[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/OMG/ Occultism and Magic General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 41

File: 1299477455436.png (133KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1299477455436.png
133KB, 300x300px
>Temple of Solomon the King (occultism, esotericism, anthropology and religion resources):
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

>Mesmer's Lair (hypnosis, hypnotherapy, some neuropsych, brainwashing resources):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwLJ8mj-ZuoGc0NKUEtoLTBmQXc

>History 2D: Science, Magic, and Religion, UCLA
https://youtu.be/K3Zx-qcNZf4?list=PLFFD1C791A86FB485
>>
File: merkaba.jpg (104KB, 850x567px) Image search: [Google]
merkaba.jpg
104KB, 850x567px
spirit science is cool
>>
>>17497722
Why is that second link there? What does it have to do with occultism, magic, or just in general anything at all?
>>
File: shot0020.jpg (144KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
shot0020.jpg
144KB, 1280x544px
>>17497734
Watch the third link to understand the second

>>17497730
>Jews In Space!
>>
>>17497745
It's an hour long. Tell me where to skip to assuming I already understand all the content of the video and everything that you understand aside from how that video contextualizes the second link.
>>
>>17497758
It's twenty hours long. It's an entire college course. The TL:Dr is the mesmerism grew out of the same culture and has much in common with the western esoteric culture. Mesmerism is named after this guy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Mesmer

inb4 nurosci
>>
>>17497767
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Mesmer
>German physician with an interest in astronomy,
So far so good. In that case he studies my organs.
>who theorised that there was a natural energetic transference that occurred between all animated and inanimate objects
Yes, quantum resonance in modern terminology.
>that he called animal magnetism
Not a wrong description. He's right so far.
>sometimes later referred to as mesmerism.
So mermerism is animal magnetism? Or the belief in animal magnetism? Or the fact that life tends to find other forms of life? Which is it?
>>
>>17497794
You'd be right, if it wasn't for the fact that mesmerism doesn't work.

Hypnosis, as it's practiced in modern times, however, does.
>>
>>17497997
hypno has its origins in mesmerism I thought?
>>
>>17498031
It does. However mesmerism doesn't work as it claims it does. It's still straight suggestion and implications that make the person follow the process, instead of "energies" or "quantum bullshit".
>>
Why do you not much care for pol?

How do you feel about immigration and the migrants

how do you feel about super left social justice politics
>>
>>17498073
/pol/ is a laugh riot.

it would be cheaper to spend the money crushing isis and letting the area stabilize then to try and just support the entire population in another country

is a meaningless statement, the definition of "super left social justice politics" will change by who you ask,

None of these are topics for this board or thread and both these comments will be removed the next time a janitor rolls through.
>>
Thoughts on Braid's Neurypnosis? I've read it before, but mostly out of curiosity since finding out Braid was the one who proposed the real basic mechanism behind mesmerism. Wondering what other people got out of it (compared to modern or at least more modern texts).
>>
>>17498098
Meh.
>>
>>17498036
I see you haven't had any non-local interaction with entities beyond yourself.
>>
>>17498278
Shitposting schizophrenics please go.
>>
>>17498280
You can't ask the occult to leave an occult thread.
>>
>>17498300
I can ask roleplayed to leave a thread about academic discussion. Pls go take your autism pills and go outside. It's my day off, I don't know what your excuse is for being here in the middle of the week, or all the rest of the time for that matter.
>>
>>17498308
I represent a sizable portion of paranormal entities. We were led to believe that the openness of communication afforded by the internet would allow us to participate in more mortal engagements. Tell me, anon, if not /x/, where should a paranormal entity seek to contact the greater world of mortal affairs? Are we to be excluded for eternity simply because you don't like to believe we're here? Are we supposed to hide out on "the deep web" with all the black market affairs?

Where are we to be tolerated, supposing we exist?
>>
>>17498324
Filtered.
>>
>>17498326
Thank you. I don't mind the academic approach.
>>
>>17497730
Garbage.

>>17497767
>inb4 nurosci
Neurosci.

>>17498073
Because if I wanted to talk about /pol/ shit I'd drop my shit and post on /pol/.

>>17498308
You don't need quantum theory to interact with spiritual forces.
>>
>>17497722
Are there any books on Sacred Geometry in that library?
>>
How are Japs so well acquainted with Western occultism? I mean other than that they are superstitious as all fuck. Like are obscure aspects of Jewish mythology part of some comparative religion class that is 2spooky for my part of the South? I mean even among educated people in the US, knowledge of their own folklore is lacking, much less the density and accuracy of esoterica across media that aren't just anime and SMT. At least compared to anyone who isn't a bongistani comic writer.
>>
>>17498401
Not that I'm aware of

>>17498411
So much going on here.
>japs
They seem to grasp the aesthetics easily, but I've never seen them use anything specific in their animes. Eva, Fma, Fsn, they imagery they use is certainly inspired by, but never directly drawn from WET. SMT is it's own thing though, he certainly takes artistic licence, but the games aren't likely to induce random initiation.

>US folk
They know their own folk very well, but their folk is johnny appleseed and paul bunyon, native american tobacco bags and peace pipes, a touch of salt over your shoulder, and speaking of the devil. The US doesn't really have its own high magic tradition, when most of what we use, and what shows up in anima, is drawn from indiana and jewish roots, though filtered through a very long line, it isn't a surprise that it isn't considered americana.

And although the imagery doesn't show up often in american culture, the myths, the end goal, and the "fools journey" themes are very pervasive in American culture. Captain planet, transformers, thundercats, Lord of the rings. There is a very good chance that if you were raised in the states in the past 40 years you grew up around thematic elements drawn from hermeticism
>>
>>17498433
Can you recommend any books on Sacred Geometry? I can't seem to find any.
>>
I was thinking of using a pendulum as a medium of communication for some quick and dirty evocation work. I have an amulet with Hebrew characters yod heh on it, that would work nicely, but I'm unsure about how the properties of these letters might affect the proceedings. Mîght the use of these letters as a pendulum encourage/discourage some entities? Any predictable advantages/disadvantages?
>>
>>17498433
>but I've never seen them use anything specific in their animes
I've seen Invokation of the Bornless One in Hentai before, a few times iirc.

>>17498435
Howabout you read the core traditions of cultures instead of what some new age fuck says about it?

>>17498477
There's a lot to unpack. He is the Star of the tarot. Yod is Hermit. I think you'll be more or less fine. It's not like you're working Hanged Man + Tower or anything.
>>
>>17498433
Silent hill is essentially the dragon book of Essex of syncretic religious practice and phenomenology of perception. The people who worked on it clearly have studied more than just writing and drawing, while over here, you are hard pressed to find an English major who even likes reading, an artist who cares about anything other than dressing boobies or a programmer who can string three words together. The Japs for being perceived as rather rather autistic in their pursuits, end up much more broadly versed than the average American who is fast becoming an archetypical spergy anti-intellectual manchild. Euros are a whole different thing, closer to the nips but entirely their own.

I meant that the nips have a lot of very precise knowledge of esoterica on an academic level and it makes it into their literature and other media. Over here, the most you will get is a film student who read hero with a thousand faces. Any of those hermetic or mystic roots have been bastardized by post 60s propaganda decrying the consciousness movement and having all the value stripped from it for pure entertainment purposes.

The heart of what I'm getting at is that few have done any direct study of any of it, while elsewhere, there's a good chance the average person of reasonable intelligence may have done some research on the subject or had a class or really any direct knowledge. Here, you have fedora tippers on both sides who beat it to theology and stem, respectively, and very few who can string three words together about philosophy, comparative religion, folklore, mythology and so on and so forth.
>>
>>17498526
I'd love to see your notes on silent hill if you're willing to share?
>>
>>17498611
I don't really have muchmuch in the way of actual notes as I haven't really put my thoughts on it together, but off the top of my head:

The first four games, in addition to the obvious film, TV and lit references, reads to me like, at the very least, a whole semester of classes on American history, Appalachian and Indian folklore, comparative religion, and a bit of quite high level philosophy. The religion is outright stated to be a syncretization of Christianity, Gnosticism, local Indian lore, possibly some Aztec shit, (and to my eyes a very Japanese presentation of it, as their practices are also highly syncretic and their innawoods villages creepy af).

The town is a place where belief shapes reality, a common theme in (hopefully) most comparative religion classes and the foundation of occult practice. Alessa projects Alice in wonderland and giant bugs which others see, the crazy bitch with no eyebrows sees a glowing paradise, Vincent sees what he wants to and does his own damn thing for the lelz, James...well.

Silent Hill is, in essence, a place of healing. Tainted, but no more than the individual is. It is the rawest form of self help; cold truth, a clear mirror reflecting darkness. It is also entirely what the person with the strongest will or the biggest ugly stick makes it to be. It's Oregonian in nature, where wizards and zealots and crazies go to get inner work done.

It's also gay as fuck. Like 20 bars and clubs, antique shops and a mall, dank drug scene, really quaint lake, vaginas with teeth and scary holes everywhere.

Thus it is one of the greatest analogies for occultism ever, where not only is most of it explicit, but the good shit that isn't, the esoterica, is fun y as hell and spot on. Whether this is intentional doesn't matter, death of the author and reality being entirely what I make it and all.
>>
>>17498324
Don't listen to people on here, they're mean.

There's lots of places outside /x/ for "paranormal entities" such as yourself to participate in discussions.

Here's a couple:
https://www.autismspeaks.org/
http://www.autism-society.org/
>>
>>17498719
>Don't listen to people on here, they're mean.

Way to prove your point.

>>17498324
and hey paranormal or not we can talk, and sometimes even understand each other, which is no small amount of magical, when it happens.
>>
File: image.gif (81KB, 787x416px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
81KB, 787x416px
Sup thread? Your shit-talking Zoroastrian (the original magi) here.
>>
is it correct to consider the angels in the lemegeton, agrippa, enochian, etc as eudaimons?
>>
Tell me about meme magic.

What makes it so effective?
>>
File: 1458588130900.png (313KB, 371x666px) Image search: [Google]
1458588130900.png
313KB, 371x666px
>>17499046
Because nobody cared what it was before it wore the meme.
>>
>>17499046
The fact that it can't actively be controlled.

