[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else have a dream world that is fleshed out in your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: dream.jpg (580KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
dream.jpg
580KB, 1000x667px
Does anyone else have a dream world that is fleshed out in your subconscious, but largely unavailable to you in your waking hours?

Over the last 5-7 something years since I graduated from college, I have been "building" this dream world that is extremely vivid and complex. It features many elements and people from my everyday life, but it is also complicated as there seems to be some kind of underlying plot or story that my mind predetermined (a sort of dramatic thread that stemmed from an early incident that a dream-colleague has been whittling down suspects for).

I am awake right now so I can't really remember any sort of fine detail, just some of the color impressions and a few of the happenings of the last dream...but there is this lingering feeling when I think of this world while I am awake that I believe is what pulls me back into the framework when I am asleep and dreaming.

I have done a lot of reading on dreams and somnambulant experiences, but I have stayed mostly in the academic and scientific realm. There are not many reported cases of created worlds *exclusively* in dreams (usually the world interferes with sensory perception while awake in schizotypical and parapsychotic individuals).

I do not take psych drugs except for a benzo for anxiety and I do not experience this "created" world during waking hours, nor do I experience and elaborate upon the dream world on a consistent schedule (that I have recognized).

Has anyone else experienced this sort of phenomenon? I have avoided any sort of metaphysical sources as they never reach the root of the question, but I know that metaphysical approaches to solutions have sometimes lead to the discovery of more concrete info.
>>
It's not something I have a say in "building" so to speak but sometimes when I dream the locations are the same. Same places, same buildings that have been used for various dreams almost like a movie set.

I'm sure if I sat down and thought about it long enough I could build a "map" of sorts of all the reoccuring locations in my dreams and what they are in correlation to the real world. Usually most of the time they have little to know semblance of the area at all. I.E Virginia Beach VA IRL is sort of a suburb with a beach, not much of a beach town. In my dream world lots of fields of cat tails, salt water marshes and small towny type things, country road style and a small tucked away beach.
>>
>>17507233
Dreams go here: >>17475382
>>
>>17507233
Yes OP, you can achieve this "dream world" through meditation and visualisation. It can then be accessible to you even in your waking hours of course.
>>
>>17507348
wow, your physical description is so similar to mine

not op
>>
>>17508522
Wait...really? Do you have any sources or documentation or maybe even a tutorial? I would kill for more information
>>
>>17509835
Morning! Sorry for not answering earlier but thread (as well as rest of /x) is terribly slow. So yes really. Through meditation you must sharpen your concentration and visualisation skill. Being able to focus on a single point for minutes at a time. Then you begin enriching that point, slowly but surely, knowing how it looks like, how it smells, what is its color etc. Soon it can be an object. Then a small room. Then a house, a yard and so on, your own personal mental sanctuary where you know every nook and cranny inside out. This will help you greatly with your meditation, plus you will be able to visit it mentally anytime,not only during meditation. As for sources, you can use any technique you feel more comfortable with. Focus your search on visualization techniques. Ive got a couple of books gimme some time to go through them to give you useful reading material k?
>>
>>17511315
Ok i will be posting those reads i promised. Remember, while they seem unrelated they all focus on meditation and visualization. Take what you need, discard the rest.
1. Kundalini yoga by swami sivananda
>>
>>17511344
2. The shamanic journey (search this, very,very helpful and illuminating)
>>
>>17511348
3. Prometheus Rising
>>
Yes!

I've been dreaming about this place since I was a kid. I guess it's sort of like the real world but there seems to be a sinister/sad/ghostlike element to it.

When I was a kid something happened in the dreamworld. Some sort of post-apocalyptic/fucked up event. It sort of felt like time was over and there was only some sort of eternal emptiness present. In any case it made me run around the house screaming/hallucinating. But it stopped around puberty, and the dreamworld kinda morphed into this sinister, post-real world.

For example, recently I dreamed that I was exploring this abandoned hospital/institution or something, and the deeper you went into the place, the more sinister it felt. I remember the bathrooms were also burial grounds or some shit, and also tire marks from cars would change into this rainbow color and then 'leave the road', i.e. instead of being on the asphalt, they'd rise into the air and head towards the sky.
>>
>>17511360
4. Liber Null & Psychonaut
>>
>>17511363
5. Lucid Dreaming techniques. WILD and others.
>>
>>17511367
6. The Book of Knowledge (very very good, make this among your first reads)
>>
>>17511361
I understand completely, i used to have an apocalyptic world too..still do actually but only for emotional reasons. These reads i posted are pretty basic and should set you on the path. Meditation/visualization is the way to harness that mental/spiritual power. There is plenty more to read of course but youll find them on the way :)
>>
>>17511376
I might read Prometheus Rising. I've already read Cosmic Trigger by RAW, and enjoyed it quite a bit. He comes across as quite real and open with a lot of stuff, without actually 'believing' in a lot of stuff. Acceptance without heavy ideology. I guess I sort of feel the same way.
>>
>>17511384
To tell you the truth when i started, i merely wanted to read about useful and easy techniques on meditation and lucid dreaming for absolute beginners such as i was. The ideology, philosophy and so on i see them just as a bonus, so i agree with you :D
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.