[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain Easter to me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

File: عيد الفصح.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
عيد الفصح.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
I am not Christian and don't really understand Christian adaptation to holiday. I know Easter only as celebration of Ishtar, goddess of fertility and sex, and her symbols of hare and egg as Easter.

But, friend told me that Christian celebrate insurrection of Jesus Christ and that modern celebration comes from story that Jesus Christ would lay egg and children find them for fun. This sound rediculous to me, but Christian person been known for crazier things.

Someone clarify?
>>
It's just a celebration of Jesus' rebirth

The whole Easter Bunny and eggs thing is just making the holiday profitable to businesses. If people are Christian and celebrate it, they'll just go to church that day and eat a nice dinner.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Ibn0WrosM
>>
>>17507485
Correct, except its a celebration of his sacrifice and resurrection, not rebirth.
>>
>>17507485
>>17507529
No, it's not correct. The Christians pasted their holiday over an ancient pagan holiday of spring rebirth, a la Ishtar, the goddess Eostre (where comes the name from), and so on, hence eggs and rabbits as fertility symbols.

So much of Christianity makes no sense because it's copy-paste of pagan religions, but without the meaning behind it (because that's pagan).
>>
>>17507529
Rebirth IS the same thing as resurrection
>>
>>17507529
You're right, it was Mary who was reborn
>>
easter is traditionally a catholic holiday more specifically than a christian one, but obviously non catholics celebrate it.

when the catholics came into power when they did, rather than wiping out all pagan traditions, (easter, christmas, halloween/harvest celebrations and what not) they would just slap a christian spin on it and call it good. worked pretty well for them all things considered, integrating native beliefs into their own.
>>
File: 1457553980400.jpg (806KB, 2975x1959px) Image search: [Google]
1457553980400.jpg
806KB, 2975x1959px
>>17507556
But he wasn't born again, he was returned to his previous state

Hence he was re-sur-erected
>>
>>17507556
No. Rebirth is reincarnation. Resurrection is bringing back the dead.
>>
>>17507563
>easter is traditionally a catholic holiday more specifically than a christian one.
i feel like this isn't true. can any non-catholic christians comment?
>>
>>17507563
The Saturn Clause.
>>
The name Easter comes from the Germanic goddess Eostre. The whole easter bunny thing has some relation to the three hares as a symbol of the holy trinity, but mostly it's a symbol of both hares and eggs as fertility. It's a pagan fertility celebration dressed up in Christian clothes, basically, just like most other Christian holidays.
>>
>>17507554
But today's western celebration of Easter with the eggs and the bunnies is all commercial and isn't really a celebration of the pagan or Christian holiday.
>>17507556
Rebirth implies that he came back as a baby and was birthed again. Resurrection means he was brought back from the dead in the same body that had died. Not the same.
>>17507560
Dude, wut?
>>
>>17507564
>>17507566
Jesus' resurrection is a celebration of rebirth in the same way that the whole season is a celebration of rebirth. Plants that have died over the winter are seemingly resurrected to their previous state.

>>17507582
The association of hares and eggs with Easter was around long before mass commercialization, just like Santa Claus existed before the Coca-Cola company.
>>
File: 1458864087276.jpg (28KB, 310x346px) Image search: [Google]
1458864087276.jpg
28KB, 310x346px
>>17507582
>dude, wut?
>>
>>17507436
I'll be brief...
So Easter as a christian celebration is in remembrance of the Crucifixion, dead, rebirth, and ascension of Jesus Christ.

The modern celebration of the easter bunny comes from Ostara (or Ēostre).
A Teutonic goddess of spring, the dawn, and fertility.(Ostara very similar to Easter)
So one day, in spring, Ostara is walking through the snowfilled forests, working her magic to bring the goldengreen back into the land.

Ostara encounters a bird, near death lying in the snow. Wings broken, covered in ice. Taking compassion on the bird, she decides to save the creatures life. Using her magic, she transforms the flightless bird into a snow hare. The white rabbit being her sacred animal. white for purity, rabbit fertility, etc.

For what ever reason, the transormation wasn't completed, possibly because it was a late winter and her powers were weakened...
but this rabbit was left able to lay eggs, like the bird in a past life.
Thus, the Easter Bunny came to be.

The parallels between Christian easter, and Ostara are evident. Death, rebirth etc.
Plus Christ, like the Birdbunny started as one thing. Man and bird. Died, then morphed into something more. God and Bunny.
>>
>>17507586
I'm aware of that, but my original comment that the dude was correct in saying that it was commercialized now still stands. I get that it started differently, but that's not what it is anymore.
>>
>>17507595
Jesus was not "reborn" and he didn't morph into anything. His soul was returned to his body. He left his tomb and ascended into Heaven.
>>
>>17507554
That's not exactly true either. Christianity is correct and the Original of many concepts you see in other cultures and religions.

The crazy but true reason is a huge deception has been thrust upon us so that we are
Led on a by a deep lie to believe that past cultures originated the Christian names dates and events.

It's a lot like how Isis is conveniently destroying ancient temples now. It's all for a much larger cosmic chess game.

We live in a huge lie called present reality anon
>>
>>17507573
It's true and i'm a Christian myself.
>>
>>17507608
No he went to Sheol to free the righteous and explain his victory to the imprisoned Fallen Angels deep in the Earth
>>
File: 1242697648114.jpg (16KB, 330x336px) Image search: [Google]
1242697648114.jpg
16KB, 330x336px
>>17507436
>Jesus Christ would lay egg and children find them for fun
If for some strange reason I ever have children, I am raising them to believe this.
>>
According to the Gospel of Kinison, Jesus hated eggs. He hated eggs so much, that when He knew he was going to die, he informed his disciples of the power of his hate for ova. Thou shalt better not be a fucking egg in sight when I get back, He proclaimed.
>>
File: atlanticcover1.jpg (419KB, 592x875px) Image search: [Google]
atlanticcover1.jpg
419KB, 592x875px
>>17507436
> I know Easter only as celebration of Ishtar, goddess of fertility and sex, and her symbols of hare and egg as Easter.