It's just shit happening because shit happens like anything else in existence.
>>
>>17498908
More or less.

>>17498784
Howdy m8.

>>17499046
>>17499137
>>17499144
Show me one (1) person who has attained Mukti using 'meme magic'.
>>
>>17499174
>haha I'm so cool dropping Indian terms
Except you have define which school you're talking about for the word to have any meaning whatsoever, you Indian weeaboo.
>>
>>17499194
I'd say at the end of the day Liberation is Liberation, but sure, let's go with the jivanmukti of the Uttara Kaula Trika.
>>
>>17499214
And by "liberation", are you referring to an end to rebirth/reincarnarion, or something else?
>>
File: roberto-ferri-lilith.jpg (67KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
roberto-ferri-lilith.jpg
67KB, 650x488px
As the Serpent I have shed my skin
>>
>>17499338
Gratz (I'm pushing mine back to the day of the waxing maw, rain, plus scheduling conflicts, plus seems more auspicious).
>>
>>17499459
>waxing
Wait, waning, w/e, first day after full moon.

Also we have chapters of Tantraloka.

I'll probably send you some of the extracts of letters back and forth to Satyr, he's got good archaeohistorical insights.

Reading Paratrisika-Vivarana presently, it's a fuckin' trip.

Abhinavagupta comments heavily on the following passage from Mahabarata (XII:54), also in Yoga Vasistha:

"In whom everything is, from whom everything comes,
Who is everything and everywhere,
Who is immanent in all things, eternal,
Him, the Self of all, do I adore."

>Divine Consciousness is identical with the Supreme Word (Para Vak, aka, Logos)...She (logos) is, in the most initial stage, stationed in the Divine I-consciousness, which is the highest mantra ans which is not limited by time and space"...this supreme underlying divinity of language, which reflects consciousness in grammar structures, is not confined to Sanskrit, though..."There is no speech which does not reach the Heart directly."
>>
>>17498908

Sure, but they can still kick you ass.
>>
>>17497722
I want to learn magic/occultism to have the ability to manipulate people (I'm into politics), is the second link really good for it? And if it is useless to do that, what should I learn? I'm a newbie in these things, sorry.
>>
>>17499459
>>17499481
>>17499338
Actually may be doing it tomorrow, fuck these professors, holy shit.
>>
>>17498719
10/10 execution there. I had to pause.
>>17498735
>Way to prove your point.
That was the joke.

I'm not sure if I'd consider meaningful communication magical or not, but I'm not exactly the best thermometer for emotional connection so take it as you will.
>>17498908
>correct
Correct is anything that works and doesn't get your magic turned back on you. Belief magic is just a very primitive form of boundary manipulation.
>>17499137
Ehehehehe, I accept your post!
>>17499542
No. Politics is the art of maintaining principles despite entire nations opposing you. They tend to be immune to most forms of manipulation, psycho-politics included. You're better off just studying the garden variety art of natural persuasion. At the very least, you're not going to change someone's political beliefs by making their brain associate an idea with your mere presence.

TL;DR: Principle exists well beyond the realm of emotion/mesmerism.
>>
File: bussiere joan of arc.jpg (78KB, 439x600px) Image search: [Google]
bussiere joan of arc.jpg
78KB, 439x600px
>>17499459
Probably should have pushed mine off, was exhausted after work, and finished it at like 2am, so exhausted today too.

Less mouth-intensive than HU, but still fairly wordy.

My hair-trigger fire alarm went off towards the end of the rite due to the candles (one of them went out, smoked a little), but coincidentally it was at that point in the rite where it basically says 'you're done, pack your shit up' before doing the semi-LRP at the end.

No major incidents to report from it, though my body of light was crazy solid after the rite. Usually I'd need a sort off self-hypnosis to get settled, last night I could just bang right into it, no problem.

>>17499481
Must get back on my reading, work keeps JUSTing me lately (I find I need a comfortable sleep for good dream recall, so it's affecting me in that sense). Was really digging Practicing Gnosis, some great stuff in there.

Incidentally, you should give Scéal Tuan Mac Cairill a read in the context of SA, it's the same kind of current he's aiming for there.

Yeah I'd love to see Satyr's insights on this. How's he doing?

Cheers for the notes, btw, extremely helpful as always. Going to overhaul the wiki once I get time
>>
http://www.watcherofthedawn.com/fascist-speaker-dumped-from-left-hand-path-consortium/

Something about hardcore edgy LHPers turning their event into a hugbox makes me kek
>>
>>17499672
Actually, forgot how many top keks are on that site

http://www.watcherofthedawn.com/i-am-a-victim-of-government-tyranny-claims-living-god/

http://www.watcherofthedawn.com/my-missus-crushed-daesh-with-her-mighty-magic-spell-claims-griffin/
>>
>>17499672
Something about the complete bullshit that is politics tends to upset anyone that isn't following the middle path.
>>
File: s-l1600 (8).jpg (297KB, 1600x1190px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (8).jpg
297KB, 1600x1190px
>>17499666
>Mark of the Great and Wild Beast of the Sun
BRUH DID YOU SEE MY PAGES FROM RED GRIMOIRE?
>>
>>17499681
>http://www.watcherofthedawn.com/i-am-a-victim-of-government-tyranny-claims-living-god/
Faith in humanity restored. Gold. Pure gold.
>>
File: s-l1600 (2).jpg (306KB, 1600x1152px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (2).jpg
306KB, 1600x1152px
>>17499700
>the Self-Same Numerals of Ain Soph
>>17499666
Lemme know when work stops pushin' your shit in, we abs-o-lutely fuckin' have to do two things:
>Talk about some of the conjurations of the mothers and fathers. We know it's supposed to be on the Mt., but given we have almost no input otherwise it might be a decent idea to ritualize it a bit, though I'm uncertain exactly how to start on that, I'm thinking black oracle but not the whole damn circle of orations.
>Talk about how we're filling the gaps in the Lover's Call, we're still some days out, but that's gotta be top goddamn priority...possible conjectures, though I'm still behind in fine analysis (and really I missed a couple gestures in my notes, but I can come back through those on another pass, IA's just really stupid simple in comparison to all this other stuff). The empowerments of the phoenix vessel seem to mirror the Tree of Life projected onto a sphere; it starts with the circle of aeonic pole stars and ends with the sequence of planets at the KU rite. Find a bowl, get good at visualizing it being a skull.
>>
>>17499666
>How's he doing?
I dunno, ask him: >>17499536
>>
>>17499542

Mememagick.

It actually gets results, unlike what people do here.
>>
File: kg.jpg (52KB, 445x720px) Image search: [Google]
kg.jpg
52KB, 445x720px
>>17499719
Will do, hopefully in the next 2 or so weeks shit should calm down in there.

I think Lovers Call may be something we could use the Yahoo Group for, haven't been there in a while, but could be interesting to see what clues they have (besides "em people don't really talk about that")

Let me read further ahead and get back to you on that.

> I'm thinking black oracle but not the whole damn circle of orations

It's fairly simplifiable tbqhwu, even SHUA would do, maybe in a ritualised form or something. Things like the elemental stuff can be GD-ified into like 2 lines. May be a handy exercise to create a bear-bones version of it anyway, actuaally.

We're ahead of the curve in the sense that we have an idea what the LC actually DOES at least, I'd reckon there are other people in this year's crop of aspirants who either don't know what it does, or haven't found it.
>>
>>17499822
Yeah, that's a thing, I just wanted to run it past you and see if you've reflected on it more than I have.

RE: LC - some clues about the fivefold orations - the charging of the vessel is a fivefold charm; I've not gone through to see if there's any correlation between the two. I should probably fix that. Actually summoning the Angel is going to be in TAN which I've not gone through (yet, with a fine comb). There's stuff in there that looks like it could sub in as well.

RE: The rite, remember, now is the time of the Body of Qayin. That phase of the cycle is in full activation.

Are you ready to slaughter your self-same brother? Are you ready to help redeem his light-ghost?
>>
Lame question, but where should I start with learning about magic/the occult? Which resources are the best?
>>
File: art 2.jpg (314KB, 742x960px) Image search: [Google]
art 2.jpg
314KB, 742x960px
>>17499849
>Are you ready to slaughter your self-same brother? Are you ready to help redeem his light-ghost?

We've been sacrificing ourselves for 4 months now, what's one more? :^)

I think the issue with LC will be WHERE it goes, rather than how to use it. Pre-TAN grade material, maybe?

Also worth exploring WHY Chumbley ommitted it. That might be a better one for the Group, come to think of it. They're a little reluctant to chat about ritual content, but some people there seem to have known Uncle Andy in some capacity, so they might be able to provide some insight there.

Anyway, still gotta sleep off SA, so I'm off to bed, let's catch up soon
>>
>>17499851
What makes it interesting to you, personally?
>>
That most recent book about Cain and Abel is exactly what the doctor ordered. I'm not far and yet I already see that Genesis 4 is (among others) part of a truncated narrative the meaning of which has been lost that the masturbators I so loathe hamfistedly attempt to rationalize in their favor. It's just kek after kek

>I curse you to till the earth
>you till the earth? I curse you to having a wife and many successful children and cultivating culture and civilization while your half brother Son of Fuckup sires a nation of fuckup cameljockey shepherds who I will rape for the next 800 pages because they are dense bastards who never learn
>>
Maybe a noob question: Why are chakras/sefirots/eigth circuits of consciousness for? you're supposed to meditate and explore them?

