[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spooky space stories thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 11

File: download-9.jpg (9KB, 188x256px) Image search: [Google]
download-9.jpg
9KB, 188x256px
I am absolutely fascinated with space. That involves the creepy and unsettling things that could happen. I'm obsessed with these space stories and can't get enough of them. If you've got any good ones, I'd love to hear them.

Also I don't post on here often so I'm not too good with thread making, so if I did it wrong, or posted this on the wrong board, cut me some slack and point me in the right direction please.
>>
File: 636x460design_01.jpg (175KB, 636x460px) Image search: [Google]
636x460design_01.jpg
175KB, 636x460px
>>17497779

In 1976, Cosmonaut Nikolai Peckmann was sent alone to an orbiting space station for what would be called Mission Six- to study the radiation levels and strange circumstances that killed all four crewmen of the last research mission.
By the third day, Peckmann's broken transmissions were coming back to ground control filled with increasing paranoia and delusion. He claimed that the spirits of the dead cosmonauts were coming to claim him, and that he had to keep moving to evade them. He shouted that if he could capture consume these spirits himself while he still had strength, he could move to the next level of consciousness...Truly the rantings of an insane man.
Indeed, video recovered later would show Peckmann running around the confined but maze-like station, downing emergency sedatives like a madman....pausing in a corner momentarily, only to throw back vitamin pills and give chase to his invisible demons.
He had exhausted the entire cargo of vitamins, pills, and fresh fruit well ahead of schedule. There was no way another crew could be assembled to rescue him before he starved. After one rather violently garbled transmission, the static cleared and the last live image on record is that of Peckmann's empty, wilted spacesuit on the cabin floor.
It was determined that another mission to recover any remains or gather any more research would be a waste of the people's money, and the station was allowed to drift out of orbit and into space- a failure never to be mentioned again. It was ordered and assumed that all video and paper evidence had been destroyed.
..then, at the dawn of the eighties, a fledgling arcade game company called NAMCO would stumble across the transcripts of these events, and the rest -as they say- is history.
>>
>>17497779

Sounds from Saturn

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X_JAvVjKeWI
>>
Ray Bradbury's "Kaleidoscope"

http://www.scaryforkids.com/kaleidoscope-by-ray-bradbury/
>>
>>17498193
felt sadder than spooked ;(
>>
>>17498217
Yeah it gets you in the feels. I wonder how many astronauts have read that and if it sticks in the back of their head during spacewalks.
>>
File: 9thconfig.png (66KB, 864x574px) Image search: [Google]
9thconfig.png
66KB, 864x574px
>>17497779
>>
>>17497789
you clever motherfucker
>>
>>17497792
That's some spooky shit right there and it doesn't even have words.
>>
>>17498309
That picture is really fucking creepy if you truly give it some thought.
>>
>>17498193
feelin better about dying... thank you
>>
>>17498193
anymore like this
>>
File: IMG_20160322_221706.jpg (57KB, 640x390px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160322_221706.jpg
57KB, 640x390px
>>
File: 1456597010092.jpg (92KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1456597010092.jpg
92KB, 400x300px
>>17497789
You cheeky fucker.
>>
>>17500517
what a clown
>>
>>17500517
http://www.clickhole.com/post/incredible-we-asked-these-astronauts-what-its-be-s-2186
>>
File: 37mnwhklw.jpg (81KB, 513x612px) Image search: [Google]
37mnwhklw.jpg
81KB, 513x612px
>>
>>17498193
This made me sad
>>
File: Cosmonaut.jpg (298KB, 1242x878px) Image search: [Google]
Cosmonaut.jpg
298KB, 1242x878px
Some very spooky shit happens in space. Some of the first missions up by the Russians ended in the ships controls being deactivated, and with the cosmonauts being left to drift in space until they died.
From what I read they were basically told that their service to their country was appreciated, but they weren't ever coming back.
I think a year ago one of the cosmonauts would have been drifting past Saturn in his little ship.
A corpse in a metal box floating out for eternity.
A small piece of humanity among the planets.
The farthest away from humans another human has ever been - even if he is dead.
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 700x479px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 700x479px
>Komarov's last moments were spent screaming in rage at the engineers who designed his spacecraft as he was literally melted while re-entering Earth's atmosphere
http://www.npr.org/sections/krulwich/2011/05/02/134597833/cosmonaut-crashed-into-earth-crying-in-rage
Pic related is what's left of him
>>
File: AndromedaZoomed.jpg (1MB, 1919x957px) Image search: [Google]
AndromedaZoomed.jpg
1MB, 1919x957px
The Judica-Cordiglia brothers are two former amateur radio operators who made audio recordings that allegedly support the conspiracy theory that the Soviet space program covered up cosmonaut deaths in the 1960s. The pair claimed to have acquired recordings of several secret Soviet space missions that ended in tragedy and mystery.

