[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What have I done /x/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 36

File: serveimage.jpg (2MB, 2398x3543px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
2MB, 2398x3543px
>be me
>disillusioned with Christianity
>researching alternative religions
>Hinduism is a thing
>read the Vishnu Purana
>"this Vishnu is not so bad"
>go to sleep tired from work and school
>half-jokingly think "may Vishnu grant me protection"
>all of a sudden, a humming noise
>I begin to lose control of the body like in sleep paralysis, except I didn't fall asleep, I just rested my head on the pillow!
>"help me Jesus!"
>it stops shortly after
>finally I fall asleep
What do you think happened /x/? Did I meddle with forces I shouldn't have and learned the lesson? Or did Vishnu really try to reach out for me, but I was to much of a chicken shit to respond? Should I try to communicate with him again or should I leave it at that?

TL;DR: at first I was like: cool, eastern religions! But then I was like, pls help me Jesus!
>>
>blue skin
>not a demon
come on op
>>
How can you not see the snakes growing from her head?
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 845x363px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 845x363px
>>17500400
The humming was a vimana owned by Vishnu or tinnitus. You decide.
>>
>>17500400
Vishnu is a very placid guy. You won't piss Him off.

http://www.srichinmoy.org/resources/library/stories/puranas/bhrighu

To me, Vishnu is The Father of whom Jesus always spoke. God as a mighty and awesome Lord. I would say you were trying to "cut in line." Jesus said the way to the Father is through Him. In Vaishnavism, disciplic succession is very important - it is the height of rudeness to try and "go above the head" of your guru. Abandoning your jagat guru of Christ, you tried to gain audience with God the Father directly. But remember the way of bhakti-yoga, of loving service: those who are last are first. Serving God is great, but God looks MORE favorably on those who serve His servants.

Prabhupada would give the analogy of a very rich and powerful man. What can you do to help such a powerful person? What gift can you offer? BUT, if the powerful person has a child, how easy to help and please a child. And the powerful man will be greatly pleased to see the child happy.

Remember that Jesus washed the feet of His own disciples. Remember that Lord Chaitanya declared no identity other than "the servant of the servant of the servant of Krishna."

http://vaniquotes.org/wiki/Gopi-bhartur_pada-kamalayor_dasa-dasa-dasanudasah._This_is_our_process._We_don't_approach_Krsna_directly._We_must_begin_our_service_to_the_Krsna's_servant._And_who_is_Krsna's_servant%3F_One_who_has_become_the_servant_of_another_Krsna's_servant
>>
>>17500400
How can you be this fucking retarded and yet able to operate a computer?
>>
>>17500400
What do you believe to be true? You may be disillusioned with Christianity, but I'm disillusioned with the current video game industry, but I still believe it exists. What's more, I still get some benefit from it. The fact that you cried out for Jesus betrays your inner belief.

At least I would like to think so. I don't know you.

There is but one truth, and it is not relative. Many perspectives, yes, but one truth.

I urge you to look not at Christianity, but at Christ himself. Religion is a human construct, people are flawed, but truth, while not always comfortable or easy, will never let you down.

I believe Christ to be the truth. Not man, not religion, just one book. Here's hoping I'm right.
>>
File: mahavishnu.jpg (253KB, 1276x1366px) Image search: [Google]
mahavishnu.jpg
253KB, 1276x1366px
>>17500459
Blue like the cloudless sky.
>>17500468
Those are the snakes that liveses on his body. The idols made for him were originally made by god. Some will see a spiral, whilst others see a line. Line/snake god, it really doesn't matter just feed me. This is why ancient religion existed, to feed people the right food at the right time.

Visit nepal, eat barley and meat, go to america all the drinks are caffeinated. Ah religion.
>>
>>17502266
father, son, holy spirit
creator, preserver, destroyer
brahma, vishnu, shiva
all the same trinity

i'm not well versed in hinduism, but it's cool as shit that they distance the ultimate god or source or truth so high up the relative chain. there's so much delusionality and suffering in spirituality and religion from people who think they have a direct connection to the ultimate truth, and it's so harmful.

>>17504502
on the other hand, this is very true too. many sects of christianity serve a false idol that they call jesus christ.

It's what we find within ourselves relative to everything else.
>>
>>17505779
except the trinity of christianity has been proven a forgery added to biblical texts, (the book of john, also proven to have at least 4 authors), and by added i mean not by john, added hundreds of years later and nowhere in original bibles.
the trinity has no scriptural basis beyond that forgery, and further goes to show just how terrifyingly "amended" for "quality control" and the church's agenda.

the horrific tortures and deaths, christians vs christians, at the hands of the church, over the nicene creed alone is asinine...
>>
If you are serious about pursuing the religion, read the books of Srila Prabhupada.
>>
>>17506178
He's a jerk though who molested children, look into the upanishads, go to a hindu temple and ask about vishnu.
>>
>>17506183
Prabhupad never molested anyone, and I have visited several Gaudiya Vaishnava temples. Although there are some devotional upanisads (such as the isopanisads) it would be advantageous to go directly to the Bhagavatam.
>>
POO
>>
IN
>>
LOO
>>
File: not a new car.gif (2MB, 288x158px) Image search: [Google]
not a new car.gif
2MB, 288x158px
>>17506321
It'd be advantageous for your particular sect. But just as doctors claim that antibiotics are safe for everyone, Krishna people and christians are really into rules and traditiond based on those rules that are based on traditions that died but were revived by somebody who didn't understand the ritual, etc.
All I know is that Christian and vaishnavas would turn away so many in this world, and if they didn't they would "righteously assert their way"

But the Katha upanishad is pretty useful at explaining God as a whole, which is deeper and opens more channels to choose your favorite way to dress up that hidden Brahman. True god doesn't "show up" it's always there.
>>
>>17500400

I know this might be slightly offtopic, but
>disillusioned with Christianity

why do you say so,OP?
>>
>>17506476
The Upanisads generally speak of the impersonal Bramhan, which although real, is only one step in the realization of the absolute truth. Even better than Bramhan is localized paramatma, and even more perfect is Svayam Bhagavan Sri Krsna, who is without material qualities but possesses a transcendental body.
>>
File: 1335149707094.gif (2MB, 320x179px) Image search: [Google]
1335149707094.gif
2MB, 320x179px
>>17506546
You say it's only a step, but I don't like this level walking, I think it's a false tradition that should be thrown away. I know god from the patterns that are left on the snail shell, and I know that thinking of God as a human being is unhealthy at best. God is more than what any one of us could comprehend, god is an endless spiral, the drill that pierces the heavens, but also the heavens themselves. Seeing god as formless gives it more room to show itself, and it makes your eyes as good as an eagle. If you hold onto the truth that we are all collectively god, you can see through the mists of illusion and fantasy and truly make what you ought to make, to do what you ought to do, to capture that rabbit. Otherwise you are always giving others power over you, your god, and your mind. Can you fly free or will you be a falconer's falcon?
>>
>>17506589
In our natural state of being, we crave relationships and variety. The formless God will never be able to truly satisfy the self. Only a loving relationship with Krsna can do that.
>>
File: browsing 4chan.jpg (1KB, 125x71px) Image search: [Google]
browsing 4chan.jpg
1KB, 125x71px
>>17506596
Maybe your natural state is different, but I am hardly ever satisfied with a single faction, I want it all in it's incomprehensible glory. I will make sense out of it, because that's the power that I've attained, I feel like krishna's a trap. And I don't mean Mohini, I mean or wait...yes I do mean mohini.
>>
>>17504502
He probably cried out for Jesus because he was told Jesus loved him and would take care of his body and soul from the time he was born. If he was born in India, he probably would not have cried out for Jesus.

If he wants to explore, he should. If he's drawn to Hinduism after being told over and over that Jesus is unquestionably the son of God, then he clearly has doubts.
>>
Going to try this tonight
>>
I swear now this really happened to me

I was pretty big into this Hinduism thing and shit and I regularly listened to vishnu mantras and was learning a lot about the religion and I usually listen to music in bed before I sleep, but I stop right before I fall asleep, I never actually fall asleep while listening to the music. So one evening I decide to listen to a vishnu mantra in bed before sleeping, it's this exact one https://youtu.be/Gq2-EpO26Gk because I found it relaxing and soul cleansing, so im listening to this mantra and I apparently fall asleep, which never happened before while actually still listening music so I wake up in the morning in several hours later and the thing is still playing, I'm in the exact same position I was before I fell asleep and the earbuds are still in my ears, now you gotta take in count the clip only lasts about half an hour and this thing was still playing, my phone also somehow was fully charged and didn't lose a single battery percentage when it usually loses around 10% with everything off, and apparently try it was playing this mantra all night. I got pretty spooked after this and thought I tapped I to something I shouldn't have so I stopped listening mantras all together and stopped learning about the religion. This type of thing never happened to me after that occasion.
>>
File: 1456205750415.jpg (84KB, 1000x928px) Image search: [Google]
1456205750415.jpg
84KB, 1000x928px
>>17500400
>Vishnu
Can it poo in the loo?
>>
>>17508208
Poopie for a roopie xD
>>
Pussy. Wait until you're touched by Ma.

Also Jesus is just a mithraic krshna figure, that is, the risen sun.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-25-09-02-08.png (2MB, 1200x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-25-09-02-08.png
2MB, 1200x1920px
>>17508342
Thus is but one path to totality. At least Vishnu isn't so laden with bhakti plebs getting high on their ego instead of actually doing something.
>>
File: Kali_and_Bhairava_in_Union.jpg (136KB, 392x640px) Image search: [Google]
Kali_and_Bhairava_in_Union.jpg
136KB, 392x640px
>>17508347
Not that I have room to talk. I do some weird shit in my communion.
>>
>>17508347
>bhakti plebs
at least they still smile instead of shitposting
>>
File: 5f0.jpg (42KB, 500x504px) Image search: [Google]
5f0.jpg
42KB, 500x504px
>>17508367
They have a certain look in their eyes. Like a dog or a compulsive hoarder. Still have yet to find one so assured they cant be rustled in over 3 minutes. And what's to say I'm not smiling?
>>
>>17506809
True for you not true for me. I crave a relationship with the One which cannot be broken.
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1458923208818.jpg (381KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1458923208818.jpg
381KB, 720x720px
>>17500400
What a coincidence... same position
>>
>>17508779
you are aware that the guy on the left isn't Vishnu right?
>>
>>17508794
Look, both have snakes, snakes are reptilian...
>>
>>17508807
It's shiva and the symbol itself is not of importance but what the symbol stands for, the meaning goy
>>
>>17508807
And it is not reptilian.
>>
>>17500400
Lay off the pipe son.
>>
>>17506589

I swear it's in a cat's unholy programming to fuck with anything and everything that's not a cat.
>>
>>17500468
it's he, you dimwit
and the snake is his servant, adishesha
>>
>>17500400

News at 11: the religion of beautiful white people more peaceful than degenerate shitskin religion.
>>
>>17500400
Stop making shit up you delusional twat.
>>
>>17508779
you mean cross legged?

also look at the hands- clearly different mahamudras
>>
>>17502266
>To me, Vishnu is The Father of whom Jesus always spoke
Can you recomend some more material on the relationshhip between Christianity and Vaishnavism?