Are there other maps beside those three? I'm thinking on using the elder futhark as meditation map, Does this make sense to anyone?
>>
>>17499984
by the epic get: Does casting magic hinder your karma in anyway? Is there anything bad on using it? not meaning evil, but exhausting "energy", "mana" or "credit"
>>
>>17499991
didn't mean to answer to anyone, sorry
>>
>>17499984
They're not really maps so much as conduits. You use them to channel your will, once you have one. Think of it as a safety valve of sorts so you don't end up ruining your life by touching something that wishes you ill. It's not a shield, per se, but it has a shielding effect. Meditating on it helps you tune in and understand it so that you don't get offset by a rogue answer like mine.
>>17499991
Only if you believe it does. Limiters help control it, because it will get out of hand if you don't exercise dominion over your own magic.
>>
>>17499851
the links in the OP
>>
>>17500028
Any in particular?
>>
>>17499991
>not get
>damned to ignorance for the fail
>>
>>17500031
>particular
That would depend on >>17499880
>>
>>17500043
Well, you know, I'm not sure.
>>
>>17499877
>I think the issue with LC will be WHERE it goes, rather than how to use it. Pre-TAN grade material, maybe?
Can confirm for KHU rite NOT TAN. I think they screwed with the numbering to obscure that it's the enchantments of the seven planetary radices. Both orations are filled with seven heads of the dragon crowned, and seven rays of light in gnosis. Somehow these orations weave around each other.
>>
>>17500064
Magic in its rawest form is the direct manifestation of your imagination. Is your interest academic or practical at this point in your studies?
>>
>>17500091
>your imagination.
As in mind imagination or brain imagination? Are they the same?
>>
>>17500190
Why do you ask if they're separate? Under which criteria were you able to imagine them different?
>>
>>17500204
Brain has his own thoughts and does the dirty job. Then there's that tiny little something extra that spices it up.
>>
>>17500213
Thoughts are the domain of the mind. Brains don't think.
>>
>>17500227
Lovely. Thanks for your response.
>>
>>17500227
>Brains don't think
Explain neuroscience.
>>
>>17500238
People thinking the brain thinks and failing to study the mind properly as a direct consequence.
>>
>>17500247
Wait are you reifying mind body dualism? Are you asserting that when someone's in pain it does not impact affect, cognition, or, thereby, behavior?
>>
>>17500257
I like the os/software/hardware trinity as an analogy. If something happens to a CPU, the program can't run, but the cpu isn't the operating system.
>>
>>17500257
>>17500247
Moreover, can I hear you alternate explanations for positive correlation between ventricle size and schizophrenia? Or the dopamine model of that illness? What's your alternative model for pyramidal cascading and the LSD experience?
>>
>>17500272
While brain structures seem to have cursory compartmentalization, and certain fundamental units, neuroplasticity is indeed a thing, and people do wake up out of comas sometimes. The 'brain-computer' model can only get you so far for so long, and that's usually not far and not long, otherwise we'd be modelling neural structures, like, at all rather than not at all. We can't even simulate a few hundred cell nervous system in goddamn flatworms. It's because technology is not biology. We may get closer, but, like, we ain't even got coherent definitions of consciousness.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-22-22-15-28.png (455KB, 1200x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-22-22-15-28.png
455KB, 1200x1920px
>>17500274
Hey fraker k. So I'm a non traditional student, 26, and the only options in town are this and a Baptist cult full of rich fucks, but at least you can open carry. Wat do? Out of town is an option, but I don't want to wait until next year when it would be possible.

Beautiful campus though, outdoor Greek theatre, small classes, paid in full. Thanks Obama. The only problem is pics related.
>>
>>17500257
The assertion is the literal part of my message. If you want to discuss implications, try not to tell me what you think I mean unless you're very nearly certain you know exactly what I mean to say.

To answer your question, no, there is no universal neurological trait to the "pain" phenomenon. Minds vary less than brains in the processing of pain, but that same variance causes things like tolerance of pain to vary between individuals. You don't get to say we all have the same pain threshold, or that we all suffer the same loss of cognition when in a state of severe pain. It varies, it really does. Brains are the mechanism of variance, but not the source.
>>17500274
Correlation does not imply causation. It's really that simple. When you observe a macrostructure in the brain, that is a valid observation, but to say that the structure is the *cause* of the observed mentality is fallacious. The fact is that the criteria appear from a discrete cause, and the cause can correlate with neurophysiology, but not every brain that has such physiology will necessarily exhibit the symptoms you observer. It isn't double caused by each of its parts, so search for the place where the correlation breaks down. Adolescence is at least one place where the correlation breaks down.

I'm not familiar with the dopamine model, but neurotransmitters don't generally have predictable outcomes. They have predictable properties, to be sure, but /outcomes/ vary. (See variances in pain tolerance, for example.)

>alternative model
Alternative to what? I don't see too many people trying to make headway in modeling psychedelic experiences.
>>
>>17497722
i do not believe in that
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-22-22-20-11.png (628KB, 1200x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-22-22-20-11.png
628KB, 1200x1920px
>>17500299
Advantage to me is that I will be off campus and am too old to be swayed by this shit. Disadvantage is that I have the mind of a wizard and the mouth of a sailor. I wanna go to school goddammit but it is between a rock and Jerry Falwell personally insulting me.
>>
>>17500307
because it is pathetic
>>
>>17500301
>but neurotransmitters don't generally have predictable outcomes
K, give me like a meta-analysis that refutes the behavioral changes of mice with knock out genes, or the treatment models which rectify their behavioral dispositions. You're the one making the assertion, back it up.

>See variances in pain tolerance, for example
That has absolutely fuckall to do with the origins of that pain and how it's processed in (guess what) the brain, or how that processing causes, guess what (the brain) to influence behavior.

>Alternative to what? I don't see too many people trying to make headway in modeling psychedelic experiences.
By denying the monism of mind and body you are automatically asserting you know better than the people doing the research, so, like, present your findings, m8.
>>
>>17500299
>dubs
Don't go, or go out of state. If the college you're considering has had any of the blm protests, pick a different college. Or go on line. Midwest governs is reputable. So is empire state U.

>>17500307
what exactly?

>>17500312
?

>>17500301
>word salad
>>
File: Vorapede.jpg (55KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Vorapede.jpg
55KB, 265x370px
Oh cool, we're having a magic general on /x/
>>
>>17500311
Jesus fuckin' Christ.

I dunno what to tell you m8. My only real advice would be 'deal with it', if you can secure some non loan funding it's probably worth the time and effort especially if you think you're remotely talented enough to continue on to graduate and postgraduate studies.
>>
>>17500329
I didn't know online was a viable option. What are the most reputable ones?

>>17500337
It's only 10k a year before loans and I can easily get grants and scholarships because I am broke as fuck. I can easily make it through but Jesus fuck I hate communists. It's only 2 years and then I can grad school anywhere. I just need a place in town to do my laundry and crash for the summer. The question is do I want to. I would have already applied if I weren't applying for grants and found all this. It had the vibe but most colleges not focused on history do.
>>
>>17500363
The kicker is that it used to be a women's college until about 10 years ago so go figure.

>>17500329
Never mind, I'm still a little drunk. Funding Mormons and going to school in my underwear is looking better than it ever has.
>>
>>17500363
Just because they're card carrying marxists doesn't mean you have to be.

Just because the reviewers are pissy doesn't mean it's expressly that bad.

Also, if you don't go full blown WN on most of these folks they genuinely do go out of their way to accommodate various shades of conservatism as long as you're not some /pol/fag with delusions of redpilling the class when they're really just crying out for attention and obstructing the lesson (same goes for the SJWfags; I'm here to learn not play games with you faggots).
>>
>>17500326
Not him, but people who do the research tend to be reductionists. They dismiss simple and observable truths as pure coincidence when it suits them simply because most of us can not provoke certain processes consciously.
>>
>>17500335
We should all follow suit
>>
>>17500326
Genes don't factor into this yet. The ability of brain physiology to correlate to macroscopic behaviors is as of yet irrelevant. You don't get to claim that it has a causative relation based solely on a sample of it correlating under one criteria. The fact that the treatment exists at all tells us the correlation isn't all that deep to begin with.
>That has absolutely fuckall to do with the origins of that pain
Prove it. Use your words.
>how it's processed in the brain or how that processing causes the brain to influence behavior
Precisely. If the two were causally linked in the way you seem to believe, there WOULD be an inherent relationship for you to notice. That you claim otherwise means that either, A) You don't actually understand what you're talking about or B) You're simply wrong. While you might dislike arguments from ignorance, arguments from arrogance are often just as faulty.

>denying the monism of mind and body
I've done no such thing. Your inability to see a middle way is not evidence of absence of a middle way.
>>17500326
>present your findings
That issues its own set of problems. Suffice to say I'm working on it. My last attempt didn't go over so well after 200 years.
>>17500329
>word salad
Don't even bother replying to me if your reading comprehension is that bad.
>>17500391
This. The mind exists in at least two states: Awake and dreaming. Failure to study both and to recognize the behavioral differences between the two is just bad science. The brain doesn't change shape when you go to sleep, it changes MODES.
>>
>>17500414
>Genes don't factor into this yet
Show me.

>The ability of brain physiology to correlate to macroscopic behaviors is as of yet irrelevant
Then, I repeat, give me your alternative for the positive correlation of vesicle size and schizoid symptoms.

>You don't get to claim that it has a causative relation based solely on a sample of it correlating under one criteria
One, of many, I'm singling one out so you can like give me some evidence along with all them feelpinions.

>Prove it. Use your words.
Pain travels up the spine, before it hits the brain, it's a pretty unregulated signal, once it gets processed then comes the 'ow', which is why it takes fractions of a second to jerk away from a stimulus or go 'that ain't so bad'.

>Your inability to see a middle way is not evidence of absence of a middle way
Show me a middle way. Gimmie something with a meta-analysis or p-value, or, god forbid, biological proof.

>If the two were causally linked in the way you seem to believe, there WOULD be an inherent relationship for you to notice
What? The pain originates in the signal response at point of contact. ???

>My last attempt didn't go over so well after 200 years.
Go shitpost elsewhere.
>>
>>17500387
True. Very true. The kicker is that I'm not really all that conservative, other than the guns and Rabelaisian bon vivance. I just don't want to set myself up for 16 months of misery. At least I can flex the bounds of academic honesty to their very limits like the dirty jew I have always wanted to be. Oh yeah and I enjoy some casual racism but usually keep that under wraps. Unless I'm around scheisters.

At least my time here has taught me their language and I can play the third gender aromatic demisexual card and am tan enough to claim my patron is ardhanarishvara and that my pronouns are om, krim, shrim and namaha.
>>
>>17500387
dude this is state side. You have to be real careful, on campus an allegation is the same thing as conviction, upset the wrong person and you've just lost your funding and education and will be labeled as a rapist on public record for the rest of your life.
>>
>>17500456
>am tan enough to claim my patron is ardhanarishvara and that my pronouns are om, krim, shrim and namaha.