Ishtar is the Babylonian version of Lucifer, the daughter of the demiurge of the Gnostics and ancient Egyptians traditions and the sister of Shiva/Bastet. It is the Sun God (see pic related). In the bible, Christ can be quite a few different things, one of them being the Sun. The Easter happens at the 3rd day after the Spring Equinox because that date happens to be the very moment the Sun (Christ) resumes (resurrects) its course toward the Tropic of Cancer. To understand this, you first need to realize that Earth is flat and that you have been lied to all your life.
>>
>>17507436
>Jesus squatting in the garden to lay eggs when the kids are not looking...

My sides are in orbit!
>>
>>17507436
Besides the fact that you can look it up yourself on Google and Wikipedia... the eggs and the Easter Bunny have obviously nothing to do with Christian religion, in the same way as the Christmas tree has nothing to do with Christmas. They are pre-existing traditions that were not completely wiped because the approach of Christianity has always been to mix itself with older traditions. Most of the oldest churches in Rome are all built on the sites of older pagan temples.
>>
>>17507554
*tips fedora*
>>
>>17507556
aha... but insurrection =/= resurrection

lol
>>
>>17507560
no, wait, it was Rihanna and the donkey helped.>>17507564
>>
>>17507554
You can literally say the same thing for every religion you brain dead.
>>
this pictures name is a virus
I'm not opening it. . .
>>
>>17507436
Lol there was never any story involving Jesus and eggs. Its a bastardization of christianity and pagan holidays
>>
>>17507436
It's the day that the Hebrews (which actually came from a higher dimension) came to colonize Earth, and they all ate a shitload of chocolate to celebrate their successful arrival.
>>
>>17507436
Once there was this rooster that are too much cocoa, so much that his furr smelt like chocolate.
On a sunny spring day he was feeling super horny and saw this lady rabbit and he fucker it.
This rabbit got knocked up and after 9 months to everyone's surprise the rabbit didn't give birth, she layed chocolate eggs.
And Easter was born.
In another part of the world a man named Jesus came back to life.
>>
>>17507766
Always comes back to Lucifer...
>>
File: 1458493146491.jpg (194KB, 654x862px) Image search: [Google]
1458493146491.jpg
194KB, 654x862px
>>17507436
Nice shitpost, kill yourself.
>>
>>17508216
Yeah a total riot...

Moron
>>
>>17508955
Ooh the kill yourself tampon

Go fuck a bloody cunt
>>
>>17508966
Are you kidding me?
>>
>>17507554
Eostre isn't from Ishtar you dumfuk
Eostre is the goddess of rebirth, because the sun rises in the East
She had nothing to do with your shitty Semtic sand spirits
>>
>>17507436
Are you that autistic to believe that Jesus Christ lays an egg on Easter?
>>
>>17507436
Easter was a springtime fertility festival that was common in the middle east and europe, roman empire included, worshiping Ishtar or one of her analogs (Asherah, Astarte, Eostre, Ostara, Aphrodite).

It has nothing to do with Christianity. Its just a pagan thread that held on, no thanks to the Catholics.

I've never heard of anyone saying Jesus actually lays eggs, desu it sounds like your friend doesn't know what he's saying, to a hardcore Christian that would be borderline blasphemy. Ishtar's animal symbol was a mythical rabbit that lays eggs.

The King James version of Bible does mention Easter once in Acts 12:4, but it was most likely as an editorial oversight. The original Greek meant pasha, or Passover. It does make sense, as Acts 12 parallels the Exodus account (an Angel appears to save God's people).
>>
>>17507575
oooh spoopy whats the clause?
>>
>>17507436
you are full of bullshit
>>
File: 1384102313774.jpg (9KB, 250x144px) Image search: [Google]
1384102313774.jpg
9KB, 250x144px
>>
Jesus had a 6 foot tall rabbit that laid chocolate eggs that were wrapped in garishly colored aluminum foil. He carried them around in a wicker basket with some green plastic grass.
>>
>>17507436
Breaking news: Christianity appropriates traditions, holidays, and stories from other cultures, warps them around and claims them as their own.

tl;dr, fuck Jesus, praise Ishtar.
>>
>>17511854
Islam does that too, as well as Buddhism. Buddhism is probably worse about appropriating stuff desu.
>>
>>17512388
I did not write that "desu". Weird.
>>
>>17507436

Easter is when Jesus comes back from the dead dressed as a rabbit and gives children eggs and candy. FFS whats so hard to understand?
>>
File: christvlucifer.jpg (174KB, 599x1260px) Image search: [Google]
christvlucifer.jpg
174KB, 599x1260px
Luciferians posing as Christians.

Easter>Ishtar>Isis>Venus>The Morning Star>Lucifer>The Bright and Morning Star>Stella Splendida et Matutina>Christ

Jesus loves you.

/thread
>>
Luciferians.
>>
>>17512392
Word filter
>>
>>17512523
>type in the abbreviation of "to be honest"
>comes out "desu"

The weab is strong in this mod. I was hoping it was something spooky...

desu
desu
desu
desu
>>
>>17512568
The abbreviation of "to be honest" is used a lot for shitposting and retardation, really.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.