>>17506477
Because I studied the history. The Church has always been a whore for power and politics, always changing her beliefs to suit the prevailing ideology of the day, and what's worse, pretending they have always remained the same! There are contradictions between the Old and New Testaments and between both and science, etc.

But what personally bothers me the most is that I find the Christian way pretty much spiritually and metaphysically barren, boiling down to: believe in this book, be a good person and you will go to heaven when you die. There's nothing more to see, nothing to achieve, nothing to discover as far as the supernatural is concerned. All that's left to do is waiting for death or for Jesus's return. But I'm not content with this. I want to see and explore what's out there, whether it's demonic or not, I need to see it for myself. Many here may or may not sympathize with this sentiment.

>>17509555
I'm not.
>>
>>17509544
I don't get it. Please clarify what you're trying to say.
>>
File: 1354161243782.gif (3MB, 285x214px) Image search: [Google]
1354161243782.gif
3MB, 285x214px
>>17508702
Weird, same, I worship the one who is only ever changed.

>>17508807
Snakes have spines and mastered all the secrets to cruising on bio electricity. Yoga is teaching this from snakes to people to people to people to people to people to people to you.
>>
What a load of bollocks. This doesn't happen to Hindus, you're just a nutter.
>>
>>17509694
>the relationshhip between Christianity and Vaishnavism

http://www.vedabase.com/en/ssr/4
>In 1974...Śrīla Prabhupāda and several of his disciples took a morning walk with...a Benedictine monk...Noticing that Śrīla Prabhupāda was carrying meditation beads...Father Emmanuel explained that he also chanted a constant prayer: "Lord Jesus Christ, be merciful unto us." The following conversation ensued.

Prabhupada discussing various philosophers with a disciple (Be forewarned, the talks have been criticized as mischaracterizing some stances.):

Origen
http://www.vedabase.com/en/bid/4

Augustine
http://www.vedabase.com/en/bid/5

Aquinas
http://www.vedabase.com/en/bid/6

This book and the one mentioned in the review (East-West dialogues) and anything interfaith by Stephen J Rosen (Satyaraja Dasa).

iskconnews org / book-review-christ-and-krishna-where-the-jordan-meets-the-ganges,3382/

He has a wonderful way of explaining Vaishnavism to the unfamiliar, and manages a rather neutral stance while doing so.

> I want to see and explore what's out there, whether it's demonic or not, I need to see it for myself.

Bg 9.27 — Whatever you do, whatever you eat, whatever you offer or give away, and whatever austerities you perform – do that, O son of Kuntī, as an offering to Me.

Bhakti isn't about how you act, that emerges naturally. Bhakti is about who you act for.
>>
>>17500400
Probs got fucking pissed when you asked for help from jesus
>>
reminds me of this reddit story

https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/4atfyv/dad_wears_a_muslim_amulet_but_were_catholic/
>>
>>17508881
cats and woman are programmed similarly
>>
>>17500468

snakes represent a sine wave, usually, but kundalini may be allowing a snake demon to take over your body.

>>17500400

i know a guy who beat a demon without any jesus stuff, but he did call on michael and a few other archangels.
>>
>>17511281
please define demon
>>
>>17500400
Jesus and Vishnu are shards of the same prism. Its Faith that has power.
>>
>>17511307
What's up Luther?

>>17511148
Prabhupada interprets the commandment thou shall no kill as applying to every form of life, including animals. In that case, what to make of Yahweh specifically rejecting the sacrifice of grain offered by Cain in the OT?

>Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground. ... Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD. And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering. But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell. Genesis 4:2-5

Yahweh specifically asks for animal sacrifice:

>And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. And the Lord smelled a sweet savour. Genesis 8:20-21

And:

>An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee. Exodus 20:24

Etc.
>>
>>17512152
Cont.

Moreover, Prabhupada says that Jesus was a preacher of God consciousness because he was tolerant and compassionate, and prayed to God to forgive even the persons who were crucifying him.

How different is this from Yahweh, who is a vengeful god, and had nothing but hatred towards the gentiles, and was constantly punishing his own people like a jealous husband, cursing and using lowly language?

>See how the faithful city has become a prostitute! Isaiah 1:21

>Behind your doors and your doorposts you have put your pagan symbols. Forsaking me, you uncovered your bed, you climbed into it and opened it wide; you made a pact with those whose beds you love, and you looked with lust on their naked bodies.

>I gave faithless Israel her certificate of divorce and sent her away because of all her adulteries. Yet I saw that her unfaithful sister Judah had no fear; she also went out and committed adultery. Jeremiah 3:8
>>
>>17512155
Cont.

There is of course another explanation, namely that Yahweh is not God the Father of whom Jesus spoke in the Gospel, but merely a lower deity not unlike a deva or possibly even an asura.

According to one sacred book of the Cathars, Yahweh was non other than Satan himself:

>"Then Satan retraced his path, filling himself with evil plots. He ascended to the angel who was over the air and to the angel who was over the waters, and unto them said: 'All things are mine. If you hearken to me, I will place my throne over the clouds and I will be like the Most High." I will bear the waters up above this firmament and I will gather the other waters into wide seas."

http://gnosis.org/library/Interrogatio_Johannis.html

Compare with Genesis 1:7:

>So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so.

Again from the Interrogatio Johannis:

>"Then Satan took his seat above the firmament . . . he made the light of the moon and from half the light of day. From precious stones he made fire, and from fire he made all the host of heaven and the stars, and from them he made angels, his ministering spirits, according to the plan of the Governor Most High. He also made thunder, rain, hail, and snow, and over these he set his ministering angels.

>"He [Satan] commanded the earth to bring forth all living things —animals, trees, and herbs. The sea he commanded to bring forth fish; and the air, birds of the heavens. And he pondered on making man to serve him; he took clay of the earth and made man like unto himself.
>>
>>17512152
>>17512155
If you are asking for my view,

>the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering. But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect.

The problem wasn't with the offering, it was with the person and the consciousness of the offer.

>Yahweh specifically asks for animal sacrifice

Animal sacrifice is legitimate worship, when done properly. Vedas are full of various types. It is not the proscribed process for this day and age.

>How different is this from Yahweh

Truthfully what I see are two different viewpoints on the same infinite being.

>>17512184
>Yahweh is not God the Father of whom Jesus spoke in the Gospel, but merely a lower deity not unlike a deva or possibly even an asura.

I find ideas like this rather silly. Does ANY theist today use the terms God, Yahweh, Jehovah to mean "not the Supreme Being, but some lesser being?" Labels are man-made, and all names belong to Krishna. If a person has the Supreme Being in their consciousness as they worship, then that is who they are worshipping.
>>
>>17512184
The parallels with the book of Genesis are obvious:

>Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so. Genesis 1:11

>And God said, "Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years. Genesis 1:14

It follows therefore that Krishna consciousness is not compatible with Orthodox Christianity inasmuch as it accepts the Jewish god and scripture as canonical (the sentiment is mutual by the way). However it is perfectly compatible with certain gnosticizing and "heretical" undercurrents of Christianity that, according to some, contain the true teachings of Jesus of Nazareth.

It is said, for example, that the Cathars preached non-violence and vegetarianism, and believed in reincarnation. For this they were famously genocided by Catholic Yahweh worshippers in the Albigensian Crusade.

Now which one do you think is more compatible with Krishna consciousness, Catharism/Gnosticism or Yahweh-worship? (This is a rhetorical question.) So stop pandering to Yahweh-worshippers or be a hypocrite.
>>
>>17512209
Cont.

Finally, I find this commentary from Prabhupada particularly remarkable:

>The spiritual world and God are existing everlastingly. The bodies of creatures in this material world are created, but God is always in the spiritual world with countless servants. According to our philosophy, there is no limit to the number of living entities.
>Those who do not like to serve are put into this material world.
>If we do not serve God in the spiritual world, we come down into the material world to serve the illusory energy of God.

http://www.vedabase.com/en/bid/6

The Interrogatio Johannis says:
>I said, "Lord, before Satan fell, in what splendor did he attend the Father?" He said: "Among the virtues of heaven and at the throne of the Father invisible; he was regulator of all things and sat with my Father.'
>And he pondered, wishing to place his throne upon the clouds and to 'be like the Most High.

Satan did not like to serve, but wanted to rule and be like the Most High. Since however he cannot be higher than God, he fell from his lofty station in the spiritual world in this "material world to serve the illusory energy of God", becoming a deva-like storm god not far removed from Indra. God granted his wish, in a way. But since God cannot be subordinate to lesser beings, he gave Yahweh-Satan the material world to rule.
>>
>>17512209
Krishna Consciousness is compatible with just about everything. Even a materialistic atheist can adopt KC toward an impersonal conception and devotion (of sorts) to the Supreme. The main belief incompatible with KC that I know is thinking the self is the Supreme.

>>17512229
Yes, this is EXACTLY the story of Brahma. Actually, it is the tale of ALL of us. We all wish to be God, we all desire to be the central controller and enjoyer. Souls that manifest this nature are sent here to act it out. According to some in Gaudiya Vaishnavism, all souls descend to the material world first as Brahma - the secondary creator and overseer of each universe.
>>
>>17512229
>deva-like
Correction. Yahweh falls short of the dignity is a deva because it is said that the devas are characterized by the mode of goodness and affirm the spiritual reality, whereas the asuras only recognize the material world as real (chandogya upanishad).

