[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buddhism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: buddha4.jpg (330KB, 1024x1304px) Image search: [Google]
buddha4.jpg
330KB, 1024x1304px
Hello /x/ here is my question.
What type of Buddhist school should I read into at first ?
I am a Buddhist, but do I have to pick a school ?
>>
Zen
>>
I want to when I get around to it be a master of Theravada Buddhism u should try it out
>>
>>17508425
You're complicating things.

There's nothing to learn.
>>
>>17508425
I'm recommend Mahāyāna
>>
>>17508438
>Theravada
They missed concept of immortal puggala(soul). Literally Theravada don't believe in soul, so Famous Chinese teacher Daoshen questioned: “If in sansare is absent constant “I”, then is there constant “I” in the nirvana? If “I” does not exist, the fact that then enters into the nirvana?”
>>
>>17508425
I'm well informed. Buddhism is the old path. Christ will come back. Before physically seeing Him, follow Him and God by spirit.
>I am not Christian, I just use english words. Maitreya and Dharmakaya are buddhist translations of Christ and God.
>>
God I wanna throw up
>>
File: 1324100184050.png (30KB, 592x630px) Image search: [Google]
1324100184050.png
30KB, 592x630px
>>17508510
Dharmakaya means awakened seeing, god doesn't mean that.

Christ is not my friend, guy.
>>
I'd say look into the various Tibetan schools and then work the tantra they stole it from. If you're going to be a smug fuck, you can't be doing it from a palacial monastery. There's a fun book on the mahasiddhas worth reading for the lelz if anything.
>>
>>17508510
>>17508936
>The Dharmakāya (Sanskrit: धर्मकाय; Pali: धम्मकाय, lit. "truth body" or "reality body") is one of the three bodies (trikaya) of the Buddha in Mahayana Buddhism. Dharmakāya constitutes the unmanifested, "inconceivable" (acintya) aspect of a Buddha, out of which Buddhas arise and to which they return after their dissolution.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dharmak%C4%81ya
In this sense the Dharmakaya seems to be identical with the Para Brahman of Hinduism and Christ with the Kalki avatar of Vishnu.
>>
>>17508990
It is truly a shame that Christianity does not embrace its Dharmic essence and insists with being intertwined with Semitic desert mythologies, endless fictional camel-jokey patriarch genealogies and resentful slave morality.
>>
File: 1426299484687.jpg (553KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1426299484687.jpg
553KB, 1920x1200px
namaste bro I am fullzen Buddhist monk

stay pc
>>
I have been studying Buddhism for ten years now. I wouldn't worry too much about what school to subscribe too. More important than doctrine is practice. All schools of Buddhism have something unique to offer -- different strokes for different folks and all. As long as you're reading and practicing you won't go wrong.

Here's two books that I found enlightening on Buddhism:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0521708346/ref=gp_aw_ybh_a_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=VSRKG7MB6C07B7TRQZY9

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0791421287/ref=gp_aw_ybh_a_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=ECY4ETVTF78C2VAV3JMG

These are scholarly tomes but they are extremely informative. Good luck on your journey, friend.
>>
all "schools" of buddhism are corrupt and diluted.
I've tried them all.
just do it alone like the Buddha.
>>
>>17509036
>implying the buddha existed
Haven fun pursuing an "enlightenment" that doesn't exist and was invented so monks could swindle the common people.
>>
>>17509020
We can see her nipples.
>>
I think lineage is important. I would suggest looking up what buddhist centers you have in your neighbourhood
>>
>>17509036
tayata samyaksham buddhayam
>>
>>17508425
there is nothing to learn.
just be and breathe.
>>
File: 1452638711073.jpg (118KB, 736x960px) Image search: [Google]
1452638711073.jpg
118KB, 736x960px
>>
>>17509887
Ive been a born Buddhist I guess. Never really gave into any concept of anything, just lived.

Fall into self morality, and morality will fall unto you. When you live and do things, you realize what and what not should be done. You see and hear language from others and develop a scope of difference, a difference that you decided whether or not you want to partake in.
>>
>>17508936
I was just spreading the news. You're free, all is fine, choose whatever you like.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.