[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Entering Gnosis During Exercise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: triathlon-running.jpg (38KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
triathlon-running.jpg
38KB, 450x300px
I'm a runner, and was curious, if any of you had any experience, or advice, on how to meditate, and make progress spiritually and/or mentally, while running?

A friend I knew said he used a form of Son meditation, and could run at a 6:30 mile pace for an hour, and he would barely be breathing hard. Is there something to be said for that?
>>
I used to run and enter these kind of states where I would think more clearly. I stopped being a person and felt like pure consciousness. The thing I remember most was how quiet it got and even while running next to a busy street. Time went by very quickly as well. I remember deliberately entering these states with ease and being so pleased with my self when I would come back.
>>
File: 1405904562964.jpg (126KB, 813x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1405904562964.jpg
126KB, 813x1200px
Not using it for more gains.

Anon are you retarded?
>>
>>17501137
Could you elaborate at all? That's what I'm looking for, how to enter into that state.
>>
>>17500830
Not a runner, but a swimmer and I love zoning out while swimming.
I think the key to it is fluidity or synchronicity in your movements/vibrations (forgive this hippie dippie talk)

Here's how I did it:
>started by focusing on strokes
>then kicks
>then breaths
>muscle memory lock
>amalgamate the counting
>push it to the back of your mind
>once there start to focus on the sounds being made by your body (rushing water for me was a big+++)
>try to identify a pattern or beat
>once you do lose your hearing in it
Now you're not trying to focus on the beat the same way you did for counting, you just want to identify it and know it's there. Same thing as a white noise machine for sleeping. You don't necessarily listen to the machine, but that noise helps you sleep.
Also I mean literally, try lose your hearing.
Now you've got your muscles operating on a metronome and your 'sound-attention" withdrawn into yourself.
Just let your eyes glaze over and get to thinking.
The induction process should take around 10-20 minutes and before you know it an hr will pass by.

Let me know if you want any elaboration.
>>
you can only experience the 1st level jhana/gnosis through any sort of movement-based meditation.
good to start with, but stillness reaches greater depths.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.