[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pluto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 17

File: pluto.jpg (22KB, 480x428px) Image search: [Google]
pluto.jpg
22KB, 480x428px
Apparently NASA pulled a color photo of Pluto, some guy on fb commented on a public post:

"I find it strange that this color photo is unavailable on NASA's websites. It's strange that they have clearly duplicated the color photo, cropped it, converted it to grayscale, and flipped the image vertically and horizontally. I think the contrast has been adjusted as well. Isn't this tampering with the data? Withholding the color image, isn't that censorship? We have the right to the data, not some edit of it.
Like · Reply · 51 mins"

This also gave me the crazy idea that either Earth is a colony or humans left the planet long ago, and maybe even that the asteroid belt is a destroyed planet and Mars' biosphere was destroyed. One step further, our governments either already have the technology to go to other planets (you think they're really going to tell us when they have the ability to hide information like this?) or are connected to aliens.

I definitely don't believe it though, our notion of history is pretty sound.
>>
File: pluto.png (270KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
pluto.png
270KB, 400x400px
Retard, there are tons of color photos of Pluto out there. Here's a few from just one site:

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap160115.html
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap160227.html
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap150925.html
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap150831.html

And of Charon:
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap151002.html
>>
>>17497006
How do you explain NASA pulling the color version
>>
>>17497032
They didn't, he just showed you four of them right there. Also, what the hell could they possibly hide by removing some color and flipping it?
>>
>>17497066
unsure. just pointing out that they can hide this information easily.
>>
File: 538544_1.jpg (77KB, 444x600px) Image search: [Google]
538544_1.jpg
77KB, 444x600px
>>17497113
>posts pic of HIDDEN SUPPRESSED SeKR3T PHOTO
>uses this as evidence that The Powers That Be can "hide this information easily"

>doesn't see how bat-shit insane his argument is
>>
>>17497133
If they have a color photo of Pluto, they have more and aren't releasing.
>>
>>17497143
Yep, definitely bat-shit insane.
>>
File: 1439173173705.png (37KB, 300x298px) Image search: [Google]
1439173173705.png
37KB, 300x298px
>>17497169
>Implying higher powers haven't kept secrets from public before
>Implying a bigger picture way of thinking is batshit crazy
>>
>>17496981
sorry anon, there are multiple secret space programs that have colonized the solar system and beyond for over 50 years now.

>fulldisclosure.today
this will get you in the right direction
>>
>>17496981
>>17497143
>>17497169
>>17497255
Remote Sensing student here. Lemme explain how this science works.

Essentially, 3 bands are combined to create a color image. Using Earth bound sats, for an example. Let us be specific, use Landsat-8. Landsat-8 has 11 bands 'sensed' by instruments. The color-guns on (Red, Green, Blue) of your screen pulls on information to create color.

So for example, to make "true color" (more on why I use quotations later)
Red Band = Red Color Gun
Green Band = Green CG
Blue Band = Blue CG

So to make a false color image, like Infrared:
Near Infrared = Red CG
Red Band = Green CG
Green Band = Blue CG

Each band is a matrix of numbers, so for example if I have a pixel that has three data sources 196/97/199? That is Red 196, Green 97, Blue 199, then we have a pink color as a result. The actual "source" for the data for say, RED, does NOT have to be an actual red. It could be ANY source of intensity of that "band" of color.

Which is why I return to the "true color" images. Any photo you see from space or your iphone, etc. Is not a REAL color image. It is an approximation of what your eyes would see.

When ever you see a band in "black and white" - it is JUST that band. So for example, the original photo we see of Pluto of it being black and white would be say, just red or IR or TIR, or even an active sensor like RADAR.

The color photo you see of Pluto in OP could be generated by ANY COMBINATION. For example, Blue Band = Red, Red Band = Green, Green Band = Blue. You could literally combine RGB into 720 unique images producing different colors.

TLDR: The "color" image you see doesn't reflect real life. It could easily be any combination.

If you want to see "true" color, you need the original data and compile the image yourself. Which isn't hard, you just need a compiler that works with their data source.
>>
>>17497006
Dude that picture is fake af, just look at it. Look at the lighting and shadowing. Look at it RETARD
>>
>>17497006
Y no other stars in pic?
>>
>>17497303
>Remote Sensing student here. Lemme explain how this science works.