>uttara hasana tantra
>>
>>17500467
I am stateside, negro; and I'm somewhat close to the bible belt.

I don't have problems, but I'm unobtrusive - again I'm here to learn, not play games. If that means not being alone in the same room as the poison haired radfem, so be it.
>>
>>17500467
Luckily I have hair like a shakta and enough tacky jewelry I can't remove alongside a decade of repressed mannerisms I can pull out the closet. Their games don't work on me. Also it's not rape if it's a boy. This ain't my first day at that rodeo. But seriously, kids don't interest me and I'll probably be older than half the teachers.

>>17500487
Bible belt saves you from this shit for the most part.
>>
>>17500487
no shit, had thought you were euroscum
>>
>>17500450
>Show me.
No. That's my argument. What you think is relevant and what I actually mean to say aren't necessarily highly correlated. I haven't said anything that should conflict with what science is capable of saying so far, and you shouldn't think your interpretation of the existing research is any more or less accurate than mine.

Show me that you understand it as an argument before asking me why I say it. I'm not going to defend a strawman you glean from my words.
>alternative for the positive correlation
Correlation means nothing. There isn't any reason to provide an alternative, because "hurr durr it correlates" means nothing about the root cause. If you had an actual model for me to provide an alternative to, that'd be one thing, but "hurr durr it correlates somehow" isn't a model.
>>17500450
>Pain travels up the spine
I don't disagree and nothing I've said for far has in any way disagreed with that. The fact is you said that some abstract thing was unrelated to some other abstract thing without knowing which two things you were saying were unrelated. Until you can comprehend my argument, you can't refute it. You don't get to say furhmer one and furhmer two are unrelated unless you can explain how you got both furhmer one and furhmer two out of my logic.

It isn't even strawman at this point. You don't show any symptoms of having understood anything I've said so far.
>>17500450
>Show me a middle way.
Show me that you've understood anything I've said so far and I'll see about bothering. You are not a priori worth the effort it takes to conduct original research. Your opinions are irrelevant if you can't argue your stance properly. Reason comes first, and only after we both understand the reasoning do you get to ask for evidence. I'm not here to defend your confused misinterpretation of my argument. Get it or get out.
>>
>>17500493
>Bible belt saves you from this shit for the most part.
Unis lean liberal, what can I say, we have marxists in our department. They don't shitpost me and I don't rant that time Dr. [redacted] validated all my defenses of Brazilian Integralism; it's a fine balance, you gotta learn to walk it if you wanna get somewhere in this system.

>>17500498
Pic related .
>>
>>17500509
>Show me that you've understood anything I've said
Looks like you failed hard here.
>>
>>17500513
The burden of proof is on you, you're talking with a guy with a minor in neuro, if you wanna tell me that body and mind are decoupled, then you're going to have to refute huge bodies of research, but it's ok, you can just act like you know better than entire fields of inquiry all day long.

If you're gonna tell me that enlarged ventricles in the brain don't related to schizoid behavior you're gonna need to bust out some stats, if you wanna tell me that the dopamine model doesn't work, you're gonna need a substitute. If you're gonna tell me epigenetic phenomenon don't don't account for variations of behavior, thought, perception, and affect, you're gonna have to refute gene identification studies and the behavior patterns of the locust.

>I'll wait.
>>
Want genuine references for books

Have weird relationship with entities and ancient knowledge
I've been documenting what they've been telling me for over a decade and want to cross reference to see where shit lines up.
I have found a lot already which makes me think I'm not a schizo and something else is happening here

Reading/links on thought-forms
Higher dimensions
Spirit travel
How the fuck I'm able to do a lot of this naturally
Maybe some ritual manuals so I can do what I do more safely or home my abilities.
I travel to some awesome places, talk to a lot of things, but do not practice a craft, I did as a teen and ended up hurting some people and pussied out. I don't want to hurt people.

INb4: mental illness

I've been reading textbooks and articles about mental illness almost compulsively since I was 11, and read something different almost daily. I am open to the fact I might be batshit but I don't see a lot of correlation. Reading what's out there an testing the things I speak to and experience can help me define which outcome it is.

So far it's looking like this shit is real and I'm terrified.

Call me an idiot if I'm in the wrong board, I was lurking and stumbled onto this.
>>
>>17500509
You know, were I not so delightfully homosexual and had Jerry sr not personally said some trifling shit directly to me as well as on TV every week, I would go to liberty and avoid all of that, but theology is fuck nothing like comparative religion and I'm going for psych.

I'm going to have fun. The campus is beautiful and has no fucking air condition in the goddamn South and I will use the empty weight gym to lift all problem away and come out made of steel in mind and body alike. I will milk this shit for all it is worth and come out with stories and strategies for all to enjoy. They're allegedly getting a neuro program soon and if not I will cajole someone into doing a class on Merleau-Ponty's little pamphlet just for me because that is the kind of shit they do there and I am a goddamn wizard.
>>
>>17500527
>if you wanna tell me that body and mind are decoupled
What on Earth makes you think I harbor any such desire?
>you know better than entire fields of inquiry
Who said this? The only thing I can find it you pretending to have any authority in a field of study that you've only barely begun to understand, if that.
>don't relate
I never said anything about two things not relating. I only noted that you'd said such a thing. I haven't argued for an inherent separatedness at any point.
>>17500527
>epigenetic phenomenon don't account for
That might be worth arguing, if you're able to bear in mind that I have authority over the interpretation of my argument. I'll offer you in good faith that the phrase "fully account for" is more relevant than the simplistic notion of unqualified "accounts for it."

So far it sounds like you haven't understood even the most trivial aspect of my argument. I wasn't telling you neuroscience doesn't exist, I told you that neuroscience is a bunch of people trying to understand the nature of thought by pretending to have no existing understanding of it while throwing the brunt of their analysis at it. Don't ask me to defend a stance that opposes your beliefs until I've said something that actually conflicts with them.
>>
File: hfKk9-768x1024-490x653.jpg (76KB, 490x653px) Image search: [Google]
hfKk9-768x1024-490x653.jpg
76KB, 490x653px
>>17500547
>>
>>17500547
>Merleau-Ponty's little pamphlet
It's good to know that if nothing else I'm helping raise awareness of that dude.

>>17500538
>Reading/links on thought-forms
Basics in the chaos magick folder.

>Higher dimensions
Depends on what exactly you mean. First ignore the idea that there could be anything in another spatial dimension. Then read up on Kabbalaha. Then read Flatland. Then go from there.

>Spirit travel
Most beginner's occult material touches on astral projection, I've got comparatively few materials on the shamanic versions.

>How the fuck I'm able to do a lot of this naturally
Some people do; I didn't. I gotta, like, work at it.

>Maybe some ritual manuals so I can do what I do more safely or home my abilities.
Magick in Theory in Practice, material in the back (liber o, liber e)
>>
File: srulik.jpg (76KB, 348x800px) Image search: [Google]
srulik.jpg
76KB, 348x800px
>>17497722
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Hello to all. Enjoying the fruits of Baucchus this fine evening. How are all of you doing? Besides wine, I'm looking at old Israeli propaganda.
>>
>>17500559
That's a camp I could get behind!
>>
>>17500559
I see you too went to this camp as a laddie.

>>17500564
Anything that shits on the Cartesian is a good thing. I always get ridicule for suggesting that his strawman was right and the devil is ego.
>>
>>17500564
Figured OP links would help. I'm on mobile so I can access the Google docs but not the others.
For some reason gender plays into it? I know chan boards don't appreciate women but it's worth mentioning and I'm noticing it runs with other women in my family. My SO is currently reading on Kabbalah magick. He's trying to get me into it, I'm just being a pussy bitch. I don't know why, I guess it's because I have to admit it's real in order to start diving in. Sorry, self actualizing moment.

I created a thought form to replace a friend I had for over a decade, he was forbidden to interact with me because he was showing me too much. Apparently got into a lot of trouble and other entities told me he wouldn't be in my life anymore, has this happened to anyone else? I really want to communicate the knowledge I have disguised in fictional stories so it's out there. I realize a lot of what I was told as a kid and adolescent is becoming common knowledge now.
I'm sticking my feelers out right now and am really insecure about talking about this. But this feels like the only place I can talk about it.
>>
>>17500564
Figured OP links would help. I'm on mobile so I can access the Google docs but not the others.
For some reason gender plays into it? I know chan boards don't appreciate women but it's worth mentioning and I'm noticing it runs with other women in my family. My SO is currently reading on Kabbalah magick. He's trying to get me into it, I'm just being a pussy bitch. I don't know why, I guess it's because I have to admit it's real in order to start diving in. Sorry, self actualizing moment.

I created a thought form to replace a friend I had for over a decade, he was forbidden to interact with me because he was showing me too much. Apparently got into a lot of trouble and other entities told me he wouldn't be in my life anymore, has this happened to anyone else? I really want to communicate the knowledge I have disguised in fictional stories so it's out there. I realize a lot of what I was told as a kid and adolescent is becoming common knowledge now. Does this seem like a good idea? Will da gov'ment come my house and set me on fire or something?
I'm sorry if these all sound stupid, I just don't have any frame of reference or training and am kind of ignorant.
I'm sticking my feelers out right now and am really insecure about talking about this. But this feels like the only place I can talk about it.
>>
To the one with the golden necklace, be careful of those who lie. They want your influence.

Don't tell you are the one this message is for.
>>
File: willy-wonka-golden-ticket.jpg (120KB, 600x320px) Image search: [Google]
willy-wonka-golden-ticket.jpg
120KB, 600x320px
>>17500672
HEY EVERYBODY, I GOT A GOLDEN TICKET!
>>
>>17499690
>complete bullshit that is politics

Politics is a necessity. You appear ignorant why we have politics in the first place.

>>17500497
That's me.