Seeing that the OT has no concept of the spirit of the afterlife:

>The ancient Hebrews had no idea of an immortal soul living a full and vital life beyond death, nor of any resurrection or return from death. Human beings, like the beasts of the field, are made of "dust of the earth," and at death they return to that dust (Gen. 2:7; 3:19).

On the contrary it states:

>For the living know they will die; but the dead do not know anything, nor have they any longer a reward, for their memory is forgotten. Ecclesiastes 9:5

>Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might; for there is no activity or planning or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol where you are going. Ecclesiastes 9:10

It must, therefore, be admited that Yahweh is a fully asuric, that is demonic and materialistic, entity with no semblance of goodness whatsoever.
>>
>>17512241
>Actually, it is the tale of ALL of us. We all wish to be God, we all desire to be the central controller and enjoyer.
Interesting. According to some Satanists Lucifer is the representative of humanity and in a sense all of us.
>>
File: 1434380087101.gif (4MB, 532x529px) Image search: [Google]
1434380087101.gif
4MB, 532x529px
>>17500400
wait, so u can jump into different religion bandwagons and instantly get accepted???
dafuq
>>
the LORD probably saved you from the infinity of spiritual mumbo jumbo that screw with ya
>>
>>17507091
Why is it such a bad thing that your phone stayed on the whole night?
>>
>>17509694
>the church is always changing their beliefs
>there are contradictions between the old and new testaments
>The church has existed since the old testament
>Christians as a whole follow both testaments, not just the second one
I'm not even Christian lad, but this shit is fucking wrong and shows how silly you are when any christian, historian, website or fucking layman could tell you otherwise.
>>
>>17500400
>when you're so desperate for attention you make up an RP from that one time you shat your bedsheets.
>>
>>17500400
Both of them are real.
The Trimundi owns all This Universe and every God is their Sons.
Christian Trinity just owns a little piece of land but its paradise takes anyone who believes them.
There is no problem but be true to your Gods (the ones you chose [YHWH's brother is an asshole]).
But I recomend to believe on the dogma in which you were born (Unless You're A Jew [In this case, you actually praying to no one]
Trust me, I'm a Doctor after all.
>>
>>17512279

Yea, it's called being an adult with discernment.
>>
>>17513657
What is Trimundi?
>>
>>17500400
KeK Christians are so gullible and fearful.
>>
>>17513756
Because some of them never had a paranormal experience.
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
>>17502280
no u
>>
Literally shoot yourself.
>>
>>17513756
>>17513770

Maybe you've lived such a sheltered life you don't know the pain of torture and suffering.

Fear is an important part of the chaotic life that is earth.

Shitskin religions LOVE to taunt people into fearlessness in order to walk all over them due to their weakness formed from false security.

Fear is a part of the shitskin religion of Zen Buddhism, the closest thing to white pure truth.
>>
>>17513778
Why so much hatred my friend?
>>
>>17513746
He means Trimurti.
>>
I worshipped Hindu gods for the past few months, but I didn't experience anything. You guys know anything I can do to experience some spooky stuff?
>>
>>17514805
Find a corpse and sit on it for the whole night while repeatIng the secret mantra 10800 times
>>
do it again!
>>
fun fact, vedas came from the whites who conquered india wayyy back in the day. in fact my very first spiritual experience was with vishnu. i was wondering about hinduism and in my head i hear "VISHNUUUU",
and out of the sky drops this massive dude with 8 arms looking glorious. also had some fun with krishna too.. god of love, nope god of war. get in there and fight coward. pretty cool guy.
>>
>>17515254
that's unproven, probably made up to justify dominating hindus by the brits
>>
>>17507091
So Vishnu (the preserver) essentially preserved your phone battery

Then you got spooked by Vishnu doing the thing Vishnu does.

Perhaps consider applying more Vishnu in your life to live longer, eh? If it works, it works.
>>
>>17515282
>that's unproven
Only to Hindu nationalists and PC scholars.
>>
File: image.jpg (132KB, 709x459px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132KB, 709x459px
Years before I started drinking or doing drugs, I'd experience something similar, OP. Most notably, I once saw a white, glowing sphere surrounded by Buddhas after I'd layed down for a nap one day - it was so shocking, I sat up in bed.

The west doesn't include certain things in it's common lexicon and worldview, and without the words or concepts, the only way to experience those things is happenstance.

You learned the lexicon and the worldview, and could suddenly experience things that you had no means before to conceptually summon at will.

That being said, Vishnu is real and his preservation is admirable - note the snake, Shesha, that he and his wive Lakshmi rest on.
>>
>>17515459
>Don't tread on me gone hardcore
>poo in pantaloo
INDIA.
>>
>be last fall
>go to Indian restaurant with friend
>sit down at our table
>see they have statue of Shiva by the food
>say to friend
>"do you know why they have shiva next to the food?"
>friend doesn't know
>"Shiva is the destroyer, exactly what this food is gonna do to your butthole"
>friend laughs
>"hahah that's fucking stupid"
>we finish food
>friend runs to the bathroom
>texts me from the toilet
>"We shouldn't have mocked shiva"
>>
>>17500400
sleep paralysis can happen in early stages of sleep when you're still mostly awake. Happens to my brother. you just freaked yourself out.
>>
>>17500400
Are you Indo European?
(Hinduism was practiced by the Indo European Aryans)
Maybe the Hindu gods are trying to contact you and draw you away from the false Abrahamic faith and bring you back to something that fits your soul.
TL;DR stop shilling your soul out to a Palestinian volcano god and don't be afraid to delve into something that fits your soul
>>
>>17506183
You're a fucking IDIOT. Prabhupada never molested any children you dunce. Learn your facts before you open your proverbial mouth, dumbass.
>>
>>17515589

You are an IDIOT! Pushanti Mundalando is also a molestermen.

Also maguru Mahandaguhooni

And Pahat Pahoogastink
>>
>>17515579
This. Christianity doesn't mean anything to me anymore. Christian churches are nothing but big secular ONGs by now, competing for donations and attention with UNESCO, Greenpeace, etc., except they pay lip service to the "spiritual" now and then. Paganism is not a real religion because modern Pagans don't have access to what the ancients actually believed and don't possess a legitimate priesthood. Hinduism and Zoroastrianism are the only legitimate Indo-European religions alive today.
>>
>>17515700
>Hinduism and Zoroastrianism are the only legitimate Indo-European religions alive today.
Oh and Buddhism too.
>>
Boy OP, next thing you know you might be shitting in the streets...
>>
>>17509825
Does the eel actually enjoy that?
>>
>>17500400
Man the fuck up, OP.
>>
>>17515683

If you haven't seen Ben Balendaberry speak at a Mystic Guru convention, you haven't even had your Praishnagama awakening!
>>
>>17500400
Jesus is a filthy cunt. A disgusting charlatan. The charles manson of anciant rome. Who somehow got his cult to survive for 2 thousand years. Nothing about that religion is real.
>>
>>17516208

Wouldn't your eel actually enjoy it?
>>
>>17509694
All that was predicted in Revelation. Humans always mess up Gods command.

http://pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW
>>
>>17500400
Fuck your disillusionment. Is Jesus real or not? If so, why run out on Him with a different god? If not, why are you calling out to him when shit gets real? The spirits don't like two timing whores.
>>
>>17500400
You do know that within Christianity, there are night day differences in practices, beliefs, and theology right? Orthodox are not Roman Catholics, catholics are not protestants, protestants are not the same as evangelicals, and evangelicals are not the the same as charismatics, and then there are some who overlap beliefs and prctices, and some who don't.

Personally explore the diversity of Christianity in good faith before you imagine that you're "disillusioned" with all of it.
>>
>>17516499
Stop with 2 thousand years crap its 30+ thousand ya fucking retards
>>
>>17517375
>30+ thousand
wut?
>>
File: Dingo.jpg (6KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
Dingo.jpg
6KB, 189x267px
>>17514805
Did you worship them while eating like a hindu? It's pretty essential.

Otherwise >>17515042
I had a lot of success with this. If you are an extree vegetarian, all animals corpses are corpses, and my dog friend had died. But you gotta get your guru to give you the mantra. If you were suggested to worship those gods on here, then I'll tell it to you in this post, if you write it out with only vowels. and then add your favorite shaktibeej.
>>
>>17516208
Yeah, actually, it swam up to him when he cleaned the tank for those pats. Eels are quite like dogs, and there are colonial eels that are related to moray eels. Maybe they're social, maybe it's past life weird, all I know is the guy is cute and I like eels.
>>
File: giphy.gif (77KB, 425x254px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
77KB, 425x254px
Hearing a humming noise is often how an episode of sleep paralysis begins. Also happens when you're having trouble falling asleep.
>>
>>17500400
Sleep paralysis .... Btw it doesn t need you to be asleep
>>
>>17508779
Shiva is the DESTROYER!
YES he is baphomet, satan, whatever western plebs wanna call him.
>>
>>17519101
Shiva is one of the purest, holiest beings conceived of. Baphomet and Satan aren't destroyers, they are ADVERSARIES. A concept wholly absent from Hindu philosophies. Even the demons and Maya are ultimately considered to be part of and/or serving the Supreme.

You're confusing an expert demolitions team with a terrorist bombing.

How would you eat if your food cannot be destroyed? How would you grow if your old cells did not make way for the new? Without destruction, without Shiva, the universe is stagnant, unchanging, a static picture. Not even dead because it couldn't live.
>>
"And blessed is he who does not take offense at Me."

- Iesou Christou
>>
>>17519127
>Even the demons and Maya are ultimately considered to be part of and/or serving the Supreme.
>serving
Then the supreme has been playing a very cruel joke on us, senpai.
What did we ever do to deserve it? babies and young kids dying in war zones?
Violence and other anti-humanity activities can not be explained without having a totally good God and completely evil Devil.
>>
>>17519149
> very cruel joke on us
The joke that is being pulled is us on ourselves.
>>
>>17519149
Maya serves the Supreme by putting the souls that wish to be independent under the illusion that they are. Demons serve indirectly by being a slave to the whims of their body and mind - which is the material energy of the Supreme.

>What did we ever do to deserve it?
We asked for it. We wanted to be the central enjoyer and be independent from the Supreme. It is magnanimity that we are allowed to persist in such folly.