Stopped there, can science explain intuition? Or a reason why you feel a need to prove yourself right all the time?
>>
>>17497315
Exposure. Go take a photo of a football stadium at night with all the lights on. Find the stars.
>>
>>17497330
I'm not proving anything right. If you actually read I was supporting you.
>>
There's good odds that other life exists in our Solar Sysyem.
>>
>>17497330
Okay lemme add one more

>>17497303
TLDR: NASA's color images could be a combination of any bands they have. You could color Pluto to any color you want with real data. So OFC NASA could lie the fuck through their teeth about what they are presenting. They could provide color images without even having "visual" sensors.

Only way to 'trust' it is to have the raw data yourself. Which is still a matrix of numbers beamed from their machine.
>>
>>17496981
>you think they're really going to tell us when they have the ability to hide information like this
You realize that saying " Derez a gubermint comspeerasy to hide da ebidence!!!!1!!!1one" doesn't remove burden of proof from you, right? Now you need to provide evidence of a cover-up conspiracy IN ADDITION to evidence that "the government" has the tech for interplanetary travel readily available.
>>
>>17497351
my bad senpai.
>>
>>17497360
It's fine mate, I didn't take offense.
>>
>>17496981
I toy with the idea of humans being the remnants of a previous civilization or a colony plant. I think it is my personal, most rational explanation to human ancestry and genealogy. That or a separate, advanced race found primates and tweaked their genome to close to our current biological state.

As for the transplant colony... I think this is plausible due to all the archeological evidence we have labeled as megalithic. Great giza pyramid, mayan tower at capital, etc. All of these instances of man made achievement that confound modern scientist as to how ancient, primitive methods could have attained such high level craftsmanship. Technology and methods from previous civilization made the first and best structures. But those first generations died and the old tools broke. As the ancient, advanced knowledge was lost, humans were required to restart the process of social benchmarks.

And for the alien genetic fuckery... There is a lack of skeletal and archeological evidence to the link between primate and us. Science generally agrees we have been the same physiologically for millennia. If evolution did take us naturally from chimp to me.. Where is the hundreds or thousands of generations of apeman evidence. Not one skeleton. We found a tooth in france. Whole new species created. Later was found to be a fucking pig. Neanderthals were a separate species. But i will allow it as one third of the gap. Where the fuck are my chimp villages? Where is one, just a single testament to the millions of organisms necessary for that much of a radical biological change? I understand its the most logical... (Academically conservative) but dont just take blatant conjecture as empirical evidence.
>>
>>17497395
"Ancient civilization with future-tech" has got to be my least favorite sci-fi cliche.
>>
>>17497255
The idea that NASA would bother to lie about something as irrelevant to everything as the actual colors of Pluto is batshit crazy.

NASA being up to something fishy, I would expect. Them being up to something about this particular topic? No. It wouldn't matter to anyone what Pluto's actual colors are, at least not in any kind of policy-changing sense.
>>
>>17497404
I know. Fucking netflix and that tsoukofuckingcrazyhair meme just stirs up the mud. What i meant was the resources from the original arrival. This would be useful and far greater than anything else here. However, would naturally deteriorate and the skills necessary to fix would be gone.

I think the general public is fed a nice, lukewarm mush to keep people from being too inquisitive. Google insta answers will be our bane and downfall. Give an alternative theory, they ponder it just long enough to remember what they were taught and cling to the ship of safety.

I think star wars galactic shit is the most rational, realistic set up presented. If there is one species. There is 2. If theres 2, theres ^x more.
>>
>>17497255
Not having any common sense because you want to hate NASA and the government so much is batshit crazy. There are real things to be worried about in terms of the US government. I doubt this is one of them.
>>
>>17497439
I don't hate our government, because i live in their country. I necessarily don't trust every word that they release anywhere. NASA, Media etc.
>>
It could be two photos taken from the same position with different cameras. They load probes with a ton of equipment and it wouldn't surprise me if they had like 15 different sensors going off at once.
>>
>>17497448
>I necessarily don't trust every word that they release anywhere
Translation: "Anything that the government has even a hint of a whisper of a hand in is part of a NWO brainwashing cover-up conspiracy and you can't prove it isn't!"
>>
>>17496981
there's no absolute up in space, so it makes no difference if they flip the pic. and maybe they thought grayscale allows one to see features and elevation better. the captured data can be rendered to multiple different types of visualized output. don't think there's anything especially shady here.
>>
Fuck I hate this board now.