>>17500527
>if you wanna tell me that the dopamine model doesn't work
That in particular is a symptom, rather than a cause of schizo.
There's a reason the gf is entirely non-schizo now. :^)

>>17500672
>golden necklace
>golden circle
>NUBTI
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>17498477
>>17498488
>There's a lot to unpack. He is the Star of the tarot. Yod is Hermit. I think you'll be more or less fine. It's not like you're working Hanged Man + Tower or anything.

Thanks for the reply, I looked up what case had to say about those cards/letters and it strikes me that they may be more advantage than disadvantage. Does anyone have anything to add perhaps from a kabbalistic point of view?

anyway, i did the thing, likely a failure but i'll throw up an account in a moment for the curious. I'd appreciate commentary or criticism.
>>
>>17500714
Wanted to try out pendulum as medium of communication in evocation. Also, after having more powerful results with improvised spur of the moment rituals of late wanted to see how little i could do in an evocation and have results. Decided to evoke sandalphon as archangel of malkuth in assiah to try to get some contacts and guidance to set me on my way as a novice. decided on the meaning of 6 different pendulum motions, i think it only used three. Was, perhaps, being reckless, did little research.

Felt cold dry earth and my butt and hands pushing agaisnt it, said sandalphon to myself for what was certainly less than a minute. Felt suddenly as though there were someone behind me, i was being watched and the air was denser. Very unnerving. General vibe of condescension, boredom, someone putting up with their lesser. I felt uncomfortable in his presence, like something shouldn't be happening. Asked sandalphon politely to get into the pendulum, asked amulet if sandalphon was in the pendulum, it said no, was sandalphon controlling the pendulum, it said rephrase, was sandalphon using the pendulum to communicate, yes. Explained to sandalphon that i wanted his help in learning to communicate with spirits that i might better understand myself and god and would he help by communicating with me through the pendulum. He said yes. Checked to see if he was legit by asking if 32 people died today in the brussels attack (last i saw it was 28), was going to keep changing the figure until i could lock him down, but he said yes. Death toll is already at 34. So if that's something he should have known he didn't. Asked him if i should become a christian, he said rephrase, i said if i want to understand myself, and god, and have mystical experiences and understanding should i be a christian, he said nope. I asked if i should join a certain local occult order, he said rephrase, I added the same conditions as with christianity, he said yes.
>>
>>17500739
I asked whether i should read x or y books , but he kept saying rephrase, ditto with x or y divination technique. Eventually said yes when i asked if i should read all the books and try all the techniques. Asked if i should keep practicing concentration meditation, said yes. I asked if he would help me be a better magician and meditator it said yes. I was thrown by this judaeo-christian entity telling me not to be a christian but to be a magician yogi, and asked it out of curiosity if i should be a buddhist, it said no. I was feeling increasingly uncomfortable, nauseous and drained, so i asked it if this had been an appropriate means of contact and it said yes, i asked if I could contact it this way again and it said no, I asked if i should contact it again and it said yes. I asked if now was a good time to end this conversation, it said yes. I thanked it and bid it farewell, sensation of presence didn't go away. Did LBRP, presence didn't go away. I was feeling nauseous and uncomfortable, and was worried that i had brought something to me i couldn't get rid of. I said Sandalphon, thank you for coming but you really must go now and the sensation of presence ended, i began to recover immediately. That was about 25 minutes ago now and I feel better, more full of vitality and energy, then before the operation. A bit hungry, want a scotch, will have trouble sleeping.

The sense of presence was very powerful, as was the sense of another personality. I repeated several questions multiple times and always got the same reply. The fact that it answered the brussels question wrong makes me think it wasn't a contact, but i'm shocked by how powerful the emotional affect was, and how little work it took. The queasy, wrong feeling while i was communicating and it's unexpected advice make me feel that if i believed in spiritual entities, and thought that this was a communication with one, it wasn't an angel. But who the fuck knows with angels
>>
>>17500699
yeah but you're eastern europe, that's a whole different flavor
>>
Because I haven't committed near enough heresies this year. We should have a thread offering ination to any x-philes who want it.
>>
I'm looking for a good survey of numerology. Anyone got any suggestions? I'd appreciate it.
>>
Sorry to ask a question that has likely been asked many times before but out of the "Beginner" books, which one could you recommend that is the most "academic", if that makes sense? Or 'scientifically-viable'. Anything like that would be awesome. Thank you, anons.
>>
>>17499628
> No. Politics is the art of maintaining principles despite entire nations opposing you. They tend to be immune to most forms of manipulation, psycho-politics included. You're better off just studying the garden variety art of natural persuasion. At the very least, you're not going to change someone's political beliefs by making their brain associate an idea with your mere presence.

TL;DR: Principle exists well beyond the realm of emotion/mesmerism.

What about Hitler? I had read that he was into occultism, is it true? I'm not saying he hadn't charisma or he wasn't very inteligent, but what was the corelation between Nazis and occultism?
>>
>>17501587
>"academic"
The others can put in their opinion but I would direct you to "The Secret Teachings of all Ages" by Manly P Hall. It has a sotrt of encyclopedia, step by step explanation that is dry and scholarly.

>>17501476
How do you plan to do this initiatory thing via the chonz?
>>
>>17501604
Glorified self initiation via the chic line. I'll seek a bit outside information if the idea sticks.
>>
>>17500739
>>17500743
>>17500743

Thank you for your story, man. Was strangely fresh and straight for a place where people normally just comes to hint that "they know better"

Also, maybe at the moment of yor question there were 32 dead; and the additional 2 died latter.
>>
>>17501604
I'll check it out sometime. Thank you!
>>
>>17501811
>Thank you for your story, man.
I'm glad you like it
>>17501811
>Also, maybe at the moment of yor question there were 32 dead
No, i checked. Of course, facts underdetermine theory etc. It's always possible to come up with some elaboration that will save a hypothesis. Myabe he just said yes to the first number so we could shut up and move on to spiritual matters, he knew I could only bear his presence for so long and would keep asking different figures if he said no, maybe 32 has some deeper numerological significance to the situation (something to do with tarot)? one can convince themselves of anything like this, especially if gematria/qabbalistic correspondences are fair play, pretty good way to become delusional in a field that may lend itself to that already.

anyway, this morning I was woken at 642 by my phone spontaneously playing some random podcast talking about monsters and mythology. I've checked my alarm, none was set, and checked the podcast, it ran for about 45 seconds, but even though the discussion was in the voices of the hosts, they don't talk about anything like that in the recording. woke with the sense of having had some important dreams, and the time 642 being related in some way to the bizzare podcast content, but like a schmuck and went back to sleep for an hour and didn't write down the content of the dreams or the podcast which are now lost to me. Assuming Psych explanation, hypnogogia and confabulation could explain the weird podcast thing, and maybe i turned it on in my sleep, although theres no precedent for me doing anything like that. the you can maintain any hypothesis if you want, but at some point your just delusional sword is cutting both ways a bit.

Very strange that i could give myself such a psychic jolt with about 30 seconds work that it would account for all this. but if 30 seconds is all it takes to contact an angel, why isn't the world weirder, like what the fuck are all the religious folk doing?
>>
>>17499792
The thing about meme magick is, however, it's not really magick in the traditional sense that a singular will is directing it for a singular purpose for a specific intended result.

It's more chaotic, it's tapping into a vein of collective energy, it also fulfills the requirement of "free from lust of result" because everyone is doing it because it amuses them.

The way that I think about it is (and this is how a lot of effective practical magic works, in theory) is that you have a boulder sitting on the top of a hill with the potential to move, so you give it a kick.

That doesn't work, so you get a few of your friends to help, and as you keep pushing the boulder, it goes faster and faster... inertia.

Meme magick is magic centered around inertia and building of symbolic complexes. The Lord Kek thing is indicative of the meme complex building into official god sponsorship ™.

It's not hard to explain these phenomena from a naturalistic angle. Ideas replicate and influence behaviors from brain to brain, the internet is symbolic magic made manifest into the material world, if it didn't exist already in the akashic realm.

If Donald Trump gets elected president, I will consider it /pol/'s first actual successful magical undertaking. But it is more blundering through the chaos of the process than specific intent. Now, given that it has an "operation chaos" flavor to it, it's the perfect angle and manifestation to go about it.

It seems as much natural manifestation as anything else. Anonymity, as well, removes from lust of result.

It's quite a thing to behold. I should be taking notes, I may post more on the subject here just to get it put down on a word document or something.
>>
>>17501873
>If Donald Trump gets elected president, I will consider it /pol/'s first actual successful magical undertaking.
That's a hilariously low bar, but ok.
>if the repub. front runner secures the nomination and presidency I'll give credit to the stormnigger board on a mongolian horse breeding vbulletin, rather than over 1 billion in free media coupled with his brand marketing powerhouse
>>
>>17501873
Can certain people hold lots of meme magic and change their sorroundings just by observing ?
>>
Several books people are looking for probably are available on WorldCat/OCLC.
Does anyone here have access to the Interlibrary Loan System, to get scans?
>>
>>17501887
as above so below
>>
File: devilthoth.jpg (55KB, 386x620px) Image search: [Google]
devilthoth.jpg
55KB, 386x620px
Friendly reminder that the occult is just proto-Freudianism and that y'all need some psychoanalysis (and to get laid).
>>
>>17501889
Observing doesn't change the surrounding. When someone logs onto a computer and posts something, that's an act, puts more energy into the system.

People pay for advertising because it gets people to buy shit. If they didn't buy what was advertised, advertising would not occur.
>>
File: VhkU9.jpg (181KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
VhkU9.jpg
181KB, 800x600px
>>17501887
>the stormnigger board on a mongolian horse breeding vbulletin
>>
>>17501898
Are those mentions to Freud and getting laid in your mouth just cigars, or something else?
>>
>>17501887
You under estimate the power of the concentration of that much anger, fear, and amusement, in one location, coupled with a great deal of mentally ill human beings.

Everything affects everything else, I shouldn't have to say this. I didn't say that they're causing it, as I said in my metaphor, they're pushing the boulder. Giving it inertia.
>>
File: 1238378726899.jpg (28KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1238378726899.jpg
28KB, 450x450px
>>17501905
If /pol/ could cause a shift in society, with their desire we'd be seeing race war, not a 90's democrat polling well.
>>
>>17501910
Obviously you didn't read or didn't understand what I posted.