Is it so rough for you to understand that the "evil" in this world is caused by us? There's no Devil manipulating you and telling you to do things. There is only your own desire to control and enjoy.
>>
>>17519189
> the "evil" in this world is caused by us
>There is only your own desire to control and enjoy.
sure, but why is our inherent desires so selfish and destructing?
i'm sure if the supreme wanted, he could have made us ultra-nice, and selfless.
still doesn't explain the need for the supreme to create such beings who love killing the innocent babies of their own.
I bet the supreme is a sadist. Demiurge, maybe?

i'm not impressed by this pain inducing creator.
we need to get rid of him.
>>
I find one of the largest differences between Vedic monotheism and Abrahamic is the position of this world.

For Abraham's God this world - Earth, the material realm - is MEANT for humans. We're supposed to be here, and there is a plan to "fix" this world so it is perfect later.

In the Vedic view, this world is a PRISON. It's the place to send aberrant souls, the ones that don't share and want to make everything about them. We're here to fix OURSELVES and GET OUT.

>why is our inherent desires so selfish and destructing?
Because they clash. Everyone can't be the center. We interpret this as negative.

>he could have made us ultra-nice, and selfless.
The Supreme is the source of everything, but the soul was never created. We are as eternal as God.

>need for the supreme to create
There is no need, and we were never created.
>>
>>17519127
>adversary, a concept wholly absent from Hindu philosophies
i beg to differ slightly, for many hindu dudes consider forces of nature as polarized, containing two opposing-complementary forces. Ganesh is thought to be both the setter of obstacles as well as their remover; maya shakti is the cause of illusion yet also the giver of liberation.
Then again, to view Baphomet or Satan from such narrow-pointed perspective as to call them "adversaries (of god)" is absurd and renders one incapable of seeing truth behind christian allegory and myth; in esoteric branches of christianity (they are out there) Satan is often times seen much like Ganesha; the ruler of this world, the lord of Ganas (shiva's legion of demons), concrete manifestation of the mind of God, grand teacher and illuminator, the big head honcho in the reality inc., ruler of the element earth, so on and so forth, yeah? Baphomet as seen by Eliphas Levi is a fantastically deep and fascinating symbol, and it's relation and/or identity with tifret is especially cool.
>>
>>17519222
>the soul was never created. We are as eternal as God.
still doesn't explain the need for a matter body which dies so soon, and while alive, is constantly ridden with ailments and pains.

>we were never created.
ok, but where do we come from then? God?
and why don't i remember coming from Him?

Really, just prove God exists and we'll go from there. Let's make an archivable thread here.
>>
File: kyubei.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kyubei.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>>17519204
The creator has revealed many was to chill out, but he gave this advice to chill dudes, not ones who hear "destroyer" and shit themselves. The kind of person that takes comfort in knowing that they will continue breathing tomorrow, or maybe not.

This sadist thing is kinda attributing a bit more passion to stuff. Sadism is like what humans do, god does sadism but also the kindness of every mother and the march of time that heals all wounds.

The only kind thing that a mage who creates sentient fire can do is make a world for them and let them slowly burn out as fires do. Or they become soot that gets swept into the garden to become flowers, or stay as ash and be still.

Evil is caused not only by those who do evil but also those who think evil. In old norse society the word for evil let somebody murder you for saying it. If you say evil, then you become evil, like black and white, pictures are either moving or they aren't. And you suck for not realizing that it's never just one thing. Hinduism leads you to realize that all questions have different answers, but they all involve life. So your sadism might possibly be because you wanted to ask questions. Like lab rats we are for karmic winds from somebody else who is us actually but our individuaistic minds don't want to accept it.
>>
>>17519249
> it's never just one thing.
>all questions have different answers,
>somebody else who is us
hmm, nice strings of words you wrote there, but it still doesn't take us anywhere near the intention of this thread - to ascertain whether God or angels [devas for hindus] actually exist or not.

bull-shitting your way towards the 300 post limit won't make your case. Only Concrete evidence proves whether the world has been wasting their lives looking for a magical old bearded guy in the sky or it was just a pipe-dream of a high faggot.

see, even i can bullshit my way to a long-ass post that seems to look reasonable and will probably make you go - "oh-my-this-faggot-knows-what-he's talking-about!"
>>
>>17519236
>for many hindu dudes consider forces of nature as polarized, containing two opposing-complementary forces.

Forces of nature, yes. Go ask those Hindu dudes what is the force opposite of Brahman. Because all those dualities you mention are under that Supreme Brahman.

>Satan is often times seen much like Ganesha; the ruler of this world
Where are you getting that Ganesha-deva is the ruler of the material world? Or even of Earth, if that's what you meant?

>the lord of Ganas
He is their leader, he is not a demon himself.

But this feels beside the point. I am simplifying things I don't know enough about, and for that I apologize. However, I was responding with this conception of Satan in mind, which you must agree is very prevalent.

>a totally good God and completely evil Devil
>>
>>17519242
>still doesn't explain the need for a matter body which dies so soon, and while alive, is constantly ridden with ailments and pains.

There is no need. There is a concession. A little piece of God's energy we can experience and be illusioned to think we control so we can play God.

Death comes because the manifestations of material energy are not eternal. Pain and ailment comes from various combinations of this incompatible mix of eternal/temporary and from the clash of living entities all trying to be the center.

>where do we come from then? God?
We don't come from anywhere. We have always existed. God is the source of all material and spiritual existence, but it isn't a chain of events.

>why don't i remember coming from Him?
Because the soul is limited.

>>17519272
>to ascertain whether God or angels [devas for hindus] actually exist or not.
That was never the intention of the thread.
>>
>>17519326
>We don't come from anywhere. We have always existed. God is the source of all material and spiritual existence, but it isn't a chain of events.
what?!?!?!?

>Because the soul is limited.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

you do know your fancy words. but, that's about the only thing you know.
you need to stop reading all the "religious philosophy".
>>
File: is.png (221KB, 590x422px) Image search: [Google]
is.png
221KB, 590x422px
>>17519272
Yeah and what if this is just cryptic advice to help you reach god.

The shiva lingam is in every curve of our dna helix and you can't see that as real?
We rotate in an eliptical orbit why?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw13EAX3cZk

Why is this an elipse? Why are all waves eliptical shapes? Why is all feeling an elipse or can be visualized as one?

Our feelings are also elipses, brainwaves. We can tune our brainwaves to become more stable in this eliptical shape, and that creates wisdom, and tranquility. Srsly look up theta brainwaves. Try finding a guru, it's the way of future science.
>>
>>17519352
>worshiping a dick entering a vagina
>literally worshiping sex
>worshiping indulgence in the most matrialistic activity possible.
>vintage porn, baby!
say bye bye to Nirvana. No Moksha for you, kid! have a fun fapping session though.
>>
>>17519342
indeed, words like "limited" and "chains" are very fancy
>>
>>17519342
>what?!?!?!?
Many people perceive theistic creation as a chain of events. There was God, then He created the world, then He created life. I don't believe this to be correct. God, along with His energies of the spiritual realm, the material realm, and the living entities have all always existed.

I can give you lots of analogies, but they all use material objects and therefore cannot adequately describe the spiritual.

>ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
You think you are unlimited?
>>
>>17519373
why don't i remember my soul's journey?

>soul is permanent and unlimited
so, are you saying my soul has an experience that lasts eternity?
and yet i'm pretty much a retard when it comes to many basic things.
isn't it cheating on God's part to take my angelic wisdom away when he is allowing me to born as a human being? i mean, if i had my eternal wisdom, wouldn't i and everyone else, know that war is good for nothing? wouldn't that prevent 2 month old babies from being killed when mortar comes flying into that child's home?

your God is not a nice guy, people. fucker's a sadist.
OR
no eternal god exists, no eternal soul exists.
come to think of it, there's no evidence of this eternal existence anywhere. which means, nothing paranormal can exist, and hence, this board is a complete waste of time.

>>>/x/ BTFO'd!
>>
>>17500400
Hare Krishna!
>>
>>17519392
OR
HAIL CHRIST for those in the west.
>>
>>17519280
the opposing force of parabrahman is manifest reality. there are no super-natural forces, all gods and potential entities are symbolic presentations of natural forces. rid the superstition, bro.
The idea that Ganesha is analogous to Demiurge comes from tantra; shiva and shakti, as symbolic representations of natural forces, awareness and energy respectably, give birth to ganesh, symbol of loving intelligence, buddhi. Atma-manas-buddhi is analogous to shiva-shakti-ganesha, respectably. In ganesha is combined the authority of both his parents, and indeed the force directing all of nature is buddhi; he is the supreme head honcho, since shiva is the hidden unknown father and shakti is everything; shiva is outside manifest reality, shakti is manifest reality, ganesha is the agent of action for shiva inside manifest reality. through him shiva does his thing, just as through tifret kether does it's thing.
gods and demons... it's eventually a matter of point of view to call an entity one thing or the other. they are forces of nature, which can take on ugly and terrifying symbolical forms or they ca be beautiful and awesome. fire means a very different thing to a dry forest floor than it does to a wood-burning oven, get it? each given point of view inside manifest reality has it's own thing going on, more than ever in context of postmodern occultism.
>>
>>17519326
Also, help yourself and forfeit the idea that we need to escape from the material world. This is not a prison, and there is a very good reason why western world is riding the crest of the temporal wave and not the hindus. Theosophy has it's issues but it's basic teachings about the course of human evolution seem accurate - our evolutive task in this given age of horus-aquarius has to do with claiming control over the kingdom of minerals and material elements; it would be wrong for our current dharma to seek escape from the material world. What do you think all those christian people really meant when they said a new earth and a new heaven will be built? Matter is crystallized thought, and the time has come for man to seek to manifest his ideas in matter; what was a prison for aryans is a bountiful cornucopia of potential self-expression for this given age.
>>
>>17519391
>why don't i remember my soul's journey?
Because you are not God. You are limited. You cannot even remember everything in one lifetime, yet you expect to be able to remember other lifetimes?

http://www.vedabase.com/en/bg/4/5

>soul is permanent and unlimited
No, the soul is limited.

>so, are you saying my soul has an experience that lasts eternity?
Hrm, I'm not sure on that one. I will think and study up on it.

>isn't it cheating on God's part to take my angelic wisdom away when he is allowing me to born as a human being?
No. Delusion is the only way to fulfill our desire to be independent, because there is no independence from God.