Every interesting thread gets ruined by basement debunkers and any real discussion of these topics is impossible.
>>
>>17497671
okay, we'll leave then and let you go back to being a credulous fucking retard. have fun.
>>
>>17497686
thanks
>>
>>17497671
How could you possibly find this interesting? These "NASA lies," threads are beyond boring.
>>
>>17497729
Then ignore it.
I find people who come in threads like this just to post the same old arguments we've all heard a thousand times incredibly boring.

What's really funny is how you think you're going to change the opinion of someone on a paranormal board who come here to discuss these topics.

It's like an atheist running into a church service on Sunday and shouting over the preacher about how God isn't real.
>>
>>17497355
Why do you feel the need to spell like a damn retard? I know you're trying to make fun, but it's beyond stupid doing that.
>>
>>17497742
dude, you're mind-blowingly fucking stupid. when something's legit paranormal, have at it. but why would you want to deliberately pull the wool over your own eyes when there's clearly nothing afoot? why the fuck would you actually want to dumb yourself down and be credulous? are you just looking for a gossip circle, a bunch of fags giving each other confirmation bias reacharounds? to me, that's incredibly boring. shooting the bullshit down so that there's no noise around when something legit comes along; now that's interesting.
>>
File: 1434677145814.jpg (54KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1434677145814.jpg
54KB, 600x600px
>>17497762
I guess you're the absolute authority on what's real paranormal and what's not, huh?
>>
>>17497771
>hey guise what do you think of this retarded fb post i found?
>doesn't look like much. there is no up in space, so there's nothing shady about them flipping it.
>no whaaaa whaaaaaaa you're supposed to say the rothschilds did it. telling my mom. reeeeeeee

you're a moron.
>>
>>17497066
Because it would clearly show that it, like all planetary bodies according to ancient legend, is made of cheese.
>>
>>17497269
>fulldisclosure.today

jesus christ anon...what a crock of shit
>>
>>17497742
Yeah but most of the shit that's speculated here is utter uninformed bullshit pulled out of someones ass. Why would you want to feed eachother untrue bullshit and go hurr durr conspiracy about. You are making eachother dumber by wanting to exclude logic from these threads and i don't that would be something you want to strive for.
>>
>>17497525
Are you color blind, because your viewing everything in black and white.
>>
>>17497729
Opinions are like assholes.....
>>
>>17498291
One man's logic is another man's crazy and so on and so forth people are discussing things anon they don't have to be logical that's why they are being discussed here......
>>
File: ==space is cgi==.png (609KB, 655x541px) Image search: [Google]
==space is cgi==.png
609KB, 655x541px
>>
>>17497143
Air-fucking-tight
>>
>>17498376
the operative word there is discussion, isn't it. this twit comes here with this tinfoil hat garbage, and then when people try to debate him on it, he spills his tampons all over the place. he didn't come here for a discussion. he came here for a bias-confirming RP circlejerk.

i mean, what's the dude looking for?

>y-yes a-anon we also think the reptilians flipped this pic and changed the contrast as a prologue to giving us all morgellons via CNN

the thread isn't stupid. the op's shitty attitude is.
>>
File: opinions.jpg (33KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
opinions.jpg
33KB, 500x417px
>>17498370
>>
>>17497742
No, it's really more like OP posts something stupid and demonstrably false, people post the evidence that proves, conclusively and objectively that OP's claims were bullshit and then some trolls start whining that correcting blatant falsehoods on /x/ is somehow taboo because we're all supposed to be stupid and delusional here for some reason.

