it, thinking he probably didn't like me because I was typical white dude number 083 or whatever.

Fast-forward to last night, when I learned that in fact, I was never born. My mother had an emergency c-section because the umbilical cord had managed to tangle around my neck multiple times.

Although there's no possible way that medicine man knew me or my parents or the circumstances of my birth through mundane means, it did leave me curious, and so I come to you /x/; do any of you know any legends or lore regarding those who were never born?
>>
He was discriminating against you on a technicality. Tell him that's racist and bigoted, and that you prefer to be called a "C-lestial", not "Neverborn".
>>
>>17508518
The idea of going back to a rez and telling off some old Cherokee medicine man 15 years later is kind of amusing, but I think I'll pass on that.
>>
Birth
Noun
>the emergence of a baby or other young from the body of its mother; the start of life as a physically separate being.
He was clearly talking about some dumb native American shit.
>>
>>17508532
But if you don't spearhead the C-lestial movement, who will? Tumblr? They have enough special snowflakes on their plate as it is.
>>
>>17508557
Yeah, I think there's misunderstanding here. I'm not looking for some kind of special status because I went through something that has annual rates as high as 33% in the United States alone. I'm just curious if there was an /x/-related reason the "weird ol' injun" would call me someone who was never born. I remember a time when people would ask about legends and lore on this board and invariably, somebody would hunt something down and start an interesting conversation. I'd would've done it myself, but it seems as though my Google-fu is not strong today, and I was hoping someone else might have been able to point me in the right direction.

But anywho, 'preciate the banter.
>>
>>17508472
at first I would have speculated that "never being born" meant that you weren't born on the land or haven't had an cherokee commencement ceremony yadadadada... but the fact that you weren't born in a conventional manner is intriguing to say the least. We have to appreciate this mans "ability" to recognize that you were indeed "never born", that you were forced into existence. It would be beneficial to consult someone of the Cherokee tradition to gain further insight OP. All we can provide here at /x/ is speculation at best.
>>
>>17510007
Yeah, was just joking with you man. It is a weird story.
>>
>>17510043
Agree. I immediately thought it was derogatory comment towards your ancestors not being native to the land. But, as anon said, it is still pretty impressive that this comment somehow was meaningful to your situation. If I were you, I'd acknowledge it as a strange coincidence and not let it affect you too much. You can always try asking around or opening a book on Cheokee folk lore at your local library.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.