>if i had my eternal wisdom, wouldn't i and everyone else, know that war is good for nothing
You would know everything in this material world is a source of misery. But you would still want to be in it.

>wouldn't that prevent 2 month old babies from being killed when mortar comes flying into that child's home?
That specific source of misery? Perhaps. It would not remove the blanket misery that things we want to stay the same will change. But as Krishna says in the Gita, "While speaking learned words, you are mourning for what is not worthy of grief. Those who are wise lament neither for the living nor for the dead."

>your God is not a nice guy
God is 100% neutral when it comes to the happenings of this material world. Rain falls on the desert and the ocean.

> fucker's a sadist
In a very roundabout way, this is true. But it's more that God is disinterested. I've used the analogy of an MMO before, and I still think it's a good one. God is like a mother allowing her child to play WoW. Now the child is complaining that the game is unfair or the other players are mean or their avatar was killed. Well, who gives a shit, really? If it's is pissing you off, stop playing.
Cancel your subscription and get out.

Same logic goes for /x/ if that's how you feel.
>>
>>17519428
>the opposing force of parabrahman is manifest reality
Nonsense. Manifest reality is part of Brahman.

>The idea that Ganesha is analogous to Demiurge comes from tantra
Which sutra? Because from your posts, it seems like you are putting yourself as the ultimate authority and picking and choosing what things you like and declaring that as Truth. That makes it hard to accept what you say as authoritative and just the musings of your own mind.
>>
>>17519453
>You are limited
>the soul is limited.
yet i [my soul? or my matter body?] was created in God's image.
Now God being a supreme soul, and if my soul is "in his image" yet my soul "is limited" then isn't God limited as well? then why call him God?

If God isn't super-soul, and my soul is no "in his image" then why must i worship him? especially after knowing that he doesn't give a fuck what happens to me?

>God is like a mother allowing her child to play WoW.
he knew that game is not good for his child, yet he allows the child to play it. such a model parent. social services aren't doing their job, i guess.

If my real form is that of a soul then what is human life?
Is human life a gift or a punishment?
>>
>>17519473
>yet i [my soul? or my matter body?] was created in God's image.

We are identical in quality, not in quantity. We are the infinitesimal spark of the infinite fire.

>why must i worship him?
You don't have to. Those that have this desire exist here.

>especially after knowing that he doesn't give a fuck what happens to me?
He cares very much about what happens to you. It's the material body and all of its connections that are irrelevant.

>he knew that game is not good for his child
It doesn't hurt the child at all. Why does everyone want to take analogies too far?

>If my real form is that of a soul then what is human life?
>Is human life a gift or a punishment?
Not just human life - material life. Existing in the material world is an allowance, a concession. Prison might be too strong a term as I don't believe it to be a punishment (though some Vaishnavs would disagree). It's more like a playpen where we can be unruly. A segregation for our own appeasement.

Because souls like us don't WANT to be in the spiritual realm. Think about it - how annoying are the few evangelists on /x/? Now imagine an entire MULTIVERSE filled with nothing but living entities that praise and serve God ALL THE TIME and want you to praise and serve God with them for ALL ETERNITY. I'm trying my hardest to develop bhakti, and that still sounds like torture to me.

Human forms of life are a kind of hub or nexus. It is the form of life most conducive for removing the self from samsara. Devas live too comfortably, animals' consciousness is too covered, but humans have the presence of mind and the constant awareness of the miseries material life presents needed to develop the impetus for liberation.
>>
File: David-Icke1.jpg (55KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
David-Icke1.jpg
55KB, 480x720px
>>17500468
>How can you not see the snakes growing from her head?
Vishnu confirmed for reptilian
>>
>>17500459
To he honest he does look like a demon. Snakes growing out of his head wearing crowns. 4 hands holding weird obhects. Wears way too much gold to the point that it looks way too tacky. Indicating vanity and possible greed. Doesn't have a neck, uses make up, face looks like a woman, possibly hermaphrodite. Commands huge tentacles monster. Has a large mace weapon, so possibly violent.
>>
>>17519364
You know ancient people possible associated orgasm with Nirvana. Or imagined Nirvana feeling like an eternal orgasm. To us it sounds primitive but those were primitive people.
>>
>>17519472
i have no great urgency to prove myself to you. but it's stupid to think manifest reality is part of parabrahman - it negates the meaning of the word. All is one because all is one leads nowhere. But maybe you mean something different by brahman - this is why i specified, referring to parabrahman, which in my world, is identical with shiva. shiva is parabrahman, but to have any real meaning behind such words, one must know shiva is not shakti. brahman is not saraswati, sat is not maya.

this is not from sutras. tantra is not about scholastic speculation, it's a very living thing. it pays off to think for yourself, you know. and of course these are musings of my own mind, inspired or not. i wouldn't have it any other way, once having been rather fanatic about somesuch ancient orthodox philosophies. aryans can claim no monopoly on truth, so i do exactly as you accuse me of - i put myself as the ultimate authority, pick and choose things i like, and declare that as truth - a subjective and relative one, but nonetheless. if it doesn't tinkle you bells you're absolutely free to stick with orthodox religion.
>>
>>17519326
>soul is limited

..right
Like how there are people out there happens to know about their past lives and their past life's family their husband/wife and children and how they died of old age or maybe who even murdered them
..sounds quite limited right?
Don't act like you know everything the universe is quite complex and is beyond our understanding
>>
>>17509694
I do
>>
>>17519590
>i have no great urgency to prove myself to you
Enough to reply. :)

>manifest reality is part of parabrahman

>Bg 7.6 — All created beings have their source in these two natures. Of all that is material and all that is spiritual in this world, know for certain that I am both the origin and the dissolution.
>Bg 7.7 — O conqueror of wealth, there is no truth superior to Me. Everything rests upon Me, as pearls are strung on a thread.

>Bg 7.12 — Know that all states of being – be they of goodness, passion or ignorance – are manifested by My energy. I am, in one sense, everything, but I am independent. I am not under the modes of material nature, for they, on the contrary, are within Me.
>Bg 7.13 — Deluded by the three modes [goodness, passion and ignorance], the whole world does not know Me, who am above the modes and inexhaustible.
>Bg 7.14 — This divine energy of Mine, consisting of the three modes of material nature, is difficult to overcome. But those who have surrendered unto Me can easily cross beyond it.

Seems quite clear the material energy is part of Parabrahman. Do you have anything that says the material is separate or somehow opposed to Parabrahman?

>these are musings of my own mind
>i put myself as the ultimate authority

Then I can easily dismiss your understanding of parabrahman, as you have hijacked the word for your own purposes. This is the material view. "Let me take what is yours and use it for me."

>>17519615
Yes. It sounds extremely limited. Lord Brahma is the greatest embodied soul in each universe. He literally creates everything in our universe. His body is pure intelligence. And even Brahma ages and dies. Even Brahma is limited in his power.

>the universe is quite complex and is beyond our understanding
Only way this is true is if we are limited.
>>
>>17519664
I've read your following posts up there and you seem to sound monologuing again
you can write the whole as a walls of texts from wherever you got but at the end of the day it proves nothing those words mean nothing why? because we are not known to the unknown so we made it up and make it sound as much as that goes with our logic. Because we fear the unknown ...unless of course you can provide me some evidence that yes the stuff you wrote exist not some wack job who's high on weed 24/7 writing fanfics
>>
>>17519664
whatever. my path is mine, yours is yours - just find it sad you're such a great Bhakta there is no room for Jnana. I mean, if I quote the bible, would that mean that the world is literally made in seven days cause it says so in genesis? you kinda gotta figure some stuff out for yourself if you wanna get it - otherwise you become a pundit know-it-all who can't ever visit hogwarts. pride is a bit of a tricky master to have, lemme tell you
>>
>>17520167
Interesting, I critique myself as being too keen on jnana, with a false veneer of bhakti.

>if I quote the bible, would that mean that the world is literally made in seven days cause it says so in genesis?
I believe the Bible was divinely inspired, yes. I don't believe everything in the Bible can be properly understood because their disciplic line has been broken, but a person sincerely trying to reawaken love of God can do so by following the Bible.

>you kinda gotta figure some stuff out for yourself if you wanna get it
Will you clarify what you mean by figure some stuff out for yourself? I am uncertain whether you mean the difference between knowledge and realization (I feel you mean this with the pundit comment), or whether you mean disregarding the teachings of the mahajans and redefining the terms used. I feel the latter was happening with whoever was speaking of Parabrahman.

I don't really have an issue with people saying they have it figured out and their system is true, it's when they try to piggyback their conception by using terms like Parabrahman in a demonstrably incorrect manner that rustles my jimmies. If anon has their own system, why not use their own term? If anon developed that conception from a source, I asked for the source.

And just to be snarky:
> Bg 5.4 — Only the ignorant speak of devotional service [karma-yoga] as being different from the analytical study of the material world [Sāṅkhya]. Those who are actually learned say that he who applies himself well to one of these paths achieves the results of both.
>>
File: god ess.jpg (2MB, 1320x1872px) Image search: [Google]
god ess.jpg
2MB, 1320x1872px
>>17519364
It's not materialistic if it's genuine, persisting love, the kind that science doesmn't say exists. But hey, it's a good metaphor. Sometimes shiva goes limp and pulls out. science calls this the end of the universe. But with the knowledge that we're all gonna be reborn because Shakti is the all attractive. Like a bowl collects dust, mother goddess attracts shiva until dynamic change or waves are formed again.

I can totally gain moksha, because I can control my sexual drive, I can think during sexual activity, I have trained my mind to recieve the reflections of god. You haven't OP, you should try it though. Any sort of difference that happens is only because of the universe's cock into the universe's pussy. It's only happening forever because they are yogi's who delay accepting an answer until it's full for them.

Sexuality is an excellent metaphor for outer space. Women used to bleed with the moon(lions made this happen) and this gave man something frequent to study, and it lead to well, all advancement, period.