But it's not true. /x/ regulars with any brains just correct bullshit. You post bullshit, it's going to get corrected. There's plenty of the spooky and paranormal to explore without being retarded, stop bawling that every time you act retarded, someone who isn't retarded points it out. Instead, stop acting so retarded and stop claiming /x/ is supposed to be for retards like you. It's not.
>>
>>17496981
seriously OP? get a grip
>>
>>17497269
lmao 3/10 may rustle plebtier jimmies
>>
They do not want you to know.
>>
>according to facebook comments

Really? What's next, conspiracies inspired by youtube comments?

>duplicated the color photo, cropped it, converted it to black and white, and flipped it horizontally and vertically

And how do we know this? How do we not know the color version is a false color/colorized version of the original? How do we know they are not two different pictures from two different cameras?

The black and white photo clearly provides more contrast, which appears to be related to the arrows of features NASA wants to specifically point out, now divorced from any context. Looking even more closely, these appear to be two different pictures. They're taken from the same approach to the planet, of course, but the b&w looks like it was taken a little closer, and not just because it's enlarged.
>>
>>17498252
>>17498683
the germans, blame the germans. they got out there first.
site looks legit tho
>>
The real beef i got with all this consipiracy shit you know man is that we all have to get along but you wonder who isnt and its all like where do the not getters go gettem and you look on the tv and you see the faces embraces the hatreds. I found this bug spray that gives me the intoxicating euphoria i love most
>>
>>17497309
what's wrong with it?
It looks like it's slightly ovee exposed, with some reinhard tonemapping to compress the dynamic range without losing detail.
>>
>>17496981
They did that all to get a better picture. So it looks more interesting and pretty. Duh doi.
>>
>>17496981
>Isn't this tampering with the data? Withholding the color image, isn't that censorship? We have the right to the data, not some edit of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p_0bnICtDc
>>
>>17497269
holy shit, /x should be all over this.
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 584x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 584x500px
since we're discussing space, let me ask this. Is there a constellation(s) that look like pic related? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>17499513
It used to be until the newfags and edgelord kids came and shitted everything up
>>
>>17497113
How is that hiding information. I can't even respond 2 how dumb this thread is
>>
>>17500129
the link has it all. it is the answer
>>
>>17496981
NASA is /b/ tier m8
>>
>>17498886
Underrated post
>>
File: image.jpg (174KB, 1024x924px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174KB, 1024x924px
>>17496981
Theres nothing mysterious about this shit you faggot. Either that color one was a shop of the B&W one or they just converted it to greyacale and added shit to make it more dramatic and technical looking so more people inclined to look at it. Calm down retard.
>>
>>17497303

>>i'm a psychic, and i'm going to explain the technical aspects of color photography.

that is your prerogative
>>
>>17502938
As posted above, it's the first one- that black-and-white image is the feed from a sensor tuned to one specific wavelength, and the "color" image is made by photoshopping together several different sensors with color filters.

It's much more efficient to build scientific cameras this way, because you get the full camera resolution for each wavelength rather than having one-third of your image sensor's pixels receiving one color, one-third receiving another, etc. Plus, if you want you can build in more than three wavelength filters to choose from, so you can get more science out of the same instrument. Scientists don't really care about true-color photographic reproduction anyway, because "the range and spectrum of perception of the human eye under normal lightning conditions" is not a terribly useful source of data.

Basically every "color" image you see from a space probe is made this way.
>>
File: index.jpg (4KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4KB, 318x159px
>>17496981

the earth is flat, nothing you see from nasa is real, look into it
>>
>>17497006
#burn #btfo
>>
>>17497395

First off, we didn't come from chimps, we just share a common ancestor way back

Secondly, there is a myriad of hominid fossils that have been discovered and clearly show that we were not the first species in the Homo genus. We have skulls, teeth and in some cases complete skeletons of our evolutionary predecessors

>you're a shitty human being for trying to spread your lies
>>
>>17503869

Looked into it plenty, it's nothing more than the rantings of paranoid idiots
>>
File: IMG_20150304_113116.jpg (200KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150304_113116.jpg
200KB, 2592x1456px
I TRIED TO POST A A TOPIC BEFORE, BUT GOT DELETED INSTANTLY. A PORTAL JUST OPENED IN THE SKY. THE PRESSURE DROPPED AND IT STARTED TO TAKE ME.
I RAN INSIDE, BUT I THINK IT'S GETTING CLOSER
>>
I'LL TRY TO GET A PHOTO (THE LAST PIC THE WRONG ONE)
>>
I CAN'T GO OUT THERE...
>>
>>17505750
you're full of shit
>>
IT MIGHT HAVE STOPPED. I DON'T KNOW. I CANT GO OUT
>>
I CAN'T PRETEND TO KNOW WHAT IT WAS THOUGH
>>
>>17503869
I really wish you flat Esther's would stop. You're so deluded you're offering the ultimate blue pill.
>>
>>17505767