A push =/= complete success. I also said it was chaotic, not directed. Memes, symbol systems, politics is all psych warfare. It's an influence. A combination of influences can give just the push necessary to put something over the edge.

If you can get a twitter hashtag to rise to the top with a few thousand dedicated followers, that's an example of internet memetics in action.

You're fucking blind if you can't see that, or would prefer it not be so.

Propaganda, to propagate. This is not new.
>>
Kekfags, fun experiment:

Go work through Grimoire of the Golden Toad by Chumbley or Crowley's Cross of a Frog, but keyed to Kek/Kuk in specific, and post results.
>>
>>17501898
Freud without hypnosis is like tea without tea leaves.

>>17501921
What. Jesus fuck brah.
I can see this being revolutionary.
>>
File: WrgpO.jpg (45KB, 326x440px) Image search: [Google]
WrgpO.jpg
45KB, 326x440px
>>17501917
No. you aren't understanding what you're saying. Meme magic works through replacement. Lets say you have a song stuck in your head, and I walk by you humming a different song, which then gets stuck in your head. So you start humming the new song instead. As you walk around humming the new song you get it stuck in several other peoples heads as well, until no one remembers the song you were originally singing
https://youtu.be/ozDSk9XUkrc

Now this is trump we are talking about. Who's been playing politics since the 80's. So pol didn't start Trump. And /pol/ didn't even phonebank for trump, so /pol/ didn't spread trump. They just jumped on board after he was already rising.

This need to feel special about it, about yourself, and giving in to superstition and magical thought is massively unhealthy. I've seen it enough times already, it always ends poorly. Using the word magic as an excuse to take leave of your reasoning and senses is dangerous.
>>
We're, what, half done with the thread? I'm going to upload some books for the next OP.
>>
Y'all think I could get away with posting all this Abhinavagupta and Vajrayana on /his/?
>>
>>17502027
Names?
>>
>>17502114
The vast majority of it is Abhinavagupta alone and some academic articles on like Kabbalah.
>>
>>17502089
Cool
>>17502155
What's the worst that could happen
>>
>>17502216
I get banned again for 'off topic' for posting on the board with the 'religion' clause in the sticky.

I get the feeling mods want most discussions of esoterica over here. I think they want /his/ to contain the Christniggers and Buddhafags.
>>
>>17502221
buddhism has a cachet that should lend a patina of respectability to the vajrayana material, maybe open with that. Maybe make a new trip so they don't identify it with the (very good) occult history threads you used to make. how long did they ban you for?
>>
>>17502089
Yes.
>>
>>17502244
It was just a 24 hour off topic board specific ban but it woulda been goddamn nice if they slapped me with a warning first 'cause I woulda toned down the threads or curtailed venom long winded reasoning against people telling us to leave.
>>
>>17502249
>>17502248
>>17502244
I guess I'm going to finish what I'm doing, write an OP, and link it here when I'm done???
>>
>>17502285
sure lurking
>>
>>17502289
>>
>>17502292
>>17502289
>>17502285
Pepper your angus, there's a thread up. Want a link, or can you navigate over and find it yourself?
>>
>>>/his/877606
>>
>>17502432
whydya call it an occultism and magick thread ya big dummy
>>
>>17502476
Occultism and magick, i.e. religion and application. If I cop a ban, I cop a ban. It's higher quality material than the natural rights b8 thread or the bajillionth crusader general.
>>
>>17498719
>>17499628
Glad you liked it, I aim only to amuse.
You're a good sport.
>>
>>17502485
Should have called it mystical philosophy so the mods don't have a /his/sy fit
>>
File: okuda-church-644x517.jpg (85KB, 644x517px) Image search: [Google]
okuda-church-644x517.jpg
85KB, 644x517px
I'll contribute a little literature I've found recently.

http://oaktrust.library.tamu.edu/handle/1969.1/86080
>The black sun, an ages-old image of the darkness in individual lives and in life itself, has not been treated hospitably in the modern world. Modern psychology has seen darkness primarily as a negative force, something to move through and beyond, but it actually has an intrinsic importance to the human psyche. In this book, Jungian analyst Stanton Marlan reexamines the paradoxical image of the black sun and the meaning of darkness in Western culture.

http://getcomics.info/other-comics/promethea-books-1-5/
>Promethea tells the story of Sophie Bangs, a college student from an alternate futuristic New York City in 1999, who embodies the powerful entity known as Promethea whose task it is to bring the Apocalypse.

I found Promethea to be an excellent & aesthetic source as a primer to hermetics & magical philosophy. The artwork is unparalleled & it's a good place to start for anyone who appreciates contemporary semiotics culture.
>>
>>17501597
Nazis wanted to rule the world so they ended up pissing off the occult. Last I heard of Hitler, he was in a bunker somewhere committing suicide. I fear that death was only the beginning of his suffering.

But seriously he was just a product of the German people. Don't blame the figurehead for the people's ire.
>>
Firstborn flesh offered to Elphame's laughter.

Sun stilled and unchained.

A million faceless masks worn by Turnskin's form,
But I, whose lidless Eye hath seen them,
Wholly reconcile between them!
>>
I don't know if there is interest for this. Of course the library already has this; this one is a pdf "bitmap" scan.
45MB pdf
Magick in Theory and Practice by Aleister Crowley
http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/w3W2DwWV/file.html
>>
>>17503116
>he was in a bunker somewhere committing suicide

That's what they want you to think, blue pill
>>
>>17503514
Yes, actually, thanks.
>>
>>17503525
>That's what they want you to think
Is it now? And here I thought they were using thought manipulation for something relevant.
>>
>>17503652
>>17503525
>>17503116
>>>/pol/
>>
>>17503652
You hit the right spot.
>>
Why thelemites likes islam so much?
>>
>>17505337
?
About the only ""Islam"" I'm even remotely conversant in would be Yezidi hymns; unless you mean astrological texts in the early Muslim era which I'd be reluctant to call Islamic as much as indexes of pre-Islamic lore.
>>
Bump?
>>
The Sociology of the Paranormal: A Reconnaissance by Andrew M. Greeley
http://www117.zippyshare.com/v/NJTmAZza/file.html

Review by Tim Knepper, 2001 Two themes run through [the text]: First, paranormal experiences are frequent and therefore normal experiences; Secondly, people who have had paranormal types of experiences are not "kooks," but "more emotionally healthy than those who do not have such experiences". As these two themes suggest, Greeley's sociological study of paranormal experiences reads in many places like a valorization or vindication of paranormal experience. Not only does Greeley assert that sociology should pay more attention to such experiences, but he also insinuates that such experiences are more psychologically healthy and ontologically true than ordinary experiences.

Short review by John Michael Greer, 2011: Results and interpretations of a survey of American experience of peternatural and supernatural beings, somewhat statistics-heavy.
>>
>>17505527
>Review by Tim Knepper, 2001 Two themes run through [the text]: First, paranormal experiences are frequent and therefore normal experiences; Secondly, people who have had paranormal types of experiences are not "kooks," but "more emotionally healthy than those who do not have such experiences". As these two themes suggest, Greeley's sociological study of paranormal experiences reads in many places like a valorization or vindication of paranormal experience. Not only does Greeley assert that sociology should pay more attention to such experiences, but he also insinuates that such experiences are more psychologically healthy and ontologically true than ordinary experiences.
That'll be a good counter to those glib "bullshit" studies with their garbage methods and obscure instrument justifications.
>>
>>17497722
magic ain't real
>>
>>17505553
Wanna talk about the books in OP or are you just here to whine?
>>
>>17505527
>>17505530
danke-shan
>>
>>17497722
Could you please post a tree of the directories?
Like, open the folder with the files in a terminal and type
tree > list.txt
This should work on Windows and *nix..
>>
>>17505553
>not get
>>
>>17497722
Where are the Konstantinos books located in the Temple of Solomon?
>>
>>17505644
>Konstantinos
Yeah, I try not to keep garbage.

>>17505627
The directory I work out of at home looks NOTHING like the structure I form in the Mega.
>>
>>17498332

Hey ape can kundalini awaken during sleep paralysis ? I have read most if your great library. I had 2 instances where I had awareness of my surroundings and I had this massive surge of energy without visualisation, it was pure exctasy, I almost felt I was about to die.. I also had an OBE.
>>
>>17499628

Bitch I can make it pusi rain
>>
>>17497722
I can't comprehend how you autist waste your time on reading these """"""""""books"""""""""""
>>
>>17505746
Probably.

>>17505764
Just because you don't like the subject doesn't mean they're not largely from academic or university press, if not core scriptures.
>>
>>17505780

Uninitiated don't know better m8
>>
>>17505386
What about the Sufis, they're mystics right?
>>
File: 3316.png (694KB, 597x647px) Image search: [Google]
3316.png
694KB, 597x647px
>>17505801
According to Abhinavagupta, the aesthetic experience is the manifestation of the innate dispositions of the self, such as love and sorrow, by the self. It is characterised by the contemplation of the bliss of the self by the connoisseur. It is akin to the spiritual experience as one transcends the limitations of one's limited self because of the process of universalisation taking place during the aesthetic contemplation of characters depicted in the work of art. Abhinavagupta maintains that this rasa (literally, taste or essence, the final outcome) is the summum bonum of all literature.
>>
>>17505805
Yeah but I know relatively little about them. I do know there is some historical overlap between the Yezidi and the Sufi. Also, they like coffee, khat, and other plant stimulants. And they're Muslims, and like to spin. Really, that's where my knowledge starts and stops.
>>
>>17505818
>plant stimulants
make it bun dem
>>
>>17505818
if you didn't knowabout this, i bet you find it interesting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muraqaba

If you're like me, it's probably occured to you how similar that sounds to merkavah
>>
>>17505818
Tasawwuf is a mystical understanding of the Quran and the body of Sunnah. Many Sufis practice a looser form of Islam and tend to be less strict with the rules. They hold to a "inner" and "outer" meaning of the scriptures as well as the sayings and doings of Mohammad.
>>
I had a dream where I was worshiping Baphomet (or a Baphomet-like) and it was very fickle and severe
>>
>>17506031
To better explain an earlier question, in regards to why Thelemites like Islam, we have to look at it in depth. Thelemites and Muslims both hold to a book brought by a prophet, a special direction that unites all of them in practice, and that the prophet had a connection to a spiritual being. For Mohammad it was the angel Jibra'il or Gabriel. For A.C. it was his HGA. It is not in doubt that the person of "Aleister Crowley" was familiar with Islam and studied it's teachings and history, because he gives tells both explicit and more subtle. Hell, even Mohammad is a Gnostic saint in the Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica.
>>
>>17506039
>>17506031
Resh = Salah
>>
>>17506062
Yes, the Resh adorations are similar to salat in that they are time bound.