The Shiva-shakti worshippers say "all women are goddess" and it's really worth realizing that human abodes aren't always THAT dirty. We aren't always above our urges, and so we can be lead to good and ill by our urges, Just like the universe. Just like shiva and shakti, all things are in all things because one thing being in another thing simultaniously is what both generates our zygote lives and sustains the entire universe as we know it.
>>
File: Baphomet.jpg (245KB, 976x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Baphomet.jpg
245KB, 976x1050px
>>17520798
Shiva confirmed baphomet.
>>
>>17519524
>It's the material body and all of its connections that are irrelevant.
yet, i was given this irrelevant body without my consent. Why?

>It doesn't hurt the child at all.
I fell once and broke my arm. It hurt like hell.
this life is not an analogy, it's as real as your post.

>Because souls like us don't WANT to be in the spiritual realm.
as much time as i have wasted here in this human life, i'd rather be a pure energy soul which didn't die or had to face physical pain.
I want out. RIGHT NOW!

for me, this human life is a prison, a punishment, and i don't even know what crime i committed to deserve this.
I want to know.

Whoever is keeping me here can go suck it. Screw him.
>>
>>17519204
>Demiurge
Nah Brahma would be the Demiurge in this analogy. Krishna is more aloof.
>>
>>17521531
>yet, i was given this irrelevant body without my consent
This specific body? No idea. We have had tens of millions of lifetimes to bounce around from body to body. Some combination of karma and desire. Why a material body at all I already explained.

>this life is not an analogy, it's as real as your post.
Yes, the material is real, but it is temporary.

>as much time as i have wasted here in this human life
Compared to eternity, you have spent an infinitesimal amount of time in the material realm.

>i'd rather be a pure energy soul which didn't die or had to face physical pain
You already are.

>I want out. RIGHT NOW!
Great. For those who take shelter at the feet of Krishna, this is easy to do.

>i don't even know what crime i committed to deserve this
It isn't a crime, it's a desire that can't be fulfilled in the spiritual realm. You desired to not serve God, as did we all. As we all are continually doing.

>Whoever is keeping me here can go suck it. Screw him.
That...would be you.
>>
File: 1383671294350.png (897KB, 1601x1115px) Image search: [Google]
1383671294350.png
897KB, 1601x1115px
>>17521109
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pashupati_seal

>>17521531
The crime you committed was impatience, it's why you wasted so much of your life expecting something more. You sold your soul for desire, for a heart filled withgod does not want for anything.
>>
>>17505856
>except the trinity of christianity has been proven a forgery added to biblical texts, (the book of john, also proven to have at least 4 authors)
source?
>>
>>17521635
>Yes, the material is real, but it is temporary

Well according to Jaiva Dharma, the material world has a semblance of reality, being sometimes real and sometimes unreal, but I'm just nitpicking here
>>
http://www.ibtimes.com.au/suicide-rate-indian-farmers-rise-country-faces-urgent-water-crisis-1510457

if Hinduism is true then why is India in such a situation?
>>
>>17525159
because that's how the maya works
>>
>>17525159
http://healthland.time.com/2011/04/25/why-the-happiest-states-have-the-highest-suicide-rates/

If Christianity is true then why are Scandinavian countries the champions in suicide rates?

We are all in this valley of tears. The difference is that Dharmic religions (and Platonism, and Gnosticism) acknowledge this while Abrahamic ones state paradoxically that a perfectly good and omnipotent God created this mess.
>>
File: map_rivers_tibet11.png (157KB, 446x370px) Image search: [Google]
map_rivers_tibet11.png
157KB, 446x370px
>>17525159
From a scriptural stance, it is because they aren't properly performing sacrifices to the devas, and following the proscribed duties in the Vedas.
> Bg 3.14 — All living bodies subsist on food grains, which are produced from rains. Rains are produced by performance of yajña [sacrifice], and yajña is born of prescribed duties.

(Also, if anyone out there cares, I found an awesome site that shows commentaries on the Gita from the four heads of the main Vaishnav lines of succession: http://www.bhagavad-gita.org/Gita/verse-03-14.html)

Buuuut...from a secular point of view, it's because the two most populated nations in the world both get most of their water from the same dwindling glacier, huge industrial growth without accompanying infrastructure or regulation has polluted, depleted, or hoarded the groundwater, the average Indian is worse off economically than the average Chinese so they have less resources to help themselves out of such a situation, as the article states, there's been two years of drought in that region, and their press is more free than in China so we hear more reports of bad stuff coming from that nation.
>>
File: OM.jpg (546KB, 1113x1167px) Image search: [Google]
OM.jpg
546KB, 1113x1167px
>>17500400
Hinduism was a term created by the British. The real name of Hinduism is Sanatana Dharma which means the Eternal Religion or eternal spiritual truth. Religion is deep as fuck! Never looked into Vishnu at all. All bout Advaita Vedanta and Kashmir Shaivism. Look into them shits.
>>
>>17526060
Dharma doesn't translate very well as religion, IMO. Dharma is much more than some dogma and set of rules. Dharma can mean duty, or what one is supposed to do, but dharma is also the essential nature of an object. Fire has a dharma: heat and light. Humanity has a dharma. And sanatana dharma is the essential, eternal nature. The unchanging nature/duty/religion of all living entities.
>>
File: Shiva.jpg (168KB, 627x836px) Image search: [Google]
Shiva.jpg
168KB, 627x836px
>>17506546
What about Parama Siva?
>>
>>17526259
I misread this as Panorama Steve.
>>
>>17500400
>Should I try to communicate with him again or should I leave it at that?
How about apologize profusely and see if he'll ever have anything to do with you ever again?
>>
>>17526270
Steve means "wreath" or all that encompasses. It's a pretty decent name.
>>
>>17520306
i feel you bro. i've been edgy over all dem metaphysix lately and sometimes it makes me a dick. just i'm liberal in the sense that i feel like different terms and labels are not bound to specific traditions nowadays - which will certainly piss off devout followers of a set system. I'm all about this comparative stuff, trying to see through the labels a bit.. i don't claim to have anything really figured out, even if I secretly imply so - just I'm starting to guess or sense that there is such a thing a sanatana dharma, and it's not exclusively in sanskri, definitely not exclusively in vaishna. i get a boner when someone makes a cool analogy, like over aeons and yugas or samkhya and kabbala or whatever. i dislike roleplaying, i like what the oldies probably called philosophy that's now called magic cause philosophy is something that happens in academia over whether or not a tree makes a sound when nihilism comes marching in.
>>
>>17527822
I know that feel man

Im a Christian but I also recite the tara mantras feequently

Other Christians feel threatened by me and

Om Tare Tuttare Ture Soha

Maranatha
>>
>>17527846
much love to you anonji. i do japa for ganesha, sing kirtans for shiva, pray to tara, also research satanism, work with kabbala and tarot, do rituals for the seven planets, practice hatha yoga and blah. it's nice that patterns are emerging and i feel like i kinda have an idea how these forces are interrelated, but it sometimes gets a bit confusing and then i get ticked off when people shoot orthodox answers at me that don't necessarily require revelation or active thinking to comprehend. just last night i was trying to share my views on hell, jungian ideas on suppression and externalization of libido, satan as a symbol and so on but just met a brick wall with "it's not real, krishna is supreme". fuck that, really, even though i love krishna too, you know
>>
>>17500400
Our Lord has helped you to ask youself a good question : what happened? Are you a chicken? Be a human being right now and give Him YOUR answer. Nobody can do this but you.
>>
File: Kali.jpg (200KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Kali.jpg
200KB, 640x400px
>>17508355
What weird shit?

>tfw raped by kali. feels good man
>>
>>17527822
>>17527846
Don't tell anyone /x/, but I'm a sucker for religion. I love them all. I love church, meditation, yoga. I will pray the Lord's prayer and chant the gayatri mantra. I will hear evangelical sermons and lectures on advaita vedanta. I will read Aquinas and Ramanuja. And I love it all. Fuck everything.
>>
>>17527822
>>17527868
>>17529074
The search for meaning is where humanity truly begins. Those homo sapiens completely absorbed in the activities of eating/sleeping/mating/defending, the Gita calls them nara-adhama, lowest among humankind. Prabhupada would use the harsh term of "two-legged animals."

>brick wall, orthodox answers
This is a problem I find with many extollers of any faith. I feel it a symptom of the neophyte's position, where practice is sustained through faith rather than realization. It is an important step, but it can be a dangerous one in that offenses can be made. But what does it say about our own level of understanding that such brashness can offend us?

Great souls are often called hamsa, or swan, for in Vedic folklore it is understood a swan can drink watered-down milk, and accept only the milk, spitting out the water. In a similar way, the great souls can take any input, separating truth from illusion and accepting only the former.

I really, REALLY wish I could find another copy of an essay by Bhaktivinode Thakur called "How to worship outside your sect," it is such a nice interfaith message. I don't get how Vaishnavs can read Gita verses like 4.7&8, or all of Chapter 12, and still tell people to only do things their way or to think their way.

Spiritual competition is "my rival is doing so nice, let this inspire me to do even better," not the envy of "let me tear down what my rival has done to glorify my own works." I tried to find a nice webpage with the parable of the guru and his two disciples, this was the best I could find:
https://books.google.com/books?id=XoMRuiSpBp4C&pg=PA59&lpg=PA59&dq=hindu+tale+about+massaging+father%27s+legs&source=bl&ots=Z657T3u7Fe&sig=gnHg77YEof5cVrdbjTCO2FPWFRg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjoz4P_k-rLAhVK4yYKHY59CIYQ6AEIKTAD#v=onepage&q=hindu%20tale%20about%20massaging%20father%27s%20legs&f=false
(let's see if THAT gets past spam flags)
>>
>>17500400
Why do they all have extra limbs?
>>
>>17526092
Dharma means awake.

Sanatana dharma is essential awakeness.
This gives you the power to know what is needed to be known, for the greatest enjoyment of all things. You can't enjoy your daily birthday party if you're asleep, kiddo.

Your eyes have opened.
>>
>>17530712
Where do you get that translation?
>>
File: 1459377618263.jpg (1MB, 1600x1315px) Image search: [Google]
1459377618263.jpg
1MB, 1600x1315px
>unironically worshipping shitskindian hinpoo """gods"""

POO
IN
LOO
>>
>>17519149
>why would a just and loving perfect being make an unjust, cruel and imperfect world?

DEMIURGE
E
M
I
U
R
G
E
>>
File: 8LimbGirlBARC_468x319.jpg (27KB, 468x319px) Image search: [Google]
8LimbGirlBARC_468x319.jpg
27KB, 468x319px
>>17530637
Symbolically - multiple limbs signifies their influence/power/activities are more numerous than a human's can be.