I KNOW WHAT IT WAS

YOUR DAD
>>
>>17503869
fuck off m8
>>
>>17498778
get a life beta incel autistic neckbeard
>>
>>17497113
Reminds me of the San Diego Chargers logo
>>
N A S A

A S A N

Asan is the Muslim god of mischief. He had the power to create physical mirages and trick Humans into committing sin.

Totally just made that up. Yup. Fuck you. That's what happens when you come on neckbeard threads like this. You probably believed it too.
>>
>>17496981

The good thing about being alive is that no matter how big of a government top boss you are and no matter how much info you hide, you're still gonna die.

Death is great. Makes everyone humble.
>>
>>17505960
You cheeky twat!
>>
>>17497355
It frightens you to know that the government really doesn't give 1/11th of a microfuck about you, or your well being doesn't it? They have hidden shit for years anon they have done some pretty fucked up shit to get the ball rolling in the direction they please.. saying they are hiding interplanetary travel isn't that far fetched of a claim..
>>
>>17505970
Kek
>>
File: gaybook-AS17-141-21608HR-small.jpg (293KB, 1287x1292px) Image search: [Google]
gaybook-AS17-141-21608HR-small.jpg
293KB, 1287x1292px
>>17505960
has ASAN authored that lunar gay book they did uncover during the apollo 17 mission in nevada?
>>
File: webs.png (554KB, 743x745px) Image search: [Google]
webs.png
554KB, 743x745px
>>17505267
>>17505783

not him but he is right, Earth is not a retarded ball spinning at MACH 1.6 and moving at 32 times the speed of a riffle bullet
>>
>>17506375
Nasa won't tell you what they're really up to.
>>
File: ecuador-fe.png (506KB, 1263x697px) Image search: [Google]
ecuador-fe.png
506KB, 1263x697px
>>17506393
of course they wont, they are a branch of the military
they won't also tell you what they were able to discover with the help of the taxpayer money, yours, what they have known now for decades, because they don't work for you or a greater good either.
>>
you idiots do realize that the vast majority of cool colorful galaxy pics and shit you see from NASA are false color, right? they don't actually look like that?
>>
File: ZWK99012k.jpg (65KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
ZWK99012k.jpg
65KB, 768x576px
>>17503869
if there was a pill that you could take that would result in pic related, that is the pill you took.
>>
>>17497269
get out of here. just fucking get off my board.
>>
>>17506052
you still have the burden of proof, i believe the government shouldnt be trusted, because of things they have done that we know about. give us proof anon, or dont, and shut the fuck up.
>>
What about the Mars mission why even conduct it if they couldn't control the Normie's going.
>>
>>17497303
Where the fuck is there an accredited Remote Sensing program...that's what I want to know.
>>
>>17496981
Nigga what.
THe asteroid belt was a planet that failed to form due to Jupiter's ridiculous gravity. The same gravity that acts like a celestial bodyguard for the inner planet's by altering the course of comets and asteroids.
Mars lost its atmosphere due to its weak magnetosphere. Its atmosphere was gradually eroded away by the solar winds.
Seriously, the shit you're talking isn't even something that's all that mysterious. There's all kinds of journals and articles touching on these 2 things in particular. Just fucking Google shit or take a goddamned astronomy course online or something, idiot.
>>
File: 1410107996768.gif (367KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1410107996768.gif
367KB, 320x240px
>>17497330
DUMB RETARD ALERT DUMB RETARD ALERT
>>
>>17505785
I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU ARE, BUT THERE'S SOMETHING DIFFERENT HERE NOW AND I THINK WE'RE DEAD
>>
>>17499561
WE ARE ROLLED UP MITES IN A BLANKET
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.