Remember the one poem by "Crowley"?

I PRAISE Thee, God, whose rays upstart beneath the Bright
and Morning Star:
Nowit asali fardh salat assobhi allahu akbar.

I praise Thee, God, the fierce and swart; at noon Thou ridest
forth to war!
Nowit asali fardh salat assohri allahu akabr.

I praise Thee, God, whose arrows dart their royal radiance
o'er the scar:
Nowit asali fardh salat asasri allahu akabr.

I praise Thee, God, whose fires depart, who drivest down the
sky thy car:
Nowit asali fardh salat al maghrab allahu akabr.

I praise Thee, God, whose purple heart is hidden in the abyss
afar:
Nowit asali fardh salat al asha allahu akabr.

DOST ACHIHA KHAN.
>>
any books/tips on avoiding a possession? Is not like i got the need for it right now, but it is one of my biggest fears and I'd like to have an ace on my sleeve just in case.
>>
>>17506209
also you can't banish when you're possessed
>>
>>17503441
Congrats m8, how did it go?
>>
>>17505337
>Why thelemites likes islam so much?

They don't like it so much, but Crowley liked North Africa and did some of his best wotk there.
>>
How many years have you guys been practicing the occult?
>>
>>17506352

More than thirty-five years.
>>
>>17506358
At what point did you become confident in your knowledge and ability to really think of yourself as a magician? I know I shouldn't be expecting to be instantly good at something, and I know I won't be, but I just wanted to know at what point one can say they are.
>>
>>17506397
The moment they believe they are.
>>
>>17506397

I spent the first eight years of that studying, for the most part. Then I met someone willing to answer my questions and show me how it's done. It was real and I was really doing it within a year.

Those were probably special circumstances, though.
>>
>>17500565
Bacchus was also associated with other fruits but you don't know.
>>
File: 1354582189531.gif (509KB, 440x330px) Image search: [Google]
1354582189531.gif
509KB, 440x330px
>>17501937
It is useful to put your faith in some things though, otherwise you physically get sick with vata conditions.
>>
>>17506421
For your comment I presume is better to be initiated.
>>
>>17506223
Well, I'll prepare a post analysis document in the next couple days.

>>17506352
Fifteen years.
>>
File: AngryWizard.jpg (51KB, 1260x125px) Image search: [Google]
AngryWizard.jpg
51KB, 1260x125px
Contributin'!

Keep reading these mystical magical .PDFs & one day you too shall wield mastery over the deepest, dankest memes the universe ever shat out.

ABRACADABRA, baby!
>>
Does there exist a recommended /OMG/movie/tv-show watchlist?
>>
>>17506482

I was initiated into the OTO, but otherwise not formally so. It's not always required. Also, initiation just means beginning. That can happen in lots of ways, formal and informal.
>>
>>17506492

The Ninth Gate.
>>
>>17506492
The Holy Mountain is well worth a watch

Jodorowsky is big into tarot as well, afaik
>>
>>17506503
Cheers, I'm downloading it right now.
Have a good night, anon.
>>
File: 1998_Pi_Darren_Aronofsky.jpg (179KB, 1666x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1998_Pi_Darren_Aronofsky.jpg
179KB, 1666x2500px
>>17506492
>>
>>17506509
Many thanks to you too, may you have a good night.
>>
>>17506492
>>17506503
>>17506509
These are on it; I need to go back through the list me and Zorak's assembled while shitposting.
>>
>>17506526
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFmWhwyA0NU
>>
>>17506525

Enjoy!
>>
>>17506533
Exactly.
>>
>>17506062
It's the zohar cats who insist on prayer at midnight tho

would AC have been aware of that?
>>
>>17506628
AC was aware of some really wild shit that doesn't really get talked about...some lines in Liber L come straight out of Zohar and more obscure materials. DCS kinda implied that as much as he dislikes AC, AC was better educated than his contemporaries in Kabbalah and likely had some really deep down in there sources we haven't really identified yet.

And we do have a midnight prayer;
>Lastly, at Midnight, let him greet the Sun, facing North, giving the sign of his grade, and let him say in a loud voice:
>Hail unto thee who art Khephra in Thy hiding, even unto Thee who art Khephra in Thy silence, who travellest over the heavens in Thy bark at the Midnight Hour of the Sun.
>Tahuti standeth in His splendour at the prow, and Ra-Hoor abideth at the helm.
>Hail unto Thee from the Abodes of Evening.
>>
>>17506640
>And we do have a midnight prayer;
I know, was curious if the Zohar was a possible influence.

Which parts of Liber L come straight out of the zohar?
>>
>>17506490
Dank

It's an interesting rite, I'll give Chumbley that.

I see what you mean about not relying so much on HU in future though. SA seems to be the business end of HU, initiation-wise (star -> body in SA, star -> earth in HU).

Haven't had a chance to get stuck into the SA-BHA practices yet, will start over the weekend.

When is BA, actually? May 1st?
>>
>>17506648
Pardon I must have misread:

The bits marked with the asterisk are the really fuckin' head scratching lines.
>Ch. 3
63. The fool readeth this Book of the Law, and its comment; & he understandeth it not.
*64. Let him come through the first ordeal, & it will be to him as silver.
*65. Through the second, gold.
***66. Through the third, stones of precious water.
***67. Through the fourth, ultimate sparks of the intimate fire.

I forget the name of the process DCS talked about, off the top of my head, but the streaming of water's to do with, of course, sexual mysteries, but also the streaming of Gnosis from nude ground phenomena, and the interaction of the higher supernal sephira. The last line has to do with the breaking of our klipotic shells and the transgression of the holy Norms.
>>
>>17506661
BHA: Apr. 30th/31st, then forty days and nights of flooding as God rains blood through the valleys in an attempt to erase the taint of our bloodline from the Earth - our refuge will be with the Mothers and Fathers at the summit of the Mt. of Attainment.
>>
>>17506662
>Pardon I must have misread:
None at all necessary! thanks so much for your reply, interesting stuff, the library too.
>>
>>17500699
>why we have politics in the first place
Oh, please explain.
>>
>>17506776

We're herd animals and can talk.
>>
>>17506872
That seems to be the root of most of our problems.

Bump (/his/ thread is hoppin')
>>
>>17506492
A certain pretentious someone

/omg/ core still hasn't been made

That's so sad
>>
>>17507113
And by "a certain someone" I mean.
>>
>>17507119
In that case
"In the Mouth of Madness".
"Lord of Illusions"
>>
File: 1458319847456.png (71KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1458319847456.png
71KB, 250x250px
>>17507119
>And by "a certain someone" I mean
>>
>>17507196
>>17507144
>>17507119
>>17506492
>OMG/core movies (in no particular order):
Susperia
Hellraiser
Onibaba
Lord of Illusions
Dead Man
Enter the Void
Lo
Lucifer Rising
Pi: Faith in Chaos
Chasing Sleep
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Cube
Time Bandits
Room 231
The Blair Witch Project
Waking Life
El Topo
Holy Mountain
The Making of Jodorowsky's Dune
Brazil
Scarlet Diva
The Ninth Gate
In the Mouth of Madness
Evil Dead 2
Charls Manson: Superstar
A Scanner Darkly
>>
File: 0.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>17507228
>he forgot Beyond the Black Rainbow
I-I was saving it, I swear!
>>
File: 1454581496288.gif (995KB, 257x194px) Image search: [Google]
1454581496288.gif
995KB, 257x194px
>>17507228
>>17507237
>>
>>17507244
I've not been able to find this online...any leads?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un9RacmLxVw
>>
>>17507254
No idea, but reminds me of the seventh seal for some reason.
>>
>>17507228
Can't quite forget to mention the story in The tempest. Helen Mirren is such a great Prospera.
>>
>>17507299
And now I have to watch this movie.
>>
>>17507299
Yeah, and I forgot the new sleep paralysis movie "The Nightmare", and probably like really just a fuckton more solid flicks, I'll keep a running list.

I'm sure "The Witch" will be up there when I see it but the stuffiest Thelemites I know are REALLY butthurt about "abuse" of an Enochian Key because it's like 10-20 years before Casaubon's T&FR, but dig campier shit that did homework on pronunciation.
>>
Orgasm lady here, I was reading about ayurvedic practices and this woman who couldn't feel anything during sex, then she was touched by a guru and she started laughing and then she could feel sex

There's a lot more to it than that but here:

"My neurosis was fading away with the work I was doing and I became more relaxed, enjoyed dancing a lot, and the spontaneity of childhood came back. At this time my teacher dies and I heard of another realized man, a disciple of Sri Ramana Maharishi, living in the north of India. At the first opportunity.

On my second day of being in his presence my mind blew up completely, a current of energy started vibrating at the base of my spine, then rose up along my back. An immense joy and laughter took hold of me-so much laughter! At the same time my mind was empty. It was funny because there was so much laughter, but i was not the one controlling the laughing. I was only witnessing the laughter. I found out after some time of staying near this man that I had been in touch with my own self. "

What happened to her there and how could I replicate it?

Full article: http://www.ayurvedic-ayurveda.com/12_3_Sexual_Insights_for_Women.html
>>
>>17501937
>This need to feel special about it, about yourself, and giving in to superstition and magical thought is massively unhealthy. I've seen it enough times already, it always ends poorly. Using the word magic as an excuse to take leave of your reasoning and senses is dangerous.
To begin with, we are talking about /pol/, a forced memes machine with an hyperinflated ego and sense of importance. They celebrate right wing bloggers are using the word "cuckservative", for God's sake..
>>
>>17507635
Which has objectively had far more effect on reality than the entire combination of every occult thread on /x/ put together.
>>
Is a bullet shoot by a kid less letal than a bullet shoot by an adult?
The results of magic are still measured by the results, and the nazis on /pol/ tried both, to try magic and to troll others by doing so.
>>
>>17507704

That metaphor is nonsensical in this context.