Scripturally - higher forms of life in this universe get multiple arms. Why do we only have two? They can also choose whether to manifest those "extra" limbs, presenting themselves with two, four, six, or for some countless numbers of limbs.

Historically - pic related. This girl was worshiped as an incarnation of Lakshmi Devi due to her deformity. It isn't a stretch to imagine such a thing happened in prehistory and the people for whatever reason took it as miraculous instead of terrible. The word-of-mouth spread until it became the tradition/legend until they started writing things down.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakshmi_Tatma
>>
File: 1458220842413.jpg (28KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1458220842413.jpg
28KB, 500x333px
>>17513777
keked and checked my friend.
>>
File: look necromancy.jpg (89KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
look necromancy.jpg
89KB, 650x650px
>>17530883
I've just known Dharma to mean open-eyed since forever, and it really fits (but sadly becomes discriminatory to the actually-eyes don't work blind.)
But Dharma is like the law of everything, like newton with the apple and gravity, it's something that was always there but you have to awaken to it. This is dharma. A blind person still lives in a world of ultraviolet waves, so too does an adharmic person live in a world of Dharma, they just have to open to it. Eyes are a good metaphor for this too, because Indra.

Dharma started out with observation, and to observe one's pupil must become receptive to light. Dharma is fundamental, like seeing is on a path. It was a word that was awakened to by observation. Nobody but ma-Kali meditates in the void.

The sanatana part is what I understand a mantra to connect you to your highest wisdom, your essence, so I say translating it to essence is pretty gud for english transposition, because it still has connotations of purity. cause we're rajasic these days.

The essence that you will awaken to. Cause Shakti was influencing you since forever., She wasn't limited to living under a certain tree or anything, she was always there she's part of the dharma. She's a color that's splendor is present in all things that you can and cannot see. But you can awaken to it's footprints like chasing an invisible ghost through the snow, until you realize that you were chasing your own footprints, and have been since forever. >>17530906
Tlaloc had many deformed priests in Mesoamerica prior to catholic invasion.
>>
>>17531351
>I've just known Dharma to mean open-eyed since forever

What I mean is that the word, the word root, and the traditions that use the word never use it to mean open-eyed. If that's your own creation of a definition, that's fine. However, it will cause a lot of confusion. It's like using the word house to mean a contraption with wheels, seats, and an engine that people don't live in and use for transportation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dharma#Etymology

Why not use the term Buddha? Which is literally "the awakened one?" It stems from the word budh, which is "to awake/know/perceive."
>>
>>17508342
Jai Ma!
>>
>>17531351
>The sanatana part is what I understand a mantra to connect you to your highest wisdom, your essence, so I say translating it to essence is pretty gud for english transposition

Oh come on, words have meanings. You can't just reinvent them all. Why even read the works or use the terms if you're going to do that? I challenge you to find any corroboration for sanatana being at all synonymous with essence.

http://www.dharmacentral.com/dharmainfo/introductiontodharma.php
>"Sanatana" is a Sanskrit word that denotes "that which does not cease to be", "that which is eternal".
http://www.swamij.com/sanatana-dharma-what-is.htm
>Sanatana means eternal, never beginning nor ending.
http://veda.wikidot.com/sanatana-dharma
>"Sanatana" is a Sanskrit word that denotes that which which is Anadi (beginningless), Anantha (endless) and does not cease to be, that which is eternal and everlasting.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San%C4%81tan%C4%AB
>Sanātana Dharma (Devanagari: सनातन धर्म meaning "eternal dharma" or "eternal order")
>the term Sanatana Dharma is used to emphasize an "orthodox" or sanatani ("eternalist") outlook
>>
>>17531473
bhakta, i like you. i used to argue endlessly about yoga with my mother who "does yoga" by which she means that she used to go about once a week to a local gym with 20 other old ladys to do stretching and chant "om" once. I used to get furious trying to get it through her head that the word "yoga", if used in traditional context, has little to do with gymnastics, that it's a word referring to the goal of sadhana, yoking together the various components in man to experience union, to experience yoga. i quoted patanjali and modern swamis but to no avail - she understood the word to mean one thing, and i another. this is kinda the thing with people who approach eastern practices from a western perspective (including me, ofc); we re-define the terms to be meaningful for us, even if that makes them unorthodox and improper from a vedic or scriptural point. and that's alright - the only useful terms are personally meaningful ones. now relying on hermetic terminology more, i have no problem to equal buddhi with intuition, ganesha with baphomet, shiva with ain sof. mix and match, as we do in the modern days - or choose a tradition and stick to it, really up to everyone. personally renouncing wannabe-hardcore-yogi status has been nice tho - no need to crusade against the infidels and lecture about proper vedic context now
>>
>>17530899

>shitskin

The earliest Hindu scriptures come from the Vedic culture of northern india. Those people were Aryans. Europeans spread out from the same point in the Caucasus that the predecessors to the Vedic did. Some went directly to Europe when europeans left the Caucasus, others (like the blonde haired Alans) didn't flee to Europe until the mongol-turk invasions. If they stayed they were raped until they no longer looked like their European brothers. Indo-European languages connect us all Germanic and Italic languages are part of the Indo-Aryan-European family

Spanish, English, Hindi, Portuguese, Bengali, Russian, Punjabi, German, French, Marathi, and Urdu are the largest indo-aryan-European languages.

The Vedic would've been fairer skined than other tribes that were located in southern India. The true white religion is the one we started, not a sandnigger religion.

Basically

We

Wuz

Hindus and sheit
>>
>>17531694
>arguing with soccer moms

Just let them have their fun, who cares if it isn't real yoga
>>
>>17531781
i know, it's silly. but i've been pretty fanatic and mommy-complexed, seems i wanted to conquer and impress her for some sweet lovin'
>>
>>17531694
I think I get what you're saying. This whole field is such a deeply subjective experience that ultimately the words are limiting and can be hindrance more than help. Using the words "properly" doesn't mean the speaker has any understanding, just as using them "improperly" doesn't make one a fool. Though communication becomes rather cumbersome if terms have to be redefined for each new speaker.

Still, I must remind myself my point in coming to this board is not to convert. I had quite enough evangelism with my time in ISKCON. I really just want to present the philosophy/theology and offer an alternative view of monotheism than the default Abrahamic one.

>>17531786
Heh, mothers are a big deal in Santana Dharma. My own mother is dyed-in-the-wool atheist. We're bags of meat that rot in the ground when we die. But she will often try to get me to go back to the temple simply because she loved the environment; I think more than I did. But then she's a lot more social than I am too.
>>
File: Carlos_Santana_guitar god.jpg (35KB, 320x283px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos_Santana_guitar god.jpg
35KB, 320x283px
>>17531875
>Santana Dharma
kek
>>
>>17531875
Have you heard of a Dharma Pracartaka Acharya? He seems to be preaching Vaishnavism but I'm not sure he is connected to our guru parampara.
>>
>>17511281
that's jesus stuff
>>
File: Gita As It Is.jpg (155KB, 571x760px) Image search: [Google]
Gita As It Is.jpg
155KB, 571x760px
>>17532081
I had not before. Some searching and I find he is a disciple of Bhakti Rakshaka Sridhara Swami (aka Sridhara Maharaja), who was a godbrother of Srila Prabhupada (both were disciples of Bhaktisiddhanta Maharaja). So for me, he is on a different branch of the same limb of the parampara. A godcousin, if you will.

But more than this, what does he say? This ~30 min video is nice, where he discusses the catur-sloka (Gita 10.8-11 - called by Bhaktivinode Thakur "the heart of the Gita"). In the vid, he uses Prabhupada's translation of the Gita, and according to the poster of the vid (in comments) he recommends this version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6gTRQPGwOk

So far, I'd say he's very knowledgeable, and in line with Vaishnava philosophy. Much better to listen to than me. I especially liked the part around 18:10 where he talks about knowing God through our own efforts, or through God's Grace.
>>
>>17532206
He definitely does seem like he knows his shit, but I find it strange how he doesn't emphasize the mahamantra (being a disciple of a Gaudiya Vaishnava)
>>
>>17532328
Mmm, I see what you mean. I found a forum where someone quotes Dharma Pravartaka Acharya's writing on the mahamantra (post #6).

http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?10426-Questions-about-the-Hare-Krishna-Mahamantra-outside-ISKCON

The source of the mantra is accurate, even the "reversal" of the lines that happened. Personally I always viewed this as similar to when Narada Muni instructed Valmiki to chant "Mara" (death) because he was not yet ready to chant "Rama." The syllables eventually blend MaraMaraMaraMaramaRamaRamaRama.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valmiki#Early_life

I would consider a few reasons for his lack of emphasis. First, it says in his bio he was initiated into the mantra Om Namo Narayanaya before taking siksa from Sridhar Maharaja. So perhaps his guru instructed him to stay with that mantra. The other I can think of is to distance himself from "The Hare Krishnas," either to avoid (admittedly) negative reaction, or simply to mark his organization as distinct.
>>
>>17532439
I thought you had to be born into the Brahmin caste to be initiated and that was the reason why Rene Guenon, for example, converted to Islam even though he was very much into Hinduism, because he could not get a proper initiation due to being a Westerner? (Even though he was definitely a Brahmin in spirit.)
>>
>>17532439
Thanks for your insight prabhu. Would you also agree he is mainly in the mood of aisvarya of Laxmi Narayana rather than Radha Krsna?
>>
>>17532482
The original conception of the brahmin caste was based on ones qualificati nand not on birth. That said, a Gaudiya Vaishnava is considered superior to an ordinary brahmin.
>>
>>17532482
Some schools do adhere to that idea. Gaudiya Vaishnavism generally does not (I cannot speak for specific instances). One of Lord Chaitanya's greatest disciples - Haridas Thakur - was a mleccha outcast (literally); an ex-Muslim. Yet Lord Chaitanya declared him to be the namacharya, or great teacher of the holy name.

If the reason given by Dharma Pravartaka Acharya for reversing the lines of the mahamantra is correct, it was brahmins who protested against distributing the mantra to everyone, including unqualified sudras and outcastes.