>May 1960, a manned spacecraft reports it is going off course.

>November 28, 1960, a faint SOS Morse Code signal is sent from another troubled spacecraft leaving Earth's orbit.

>February 1961, a cosmonaut is audibly recorded suffocating to death.

>April 1961, a capsule is recorded orbiting the Earth three times before re-entering the Earth’s atmosphere just days before Yuri Gagarin made his historic flight.

>May 1961, an orbiting spacecraft makes an appeal for help after going out of control.

>October 1961, a cosmonaut loses control of his spacecraft which veers off into deep space.

>November 1962, a space capsule misjudges re-entry bouncing off the Earth’s atmosphere and out into space.

>November 1963, a female cosmonaut dies during re-entry.

>April 1964, another cosmonaut is killed when their capsule burns up in the Earth's atmosphere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLPvIHOd1BM

Vladimir Komarov Death Transmission.

Cursing the people who had put him inside a botched spaceship." - Vladimir Komarov, is about to, literally, crash full speed into Earth, his body turning molten on impact.

Convinced he will never make it back to Earth; he's talking to Alexei Kosygin — then a high official of the Soviet Union.

The space vehicle is shoddily constructed, running dangerously low on fuel; its parachutes — though no one knows this — won't work

U.S. listening posts in Turkey hear him , angry, desperate, in tears - .the end was closing in on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z_m7onLw74

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2EtIKnxB2o
>>
>>17501872
>He knew the ship was faulty and that he would not come back
>Did it anyway to save his friend's life

T-that's true friendship, comrade

>>17501874
Imagine beeping out that morse code in the hope that, somehow, you'll be saved.
Absolutely horrifying.
>>
North Korea and China have space programs. I wonder how many had died there.
>>
File: 1453169050259.png (9KB, 404x399px) Image search: [Google]
1453169050259.png
9KB, 404x399px
>>17498193
:(((
>>
>>17497789

I kind of wish it were true. In reality, the story was a lot more boring.

Wiki on Pac-Man:

The game was developed primarily by a young Namco employee named Toru Iwatani over the course of a year, beginning in April 1979, employing a nine-man team. It was based on the concept of eating, and the original Japanese title is Pakkuman (パックマン?), inspired by the Japanese onomatopoeic phrase paku-paku taberu (パクパク食べる?),[38][39] where paku-paku describes (the sound of) the mouth movement when widely opened and then closed in succession.[40][41]

Although Iwatani has repeatedly stated that the character's shape was inspired by a pizza missing a slice,[10] he admitted in a 1986 interview that this was a half-truth and the character design also came from simplifying and rounding out the Japanese character for mouth, kuchi (口).[42] Iwatani attempted to appeal to a wider audience—beyond the typical demographics of young boys and teenagers. His intention was to attract girls to arcades because he found there were very few games that were played by women at the time.[43] This led him to add elements of a maze, as well as cute ghost-like enemy characters. Eating to gain power, Iwatani has said, was a concept he borrowed from Popeye.[44] The result was a game he named Puck Man[45] as a reference to the main character's hockey puck shape.[46]
>>
>>17501940
And in Anglo societies they reverted from Puckman to Pac-Man because punks would scratch out part of the letter P to spell Fuckman.
>>
>>17501852
I don't think that's confirmed, but I wouldn't put it past the Soviets to hide a failure. Also, the ones people thought died up there were only thought to be in low earth orbit so they couldn't have gone all the way out to Saturn, instead burning up in the atmosphere as its orbit decayed.
>>
File: 1409633480637-1.jpg (154KB, 600x406px) Image search: [Google]
1409633480637-1.jpg
154KB, 600x406px
>>17498193
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.