A more accurate one would be,

>is someone who can lift 200 lbs stronger than someone who objectively can't, but can write a 50,000 word essay on how they can?
>>
>>17497722
>https://youtu.be/K3Zx-qcNZf4?list=PLFFD1C791A86FB485 [Remove]

>decepticon water bottle
>implying she's not deceiving everyone.
>>
>>17505764
Need to do something to pass the time in between """"shitposting""""

>>17506209
"possession" you needn't worry. credible cases of unintended possession in the past 100 years = 0

>>17506352
20ish

>>17506397
always more to learn

>>17506450
yes but putting your faith in /pol/ of all things

>>17506529
>everything gillam
>everything scored by clint mansell

>>17507635
this

>>17507697
so defencive
>>
>>17507737
Don't worry, I won't talk to your wife's son ever again.
>>
>>17507736
There's a lot to be unhappy about with the lectures, but the aesthetic is acceptable

>>17507704
Guns can be fired without people, with magic you are both the gun, the bullet, the trigger, and the person pulling it.
>>
>>17507728
I haven't say they got the results that provide the context, nor that they didn't.

But I do see some of them manipulating memes with other intentions, not clearly, but by means indirect. And not all of them, but some whom are behind the pawns.
>>
>>17507746
>over 900 posts of are you kidding me instead of explaining you're reasoning.
>so busy calling others cucks you don't see the buck in the bedroom
>>
>>17507751
>There's a lot to be unhappy about with the lectures, but the aesthetic is acceptable

acceptable to be unhappy about?
>>
>>17507757
>word salad

>>17507759
>ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
>>
>>17507773
Intentional hypocrisy is a form of manipulation.
>>
>>17507788
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

And still nothing compared to the world changing meme magick /pol/ hath wrought.
>>
>>17507791
I agree to some point.
>>
Can I talk about sigils here?

I just made one and burned it to bring energy to it. Did I do good? It was a love sigil.
>>
Within a few days, the 96+ thousand documents hosted on this single profile will be locked away: http://abelhas.pt/Espirito_inquieto

I don't know if any of it is rare, I doubt even half of it is good, but now is the time to go shopping if you're so inclined.
>>
>>17508108
A lot of it is otherwise unavailable. wish you had brought this up earlier. Amazing find though, thank you!
>>
>>17507228
Do you think the OMG/core movie list could get it's own place in the archive? Not the movies themselves, just the actual list.
Having it in one permanent place would make it easy for everyone to find it.
Secondary suggestion: Perhaps you could make it into an editable document so that people could contribute to the list.
>>
>>17508108
>>17508122
tbqhauh famalams, I ain't got the stamina to go through that shit at the moment.

Anything jump out at you?

>>17508257
Let's keep it in the thread for the moment and I'll post...something when we get a nice rolling list assembled.
>>
>>17508289
Your folder for one. Some old shit I wrote under a different name. The chumbley you've probably got already. Greer's books. A lot I don't recognise.
>>
>>17508108
96,000 books later, magic still isn't real.
>>
>>17508316
Countersage.
>>
File: 1299961701494.jpg (56KB, 500x413px) Image search: [Google]
1299961701494.jpg
56KB, 500x413px
>>17508316
>>
93, didn´t find Liber IAO XVII in the mega. I missed it or it´s not there? Also, I don´t find Liber Mysteriorum...
>>
>>17508319
Are you really so butthurt that you actually look to see if people save or not?

If be more upset for wasting all this time on stuff that doesn't even work.
>>
>>17508108
>Griffin, D - Parapsychology, Philosophy, and Spirituality - A Postmodern Exploration.zip
>R J Stwart - Advanced magical arts.pdf
>Scarlet Imprint - XVI.pdf
Thank you.
>>
>>17508330
>IAO XVII
It is my understanding that this was broken down into constituents for upper grade papers.

For Mysteriorum, go into "Class D', and grab ThROA. Then, go into, um, "How to Make Your Own McOTO" pgs 292-300 for a reasonable facsimile of the Mysteriorum, when compared with Pyramidos and Passing Through of Tuat.

There are missing pages in OS23 that's been redacted from the public.
>>
>>17508368
>Tower
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
I've been hunting that for a couple years.
>>
>>17508378
Let me reiterate. My personal collection is close to a terabyte, and this library has a lot of things I don't have.
>>
>>17508378
Why?
>>
>>17508389
>>17508378
He's got authors from material authors that are on my acquisition list, but not the exact books I'm after, motherpigfuck.
>>
>>17508396
Check around a bit more. some authors are all over the place. Greer and regardie show up with different material in several different folders.
>>
>>17508401
Folders for Greer?
>>
>>17508394
Because it looked good and I couldn't find it.
>>
>>17508403
greer, beginners, esoteric sciences and a couple others
>>
>>17508407
By what standard?
>>
>>17508403
Oh sorry, I forgot to post this, from my collection.

[mobi]: The Blood of the Earth
John Michael Greer

http://www118.zippyshare.com/v/pwxEztBa/file.html

To avoid pasting a wall of text, see a description here: http://scarletimprint.com/books/the-blood-of-the-earth/

>>17508415
Thank you.
>>
>>17508420
Grey & Carroll and I wanted to see how bad Wasserman's essay was. I wanted to see the art, as well, and if the folks contributing that I hadn't heard of were any good.

C'mon, mate, it's a hard to find scan that I wanted to flip through.
>>
File: 1309648335389.jpg (53KB, 397x500px) Image search: [Google]
1309648335389.jpg
53KB, 397x500px
>>17508421
>When it's 600 gigs but you only got 200 gigs free
>>
>>17508436
Oh, so basically how one judges middle school level fiction. Fitting.
>>
>>17508459
There's a hose outside if you need some help getting that sand out of your vagina.
>>
>>17508459
?
Grey's written academic material published by uni presses. Carroll's a PhD. mathematician. Wasserman's a cunt but I wanted to see if he had anything of value to say.

The first two authors alone, given their track record of interesting, well received, clearly composed, knowledgeable material, their contribution, coming from a press that also elucidates Afro-Carib systems and other special interest materials, left me interested, so I don't see how that's how one judges middle school fiction, but sure.
>>
>>17508316
Not every occultist says it is, if you don't know the difference between magic and mysticism then fuck off m8
>>
>>17508289
you're all about the brill, do you have studies in astral magic in medieval jewish thought or seek to see him?
also grabbed some moshe idel, yehuda ashlag, some english translations of old hebrew stuff you may or may not have, aaron leitch, harold bloom and bhikku boddhi
>>
>Ten Quantum Tools to change your world in an instant.pdf

HA Ha ha
So much glorious crap in here. Going through all the single authors before I go through the huge omnibus folders. Getting introduced to so much new crazy today.
>>
>>17508523
>do you have studies in astral magic in medieval jewish thought
Yuh, it's over in the Kabbalah folder. Direct Link:
https://mega.nz/#!lU502TbD!ql5nidVyCCIHRFkZAn6q2TgOxKKr2Zh8gdnzadxsR5Y

I checked the 90k file for all the Kabbalah that I know about and don't have but want. He's got fuckall, but a few authors that have written the things I'm looking for, just not the exact books.

Pain in my ass, friendo.
>>
>>17508529
how about seek to see him? didn't see it in your gnostic folder, i dont think
>>
>>17508529
>>17508528
>>17508523
>Frater K's 100k book esotericism party.
Y'ALL WANT SUM BOOKS? I GOT SUM GOOD'NS THAT'LL LAST US ALL AFTERNOON, GAWTDAYUM.
>>
>>17508479
>Carroll's a PhD. mathematician.
Is that the memematician who developed a TOE that got btfo by the HG?
>>
>>17508541
Nope (not that I'm aware of).
>>
>>17508574
This memematician?
http://www.specularium.org/
>>
>>17508582
Yuh, dunno if he ever did a ToE, if he did it never came across my table. I'm also really not sure about his new web presence....actually, I'm suddenly not so sure what's up here. Wires may be getting crossed, my old citation on that is ded w/ no archive. Either I was gettin' trolled on his PhD or we've got people swapping credentials for a few Petes on summary pages.
>>
>>17508582
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_J._Carroll
>Carroll studied science at the University of London and graduated with a "precisely calculated minimum pass".
AHHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHHAHA
YOU CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>17508613
It had been my understanding that he had completed higher ed and was teaching stateside before he started amping up his web presence again, but I'm either off base or just wrong.
>>
>>17508374
Thanks, I´ll see. For Liber IAO, I just judge for what I see in Eshelman´s AA web, where it goes mentioned. What are those constituents for upper grade papers?
>>
>>17507254
http://yourbittorrent.com/down/7463615.torrent
Slow but seeded, (original) Italian audio.
>>
File: 1302076829013.jpg (42KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
1302076829013.jpg
42KB, 500x363px
Bump limit reached. Who's posting the next one? May I recommend linking to the portugal folder in the op? that is a lot of material
>>
>>17507737
>"possession" you needn't worry. credible cases of unintended possession in the past 100 years = 0

You speak like there are credible cases of Evocations/Invocations/etc beyond normal suggestion.

Also, does the occult have any explanation for common poltergeists? (I'm not a pro, I just like to read this threads)
>>
File: GIDQKgH - Copy.png (1MB, 685x1028px) Image search: [Google]
GIDQKgH - Copy.png
1MB, 685x1028px
last post!
>>
>>17511296
Over my dead ban.
>>
File: tumblr_mkwyrtmM421rozjl5o1_500.jpg (67KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mkwyrtmM421rozjl5o1_500.jpg
67KB, 500x400px
>>17511354
bad fairy!
>>
File: 05 - wSo5ja7.jpg (213KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
05 - wSo5ja7.jpg
213KB, 1080x720px
page 11? wut?
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.