Prabhupada taught that while birth was a factor, caste is determined by character and quality. This is backed up by the description of the castes in the Gita (18.41-44). He would give the analogy of a person born into a family of doctors is not automatically a doctor, but they have a higher chance of becoming one, and greater support to do so.

>>17532512
I would not dare to speculate, honestly.
>>
File: 1457555622467.gif (3MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
1457555622467.gif
3MB, 359x202px
I'm not high enough for this thread.
>>
For lurkers unfamiliar with the term (like me, so humbling...) aisvarya refers to the "greatness" or opulent aspect of God. God is Great, Powerful, Majestic, a Mighty Lord, and all that. The mood of Rupa Goswami and his followers is one of madhurya, or "sweetness." This is God the Child, the Rascal you can't help but love, the Deity you sweep up in your arms, squeeze tight, tussle His hair and say "Stop being so naughty, you silly Krishna."

In the Nectar of Devotion, the term rasa is used, which is hard to translate but Prahupada would use the term "mellow." It can also be considered "mood" or "relationship." Rupa Goswami categorizes five main types of relationships with Krishna: santa (neutral), dasya (servile), sakhya (fraternal), vatsalya (parental), madhurya (conjugal). As long as one is aware of the infinite omnipotencies of God, they will stay on the level of intimacy of neutral or servitude.

Note: this is perfectly fine, and the eternal position of some jivas. It is not less perfect, it is merely less intimate. Though many in ISKCON seem to think so, I do not believe the goal is for everyone to reach madhurya-rasa, but to reawaken your natural relationship, whatever it is.

For others whose relationship desires more intimacy, Krishna will actually put them under illusion (yoga-maya as opposed to maha-maya) to disregard this majestic aspect, focusing only on the love. At times, Krishna will drop the illusion and amaze his friends or parents, but generally He enjoys relationships with "equals," and even being reprimanded and protected by His parents and elders.
>>
An example of Santa-rasa would be the cows, trees, environment, even the plates and bricks of Vrindavan. (Yes, as everything is spiritual i.e. conscious in the spiritual realm, some jivas have an eternal form of "inanimate" items.) These jivas are fully aware of and in the presence of Krishna, but they do not act in any meaningful relationship with Him.

The example of Dasya-rasa given is of Uddhava Prabhu, which means nothing if you haven't read the stories. Hanuman would be a more renowned example.

The prime example of sakhya (friendship) is, of course, Arjuna. And here's a verse where Arjuna has yoga-maya lifted, and he becomes fully aware of Krishna's opulence.

>Bg 11.41-42 — Thinking of You as my friend, I have rashly addressed You “O Kṛṣṇa,” “O Yādava,” “O my friend,” not knowing Your glories. Please forgive whatever I may have done in madness or in love. I have dishonored You many times, jesting as we relaxed, lay on the same bed, or sat or ate together, sometimes alone and sometimes in front of many friends. O infallible one, please excuse me for all those offenses.

Vatsalya-rasa is obviously exemplified by Mother Yasoda, and pic related is from a story where Krishna briefly shows her the entire universe inside His mouth. We've gone too long without pictures. Also Dasarath Prabhu (Lord Rama's father) or Sandipani Muni (Krishna's guru) or those who take similar elder roles.

Madhurya-rasa is exemplified by the gopis of Vrindavan, particularly Radharani. I do not consider myself sufficiently advanced to talk on this. It is too easy for the topic to pervert into material lust.
>>
>>17532767
Translating into Western and Christian terms you could say that Vatsalya-rasa is like the relationship between Mary and Jesus and Madhurya-rasa, like Catholic nuns who are spiritualy married to Jesus, and even that of the Church itself, which is said to be the bride of Christ. I even remember reading somewhere that the soul is feminine hence the relationship between the Christian (even the male one) and Jesus like that of a wife to a husband. So I get it completely. Nothing carnal about it.
>>
>>17532767
>some jivas have an eternal form of "inanimate" items.) These jivas are fully aware of and in the presence of Krishna, but they do not act in any meaningful relationship with Him.
So what you are saying is that a tree or a stone in Kirshna realm is literally a conscious living soul pretending to be tree or stone like in a school play? How does she take it, not moving or saying a word for all eternity? Who would want to play that part? Sounds more like a punishment desu.
>>
>>17533144
>Sounds more like a punishment desu.

Actually I take that back. Not moving or saying anything, just contemplating God for all eternity sounds like something an accomplished yogi would do.
>>
>>17533144
>pretending
Why do you say pretending? And why add trees? Trees are alive in this material world. Is it unacceptable that some jivas will be trees in the spiritual?

>How does she take it, not moving or saying a word for all eternity?
The jiva in santa-rasa has no desire to act. They are eternally blissful simply being aware of and in the presence of God.

>Who would want to play that part?
Tulasi Devi
The mace, lotus, chakra, and conchshell of Vishnu
The Kaustabha Jewel
Krishna's Flute

They are prominent examples of living entities in "inanimate" forms. Examples of persons on this stage in the material world are the four Kumaras.
>>
Link on Santa-Rasa: http://www.harekrsna.com/philosophy/associates/rasas/santa-rasa.htm

Letter from Prabhupada written 3/12/68 (I was relieved to see he corroborates the idea that all rasas are perfect, though from one view, madhurya is more "complete.") http://vaniquotes.org/wiki/Santa-rasa_means...
>Santa-rasa means appreciation of the greatness of the Lord, but there is no active service of the Lord. The land, the grass, the trees, the plants, fruits, or the cows in the transcendental world are supposed to be situated in the santa-rasa. As spiritual beings, they are all conscious of Krishna, but they prefer to appreciate Krishna's greatness remaining as they are.

>The next development from santa-rasa is dasya-rasa...in the Madhura rasa, everything is complete; there is Santa rasa, Dasya rasa, Sakhya rasa, Vatsalya rasa, and Madhura rasa. But each and every one of the rasas is complete in itself. A person in Santa rasa or Sakhya rasa is as good as one in Madhura rasa because in the spiritual world everything is absolute. But from the platform of spiritual vision, where there is transcendental discrimination, one can appreciate Madhurya rasa as complete as anything.

>In the spiritual world there is no such relationship as God as the father. In the material world such conception is appreciated very much. In the material world everyone wants to take from God because the conditioned soul wants to enjoy senses. And the concept of fatherhood is to drag resources from the Supreme. But in the spiritual world there is no question of drawing from the Supreme. Everything there is to serve the Lord, and service is rendered in 5 different rasas or transcendental humors as described above. In the transcendental world instead of taking the Lord as father, He is treated as son, because son derives service from the Father, whereas in the material world the father maintains the conditioned souls or sons of God.
>>
>In the spiritual world there is no such relationship as God as the father.

I especially love that last paragraph. The concept threw me for a loop first time I came across it.
>>
>>17532667
From my understanding, the majority of us in the line of Rupa Goswami have the natural inclination of madhurya ras (which also includes all the other rasas combined)
>>
>>17532767
>Vatsalya-rasa is obviously exemplified by Mother Yasoda

Also seen in the behavior of Putana (although of a much more ghastly nature)
>>
>>17508794

ALL gods but God are Satan and his demons.
>>
>>17515254
>vedas came from the whites who conquered india

The Aryan Invasion Theory has been pretty thoroughly debunked.

http://www.stephen-knapp.com/solid_evidence_debunking_aryan_invasion.htm
>>
>>17535480
>obscure site thoroughly debunks the Aryan invasion theory

This is the same issue as with race. It's not like the other side is allowed to exist, let alone voice it's opinion in post-war politically correct academia. So It's like beating a man with his hands tied behind his back. Have fun, I guess. You sure show intellectual courage.
>>
It's just a reflex.. nothing more. Do what you want to do. Don't feel held back by anything. Be free
>>
>>17535616
Is the University of West Florida too obscure?

http://uwf.edu/lgoel/documents/amythofaryaninvasionsofindia.pdf

Or any of the suggested readings the professor puts at the end of his article?

K. D. Sethna’s The Problem of Aryan Origins, New Delhi: Aditya Prakashan, 1980 and 1992.
Francois Gautier, Rewriting Indian History, New Delhi, Vikas Publishers, 1996.
Michael Danino and Sujata Nahar, The Invasion That Never Was, Mira Aditi, 1996.
Rajiv Malhotra and A. Neelakandan, Breaking India, New Delhi: Amaryllis, 2011, Chs 3, 6.
Stephen Oppenheimer, The Real Eve: Modern Man’s Journey out of Africa, 2004

I'll leave out where he recommends reading Stephen Knapp and David Frawley, since you already dismissed them out of hand for some reason.
>>
>>17500400
you almost had an awakening but you neutralized it. you prayed to a death god to destroy the line of communication between you and your ancestors. you need to turn from your path of fear and dependence
>>
>>17509698
He's saying Abrahamic religions were made by shitskin semites and Hinduism by white Aryans. The Indian Aryans were genocided long ago and that's why India looks like shit now.
>>
>>17536579
Abrahamics religions were made by semites, you fucking cuck. There were no white people in the fucking desert. You sound like one of the black people saying "WE WUZ KINGS".
>>
>>17536633
>Abrahamics religions were made by semites, you fucking cuck

>>17536579
>Abrahamic religions were made by shitskin semites

Your education should've included reading comprehension.
>>
>>17536579
"the idea of being an "Aryan" was religious, cultural and linguistic, not racial"

source: wikipedia
>>
>>17536671
>wikipedia is totally not biased, guise!
>>
>>17536685
yea that's what I say when I'm being corrected

"guise"
>>
>>17535886
>New Delhi
Not biased at al. I'm not an academic researcher and if I was I wouldn't defend the Aryan invasion theory under this regime unless I wanted to end up on the street or looking for a job at starbucks.

But like I said. Enjoy defending the party line while punching a man with his hands tied behind his back, you courage and intellectual honesty are sure showing.
>>
Saying Indo-Aryans are native to India is like saying mestizos are native to Mexico, an impossible, laughable claim.

B-but they have the same religion and their state-sponsored civic ideology says they are all the same.
>>
>there are christcucks on /x/
lol. keep worshipping a kike and good luck with your slave morality religion.
>>
come back OP
>>
>>17540922
What's up? I'm reading everything but I'm still on the fence as to what step to take next.

Thank you for all the posts, specially bhakta whose posts have been specially informing and inspiring.

3xpeace.
Thread posts: 228
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.